Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mermaids under further investigation

Developping....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 15, 2023 9:48 AM

Good. Evil, sick people.

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2022 12:46 AM

I woudn't go this far... misguided rather

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2022 1:02 AM

[quote]Developping

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2022 1:19 AM

From The Telegraph

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2022 1:21 AM

O deer!

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2022 1:50 AM

That Telegraph article has the picture of the kid she had operated on as a teen. Ironically, s/he doesn't pass--masculine jaw, tall, broad-shouldered. It really is barbaric to permanently mutilate a minor that way.

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2022 6:49 AM

Sweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2022 8:19 AM

That organization not only needs to be shut down, the owners and workers need to be placed behind bars for life!

by Anonymousreply 8December 3, 2022 8:31 AM

Ha, ha, true to form they turn on all their allies and forced that cunt Susie Green out, I fucking love watching this.

by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2022 1:12 PM

Yup, r9:

[quote] The Mermaids boss was forced out amid a staff revolt including complaints that she was not transgender,

The staff were not revolting against a lack of child safeguarding.

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2022 2:16 PM

Yeah R10, seems the allies can never be good enough, let's not forget that JK was an ally until she just totally wasn't anymore. Of course, as always, they can do whatever they want, all the time, but no one else, like say, women, can force out non women from their organizations. So they are both women and trans but women are just icky I guess.

by Anonymousreply 11December 4, 2022 2:23 PM

Sacrificing her son’s penis wasn’t enough for them, r11 😳

by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2022 2:29 PM

Yes I guess she didn't do enough for the cause. God, that poor lantern jawed son with humungous hands that he inexplicably painted green nails on...I wonder if she will start to think about this and realize that she was lied to, like all the parents are, or maybe she doesn't care since her kid isnt gay now. I do hope she starts to resent them though.

by Anonymousreply 13December 4, 2022 2:33 PM

Get a life OP.

by Anonymousreply 14December 4, 2022 2:47 PM

Why? Because I presented a news item on LGBTQ interest from that right wing rag The Guardian?🙂

by Anonymousreply 15December 6, 2022 5:21 AM

I guess people really didn’t like that Black Ariel, but what’s investigating going to change?

by Anonymousreply 16December 6, 2022 5:34 AM

Hopefully they get fined? Or lose their charity status?

I know that’s what people are hoping for.

by Anonymousreply 17December 6, 2022 5:58 AM

All of this because Susie Green was married to a homophobic asshole.

I’d still like to know where Jack/Jackie got the Polly Pockets from in the first place - there was no older sister in the family. Also, where the idea of wanting the sex change operation at age six came from, especially since it was the late 90s.

by Anonymousreply 18December 6, 2022 6:12 AM

Go dilate r14!

by Anonymousreply 19December 6, 2022 6:15 AM

What a mature, witty, well thought out response r19.

by Anonymousreply 20December 6, 2022 1:02 PM

[quote]Mermaids said in a statement that it had separately commissioned an independent external report earlier this year “to carry out a frank and honest appraisal of our internal culture and how we measure up in terms of equity, diversity and inclusion”.

They've completely lost the thread of the story and trying to use magic handwaving with buzzwords to hide the issues.

They're not being investigated for equity, diversity, and inclusion. They're being investigated for whether they safeguard children, governance, and management.

by Anonymousreply 21December 6, 2022 1:13 PM

Well they are a delusional bunch R21, maybe they really think they're being investigated for not having a trans lead.

by Anonymousreply 22December 7, 2022 3:19 PM

Another article by conservative writer this time

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 13, 2022 5:32 AM

Another link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 22, 2022 9:47 AM

"Go dilate [R14]!"

Go fist yourself.

I mean, if that's the level of discourse....

Oh, I'm not r14. I'm just surprised that you're still using that old canard as an insult.

But you probably start Helen Lawson threads and crap like that.

by Anonymousreply 25December 22, 2022 10:09 AM

Oh dear, another thread with personality disordered terfs who smokescreen their sociopathy in 'concern for children and youth'. Very TRANSparent.

by Anonymousreply 26December 22, 2022 10:35 AM

The Harry Potter stars who came out against JK are such misguided assholes. Sensitivity trained in the wrong direction.

by Anonymousreply 27December 22, 2022 10:45 AM

More from Spiked

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 7, 2023 9:25 AM

I’m sure everything will be just fine.

by Anonymousreply 29February 7, 2023 9:34 AM

I guess Davida has stopped the race-baiting bullshit and is now moving on to bumping old anti-trans troll threads. Great.

by Anonymousreply 30February 7, 2023 9:44 AM

More from Susie Green, ex-CEO of Mermaids

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31February 15, 2023 12:27 AM

R9 and R10 I don't get it. Why would it matter whether the woman who runs things is trans or not? I thought transwomen are women? So why should we distinguish between the two?

Oh. I think I get it. Transwomen are women and needed to be treated exactly like women in all circumstances EXCEPT when it's more beneficial for transwomen to suddenly retain that "trans" part.

Which goes back to my belief: Transwomen are transwomen and that's totally cool and should be respected. But transwomen are not now, nor ever, women. Which, obviously, every person in the entire world knows. Included trans folks. It's such a silly game. And causes so much unnecessary problems.

by Anonymousreply 33February 15, 2023 2:52 AM

Oh, that’s a different Susie Green.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 15, 2023 3:45 AM

Susie Green abused her own child and then abused other children to validate the abuse that she put her child through. The sooner she is in prison, the better.

by Anonymousreply 35February 15, 2023 8:58 AM

^ Yes. I don't care about her son's sexuality but apparently to her, her son was gay-acting or gay-looking or effeminate or not man-enough that she transed her then-minor boy, mutilating and stuffing him with unhealthy artificial hormones.

Such icon of "conversion therapy (gay or gay-looking ppl) " & "child mutilation" & "drugging and sterilising children", aka woke/progressive homophobia, and this (woman & org) and this is what so many stupid LGB and LGB allies have mindlessly supported all in the name of LGBT(Q)!

by Anonymousreply 36February 15, 2023 9:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!