Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have You Ever Been Told to Watch your back in them streets

Today at whole foods was shopping for a corporate luncheon. My colleague, Liza and I were waiting in line in an overcrowded unusually disorganized store. Some douche in a tuxedo in front said fuck that I'm going to Vons. He placed his groceries in our cart and 😉.

A very attractive blonde ringing up our aisle announced, we apologize for the delay, half our staff is out due to covid. That is when very loudly a tall, fairly attractive black woman with big hoop earrings said, We don't need to know that" The cashier didn't respond. She continued,"The shit makes not wanna shop in this store" also on her cell phone, "look imma call u back and tell Tyrone he betta have my money when I see him". I chuckled and nervously held it. She noticed an intense stare from a middle aged fella behind her and asked,"what is you looking at". I'm going to fast forward this story because there's a lot ranging from contempt to humor from other shoppers in the store.

At some point Liza asked the woman, "Can you please calm down with your theatrics, I have a migraine." That is when the woman went off, "you dumb white bitch stay in your lane. This store is crowded and ghetto" she added. People were appalled. I chimed in that she needed to relax and move back. She cursed us out the entire time the worker was bagging our groceries. When we were exiting the parking lot we encountered her at an intersection, driving a BMW I might add. "She rolled down her window and screamed, "And you betta watch yo back in them streets". Liza and I looked at each other. Liza asked me, "Do you think shes Trans." We both laughed as I I sped off.

by Anonymousreply 55December 4, 2022 3:49 AM

OP = Michael Feinstein

by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2022 9:25 PM

Well it was a first for me too...

by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2022 9:50 PM

OP, you lost me at "Liza".

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2022 11:19 PM

Creating writing is not your thing, OP

by Anonymousreply 4December 2, 2022 11:20 PM

Is this the 2022 iteration of the "Move it along, toots" troll?

by Anonymousreply 5December 2, 2022 11:21 PM

R3, I knew I would get scorn because this is DL and all. But that is indeed my coworkers name.

by Anonymousreply 6December 2, 2022 11:21 PM

Lame attempt at humor, and poor writing skills

by Anonymousreply 7December 2, 2022 11:26 PM

Tell me more! Tell me more!

by Anonymousreply 8December 2, 2022 11:26 PM

I can't state my opinion until I know how attractive every character in your story is.

by Anonymousreply 9December 2, 2022 11:37 PM

0/10

by Anonymousreply 10December 2, 2022 11:39 PM

R9, the impatient tuxedo man was fairly good looking. Likely mid to late 30s. He just looked very tired. I suspect he was coked up. Gave me strong Charlie Sheen vibes.

Liza, well she's Liza. Very cute when she was younger. Lets just say she has heart of gold now. And of course I'm a ten.

And no your sarcasm wasn't lost on me.

by Anonymousreply 11December 2, 2022 11:44 PM

Why is this true story so hard to fathom?

by Anonymousreply 12December 2, 2022 11:45 PM

True story R12?

by Anonymousreply 13December 2, 2022 11:46 PM

Your tale needs more cowbell OP.

by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2022 11:47 PM

More shit brick houses too R14. Perhaps a tiny cocklet or two thrown in for good measure.

by Anonymousreply 15December 2, 2022 11:48 PM

OP, I feel for you. It's tough to write in English when it's not your first, second, or third language. But you deserve credit for trying!

by Anonymousreply 16December 2, 2022 11:50 PM

I don't know what's more disturbing that a woman would curse us over a prime roast and long lines or the fact that DL of all places does not believe me.

I will pray for humanity.

by Anonymousreply 17December 2, 2022 11:50 PM

I did laugh at We don’t need to know that!

by Anonymousreply 18December 2, 2022 11:50 PM

R16 Stfu you reductive cunt. Go away and find a grammar nazi to play with.

by Anonymousreply 19December 2, 2022 11:51 PM

Its not hard to fathom its just hard to care about R12

by Anonymousreply 20December 2, 2022 11:51 PM

R20 Understandable. That's whats wrong with society today. Everyone is Me, me, me all the time. That was on perfect display during my trip to whole foods today.

by Anonymousreply 21December 2, 2022 11:53 PM

I’d take OP’s ESTs but we already predicted the numbers.

by Anonymousreply 22December 3, 2022 12:00 AM

R22, the fact that you doubt this is triggering.

Can all the haters please leave the thread.

by Anonymousreply 23December 3, 2022 12:05 AM

Too many people are suffering from long covid brain fog these days, and that makes their writing atrocious. Every news article now is full of syntax errors and weird sentence structures. The humanity is doomed.

by Anonymousreply 24December 3, 2022 12:14 AM

R24 I agree and I do apologize. I think I do have covid fain brog. It would also explain the behavior of the patrons at Whole Foods today.

by Anonymousreply 25December 3, 2022 12:24 AM

Also to add, the remarks from the ghetto BMW driver are her literal words. Her ebonics coupled with a few typos, misplaced commas might be off putting to some.

by Anonymousreply 26December 3, 2022 12:26 AM

Liza has been through enough, and now this.

by Anonymousreply 27December 3, 2022 12:32 AM

What's off putting is your desperation.

by Anonymousreply 28December 3, 2022 12:32 AM

Was Liza on a scooter or were you wheeling her around in a shopping cart?

by Anonymousreply 29December 3, 2022 12:33 AM

So the groceries that were placed in your cart by the tuxedoed gentleman, did you actually purchase them? Were they the hit of the corporate luncheon? Did his taste in food match his taste in attire?

by Anonymousreply 30December 3, 2022 12:36 AM

R30 Of course we did not purchase them. His tuxedo was wrinkled. And I did not need 2 bottles of champagne, bacon, mozzarella sticks, frozen salmon, kiwi and strawberries. But more importantly I would never trust anyone walking around in wrinkled formal attire.

by Anonymousreply 31December 3, 2022 12:51 AM

[quote]I did not need 2 bottles of champagne, bacon, mozzarella sticks, frozen salmon, kiwi and strawberries.

I bet Liza would have loved that though.

by Anonymousreply 32December 3, 2022 1:00 AM

This morning Lizza called. Apparently she was drinking over an Ex, and her session with her woke therapist got testy. She's now deluded herself into thinking she was a microaggressor. She wants to track down BMW lady to apologize. I was too tired still to entertain the thought.

by Anonymousreply 33December 3, 2022 2:52 PM

I want to know where this ghetto Whole Foods is.

by Anonymousreply 34December 3, 2022 3:10 PM

[quote]Perhaps a tiny cocklet or two thrown in for good measure.

PUNY cocklet. Puny.

by Anonymousreply 35December 3, 2022 3:11 PM

R34 This Whole Foods isn't ghetto; just a chaotic mess due to staff shortage. Everyone seemed to be on edge and BMW lady was on 10.

by Anonymousreply 36December 3, 2022 3:15 PM

This might be the saddest EST ever.

by Anonymousreply 37December 3, 2022 3:17 PM

You’ll never guess what happened when I wash out schopping in Whole Foodsh with my dear friend Michael Feinshtein!

by Anonymousreply 38December 3, 2022 3:21 PM

R37 Why do you believe this is an EST. Does it offend your sensibilities. Does it affect your ability to be right.

I have never lied on DL. Never have, never will.

by Anonymousreply 39December 3, 2022 3:43 PM

R39 I'm a writer and editor, and I can spot inconsistencies a mile away.

You can save whatever bullshit you want to say to defend this for someone who gives a fuck. This is utter horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 40December 3, 2022 8:00 PM

R40, what inconsistencies. I left a whole chunk of the story out, and the how argument between Liza and BMW lady truly escalated. My post would be a 2 page essay had I done so.

by Anonymousreply 41December 3, 2022 8:04 PM

R41 Write away! I mean one time we had an 8 part thread on these dumbfucks who killed each other over clearing out snow from a parking space. Your story seems way more compelling!

by Anonymousreply 42December 3, 2022 8:06 PM

Op is a ten and the story features Liza, a "sassy black woman" and a tuxedo in a grocery store?

by Anonymousreply 43December 3, 2022 10:17 PM

So apparently Liza and I were trolled. First of all Liza did not tell me the whole story. She and the black lady had an encountere earlier in the store over the last prime rib. Liza went and grabbed it and the BMW lady said her eyeballs were already on it. "Why would you touch my prime rib with your dusty hands" They had a brief confrontation and Liza walked away after offering the lady 50 bucks. How offensive?

Anyways this was all a farce. BMW lady and tuexo man are hidden camera characters who play pranks on people in public. We've been contacted by the entertainment company and the store. We declined their permission to use our video and likeness.

My my what a crazy, entertaining world we live in today.

by Anonymousreply 44December 3, 2022 10:26 PM

R43 thanks for believing me. And to think this was all a prank played on us.

by Anonymousreply 45December 4, 2022 12:07 AM

What would YOU do?

by Anonymousreply 46December 4, 2022 12:22 AM

2/10

by Anonymousreply 47December 4, 2022 3:34 AM

If you had the option to go to Vons, OP, why didn't you go to Vons?

by Anonymousreply 48December 4, 2022 3:38 AM

" Today at whole foods was shopping". Oh DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 49December 4, 2022 3:41 AM

R44 Whole foods doesn't sell prime ribs you silly whore

by Anonymousreply 50December 4, 2022 3:42 AM

I don't understand these boring set. Say what you will about reddit but at least their fabricated stories are entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 51December 4, 2022 3:45 AM

Boring ESTs not set. Stupid auto correct.

by Anonymousreply 52December 4, 2022 3:45 AM

R50.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 4, 2022 3:46 AM

Oooops, r50.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 4, 2022 3:47 AM

R40, for some reason I want you to hate fuck me.

by Anonymousreply 55December 4, 2022 3:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!