Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What Has Datalounge Taught You About The United States And Its People?

This question is definitely for those Dataloungers of other nations, but we Americans can also answer, since many of us are unfamiliar with the other regions and people of our country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 3, 2022 3:43 AM

Datalounge has taught me nothing.

by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2022 7:41 PM

American here. I'd say that our nation is ALL about money, wealth and the fact that any given citizen better make enough to provide themselves with food, clothing, shelter, healthcare, transportation, education retirement and everything else in between for their entire lives, no matter what happens. You're on your own, regardless of whether you're an infant or a doddering oldster. This country doesn't give a shit about you, unless you make it money.

Also, we have a lot of delusional, entitled, selfish snowflake sheeple that live here.

by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2022 7:42 PM

For what it is worth, I much prefer the minds here on DL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2022 7:47 PM

Agreed, R2, but DL didn't teach you that, I assume.

by Anonymousreply 4December 2, 2022 7:54 PM

Oh, true r4. I apparently haven't had quite enough caffeine today as I completely skimmed over the "What has DL taught you" part.

by Anonymousreply 5December 2, 2022 8:08 PM

All american women are fat, horribly toxic harridans. All straight american white men are desirable. the culture of USA = celeb gossip. All hot male celebrity is , in fact, gay. Italians are not white. the entire generation born after 1975 is smelly and stupid. the entire generation born after 1995 are smelly, stupid but also incapable of understanding which sex they are + they don't work. 35 % of americans = trans, apparently. All gay men, but especially bottoms, are despicable and sub-human. Americans believe that the entire world envy them...(LOL). Black people, and generally POC, are to be avoided, even though they're sometimes well endowed. Indigenous people have straight pubic hair. Every gay guy living in NYC, no matter how crappy their dwelling, is an "interior designer". Democrats are all angels, Republicans are all worse than Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 6December 2, 2022 8:17 PM

Let's play Connect the Dots!

Didn't CPAC design their stage to resemble a swastika? Didn't Trump host Kanye in the White House? Didn't Kanye just praise Hitler a few days ago? Didn't Trump adopt a semi-Nazi salute? Didn't Trump host an antisemite and holocaust denier at MAGA-Lardo last week? I could go on..

Maybe not "worse than Hitler", but rather just as bad.

by Anonymousreply 7December 2, 2022 8:28 PM

What parts would be considered part of The Midwest?

by Anonymousreply 8December 2, 2022 8:30 PM

To a new Yorker = anything west of the Hudson until you hit California.

by Anonymousreply 9December 2, 2022 8:52 PM

The Midwest, as defined by the federal government, comprises the states of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin

by Anonymousreply 10December 2, 2022 8:55 PM

Thanks R9 and R10.

by Anonymousreply 11December 2, 2022 9:25 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 12December 3, 2022 1:41 AM

The political extremists dominate everything and moderates are seen as the enemies of their own parties.

by Anonymousreply 13December 3, 2022 1:44 AM

If you don't believe everything the Democratic party espouses, you are a homophobic, Trump loving, racist piece of shit. Likewise, if you support homosexuality, social services of any kind, or any kind of minority, you are a leftie Commie anti-American traitorous piece of shit...

....Americans lack reason and nuance.

Also, all women are ugly and undeserving of men and all straight men are studs, regardless of how men behave or look.

by Anonymousreply 14December 3, 2022 1:49 AM

Why is most of the country transitioning! It's an OUTRAGE!

by Anonymousreply 15December 3, 2022 2:55 AM

That everyone hates everyone else. Same lesson I learned from life.

I remember I was working an awful temp job in my early 20s and there was this very mean black woman who was a visiting manager. She was truly a horrible human being. But anyway I was in the elevator with this Filipino coworker and he said to me “I hate her, she’s a nigger!” And I always remember that moment when I hear someone on TV or social media blabbing about how awful white people are, because of course all racial minorities are perfect and above rebuke.

by Anonymousreply 16December 3, 2022 3:07 AM

That even if you're a millionaire in Beverly Hills or in a posh apt. overlooking Central Park... you can end-up bitching on Datalounge on a Saturday night.

by Anonymousreply 17December 3, 2022 3:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!