Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

William and Kate in Boston

Do you think Caroline Kennedy and John Kerry skipped the event which they were def supposed to be at because of the Susan Hussey thing? I mean, it seems like a stretch - it’s nice like W or K said it. But the timing is v suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 317December 11, 2022 1:52 AM

Or maybe they find William and Kate BORING.

by Anonymousreply 1December 1, 2022 12:26 AM

No one wants to be around those two boring assholes.

by Anonymousreply 2December 1, 2022 12:29 AM

Caroline couldn’t be allowed to be first in the reception line, so she pouted and declined.

by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2022 12:37 AM

Kennedy apprently had her travel plans disrupted do to weather. Kerry just didn't want to be seen with W&K I think. It's unfortunate because I think the vast majority of sane people don't give a shit about Susan Hussey thing.

by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2022 12:38 AM

It's reported Biden will be joining them for the award ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 5December 1, 2022 12:41 AM

[quote] It's reported Biden will be joining them for the award ceremony.

I hope he cancels on them too.

Fuck Will and Kate.

by Anonymousreply 6December 1, 2022 12:44 AM

If I wanted to think of an American city kindly disposed towards the British Royal Family I do not think Boston would be in my top ten.

by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2022 12:47 AM

I see the illiterate Sussex bots are here.

Lady Susan is suffering from early dementia and the Royal Family is not responsible for her behavior. Screeching affront, of course, is what some representatives of special groups do, in order to "raise consciousness."

Being boring is the best thing for members of the Royal Family to be. Being tedious, self-important, dishonest, inauthentic and soullessly "brand" fixated is something for cunts and the dimwits who marry them, but that is quite another class of "boring."

by Anonymousreply 8December 1, 2022 12:48 AM

R8 are you really excusing that old bat’s racism? Are you defending it because you hate the Sussexes so much? Btw, there are no Sussex bots here. It’s a site for gay men predominantly, there’s nothing to be gained.

by Anonymousreply 9December 1, 2022 1:03 AM

R9 I don't think the old bag's a racist as much as she was trying to make conversation as the woman represents an organization for "African and Caribbean women". She just wanted to know which group she came from. Unlike the US, there are thousands of recent African immigrants to the UK. The Caribbean immigrants mostly came over in the 1950s.

by Anonymousreply 10December 1, 2022 1:09 AM

I don't really understand why that question is so racist, to be honest. I'm otherwise super "woke."

by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2022 1:11 AM

The Sussex fan girls can't wait to show their ass. Shouldn't you old dried out fraus be invading celebitchy.

by Anonymousreply 12December 1, 2022 1:12 AM

Why was the woman dressed like a voodoo practitioner?

by Anonymousreply 13December 1, 2022 1:14 AM

Meghan was right all along.

The racist cunts were after her from day one.

by Anonymousreply 14December 1, 2022 1:16 AM

R14 who cares. You sugars can't stop rubbing your saggy pussy all over this non story.

by Anonymousreply 15December 1, 2022 1:18 AM

Definitely doesn’t feel like when Diana visited. The two of them don’t have any charisma, glamour and warmth.

by Anonymousreply 16December 1, 2022 1:19 AM

I'm with you, R11. Otherwise fully "woke" in all my political opinions but don't really see why asking someone where they're from is inherently racist.

Are you asking them where they're from because deep in your heart you believe their race to be inferior and the question is meant to insinuate that they don't belong in your country? Yes, that would be racist. Or are you asking them where they're from because their dress/accent etc. would seem to indicate they ARE from somewhere else? I live in a country where I'm the majority race but have a different accent to the natives and I am constantly asked where I'm from (and sometimes, I ask other people where they're from). What are the odds this woman saw fit to fully reveal her vicious racism at a public event like this, where she knew it would damage the family she has spent her life serving? What are the odds it was a simple good faith question in the interests of polite small talk?

I am beginning to deeply resent the American exportation of their cultural and racial angst to other nations. In almost every other country on earth it's perfectly fine and acceptable and a normal thing to ask someone where they're from.

by Anonymousreply 17December 1, 2022 1:23 AM

Meghan and harry do. And man you know they hate them for it!

by Anonymousreply 18December 1, 2022 1:27 AM

R17, according to the other thread, the woman repeatedly told the Baroness where she was from (the UK), yet the Baroness persisted asking her, in various permutations, what part of Africa she and her family were from.

“No, where are you really from?”

by Anonymousreply 19December 1, 2022 1:28 AM

The woman was dressed like an extra from The Flintstones, she's lucky she wasn't asked what time she was from.

by Anonymousreply 20December 1, 2022 1:30 AM

[quote] the woman repeatedly told the Baroness where she was from (the UK), yet the Baroness persisted asking her, in various permutations, what part of Africa she and her family were from.

[quote] “No, where are you really from?”

Ah. Now I see what the ruckus is about.

I think the Baroness was trying to figure out where her family was originally from in Africa.

Obviously, her roots don't originate in the UK. So maybe what she was getting at, was what part of Africa does your family come from?

If that's the case, would it still be considered inappropriate?

It's hard to tell what's allowed and not allowed, nowdays.

Everybody is so sensitive.

by Anonymousreply 21December 1, 2022 1:42 AM

Framing the question as "where did your ancestors originate?" is more polite but still on the intrusive side.

Better to let the matter lie unless the person references their heritage themselves.

by Anonymousreply 22December 1, 2022 1:47 AM

R21

The visitor said she was from London. That should have ended the discussion. The entitlement (brushing aside the visitor's hair to see her name tag) and the insistent, challenging follow-up questions all indicated Lady Hussey didn't think a Black woman could really be English. This is typical behavior by racists.

by Anonymousreply 23December 1, 2022 2:04 AM

The organization only helps women of African and Carribbean descent. The old lady probably figured it was fine to ask, since Sistah Group seems to take pride in that heritage and focuses their efforts towards helping women of that area.

by Anonymousreply 24December 1, 2022 2:04 AM

No one mentioned Meghan and Harry. Some people just don’t like W&K.

by Anonymousreply 25December 1, 2022 2:22 AM

I can't believe that earlier here someone had the naivete to write, "...Unlike the U.S., there are thousands of recent African immigrants to the U.K."

Boy, you really do not know us here in the States... Do you?

by Anonymousreply 26December 1, 2022 2:23 AM

People in the UK tend to think all black people in the US are descended from the days of slavery.

by Anonymousreply 27December 1, 2022 2:27 AM

R26 there are 1.1 million African immigrants currently living in the US. There are 1.3 million African immigrants living in the UK - a much smaller country.

by Anonymousreply 28December 1, 2022 2:31 AM

R16, Of course, it doesn't fell like when Diana visited. She was an international superstar, beloved the world over! William may be her son, but he takes after Charles in the charisma dept, along with Kate who is about as interesting as watching paint dry.

by Anonymousreply 29December 1, 2022 2:56 AM

Diana was the peak of BRF internationally. It’s never going to be the same level of fame. Even W&K last visit to NY was kind of hot hum. Nobody cares about Meghan or Harry either, despite claims they’re so popular stateside.

The celebrity landscape has changed dramatically over the years.

by Anonymousreply 30December 1, 2022 3:25 AM

Is Boston still full of IRA supporters? Kind of a strange choice.

by Anonymousreply 31December 1, 2022 3:31 AM

Boston is still full of irate people who hate everyone not from Boston for fucking up their parking.

by Anonymousreply 32December 1, 2022 4:03 AM

[quote] Obviously, her roots don't originate in the UK. So maybe what she was getting at, was what part of Africa does your family come from? If that's the case, would it still be considered inappropriate? It's hard to tell what's allowed and not allowed, nowdays. Everybody is so sensitive.

The Baroness was part of the official household of the head of state who represents all citizens of the UK. As such she is supposed to be on best behavior and be a reflection of his role and that of the Queen Consort. She dishonored them by singling out a citizen and treating her as if she’s not a true subject of the King, i.e., not showing courtesy or respect and treating her worse or “less than” she or any other Brit with long ancestral roots in the UK would be treated.

by Anonymousreply 33December 1, 2022 4:42 AM

Thank you for keeping my journey in the news, sMEGs.

by Anonymousreply 34December 1, 2022 5:05 AM

[quote]She dishonored them by singling out a citizen and treating her as if she’s not a true subject of the King, i.e., not showing courtesy or respect and treating her worse or “less than” she or any other Brit with long ancestral roots in the UK would be treated.

The question of whether asking where this woman/her people were from was racist IS the argument. You're assuming you know why the question was being asked. As so many others have said throughout today, in most of the world there isn't anything offensive to be automatically assumed. Why would it be demeaning or being treated as "less than" to be asked where you're from? Are you sure it's necessarily the questioner making the assumption that being "not English" is being "less than" in that situation?

It seems almost unthinkable that this woman, with this history, would suddenly choose to put her (assumed) virulent racism on display at a public event with many people of colour and from foreign countries in attendance.

It seems overwhelmingly likely that this interaction was a misunderstanding - the older woman trying to get at the family origins of the younger woman (again I am unsure as to what about this curiosity is inherently racist) and perhaps not understanding that the interaction was being received poorly. Which assumes there was some signal it WAS being received poorly, which isn't clear from photos of the event.

by Anonymousreply 35December 1, 2022 8:47 AM

The woman in question has Tweets accusing the royal family of the domestic abuse of Meghan Markle. I don't know about you guys but I try not to hang out with people I believe are guilty of racially motivated domestic abuse.

by Anonymousreply 36December 1, 2022 8:49 AM

Yeah R36 it isn't hard to believe that they made Meghan a target of their fucking racist mentality. I'm sure she encountered their antiquated thinking everyday and they encountered her high minded picture of herself. A perfect storm. Harry is an entitled asshole, I make fun of him but I feel for him. All of this shit must remind of his Mom.

by Anonymousreply 37December 1, 2022 9:38 AM

What did Kate do to her face? She looks different. Especially the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 38December 1, 2022 10:26 AM

I live here and many stations are practically streaming everything they do.

by Anonymousreply 39December 1, 2022 12:36 PM

I don’t think the works needs another Diana. Let’s forget the absurd fawning over that woman.

by Anonymousreply 40December 1, 2022 12:42 PM

Checked the weather -- beautiful in Boston today, excellent for the Harvard and Roca visits. The lovely couple is being warmly received.

by Anonymousreply 41December 1, 2022 12:43 PM

I think the Royals need to scale back and quit trying to be global. They aren't the British Empire anymore. They should stick with the UK, represent their charities there, and give up these tours to other countries. Hopefully this will be the last one for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 42December 1, 2022 1:49 PM

I wonder if Wills is resentful about his life being mapped out for him already.

Too bad that they didn’t skip Charles to make him the king. Either way, both consorts suck. Camilla is the homeliest Queen Consort since Sofia of Spain.

by Anonymousreply 43December 1, 2022 1:58 PM

Are they staying at the Four Seasons in Boston?

by Anonymousreply 44December 1, 2022 2:03 PM

What happened to the rumor that Wills had something going on the side?

by Anonymousreply 45December 1, 2022 2:04 PM

I don’t understand what they are trying to do with this trip. Americans largely don’t care about these people - and more crucially, the royal family doesn’t need us to care! They aren’t actors trying to maintain a public following to sell film tickets. And then to go to Boston of all places? Just bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 46December 1, 2022 2:07 PM

I don’t approve of cheating, but in this case I do, just to see that pained, pinched look on Waity Katie’s mug.

by Anonymousreply 47December 1, 2022 2:07 PM

Will and Kate’s visit to Boston has resurrected seldom seen Michael and Kitty Dukakis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 1, 2022 2:14 PM

R42, this isn’t really a tour. It’s for William’s new charity. I think they had the first ceremony here because they can raise the most money and get the most attention in the US. Also they want to keep their global appeal. They should’ve done that when they first married.

I do agree with the overall sentiment though. They aren’t as big in the US as people and the media believe. I got tarred and feathered when I said that in one of these threads because of the delusion. Also, Kate isn’t viewed as a icon. I know there are reports of them being booed last night at the game, but I think it’s just what the fans do in Boston. However, while I don’t think they’re actively disliked, I feel most of the US are indifferent to them. I don’t think any players knew who they were and I doubt most (esp male) fans did either, other than being British. And before the shouts of Meghan .... same applies to them. They can probably go to the local grocery and nobody would know who they were. Which makes their gargantuan media deals even more ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 49December 1, 2022 2:17 PM

R17 Are you a disgruntled British bitch with fat ankles?

by Anonymousreply 50December 1, 2022 2:19 PM

No, I heard they are not at the 4 Seasons

by Anonymousreply 51December 1, 2022 2:23 PM

They just left the Four Seasons by the Public Garden and just arrived at Greentown Labs in nearby Somerville, MA five minutes ago and an enthusiastic crowd cheered their arrival.

by Anonymousreply 52December 1, 2022 2:28 PM

OP is an obvious Meghan stan.

Sorry, but I do not hate the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 53December 1, 2022 2:37 PM

you know she's lusting for that bbc bball cock.

by Anonymousreply 54December 1, 2022 2:45 PM

Further to R52, it's expected they'll finish their tour inside of the labs shortly after 11 am. The crowd (including an 8-year-old-DLer in training dressed as a palace guard in an unfortunate fake-fur bearskin hat) is hopeful they'll walk the rope line at the end of the visit.

From there it's off to Chelsea, MA to visit Roca, Inc. whose mission, quoting from the website, "is to be a relentless force in disrupting incarceration, poverty, and racism by engaging the young adults, police, and systems at the center of urban violence in relationships to address trauma, find hope, and drive change."

Funny, these are things H&M say they're interested in. Why is it that the Wales not only say they're interested, but actually do something to encourage the means to address climate change, addressing trauma, and improving early childhood outcomes during their Harvard visit and Earthshot Awards presentations tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 55December 1, 2022 2:50 PM

I didn't understand the role of the monarchy. But then I read that basically the monarchy takes care of ceremonial stuff which leaves their politicians free to do government work.

Here in the U.S. the President does the ceremonial work, too. Like lighting the national Christmas Tree, forgiving the Thanksgiving turkey, rolling Easter Eggs at the White House, meeting with Girl Scouts, etc.

by Anonymousreply 56December 1, 2022 2:53 PM

Wils should always wear a hat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 1, 2022 2:55 PM

R57 - Baldemort Peggington does look better with his hat on.

by Anonymousreply 58December 1, 2022 3:06 PM

Kennedy's flight was held in NYC. She is photographed greeting them later last night at the game. Kerry is still ill after contracting COVID. Sorry to disappoint anybody.

by Anonymousreply 59December 1, 2022 3:56 PM

R51, they're at the dildo store next door. Kate is buying Will a new peg.

by Anonymousreply 60December 1, 2022 4:03 PM

There is no dildo store next door, R60.

There’s a cemetery next door, though, where thoughts like yours, deservedly, go to die.

by Anonymousreply 61December 1, 2022 4:19 PM

Now R61, in it's world, that sad little offering is a feeling of accomplishment.

by Anonymousreply 62December 1, 2022 4:20 PM

They didn’t do a grip and grin with the crowd but the baby DLer in the bearskin hat was presented to them.

People gasped when Kate left the building. She is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 63December 1, 2022 4:24 PM

R53, I saw that same report on CNN. They showed them at the Garden (sporting coliseum) the night before and you could hear the crowds booing. Then they had a hot reporter outside the labs that they are at today. The enthusiastic crowd consisted of about 30 children and a few teachers. Even the reporter mentioned the small crowd. He also talked about the racism.

by Anonymousreply 64December 1, 2022 4:25 PM

R49. It is a tour. A public relations tour. William and Kate have been on one long, frantic public relations tour since his brother gave the Oprah interview. Before then, he and Kate did the bare minimum in appearances. Afterwards, they're out almost every single day. They've been working overtime.

They could have had this contest winner reveal anywhere in the world. They chose to have it in America, where his brother lives. They're trying to compete. That's ridiculous. And it was asking for trouble. They also have another tour in America planned for later next year. They never bothered with America, and now that his estranged brother lives here, they have two trips in less than one year's time.

They have no one to blame for this, but themselves.

by Anonymousreply 65December 1, 2022 4:33 PM

The US has thousands of recent African immigrants.

by Anonymousreply 66December 1, 2022 4:38 PM

R61 It's a reference to Four Seasons landscaping.

by Anonymousreply 67December 1, 2022 4:38 PM

Henry was there. He met them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68December 1, 2022 4:38 PM

William may have inherited a touch of his father’s insecurity and jealousy of family members getting attention. And Kate is along for the ride with her mouth firmly shut and both hands inside the vehicle, as she agreed to when she married up.

by Anonymousreply 69December 1, 2022 4:43 PM

Every station interviewed little Henry. Definitely a future Datalounger.

by Anonymousreply 70December 1, 2022 4:43 PM

Judging by all the tweets from black women going insane about the Amy Robach/TJ Holmes affair, I think Harry marrying Meghan - even though she's white-passing - did a lot for black women's morale. Black male celebs are always dating/marrying white women. Black women must inevitably have an inferiority complex about this.

by Anonymousreply 71December 1, 2022 4:44 PM

British Royalists = MAGA.

by Anonymousreply 72December 1, 2022 4:46 PM

Anyone who conflates British royalists with MAGA = too idiotic for words

by Anonymousreply 73December 1, 2022 4:47 PM

The Tory party in the UK is the equivalent of mainstream Democrats. Labour is the equivalent of The Squad. The rightwing in the UK is powerless unlike in the US.

by Anonymousreply 74December 1, 2022 4:50 PM

Why, R73? Both groups are socially conservative to an extreme, with rampant racism and a strict adherence to social hierarchies. They believe in a mythical past when their "people" had more power. Both groups are fanatically imperialist, too.

You aren't actually arguing that one can be progressive and be a Royalist? That's laughable.

by Anonymousreply 75December 1, 2022 4:51 PM

R75 you really know jack shit about British politics.

by Anonymousreply 76December 1, 2022 4:53 PM

[quote] Anyone who conflates British royalists with MAGA = too idiotic for words.

The same ignorant troll is stinking up other threads, R73. Even going so far to say that those who DON’T equate the BRF with MAGA have no sense of “perspective”. Haha.

Ironically the troll sounds just like MAGA: same intellectual level and black OR white thinking.

by Anonymousreply 77December 1, 2022 4:54 PM

R75, in your vast knowledge of everything you of course also know that most of the progressive countries in the west are constitutional monarchies: Sweden, Denmark, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Belgium, the Netherlands. You know, all the countries you hypocrites whine about running away to every time your shining democracy goes off the rails again. So, yes, you can indeed be a progressive and support constitutional monarchy as a form of government, which by its nature makes you a royaltist. So blowhard your way out of that, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 78December 1, 2022 4:56 PM

Sorry, R73... R75 is for R74.

by Anonymousreply 79December 1, 2022 4:56 PM

Royalists always show their asses. They're so disconnected from regular people they have no idea how out of touch they are.

by Anonymousreply 80December 1, 2022 4:56 PM

Sorry, R75... the page hadn't refreshed.

by Anonymousreply 81December 1, 2022 4:56 PM

I'm an American. I've lived in the UK, France, Switzerland and Italy. The US is hopelessly backward socially, full of uneducated, backward, Bible thumping idiots.

by Anonymousreply 82December 1, 2022 4:58 PM

The Kennedys are/were supporters of the armed struggle in NI. Why in god’s name are they going to have anything to do with British royalty?

by Anonymousreply 83December 1, 2022 5:06 PM

R83 after the Good Friday Agreement, the Kennedys' funding of the IRA petered out. And after 9/11, it finally became unfashionable for disgruntled Irish-Americans to finance terrorists.

by Anonymousreply 84December 1, 2022 5:08 PM

There should be a thread limited only to Americans to post their profoundly uninformed thoughts about Constitutional Monarchies.

by Anonymousreply 85December 1, 2022 5:13 PM

OP, I don't know about Kerry, but Caroline Kennedy apparently didn't skip the event. Diplomatically, it would be incredibly damaging for two high-profile politicians/public officials to insult the next head of state of a close US ally in such a way, and all because of a ridiculous unsubstantiated tweet. Caroline Kennedy is an ambassador, she would know better than to do something so incredibly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 86December 1, 2022 5:33 PM

R75, still laughing?

by Anonymousreply 87December 1, 2022 5:55 PM

She wouldn’t skip the event because the JFK Library is a partner in the prize.

by Anonymousreply 88December 1, 2022 6:13 PM

Just imagine the debacle if Baroness Von Schrader had been there instead of Baroness Hussey.

by Anonymousreply 89December 1, 2022 6:30 PM

R75? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone? R75?

by Anonymousreply 90December 1, 2022 10:01 PM

I have r75 blocked, r90, so I don’t even know what they said. I wonder if that’s why no one has replied.

by Anonymousreply 91December 1, 2022 10:03 PM

R91, they were laughing at the idea you could be progressive and a royalist, plainly having no clue how many constitutional monarchies are progressive countries. Slinked off after being exposed as a blow hard.

by Anonymousreply 92December 1, 2022 10:12 PM

R9, please reread my post.

Stop defending racism among the greedy, professional persons of colour who get feted and invited to receive formal attention.

But then your posts show you to be rather pedantic and trolly. So many "points of view." And so thread-controlling.

And don't presume to tell me what the DL is, you cunt. Now go fall off the wagon again.

by Anonymousreply 93December 1, 2022 11:08 PM

[quote]The Tory party in the UK is the equivalent of mainstream Democrats. Labour is the equivalent of The Squad. The rightwing in the UK is powerless unlike in the US.

There really is no equivalent to the American Republican Party in other Western democracies. The American Republican Party is considered to be a bunch of backwards, idiotic lunatics in the rest of the civilized world.

by Anonymousreply 94December 1, 2022 11:35 PM

R46 I don't know if this visit will include a visit to New York, but I read they were going to be expanding the Prince's Trust to NYC.

by Anonymousreply 95December 1, 2022 11:37 PM

My little girl gets fan boyed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96December 1, 2022 11:46 PM

As others noted, I doubt most Americans dislike W&K so much as they are indifferent to them, aside from the side-show drama the BRF regularly provides. But even under the best of circumstances, Boston is a tough town (though Philly *really* would've booed them, because that's how they roll). I never realized what a shorty Caroline was until seeing how Wills how to stoop to greet her.

Even thought the Queen was much loved at the end of her life, I remember when I was a kid, the Queen & Phillip went to Williamsburg and the general opinion (before the days of social media) was that they were BORING.

by Anonymousreply 97December 1, 2022 11:48 PM

Is Greg cooking a meal for Wills and Kate whilst they're in his neck of the woods?

by Anonymousreply 98December 1, 2022 11:56 PM

[quote] I read they were going to be expanding the Prince's Trust to NYC.

I think the Prince’s Trust is a sticky issue between Charles and William. After the Caribbean tour, when there were all sorts of messages being passed through the press about William and Kate wanting to modernize the monarchy and retool their approach, ones of the claims was William would not continue the Prince’s Trust and would instead put effort into projects he started. Which seems a bit petty, but then so is Charles.

by Anonymousreply 99December 1, 2022 11:57 PM

The equivalent of the Republican Party in France is the Front National which is more powerful than it should be but still loses elections. In the UK, it's UKIP which is totally powerless, a fringe group.

Labour had been hardcore socialist and unelectable pre-Tony Blair. His 'third way' middle-of-the-road progressiveness New Labour finally won elections. After Labour got voted out, Labour reverted to hardcore leftie with Ed Miliband and then Jeremy Corbyn. They've now got wimpy Keir Starmer who might get elected.

by Anonymousreply 100December 1, 2022 11:58 PM

R22, I think that’s the crux of the issue people of color have; if you want to learn about black peoples, make friends with them. Instead, they are interrogated, touched and asked intrusive questions by total strangers. Can I touch your hair? Is your hair real or a weave? Are you mixed? And on and on; if someone you’re friends with and have been friends with for some time asks these things, no problem. But on the elevator?

by Anonymousreply 101December 1, 2022 11:59 PM

r96 Jackie would've been appalled at Caroline's outfit.

by Anonymousreply 102December 2, 2022 12:00 AM

Jackie would have told Caroline to get a facelift.

by Anonymousreply 103December 2, 2022 12:04 AM

Putting everything else aside, etiquette demands shifting any line of discussion that is making your guest uncomfortable. As Lady Susan is not some newbie to playing host or basic manners, the only real explanations are that she is losing her grip or that she considered this particular guest undeserving of usual polite treatment. Either way, it is best that she not represent the BRF in any capacity. And the BRF is not known for sentimentality. Chop.

by Anonymousreply 104December 2, 2022 12:04 AM

Is Caroline wearing a Celtics Hoodia? How gauche.

by Anonymousreply 105December 2, 2022 12:06 AM

[quote]forgiving the Thanksgiving turkey

I did nothing wrong!

by Anonymousreply 106December 2, 2022 12:14 AM

R102, What would Jackie have thought of this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107December 2, 2022 12:24 AM

My placemats! What have you done?!!

by Anonymousreply 108December 2, 2022 12:41 AM

[quote] Putting everything else aside, etiquette demands shifting any line of discussion that is making your guest uncomfortable. As Lady Susan is not some newbie to playing host or basic manners, the only real explanations are that she is losing her grip or that she considered this particular guest undeserving of usual polite treatment. Either way, it is best that she not represent the BRF in any capacity. And the BRF is not known for sentimentality. Chop

There’s more to the story, R104. Seems it may be a “smear campaign”.

Time will tell but Marlene Headley aka Faluni is being scrutinised as we speak because some suspicious info is coming to the fore.

The more she makes the tv interview rounds and personally raises $$$$$$$$ off this event, the more she is investigated.

by Anonymousreply 109December 2, 2022 1:10 AM

[quote]Jackie would have told Caroline to get a facelift.

My friend Julie did. She's such a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 110December 2, 2022 1:12 AM

[quote] No one wants to be around those two boring assholes.

Fuck off, Meghan, you patheic cunt. Nobody's beating YOUR door down to be with you and your half wit husband.

by Anonymousreply 111December 2, 2022 1:16 AM

[quote] Fuck Will and Kate.

What have you got against them? You sound really stupid.

by Anonymousreply 112December 2, 2022 1:17 AM

[quote] She was an international superstar, beloved the world over!

Diana was a train wreck. That's why people were interested in her. Highly unstable people attract a lot of attention.

by Anonymousreply 113December 2, 2022 1:22 AM

R113, She should have gotten a nose job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114December 2, 2022 1:48 AM

[quote] Judging by all the tweets from black women going insane about the Amy Robach/TJ Holmes affair, I think Harry marrying Meghan - even though she's white-passing - did a lot for black women's morale. Black male celebs are always dating/marrying white women. Black women must inevitably have an inferiority complex about this.

That’s a huge deal with BW. Most high quality BM end up with WW. BW are definitely MM biggest fanbase.

by Anonymousreply 115December 2, 2022 1:57 AM

E102, I thought that was some random jogger they ran into and greeted. Holy Shit! What a fucking slob. Shanty Irish, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 116December 2, 2022 2:09 AM

^^^R102

by Anonymousreply 117December 2, 2022 2:09 AM

Aww R113, you actually had time to come up for air from eating out CUNTMILLA's putrid, shriveled up old twat.

by Anonymousreply 118December 2, 2022 2:13 AM

I was wrong. William and Catherine's Boston visit is for the Earthshot Prize ceremony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119December 2, 2022 2:20 AM

Yep its really too bad the BRF didnt knock off diana, cuz then we wouldnt have to hear hazbeen and megain either forever and ever and ever on their whingeathon.

by Anonymousreply 120December 2, 2022 2:26 AM

No surprised, R119. It has been very clear for quite awhile that all the Meghan and Harry have is anger, deep seething anger against all those who are everything they aspire to but can never be.

by Anonymousreply 121December 2, 2022 2:26 AM

I like William and Kate, they present themselves very well. Friends of mine in Boston said most people they knew were excited about the visit.

by Anonymousreply 122December 2, 2022 2:28 AM

Yeah, well, they stood me up.

by Anonymousreply 123December 2, 2022 3:54 AM

R9 is the very definition of a Sussex bot post, right down to the multiple WWs.

Do you get paid by the number of likes?

by Anonymousreply 124December 2, 2022 3:59 AM

Kerry is an unpopular hypocrite here in the U.S. the Kennedy's are trash. Have always been. I'm so glad they aren't there.

by Anonymousreply 125December 2, 2022 4:16 AM

Is this the battle for America? lol There was also a picture of Archie circulating yesterday. They’ve ramped it up the past couple days W&K have been in Boston.

by Anonymousreply 126December 2, 2022 4:29 AM

That dress at r107 has taken my breath away it's so ugly and unflattering. When and where was she wearing it? Anyone know? How did she sit down? I take it she wasn't going to sit down at a table?

by Anonymousreply 127December 2, 2022 4:56 AM

[quote] I'm an American. I've lived in the UK, France, Switzerland and Italy.

But have you ever been to me?

by Anonymousreply 128December 2, 2022 5:00 AM

^ She wore it to the Met gala a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 129December 2, 2022 5:00 AM

Wow, r129. They shouldn't have let her in. That was an atrocious outfit. I thought Wintour had a team of people checking in with guests beforehand about their outfits but obviously not.

by Anonymousreply 130December 2, 2022 5:25 AM

R101, stop taking fraud Marlene Headley Fulani's word for everything. She wouldn't be able to help someone learn about Nigerian culture because she isn't Nigerian, despite her cultural appropriation of Nigerianess.

R104 is another dumbo. You're right, Hussey is hugely experienced and there have never been any such complaints about her before. Yet, suddenly, a deceptive grifter who has previously accused Charles of domestic violence against Meghan and hates the royal family for being white, gets herself into the palace as a +1 to an important event, tweets some very scripted sounding allegations and supposedly Hussey made a huge, unprecedented faux pas.

by Anonymousreply 131December 2, 2022 7:05 AM

If Harry and Meghan are trying to initiate a "battle for America", then they've already lost, as William and Kate are meeting Biden.

by Anonymousreply 132December 2, 2022 7:08 AM

Bostonians were all like too busy running around their cobblestone streets on horseback wearing those floppy hats and puffy shirts from the International Male catalogue yellin, "The British are cumming, the British are cumming!". Bostonians just want them to get the fuck out, as they always have. No surprise here.

by Anonymousreply 133December 2, 2022 7:39 AM

I'm wondering if the publicity lately - the rude old lady and the Harry/Meghan shit - might actually be good for them, in the long run. Most people I know say "Who?" when they hear about William and Kate. I have a feeling after this month - more people will realize there's more to the BRF than Elizabeth, Charles and Diana (everybody knows them, if vaguely)

by Anonymousreply 134December 2, 2022 8:05 AM

[quote]I'm wondering if the publicity lately - the rude old lady and the Harry/Meghan shit - might actually be good for them

That's a good point; the old lady seems dotty as much as anything & who hasn't had a granny or elderly relative say something positively cringe inducing (f not outright racist/sexist) to someone in the grocery story or drama queen relatives that have to make *everything* all about them? Royals, they're just like us! Their families are annoying too!

by Anonymousreply 135December 2, 2022 8:51 AM

Caroline's son Jack is a hottie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136December 2, 2022 11:38 AM

R130, Caroline said that her children approved of that dress.

by Anonymousreply 137December 2, 2022 1:26 PM

They keep trying to prove that the entire UK - or at least its royal family, which symbolically represents the UK - is racist to its core and sets out to oppress black people. And the way they try to prove this is to find one person even tangentially connected to the BRF to say or do something that could possibly be interpreted as even slightly racially insensitive.

This ridiculous agenda convinces nobody except those who already presume all white people are racist.

Meanwhile, the only member of the BRF actually on record as saying and doing racist things is - Just Harry.

by Anonymousreply 138December 2, 2022 2:03 PM

The BRF was is and will probably always be racist.

by Anonymousreply 139December 2, 2022 2:13 PM

R139 has said the last word on the topic. We should close the thread.

by Anonymousreply 140December 2, 2022 2:17 PM

Please support your assertions with facts from the past thirty years, R139.

by Anonymousreply 141December 2, 2022 2:18 PM

R139's definition of racism is if a white person says hello to a black person.

by Anonymousreply 142December 2, 2022 2:18 PM

I like this article…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143December 2, 2022 2:24 PM

More power to Harry and Meghan! Harry's book is out soon, I hope he dishes the dirt on Charles, pompous bore, William and blander than dirt Kate.

by Anonymousreply 144December 2, 2022 2:27 PM

R144. I agree because 1). William and Charles volunteered for public life and really don’t deserve any private life whatsoever, 2) Charles, William and Kate have divulged all of the details of Harry’s private life so it’s only fair, 3) Harry has made clear he is really comfortable with his private life being revealed and criticised, 4) what Charles, William and Kate do in their private lives, especially being boring, is a matter of acute public interest and 5) Harry and Meghan are so exemplary they would have nothing to fear from having their lives being scrutinised. Thank god for Harry and Meghan!

by Anonymousreply 145December 2, 2022 2:33 PM

R139 was, is, and probably always will be a child molester.

by Anonymousreply 146December 2, 2022 2:37 PM

R146 is PRESSED 😛😛😛😛 why?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147December 2, 2022 2:45 PM

R146 is a MORON. I wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 148December 2, 2022 2:53 PM

They are all idiot royals, but imagine rooting for the ones who do nothing but play polo and sell stories of their family to tabloid journalism over the ones who actually perform a public duty and service.

by Anonymousreply 149December 2, 2022 3:15 PM

Is what that old bag said more racist than what Biden said about Obama? "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

by Anonymousreply 150December 2, 2022 3:36 PM

R146, why answer a criticism of the BRF with an insult to the poster? No reason for it. Argue the content of the post.

by Anonymousreply 151December 2, 2022 3:59 PM

^ "What color will the baby be", said someone in the BRF who couldn't be bothered listening in biology class 😏

by Anonymousreply 152December 2, 2022 4:21 PM

William has some of his mother's charm. He sure is a good sport.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153December 2, 2022 4:24 PM

^ Working overtime on damage control

by Anonymousreply 154December 2, 2022 4:26 PM

William arrives at the JFK Library and is greeted by Caroline Kennedy and two of her children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155December 2, 2022 4:39 PM

So William gets the Real Kennedys whereas Meghan gets the drunk kids of Bobby.

by Anonymousreply 156December 2, 2022 4:42 PM

R147 needs to quit with the stupid gifs

by Anonymousreply 157December 2, 2022 4:43 PM

The drunk, crazy kids of Bobby, R156

by Anonymousreply 158December 2, 2022 4:43 PM

I'll repeat my anecdote about Bobby and Ethel. I used to run into an elderly Swiss lady while I was walking my dog in the park and she was walking hers. She had worked as a nanny (one of many) for Bobby and Ethel. She said both of them were drunks and their kids were savages.

by Anonymousreply 159December 2, 2022 4:46 PM

For r157…. 😛

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160December 2, 2022 5:15 PM

@r157... 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161December 2, 2022 6:00 PM

R146. Okay. We will go slow since the comprehension may be difficult to you. The post I responded to was a mindless, defamatory post about the royal family that offered no argument or evidence. In short it was a mindless defamatory post. If the post had offered any evidence or arguments or evidence we could have debated it.

That is why I posted a mindless and defamatory statement in response. If you go back up to the original post, you will it closely mirrored the defamatory nature, phrasing, and stupidity of the original post.

If you need any help in the journey to comprehension, please let me know

by Anonymousreply 162December 2, 2022 7:26 PM

Girls, girls! Remember this is a royal thread so show some decorum!

by Anonymousreply 163December 2, 2022 7:28 PM

R163 - Remember this is the DataLounge where decorum, polite societal behavior and respect for posters with differing opinions is outlawed!

by Anonymousreply 164December 2, 2022 7:32 PM

Biden and Caroline Kennedy are hanging around with Prince William in Boston. Meghan must be apoplectic.

by Anonymousreply 165December 2, 2022 7:44 PM

R153 William is really charming in that clip - clever and quick-witted. Good. He'll need that.

I had the impression he was quite austere, having not paid much attention to the BRF lately - or like, ever. (If I were a Brit, I'd be anti-monarchy, but now I feel a bit guilty about that because he's quite a charmer. I like Kate, too. Quiet, sweet, a bit nervous - I sympathize)

Camilla seems like a good old goat too - but I'm not too sure about Charles. Happy about his environmentalism though, but not sure he can make much difference. Still, can't hurt.

These two over here, omg they're awful. But it's mostly her fault. I hope to watch her downfall.

by Anonymousreply 166December 2, 2022 7:51 PM

^ 😂 Show us on the doll where "These two over here" hurt you... Right after you feed your 20 cats

by Anonymousreply 167December 2, 2022 7:57 PM

Kate looks STUNNING tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168December 2, 2022 8:58 PM

I'd have liked a darker green but maybe that shade has some special significance.

She's always elegant - like a supermodel. But again, a bit more volume in the dress wouldn't hurt, it seems to cling to her bra, her very slight tummy below her waist. God I'm turning into Zac Posen. I wish!

by Anonymousreply 169December 2, 2022 9:07 PM

Wow r162, talk about proving my point…

by Anonymousreply 170December 2, 2022 9:08 PM

The green dress is a rental.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171December 2, 2022 9:13 PM

R162. I don’t think anyone knows what your point is.

by Anonymousreply 172December 2, 2022 9:18 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173December 2, 2022 9:18 PM

Are you American, r143?

by Anonymousreply 174December 2, 2022 9:30 PM

I think the green screen dress was a choice. The memes will keep them in the news for days and make her even more iconic. TQ also had a green screen dress moment that the world had fun with.

by Anonymousreply 175December 2, 2022 9:34 PM

Wait now. Is Catherine sporting Diana's emeralds?

by Anonymousreply 176December 2, 2022 9:39 PM

Yes R176. The very same.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177December 2, 2022 9:43 PM

Aww Sparkles must be frothing right about now.

by Anonymousreply 178December 2, 2022 9:45 PM

Oh those emeralds are instantly recognizable. Diana wore that choker multiple times, in official portraits and most memorably as a headband for a gala dinner in Australia. Megs must be going apeshit.

by Anonymousreply 179December 2, 2022 9:48 PM

Whenever I think of Boston I can't help but think about this commercial 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180December 2, 2022 9:51 PM

R143. You like the article because you enjoy its stupidity?

by Anonymousreply 181December 2, 2022 10:10 PM

This is why Megzilla has fucked herself. She'll never compete with Kate and she can't target her either. Kate has the upper hand in every respect.

by Anonymousreply 182December 2, 2022 10:36 PM

^ Nah, Megs is "straight out of Compton" there are ways of dealing with the likes of little Miss Middleclass 😬

by Anonymousreply 183December 2, 2022 11:01 PM

I love how thin and elegant Kate is. She's old school, which is appreciated in our current cultural landscape of famous people who are complete and total trash.

by Anonymousreply 184December 2, 2022 11:25 PM

Kate in the Back Bay.

Meghan in the back fat.

by Anonymousreply 185December 2, 2022 11:40 PM

@r184, "I love how thin and elegant Kate is. She's old school, which is appreciated in our current cultural landscape of famous people who are complete and total trash. "

Trashy old drunk, don't you mean? 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186December 2, 2022 11:56 PM

Everyone likes a gal who can hold her booze...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187December 2, 2022 11:59 PM

@r185, "Meghan in the back fat. "

And Kate with the butt crack... Classy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188December 3, 2022 12:02 AM

Biden is a pedophile and national embarrassment r132. About to get brought up on charges its looking like.

by Anonymousreply 189December 3, 2022 12:14 AM

OMG when Kate was in her early 20s she went out and got shitfaced with her friends! Do some of you live in a convent?

by Anonymousreply 190December 3, 2022 12:18 AM

Between the engagement and the wedding, Kate had extensive dental reconstruction work done in France.

by Anonymousreply 191December 3, 2022 12:21 AM

How's that eating disorder coming along? No wonder Will cheats, it's like fucking a clothe's pin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192December 3, 2022 12:23 AM

Kate is everything. Nothing more need be said.

by Anonymousreply 193December 3, 2022 12:24 AM

More people should have eating disorders, there are so many fat disgusting slobs around. Kate's weight used to be rather common amongst women.

by Anonymousreply 194December 3, 2022 12:28 AM

Agreed, R193. Nothing any of the sad Sussex squaddies can say or post here matters because there she was tonight, absolute graceful perfection in that dress, in those iconic emeralds, the crowds cheering and flashbulbs popping. Kate outclasses Meghan with zero effort, just by existing.

Stay pressed, eating disorder trolls. Your girl will never, ever have a moment like Catherine had tonight (and will have in the future) - and the whole world knows it's all she wants.

by Anonymousreply 195December 3, 2022 12:31 AM

Hey! How about some drinks back here for your future Queen of Everything

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196December 3, 2022 12:31 AM

Showing Kate as unsophisticated in her twenties to excuse Meghan still being tacky and unsophisticated in her forties is not the winning argument you think it is.

by Anonymousreply 197December 3, 2022 12:31 AM

Both of these couples suck. Why the obsession over either of them? It baffles me.

by Anonymousreply 198December 3, 2022 12:33 AM

^I forgot both sides employ bots. BOTH SIDES.

by Anonymousreply 199December 3, 2022 12:34 AM

Love giving the folks a little beaver shot..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200December 3, 2022 12:35 AM

r180, it's a classic, and is no exaggeration.

My pahtnuh lives there, surrounded by what seems like 100's of siblings and cousins in a two-mile radius and some who live in rural Maine. When I first met my future in-laws while visiting, it felt like I was having an out of body experience. At times, I honestly could only understand 50% of some conversations and needed him to translate because they talk so fast and I was too busy cracking up inside to keep up with the topic. At one point my partner had to elbow me when the conversation was about an old uncle who had a heart attack while shoveling snow, with every cliche about hockey, the Pats, Dunk's, lobstah prices at Mahkit Baskit stores, Rotaries, Catholicism, wakes, getting drunk, etc. woven in. Every other word is fuckin and wicked. I almost lost it and had to got outside to compose myself. Fortunately, they're all liberal, educated (state schools, not Ivy!), and love me. The feeling is mutual.

Meanwhile, I can't imagine that they'd give a flying fuck about the royals being there unless it is affecting traffic!

by Anonymousreply 201December 3, 2022 12:35 AM

Girls, this is how you catch a prince...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202December 3, 2022 12:38 AM

r201 the people you describe aren't the whole population of Boston.

by Anonymousreply 203December 3, 2022 12:38 AM

Who keeps posting these supposed derogatory photos of Kate? She looks fabulous in every single one.

by Anonymousreply 204December 3, 2022 12:46 AM

Don't you dare take my picture when I'm hungover and dressed like a chav...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205December 3, 2022 12:51 AM

r203, I do realize that, but love encountering these situations, and accidentally struck gold with this family because I love accents. My bf lived in California for many years, but had to move back. He's very self-aware about his accent when he visits me and my friends out here and attempts to completely suppress it, which is hilarious.

Diversity is more fun than heterogeneity.

The concept of pompous, subtle, reserved Brits visiting in-your-face Boston of all places is pretty zany. I mean, the sense of local pride, history, and tourism is all about having kicked the English monarchy out!

by Anonymousreply 206December 3, 2022 1:06 AM

Kate has no shape whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 207December 3, 2022 1:13 AM

Stunning Kate delivered the ultimate mic drop.

by Anonymousreply 208December 3, 2022 1:15 AM

Putin won't be the only one with problems to solve after Kate's triumph tonight.

You know whatever Markle had picked is going back to the store. Luckily she never takes the tags off anything. And whatever replaces it will be the usual disaster. Such a shame Mr. Blackwell is dead.

by Anonymousreply 209December 3, 2022 1:19 AM

Was not a big fan of Kate, but man she is [bold] stunning [/bold] tonight. With this and her Bond Premiere Gold Dress, she is knocking it out of the park.

Pure class and elegance.

by Anonymousreply 210December 3, 2022 1:19 AM

Whoever the troll is that is posting these endearing photos of Kate in her younger years is completely missing the point. The photos simply depict a young woman through her discovery years, a time to sow her oats so to speak. And what really comes to the forefront is how through those years, she found who she was and as such matured along a normal arc to who she is now, a powerful woman in her own right as a wife, mother, Princess, and future Queen.

Meanwhile, there is no need to reach back in time for photos of Meghan to see her maturity arc, to see that her life circumstances have left her an emotionally arrested woman in her 40's harbouring a delusional self-image of superiority, without a trace of a selflessness, still raging with envy, still striking back at the Hollywood 'that did her wrong', all the while wrapped up in smarm and insincerity. She thinks she's giving the performance of her life, but sadly for her and unfortunately unlike truly great actors, the whole world never can forget who she is despite trying to mug out some Mother Theresa image.

by Anonymousreply 211December 3, 2022 1:25 AM

You're right, R207. No shape at all. Nope. None. Oh...wait...

(I mean really, of all the criticisms to come from a Meghan Markle fan, you might find "no shape" is the very last one you should be lobbing)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212December 3, 2022 1:34 AM

That's just a camera angle. And no Meghan doesn't have a great body, but neither does Kate. Her calves are bigger than her thighs...no hips or bust. Maybe Wills married her because having sex with her reminded him of his frottage sessions at university.

by Anonymousreply 213December 3, 2022 1:41 AM

[quote](I mean really, of all the criticisms to come from a Meghan Markle fan, you might find "no shape" is the very last one you should be lobbing)

In that case, Kate will never top Meghan's Spongebob.

by Anonymousreply 214December 3, 2022 1:45 AM

Kate has curves. Meghan does not: see SpongeBob square cartoon.

by Anonymousreply 215December 3, 2022 1:47 AM

I like thin, but she is too thin at this point. 5-10 pounds would look great on her. Her face definitely looks refreshed and that’s a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 216December 3, 2022 1:47 AM

Notice waist, hips, breasts on Catherine.

In contrast to Meg who is square or rectangular. This photo really highlights the difference b/t the two with the same colour dress. Also it was before Meg became Fat Markle…..which has only accentuated her lack of shape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217December 3, 2022 1:52 AM

Kate has curvy hair...LOL and aren't those extensions?

by Anonymousreply 218December 3, 2022 1:52 AM

They looked fantastic!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219December 3, 2022 2:20 AM

Kate looks good but something about her face is different. Maybe just her makeup? I think it's mostly her eyes.

by Anonymousreply 220December 3, 2022 2:33 AM

R217 Kate is wearing a girdle squeezed so tight she can't breathe, whereas Megan is relaxed and has no problems with oxygen.

by Anonymousreply 221December 3, 2022 2:34 AM

Well, that's the beauty of wearing elasticized waists. Lucky Tomeghan... daddy's big little girl.

by Anonymousreply 222December 3, 2022 2:36 AM

R220, her hair looks darker and it seems slightly flattened on the one side. Plus the palette is very unified: green dress, green eyes, brown eye shadow, brown hair. But i agree she looks a bit different.

I wish William, would learn to button his damn jacket.

by Anonymousreply 223December 3, 2022 2:38 AM

[quote] Kate looks good but something about her face is different. Maybe just her makeup? I think it's mostly her eyes.

Fillers. She had jowls, but her face looks fuller and rounder here. She also has better make-up, no heavy lack eyeliner in the waterline. Softer blush also. She should stick with this make-up artist. Facially she looks better than she has in a long time. Hair, too.

by Anonymousreply 224December 3, 2022 2:45 AM

Black^

by Anonymousreply 225December 3, 2022 2:46 AM

It's bone structure. Kate's got great structure. Meghan doesn't have no bone structure. Nobody wants to look at whalebone structure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226December 3, 2022 2:53 AM

Wills and Biden was the money shot.

by Anonymousreply 227December 3, 2022 2:55 AM

Kate’s arse in the fluoro green rented dress looks amazing. Coupled with those sapphires in Queen Mary’s choker (circa 1893) and the fact that nothing more was needed - girlfriend knocked it out of the park.

by Anonymousreply 228December 3, 2022 3:02 AM

Queen Mary’s choker! Boo yah bish!

by Anonymousreply 229December 3, 2022 3:03 AM

I love that the value of the choker is more than the Montecito mansion.

All H&M did was make the PPoW trip intriguing and dramatic. I watched a ton of shit to see how they'd be received, what their moods were, how successful this would be despite the bombs being lobbed.

It was a really fun three days of royal watching.

by Anonymousreply 230December 3, 2022 3:16 AM

Has anybody asked if Meghan's OK?

by Anonymousreply 231December 3, 2022 3:19 AM

Kate is obviously fake, puts on a good show now that she is married to William, but it's obvious, it's all an act. She keeps her true personality under wraps, because it isn't pretty.

by Anonymousreply 232December 3, 2022 3:36 AM

Well, Meghan can't even fake it so I guess Kate wins there too.

by Anonymousreply 233December 3, 2022 3:50 AM

The Queen Mary choker is glorious and very few women could pull off that style.

But I have to say, I think the green dress is hideous and cheap-looking. It’s a size too small, on Kate who is whippet-thin. Strange choice.

by Anonymousreply 234December 3, 2022 3:54 AM

[quote]Has anybody asked if Meghan's OK?

I imagine her neutered husband is asking her, R231. Repeatedly, nervously, and with a trembling voice.

by Anonymousreply 235December 3, 2022 4:05 AM

When ABC reported on Caroline Kennedy and her son Jack meeting William & Kate, they described it as royalty meets American royalty. They too, know the Kennedys are still America's royal family.

by Anonymousreply 236December 3, 2022 4:05 AM

[quote] [R217] Kate is wearing a girdle squeezed so tight she can't breathe, whereas Megan is relaxed and has no problems with oxygen.

Please. Grasping at straws here, R221. Kate’s shoulders, breasts, waist, hips and legs are emphasized in the photo. A “girdle”, doesn’t extend from the shoulders to legs. Bone up on your female anatomy.

Plus Kate looks far more relaxed than Rachel.

[quote] Kate is obviously fake, puts on a good show now that she is married to William, but it's obvious, it's all an act. She keeps her true personality under wraps, because it isn't pretty.

What is Kate’s “true personality”, R232? Receipts, please.

by Anonymousreply 237December 3, 2022 4:10 AM

[Has anyone asked if Meghan is okay?]

Right now Harry is staring up at the ceiling as Meghan sits beside a white orchid and cries that it isn't fair.

by Anonymousreply 238December 3, 2022 4:10 AM

The "Kate is secretly a total bitch behind closed doors" trolls are the same as the "Meghan's children are actually dolls" trolls. There is ZERO proof of either of these things (and quite a bit of proof of the opposite), and you are insane if you believe either one.

Also re: girdles, the antiKates need to pick a lane. Does she have an eating disorder or is she wearing a full body girdle?

Truth is girl is fit AS FUCK and looks like hot shit in almost anything.

by Anonymousreply 239December 3, 2022 4:15 AM

Still r236?? They NEVER were. Jackie's kids weren't too bad, but the rest of them are almost entirely trash. Like real, corrupt, murdering trash.

by Anonymousreply 240December 3, 2022 4:20 AM

If Kate was an utter bitch we'd have heard it by now. In reality, Kate has had the same support staff since she married William, unlike Meghan who goes through staff almost weekly. I'm sure Kate has fussy moments but by all accounts she's actually a low-key introvert with her feet solidly on the ground. She's been a success (Like Prince Philip and the Queen were) because she knows the interest in her comes solely from the being a member of the royal family and not for herself.

by Anonymousreply 241December 3, 2022 4:25 AM

R234, That shade of green would not be flattering on anyone.

by Anonymousreply 242December 3, 2022 8:02 AM

Had the dress been an emerald green, it would have been far more flattering.

by Anonymousreply 243December 3, 2022 8:16 AM

I'm not a fan of neon colors so hate the dress's color, but the cut and drape fit her exquisitely.

by Anonymousreply 244December 3, 2022 12:53 PM

Love the dress, the rental of it, and the color matching the subject matter. Well done the both of them all around, and congrats to the winning recipients.

by Anonymousreply 245December 3, 2022 12:57 PM

Some of the Kennedys, R236. The second tier and below Kennedys are all fucked up, entitled trash, like DUI Korry and her cunt mother Ethel.

by Anonymousreply 246December 3, 2022 1:37 PM

R241 You're right! In fact, some of the recent biographies of Meghan & Catherine that have come out have claimed that one of Meghan's underlying issues with C was that C was hugely popular among royal household staff (all of all the royal households not just at Kensington) because she was very personable with staff. In the staff's eyes, Kate could do no wrong. Allegedly, it came to a head when C reportedly called Meghan out for being rude to royal staff (something the late Queen allegedly also did to Meghan prior to the marriage).

In related news, people are twitter are reporting that Meghan and Harry have lost more staff again, including someone who used to work for the Obamas.

by Anonymousreply 247December 3, 2022 7:00 PM

The point about bone schtrucschure schays it all!

by Anonymousreply 248December 3, 2022 8:24 PM

Yup, the head of Archiewell wiped all Harkle tweets from her account. But that doesn't mean much, right?

by Anonymousreply 249December 3, 2022 8:46 PM

R249, it doesn’t mean much without details. Who are you taking about?

by Anonymousreply 250December 3, 2022 8:56 PM

R259 They are referring to Mandana Dayani who was hired as the COO of Archewell in 2021 but appears to have recently left. She originally deleted Archewell from her LinkedIn but just put it back listing has having left.

by Anonymousreply 251December 3, 2022 9:39 PM

R251 It's not just Mandana ... it appears the whole production side of Archewell either left or was left go in the last few days.

by Anonymousreply 252December 3, 2022 9:43 PM

If it's so it won't take long to be confirmed. It's hard to imagine the Sussexes command much loyalty or affection as employers.

Count on the Maul. If war really has been declared, it's going to be between more than just two opposing the Yorks and the Lancasters.

by Anonymousreply 253December 3, 2022 10:19 PM

The gossip guy on Daily Beast was posting about Kate today. He went to Eton with William and Harry and knows all their friends (well, all Harry's FORMER friends). He said a friend of his dated Kate when she was at Marlborough. He said Kate and her whole family and incredibly, incredibly nice, kind and boring! So I'm afraid that's her real personality. I imagine meeting a family full of nice, kind and boring people was a great relief to William after his fraught years with his nutty mother and grumpy father.

by Anonymousreply 254December 3, 2022 11:31 PM

Meg could put on that green dress and wear the shit out of it. She would look so much better than Kate.

by Anonymousreply 255December 3, 2022 11:49 PM

I'm so glad for Kate's Early Years initiative. My youngest niece is a speech therapist and was thrilled to learn what Kate was doing. Even though we're in a different country, what the UK is doing in this area will only help us. After working with young children (and dealing with their parents), my niece found it reassuring that such a public figure is promoting the importance of the cause.

It's also great that William has the Earthshot Prize. Living in Australia, the prospect of a heating world is a scary one. It would be fantastic if the EP would find and endorse someone who could find a feasible way to restore the Ozone layer before the 2060s.

The Invictus Games is also a noble initiative, but I find it disappointing that H and M are shown in promotions for Dusseldorf. Surely the PR could be more about the athletes and their sacrifice, struggles and achievements? The press will mainly focus on H and M anyway, but wouldn't most people actually following the games also be interested in the athletes?

I just don't see how H and M playing table tennis is relevant to the Games. It seems a very Hollywood way of promoting them. Making their first debut as a couple also took attention away from the athletes. Maybe they thought they were drawing attention to the games but it didn't work out that way. Given the damage done to their own reputations by revelations (many proven to be untrue or questionable) on Oprah, etc, it just seems like it's for their own PR rehab. I can't take the two of them seriously and wish someone else was promoting the games. That Harry was known as Bunker Harry in Afghanistan doesn't help.

by Anonymousreply 256December 4, 2022 12:03 AM

Tom Sykes from Daily Beast gets raked over the coals by Klan Grannies whenever he delves into things they don’t like (like the Rose rumors), but he really is the most accurate I’ve read of all the BRF news sources. He seems to tell it like it is regardless of who it pisses off.

by Anonymousreply 257December 4, 2022 12:03 AM

Duchess Backfat!

by Anonymousreply 258December 4, 2022 12:13 AM

She tried a failed in that green at the Commonwealth Service. Joan Collins and Spanx. If anyone thinks Kate can't deliver a fuck you, think again. Unlike Megaloma, she does it selectively and successfully.

by Anonymousreply 259December 4, 2022 12:30 AM

R258, that red dress (and her in it) will live on in infamy. If only Joan Rivers could have seen it, and the obnoxious behaviour that night.

by Anonymousreply 260December 4, 2022 6:50 AM

What makes me laugh is that she thought she was hot shit in it, r260.

by Anonymousreply 261December 4, 2022 8:19 AM

He's been a Meghan sycophant from day one r257. He's famous for it.

by Anonymousreply 262December 4, 2022 9:00 AM

Exactly, r261. Only a very confident woman would wear a dress like that. Unfortunately for her, it showed of her tan lines, her back fat and non-existant chest. Even the shoes didn't match and pulling her hair back showed off her double chin.

R262, r257 is a sugar I've had blocked for a while. They have nothing bad to say against La Markle.

by Anonymousreply 263December 4, 2022 10:34 AM

Some flirting is going on...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264December 4, 2022 2:49 PM

R264 What I noticed on their visit to Boston was the W&K were much more affectionate with each other than they usually are on public engagements. William kept putting his hand on Kate's back & on the green carpet at the Earthshot Prize, there are numerous photos of Kate resting her hand on William's butt.

Also my respect for Kate has skyrocketed after she wore that choker Diana once wore that is valued at the same price as H&M's mansion. Such a brilliant and regal middle finger to her sister-in-law LOL.

by Anonymousreply 265December 4, 2022 4:51 PM

R262 not really. Sykes is very, very sly and most of his grenades go over the heads of Meghan's dumb fangirls.

I love the fact more is leaking now. How Harry would call the Queen all the time begging for money and she would tell him "talk to your father". Then he would whine Charles refused to take his calls and only wanted to correspond with him through email. The Queen asked Charles why he wouldn't take Harry's calls. Charles: "because I am not a bank".

This whole story is due to the fact Harry and Meghan thought they'd be billionaires in sunny California and it turned out they were only paltry millionaires, incapable of competing in the social/financial class they hoped to and Meghan incapable of attracting the Hollywood A+ listers who had always snubbed her.

by Anonymousreply 266December 4, 2022 6:44 PM

R265, Meghan wanted to pry one of the choker’s emeralds for her engagement ring?

by Anonymousreply 267December 4, 2022 6:46 PM

R266, Netflix reportedly paid them $100 million for the documentary.

No wonder Netflix bombards my Inbox with eMails begging me to renew my subscription.

by Anonymousreply 268December 4, 2022 6:48 PM

R268 I think we can safely say the $100 million is total bullshit. They probably got a modest advance and of course all the money Netflix paid out wouldn't go to them but to all the people they hired to actually make the reality TV show. And they can stop saying it's a "documentary". It's Kardashian/Real Housewife territory.

The Scientific Advisory Board at Netflix has lodged a complaint about the trailer being released timed to detract from the Earthshot Prize. Looks like Netflix is up Shit Creek with only Meghan to paddle... Netflix shot its wad with this and destroyed the rep they hoped to build as an important source of environmental documentaries.

by Anonymousreply 269December 4, 2022 6:53 PM

I doubt they got that much. Not to mention that Netflix had to hire actual executive producers (Diamond Docs) to produce the thing. Archewell studios, Archewell audio is all just a name. They don't actually produce anything themselves. It all has to be outsourced. I can't imagine there is much money left after that.

by Anonymousreply 270December 4, 2022 6:53 PM

I assume they're panicking because after their reality TV show and Harry's book (he will have 'written' one more book than he ever read), they don't have anything else. Finito.

by Anonymousreply 271December 4, 2022 6:56 PM

R271, They have each other.

by Anonymousreply 272December 4, 2022 6:59 PM

R271 giggle

by Anonymousreply 273December 4, 2022 7:01 PM

At least they are trying to earn a living.

by Anonymousreply 274December 4, 2022 7:25 PM

Yes really r266. I've been speaking out against her since fall 2016 and he has been one of her top sycophants long term. Go back and check again.

by Anonymousreply 275December 4, 2022 8:02 PM

Grifting to "earn" a living.

by Anonymousreply 276December 4, 2022 10:44 PM

Tom Sykes doesn't always publish sympathetic articles - but he mostly does. His worst are pure sugar.

by Anonymousreply 277December 4, 2022 11:09 PM

R246, Hardly surprising that a you can't even get Kerry's name straight.

by Anonymousreply 278December 4, 2022 11:51 PM

How sad that two brothers who blamed the media for their mother’s death now use it against each other.

by Anonymousreply 279December 5, 2022 12:00 AM

Nobody's "sad" at this point except you. More like hugely relieved the little prick is Overseas. Godspeed and good luck to ya, happy to see the back of ya.

by Anonymousreply 280December 5, 2022 12:06 AM

William has never said or done anything against Harry, r279. All the accusations and spite come from Harry's side.

by Anonymousreply 281December 5, 2022 12:07 PM

R281 - William and Harry deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 282December 6, 2022 12:27 PM

Of course they deserve each other and are forever bound to each other, r282, they're brothers. Harry needs to remember that.

by Anonymousreply 283December 6, 2022 12:29 PM

William may have never said or done anything against Harry, but we are constantly reminded here that everything Catherine wears is to drive Meghan further into crazytown (Diana’s jewelry, the same colors and styles Meghan has worn, etc). That may not be William’s idea, but I can’t imagine he is oblivious to it. And I write this as someone who can’t stand the Harkles and admires the Waleses probably more than many here do. As for sadness—at least Charles, as a father, must be extremely disappointed that his only two children no longer speak to each other.

by Anonymousreply 284December 6, 2022 11:13 PM

I think it would be a mistake to believe that Catherine a)wouldn't be wearing more serious jewels these days anyway, especially those once worn by her late MIL, even in a situation where Meghan and harry never got together and b)is petty enough to be making decisions about her wardrobe and jewels at major events based on the psychodrama in California. In no way does C seem like the kind of person who takes that kind of situation into consideration.

by Anonymousreply 285December 6, 2022 11:48 PM

People speculate that Meghan is driven crazy by what Catherine wears. There’s no evidence Catherine thinks about this. It’s much more likely that she’s concerned about looking her best, dressing appropriately, and avoiding public criticism.

by Anonymousreply 286December 6, 2022 11:51 PM

Also, we talk a lot of shit here, convincingly in many cases. But we don't really know that Kate is trolling Megantoinette by clothing.

by Anonymousreply 287December 6, 2022 11:53 PM

Only if Kate appears in public in a green cape, sporting a price tag attached to her dress, displaying artificially created sweet stains, or wearing a ratty wig will I believe she is designing to troll Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 288December 6, 2022 11:57 PM

Uh, that’s ‘linty weave’, r288…

by Anonymousreply 289December 7, 2022 12:36 AM

No r284, Kate doesn't wear the royal family jewellery that Diana herself only wore because she married Charles. Kate wears it because she is married to the heir to throne and will be Queen one day. The famous green emerald choker was not Diana's: it belongs to the royal collection, and is conventionally worn by the Queen or Princess of Wales (i.e. future Queen). The late Queen granted use of it to Diana. As for colours and styles, there are limited colours and styles. If Kate and Meghan wear the same colours and styles occasionally it's because they're both 40-something women attending formal events. When Kate was wearing green in Boston, it was to emphasise the environmental nature of the event.

I'm surprised you're not complaining that Kate has stolen Diana's title of Princess of Wales solely to drive Harry and Meghan crazy.

You really do need to grow up. Is this really the kind of nonsense that the William bashers are basing their opinions on?

by Anonymousreply 290December 7, 2022 8:32 AM

R290. Agreed. As if Meghan chose her dress only after seeing what Catherine worse a few days ago. I realise the tailoring makes that seem plausible, but it isn’t.

by Anonymousreply 291December 7, 2022 8:39 AM

Meghan's off shoulder number is almost ok. I liked the overhead shot from above on the Maul cover... BUT that box shape of hers, in the closeup, straight-on. Ugh. She's just about hopeless. Needs some serious advice but would never take it. Maybe always a jacket? or maybe Empire styling - probably out of style but what can you do with a waistless one?

I'm sort of interested in how their pariah status wears on them. Still expecting an explosive divorce. If you can't win - blow everything up, right Megs? If you've done it once, you've done it a thousand times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292December 7, 2022 8:52 AM

R292, Meghan looked like she grabbed one of their hotel’s bath towels and wrapped it around her.

by Anonymousreply 293December 7, 2022 10:45 AM

Does Meghan wear white to remind us that she’s half black?

by Anonymousreply 294December 7, 2022 10:47 AM

Louis Vuitton should pay her NOT to wear their clothes. She devalues the brand. And anyone who wanted rugs by Hermes after seeing Markle's in the trailer is trash.

by Anonymousreply 295December 7, 2022 11:37 AM

I thought Meghan looked great in the white dress. I was disappointed not to get a closer shot of Diana’s cocktail ring.

Kate also looked great in the sparkly red number and the more delicate tiara, although the hair was a bit much.

*shrug*

by Anonymousreply 296December 7, 2022 11:44 AM

r290, I’m not a William basher. I’m not complaining about anything he and Kate have done. I know most of the jewelry Kate wears does not belong to her and did not belong to Diana. I didn’t post that the choices the Waleses have made are meant to hurt the Harkles—I’m questioning those who have made such claims. As stated, I can’t stand Harry and Meghan. And I’m all grown up, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 297December 7, 2022 3:27 PM

[quote]but we are constantly reminded here that everything Catherine wears is to drive Meghan further into crazytown

Anybody that believes Catherine makes most of the jewelry decisions for big events is quite deluded. I suppose she could oppose a certain piece, but would likely be presented with another piece relevant to the event and her outfit as opposed to her opening some little jewel box on her kept in the top drawer of her nightstand. There are political overtones to a substantial amount of the Crown jewels and they are treated with their due respect.

by Anonymousreply 298December 7, 2022 4:53 PM

as above, Catherine does not just attend an event, she is 'presented' appropriately to represent the circumstances of the event and to represent her government

by Anonymousreply 299December 7, 2022 4:58 PM

If Louis Vuitton's paying her to betray their clothing line, their money might be better invested in getting her to model suitcases which better fit her body type.

by Anonymousreply 300December 7, 2022 5:00 PM

R296 The hair was fucking fantastic! Go big or go home. The guests wanted a princess, and they got a princess, all tall, lithe and gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 301December 7, 2022 5:28 PM

It is literally posters like R300 that keep me coming back to Datalounge. Thanks for the laugh, I needed it.

by Anonymousreply 302December 7, 2022 5:51 PM

briefcase, suitcase, whatever; I've got experience!

by Anonymousreply 303December 7, 2022 6:04 PM

So Kate is 5'9 and William is 6'3 (according to Google). Charles only 5'10. If for nothing else - Diana was valuable in producing tall, imperial looking sons. Well, one of them, anyway. Poor Harry and his balding - could anything be done about it? Aren't their hair transplants or Rogaine? Or maybe if he actually went bald, it would look better than the scraggles.

by Anonymousreply 304December 7, 2022 6:08 PM

* oh dear -- sorry -- Aren't THERE hair transplants or Rogaine...

by Anonymousreply 305December 7, 2022 6:09 PM

He needs to shave the whole lot off, and the beard, work out and lose the double chin, gut and moobs.

by Anonymousreply 306December 7, 2022 11:08 PM

William is hot - total BDE. I’d fuck him into next week.

by Anonymousreply 307December 8, 2022 3:18 AM

Big Willy is a stud; so mature and confident.

by Anonymousreply 308December 8, 2022 5:07 PM

William has beautiful skin.

by Anonymousreply 309December 8, 2022 5:13 PM

i want them to double penetrate me.

by Anonymousreply 310December 8, 2022 7:31 PM

Harry may be going bald, but at least he is not COMPLETELY bald like William.

by Anonymousreply 311December 10, 2022 3:28 AM

R311 he will be in a year. It's odd they both got the male pattern baldness gene. Charles still has hair, his father had hair for a long time, Andrew has hair only Edward's balding. Charles Spencer has hair so did his father. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 312December 10, 2022 4:26 AM

William is in shape. Harry isn't. Also, William has a significantly more handsome face. Harry is ugly and always seems to be scowling. William is also clearly more intelligent and can actually fly helicopters on his own. The Harry image as a senior royal was built on nothing but PR. Maybe some women and gay men thought he was a dream catch then, but I doubt many do now.

by Anonymousreply 313December 10, 2022 5:10 AM

Its so obvious, those that say William is better looking than Harry or complement William, but disparage Harry are biased because they hate Meghan and Harry , DUH!

by Anonymousreply 314December 10, 2022 11:41 PM

R314 William doesn't look like a ferret.

by Anonymousreply 315December 11, 2022 12:04 AM

We didn't get a closer shot because that's not Diana's ring r296.

by Anonymousreply 316December 11, 2022 12:04 AM

R311, When they were seated in the back of the vehicle and Harry turned his head, his oncoming baldness was quite evident.

by Anonymousreply 317December 11, 2022 1:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!