Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WEHT Katie Holmes?

She always seemed strange to me. Does she still act?

by Anonymousreply 44February 6, 2023 12:44 PM

Yes she still acts, writes, directs, produces... and tries to avoid becoming Nicole Kidman. Sits on a couple charity boards but not for p.r. and has a fashion line

by Anonymousreply 1December 1, 2022 1:16 AM

I'd rather be Nicole Kidman than Katie Holmes.

by Anonymousreply 2December 1, 2022 1:17 AM

Someone's Google Alert went off...

by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2022 1:17 AM

She’s mostly a mom, a philanthropist, and a black cock aficionado.

by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2022 1:17 AM

Damn it OP, It's WHET *slap*

by Anonymousreply 5December 1, 2022 1:19 AM

I remember her wearing some of the clothes she designed. They were as awkward and weird as her appearing on that dancing show. Strange woman. Luckily surrounded by smarter people.

by Anonymousreply 6December 1, 2022 1:26 AM

[quote]I'd rather be Nicole Kidman than Katie Holmes.

And I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy!

by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2022 1:28 AM

Being penetrated by Tammy's micro dick would turn anyone into a black cock aficionado.

by Anonymousreply 8December 1, 2022 1:31 AM

Working on becoming some other Hollywood closet case beard.

by Anonymousreply 9December 1, 2022 1:42 AM

She’s too tall so looks awkward. She would look much better at Michelle Williams height.

by Anonymousreply 10December 1, 2022 1:48 AM

She is awkward looking but she's not that fucking tall to blame it on. I also wouldn't use Michelle Williams as a goal. She's kind of awkward looking herself. Katie still has this little girl face on an adult woman's body. That is always a bit odd.

by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2022 1:59 AM

October 27, 2022

[quote]Katie Holmes has been set to star in The Wanderers, a new Off Broadway play from the Roundabout Theatre Company. The New York debut of Anna Ziegler’s latest will begin preview performances January 26, 2023 head of a February 16 opening at the Laura Pels Theater in New York.

[quote]The limited engagement will run through March 26, the theater group said Thursday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 1, 2022 2:07 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 1, 2022 2:09 AM

[quote]“Alone Together” — which Holmes also wrote, produced and stars in — takes place in the early days of lockdown, when uncertainty was rising as rapidly as case counts. Holmes stars as June, a New York food critic who flees the city thinking that her boyfriend (Derek Luke) will be joining her Upstate; when his family situation prevents that, she and another man (Jim Sturgess) find themselves alone … together.

[quote]A double-booking error forces the two of them to stay in the same AirBnB a few hours outside the city, with what happens next sure to surprise anyone who’s never seen a movie before. But the film’s low-key charms, such as they are, aren’t restrained by adherence to formula so much as its myopic worldview. Focusing an early-pandemic drama on two people who can afford to quarantine far away from the hoi polloi is a choice, as the kids say, as is the bizarrely casual reveal that one of the principals lost their parents in a murder-suicide; there’s also a strange amount of product placement, with a certain fast-food chain and canned-spaghetti empire getting more screentime than you’re probably expecting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 1, 2022 2:21 AM

Suri, 11/28/2022

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 1, 2022 2:22 AM

She saved her daughter from Scientology.

by Anonymousreply 16December 1, 2022 3:59 AM

She is heroic. Everyone who threw money at top gun marverick basically donated to the church if scientology. Assholes.

by Anonymousreply 17December 1, 2022 5:05 AM

I rewatched 'The Ice Storm' the other night and was wondering the same thing. Her small part in that was pretty unmemorable though...just 'pretended' to be high on pills and booze.

by Anonymousreply 18December 1, 2022 5:09 AM

Is Tom involved in Siri's life?

by Anonymousreply 19December 1, 2022 5:45 AM

Nope r19 He hasn't seen her since Katie made a break for it.

Well Katie merited 20 posts. That seems about right.

by Anonymousreply 20December 1, 2022 5:58 AM

Siri’s story is truly a Mommie Dearest in the opposite direction… how unbelievable Katie had the wherewithal and gumption to actually cut ties with the cult and Tom. Of course, very helpful Katie’s family was litigiously aligned, but it’s spectacular she actually got that girl OUT!

by Anonymousreply 21December 1, 2022 5:59 AM

Every time I see something about her, I always remember those multiple times she was photographed looking like crap, with herpes sores around her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 22December 1, 2022 6:08 AM

"Every time I see something about her, I always remember those multiple times she was photographed looking like crap, with herpes sores around her mouth."

Yeah, when a cult is hounding you, you tend to develop stress related health problems.

She looks like she's had some work done.

Either that or those white clothes pictures were heavily photoshopped.

I'll always like her for "Pieces of April." But she has a very limited talent and I think she's done quite well for herself, Cruise notwithstanding.

by Anonymousreply 23December 1, 2022 6:17 AM

Yes, she’s done very well for herself unlike Sarah Michelle Gellar, Felicity Huffman, and the rest of the Dawson’s Creek gang.

by Anonymousreply 24December 1, 2022 7:05 AM

I've always been a fan of her. Enjoyed her in Pieces of April and Miss Meadows as well as her two directorial features All We Had and Alone Together. She brought back the actor who played her boyfriend in Pieces of April as her boyfriend in Alone Together. Abandon, Teaching Miss Tingle, and The Romantics are guilty pleasures.

It's funny how often she was paired with Tobey Maguire in her early film career between The Ice Storm and Wonder Boys.

by Anonymousreply 25December 1, 2022 7:09 AM

Ask Scientology. They know.

by Anonymousreply 26December 1, 2022 7:52 AM

I thought she was fun in 'Go.'

by Anonymousreply 27December 1, 2022 8:29 AM

I always wondered how much money she and other beards make from playing wife and girlfriend to a closeted mega Hollywood movie star.

by Anonymousreply 28December 3, 2022 7:40 AM

She pings a bit

by Anonymousreply 29December 3, 2022 7:49 AM

Pieces of April

Go

The Ice Storm

Wonder Boys

For am actress of thin talent, she lucked onto a more or less adequately repeated role (or perhaps "look") in a share of quite good films of the time.

by Anonymousreply 30December 3, 2022 8:14 AM

Suri is a carbon copy of Tom now. It's uncanny. They may have used a turkey baster, but his DNA is in that girl, no question.

by Anonymousreply 31December 3, 2022 10:52 AM

She'll be on the Broadway stage again in February. Some unknown religious play which might be worth checking out at least because of her.

by Anonymousreply 32December 3, 2022 11:11 AM

I wonder if she ever thinks about Michelle Williams and her multiple Oscar nominations, and gets homicidal.

by Anonymousreply 33December 3, 2022 11:20 AM

I read Tom has evaded child support etc. he’s almost a billionaire.

by Anonymousreply 34December 3, 2022 3:22 PM

Thank the lord for my SNAP card and my little job in live theater, R34. Suri and I would be on the street otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 35December 5, 2022 7:03 AM

R20 I saw an article about Tom meeting secretly with Suri in Cotswolds, circa 2016. Though I don't know whether it's true or false.

by Anonymousreply 36January 7, 2023 7:00 AM

Katie Holmes is beautiful but she shares Kim Guilfoyle’s issue with the tree trunk legs, shapeless calves and thick ankles.

by Anonymousreply 37January 7, 2023 7:50 AM

Mostly time and age. Her ingenue days are over.

by Anonymousreply 38January 7, 2023 8:57 AM

Anyone see her in the new play yet?

by Anonymousreply 39February 6, 2023 10:26 AM

I think Kevin Williamson was aiming for a teen cast that looked like everyday teenagers. I liked that about Dawson's Creek, the cast members looked like people you would see in high school. Katie and Michelle were not beauties but were cute girls. It wasn't like 90210 or One Tree Hill or Euphoria where the high schools are populated by fashion catalog models.

by Anonymousreply 40February 6, 2023 10:30 AM

Remember the rumor on here that Josh Hartnett was Suri's father?

by Anonymousreply 41February 6, 2023 10:49 AM

Her marriage and escape from Tom would make a great movie.

by Anonymousreply 42February 6, 2023 11:08 AM

R40 ironically then that both Katie and Michelle are more likely to appear in fashion mags like a Vogue than the other actors from the other casts you mention.

by Anonymousreply 43February 6, 2023 11:18 AM

R43 They're bigger names than any of the cast of the other Fox and WB/CW teen soaps. Naturally they appear in high profile mags like Vogue. But many teen soap stars originate as Abercrombie and Sears models who just got cast on looks. I think Dawson's Creek original cast looked more down to earth despite the pretentious dialogue. Good-looking but not out-of-this-world.

by Anonymousreply 44February 6, 2023 12:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!