Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mothers vs mommies

How I refer to the normal moms vs the ones obsessed with pregnancy, babies, all the trimmings of toys and cribs and kids' TV. Some people into mommy culture seem more in love with the baby/toddler stages of life than they are with their kids themselves.

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2022 2:52 PM

This woman always pops into my mind whenever I hear about unwell moms. My BFF is very into mom groups on facebook (for laughs) and has told me it isn't uncommon to see women obviously sort of turning their songs into ideal emotional partners for them. Yikes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2022 4:12 AM

"Some people into mommy culture seem more in love with the baby/toddler stages of life than they are with their kids themselves."

And you're obsessed with these people, so...

by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2022 4:30 AM

A demographic easily avoided, the mommy concept is annoying for many reasons, most especially because someone makes the mistake of believing that they have superiority to the rest of the population due to their willingness to refuse the use of birth control. There are certain phrases, such as “baby is fussy” that are capable of invoking the same pain as fingernails on the chalkboard .

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2022 2:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!