Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jennifer Lopez - what is wrong with her?

I've been wondering this for years but forgot about J-Lo until she recently came back into the limelight with all the Ben Affleck stuff. What is her family background? Her actions over the past 20 years point to someone who has experienced severe dysfunction and possibly abuse, yet as far as I know, she maintains that she had a stable family home with parents who didn't divorce until she was well into adulthood. I know her dad is a Scientologist but haven't really heard any details on that at all. It seems very hushed up.

I saw an interview with her talking about Ben and how he's inspired a new album and she just seems so fragile and stunted and emotionally immature. Anyone have any insight?

by Anonymousreply 166April 2, 2024 12:24 AM

You couldn’t ask this on one of the million threads on her? You asking the same question over and over needs a new thread?

by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2022 8:08 PM

She and Ben seem happy. Ben also looks to be very involved with his kids and hers making for a healthy blended family.

I'm kind of a sucker for 2 people making their way back to each other and rekindling their romance after years apart, so I hope it works out for them.

by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2022 8:09 PM

r1 I don't ask it 'over and over' and I hadn't seen any recent threads. You do realize you could have just not opened the thread?

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2022 8:24 PM

Too many tacos; not enough kisses.

by Anonymousreply 4December 2, 2022 11:48 PM

r2, I thought she seemed to merge her and Ben's families very quickly after she moved on from A-rod. It was literally a few months. That can't be good for the kids, especially hers.

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2022 3:08 PM

She's been too famous too long. She's beautiful and the pressure to live up to that image is all that matters. I do think she loves Ben and I hope it works out. It'll kill her if it doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2022 3:28 PM

One can only type so long.

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2022 3:55 PM

Ben has a big dick.

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2022 4:05 PM

R8 is Matt Damon.

by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2022 4:19 PM

Anyone got any stories about Ben's dick? Was that really his own dick in Gone Girl?

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2022 7:09 PM

Ben is gross with his flat ass and POW stick figure legs. Perfect match for that bottom heavy, stump legged bitch JLo.

They deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 11December 4, 2022 11:32 PM

Isn't she a raging cunt?

by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2022 11:40 PM

r12 I don't know. I've heard stories she's a cunt and I've heard stories she's a sweetheart. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground with her.

by Anonymousreply 13December 4, 2022 11:42 PM

[quote] I'm kind of a sucker for 2 people making their way back to each other and rekindling their romance after years apart, so I hope it works out for them.

I'm the opposite. There's a reason why things don't work out, in the first place. Their lives were way less complicated back then and they split up.

by Anonymousreply 14December 4, 2022 11:43 PM

J. Lo's been using her personal life for years to prop up her waning career... just the latest episode of "Living La Vida J. Lo"...

by Anonymousreply 15December 4, 2022 11:47 PM

Why do you think that her past was especially dysfunctional op? She has had failed marriages but that's everyone in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2022 11:55 PM

r16 there's just something about the way she truly can't seem to be alone, has very poor self esteem and all around terrible judgement. She doesn't seem like a stupid woman. She's very savvy with business and work, but relationships seem to be a clusterfuck.

by Anonymousreply 17December 5, 2022 12:07 AM

R17 Unlike Madonna where she is just one giant clusterfuck.

by Anonymousreply 18December 5, 2022 12:09 AM

[quote] [R16] there's just something about the way she truly can't seem to be alone, has very poor self esteem and all around terrible judgement.

Not R16, but there a lots of women like that: can't be alone for very long, bad choices, etc. With JLo, she's picking all rich guys and she's only procreated with one of them, so she doesn't get that much criticism. On top of that, she always looks good (young for her age, in shape).

She did seem desperate when she was with ARod. He didn't even like her that much, it seemed. It also seems desperate to immediately try to have a "blended family" with every man you date.

by Anonymousreply 19December 5, 2022 12:17 AM

She’s just dumb.

by Anonymousreply 20December 5, 2022 12:26 AM

She isn't dumb though R20. That's the point. You don't get from the South Bronx to being worth 400 million dollars by being dumb.

by Anonymousreply 21December 5, 2022 12:29 AM

[Quote] Ben also looks to be very involved with his kids and hers making for a healthy blended family. I'm kind of a sucker for 2 people making their way back to each other and rekindling their romance after years apart, so I hope it works out for them.

That's how it's supposed to look. Ben is a deadbeat dad with severe substance abuse issues. They didn't "make their way back to each other". They wanted to improve their image but also get attention. Two birds with one stone.

[Quote] She isn't dumb though [R20]. That's the point. You don't get from the South Bronx to being worth 400 million dollars by being dumb.

She sucked the right dick and has a good team.

by Anonymousreply 22December 5, 2022 7:50 AM

R22 Sucking the right dicks and picking the right team is still strategy. If it were that easy to get out of the South Bronx and become a superstar as a woman and a minority, more people would have done it.

by Anonymousreply 23December 5, 2022 8:15 AM

R23 I agree. I'm not a huge Lopez fan but she is a fairly extraordinary example of working your way up from little. Unusual in today's age where so many are either nepotism children or actors and musicians from very wealthy backgrounds.

by Anonymousreply 24December 5, 2022 8:27 AM

R24 Yes. Not a huge fan either but I really admire her work ethic. It's also impressive she's never had any substance abuse scandals in all her time in Hollywood (not saying she has never done drugs but if she has, it's never become a problem). She must be tremendously focused and disciplined and I definitely admire that.

by Anonymousreply 25December 5, 2022 8:32 AM

I hope for the kids that Lopez and Affleck can stay together, they seem to have nice kids. Say what you will about Garner but I do think she is a good mother.

by Anonymousreply 26December 5, 2022 8:48 AM

I am 50 and my hat's off to J-Lo that she looks so good. Jennifer Aniston is starting to look too botoxed but Lopez looks great and has a beautiful figure and skin. I think she can be a bitch on wheels and can't be alone for a minute. But I will give her credit she is an attractive woman, maybe even more so now than when she was younger (Fly Girl).

by Anonymousreply 27December 5, 2022 8:50 AM

What's wrong wit' [italic]you[/italic] bitch OP?

by Anonymousreply 28December 5, 2022 8:54 AM

I love Jlo. Forever owning white bitches who said she was too curvy to ever make it.

by Anonymousreply 29December 5, 2022 8:56 AM

Is Puerto Rican considered caucasian? I know J-Lo is PR and I saw somebody posting about Aubrey Plaza who is half PR and they called her a white girl.

by Anonymousreply 30December 5, 2022 9:05 AM

She's not beautiful, but she has a certain look some lower re.my people seem to like. I think she always looks constipated and desperate.

by Anonymousreply 31December 5, 2022 9:28 AM

When Madonna was J.Lo's current age, 53, she still had it. And look where we are now. I wonder if J. Lo is immune to a total narcissistic collapse like Madonna. Or is she going to go crazy with the plastic surgery, the dramatic filters and photoshopping, like inventing a life that has no bearing on what is actually going on.

by Anonymousreply 32December 5, 2022 9:51 AM

R30 Puerto Rican isn't a race. Puerto Ricans can be black, white or anything in between, with maybe a tiny bit of Taino in there too. The majority of them are mixed. J-Lo looks to be mostly white (Spaniard) with some black mixed in. Her skin tone is extremely pale but her nose is definitely not European.

by Anonymousreply 33December 5, 2022 9:51 AM

Jlo is a pr whore. She uses all those men for publicity. It is all fake relationships. For all we know she could be bisexual or a closeted lesbian. All of her so called relationship have always been a tabloid style of marriage or dating.

by Anonymousreply 34December 5, 2022 10:03 AM

[quote] I love Jlo. Forever owning white bitches who said she was too curvy to ever make it.

Which “white bitches” said she was too curvy to make it? Her body is part of why she became so famous. And you think white women are never curvy?

by Anonymousreply 35December 5, 2022 10:43 AM

R34 apparently she *is* bisexual. She must be very good at keeping it on the down low because not a whole lot has come out about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 5, 2022 10:50 AM

I think what helps her is her blind self-belief and ability to ignore most criticism of her talents.

Also helping is her work ethic. She spoke about that 20 years ago, "I get called a diva because I work so hard and know what I want". She's slowed down a bit but she used to churn out movies and music constantly, during her peak.

I will slightly disagree with how savvy she is, I think she's chosen good managers in the past but if she wanted to be a bigger/respected movie star she'd be more selective in what she signs up for, or produce some great little movies that are designed for her range. She is actually a decent actress when directed well.

She's also a romantic, hence the constant relationships and rebounding to marry Marc Anthony after breaking with Ben.

by Anonymousreply 37December 5, 2022 11:23 AM

R30 Puerto Ricans are only white for any officially purpose or have blue eyes and blonde hair or a Jew from Puerto Rico. It's hard for flyovers to understand these concepts. They consider themselves mixed race and/or black. But they don't rly think in terms of race; they are their culture first.

by Anonymousreply 38December 5, 2022 12:16 PM

R32 I think Madonna has always been crazier and more "out there" than J-Lo. I couldn't see J-Lo releasing a book of nude pics of her or in sexual situations like Madonna did.

by Anonymousreply 39December 5, 2022 7:45 PM

[Quote] I will slightly disagree with how savvy she is, I think she's chosen good managers in the past

Too bad none of them warned her about doing that Movieline interview. Why did she think it would be a good idea to trash those other women? Especially when Jennifer isn't a great actress either lol

by Anonymousreply 40December 5, 2022 11:19 PM

I can see her being into women, she seems to have better chemistry in interviews with women than with men. She flirts quite heavily with Ellen, Leah Remini, and also I think her aunt was a lesbian so maybe there's a genetic element.

by Anonymousreply 41December 5, 2022 11:31 PM

That Vogue 7000 Questions thing with her ... she's comes across as cold, unfriendly and stupid. And those are the GOOD qualities.

by Anonymousreply 42December 5, 2022 11:58 PM

R41 yes, she DOES flirt heavily with Ellen! I thought I was the only one who noticed that. Ellen always looked ready to jump her bones too.

by Anonymousreply 43December 6, 2022 12:07 AM

@r42 what makes you say that? I just watched a bit of it and it comes across very rehearsed and fake, but I wouldn't say she comes across as particularly cold, unfriendly or stupid. She does seem to be trying too hard to give off the "I'm so relaxed and happy" vibe and it seems very inauthentic. It's just so obviously not who she is.

by Anonymousreply 44December 6, 2022 12:11 AM

Well someone started a thread for her on LChat. I think it has 5 comments lol

by Anonymousreply 45December 6, 2022 12:12 AM

R40 I kind of love her for that Movieline interview. It was bitchy and rude but all of her comments were spot on. She might not be the most talented actress herself but she's very sharp and perceptive, and I'm sure that has gone a long way towards managing to sustain a successful career for so many years.

by Anonymousreply 46December 6, 2022 9:47 AM

Her work ethic is unmatched - the devil's working hard, but J. Lo's working harder! I agree with R37, I don't understand why she doesn't produce herself some better acting vehicles. Just a few low-budget indie dramas with good scripts that can't get funding. A grittier streaming show for Netflix that actually tests her range a little bit (unlike Shades of Blue or similar garbage).

Still, there are very few movie stars who have had legitimate pop/R&B careers, most would be laughed off the stage but she's been near the top of that industry for decades. Not many from her era who are still around and relevant (even in the acting world). Yes it's largely through shameless self-promotion and shilling her personal life, but she does it very well and has solidified her brand impressively. I am a gay male but I would have done her in her prime, she was so sexy and womanly in U-Turn I wasn't even looking at the mens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47December 6, 2022 12:33 PM

Most of the "mens" in U turn were homely as fuck, I can see why you weren't looking

by Anonymousreply 48December 6, 2022 4:36 PM

Why are you assuming something is wrong with her? She and Ben seem to be happy right now. She is incredibly beautiful in person, she smells fantastic ---and from what I hear, very driven. She didn't get to where she is by sitting back and not making things happen for herself. I admire that. Not to mention, the woman is aging SO WELL.

A woman who goes after what she wants with all of the powers and attributes she can muster is a bitch? why again? Men have been doing it forever.

by Anonymousreply 49December 6, 2022 4:42 PM

Smells fantastic? Lol what a great character trait! I say this as someone who has not called her a bitch. Btw, have you met her? R49

by Anonymousreply 50December 6, 2022 4:45 PM

R50 I was next to her / in the same airspace at the Ivy. No I haven't personally met her.

by Anonymousreply 51December 6, 2022 4:46 PM

She's a relentless narcissist that can never be alone.

by Anonymousreply 52December 6, 2022 4:47 PM

Puerto Rican is a nationality, not a race. E.g., "American" is a nationality, not a race.

by Anonymousreply 53December 6, 2022 4:49 PM

She's the new Elizabeth Taylor. She can't pick'em. Collects rings like Thanos and will end up alone.

by Anonymousreply 54December 6, 2022 4:59 PM

R51 that's good she smells great because her perfume smells like toilet cleaner!

R47 She hasn't really been at the top of the music pile since her peak of 1999-2003, when she was at her peak of celebrity. She had a big hit with On The Floor but that was a one-off

R40 I think she did that interview before she became well known, or had a huge team behind her

by Anonymousreply 55December 6, 2022 5:41 PM

JLo toned down her media whoring and went more conservative when she married Marc Anthony on the rebound, which correlates with a dip in her career where her music wasn't popular and her movies flopped.

Cut to the 2010s and she's divorcing, out came the tits and arse again, sexy videos, American Idol etc. She made loads of money but was never huge like she was in the early 2000s.

by Anonymousreply 56December 6, 2022 6:43 PM

Retardation a celebration.

by Anonymousreply 57December 6, 2022 6:52 PM

During her time with Marc she really tried to (it seemed to me anyway) give her music more depth and improve her singing. He really helped her as much as he could. They sang together onstage at an award show (I think?). I remember when he subtly touched her arm when she began to sing off key. It was kind of touching. His voice is amazing. Hers not so much.

by Anonymousreply 58December 6, 2022 6:54 PM

[Quote] I don't understand why she doesn't produce herself some better acting vehicles.

Isn't that what she did with Shades Of Blue? I think she also produced The Fosters which starred a lesbian couple.

by Anonymousreply 59December 7, 2022 1:21 AM

Her dad was a bit weird and involved in Scientology, so that may be at the root of (some of) her issues with men.

by Anonymousreply 60December 7, 2022 5:54 AM

weird in what way, r60?

by Anonymousreply 61December 7, 2022 6:00 AM

She's a mom but, oddly, you never hear or see anything about her and her kids. I bet she doesn't see that much of them now. I remember it was such a big deal when she was almost due, and she and Marc Anthony spent all kinds of money for private this and private that, and she had lots of designer stuff made in different colors for the big day. What a narcissistic phony!

by Anonymousreply 62December 7, 2022 6:27 AM

Her career isn't really considered legit r47, especially the singing. Movie star is stretching it.

by Anonymousreply 63December 7, 2022 6:45 AM

R63 You're letting your judgement cloud the facts. She has #1 Billboard hits, Grammy nominations, Vegas residencies... Her music career is about as legit as it gets. She may not be respected as a great artiste (and rightfully so, she's not), but I was referring to how impressively successful the crossover is. This isn't like when Russell Crowe, Zooey Deschanel, Kiefer Sutherland, Jada Pinkett, Kevin Bacon, Scarlett Johansson, etc. release albums and nobody gives a shit. She has a legitimate pop/R&B career whether you like it or not, and has kept it up for 20 years when - as I said, most actors would have been laughed off the stage for coming out with a dance pop song.

'Movie star is stretching it' she has played the leading role in about 20-30 theatrically released movies, many of which have debut at #1 at the box office. She is no Katharine Hepburn, and I wouldn't cast her in any serious role myself. But she is a movie star.

by Anonymousreply 64December 7, 2022 9:20 AM

Lopez isn't a bad actress at all in the right role. She used to get great reviews in the 90s and was very much seen as a serious, real actress in films like Selena, U Turn, Out of Sight, etc. She was nominated for a Golden Globe just two or three years into her film career. I think she definitely could have won a Golden Globe or even an Oscar if she'd stayed on that trajectory and not pursued music and a million other careers.

She also started picking films badly once she started the music career. She really isn't good in romantic comedies at all because she comes across as forced and inauthentic. She is good in gritty roles. I thought her role in Hustlers was perfect for her and I don't think anyone could have played it any better. Constance Wu wasn't really believable as a stripper who'd had a hard life in NYC (too soft, too valley girl seeming), but Lopez was. She has the attitude, the accent, all of it. I hoped she'd go back to those kinds of roles but it seems like she's doing more romantic comedies again.

by Anonymousreply 65December 7, 2022 10:37 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 7, 2022 11:01 AM

R62 She does talk quite a bit about her kids and was just seen the other day shopping for a Christmas tree with them and Ben's kids. Celebs can't really win...parade your kids in front of the media and you're using them for publicity. Try to hide and protect them and get accused of being a neglectful parent.

by Anonymousreply 67December 7, 2022 5:20 PM

I don't get why she's so hated. Is she THAT bad of a person? I heard she can be rude and short with people but Hollywood is full of sexual predators and people who do truly vile, fucked up things. It feels a little disproportionate.

by Anonymousreply 68December 8, 2022 12:18 AM

R68 because she’s a cunt. It doesn't take much for women to get hated on.

by Anonymousreply 69December 8, 2022 12:25 AM

R47 Lmao, she's a talentless studio plant with no charisma or real talent aside from fucking anyone and everything to get her where she is. Bunch of shitty music and movies. Empire of shit. Social media bullies her because they see right through her fake ass.

by Anonymousreply 70December 8, 2022 12:32 AM

I think she has charisma. But everything she does has a second rate, desperate quality. Her first five films and first two albums are the only things that seem first rate (for what they were). Everything since is mediocre.

by Anonymousreply 71December 8, 2022 3:34 AM

South Park created the episode about her because she was known in the industry to be a bitch. In one of the older threads on here about her, didn't someone say her mother kicked her out of home when she was in her late teens and she had to move in with a guy who ran a dance studio she was taking classes at?

by Anonymousreply 72December 8, 2022 5:16 AM

R72 yes but I'm not sure what that has to do with her being a bitch. Her mother was apparently very abusive and used to beat her kids. She kicked Jennifer out when she was 18 because she dropped out of college, not because of her behavior. Jennifer then moved in with a dance instructor where she trained, who was a guy well into his thirties. I think it's quite a sad story.

by Anonymousreply 73December 8, 2022 7:55 AM

If Ben OD'd tomorrow, would she bring her next boyfriend to the funeral or wait a week out of respect?

by Anonymousreply 74December 8, 2022 8:07 AM

R74 there was a whole thread about that and it was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 75December 8, 2022 8:08 AM

R75 link?

Girl has so much going for her but she's INCAPABLE of being alone

by Anonymousreply 76December 8, 2022 8:09 AM

Here R76

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77December 8, 2022 8:12 AM

I admire her chutzpah I must admit. It takes courage and a real determination to follow your dream to be a singer when you can’t really sing and a dancer when your body does not have a good line for dance.

When she was on In Living Color, Jennifer said the other dancers used to bully her and mock her for her weight. Not that it makes it okay, but she was chunky (not just curvy) back then. And also, the dancers resented her because the Wayans ran this contest to find a new dancer and put Jennifer right in the center as the lead dancer. The ones who had been there since the beginning of the show were pissed off.

by Anonymousreply 78December 8, 2022 11:24 AM

r78 allegedly she was fucking Keenan Ivory Wayans and getting preferential treatment due to that, and that's why the other dancers hated her. Meh...she did what she had to do. Where are the other Fly Girls now?

by Anonymousreply 79December 8, 2022 12:09 PM

[Quote] When she was on In Living Color, Jennifer said the other dancers used to bully her and mock her for her weight. Not that it makes it okay, but she was chunky (not just curvy) back then. And also, the dancers resented her because the Wayans ran this contest to find a new dancer and put Jennifer right in the center as the lead dancer. The ones who had been there since the beginning of the show were pissed off.

I think Rosie Perez would disagree....

by Anonymousreply 80December 8, 2022 12:29 PM

r69 - that's the point. It's insane to me that men in Hollywood get away with all kinds of horrific sexual crimes and a Hispanic woman is hated for...what, exactly? I've seen the "cunty" behavior and I honestly don't think it would even be remarked on if she were a man. She'd be called assertive and applauded for being firm.

I saw this clip of her linked from Tiktok of her supposedly "yelling" at her assistant. All that happened was she firmly told her to please not book in stuff at the last minute because it creates stress and time pressure when schedules are tight. She barely even raised the pitch of her voice, let alone the volume. What's remotely unreasonable about telling someone you are paying to work for you not to overload you, or at least to let you know about last minute changes? Why should she politely tolerate people doing their jobs badly?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81December 8, 2022 12:34 PM

I think all would be forgiven as far as attitude if she had a great talent for something. A phenomenal voice or great dance technique, beautiful looks, amazing acting, etc. Even Madonna doesn't have this but her videos were so creative and she was pretty enough and put out enough great pop songs that people looked the other way.

JLo isn't great enough at anything to get away with not being sweetness and light. Her lack of talent is noted on pretty much every internet discussion of her outside of DL as well.

by Anonymousreply 82December 8, 2022 5:19 PM

R82 I'd say J-Lo is very beautiful. I've seen her in person and she is stunning. Certainly far better looking than Madonna, and she dresses very well. I'd say her talent is her business acumen...she's essentially the CEO of her brand. She has clothes lines, perfumes, a skincare line, all kinds of things. How many male CEOs are expected to be sweetness and light?

Now, maybe she is actually a truly horrible, nasty, meanspirited person. I just haven't seen any evidence of it, and when people post about her, it's very often about behavior that's more assertive and demanding and annoying than cruel. Of course, if anyone wanted to post any stories saying otherwise, that would be great, because we all love gossip.

by Anonymousreply 83December 8, 2022 6:42 PM

She totally deserved a nom for Hustlers, it was mean to leave her out, she actually worked on her acting for the part. Laura Dern actually won in that category for a totally clichéd cameo in largely-forgettable "Marriage Story"

by Anonymousreply 84December 8, 2022 6:49 PM

I read years and years and years ago on DL that her dad was a closet case who liked younger Latino men. It rang true for some reason because of how specific the story was. Just remembered about it. Probably whoever posted it isn't around anymore. I wonder if that was the reason her parents split.

by Anonymousreply 85December 8, 2022 6:57 PM

[Quote] She has clothes lines, perfumes, a skincare line, all kinds of things. How many male CEOs are expected to be sweetness and light?

Ah yes, her skincare line with olive oil being the main ingredient to maintaining her youth 🤣

Her perfumes weren't bad though. And i remember she used to rep Palmer's cocoa butter as well.

by Anonymousreply 86December 8, 2022 11:44 PM

The one performance of hers I truly enjoyed was when she guested on Will and Grace. The script was funny for that episode and she did really well.

by Anonymousreply 87December 9, 2022 12:17 AM

[quote]She's a mom but, oddly, you never hear or see anything about her and her kids.

Because I have a few of her songs on my playlist, Youtube often inserts JLo videos into my feed, and many of them have her kids in them.

by Anonymousreply 88December 9, 2022 4:41 AM

^Oops, I didn't mean her music videos. These videos are of the kids being interviewed while she comments next to them, videos of her daughter talking about her rigorous school schedule and endless homework, her daughter singing during JLo's rehearsals, and one of her with her daughter before the Superbowl Halftime Show.

by Anonymousreply 89December 9, 2022 4:45 AM

She's apparently super high-maintenance. There are copies of her riders online which are fucking hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 90December 9, 2022 5:54 AM

r89 I have to say her kids seem very well mannered and smart, and she seems to have a good relationship with them.

by Anonymousreply 91December 9, 2022 7:28 AM

R90 I think she has toned that down in more recent years. She went through a phase of seeming very likeable and down to earth before she got with Alex Rodriguez.

by Anonymousreply 92December 9, 2022 5:54 PM

How do she and other older celebs get their tits to stay up? I notice this a lot, even in women who've had kids. Is it a "boob lift" or are they hoisted up with tape?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93December 9, 2022 6:10 PM

Boob lift. People mistakenly think implants but it's a lift.

by Anonymousreply 94December 9, 2022 6:13 PM

J Lo is doing fine and sends her love

by Anonymousreply 95December 9, 2022 7:44 PM

She gave the best Super Bowl halftime show

by Anonymousreply 96December 9, 2022 7:45 PM

Untalented attention white and verbally abusive cunt to anyone she feels is beneath her- anyone not rich and famous. South Park nailed her nasty fat ass.

by Anonymousreply 97December 9, 2022 8:15 PM

Whore. Not white.

by Anonymousreply 98December 9, 2022 8:16 PM

R98 Die in a grease fire bitch.

by Anonymousreply 99December 9, 2022 8:18 PM

r97 what kind of things does she say? I keep reading this but nobody ever has specifics.

by Anonymousreply 100December 10, 2022 1:24 AM

I'll give her one thing. She may be incapable of being without a man for 72 hours, but at least she isn't piling up baby daddies.

by Anonymousreply 101December 10, 2022 1:45 AM

Right. And she really did seem to try to make it work with her children's father. They were married for seven years - far longer than any other relationship of his has lasted. Allegedly he was very abusive to her.

by Anonymousreply 102December 10, 2022 2:07 AM

What she did before the South Park episode, was behave like a diva, pushing Trey Parker because she was angry he went to the Oscars dressed like her, but after if people working around her whispered lines from the show, she'd try to get them fired. That just made the SP guys hate her even more.

by Anonymousreply 103December 10, 2022 5:17 AM

Really r102? Tell us more please.

by Anonymousreply 104December 10, 2022 5:39 AM

r104 there was a series of blind items by Ted Casablanca that were very widely thought to be about J-Lo and Marc. The husband in the couple was mentally and physically abusing his wife.

Jennifer has also hinted at the abuse several times. I remember once on American Idol, a contestant sang a song about domestic abuse and she said she understood because she had been there. People were quite harsh on her when she got divorced for the third time but you never really know what's going on in someone's life.

by Anonymousreply 105December 10, 2022 10:07 AM

JLo has so many defenders on DL, I thought they hated her for having no talent, shading other women in the industry and being extremely bitchy to the help. Also marrying a raging douchebag closest bisexual drunk who sexually harrased women like Ben. The only thing I can agree on is she's no more a raging narcissistic asshole as anyone else in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 106December 10, 2022 10:33 AM

A thing to note is Jennifer wouldn't have been a star in Latin America. As she's too dark, too short and is bottom heavy. You can see some Indigenous ancestry on her. Latino female beauty standards are extremely whitewashed and Eurocentric due to colonialism and classism. Telenovelas and fashion magazines will even opt to hire Latinas of mostly German, Irish, Polish, Czech and French ancestry over majority who have Iberian ancestry. Blonde hair and blue eyes and tall are big. Sofia Vergara and Shakira are closer to the ideal than JLo.

I can see why JLo has inferiority complex. Latinas, black women, Middle Eastern women, Indian women and Asian women all deal with a heavily Eurocentric beauty standard that was pushed heavily. JLo is older and older Puerto Ricans were big on assimilation in America hence why she doesn't even speak Spanish well. I heard Janice Dickinson and Gia Carangi helped open doors for dark hair, full lips and curvy bodies to be embraced. Tyra Banks and JLo did their part. Now Beyonce and Kim Kardashian embraced it.

by Anonymousreply 107December 10, 2022 10:50 AM

r106 that's the point...she's not really any worse than anyone else, yet she gets so much more criticism. I doubt her so called abusive behavior would even be noted if she were a willowy blonde.

Is Ben known as a raging douchebag? I thought he was well liked.

by Anonymousreply 108December 10, 2022 10:55 AM

R108 have you been living under a rock?

by Anonymousreply 109December 10, 2022 10:57 AM

R108 Ben groped a female anchor on TV and his brother is a sex pest with an Alvin and The Chipmunks voice. His friend Matt Damon is a narcissistic moron who says stupid things despite going to Harvard. That reflects badly on him. But drunks aren't good people in general.

by Anonymousreply 110December 10, 2022 10:58 AM

R107 Jennifer is lighter skinned than most white people (look up make-up free pics) but otherwise, yes, I agree. She is too short and too "ethnic" looking to be a star in Latin America. Her Spanish is OK. Her grammar is bad but she has a decent accent in it and it's good enough to do interviews on Univision and Telemundo when she has something to promote. I'm guessing her grandparents maybe didn't speak English (as you're right about her mom making them speak English at home). That must have helped her career a lot. I know a lot of NY Puerto Ricans who don't speak Spanish at all.

by Anonymousreply 111December 10, 2022 11:05 AM

Her Spanish improved when she was with Marc Anthony as he's bilingual. He also grew up in NYC. She recorded some Spanish language music with him. One thing I give her credit is she's been with all types of men. You have Afro Latinos like Marc and ARod, black men like Diddy, Indigenous looking Latinos like Ojani and Casper and plain old white guys like Ben. I don't think she's a snow queen.

by Anonymousreply 112December 10, 2022 11:14 AM

Her original look was pale skin, dark hair and red lips. Then at some stage I assume she started getting fake tans, lightening her hair and mostly wearing soft pink lipstick. The change does make her look younger

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113December 10, 2022 11:24 AM

She has better fashion sense than Madonna or Beyonce who are overrated. JLo and Janet are pretty underrated in style iconography.

by Anonymousreply 114December 10, 2022 11:36 AM

That was also the "fashionable" look for Latinas back then. Think the original Selena and so on. Now the fashionable look for Latinas is the same blonde hair, pale lips, tanned skin as J-Lo has. I find it very generic.

Her original curly hair was gorgeous, btw. Such a shame she lightened and straightened it so much that she appears to have a very thinning hairline now. I thought she was much more beautiful back in the mid nineties.

by Anonymousreply 115December 10, 2022 11:36 AM

Her hair is naturally straight. But I do agree wavy and curly hair looks great on her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116December 10, 2022 11:40 AM

Apparently she cannot live without a man, for someone so self-involved, she seems rather insecure.

It seems Jello didn't tale a vagine break after breaking up with A-Rod, she immediately ran back to Ben, legs akimbo! Is she insecure or simply a sex addict?

Some people cannot be alone. Jello sure isn't with Ben for his money, she has tons of her own. It's probably more about hating to be alone, severe insecurity and needing lots of sex.

by Anonymousreply 117December 10, 2022 12:02 PM

r116 it most definitely isn't. Her mother straightened her hair as a kid, as is common for Puerto Ricans. Jennifer herself has said her natural hair is curly. She has been chemically relaxing it for years.

by Anonymousreply 118December 10, 2022 12:09 PM

I don't think Ben could be a good lay. He's lazy and a drunk. JLo always goes for men below her league honestly and I think she needs to be the bigger person in the couple. Diddy, Marc and ARod were wealthy but I don't feel she wanted to be second fiddle to them as those men had more fame than her. With Ben, she can command attention because he's not that active as an actor and focuses on directing.

by Anonymousreply 119December 10, 2022 12:10 PM

R117 She has admitted that she has low self esteem and hates to be alone. I think it's more that - and the fact her mother brought up her daughters to seek out white men as husbands - than the sex thing. She doesn't come across as a particularly sexual person.

by Anonymousreply 120December 10, 2022 12:25 PM

R118 I do believe you. It's crazy that her mother permed and straightened her hair so early like in that pic I shared. She looked 7 or 8 in that pic. Usually black American mothers wait until their daughters are 11 or 12 to start doing that and many times girls will opt for blowouts, braids or extensions to add length but avoid damage from chemicals. I definitely seen Dominicans perm and straighten hair early too. So I can buy JLo's mom pushing that on her.

Do you think this is JLo's natural hair? She was gorgeous in this video and I liked the song mainly because of the samples.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121December 10, 2022 12:26 PM

Wrong link R118

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122December 10, 2022 12:28 PM

R120 it's funny as her mother looks to have some African ancestry. I imagine she may have been angry she was with Keenan Wayans and Diddy and making hip-hop and R&B music. I heard young Puerto Ricans tell me how their parents were anti-black despite all of them having African ancestry. Jennifer never gave that vibe for her messiness, ARod is Dominican and clearly looks part black.

by Anonymousreply 123December 10, 2022 12:50 PM

That's the wrong daddy! She's been Somersby'd!

by Anonymousreply 124December 10, 2022 1:19 PM

[quote]She doesn't come across as a particularly sexual person.

I agree and it’s kind of wild when you consider how important being sexy is to her overall persona. I think a lot of the more narcissistic celebrity types—like Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian—give off the vibe that sex doesn’t interest them much.

by Anonymousreply 125December 10, 2022 1:20 PM

Jennifer isn't short. She's like 5'6". Standing next to Shakira at the Superbowl she looked about a foot taller. At first I thought it was because JLO was wearing heels and Shakira was wearing sneakers but when I looked closer I noticed Shakira was wearing wedge sneakers. Of course, Shakira is very petite. But JLo is average height.

by Anonymousreply 126December 10, 2022 2:10 PM

Actually on closer inspection maybe they weren't wedge sneakers. But JLo has always looked average height standing next to other women.

by Anonymousreply 127December 10, 2022 2:17 PM

r126 she is quite short. Not tiny but definitely not 5'6. Perhaps scraping 5'4ish at most. She looks at least a foot shorter than Ben Affleck. Not short for a regular Latina but short compared to the Amazonian model types they put on Univision.

by Anonymousreply 128December 10, 2022 4:30 PM

R123 a lot of Puerto Ricans are quite self hating when it comes to black ancestry. Her mother certainly looks 1/2 or 1/4 black. Jennifer's sister Lynda let slip on a radio interview that they were all brought up to see white men as the ultimate prize. Jen's two sisters had children with white men. Funnily Ben Affleck is the only white man Jennifer has ever publicly dated. The majority of her partners have been Latinos. She herself looks and acts (and sounds) much more Latino than either of her sisters.

by Anonymousreply 129December 10, 2022 4:47 PM

[quote] She has better fashion sense than Madonna or Beyonce who are overrated. JLo and Janet are pretty underrated in style iconography.

I agree she dresses well, but Janet Jackson is no style icon.

by Anonymousreply 130December 10, 2022 4:59 PM

How is the photo proof that JLo has naturally straight hair? Except for her bangs, her hair is in braids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131December 10, 2022 5:00 PM

R31 Because she's very young in that photo. Most (well good) parents don't perm their small children's hair because it could damage it. Usually they wait until they're around 10 at least.

by Anonymousreply 132December 10, 2022 5:15 PM

[Quote] I imagine she may have been angry she was with Keenan Wayans and Diddy and making hip-hop and R&B music. I heard young Puerto Ricans tell me how their parents were anti-black despite all of them having African ancestry. Jennifer never gave that vibe for her messiness, ARod is Dominican and clearly looks part black.

I guess none of them cared when Jennifer thought it was ok for her to use a certain N word in her song I'm Real.

by Anonymousreply 133December 10, 2022 5:30 PM

I'm with R34 I think she is a big ol self loathing lesbo

by Anonymousreply 134December 10, 2022 5:52 PM

She's an opportunist R112 she did whatever and whomever to advance including tommy Mottola. Which is why a certain pop diva doesn't know her and still don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 135December 10, 2022 6:33 PM

A certain pop diva was certainly not above fucking a married man for a career either. And if she hadn't, she'd be singing backup in local dive bars the rest of her life.

by Anonymousreply 136December 10, 2022 6:35 PM

R134 I genuinely do think J-Lo is gay or bi. She has way more chemistry with women than most men. The scenes with her in Constance Wu and Hustlers had tons of sexual tension. If she is, it's crazy how she has managed to keep it under wraps for so many years. Or maybe she's in denial herself.

by Anonymousreply 137December 10, 2022 9:53 PM

Maybe she wants the fairytale wedding so much she is more concerned with how things look?

by Anonymousreply 138December 10, 2022 11:23 PM

She's had three other weddings though.

by Anonymousreply 139December 11, 2022 8:06 AM

Did Lynda Lopez, who was a reporter for the local NYC WPIX morning news, have a child with that MTV VJ she was dating? Think the guy was known as Booker.

by Anonymousreply 140December 11, 2022 8:41 AM

r140 no, she had a daughter with her next boyfriend, Adam Goldfried. They split up not too long after the kid was born from what I know.

by Anonymousreply 141December 11, 2022 9:27 AM

Glad someone mentioned that Mariah also fucked Tommy for a record deal. For some reason, it was fine for her to do it.

by Anonymousreply 142December 11, 2022 6:49 PM

Marginal singer, mediocre dancer....but I think she is a great actor....Diddy got her all up in that singing stuff...if she had focused on acting she wouldn't be such a joke to anyone with talent...but no joke as a business woman...to get this far on limited ability is quite the accomplishment..

by Anonymousreply 143December 11, 2022 7:06 PM

r143 I agree...I think she is an above average actor. I really, really loved her performance in El Cantante with Marc Anthony. I think it would have been much more critically acclaimed if she hadn't turned herself into a brand the way she did, and with the Bennifer circus.

by Anonymousreply 144December 11, 2022 7:38 PM

Did she get her tits out in El Cantante?

by Anonymousreply 145December 11, 2022 7:40 PM

I enjoyed Jello in the film where she played the abused wife, think she ended up killing the husband.

by Anonymousreply 146December 11, 2022 9:25 PM

R146 I also think she did a good job in Enough. And she does kill the husband.

by Anonymousreply 147December 11, 2022 9:44 PM

Billy Campbell was the hot husband. JLo thought she'd get an Oscar nom for it

by Anonymousreply 148December 11, 2022 9:49 PM

TBH I think Jennifer would have got Oscar noms for a few of her roles if she hadn't started clowning around with a music career and a clothing line and perfume and God knows what else. She can act but she's just so famous that it's hard to see her as anyone but J-Lo. She made that choice and now she seems affronted that she isn't being recognized as a serious thespian. You can't have it all.

by Anonymousreply 149December 11, 2022 10:34 PM

I've been watching the old In Living Color shows, seeing a young J Lo dancing around in short dark curly hair has been so weird. J Lo was simply one of the many anonymous dancers, and not exactly one of the better dancers, yet, she became the most famous and richest.

Rosie Perez was the show's choreographer, that was the only other dancer I recognized, Rosie got an acting career out of her dancing.

by Anonymousreply 150December 11, 2022 10:44 PM

I remember that movie R146 it was her copycat Julia Roberts 'Sleeping with the enemy' role

by Anonymousreply 151December 11, 2022 10:48 PM

r150 she had a lot of charisma even then. That takes you much further than talent, generally.

by Anonymousreply 152December 11, 2022 10:49 PM

I’ve just saw a tik tok of people saying how horrible she is. Drivers don’t want to work with her because of her horrible attitude. If she thinks you were looking at her ( even driving through a rearview mirror ) she would call the company to get you fired. And waiters say that Ben is super nice and tips well and the Jennifer goes behind his back ask for the the tip or part of the tip ( this story was at a casino). This was corroborated on comments of people saying how she does this with tips ( in a resto Ben put 100 dollar bill and she took it and put 10 dollar bill instead). Talk about being a millionaire greedy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 153December 11, 2022 11:00 PM

r153 I hear second hand accounts like this all the time but anyone I know who has met her has said she's sweet and a nice person, including crew members for some of her movies. Is she like Jekyll and Hyde?

by Anonymousreply 154December 12, 2022 8:25 AM

r153 most of that just doesn't ring true. It seems like the same few stories being recycled. I'm sure she probably is a bitch, but there's no way she snatched a tip out of someone's hands and whatever else they say.

by Anonymousreply 155December 15, 2022 9:56 PM

Leah Remini said that Lopez was very helpful when Remini was leaving Scientology.

by Anonymousreply 156December 15, 2022 10:04 PM

R156 Yes, Leah Remini talked very highly of her. Said she was a very good friend and support to her at a time when most other friends abandoned her. Another friend of hers, Elaine Goldsmith Thomas, said she got straight on a plane and flew out to be with her when she was having chemo. She can't be all bad.

by Anonymousreply 157December 15, 2022 10:14 PM

Could one of her issues be she's a closet lez or bi and doesn't feel able to be open about it?

by Anonymousreply 158December 19, 2022 11:02 AM

JLo isn't a lesbian, she probably doesn't even like sex

by Anonymousreply 159December 19, 2022 9:22 PM

what makes you think that r159?

by Anonymousreply 160December 19, 2022 11:52 PM

R159 you must also believe mj was asexual as well delusional frau.

by Anonymousreply 161December 20, 2022 10:06 AM

All the fraus in this thread, the toxic fumes of fish is almost unbreable. Jlo is a no talent pr ho that does everything for attention. She's a flop who's trash music can't even get 5 million combined streams from all music platforms combined daily. Her and xtina are hasbeens that have a dwindling fanbase.

by Anonymousreply 162December 20, 2022 10:33 AM

R70 = Mariah

by Anonymousreply 163April 1, 2024 11:29 PM

There is nothing wrong with her OP. You seem strange or maybe just ancient. She is the end goal of feminism. Would a serial marrier who was male be deemed “weird”. JLo is the new age Liz Taylor, just more vulgar and sexier.

by Anonymousreply 164April 1, 2024 11:56 PM

Hate this thread and everyone in it

by Anonymousreply 165April 2, 2024 12:08 AM

R165 = JLo, stealing another waitress’ tip.

by Anonymousreply 166April 2, 2024 12:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!