Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

East Hampton Gays Love Beige - Tasteful Friends

What say we?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139August 11, 2023 9:56 PM

I’ve got to get out of East Hampton.

by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2022 9:17 PM

AD is on a roll lately with wealthy white gays and their homes.

Last month it was that couple on Sutton Place. At least Jordan Carlyle and Mario Margelist are better looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2022 9:25 PM

Awful. So dull.

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2022 9:25 PM

Of course they are socially prominent; part of the power gay interior designer/trendy set...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 2, 2022 9:26 PM

Another

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 2, 2022 9:27 PM

There are such beautiful paint colors these days there's no excuse painting your house Institutional Ecru.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 2, 2022 9:29 PM

Not everyone wants to use lots of color. I totally get that, but that house was designed way beyond monochromatic and serene to offensively blah.

by Anonymousreply 7December 2, 2022 9:34 PM

Jordan Carlyle, also his Only Fans 'name'

by Anonymousreply 8December 2, 2022 9:34 PM

You're absolutely selling the place short, OP. I mean, really, there was also grey and cream!

It's not what I would have done with such a place, but I admire their commitment to the palette.

by Anonymousreply 9December 2, 2022 9:42 PM

It's not the color palette, per se, that bothers me. I generally find a riot of colors not calming and somewhat irritating.

What bothers me is the generic and boring nature of the entire design and style. It's all so bland in shape, texture, and overall detail.

It's as if the beige color palette IS the design which is, of course, absurd.

by Anonymousreply 10December 2, 2022 9:53 PM

It's not beige, it's LINEN!

by Anonymousreply 11December 2, 2022 9:55 PM

Thanks to R2, we know that these bitches have their priorities right with respect to care of their abs.

Also, since I couldn't be bothered to read too closely, could someone tell us how these two have managed to come by their apparently considerable affluence?

by Anonymousreply 12December 2, 2022 9:57 PM

1) there does not appear to be a comfortable chair etc in the entire place. Maybe the two patio arm chairs. That’s it.

2) committing so hard to that theme makes it all so lifeless and strangely…,not calming. And it’s the kind of uptight place that guests would feel tense in while visiting. You know the owners would notice a crumb drop the second it hits the floor.

3) It gives off the impression they were decorating it to impress others vs actually relax and live in it. For example, those Tiny Tim wooden footstools in the living room.

by Anonymousreply 13December 2, 2022 10:02 PM

I actually really like it but the outside and the inside really clash and like others have mentioned the seating looks uncomfortable except the chair in the bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2022 10:06 PM

They removed the baseboards, wainscotting and window trim, and the result is like seeing someone at a dinner party who isn't wearing pants. Was the goal to make the inside of a Georgian farmhouse look like an adobe home in New Mexico? The color scheme, or lack thereof is ultimately oppressive and kind of depressing in my opinion.

There is a uniformity in variations of mud color which lacks vibrancy and charm. The yard looks good.

It's always a red flag when people describe their homes with words as "haven", "refuge", or "sanctuary". MARY! They both look very short.

by Anonymousreply 15December 2, 2022 10:07 PM

Beige, boring, anodyne. Lacking any originality or personality- a bit like the designers.

by Anonymousreply 16December 2, 2022 10:08 PM

R12

Miss Girl stop being so damn lazy. Answer to your query is contained within first paragraphs of linked AD article.

"DECEMBER 2, 2022 8:00 AM When Jordan Carlyle and Mario Margelist first moved in together seven years ago, the thrill of being in the same city and, importantly, the same house was too great to risk jinxing. “We had been in a long-distance relationship for some time, and Mario was shuttling between Zurich and New York every month or so, working from here when he could. That is, until we realized there was no reason for him not to work from here full time,” recalls Carlyle, founder and principal of New York–based Carlyle Designs. Margelist is founder of Swiss luxury goods boutique, Lux, and Carlyle’s husband. Of course, with all the excitement that followed, neither man was particularly inclined to make any aesthetic edits to the apartment they now call home—one that Carlyle had occupied for many years prior. “We kind of just settled in right away.”

What they didn’t preempt, or plan for, was that the buzz and vibrancy of the city would come with an expiration date. “I’d been in New York for over 12 years, and I was getting burned out with the frenetic pace. We were traveling every single month just to escape the city,” Carlyle says. And so, he and Margelist set their hearts on moving someplace quieter; somewhere close enough for comfort, yet distant enough to slough off the stridency of the city."

/quote

by Anonymousreply 17December 2, 2022 10:10 PM

Needs some chintz.

by Anonymousreply 18December 2, 2022 10:10 PM

Nicholas, hold my flute.

by Anonymousreply 19December 2, 2022 10:12 PM

Hamptons are over run with power gays (and their children), one can't get away from them, particularly East Hampton.

NPH and his husband along with brood are also in East Hampton. Their spread cost $5 million or so. But since NPH was able to unload that townhouse in Harlem for a tidy sum believe one cancels out the other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 2, 2022 10:19 PM

R17, hun, I couldn't bring myself to read past, "Mario was shuttling between Zurich and New York every month or so," so, yes, I missed those crucial details. Now can you tell us how old these bitches are?

by Anonymousreply 21December 2, 2022 10:19 PM

Mario Buatta, Sister Parish, and Tony Duquette wouldn't so much as take off their hats without fleeing to the highway.

by Anonymousreply 22December 2, 2022 10:21 PM

NPH’s hamptons place looks like a dreary dark shitpile.

by Anonymousreply 23December 2, 2022 10:23 PM

I think the large pot of flammable grass near the zillion dollar stove is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 24December 2, 2022 10:28 PM

"Now can you tell us how old these bitches are?"

Have absolutely no idea. Does it really matter?

"Mario was shuttling between Zurich and New York every month or so,"

What of it? Know plenty of couples both gay and straight were the American met (and fell in love) with someone from Europe, so there was lots of international flights across the pond. Once married question then becomes where they will set up housekeeping permanently.

Now that SSM is legal "Mario" can be sponsored to become a US citizen. He may have some sort of visa already that allowed him to travel back and forth between Europe and USA. A tourist visa limits travel to 90 days. Constantly leaving then returning to USA can (and often does) raise red flags if doing so on a European visa tourist waiver.

by Anonymousreply 25December 2, 2022 10:29 PM

R23

Oh I don't know....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 2, 2022 10:30 PM

Quite beigeois.

by Anonymousreply 27December 2, 2022 10:32 PM

Mario Butta was a Staten Island girl, she would have loved this place. Well at least the young buff owners anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 2, 2022 10:35 PM

Young people gay or straight just don't decorate their homes like their grandmothers anymore.

Ironically much of Mario Butta's things auctioned off after his death would have suited this East Hampton property pre-renovation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 2, 2022 10:38 PM

[quote]Mario was shuttling between Zurich and New York every month or so

I imagine him pronouncing Zürich the way Claire Bloom does in Brideshead Revisited.

by Anonymousreply 30December 2, 2022 10:38 PM

"“I’d been in New York for over 12 years, and I was getting burned out with the frenetic pace. We were traveling every single month just to escape the city,”

Miss Thing is a transplant who was burned out by NYC after just 12 years?

Lightweight!

by Anonymousreply 31December 2, 2022 10:43 PM

Well these boys have certainly stated their boundaries—gray is OUT.

by Anonymousreply 32December 2, 2022 10:49 PM

You’re right actually r26. It is not a dark shitpile. It is however a poorly furnished one.

by Anonymousreply 33December 2, 2022 10:55 PM

Banish the black.

Burn the blue.

And bury the beige!

Think pink!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 2, 2022 10:56 PM

Cold, dull. The best you can say is hotel.

And they look awful. Don't know if they are but they look like an awful couple of men.

by Anonymousreply 35December 2, 2022 11:05 PM

Stop being such a dreary old sourpuss R35

You should look so "awful"

(#7) “The most stylish and sexy Instacouple Mario Margelist & Jordan Carlyle”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 2, 2022 11:11 PM

"Know plenty of couples both gay and straight were the American met (and fell in love) with someone from Europe, so there was lots of international flights across the pond."

Well, smell her and her rah-sha-sha cosmopolitan friends.

by Anonymousreply 37December 2, 2022 11:15 PM

Because the furniture and accessories are high end and textured, it works better than it should. I would prefer more color but maybe they prefer this soothing palette. It’s a beautiful home overall.

by Anonymousreply 38December 2, 2022 11:16 PM

R37

No not "cosmopolitan" at all, you live in a major city like New York and it's fairly common for people to meet others from various parts of world.

People come here all the time for business or pleasure, meet someone and start a relationship. This goes for gays and straights. Same thing goes in reverse with Americans who travel internationally.

by Anonymousreply 39December 2, 2022 11:21 PM

But do they like peach, lavender, turquoise and salmon? I mean as colors to wear. It’s imported we make friends with the right kind of people! 💅🏻

by Anonymousreply 40December 2, 2022 11:23 PM

Important* oh dear 💄

by Anonymousreply 41December 2, 2022 11:23 PM

Since one or both of these two men were stressed out with living in Manhattan, it's obvious they wanted their place in country to be relaxing, soothing and a calm oasis.

Given nature of both men's work am also guessing this house is also part of their "brand".

For perspective here is Jordan Carlyle's West Village apartment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 2, 2022 11:26 PM

I, too, wonder about the source of this couple's apparently fabulous wealth. Mario ostensibly runs a consignment store for designer purses... in Zurich. Jordan Carlyle attended an interior decorating program for 4 years at a diploma mill in Burbank and now designs homes for "Middle Eastern Royalty," among other projects...

I smell something FISHY

by Anonymousreply 43December 2, 2022 11:27 PM

R36, are you being serious?

by Anonymousreply 44December 2, 2022 11:29 PM

It's kind of beautiful and serene. It's also, yes, drained of any personality.

by Anonymousreply 45December 2, 2022 11:31 PM

Jordan Carlyle has many irons in the fire so to speak. Like many interior designers he does a little bit of this, little bit of that...

For rest of it he's an attractive young gay man; that works well for certain clientele when it comes to decorators.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46December 2, 2022 11:31 PM

I don't suppose they use that kitchen to cook? That floor must be hell if you drop anything glass.

by Anonymousreply 47December 2, 2022 11:32 PM

R44 *Self loathing has entered the chat…*

by Anonymousreply 48December 2, 2022 11:32 PM

That table is morbid.

by Anonymousreply 49December 2, 2022 11:32 PM

Those two haven’t seen a carb in many years.

by Anonymousreply 50December 2, 2022 11:32 PM

Too many nubby textiles. Reminds me of the '70s, somehow.

by Anonymousreply 51December 2, 2022 11:33 PM

Velvet Ragers, right?

by Anonymousreply 52December 2, 2022 11:33 PM

Someone wondered about height. Going by this picture Jordan Carlyle isn't that tall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 2, 2022 11:34 PM

Or this one...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 2, 2022 11:34 PM

R51. It is the fabric of choice at pottery barn right now. In fact the chair in the bedroom resembles one from there. I know theirs would of course be custom made by angels, but still Isn’t that a bit pedestrian in style for these two showy and self important fellows?

by Anonymousreply 55December 2, 2022 11:41 PM

We don't know how much that farmhouse in West Hampton cost, but there such things as mortgages. Couple only would have had to put 10% to 20% down if that and finance balance.

Given Mr. Carlyle is in the business so much of what went into that house likely was at a discount. Work done by various contractors also may have been discounted (interior designers can throw lots of work to various tradesmen...).

Entire AD article linked in OP is an exercise in name dropping. That wasn't done just because or some frau would run out and buy same.

by Anonymousreply 56December 2, 2022 11:41 PM

[quote] I know theirs would of course be custom made by angels

Very fit ones. In lovely shoes.

by Anonymousreply 57December 3, 2022 12:56 AM

R55, it's probably like Miranda Priestly's cerulean... their nubbies were selected straight from the free range organic curated sheep farm, and a few years later, it surfaced at Pottery Barn. The pain is, they haven't reupholstered in the sperm whale leather du jour before their nubbies landed at Pottery Barn.

Hold me, Jordan! Not, not like that, my hair!

by Anonymousreply 58December 3, 2022 12:58 AM

This furniture style is so ugly. I hate it.

Moreover, this beige-taupe wall color is death. It is anti-warmth. It is literally the color of stained linens.

by Anonymousreply 59December 3, 2022 1:10 AM

What a comfort. Everybody hates it and I think it’s spectacularly adorable. That means it can be MINE!

by Anonymousreply 60December 3, 2022 1:22 AM

R55, I think Pottery Barn just tracks existing trends and makes cheaper versions for the masses. I.e., I don’t think PB is setting trends.

by Anonymousreply 61December 3, 2022 1:25 AM

Living in that house would make me suicidal. Your will to live would be sucked dry in an endless sea of beige.

by Anonymousreply 62December 3, 2022 1:36 AM

I know I'm in the minority, but I like beige. I find it soothing.

by Anonymousreply 63December 3, 2022 1:39 AM

Um….yes….I know that r61. The point, as other posters have commented since, is that they would be mortified to have furniture that looks like what is currently mass marketed.

by Anonymousreply 64December 3, 2022 1:43 AM

There’s no depth or dimension. Even with the nubby pottery barn fabrics. Other soft colours somewhere would break the tension at least. I have an insatiable urge to mail them a few throw pillows in a soft sage at the very least.

A client of mine had an office like that and it made me crazy in the same way this place does.

by Anonymousreply 65December 3, 2022 1:47 AM

[quote]We don't know how much that farmhouse in West Hampton cost...

EAST Hampton, darling!

by Anonymousreply 66December 3, 2022 1:48 AM

Not much in the way of art either. That one picture of the bed and wall behind the bed at one side looks absolutely depressing.

And I say this as someone who always stuck to the beige tones for walls when everyone else was doing grey as a neutral.

by Anonymousreply 67December 3, 2022 1:52 AM

R64, sorry, I didn’t mean to be insulting or dense. It just seems like there will eventually be a knock-off for every product.

by Anonymousreply 68December 3, 2022 2:05 AM

What language is that in linked R5 piece?

by Anonymousreply 69December 3, 2022 3:23 AM

Possibly Turkish, R69.

by Anonymousreply 70December 3, 2022 3:31 AM

Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 71December 3, 2022 3:32 AM

Going by Jordan Carlyle's book can see how he could afford that property in East Hampton.

Miss Girl has clients from California to Saudi Arabia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72December 3, 2022 3:39 AM

Ok girls, since I know you were dying to know did some digging and hit pay dirt.

Here is the property in question before Mr. Carlyle et espouse bought and renovated.

Bought in 2019 for $1,350,000

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73December 3, 2022 3:44 AM

Real estate babble"

"This wonderful, master- builder's own residence on a sunny 1.7 acres at the end of a Cul-de-Sac private road is a unique offering in East Hampton, just minutes to the Village, up the hill from the seaside marinas of Three Mile Harbor marinas; 28 Copeces Lane. This stunning home and acreage offers 6 generous bedrooms, Large Master Suite with fireplace, Eat In kitchen and den, plus formal Living Room with wood burning fireplace, Formal Dining room, 2-bay garage, central air, extra rooms, full-height attic and basement. Built to the highest standards of traditional construction in homage and as a replica of the East Hampton Village Town Hall (on Main St.) complete with fine, architectural details including incredible, wide-plank wood floors throughout, large, bluestone steps, crown molding and hardware. All contemporary, yet a step back in time for those who appreciate quality of construction, attention to detail and old-fashioned country ambiance in a seaside town. Must see."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74December 3, 2022 3:46 AM

Good find, R74! I liked it better before. I do like the white paint (now) on the exterior and the renovated kitchen, plus the pool, though.

Look at the old primary bathroom ceiling and floors, so much nicer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75December 3, 2022 3:50 AM

The house looks and feels like everything is made of oatmeal.

However I do like a great deal of the GV apartment.

by Anonymousreply 76December 3, 2022 3:50 AM

Here's the old bathroom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77December 3, 2022 3:51 AM

As with nearly every other interior decorator Jordan Carlyle's home functions as an office/warehouse/etc...

That or he had furnishing shipped from Europe to be installed in new home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78December 3, 2022 3:54 AM

R75

I got all sorts of skills!

by Anonymousreply 79December 3, 2022 3:55 AM

Stand corrected, house sold for $1,100,000. That is not a lot of money. Easily doable with financing or a few good commissions.

by Anonymousreply 80December 3, 2022 4:02 AM

Look, I wouldn't be unhappy to call that place home. The exterior is gorgeous. I'd soon have the interior looking more colourful (I don't mean to brag, but I have a lot of thotchkes). Those giant pots of dried grass would be out the door immediately. Reminds me of my mother's decorating circa 1992.

by Anonymousreply 81December 3, 2022 4:13 AM

Dreadful gay house. Every inch of everything reworked and fussed over (a custom designed stove by La Cornue! because the myriad models they already make to custom specs just were not good enough.)

And all that fussing and rebuilding down from a molecular level...all for what? To look like a low-end Axel Vervoordt design from 1998 as interpreted by a Restoration Hardware mall store in shades of dingy Benjamin Moore 'Creamy White.'. It looks dirty: every surface like a shitty goose egg. Shitty goose egg creamy whites, off whites, and shirts that used to be white whites, with "pops" of shadowy greys. And with an overlay of mid century modern designer names. How fucking novel.

I don't mind that they are boring. It's their taste, their house, their money, and only themselves to please. The offensive thing is that once again a gay couple talks as if they invented neutral colors and rediscovered MCM and La Cornue, too. All they did was spend buckets of money to look like every other gay couple's renovation.

by Anonymousreply 82December 3, 2022 4:46 AM

oh Christ OP that is such a generalization - the beige thing. I'm 13th generation East Hampton so kiss my gay ass.

by Anonymousreply 83December 3, 2022 4:49 AM

R42 - that room on the blog cover is fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 84December 3, 2022 4:55 AM

R82 your post gave me the laugh I need Ed this evening. And you comments, aside from being hilarious, are so spot on! Thank you!!!!

by Anonymousreply 85December 3, 2022 5:40 AM

I wonder if they read here.

by Anonymousreply 86December 3, 2022 5:45 AM

"I wonder if they read here."

One of them is the "male bubble butt looking 4 right now in North" guy.

by Anonymousreply 87December 3, 2022 5:56 AM

They clearly spend most of their days doing sit-ups and perfecting their facial hair. How frenetic could life in NYC have been for them?

by Anonymousreply 88December 3, 2022 6:04 AM

What are the chances a dog ,or anyone considered a child or adolescent would ever be allowed into that sacred beige palace? I wish I could let my Bernese/ Shepherd mix loose in there to rummage around and add a “pop of yellow” to the decor.

by Anonymousreply 89December 3, 2022 6:14 AM

All so contrived, manicured, selected rather than collected.

Freud knows.

by Anonymousreply 90December 3, 2022 6:16 AM

R89

See pictures linked in R5, the couple have a pooch and one assumes it goes out to the country with its masters.

by Anonymousreply 91December 3, 2022 6:17 AM

I doubt it’s theirs . Though it does look like one of the non-shedding breeds. So that would be on brand.

My god - those r5 pictures. Has anyone ever taken themselves more seriously?

by Anonymousreply 92December 3, 2022 6:22 AM

I like it, even if the interior isnt really me. But its certainly an upgrade from the old photos of it. And they are hot, young, wealthy? gays living a great life. Good for them.

by Anonymousreply 93December 3, 2022 6:32 AM

"gays living a great life"

I guarantee you, they're rarely genuinely happy. They have to be 'on' all the time. Those two mo's haven't experienced a single moment of honest happiness.

by Anonymousreply 94December 3, 2022 8:20 AM

R92

*Sigh* The dog belongs to Jordan Carlyle and husband. Get the fuck over it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95December 3, 2022 8:22 AM

Another thing, pooch is a Miniature Schnauzer. Breed doesn't shed huge amounts by nature, but does require frequent grooming to look its best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96December 3, 2022 8:25 AM

Apparently Jordan Carlyle has a soft spot for dogs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97December 3, 2022 8:27 AM

If the pooch goes to work with Jordan Carlyle it's his...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98December 3, 2022 8:28 AM

R94

You really are a bitter old slag aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 99December 3, 2022 8:33 AM

Beard and hair dyed. Face botoxed. Eye shadow. Filter applied.

Remember when men were men.

by Anonymousreply 100December 3, 2022 8:33 AM

Forget all this design critique. Let's get down to brass tacks. I think they're a very good looking couple. Compare Tom Ford and husband for instructive contrast. However in the swimsuit picture, neither one looks particularly well-endowed, so they're not size queens apparently. That's rare, and maybe worthy of applause - or else they order in when they want something big to play with.

by Anonymousreply 101December 3, 2022 8:45 AM

You got all that from a shitty pic R101.

by Anonymousreply 102December 3, 2022 10:33 AM

Fuck this is awful, and dreary, going by the pics in the listing R73 posted they have stripped out all the character and interest out of it and slathered it in life sapping beige/ griege. It looks institutional, although most institutional interiors I've seen arent as boring as this

R82's description is bang on, absolutely nails it. They spent money to make it look like this? Fuck ugly furniture, fuck ugly light fittings, all in ugly drab colours or lack thereof

I'd want to basically do a gut reno, or rather a restoration. Somebody will be doing it anyway in 10-20 years when this look goes out of style (if it hasnt already), might as well get ahead of it and do it now. The exterior of the house is the only bit I'd leave as is, although I do quite like the yellow is was painted in R73's listing

The only beautiful thing I see is the couple themselves as R101 points out. Pity they got such shit taste

by Anonymousreply 103December 3, 2022 11:41 AM

Goodness, why be so fired about what dogs they’ve had. Was it really worth all that internet sleuthing?

by Anonymousreply 104December 4, 2022 7:09 PM

So was the idea to match the interior of the house with the sand on beach?

by Anonymousreply 105December 4, 2022 7:57 PM

“New York gays are very forgiving!”

by Anonymousreply 106December 4, 2022 8:03 PM

I actually don't mind the neutrals but they should hang some colorful artwork and area rugs and throw pillows would add some warmth. The exterior trim work could have been painted a color also.

by Anonymousreply 107December 4, 2022 8:27 PM

Dreadful. The owners, too.

Instahoes with Money.

Do trendy gays featured in AD ever have any fucking shoes and socks?

by Anonymousreply 108December 4, 2022 8:47 PM

I’ve got to get the hell out of East Hampton!

by Anonymousreply 109December 4, 2022 11:41 PM

East Hampton along with Sag Harbor have become de facto gay mecca of "the Hamptons", especially in season.

It's no accident NPH, couple subject of this thread and many other gays have bought properties in East Hampton.

Two Mile Hollow Beach was once the "gay beach" of East Hampton, but at least in season nowadays it's over run with families.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110December 8, 2022 12:00 PM

NYT article about "gay Hamptons" from 2003

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111December 8, 2022 12:15 PM

Sadly Dr. William Mark Warfel (of then East Hampton then East Marion) died in 2018.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112December 8, 2022 12:19 PM

He was a nice looking guy.

by Anonymousreply 113December 8, 2022 12:32 PM

And how...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114December 8, 2022 12:36 PM

White party....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115December 8, 2022 12:38 PM

Here's the thing. The people who own those houses are never there. Many of these owners have never slept a night in their own houses. I bet you Neil Patrick Harris organized a photoshoot of him sitting on the couch with his kids, and they left and flew away by helicopter from East Hampton Airport ninety minutes later. You never see the owners of these houses in town, the grocery store, in the shops - anywhere. Most of these owners are only concerned with people knowing they can own something in East Hampton. They have no connection whatsoever to East Hampton otherwise. Hence why these homes are fashionably soul-less. If the subject guy is flying from Zurich how often do you expect he's in town. It's really very silly. The real people in East Hampton are the year rounders, and the artists and musicians that have been in East Hampton for twenty five years who actually use the place. The long term artists and musicians don't walk around with showy entourages or with a cameraman and they certainly don't pose in bikinis at the beach so everyone can see they live there. Oh brother. And oh yeah, who has a home they love that they really live in and also does a photoshoot of their own cozy home so they can show their whole cozy home to the whole world while wearing a bikini?

by Anonymousreply 116December 9, 2022 6:20 AM

[quote] The real people in East Hampton are the year rounders, and the artists and musicians that have been in East Hampton for twenty five years who actually use the place.

Don’t forget about Jeffrey and Ina!

by Anonymousreply 117December 9, 2022 4:00 PM

Clearly they have no older friends or family who ever visit. My parents wouldn't be able to go from sitting to standing on any of that furniture. The front steps don't look up to code (risers are too small) and there's no handrail.

Also, I like clean, uncluttered kitchen countertops. Why would they ruin the look with a huge pot of grass that takes up a quarter of the counter space?

by Anonymousreply 118December 9, 2022 4:18 PM

I know a rent boy who topped Jordan a couple years ago while the husband was traveling overseas. Insatiable bottom apparently, and the apartment (the one in the Village) is beautiful in person (so I was told).

by Anonymousreply 119August 7, 2023 10:00 PM

Marrying old with new is a winning combination.

by Anonymousreply 120August 7, 2023 10:10 PM

I have a sudden desire to sneak into the house and place a pop of color in every room!

by Anonymousreply 121August 7, 2023 10:19 PM

i love Christophe Gaignon

by Anonymousreply 122August 7, 2023 10:28 PM

This house is as soulless and anemic as its owners. I’ve seen better staging at my local Pottery Barn.

by Anonymousreply 123August 7, 2023 11:20 PM

R119 Jordan paid for this house with the assistance of wealthy older “benefactors,” so it’s ironic that he’s now using them himself.

by Anonymousreply 124August 7, 2023 11:23 PM

And by them I mean tricks.

by Anonymousreply 125August 7, 2023 11:24 PM

I very much doubt he needs to pay just yet

by Anonymousreply 126August 7, 2023 11:34 PM

It seems oddly claustrophobic and joyless. It's like Restoration Hardware on steroids.

by Anonymousreply 127August 8, 2023 2:11 AM

It's very tasteful but sterile.

Mario and Carlyle are very hot.

by Anonymousreply 128August 8, 2023 2:13 AM

East Hampton gays ARE beige.

There, fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 129August 8, 2023 10:14 PM

R129 most are linen

by Anonymousreply 130August 8, 2023 10:30 PM

I’m getting tired of these cunts who are friends of friends of writers, PR and publishers getting their little cocksucking lives thrust upon everyone from their perches. We should start canceling people for being pretentious cunts.

“shuttling between Zurich and New York every month or so“

by Anonymousreply 131August 8, 2023 10:32 PM

No Paywall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132August 8, 2023 10:34 PM

No paywall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133August 8, 2023 10:35 PM

No paywall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134August 8, 2023 10:35 PM

[quote] “shuttling between Zurich and New York every month or so“

Why is that bragging? I don't think it's all that impressive to be a flight attendant.

by Anonymousreply 135August 8, 2023 10:37 PM

R135 it’s just the word “shuttling”. It’s as though he was saying this in a silk robe from a chaise lounge with a martini in his hand, accompanied by a wrist flit and an exasperated eye roll as expressed how exhausting is a dual lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 136August 8, 2023 10:42 PM

R132 thanks for that, I can see the rest of the pics now.

Fuck its awful (apart from the exterior)

by Anonymousreply 137August 9, 2023 2:53 PM

The color makes it look constantly dusty and like you’d get hayfever from being in there.

by Anonymousreply 138August 9, 2023 3:00 PM

R136 - I get it. It was a joke about a pretentious flight steward queen putting on airs. "I'm a world traveler! (but I have to serve you peanuts and soda to do it.)"

by Anonymousreply 139August 11, 2023 9:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!