Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Senior Member of King Charles' Team Resigns Following Racism Allegations at Palace Event

One of King Charles III's top team members at the palace has resigned after claims of racism were made against her by a guest who attended a Buckingham Palace reception to combat violence against women on Tuesday.

Domestic abuse activist Ngozi Fulani says she was repeatedly asked racially-loaded questions about her heritage and background by the palace aide at the reception, which was hosted by Queen Camilla.

In a statement, Buckingham Palace said the member of the royal household has resigned and apologized after "unacceptable and deeply regrettable comments" were made.

Outlining the full conversation on Twitter, Fulani, who was born in Britain and attended the event on behalf of Sistah Space — a support group for African and Caribbean women affected by abuse — claimed she was asked questions like "what nationality are you?" "where do you really come from?" "where do your people come from?" and "what part of Africa are you from?"

The courtier has not been named by Buckingham Palace, but her name has been widely reported on social media.

"We take this incident extremely seriously and have investigated immediately to establish the full details," a Buckingham Palace spokesperson said on Wednesday.

"In this instance, unacceptable and deeply regrettable comments have been made," the statement continued. "We have reached out to Ngozi Fulani on this matter, and are inviting her to discuss all elements of her experience in person if she wishes.

"In the meantime, the individual concerned would like to express her profound apologies for the hurt caused and has stepped aside from her honorary role with immediate effect. All members of the Household are being reminded of the diversity and inclusivity policies which they are required to uphold at all times."

The racism allegations come as Prince William and Kate Middleton travel to Boston on Wednesday for three days of events leading up to William's Earthshot Prize awards ceremony on Friday evening.

In a statement Wednesday, a spokesman for the Prince and Princess of Wales said: "I was really disappointed to hear about the guest's experience. Racism has no place in our society. These comments were unacceptable and it's right that the individual has stepped aside with immediate effect."

Fulani attended Queen Camilla's palace event to highlight the campaign against domestic and sexual abuse of women. Fulani was invited by Safe Lives, one of the charities Camilla, 75, has long supported.

Following the event, Camilla issued a rare personal tweet on the royal family's Twitter account.

"Today, a remarkable group of people gathered at Buckingham Palace with one aim – to see the end of violence against women and girls. I was deeply moved and inspired by their stories. With determination and courage, we will see the end of these heinous crimes forever," she said, signing the message from "Camilla R," standing for the Latin word for queen, "Regina."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386December 17, 2022 1:34 AM

I told you so.

by Anonymousreply 1November 30, 2022 10:00 PM

Worse than Princess Michael of Kent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 30, 2022 10:01 PM

Mein Lord Protector.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 30, 2022 10:01 PM

I don't see the problem.

by Anonymousreply 4November 30, 2022 10:03 PM

I love how every article about her, refers to her as "Prince William's Godmother."

GUILTY by association!!

by Anonymousreply 5November 30, 2022 10:08 PM

[quote] every article about her, refers to her as "Prince William's Godmother."

Even though she was just one of six godparents.

by Anonymousreply 6November 30, 2022 10:11 PM

[quote] "what nationality are you?" "where do you really come from?" "where do your people come from?" and "what part of Africa are you from?"

How are any of those questions "racist"? You can't ask where somone is from anymore?

by Anonymousreply 7November 30, 2022 10:15 PM

Haha... this story is PLASTERED all over the American media outlets.

Meghan is vindicated.

The BRF is full of racist cunts!

by Anonymousreply 8November 30, 2022 10:16 PM

R7 Oh please, as if there can’t be condescending racism in those questions.

by Anonymousreply 9November 30, 2022 10:17 PM

r7 She literally told her she was born in the UK, yet she kept asking her where she was from. If you don't find anything wrong with that, you just might be a horrible person fit for a meatgrinder.

by Anonymousreply 10November 30, 2022 10:18 PM

Two ugly people

by Anonymousreply 11November 30, 2022 10:18 PM

Aristocrat version:

Where's your money from?

Family business

Where's it really from?

Great grandfather was an entrepreneur.

What did he really do? Was it slaves?

Yes. Slaves.

We got there in the end!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 30, 2022 10:21 PM

The black bitch is a sMEGstan. Nothing's wrong about being asked about where one's family was originally from. People of Chinese extraction get asked all the time, whether they are Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien, or Teochew. This black bitch just made a moutain out of a molehill.

by Anonymousreply 13November 30, 2022 10:31 PM

Ching Chong, R13.

Disgusting squid.

by Anonymousreply 14November 30, 2022 11:05 PM

Also, she was the liaison assigned to Meghan to help her “assimilate” into the royal family.

You know they got rid of her because they are shitting their pants.

I hope Harry’s book just goes completely ham on them all.

by Anonymousreply 15December 1, 2022 12:08 AM

This bitch has GOT to be a Datalounger:

[quote] Buckingham Palace staffer who resigned over racist comments once reportedly said Harry and Meghan's marriage would 'end in tears'

Lady Susan Hussey, the Buckingham Palace staff member who resigned after making "unacceptable" comments this week, once reportedly criticized Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's relationship.

Hussey — who is also the godmother of Prince William and was one of Queen Elizabeth's closest confidantes — was quoted in Tom Bower's 2022 biography, "Revenge: Meghan, Harry and the War Between the Windsors."

Bower said Hussey was having lunch with a group of theater executives and directors in 2017 when the topic turned to Markle.

Hussey "became unexpectedly serious about the couple's future," Bower wrote, before telling the directors "that will all end in tears, mark my words."

Bower also wrote that Queen Elizabeth handpicked Hussey to visit Markle and give her "help and advice" for adjusting to royal life.

Following the book's release in July, Bower was criticized by some who were quoted in the biography, claiming he had lied about Markle. Meanwhile, Bower made his own opinions about the Duchess of Sussex well-known, telling Piers Morgan in a July interview that she was doing "something quite dreadful to Britain."

Buckingham Palace never commented on Bower's story about Hussey, and earlier this week it was announced that she would retain her place among the royal family as a new "lady of the household." On Monday, Insider's Mikhaila Friel previously reported that the role was designed to replace ladies-in-waiting, a nonsalaried, honorary role given to aristocratic women who act as personal assistants to members of the royal family.

Hussey was known as the palace's "Number One Head Girl" and was previously described as "one of the key trusted figures helping the Queen in her later life," according to Tatler.

But two days after her new position was announced, Hussey turned in her resignation.

Buckingham Palace announced on Wednesday that Hussey had made "deeply regrettable comments" and expressed "her profound apologies for the hurt caused."

The resignation came shortly after Ngozi Fulani, the founder of UK charity Sistah Space, said in a tweet that she had been asked "where she really came from" during an event hosted by Camilla, Queen Consort, on Tuesday.

She said that a palace staff member repeatedly asked her the same question, despite Fulani stating multiple times that she was born in the UK.

Fulani identified the staff member as "Lady SH" in her initial tweet and said she didn't wish to reveal the person's full identity. Roya Nikkhah, the royal editor at The Sunday Times, said in a tweet on Wednesday that Buckingham Palace confirmed to her it was Hussey who had resigned.

"We have reached out to Ngozi Fulani on this matter, and are inviting her to discuss all elements of her experience in person if she wishes," a palace spokesperson said in a statement sent to Insider on Wednesday.

Representatives for Bower, the Sussexes, and Fulani did not immediately respond to Insider's requests for comment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 1, 2022 12:13 AM

I'm sure Meghan is laughing. In Indianapolis.

by Anonymousreply 17December 1, 2022 12:20 AM

[quote] a support group for African and Caribbean women affected by abuse

Why is she in charge of the group if she's not associated with those areas?

by Anonymousreply 18December 1, 2022 2:25 AM

It's not surprising that she's Williams' Godmother.

William was the one who asked what color Harry and Meghan's child would be.

The pumpkin head doesn't fall far from the wicked Godmother.

by Anonymousreply 19December 1, 2022 3:12 AM

She is one of six godmothers to William.

by Anonymousreply 20December 1, 2022 3:33 AM

r13, don't your people have more deadly viruses to spread and global pandemics to kickoff?

by Anonymousreply 21December 1, 2022 3:49 AM

She is black, dressed in traditional African garb with a traditional African hairdo and was introduced as working for a charity that helps African and Caribbean women. This is a ridiculous "scandal".

by Anonymousreply 22December 1, 2022 4:55 AM

R13 LOL, Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien, and Teochew are languages. They are not nationalities. Chinese are asked if the speak Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien, or Teochew.

If you ask an Asian who was born in Canada, about their nationality, they would say that they are Canadian. It is offensive to ask an Asian about their nationality if they were born in Canada. Only a racist elderly person or a Boomer wouldn't understand this.

by Anonymousreply 23December 1, 2022 4:57 AM

Are you a faggot? You don't seem straight to me. You have a strange, effeminate voice.

by Anonymousreply 24December 1, 2022 5:10 AM

R23, is it racist to follow up the question with "Oh, where is your family originally from?" It might come as a shock to some of the SJWokester idiots but Chinese people aren't native to Canada just like black people aren't native to the UK. Thought police are the fucking worst.

by Anonymousreply 25December 1, 2022 5:25 AM

So much for Freedom of Speech and the First Amendment for Prince William's Godmother.

by Anonymousreply 26December 1, 2022 5:27 AM

R25 If you ask a Chinese person who was born in Canada, about their nationality, they would give you an offended look and think that you are a racist. It has nothing to do with being woke. It's just reality.

by Anonymousreply 27December 1, 2022 5:38 AM

R26 Freedom of speech has consequences, faggot.

by Anonymousreply 28December 1, 2022 5:45 AM

" It might come as a shock to some of the SJWokester idiots but Chinese people aren't native to Canada just like black people aren't native to the UK."

White people aren't native to Canada. But I doubt they get the same question asked, do they?

"Thought police are the fucking worst."

You certainly are.

by Anonymousreply 29December 1, 2022 5:52 AM

So ignoring r27 knocks out 4 posts from just this thread - and no other.

Freedom of Speech does have consequences so go to yet another computer since you'll be blocked yet again, you crusty P.O.S. :)

by Anonymousreply 30December 1, 2022 5:52 AM

She has klan granny face for days

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 1, 2022 5:59 AM

My parents were diplomats, meaning I was born in America and was schooled there until I was 13 before moving back to Blighty.

In addition, a close Spanish friend of theirs died right before I was born, who they named me after, so I have a Spanish-sounding forename despite having no Spanish blood in me.

I was asked where I was from all the time - I still am. My accent is mixed US/UK and I have this unusual Spanish name. No end to people asking me where I am from. When I'm here in the UK they ask, when I'm in America they ask. When I travel they ask. Everyone asks and always has.

Never had a problem with it. Not even once.

by Anonymousreply 32December 1, 2022 6:09 AM

What do you want, a parade?

by Anonymousreply 33December 1, 2022 6:11 AM

The old bitches question just proved her ignorance concerning African ethnicity. Just because the lady’s surname is Fulani has nothing to do with where she is from. Why doesn’t the old bitch ask every Irish person what county they are from based on their name? It could get confusing and she’s already confused.

by Anonymousreply 34December 1, 2022 6:12 AM

Only woke outlets r8. Literally no one is giving a shit outside them. Everyone is too busy fawning over the Prince and Princess of Wales.

by Anonymousreply 35December 1, 2022 6:15 AM

Bunch of prissy queens. I’m Latino-American and get asked since day one here which country I was originally born, if I speak this language or that, where I grew up, etc. I never felt offended and always found interesting that folks until this day still ask me. In my experience people of all levels enjoy to meet folks from other cultures.

I also think we get in return the energy we put out. I never cared about what others think of me, except for my loved ones. Ppl put too much energy whining about nonsense “racism” instead of channeling unto more important topics.

by Anonymousreply 36December 1, 2022 6:19 AM

This was also a set up. This woman has lied about a good part of the incident, and is a huge vocal Meghan stan. Try again losers. This bish is getting called out publicly for the set up. Hehe...

by Anonymousreply 37December 1, 2022 6:23 AM

The accuser, dressed as a (rather razzle-dazzle) African symbolism and representative fabrics from top to toe including African flag colours and leopard skind patterns, is in fact the daughter of one Mr. Gladstone Headley and his wife Mrs. Mildred Headley, both of Hackney, London.

No one can find records of her first original first name (yet) but she changed her name by deed poll to Ngozi Fulani after attending SOAS to study some African culture course.

by Anonymousreply 38December 1, 2022 6:24 AM

^^^ not "dressed as a" but rather "dressed in"

by Anonymousreply 39December 1, 2022 6:25 AM

Now imagine how this conversation would have played out if she had kept her birth name:

Hello, I'm Lady Hussey. Very good to meet you.

Hello, I'm Mildred Headley.

Hello Ms Headley! Which organisation are you here representing?

I'm with the Sistah Whatevah organisation helping Caribbean and African heritage victims of domestic abuse.

Oh, that sounds wonderful! Tell me more!

Blah blah, blah blah

by Anonymousreply 40December 1, 2022 6:29 AM

Lol! Sorry Wills and Waitey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 1, 2022 6:30 AM

Hahaha!

by Anonymousreply 42December 1, 2022 6:32 AM

I love it when the Sussex Squad post out of desperation, such as at r41.

by Anonymousreply 43December 1, 2022 6:38 AM

From all places William and Kate had to pick BOSTON.

I don’t think they got the memo we often get the title of “most rude city in the US”.

by Anonymousreply 44December 1, 2022 6:42 AM

It's BP that did an immediate investigation and threw out the senile cunt. Nothing to do with Harry/Megs.

by Anonymousreply 45December 1, 2022 6:44 AM

Was Greg able to invite them for his (inappropriate) tea?

by Anonymousreply 46December 1, 2022 6:48 AM

No investigation was done. Richard Kay, Diana's close friend and longtime Royal reporter, confirmed that hours ago in this article about the Palace's "indecent haste".

Do TRY to keep up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47December 1, 2022 6:48 AM

Susan Hussey, TQs close companion who rode with her to PP's funeral, is who Harry meant when he worried about the right people being around TQ. Susan Hussey, assigned to acclimate Meghan to the BRF, was also the one who asked how dark Archie would be. She couldn't be fired before because of her closeness to TQ. It was also against Susan Hussey that Meghan fought institutional racism.

The royal racist has been rooted out and we can all finally move on.

by Anonymousreply 48December 1, 2022 6:50 AM

Great! We can move on. You just know the Hussey was mad she couldn't call her a dumb nigger.

by Anonymousreply 49December 1, 2022 6:53 AM

[quote] So much for Freedom of Speech and the First Amendment for Prince William's Godmother.

The UK doesn’t have a the First Amendment, love.

by Anonymousreply 50December 1, 2022 7:04 AM

[quote] It's BP that did an immediate investigation and threw out the senile cunt. N

Enough with the acronyms.

by Anonymousreply 51December 1, 2022 7:05 AM

Kiss my ass

by Anonymousreply 52December 1, 2022 7:06 AM

[quote]If you ask a Chinese person who was born in Canada, about their nationality, they would give you an offended look and think that you are a racist. It has nothing to do with being woke. It's just reality.

Only if the Chinese person was a reactionary SJWokester idiot. Like I said, thought police are the fucking worst. Multiple people on this thread have said it happen to them all the time and none of them care because they are sane. Americans ask everyone where they are from because we are all from somewhere else and gladly speak about our heritage.

To the idiot claiming I'm some puppet account master, I've been here for over 10 years and not only do I not change any accounts, I won't even erase my DL cookie because I'll have to wait a week or whatever it is now to be let back in to post because I'm not paying for the privilege of providing content to a website. Here's my little account blurb:

You have started 30 threads which have received 1228 replies. You have received 39146 WW votes and have posted 10527 replies to threads.

[quote]White people aren't native to Canada. But I doubt they get the same question asked, do they?

Sure they would. They are all the time. We actually like discussing our ancestry and heritage. We wear fucking t-shirts about it!

And, anyone who thinks this was racist hasn't looked into the accuser and didn't see a picture of what she was wearing when someone dared to ask her about her African heritage. Not asking would be like not asking why a naked person was naked. She was basically wrapped in all the African flags with a neon sign over her head flashing "Ask me about Africa!"

by Anonymousreply 53December 1, 2022 7:19 AM

You have WAY too much time on your hands.

You need to get fucked.

by Anonymousreply 54December 1, 2022 7:29 AM

That means Meghan LIED r49. Thanks for confirming! We'll add it to all the others!

by Anonymousreply 55December 1, 2022 7:41 AM

@r44, "From all places William and Kate had to pick BOSTON."

😂

Also known as the birthplace of the American Revolution. "Would you like to join our little tea party in the harbor?", "One if by land, two if by sea". "The British are coming! The British are coming!"

You know, that place

by Anonymousreply 56December 1, 2022 7:45 AM

So, you can jack off as you fall asleep. Kudos.

by Anonymousreply 57December 1, 2022 8:30 AM

Ooh, aren't we the edgy one this morning

by Anonymousreply 58December 1, 2022 8:38 AM

The Lady Hussey is senile trash. Wonder who will get the last laugh?

by Anonymousreply 59December 1, 2022 8:39 AM

Lady Hussey will get the last laugh, r59.

She's the only one who has behaved honourably in all this.

This race grifter is looking worse and worse by the minute - and now we know she's connected to Meghan.

Not good for your Kween, r59....

by Anonymousreply 60December 1, 2022 8:43 AM

[quote]R48 The royal racist has been rooted out and we can all finally move on.

Well that’s convenient cover for the BRF. Now I wonder if (the) Hussey was set up.

by Anonymousreply 61December 1, 2022 8:54 AM

Angry lady.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 1, 2022 8:55 AM

Lady will get the next burial. Can they raise that coffin one more time? There's plenty of room, Margo takes up little space, between her ashes and the ciggies thrown in.

by Anonymousreply 63December 1, 2022 9:05 AM

Charles carried-on a affair with Camila the entire time he was married to Diana, and now he's the supreme governor of the Church of England. I have no respect for him or Camila. Do we know how William and Harry feel about her?

by Anonymousreply 64December 1, 2022 9:09 AM

William likes her, and Harry has previously said very enthusiastically positive things about her (on video), but now, post-Meghan Harry is apparently planning his whole book around hating her.

Too bad for Harry, because now much of the UK likes her.

Always out of step, is our Harry.

The Harkles have fucked themselves, and this stunt using their friend's Misan Harriman's friend is only going to make it worse for them.

Bring on the documentary! It will only makes things worse for the Harkles.

And THEN his BOOK - which will make things EVEN worse still, were that possible.

Pop that pocorn kids. This is going to FUN.

by Anonymousreply 65December 1, 2022 9:33 AM

[quote] I have no respect for him

R64 Do you hate Charles for his adultery or his breaking the Ten Commandments?

by Anonymousreply 66December 1, 2022 9:36 AM

I still don't get why that negress got so uppity! I simply wished to ascertain from which tribe's village hut she was conceived. Is that not a reasonable inquiry to make at a charity function on domestic abuse?

by Anonymousreply 67December 1, 2022 9:42 AM

You're the racist here, r67. You and the Sewage Squad are all Racists Marching For Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 68December 1, 2022 9:43 AM

[quote]So much for Freedom of Speech and the First Amendment for Prince William's Godmother.

Why would you say something so ridiculously stupid? There's no freedom of speech in England. There aren't ANY Amendments in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. Or any other country for that matter. The British press isn't a free press either. The government can stop them from publishing anything they want. Judges can also stop the press from reporting about people.

You shouldn't talk about things you know nothing about. Typical, ignorant American who thinks America's laws are the law of the world.

Just a little FYI, it's actually against the law to say anything racist. Even shouting at someone can get a person arrested in England.

by Anonymousreply 69December 1, 2022 9:44 AM

Sewage Squaddies only know one thing, r69. How to scream racism when there isn't any about. That's it. They know nothing about the country of Britain, nothing about the American constitution, nothing about the history of the BRF or of Harry's history as the only vocal racist in the BRF, nothing.

They only know that claiming racism can afford them a bit of power, or at least a dopamine hit.

That's it - that is literally all they know.

by Anonymousreply 70December 1, 2022 9:52 AM

Why am I not surprised that the same racists who spend their days hating MM on DL while claiming that they’re NOT racist, are turning into contortionists to defend some old racist hag by saying that Hussey is most definitely NOT racist!

And it’s funny how offended racists get when you call THEM out, but at the same time they will give you a million reasons why the woman “in African garb” was asking for it and should suck it up and shut up without complaining.

by Anonymousreply 71December 1, 2022 9:55 AM

r7, what business is it of yours. What makes you think they aren't from the country they live in? Keep your curiosities to yourself, especially in the work place.

by Anonymousreply 72December 1, 2022 9:56 AM

Because it was an obvious set up by one of yours, Stinkfish Sewage Squaddie r71

by Anonymousreply 73December 1, 2022 9:57 AM

R73, we all know you’re a Frau obsessing over the BRF in your robe all day while your husband is at work. Go clean something instead, you fat whore.

by Anonymousreply 74December 1, 2022 9:59 AM

r25, yes it is. Shut the fuck up. It's racist. Stop asking people who don't offer it where they are from.

Been asked my ENTIRE FUCKING life and both my grandparents were born in the USA. I'm an American and that is where I am from. I identify with NO OTHER COUNTRY.

by Anonymousreply 75December 1, 2022 10:01 AM

I'm a gay man who has been on the DataLounge since 2005.

You are a Stinkfish Sewage Squad tragedy from LSA, r74, who is probably horrifically dressed, covered in fake nails and hair, and who deserves to DIAGF for your stupidity and pointlessness.

by Anonymousreply 76December 1, 2022 10:03 AM

r36, really you never had a problem with it. Never got that feeling people were thinking you were less American? Did they ever come back with the question about whether you had a green card or not. Because I sure had that. I sure hated it. I sure disliked people I didn't even know asking me questions that they deemed as curiosity. I even had some bitch who was arguing over a parking space with me tell me she was going to call ICE. It's all about trying to put you a minority in their place. Be aware of it.

by Anonymousreply 77December 1, 2022 10:06 AM

R72, Sistah Space itself pushes the issue of "origin" by describing itself as a charity for women of "African and Caribbean heritage". This Ngozi Fulani person went dressed in "ethnic" garb. Her parents are called Mildred and Gladstone Headley, which means that it's very likely that she changed her name to sound "ethnic" and to give the impression that her origins are from another country. So, in that context, polite chitchat at a function asking her if she's African or Caribbean isn't racist.

R75, Ngozi Fulani absolutely identifies with other countries and both her parents and all her grandparents were born in another country, and there's nothing wrong with that, so why is she trying to make it seem so awful?

How many grandparents do you have, by the way?

by Anonymousreply 78December 1, 2022 10:07 AM

This woman and her charity were being honoured by the royal family and Queen Camilla in particular, with this invitation to the palace.

by Anonymousreply 79December 1, 2022 10:09 AM

r78. I had 4 by the way. Isn't that how many we always have.

One was born in Puerto Rico. The other 3 were born in the US.

by Anonymousreply 80December 1, 2022 10:12 AM

So this woman shows up in ethnic clothing & is “offended” when a very elderly lady tries to ask her what her heritage is? Really? Susan Hussey wasn’t suggesting she wasn’t British just trying, clumsily, to find out about her culture. We’re supposed to celebrate such things, aren’t we? But it’s a sin to ask the question?

This word “racism” means fuck all anymore. Fuck all.

by Anonymousreply 81December 1, 2022 10:20 AM

That's right r80, everyone has 4 grandparents, but you wrote "both my grandparents", which sounds like you have only 2 grandparents.

by Anonymousreply 82December 1, 2022 10:23 AM

r81, the person said repeatedly from the UK. If the woman asked her about her dress and was curious about her fashion that is a different story. If the woman volunteered the information about her background after the first ask that is different. But she asked and was answered and didn't accept the answer the person offered. Didn't accept the woman was from the UK and wanted to go back further into her background because she didn't consider a person of that background to be British.

by Anonymousreply 83December 1, 2022 10:24 AM

Once the Harriman photographer entered stage left and the footage emerged of Fulani chatting happily with Camilla and 1997 footage of her laughing as she sat next to Charles, and then her Tweet emerged after Oprah interview that "it appears Meghan suffered domestic violence from her in-laws", the whole operation became clear.

Did the idiot Palace know Fulani once used the term domestic violence to describe the relationship between Meghan and the welcoming family who let Meghan in and finally gave her what she get on her merits?

It is obvious that all this bullshit about racial harmony and multiculturalism is jus that: bullshit.

England is being destroyed by the two biggest lies the Trojan Horse brought in.

And not for nuthin', but what an insult to women being beaten and raped to call Meghan a victim of a crime that costs women their lives by the thousands every year.

The actual event to discuss DV amongst high profile women from other countries? Obliterated in the press.

Way to go, Ms Fulani.

The interesting bit is that, as usual, all the Sussexes and their minions have done is make William and Kate look like victims. The comments under the DM's giant headlines are running almost completely against the Fulani crowd. Kate and William, as usual, are carrying on with aplomb and grace. And their reception in Boston has been rapturous.

Shit like this makes people dig their heels in and defend what they love, and makes people sorry the Fulani crowd were ever let in.

Starting with Meghan Markle.

by Anonymousreply 84December 1, 2022 10:25 AM

That old lady touched the guest's hair, then kept shouting and demanding to know where she was from, despite the woman repeatedly telling her she was from England. That's disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 85December 1, 2022 10:25 AM

^*what she couldn't get on her own merits

by Anonymousreply 86December 1, 2022 10:26 AM

If her parents' names are Mildred and Gladstone Headley then it very likely means that her family heritage is from the Caribbean, yet Fulani chose to change her name to a Nigerian name, which actually obscures her real background and gives the false impression that she has an African family background.

Ngozi Fulani is the one who cares deeply about where she's "from", to the point that she fabricates where she's "from".

by Anonymousreply 87December 1, 2022 10:26 AM

Well said, r84

by Anonymousreply 88December 1, 2022 10:27 AM

R83 When the woman said she was from the UK and born here SH said “yes, but…”. So there was no denial of Britishness just a very obvious attempt to get to heritage…a heritage the woman was clearly already proudly displaying in her clothing.

by Anonymousreply 89December 1, 2022 10:29 AM

Touching her hair was a huge tell.

It's funny watching the BRF stans try to defend this woman. The one blaming "SJWokesters" really gives their true selves away. BRF stans and conservative trolls are ONE AND THE SAME.

by Anonymousreply 90December 1, 2022 10:30 AM

[quote] That's disgusting

R85 I think you're easily disgusted.

by Anonymousreply 91December 1, 2022 10:33 AM

We only have they lying grifter's word that anyone "touched her hair", r90.

It would be very, very, very, unEnglish to touch any stranger's hair, much less something that looked as disgusting as that rat's nest on the former Ms. Headley's head.

And then we have Covid.

It's obvious to anyone from Britain that Lady Hussey never touched a single dreadlock on that race hustler's head!

by Anonymousreply 92December 1, 2022 10:34 AM

R85 She, she, she……TOUCHED HER HAIR?!

So fucking what? She moved it out the way to see her name badge. And there was no “shouting”.

by Anonymousreply 93December 1, 2022 10:34 AM

[quote]If her parents' names are Mildred and Gladstone Headley then it very likely means that her family heritage is from the Caribbean, yet Fulani chose to change her name to a Nigerian name, which actually obscures her real background and gives the false impression that she has an African family background.

You don't know anything about her family, her or any of their names.

Stop it. You're trying to justify the very disrespectful & disgusting treatment towards a guest at the palace, by one of Queen Elizabeth's best friends.

by Anonymousreply 94December 1, 2022 10:37 AM

I love in NYC and often ask people where they’re from. Most people are from somewhere else and have interesting stories. The native New Yorkers often have an interesting perspective as well. I would imagine the same is true for any international city. London would fit that category.

This bitch is clearly attention seeking. She has nothing to offer society so has to shriek racism to feel special.

As a white guy I can tell you that I never think negatively about another person’s race. If I see a friendly person of any color, I just see a friendly person.

by Anonymousreply 95December 1, 2022 10:38 AM

R90 A huge “tell”? What are you on about? Humans may not touch each other now, even fleetingly? To do so indicates extreme hatred?

Fucking grow up.

by Anonymousreply 96December 1, 2022 10:38 AM

That's if you believe Ngozi Fulani's story, R83/r85. The problem for her is that it's now emerging that she's a big fraud. This is a woman who changed her name to falsely give the impression that she is of Nigerian heritage when she's actually of Caribbean heritage. She even dresses in "ethnic" costume to make it appear she is from Africa, when she isn't. Her previous attacks on the royal family as racists and "whites", her previous siding with Meghan, and her links with Meghan's friends such as Misan Harriman raise all sorts of questions about her motives and even whether she had a pre-planned agenda. Some might even wonder whether this was done for Meghan's benefit and with the knowledge of Meghan's friends.

I also doubt that her charity even does much. This was an event that honoured her charity and other charities that work with female victims of violence, and allowed her to network with powerful women who could have really helped her organisation and its work, in particular in getting large donations. Yet she chose instead to attack the people who had invited her. If this was a serious charity that really did prioritise the provision of support to women of African and Caribbean heritage suffering from domestic abuse, then she would have expressed her gratitude for the invitation, praised the opportunities it offered and maybe made a vague comment about an unfortunate incident that she won't let mar the whole experience for her.

As it is, her personal agenda has now overshadowed a very important event for organisations that support abused women.

by Anonymousreply 97December 1, 2022 10:42 AM

[quote]So fucking what? She moved it out the way to see her name badge.

She didn't have any right to put her hands on this woman. It was disgusting treatment.

It's no secret that you're also our resident Trump apologist. You try to justify every despicable thing he does too. You're a Trumper.

by Anonymousreply 98December 1, 2022 10:42 AM

It's so obvious that BRF stans on DL = full blown MAGA.

by Anonymousreply 99December 1, 2022 10:44 AM

[quote]I also doubt that her charity even does much

What the fuck do you know? You're just some blithering troll spouting off nonsensically in a fit of rage. Just STFU. Little fool.

by Anonymousreply 100December 1, 2022 10:46 AM

Lol r94, she herself has written about her parents and where they're from. It does seem like something important to her. They're from the Caribbean and her family name is Headley. Just read this article about herself that she wrote, it will give you a good idea of her family background and her political thinking.

[quote]My parent’s came to London from the Caribbean and most of their children were born here. Seven children, and we were the only black family on our road. Our house was like Liverpool Street Station. The barriers that we faced outside were never brought into the house and my mum and dad embraced everybody. They taught us to be proud of who we are.

[quote]My mum Mildred was very strong, but she was only five feet. She was tiny. She first worked for London Transport and then trained as a nurse. My dad Gladstone Headley was a tall, powerful man, who worked in the daytime for ‘British Rail’ and his voice was as crunchy as I don’t know what.

[...]

[quote]My dad was a very conscious man and taught me about my connection to Africa. He came in one day and he told me about Nigeria’s Fela Ransom Kuti. We did not know African music. We had Caribbean Calypso, Reggae, Soca, Ska, Skalite everything. But it was through Fela that my dad gave a direct connection to Africa. They came here because this country promised them the world and they did not come here on a stowaway ship or anything. Britain went to the Caribbean, asked people to come over and then brought them here and treated them so bad. The shock. It was cold and most people say they had never seen snow and never known such cold, but most of all they had never known such hostility.

by Anonymousreply 101December 1, 2022 10:47 AM

[quote]Sewage Squaddies only know one thing, R69. How to scream racism when there isn't any about. That's it. They know nothing about the country of Britain, nothing about the American constitution, nothing about the history of the BRF or of Harry's history as the only vocal racist in the BRF, nothing.

And all you know how to do is be racist.

You're the fool going on about the First Amendment Rights of a British person. There are no Amendments in Great Britain. There's not even a constitution. There is no Freedom of Speech or even a free press there.

You came off as really ignorant. I bet you've never even been another state.

by Anonymousreply 102December 1, 2022 10:48 AM

Look at Mildred Headley's/self-styled 'Ngozi Fulani's horrific, years-old dreadlocks look at the event.

Looks like they could contain all manner of bacteria and parasites.

I strongly, STRONGLY, doubt anyone reached out and touched them. especially in an age of Covid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103December 1, 2022 10:48 AM

R100, can you provide us with a link to her charity's last annual report, so we can get a good idea of her activities? She's just blown her charity up as, with such publicity around it, women who are seeking to escape violent husbands might find it too high-profile a place to go to seek discrete refuge.

by Anonymousreply 104December 1, 2022 10:49 AM

[quote]I also doubt that her charity even does much

It does enough to get invited to the Palace, personally by Camilla.

In other words, she and her charity will accomplish more in one day than you will accomplish in your entire life.

by Anonymousreply 105December 1, 2022 10:49 AM

R98 I have never so much as mentioned Trump in the entire time I’ve been here, moron.

“Put her hands on….disgusting…despicable”. I can sense your fat, white, female body quivering in fake outrage. Go away, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 106December 1, 2022 10:50 AM

Lol r102, I never said anything about the First Amendment (I think that was Harry).

So, what do you make of the fact that she's of Caribbean heritage yet she changed her name to an African name and dresses in a way that gives the impression that she's from Africa?

by Anonymousreply 107December 1, 2022 10:51 AM

R103, R104, you sound like a lunatic. You're a racist lunatic. Muriel needs to ban you permanently

by Anonymousreply 108December 1, 2022 10:52 AM

It doesn't really have to do much to get an invite to an event for charities that work with women suffering from violence, r105, especially if it specifies that it works with minority women. There are plenty of people who run charities that don't do much but who benefit from the opportunities that being the head of a charity offers them.

by Anonymousreply 109December 1, 2022 10:53 AM

Lol r108, how is asking for a link to Sistah Space's last annual report racist lunacy?

by Anonymousreply 110December 1, 2022 10:54 AM

Meanwhile, every single other person there looks lovely. She is the standout with her particularly disgusting medusa bullshit. EVERYONE else there looks fantastic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111December 1, 2022 10:55 AM

Whoops, forgot to add the link at r101. Here's the link to Ngozi's own article where she wrote "My parent’s came to London from the Caribbean".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112December 1, 2022 10:55 AM

[quote]So, what do you make of the fact that she's of Caribbean heritage yet she changed her name to an African name and dresses in a way that gives the impression that she's from Africa?

You don't know anything about her or her name. All you want to do is justify the racist treatment of this very accomplished woman.

Guests at the palace do not deserve to cross examined. Maybe that kind of treatment is okay at the home you grew up in, but decent people learn from the age of 4 that you don't treat guests like criminals.

I'm surprised the Queen's friend didn't search her purse.

by Anonymousreply 113December 1, 2022 10:55 AM

R102 Ever heard of the Human Rights Act, idiot? Of course the UK has a right to freedom of speech/expression. Do you think all nations need a bit of paper signed by racist slave owners to have fundamental rights?

Our constitution has grown organically over a thousand years, and those rights are enshrined within many different laws. Stop talking about things you know nothing about.

by Anonymousreply 114December 1, 2022 10:57 AM

Sure R109, Buckingham Palace is like Grand Central Station. Sure.

by Anonymousreply 115December 1, 2022 10:58 AM

Indeed r111, and it's also obvious from that video that the women invited were from all sorts of cultural and national backgrounds, as also reflected in the fact that Camilla's co-hosts were women such as Queen Rania of Jordan and the First Lady of Sierra Leone Fatima Maada, and that inviting women from different cultural backgrounds was part of the point.

by Anonymousreply 116December 1, 2022 10:59 AM

r114 Ever heard of a D-Notice? No, no one in the UK has freedom of speech. You're a simple Megstan out of your depth in here.

Go back to Celebitchy.

by Anonymousreply 117December 1, 2022 10:59 AM

Are you completely fucking nuts, r113? Fulani herself wrote "My parent’s came to London from the Caribbean". See the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118December 1, 2022 11:01 AM

Sure R114, you can tell that to all the people who have been arrested in England for making racist comments, yelling on the subway or even to the actor, Christian Bale, for yelling at his mom. Yes, he was arrested for yelling at his mom.

You may want to go and brush up on the law. And there is not a free press in England either.

Go away idiot

by Anonymousreply 119December 1, 2022 11:02 AM

R118, you know nothing about her name. NOTHING

by Anonymousreply 120December 1, 2022 11:04 AM

This Headley/Ngozi whatever woman seems to have a huge chip in her shoulder….and an ax to grind. She’s been complaining about various things faaaaaarrrr before this event.

Not unlike Markle.

Do think these people who scream “wraycist” at everything that comes their way are projecting: they are so concerned about anything to do with melanin levels that they are actually the racists.

by Anonymousreply 121December 1, 2022 11:07 AM

I'm not r118 nut I know that she had a completely English name and intentionally changed it to and African one.

This is a matter of record.

by Anonymousreply 122December 1, 2022 11:08 AM

Hmm….a guest for my podcast?

by Anonymousreply 123December 1, 2022 11:10 AM

Perhaps if her name tag had proudly displayed her actual Anglo name . . . And she wasn't dressed and coiffed to pretend she she was Aftican . . . Headley a/k/a Ngozi, recorded the call she once accused the BRF of domestic violence against Meghan.

Harriman is a close friend of Meghan.

Just connext the dots.

by Anonymousreply 124December 1, 2022 11:10 AM

R120, why do you keep denying Ngozi Headley's own words?

by Anonymousreply 125December 1, 2022 11:10 AM

Because she had an perfectly good name, from a perfectly respectable sounding family, and yet made up a completely fictional African name and changed to it by deed poll, r125.

No one rational trusts a person who does that.

by Anonymousreply 126December 1, 2022 11:13 AM

Guess who else thought this treatment was racist? Caroline Kennedy & John Kerry.

They both just canceled being guests at Prince William's photo contest.

by Anonymousreply 127December 1, 2022 11:15 AM

GOOD! r127 It's wonderful that the BRF see thoe two chancers for who they are. Kerry will never recover from doing that. So much of his plan relied upon the Charles-loving WEF approving them. Now that's all gone.

Exdcellent.

by Anonymousreply 128December 1, 2022 11:18 AM

Caroline was able to make it to the Celtics game

I guess she does indeed find the Windsors to be a racist family

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129December 1, 2022 11:19 AM

^^^^^I hate the ol DL when I'm typing from my phone. Never works properly.

by Anonymousreply 130December 1, 2022 11:19 AM

r129, DID she?

What a slap in the face!

Good good good!

That's absolutely IT for the Kennedys and the BRF. They're done. And for the Dem ambitions with the BRF on green energy.

All gone now - POOF!

Excellent!

by Anonymousreply 131December 1, 2022 11:22 AM

They got booed at the Garden

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132December 1, 2022 11:25 AM

[quote]black bitch

"We're not racist!"

by Anonymousreply 133December 1, 2022 11:29 AM

I am SO glad the Kennedys slapped the Royals in the face when they came to the latter's hometown.

The BRF will never, ever forgive that. All they will think about is how a Kennedy funded Uncle Dickie's murder.

Good. Very good.

You love to (finally) see it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134December 1, 2022 11:31 AM

Not true. They always say USA at these sporting events. Only people "reporting" boos are stupid squad.

by Anonymousreply 135December 1, 2022 11:31 AM

Spare us that the name change, dreadlocks, andcAftican garb meant absolutely nothing in terms of how "British" the woman actually advertises herself.

She's parading herself in the garb and customary hair of the country of her recent ancestors, anubis than shocked, SHOCKED when an 83 year old Enhlishwoman asks her where she's from?

If she'd changed her name to Miyoshi Hiroshiro and shown up in a kimono and obi with chopsticks in her kair to reflect her Japanese ancestry, despite the fact that her Mum married out and her birth name is actually Mary Stokes, would Hussey have been equally foolish to suppose at an international event focussing on violence against women that she might. W from somewhere else?

Hussey wasn't stupid for asking, but for not taking the hint. She is clearly not fit for a .modern monarchy and should have been gently retired as soon as the Queen left us.

But to call that an experience of prolonged racism tells you more about Fulani than about the monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 136December 1, 2022 11:34 AM

And now Harry will take an award from Uncle Dickie's murderers in a week or two.

Charles really loved Uncle Dickie.

Harry is now SO properly FUCKED.

This is a positively delicious turn of events.

by Anonymousreply 137December 1, 2022 11:35 AM

[quote]these people who scream “wraycist”

The Meghan Markle hater trolls always use these 4chan/Kiwifarms memes, I guess they think most DLers won't recognize it. There's another thread about Lady Whatnot Hussey where one of those trolls is using anti-trans memes like "literal violence."

I don't know why anyone would even waste time trying to defend this Hussey woman, especially on Datalounge. This is some aged crone who was being racist, regardless of what you pieces of shit claim, and it's the same aged crone who was assigned to help Meghan learn the ways of the royal household years ago, which goes a long way to proving that what she said happened really did. Further, this has all come out on the same day that the police have confirmed that there were multiple legitimate threats against Meghan's life by far-right nutjobs.

You lost, you stupid cunts. You can't dig your way out of this.

by Anonymousreply 138December 1, 2022 11:36 AM

It’s all a tempest in a teapot. The ever-complaining-victim Headley (who changed her name to Ngozi and began wearing African garb) was ripe for picking. She is in her element while making accusations. Look up her history. It’s her raision d’être. (Not unlike someone else we are all, unfortunately, familiar with.)

Saw the Celtics jumbotron. Mixture of responses to Wills and Kate: some USA chants. Some boos AND some cheers. The second time they came on the jumbotron, no chants or boos. Only cheers.

Sadly, Walmart Wallis and her treasonous hubby are going to be a thorn in the BRF’s side until they address the lying, manipulative, grifting couple once and for all.

by Anonymousreply 139December 1, 2022 11:43 AM

Seethe, r138.

Your boy is now absolutely FUCKED.

by Anonymousreply 140December 1, 2022 11:44 AM

[quote] The wife of the sixth in line (?) to the throne needs to get over herself. She's so smart that doesn't realize that her empowering women shtick doesn't make sense when the only reason she has any kind of platform is because of her husband. Insufferable cunt.

[quote] Go buy yourself another award, Meghan, then find something else to talk about if you must. Woe is me is boring.

by Anonymousreply 141December 1, 2022 11:49 AM

Whomever that is, r141, is entirely right.

Thank you for bringing those comments to attention.

by Anonymousreply 142December 1, 2022 11:51 AM

It's got to take a real toll on your already precarious mental health to spend all day online calling everyone else a lying, conniving scam artist instead of just admitting that old white royals and aristocrats are sometimes racist.

by Anonymousreply 143December 1, 2022 12:00 PM

I'm STILL buzzing over the undiplomatic treatment of William and KAte by the Kennedys and Kerry.

This is SO lovely for all who actually care about the World.

The Kennedys are former mafia and terrorist supporters, and Kerry is a longtime made DC-mafia man.

I was slightly disheartened to see Will and Kate uniting with them.

SO glad to see that apparent union severed.

by Anonymousreply 144December 1, 2022 12:03 PM

[Quote]She's parading herself in the garb and customary hair of the country of her recent ancestors, anubis than shocked, SHOCKED when an 83 year old Enhlishwoman asks her where she's from?

This x 1000.

by Anonymousreply 145December 1, 2022 12:05 PM

[quote] It's got to take a real toll on your already precarious mental health to spend all day [bold] calling everyone else racist whilst being a lying, conniving scam artist to a court of law and grifting $$$$$$$$$$$$$ from British, Canadian and possibly American taxpayers……as well as the general public. [/bold]

Fixed it, R143.

by Anonymousreply 146December 1, 2022 12:10 PM

Lady Hussy must be a total fucking idiot to have done that. I assume she was drunk.

by Anonymousreply 147December 1, 2022 12:10 PM

I am still so excited over the fact that the Royals will never help the Kennedy DC grifters supreme to burnish their fake halos ever again.

I don't think any of you other whores realise what this means, but since you don't, Aunty is here to tell you:

It means that the Kennedys Are Done.

by Anonymousreply 148December 1, 2022 12:14 PM

That's incoherent, r146. You're not well.

by Anonymousreply 149December 1, 2022 12:15 PM

Wait and see, honey, r149.

Wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 150December 1, 2022 12:16 PM

Ah, jeez, if I'd realized r146 was the same person who said I was obviously a far-right Trumpster who participated in the coup, just because I said people were getting tired of hearing about the Will Smith slap, I never would have replied to them in the first place.

If the fucking ignore function would just work, it would reduce half of the bullshit we have to deal with on this forum.

by Anonymousreply 151December 1, 2022 12:17 PM

It's funny how suddenly Camilla decided to focus on helping abused women in the past year or two. Trying to steal someone else's thunder. And then William and Kate coming to America. They also have another trip to America planned for later this year or next year.

They're so obviously trying to compete with Meghan and Harry. It's pathetic. I really thought William and Kate would be above that kind of thing. I guess not

by Anonymousreply 152December 1, 2022 12:18 PM

The trolls siding with Lady SH are really showing their asses.

It's not polite to grill people about "where there from," especially after the person tells you where they were born and currently live. Past that point it becomes less about "where are you from" and all about "what ARE you?"

This is not a new development. This has been accepted in polite society for decades. The repeated questioning is just rude, as is touching another person without permission. The racism behind these actions is self-evident, but even without race as a factor these actions are just objectively rude. Anyone defending these actions is showing their true selves.

British society promotes the royal family as the pinnacle of decorum and the embodiment of British values and virtue, yet basic grace and etiquette are absent among their inner circle. It's telling.

by Anonymousreply 153December 1, 2022 12:25 PM

*They're

by Anonymousreply 154December 1, 2022 12:27 PM

R153 / r154 shows its ass by not knowing DL tradition.

Sweetiepie Bouzy employee, that's not how WE here at the DL ever amend our above statements.

You did it wrong, fake cunt.

by Anonymousreply 155December 1, 2022 12:31 PM

[quote] Ah, jeez, if I'd realized [R146] was the same person who said I was obviously a far-right Trumpster who participated in the coup, just because I said people were getting tired of hearing about the Will Smith slap, I never would have replied to them in the first place.

You’re obviously [bold] confused, R151….about many things.[/bold] Never said you were a “far-right Trumpster”. Revisit that post. (Did acknowledge that your minimization of Will Smith’s assault, though with the analogy of how others are always crowing about getting over various “assaults”.)

You, yourself, reveal some tendencies…..

Funny how you seem to defend assault by someone with increased melanin, yet become outraged when you perceive someone (with again, increased melanin) has suffered an “indignity” by someone with less melanin.

Sensing a theme here.

by Anonymousreply 156December 1, 2022 12:33 PM

Harkle set-up.

Every Harkle plot has turned out like a Road Runner cartoon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157December 1, 2022 12:42 PM

Who knows what happened here, but it just sounds like she had an axe to grind.

She has an African name, she's swathed in colorful traditional African robes and attending an event with many international attendees. Should be surprised when someone asks where she's from? Or get offended when the question is repeated in a different way when she answers, "London."

I bet the guy, trained in royal protocol and etiquette, was just trying to make conversation. I'm surprised he had to resign. It seems like a sincere apology for the misunderstanding or any offense given would have sufficed.

by Anonymousreply 158December 1, 2022 12:43 PM

Should be surprised when = Should she be surprised when...

by Anonymousreply 159December 1, 2022 12:44 PM

[quote]I bet the guy, trained in royal protocol and etiquette, was just trying to make conversation.

The guy? You have no fucking business giving us your opinion on this, jackass.

by Anonymousreply 160December 1, 2022 12:44 PM

DOesn't change much about the point of the post, cunty queen gatekeeping from your mother's basement r160 Here:

She has an African name, she's swathed in colorful traditional African robes and attending an event with many international attendees. Should she be surprised when someone asks where she's from? Or get offended when the question is repeated in a different way when she answers, "London."

I bet this WOMAN, trained in royal protocol and etiquette, was just trying to make conversation. I'm surprised she had to resign. It seems like a sincere apology for the misunderstanding or any offense given would have sufficed.

There, ya dumb cunt.

by Anonymousreply 161December 1, 2022 12:49 PM

R31- I bet you she was besties 👯‍♀️ with that RACIST OLD COOT

Prince 🤴 Philip

by Anonymousreply 162December 1, 2022 12:51 PM

You don't know what "gatekeeping" means, apparently. It's not gatekeeping to point out that you were posting as if your opinion was valid when you didn't even know the very basic facts of who was involved in the incident.

Further, the idea that a woman "trained in royal protocol and etiquette" would be trained to keep asking someone a question repeatedly, over and over again, even though the person was obviously uncomfortable and had already answered multiple times, is laughable.

No decent host treats their guest that way. You ask the question, if they don't want to answer, you move on. That's basic civility.

by Anonymousreply 163December 1, 2022 12:51 PM

Back in the old days if you were invited to the palace it was a great honor. You had to play ball no matter the consequences. I see that does not exist anymore. In the Victorian era or earlier people who spoke out against the BRF or the staff would disappear.

by Anonymousreply 164December 1, 2022 12:53 PM

[quote] British society promotes the royal family as the pinnacle of decorum and the embodiment of British values and virtue, yet basic grace and etiquette are absent among their inner circle. It's telling.

While we have only heard from the “victim” in this story, if the events Headley-Ngozi recounts are factually true, that Hussey’s actions come off poorly. As another poster said, upthread, she may have been inebriated or not mentis composis at 83 years of age. Either way, she was promptly dismissed and palace sources along with the BRF condemned her actions. To say “basic grace and etiquette are absent among their inner circle”, though is a stretch. If that were the case, we’d be hearing of encounters like this constantly.

That’s not to say, Headley-Ngozi has been decorous herself. The woman has a tendency to gripe. A lot. So this seems par for the course. And she seems eerily similar to Markle who enrobes herself with questionable qualities: then seems to jump at the opportunity to play victim. The woe is me (as another poster aptly noted) is a well-worn path and veers on becoming “tiresome and boring”.

It’s not either/or. Two things can be present at once.

by Anonymousreply 165December 1, 2022 12:55 PM

Indeed, r164, And no wearing of smelly dreadlocks made from the hair of tortured female Chinese slaves, too!

by Anonymousreply 166December 1, 2022 12:57 PM

"Further, the idea that a woman "trained in royal protocol and etiquette" would be trained to keep asking someone a question repeatedly, over and over again, even though the person was obviously uncomfortable and had already answered multiple times, is laughable.

No decent host treats their guest that way."

Exactly. I couldn't agree with you more. And that's exactly what makes Ngozi's story so suspect. I bet the question was repeated for the reasons I mentioned: she has an African name and is wearing traditional African garb and is at an event with people of many nationalities. She sounds like she has an axe to grind.

by Anonymousreply 167December 1, 2022 12:57 PM

Lady Wigington @164 Sistah Marlene was not directly invited to the reception; she was a +1

by Anonymousreply 168December 1, 2022 12:59 PM

[quote] that's exactly what makes Ngozi's story so suspect

You think Buckingham Palace is lying when they condemn Hussey's behavior?

by Anonymousreply 169December 1, 2022 1:00 PM

R81- VERY elderly?

She’s 83 not 103

Elderly is sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 170December 1, 2022 1:03 PM

^^ Publicly defending her would be stepping into a mess, even if she did nothing wrong.

Officials at BP met and decided the best way forward once this started to blow up. Apologies, a reconsideration fo protocol and retirement for the 83 year-old seem like a good way forward, not a lie or an admission of transgressions against humanity.

by Anonymousreply 171December 1, 2022 1:04 PM

R32 I am white as snow and look Saxon, completely. My accent is Wenglish Midlands Brit, not very obviously regional English (like say, the movie HOT FUZZ) but near as dammit, and is softened and inflected by Welsh cadence & a bit of slang. When I went away to study in the capital for a few years, all the London native students both white & POC kept asking me if I was Canadian. They’d obviously never met or heard anyone from the borderlands of the island they’re living on before. Wessex is a bubble.

by Anonymousreply 172December 1, 2022 1:07 PM

I really think the woman meant no harm by her questions, but it shows that she’s out of touch with the norms of today. There are plenty of other “ladies in waiting” that are probably best suited for the job. A colleague of mine who’d worked in Hong Kong was reprimanded for bringing up a fellow colleague’s ancestry since she was Chinese. Of course, she was born in the U.S. he truly just did not know the norms and was genuinely sorry.

I also think it’s bananas that people think MM was to blame for this or plotted it. On the one hand, she’s supposedly really stupid. On the other, this is pretty diabolical if it is true. Btw—it isn’t. It’s about a woman who believed that the BRF had racist tendencies and it was borne out with her interactions with them.

by Anonymousreply 173December 1, 2022 1:12 PM

You wanted to be treated like someone who knows what they're talking about in this situation, r171, and I indulged you, but you clearly have no idea what's going on.

Not only did you think the person who asked Ngozi Fulani where she was from was a man, you don't realize that Hussey asked Fulani where she was from FIVE TIMES, even though her question was answered, and there was a woman near Fulani who saw it all and has confirmed the exchange indeed took place.

You also have no idea that the Palace said they take the incident seriously and are investigating the issue. If they were trying to avoid stepping into a mess, why would they open an investigation?

Further, the Palace described Hussey's comments as "unacceptable and deeply regrettable" and William made his own statement, also calling them "regrettable" and saying it was right that Hussey stepped down from her position after what she'd done. That's not just a quick apology, that IS an "admission of transgression."

You don't have the first idea what is going on here, but you sure think you do.

by Anonymousreply 174December 1, 2022 1:13 PM

btw, Caroline Kennedy has not “canceled “. Her flight was delayed due to the atrocious weather in Boston yesterday. Even Kate and William’s commercial flight was late. (note: commercial, not private). Still, a solid crowd greeted them despite the rain pelting down.

by Anonymousreply 175December 1, 2022 1:16 PM

R113- No but she did search her POCKETBOOK.

by Anonymousreply 176December 1, 2022 1:25 PM

Aaaaaand…..the Netflix “documentary” trailer has dropped. Timing is everything.

by Anonymousreply 177December 1, 2022 1:26 PM

I don’t see what the fuss is all about.

by Anonymousreply 178December 1, 2022 1:29 PM

R144- Joseph Kennedy was a Bootlegger in the 1920's- basically the Irish Mafia. It's fascinating that his son was able to become President of the United States.

by Anonymousreply 179December 1, 2022 1:31 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180December 1, 2022 1:51 PM

That cuntessa has a role in the series “the Crown”. No surprise she was an uppity cunt

by Anonymousreply 181December 1, 2022 1:59 PM

R179, no one gives a shit about Joseph Kennedy, except a piece of shit republican Trumper. That's EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE.

The Royal's ancestors invaded England, murdered hundreds of thousands of people, seized power and took more than half of all the land to reward themselves and their cronies, which is why the monarchy is so wealthy and most of the aristocrats live on huge estates.

But Joe Kennedy was a bootlegger.

by Anonymousreply 182December 1, 2022 1:59 PM

"I say, didn't once see you in that Tarzan film a few years ago? You were perfectly cast, I must say. I once had a leopard skin coat, can't seem to remember what I did with it, though."

by Anonymousreply 183December 1, 2022 2:05 PM

English people are nasty. I believed Meghan from the start.

by Anonymousreply 184December 1, 2022 2:08 PM

Are you calling Ngozi Fulani nasty, r184? She's from England, remember, and nowhere else.

by Anonymousreply 185December 1, 2022 2:16 PM

She's British not English ^.

by Anonymousreply 186December 1, 2022 2:17 PM

I didn't say she was English, r185, I said she's from England. The Scots and Welsh would very much think she's English, however.

She is British because she is from the England part of Great Britain.

by Anonymousreply 187December 1, 2022 2:23 PM

You make so sense whatsoever r187. Go rest.

by Anonymousreply 188December 1, 2022 2:28 PM

Look we may be a tad racist - dear old Granny liked to refer to Pickaninnies, God bless her, but Meghan is still a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 189December 1, 2022 2:30 PM

Ngozi accused the BRF of “domestic violence” against Meghan Markle.

This then begs the question: if she believes they committed DV against someone for their skin colour, why does she - with even darker skin - show up at their events?

Perhaps to make further accusations against the BRF?

Can’t think of any other reason.

by Anonymousreply 190December 1, 2022 2:31 PM

The woman is 87 years old. Doesn't that explain everything?

I'm curious: why was the black Briton dressed like she was going on a picnic? No, really. You are in Buckingham Palace dressed like this? Nos sleeves. It is a private home too, you know. Don't go into a palace dressed like a teenager on a date during summer. Do go to a private home, even a palace, expecting some questions from staff. ANY RACE OR SEX.

Remember that group photo taken outside the White House during President Obama's term in office? At the White House, all the young women were wearing flip flops. Staff at the mansion were not pleased. I think some politicians complained too. None of them were black, if my memory serves me. It was on HLN, so, national news.

by Anonymousreply 191December 1, 2022 2:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192December 1, 2022 2:46 PM

It's a private home with public state rooms. If the Palace wished to impose dress codes it would. Absent of those, guests might reasonably assume they can wear exactly what they're comfortable with. No need to conform with regressive archaic notions as embodied by the personage of Hussey.

by Anonymousreply 193December 1, 2022 2:46 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194December 1, 2022 2:47 PM

racism is just british culture

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195December 1, 2022 2:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196December 1, 2022 2:54 PM

Too right, r193! And if Marlene Headley, Briton of Caribbean heritage, wants to culturally appropriate African names and dress then she is perfectly entitled to do so!

Obviously you missed the dozens of women from different cultural backgrounds at the event, wearing the clothing of their own cultures (unlike cultural appropriator Marlene Headley) and discussing the very important issue of domestic violence against women.

Domestic violence being what Marlene Headley, aka Ngozi Faluni, has accused Charles of committing against Meghan - because she's not one to trivialise such an issue, while using her scam charity as a way to get her foot in the door at Buckingham Palace.

by Anonymousreply 197December 1, 2022 3:01 PM

Was this visitor who was "attacked" by an 87-year-old woman wearing flip flops or sandals sans hose or socks? I know she was sleeveless inside of a palace. I wonder if there was even more to it.

by Anonymousreply 198December 1, 2022 3:02 PM

Marlene Headley, aka Ngozi Faluni, must be racist then, r195, because she's British through and through.

by Anonymousreply 199December 1, 2022 3:04 PM

Don't go to the White House wearing flip flops or bare footed sandals. Don't go to the White House wearing a camisole top. Is that really asking too much?

Maybe, don't got to a palace dressed like a teenager at the mall during summer break without expecting to get "carded or the equivalent thereof.

by Anonymousreply 200December 1, 2022 3:05 PM

I know Michelle Obama often went sleeveless, but that was her home!!! She could do that!

by Anonymousreply 201December 1, 2022 3:05 PM

Datalounge Royalists = MAGA. Every time. Along with the transphobes they are all one and the same. This thread is exhibit A.

by Anonymousreply 202December 1, 2022 3:10 PM

the only solution is to get rid of or internationally boycott the UK and move everyone back before colonialism ripped them away from their native lands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203December 1, 2022 3:12 PM

Activists have been changing their names for decades. Based on her bio, it sounds like she took the name Ngozi Fulani when she started studying African dance in college.

by Anonymousreply 204December 1, 2022 3:15 PM

R202, another big fuckup on Harry and Meghan's part was their support for the trans lobby organisation Mermaids, which promotes the physical mutilation of children. Mermaids is about to go down in the UK and all the celebs who supported it will have a lot to answer for.

by Anonymousreply 205December 1, 2022 3:16 PM

[quote] Datalounge Royalists = MAGA. Every time. Along with the transphobes they are all one and the same. This thread is exhibit A.

Generalise much, R202?

You seem to be extremist in your statements; lacking intelligence, nuance and perception. That seems far more “MAGA”, than appreciating a part of the British working government.

by Anonymousreply 206December 1, 2022 3:17 PM

In that case, r204, it's not unreasonable of someone to ask her if she's of African or Caribbean origin.

by Anonymousreply 207December 1, 2022 3:17 PM

Well King Charles was Prince Charles his whole life until a few months ago, and he could've taken any of his names as a Regnal name, so changing ones name is hardly some act of bad faith. Queen Camilla was Mrs. Parker Bowles a good long while, too.

Royalists are all hypocrites by nature.

by Anonymousreply 208December 1, 2022 3:17 PM

Ngozi Fulani and her two-year-old daughter with King Charles at a Prince's Trust event in December 1997.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209December 1, 2022 3:19 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210December 1, 2022 3:19 PM

Are you triggered, R206? Do you need a safe space?

This whole incident is about an out of touch elitist making generalizations. You might want to step back and gain some perspective.

R205, try to stay on topic. We're discussing the racist royalist. Lady SH is the big fuck up here.

by Anonymousreply 211December 1, 2022 3:20 PM

Why would anyone ask someone what their ethnic origin is? That's rude on every conceivable level.

If Hussey had said something like "I thought you were Caribbean but your name sounds East African" that would be one thing, still rude but a pointed question being asked for a reason, but swiping the woman's hair away and demanding "where are you from" five times is completely different.

by Anonymousreply 212December 1, 2022 3:21 PM

r212 But is it selective outrage?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213December 1, 2022 3:22 PM

If she was going by Ngozi Fulani in 1997 as r209's link seems to show, then she's been using the name for at least 25 years.

All the people claiming she's really named Marlene -- based on some asshole's comment on Reddit -- probably wouldn't say anything about some guy going by a nickname for the last 25 years. They think they're making a larger point, but it's just the same point they make about any black person who criticizes the royal family and their associates: they're liars and con artists.

by Anonymousreply 214December 1, 2022 3:24 PM

The whole alleged incident, r211, was actually at a very important event, part of the United Nations campaign against violence against women. In addition to Camilla, there were many other female dignitaries there and many women who work to eradicate domestic violence.

This Faluni fraud has taken this one incident, which we can't even trust took place as she alleges, and is using it to overshadow this important event on a crucial subject.

by Anonymousreply 215December 1, 2022 3:25 PM

[quote] Are you triggered, [R206]? Do you need a safe space?

[quote]This whole incident is about an out of touch elitist making generalizations. You might want to step back and gain some perspective.

R202 / R211: look up the definition of projection. It is RICH that you are calling out myself and other posters when you accuse EVERYONE who supports the British Government of being “MAGA and anti-trans”. In doing so YOU have NO sense of “perspective”.

by Anonymousreply 216December 1, 2022 3:25 PM

Someone was with Fulani and has said the incident took place, but she's also an uppity Negress, so you won't believe her, either.

by Anonymousreply 217December 1, 2022 3:26 PM

We wouldn't give a shit about her names, r214, if she hadn't made such a big deal about being asked whether she was African or Caribbean. Turns out she's of Caribbean heritage but fakes being of African heritage.

by Anonymousreply 218December 1, 2022 3:27 PM

also given American politics, the lens of social justice which the world has adopted... this sets up the premise ofor ados, which incidentally, don't count Jamaicans among the "black" experience and view them as co-opting the racial justice movement.

by Anonymousreply 219December 1, 2022 3:27 PM

"All members of the Household are being reminded of the diversity and inclusivity policies which they are required to uphold at all times."

Yes, one must be reminded of "policies" about this.

Fucking creatures.

by Anonymousreply 220December 1, 2022 3:27 PM

[quote] This Faluni fraud has taken this one incident, which we can't even trust took place as she alleges, and is using it to overshadow this important event on a crucial subject.

Thank you for highlighting this point, R215.

by Anonymousreply 221December 1, 2022 3:28 PM

Mandu Reid saw it and confirmed that it happened.

Buckingham Palace is investigating and has already said the comments were "unacceptable and deeply regrettable." Prince William agreed, when making his own statement.

But you guys keep saying that it never happened, I'm sure that will work out for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222December 1, 2022 3:29 PM

plus with so many that id as black, you'd think it would be a rather common question. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223December 1, 2022 3:32 PM

[quote] then she had a race transplant so that she could level charges of racism against his fsmily and cash in big on it.

[quote] [R97] You're not far off reality. Up until Megs married into the BRF, she had complete control of her environment, nothing was written, said about or done to Megs publicly without her prior approval. Suddenly, she was in a situation where she was no longer in complete control, far too many people/situations/events for her to wield absolute authority. THAT'S when Megs became black, knowing that the racism tag was the bludgeon she needed to keep all of the disparate people now affecting her life under her complete control.

by Anonymousreply 224December 1, 2022 3:33 PM

again, if asked of most others, would it be viewed as offensive or racially inflammatory?

Next people will be calling DLers racists for accusing others of being Russian bots, "oh, dear" replies or saying learn english.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225December 1, 2022 3:33 PM

She's been very clear that her ancestry is African. You are all aware that a lot of people in the Caribbean are of African ancestry, right? You've heard of Afro-Caribbean peoples, yes? And that there are a lot of British Afro-Caribbean people, whom you may have heard of with the not-so-distant news stories about the Windrush Generation?

I honestly do not know what is up with the people on here, Reddit, Twitter, and other large groupings of assholes who apparently think there is no overlap in African and Caribbean ancestry.

Anyone who has worked in the capacity Lady Hussey has worked in would be very familiar with the concept of a British Afro-Caribbean woman and wouldn't need to ask five times where they were from.

by Anonymousreply 226December 1, 2022 3:34 PM

[quote]So much for Freedom of Speech and the First Amendment for Prince William's Godmother.

The First Amendment.

In the United Kingdom.

Just how many times did your mother drop you on your head as a child?

by Anonymousreply 227December 1, 2022 3:37 PM

That First Amendment comment has to be a joke.

by Anonymousreply 228December 1, 2022 3:38 PM

[quote] the bludgeon she needed to keep all of the disparate people now affecting her life under her complete control.

More and more these “racist!” claims are beginning to appear like this. Faluni Fraud Lady, Walmart Wallis, Jussie Smollett et al do an actual disservice to those like George Floyd and others who experience actual detriment rather than crowing “victim” continuously.

by Anonymousreply 229December 1, 2022 3:39 PM

Inquiring gay males on the datalounge - including me- want to know

Is Hussey a HUSSY?

by Anonymousreply 230December 1, 2022 3:39 PM

Everyone should just be treated like a Jew.

Ask labour, you can't be racist against Jews.

by Anonymousreply 231December 1, 2022 3:39 PM

R221 = sock puppet

by Anonymousreply 232December 1, 2022 3:42 PM

r199 She's just a victim of colonism. . . she should be segregated as determined by the law of political correctioness and returned to the nation that best befits her appearance.

by Anonymousreply 233December 1, 2022 3:43 PM

^ colonialism

by Anonymousreply 234December 1, 2022 3:43 PM

Mandu Reid is hardly objective, r222. Aren't she and Fulani old friends?

by Anonymousreply 235December 1, 2022 3:43 PM

Anyone darker than a paper bag is "hardly objective" to you I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 236December 1, 2022 3:45 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237December 1, 2022 3:45 PM

Make up whatever you want about it, r235. I already said you wouldn't believe the uppity Negress who said she witnessed the event. Don't come asking me questions to support whatever weird conspiracy theory you've come up with in your shriveled raisin brain, to "prove" that it's all just a lie.

by Anonymousreply 238December 1, 2022 3:46 PM

R226, there's a big difference between African and Caribbean names and African and Caribbean dress. Headley is of Caribbean origin but has appropriated an African name and African dress.

Besides, what you're saying is racist. You're implying that because someone might have a family background from a certain part of the world then they have some kind of connection to that region - this kind of thinking is precisely what Ngozi Faluni objected to.

by Anonymousreply 239December 1, 2022 3:47 PM

I hate Donald Trump. Before he took office, I put a Tuck Donald Frump magnet on my fride. No, I am not MAGA. Sorry. Things aren't so easy.

by Anonymousreply 240December 1, 2022 3:49 PM

She's an activist who has taken an African name for herself. Again, activists have been doing this since the 1960s, and it became trendy among regular people in the US in the 1970s with the Black Power and Afrocentrism movements.

To be shocked by someone taking an African name in 2022 is ridiculous. Did the last fifty years not happen for you?

by Anonymousreply 241December 1, 2022 3:49 PM

r239 while dressing like Wilma Flintstone

by Anonymousreply 242December 1, 2022 3:49 PM

r241 toss in Kanye's reconstructionist views.

by Anonymousreply 243December 1, 2022 3:50 PM

[quote]You're implying that because someone might have a family background from a certain part of the world then they have some kind of connection to that region - this kind of thinking is precisely what Ngozi Faluni objected to.

You're ridiculous. You haven't even read what she reported she said, have you? Read the last sentence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244December 1, 2022 3:50 PM

r242 or I suppose I should say Fred with Wilma's necklace.

by Anonymousreply 245December 1, 2022 3:51 PM

Mandu Reid is the leader of a ridiculous political party, r238. She has a particular political angle and oh so conveniently happened to be standing within hearing distance of this alleged conversation.

Why are you using American-style language to talk about a British woman and something that happened in Britain, though?

by Anonymousreply 246December 1, 2022 3:51 PM

KC really must revoke the titles from the Duke and Duchess of Gaslighting. To save the rest of the family now and into the future, he really must. Once he's done that, all of these attacks or criticisms of the BRF will look a lot more like what they actually are--petty spiteful vengeance.

by Anonymousreply 247December 1, 2022 3:52 PM

So just to confirm whether or not the events happened the way they were described... Did Fulani give that hussy permission to lay her decrepit crypt keeper hands on her and brush aside her hair? Did Fulani answer that hussy's question about where she was from 4 or more times? And did that hussy keep asking her repeatedly even after all the answers she gave?

by Anonymousreply 248December 1, 2022 3:52 PM

[quote]She has a particular political angle and oh so conveniently happened to be standing within hearing distance of this alleged conversation.

So I'm to take it that you and the rest of your brain trust on this thread have decided that Mandu Reid and Ngozi Fulani went to this event with the sole, express purpose of finding an old woman working for the Palace and faking a racist interaction with her, then?

by Anonymousreply 249December 1, 2022 3:54 PM

R244, if that was her first sentence and not her last sentence then this whole incident would have been over immediately before it started. The entire problem was caused by Fulani not simply explaining her cultural background, which it was not unreasonable to ask considering how she was dressed, her name and given that her charity explicitly states that it works with women of African and Caribbean origin.

by Anonymousreply 250December 1, 2022 3:55 PM

Lol, no r249 (although I wouldn't put it past Fulani, considering how she seems to be in with Misan Harriman). I'm saying that Mandu Reid and Fulani are friends and, as friends, were standing together at the function. Reid wasn't an objective witness who simply overheard this alleged interaction. She was standing there because she was standing with her friend Fulani.

by Anonymousreply 251December 1, 2022 3:58 PM

"She should have expected to be asked where she came from with a name like that and clothes like those!" is just the dumbest damn thing to say. You sound like a bunch of hicks.

by Anonymousreply 252December 1, 2022 3:59 PM

Again, I'm sure the Klan Grannies would be perfectly fine with this old woman grabbing them by the shoulders and repeatedly demanding to know if they're one of them homosexuals.

by Anonymousreply 253December 1, 2022 3:59 PM

[quote] So I'm to take it that you and the rest of your brain trust on this thread have decided that Mandu Reid and Ngozi Fulani went to this event with the sole, express purpose of finding an old woman working for the Palace and faking a racist interaction with her, then?

Not the poster you are corresponding with, but find it curious that Faluni shows up at a BRF event when she has accused them of “domestic violence” previously.

So from the get go, it sounds like she might have wanted to get into it with the BRF at this event?

by Anonymousreply 254December 1, 2022 3:59 PM

[quote]Lol, no [R249] (although I wouldn't put it past Fulani

Okay, so, yes, you believe Fulani may have finagled an invite and went there with the express purpose to take down an old former lady-in-waiting with a fake racist interaction. Got it.

[quote]Reid wasn't an objective witness who simply overheard this alleged interaction. She was standing there because she was standing with her friend Fulani.

You also think that the interaction didn't happen because Fulani was standing next to a friend of hers. Sure.

by Anonymousreply 255December 1, 2022 4:01 PM

Hmm, I think "went" should be "gone" in r255. Maybe.

by Anonymousreply 256December 1, 2022 4:01 PM

That picture...very rich people who can afford better haircuts and teeth.

by Anonymousreply 257December 1, 2022 4:04 PM

Even though I'm American born and bred, I have some German ancestry, so I'm going to start using the name "Reinhold" and wear lederhosen. If anyone questions me if I'm from Germany, I'll yell at them. I'm so inspired by this woman!

by Anonymousreply 258December 1, 2022 4:09 PM

[quote] Even though I'm American born and bred, I have some German ancestry, so I'm going to start using the name "Reinhold" and wear lederhosen. If anyone questions me if I'm from Germany, I'll yell at them. I'm so inspired by this woman!

Pfffft! Coffee all over the phone from laughter!

Great analogy and a stark reminder of the hilarity of Ngozi’s whole schtick. We’d laugh if we saw you, but others are expected to be reverent when they see a “British” woman dressed like Wilma Flintstone at the palace.

She - like Markle - comes off as scammy.

by Anonymousreply 259December 1, 2022 4:15 PM

I posted this in the REVENGE 15 thread but it may fit better here:

Many African-Americans are sensitive about white people touching their hair - natural hair is apparently a longstanding object of curiosity for a lot of white folks, and some of them feel entitled to touch without permission, especially when it is babies' hair. This is far more common among women than men.

However, in many parts of America, if a random black person were touching a white woman's hair without permission, cops would have them on the ground at gunpoint in seconds

In the case of Lady SH, her action was done in order to see Fulani's name badge, because her braided locks obscured it. I suppose if you are bent on taking offense, you would find it offensive. I don't think it was done out of a sense of entitlement. I haven't heard the conversation that apparently was recorded, but I would venture to say that an 83-year old woman finding herself working for a new monarch after many decades of prior service, might have had some issues in making her question clear, and perhaps had phrased it inartfully.

by Anonymousreply 260December 1, 2022 4:19 PM

R258 has never been to a St. Patrick's Day event in their life.

by Anonymousreply 261December 1, 2022 4:19 PM

The repeated linking of this incident to the Sussexes is just underscoring your own racism, BRF trolls.

You really don't get this, do you? This incident has nothing to do with Meghan and Harry. Nothing. But making it somehow about them shows that you see it all as a grand conspiracy that "they" are all in on together.

Racist as fuck, and made plain as day by the trolls self-reporting.

by Anonymousreply 262December 1, 2022 4:21 PM

The ways people twist and tie them into knots to justify this old racist hag. Impressive SMH.

by Anonymousreply 263December 1, 2022 4:21 PM

Look, British citizens with African and/or African-Caribbean ancestry are the largest ethnic minority population in Britain, they're about 3% of the total population.

There are a lot of Afro-Caribbean people in Britain. No one actually IN Britain is going to be confused if they see what they believe to be a Caribbean person with an African name, nor would they ask "which one are you" because many are BOTH African and Caribbean. That's what Afro-Caribbean means.

I just don't think any of the people on this thread saying that Lady Suspect Hussey simply wanted to know whether Ngozi was African or Caribbean really ARE British, because if they were, they wouldn't even be saying such a thing.

by Anonymousreply 264December 1, 2022 4:24 PM

R264, you had me until the last paragraph. The fact that this incident took place disproves your claim that absolutely no Briton would ever act the way a high-ranking Royal aide did. Obviously racism is an actual problem in Britain, despite what you claim.

by Anonymousreply 265December 1, 2022 4:32 PM

R262, the reason some are seeing links to Harry and Meghan is because their best buddy Misan Harriman almost immediately tweeted (although that tweet now seems to be deleted) and Instagrammed about it. He seems to know Faluni, even if he is inflating her importance, given how that room was full of women who've dedicated their lives to protecting women who are victims of domestic violence. It's also a bit odd that he doesn't understand that the Palace was celebrating her by inviting her to that event, although I'm not sure who the "they" he refers to is, as even Fulani herself only mentioned one specific person. It sounds like he's trying to implicate the whole royal family by saying "they".

He tweeted/Instagrammed:

[quote]This is completely unacceptable. Ngozi Fulani is a GIANT in her field. She has dedicated her life to protecting women that are survivors of domestic violence. They should have known who she was and celebrated the fact that she is one of the souls that makes this country great. @sistahspace_

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266December 1, 2022 4:33 PM

[quote] The repeated linking of this incident to the Sussexes is just underscoring your own racism, BRF trolls.

Except Faluni has linked herself to the Sussexes, so your argument holds no water, R262.

She is a member - apparently like yourself - of the Sussex , er Sewage Squad. She has commented unfavourably on the BRF and favourably on Markle.

They are also linked via Harriman.

So there is context for the linkage. They are not unrelated; so save the racist complaints. You are crying wolf…..

by Anonymousreply 267December 1, 2022 4:34 PM

R266, lol, no. Just no.

You really can't control yourself, can you? It's so deeply ingrained, you have no idea. By the way, you're literally describing the racist conspiracy theory I referenced in my post. You really DO believe "they're all in on it." Unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 268December 1, 2022 4:36 PM

Sure, R267. "Wink wink."

by Anonymousreply 269December 1, 2022 4:37 PM

I didn't claim anything of the sort, r265. I never said it wasn't racist! I said the OPPOSITE.

What I'm saying is that the people on here who insist that it would be NORMAL for a Briton to ask "African or Caribbean" of someone who is Afro-Caribbean are completely wrong. That wouldn't be normal at all. The only reason someone would be asking it is if they had some weird racist idea in their head that they just absolutely must know which race that person really was.

by Anonymousreply 270December 1, 2022 4:37 PM

[quote]This incident has nothing to do with Meghan and Harry. Nothing.

Susan, Lady Hussey is the lady in waiting who was a liaison for Meghan when she first joined the royal household, apparently. She's the one that said Meghan's and Harry's marriage would "end in tears," making her a hero to the Meghan hater trolls.

They keep curiously forgetting to mention this link between Hussey and Meghan, though. How odd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271December 1, 2022 4:40 PM

it seems like everything is viewed through a racist lens because said person is "black" yet it would be considered absurd if applied to virtually anyone else...

from moving the hair to asking someone based on accent, state of dress, or other aspects that promote curiousity. . . Or even just the circlejerks of detailing family histories. . .

It often seems by those most outraged by this... there's really no action, interaction or lack of, that wouldn't be viewed as racist.

If you don't interact - racist

if you walk on egg shells to avoid offense - racist

if you do interact - racist

by Anonymousreply 272December 1, 2022 4:50 PM

Meghan and Harry have nothing to do with this incident. If you think they do, you are a racist conspiracy theorist. Relationships with the people involved does not equal relevance. All of these people probably have multiple overlapping relationships with countless others. Singling out Meghan and Harry as somehow having something to do with this incident is racist.

by Anonymousreply 273December 1, 2022 4:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274December 1, 2022 4:56 PM

[quote] Meghan and Harry have nothing to do with this incident. If you think they do, you are a racist conspiracy theorist. Relationships with the people involved does not equal relevance. All of these people probably have multiple overlapping relationships with countless others. Singling out Meghan and Harry as somehow having something to do with this incident is racist.

Strongly disagree. Markle has everything to do with this as RaCiSm is the stick she and her husband use to control others. She’s lobbed it primarily against the BRF as they have not bent to her will. She, like Trump, has used divisive tactics to estrange not only the BRF but many, many she has encountered in her life: her own family, former friends, colleagues, staff and even those that have encountered her randomly.

The RaCiSm claim is an emotional issue and she’s brought it to the forefront with the BRF, so another Markle supporter aka Faluni aka Headley also brings it up after complaining about Markle’s treatment by the BRF in the past. It’s duly connected.

Meg in the Wild State is fair-skinned (notice her ever-changing skin color….especially when fronting Black initiatives). Can you believe that she taunted POC who were darker in school?

She’s only taken up the Race Angle with the BRF because as another poster astutely noted, she does not have complete control over the many moving parts of the British Government.

by Anonymousreply 275December 1, 2022 5:06 PM

Hold up, r273, are you saying that pointing out that Hussey was one of the racist people in the Palace that Meghan talked about in the past means I'm a racist conspiracy theorist?

Silly me, I thought I was pointing out that Hussey has a history of racism and that her behavior over the years implies the Palace has not taken these incidents seriously.

by Anonymousreply 276December 1, 2022 5:07 PM

I got your number, Hussey!

by Anonymousreply 277December 1, 2022 5:11 PM

What link between Hussey and Meghan, r271? Meghan would have had little to do with ladies-in-waiting. She didn't even live in the palace. A large number of people would have been available to help her. And who knows what exactly Hussey said about Meghan and Harry's marriage, but if she was sceptical about it then she would be an easy target.

by Anonymousreply 278December 1, 2022 5:23 PM

[quote]What link between Hussey and Meghan, [R271]?

Uh, the one I explained in r271.

Here's another link with specifics, mainly [italic] "Lady Susan visited Meghan at Nottingham Cottage - the property in the grounds of Kensington Palace where she lived with Harry - to offer advice and help when she joined the Royal Family." [/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279December 1, 2022 5:32 PM

if a racist shits in the woods, is it an act of racism?

by Anonymousreply 280December 1, 2022 5:45 PM

[quote]Even though I'm American born and bred, I have some German ancestry, so I'm going to start using the name "Reinhold" and wear lederhosen. If anyone questions me if I'm from Germany, I'll yell at them. I'm so inspired by this woman!

And if anybody grabs you by the shoulders and obsessively demands to know how many Jews you killed you'll just laugh it off, right?

by Anonymousreply 281December 1, 2022 5:52 PM

That isn't an explanation, r279, that's putting two and two together and coming up with five. Meghan met lots of people in her brief time as a "working royal" and had her own team. Hussey visiting her on one occasion doesn't mean anything.

It's hilarious also that you're using one of the worst tabloids for trashy royal coverage. Aren't you Megstans meant to be against the tabloids and their coverage of the royal family?

by Anonymousreply 282December 1, 2022 6:40 PM

[quote] Why would anyone ask someone what their ethnic origin is? That's rude on every conceivable level.

Asking questions is rude.

Asking questions is Word-Crime

by Anonymousreply 283December 1, 2022 8:40 PM

race hustler

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284December 1, 2022 8:50 PM

She turned up at a Buckingham Palace reception dressed like a Zulu, yet took offence at being mistaken for an African.

by Anonymousreply 285December 1, 2022 8:55 PM

She's been on the news all day giving interviews, and with each one, she seems less and less creditable.

Meanwhile, Kate and William are still drawing wildly enthusiastic crowds - out in a town in MA today, some young woman burst into tears at meeting them.

And, just to remind ourselves who we are and where we are . . . Kate looked regally elegant today and wore a stunning coat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286December 2, 2022 12:10 AM

[quote] Great analogy and a stark reminder of the hilarity of Ngozi’s whole schtick. We’d laugh if we saw you, but others are expected to be reverent when they see a “British” woman dressed like Wilma Flintstone at the palace.

[quote] She - like Markle - comes off as scammy.

Marlene Headley is beginning to anger quite a few individuals:

1) Africans for her cultural appropriation. Nigerians do NOT appreciate her taking on their name or clothing style. They are calling her the new Rachel Dolezal.

2) Apparently she has not been honest about the event. She stated she was so taken aback from Susan Hussey’s conversation, she could not confront Camilla and left shortly thereafter. However video evidence reveals her actions do not match her words. Apparently, after the incident, Headley and Co. stayed around and did end up speaking with Camilla; but NOT mentioning the affronting incident to her. Instead, she publicly airs her grievances via social media and makes the tv interview rounds. Oh, and she uses the RACiSt! Incident to gain monies for her own purposes. Hmmmmmm. Talk about déclassé. She also speaks out of both sides of her mouth: condemning Hussey, but says she does not want the octogenarian dismissed…..after dismissal has already occurred.

3) Apparently, Hussey is devastated. Headley was not invited by BP directly but was rather a +1 for another group. (Why she even attended the event when she accused the BRF of “domestic violence against Markle remains to be seen. She comes off as a hypocrite.) It seems Hussey was clumsily attempting to find out the deets about Headley: who she was and why she was there as to give Camilla the heads up (apparently her job as LIW for the queen), and Headley was evasive with monosyllabic answers and obscured ID. Now Headley’s evasive actions make sense with the cultural appropriation complaints.

4) Headley is part of the Sussex Squad and the timing of this with the bizarre behaviour (word for word replay via Twitter) suggests this may all be more than first appearances. Indeed many are now saying that Headley is problematic at her domestic violence charity. Apparently she calls all Caucasians “racist” and has refused assistance to those who have any connection to such individuals (aka Biracials).

Yes, the woman appears scammy like Markle.

by Anonymousreply 287December 2, 2022 12:40 AM

R287 That is a brilliant summary of this grifting woman who takes pleasure in exerting power over the 'crackers'.

by Anonymousreply 288December 2, 2022 12:50 AM

We knew it was a smear campaign from the beginning.

Apparently, a mixed race woman posted somewhere that the organisation refused to help her with a DV situation because she wasn't black enough.

I think there's plenty of material here for William to work with when he gets home.

by Anonymousreply 289December 2, 2022 12:58 AM

I don't know if this genuine. And I don't if the grafter was wearing microphone or not.

But the whole thing sounds TORTURED and unnecessary!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290December 2, 2022 1:04 AM

This tri-continental grifter is funded by BLM.

by Anonymousreply 291December 2, 2022 1:10 AM

At least they aren't asking for Reparations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292December 2, 2022 1:14 AM

Poor Camilla looks quite nonplussed at the Nigerian display of Nigerian-ness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293December 2, 2022 1:21 AM

Any person running a charity exclusively for only one ethnic group in the UK has no place calling out anyone at all for Racism!

by Anonymousreply 294December 2, 2022 1:27 AM

Record number of people blocked. I love post like this. Makes it easier to single them out even the ones who create word salads trying to not seem racist.

by Anonymousreply 295December 2, 2022 1:37 AM

Ah, R295, you are obviously a very special and PURE person.

You're an exemplar of the "Holier-than-thou' syndrome

We appreciate you displaying your superior virtue here to us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296December 2, 2022 1:44 AM

I'm gonna say this one more time. It's offensive for a person to ask where are you REALLY from if they tell you one thing. For you to not accept it or want to delve more because you are curious about a total stranger heritage is wrong. it suggests you need this information to form judgments about them. Just because you are fine with it doesn't mean everyone is.

You need to stop doing this. If you know someone or you feel some kind of openness about sharing YOUR heritage with them and they seem interested, then it seems natural that they may want to share theirs too, then that is fine to ask. But stop trying to rationalize your thinking that people off-white can't feel at home in the United States and/or Great Britain. And identify with these country and not some place their ancestors came from that they know nothing about. Not everyone is connected to their ethnic culture. People don't want to be harassed by total strangers.

by Anonymousreply 297December 2, 2022 3:09 AM

You're very demanding, R297

You need to write out your demands on a small enamel sign and hang it on a chain around your neck so they every new person you meet in your life will know your special demands beforehand and not offend you.

by Anonymousreply 298December 2, 2022 3:12 AM

[quote] I'm gonna say this one more time…

I’m gonna let you finish, but Beyoncé had…

by Anonymousreply 299December 2, 2022 3:20 AM

Why does anyone with the IQ of a grapefruit just assume Ngozi's account is impeccably accurate?

by Anonymousreply 300December 2, 2022 4:02 AM

Because Charles had the old cunt thrown out on her bony ass. She's done. Lasted a month.

by Anonymousreply 301December 2, 2022 4:10 AM

R301, she's been around forever. She "resigned" as a martyr to the SJWokester brigade.

by Anonymousreply 302December 2, 2022 4:12 AM

[quote] Meghan is vindicated.

She most certainly is not, you stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 303December 2, 2022 4:14 AM

[quote] That old lady touched the guest's hair, then kept shouting and demanding to know where she was from, despite the woman repeatedly telling her she was from England. That's disgusting.

If that indeed happened then it's obvious that the "old lady" may be suffering from dementia. Sounds to me that's exactly what the situation was; not one of racism, but one of an elderly person confused by mental deterioration due to advanced age.

by Anonymousreply 304December 2, 2022 4:19 AM

R302, not under the current Queen Consort.

by Anonymousreply 305December 2, 2022 4:25 AM

[quote] If that indeed happened

But did you see that in a video, R304?

Or are you believing the testimony of the visitor who was determined to make the royals suffer?

by Anonymousreply 306December 2, 2022 4:28 AM

If indeed the excuse is dementia, she should have retired upon The Queen's death. Her daughter already works for Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 307December 2, 2022 4:41 AM

I have reversed my thinking that Lady Hussey has been unfairly pilloried for an innocent mistake. I can now see why Fulani was so offended, although I certainly disagree with her estimation that MM suffered domestic violence at the hands of the BRF, and that it was acceptable to record private conversations at that event.

In touching Fulani's hair, pushing it aside to see her name tag, and by repeatedly insisting that Fulani answer her quite personal questions, Lady Hussy was demeaning and disrespectful. Would she have taken the same liberties with everyone else? How would she herself have felt if someone did the same to her?

by Anonymousreply 308December 2, 2022 5:05 AM

[quote] pushing it aside to see her name tag

But did you see that in a video, [R308]?

Or are you believing the testimony of the visitor who was determined to make the royals suffer?

by Anonymousreply 309December 2, 2022 5:21 AM

No hand has been near the Hussey's sagging tits in 50 years. Wanted, or otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 310December 2, 2022 5:23 AM

Oh, R310, tell me you're 16 years old.

by Anonymousreply 311December 2, 2022 5:35 AM

[quote]r126 she had an perfectly good name, from a perfectly respectable sounding family

You mean, more white sounding?

by Anonymousreply 312December 2, 2022 6:01 AM

This monarchy isn’t going to last. It’s imploding.

by Anonymousreply 313December 2, 2022 6:17 AM

The monarchy will last, because Britons stubbornly want to keep it. Andrew will fade into obscurity. The Sussexes will eventually run out of steam and people will turn away in boredom and/or disgust. What may diminish markedly is the Commonwealth. No loss to the UK.

by Anonymousreply 314December 2, 2022 6:30 AM

Lol, no r313, the monarchy isn't imploding because of some vague accusations from lying grifters.

by Anonymousreply 315December 2, 2022 6:47 AM

R308, in the course of your thinking, did it ever cross your mind that Headley could be exaggerating, misrepresenting or even straight up lying?

by Anonymousreply 316December 2, 2022 6:53 AM

R312 I’m not R126 so forgive me for jumping in but she chose a Nigerian sounding name even though she apparently has no Nigerian heritage. Her choice to call herself whatever, of course, but with the name and her personal styling, it does beg the question of whether she has an agenda.

by Anonymousreply 317December 2, 2022 6:54 AM

Charles hasn't put one foot forward as of yet- acting like an ass over the pens, everything he does is like a spoiled child.

by Anonymousreply 318December 2, 2022 6:54 AM

R316, did she not record the conversation? (That in itself is outrageous, but...)

R308

by Anonymousreply 319December 2, 2022 7:26 AM

Meghan Markle faced ‘very real’ threats from far right - says Neil Basu who was in charge of some of Britain's biggest policing operations of the last decade. He also spoke about battles with his own colleagues on racism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320December 2, 2022 8:28 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321December 2, 2022 8:46 AM

R313 it isn't, actually. The only opinion that matters is the British, and they detest the Sussexes and side with the monarchy.

Suggest you you take a look at the comments below the line on every single one of the UK papers covering the Netflix trailer.

This too shall pass. What is imploding is the last shreds of Harry's ties with his family. William and Kate will go on doing their jobs. The Sussexes look spiteful and rather creepy. Time rolls on.

One day, Harry and Meghan will be old farts or dead and William will be King and his son after him.

by Anonymousreply 322December 2, 2022 11:37 AM

Where is the record of all these arrests that were made of people threatening Markle?

As for Lady Hussey, unless there's a video of her touching the faux Nigerian's hair, I'm not buying it. The woman spent almost her entire life in royal service where protocol is prarmount. Is it rude to keep asking someone where they are from? Definitely. Racism? That's a stretch. And why was the faux Nigerian mic'd up in the first place? Seems she had an agenda far beyond just attending her event.

by Anonymousreply 323December 2, 2022 2:41 PM

A former counter-terrorism officer revealed in an interview with Britain’s Channel 4 News that Meghan Markle was the subject of 'disgusting and very real' threats to her safety, with much of the hatred toward her rooted in right-wing extremism. Other members of the royal family didn't face these types of attacks. The far-right extremism is the fastest growing threat in the United Kingdom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324December 2, 2022 4:26 PM

R323 It's fake news.

by Anonymousreply 325December 2, 2022 4:41 PM

[quote] I have reversed my thinking that Lady Hussey has been unfairly pilloried for an innocent mistake. I can now see why Fulani was so offended, although I certainly disagree with her estimation that MM suffered domestic violence at the hands of the BRF, and that it was acceptable to record private conversations at that event.

[quote] In touching Fulani's hair, pushing it aside to see her name tag, and by repeatedly insisting that Fulani answer her quite personal questions, Lady Hussy was demeaning and disrespectful. Would she have taken the same liberties with everyone else? How would she herself have felt if someone did the same to her?

We get it, R308. YOU have changed your opinion. Not necessary to spam multiple threads with this very same post. Once is enough, thank you very much.

That said, Marlene Headley aka Ngozi Faluni LIED on her tv interview(s) saying she had not posted anything about Meghan Markle (on SM) when there is clear evidence that this is not the case.

So being a Sussex fan, there is clearly more to this story than meets the eye with Headley-Faluni. I would think video evidence exists to document Headley aka Faluni- Hussey interaction. Until that time, perhaps wait before jumping in to change your opinion yet AGAIN as Marlene Headley aka Ngozi Faluni’s credibility seems suspect.

by Anonymousreply 326December 2, 2022 5:40 PM

Senior member? The old hag was little more than some old broad who followed the queen around for years keeping watch over whether she had toilet tissue hanging our of her ass before she went before the public. I seriously doubt Charles even knew what the old thing's name was.

by Anonymousreply 327December 2, 2022 7:27 PM

Susan Hussey is one of William’s godparents, R327.

by Anonymousreply 328December 2, 2022 7:45 PM

R327, must be as daft as the ild hag

by Anonymousreply 329December 2, 2022 7:53 PM

By many accounts, and indeed images, Hussey was perhaps the closest of all the late Queen's Ladies in Waiting, for decades.

Hence King Charles's retaining her (briefly) for knowledge and continuity. This makes Hussey's social clumsiness all the more surprising. Her late monarch is extremely unlikely ever to have behaved in such a manner.

by Anonymousreply 330December 2, 2022 8:07 PM

The late Queen was probably pretty astute for her age while probably 'only' struggling from physical decrepitude. We don't know about Lady Hussey's astuteness though. Plus, she might also still be struggling with the late Queen's demise and the subsequent changes within the royal household. Camilla might have kept her as Lady in Waiting out of sheer kindness and considerateness.

by Anonymousreply 331December 2, 2022 8:19 PM

*while probably 'only' SUFFERING from physical decrepitude

by Anonymousreply 332December 2, 2022 8:20 PM

Is that Nigerian flag color scheme?

What are those things hanging off the ears?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333December 2, 2022 8:34 PM

The Ngozi Fulani story is as distressing as the Monique Pugh story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334December 2, 2022 8:40 PM

[quote] Ngozi Fulani

No, no. This woman's name is "Marlene Headley" and was named after Marlene Dietrich.

She is a faker!

by Anonymousreply 335December 2, 2022 8:53 PM

[quote] Senior Member of King Charles' Team

She is going 'viral' on Twitter.

60,300 tweets and mots of them are in support.

by Anonymousreply 336December 2, 2022 9:37 PM

^

** most of them**

by Anonymousreply 337December 2, 2022 9:56 PM

[quote] Or are you believing the testimony of the visitor who was determined to make the royals suffer?

Well, that's wha the woman screaming "RADISM!" said; the old lady pushed her hair off her name tag and repeatedly asked where she was from I don't know if it happened or not but that's what she said and that's what people believe. I myself blieve that if the incident did happen it's nothing to get upset about it. From the way this has been publicized you would think the dotty old lady called her the n-word, loudly and repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 338December 2, 2022 11:58 PM

Fascinating though that the Royals, who would formerly respond with icy neutrality at best - to imply continued perfection - so swiftly conceded culpability, in both words and deeds. No contest.

by Anonymousreply 339December 3, 2022 3:38 AM

Both of them are Race-baiters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340December 3, 2022 10:07 AM

Thoughts about Hussey in the pic @ R340. She wouldn't have needed to move his hair to see his medals. If he was deemed suitable to escort her, he probably went to Eton. His accent and training would have satisfied Hussey from the word go, as would his unquestioning deference. She was fully in charge, with no need to assert top-down interrogation.

by Anonymousreply 341December 3, 2022 10:36 AM

[quote] She was fully in charge

No, R341, she was dumped.

by Anonymousreply 342December 3, 2022 10:43 AM

Who is the woman in the photo with Fulani at R340?

by Anonymousreply 343December 3, 2022 2:56 PM

Diane Abbott, MP for Hackney, r343.

by Anonymousreply 344December 3, 2022 3:53 PM

A woman with two names and three homelands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345December 3, 2022 6:58 PM

Lady Hussey never stood a chance against that vile piece of shit, bullying an 82 year old out of the job that she’s done go 60 years and without pay.

I have worked with dozens of women like her, they call themselves strong black women, in reality they are the very definition of ABW, or BBWA as we used to call them, black bitches with attitude.

It is telling that her job is working with African and Caribbean women who have suffered abuse, this is so that she doesn’t have to work with white women. Given that she terms someone asking her where she comes from as abuse that will be the easiest job that you can imagine. She will get shit loads of funding because it’s an ‘minority ethnic’ group. Nobody will ever dare to question this ‘organisation’ or their finances for fear of her playing the race card, which she would. I would bet my house that group will be mostly a group of women talking about their shared experiences as black women, and hating on whites.

by Anonymousreply 346December 5, 2022 6:33 AM

I doubt she's going to be getting much funding after this, r346, especially now that the spotlight has been shone on her organisation and it's been shown to be a scam. If it was a legitimate organisation that helped women sufferers of domestic violence, she would never have kicked up this fuss and appreciated the opportunity offered her by attending this UN event at Buckingham Palace.

by Anonymousreply 347December 5, 2022 6:44 AM

Enough with the Hussey and "no pay". All her expenses for travel were paid, she was given a clothing allowance and was a powerful person in the BRF. She wasn't Mother Theresa.

by Anonymousreply 348December 5, 2022 7:03 AM

R348 We are not fucking idiots, of course she had great perks. Would you have expected her to pay towards the petrol when she traveled to a function alongside the Queen in her Rolls Royce? Yes she is extremely wealthy, that’s just the way it goes, but she did not deserve to be cancelled by some uppity cunt with a rain forest sized chip on her shoulder, who fronts a scam organisation.

by Anonymousreply 349December 5, 2022 8:55 AM

Moral of story: Don't invite Fulani. If you're at an event with her, don't talk to her.

by Anonymousreply 350December 6, 2022 11:18 PM

Moral of the story: Never speak to anybody who looks like they escaped from Lion King.

by Anonymousreply 351December 6, 2022 11:39 PM

Well done to Lady Hussey and the royal family for being the bigger people. Can't wait to see Fulani's tweet about it and her condemnation of the abuse on social media that Lady Hussey has been subjected to. The investigation into her alleged charity should continue, of course.

[quote]A statement from Buckingham Palace and Ngozi Fulani, Founder of Sistah Space

[quote]Published 16 December 2022

[quote]A meeting took place this morning, 16th December, at Buckingham Palace between Ms Ngozi Fulani, founder of Sistah Space, and Lady Susan Hussey to address the incident that took place at a Palace reception last month.

[quote]At this meeting, filled with warmth and understanding, Lady Susan offered her sincere apologies for the comments that were made and the distress they caused to Ms Fulani.

[quote]Lady Susan has pledged to deepen her awareness of the sensitivities involved and is grateful for the opportunity to learn more about the issues in this area.

[quote]Ms Fulani, who has unfairly received the most appalling torrent of abuse on social media and elsewhere, has accepted this apology and appreciates that no malice was intended.

[quote]The Royal Households will continue their focus on inclusion and diversity, with an enhanced programme of work which will extend knowledge and training programmes, examining what can be learnt from Sistah Space, and ensuring these reach all members of their communities.

[quote]Both Ms Fulani and Lady Susan ask now that they be left in peace to rebuild their lives in the wake of an immensely distressing period for them both.

[quote]They hope that their example shows a path to resolution can be found with kindness, co-operation and the condemnation of discrimination wherever it takes root.

[quote]It is the wish of both parties that, at the end of the UN’s 16 days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence, attention can now return to the important work of Sistah Space in supporting women affected by domestic abuse.

[quote]Their Majesties The King and The Queen Consort and other members of the Royal Family have been kept fully informed and are pleased that both parties have reached this welcome outcome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352December 16, 2022 2:57 PM

Of the two women, who will tweet first?

by Anonymousreply 353December 16, 2022 2:59 PM

[quote] Moral of story: Don't invite Fulani. If you're at an event with her, don't talk to her.

Moral of story: White people are racists

by Anonymousreply 354December 16, 2022 3:14 PM

Are you white, r354?

by Anonymousreply 355December 16, 2022 3:18 PM

Does it matter?

by Anonymousreply 356December 16, 2022 3:21 PM

This is so typical.

A clueless white woman acts in a racist manner. I understand she's old and there was no malice about it--that said, she just didn't stop. She kept insisting that the woman tell her where she was from despite the woman saying she was born in England.

White people then turn the tables on the person who calls out the racism. Suddenly she is the villain.

by Anonymousreply 357December 16, 2022 3:24 PM

Sure it does. According to you, if someone is white then it means they're a racist.

Are you white?

by Anonymousreply 358December 16, 2022 3:25 PM

I don't recall Susan Hussey turning the tables on Fulani, r357. When did she do this?

I'm looking forward to Ngozi Fulani's tweet about her meeting full of warmth and understanding with Hussey and her condemnation of the torrent of abuse Hussey has received on social media.

by Anonymousreply 359December 16, 2022 3:28 PM

[quote] I don't recall Susan Hussey turning the tables on Fulani,

No the white twitter mob turned the tables on Fulani

by Anonymousreply 360December 16, 2022 3:32 PM

[quote] Sure it does. According to you, if someone is white then it means they're a racist. Are you white?

Yes, I'm white and am fully aware that white people most often think we couldn't possibly be racist and anyone who accuses us of racism is a terrible person.

by Anonymousreply 361December 16, 2022 3:34 PM

Funny how the mob started investigating Fulani's whole life and background by not Hussey's...

by Anonymousreply 362December 16, 2022 3:35 PM

There was no racism against Fulani, r360, there was a misunderstanding and she's apologised if she said anything insensitive.

Of course Fulani is now going to condemn the Twitter mob that hurled a torrent of abuse at Lady Hussey (and the royal family).

by Anonymousreply 363December 16, 2022 3:36 PM

Of course you're white, r361. Only a white person would post "Moral of story: White people are racists".

by Anonymousreply 364December 16, 2022 3:38 PM

Yeah, R357, let's focus on blame! Stone the old bitch! That'll solve everything.

by Anonymousreply 365December 16, 2022 3:39 PM

[quote] There was no racism against Fulani, [R360], there was a misunderstanding and she's apologised if she said anything insensitive.

When you keep asking a brown woman where she's from despite the fact she says she was born in England, that's racism. If you wouldn't do the same to white person, that's racism.

"Misunderstanding" and "Insensitive" are just nicer ways of saying racism.

I'm also admitting that Hussey is an old fogie who likely had no malice when she asked, but brown people get sick of that question which they are asked daily

by Anonymousreply 366December 16, 2022 3:41 PM

[quote] Of course you're white, [R361]. Only a white person would post "Moral of story: White people are racists".

I'm white but not part of the "white is always right" cult

by Anonymousreply 367December 16, 2022 3:42 PM

R362, Hussey's life is very well known, but those who were hurling abuse at her on Twitter could easily have investigated her life and background if they wanted to.

Questions were raised about Fulani because there were many things that didn't add up. Then it became known that, although from the Caribbean, she does indeed try to present herself as African, so there's nothing unreasonable about someone wondering about that. Then it transpired that there are many inconsistencies about her charity. An investigation should clear that up, however. Charities have a legal duty to be transparent and provide financial reports and accounts of their activities.

by Anonymousreply 368December 16, 2022 3:42 PM

I think every newspaper article on the mess investigated her life.

by Anonymousreply 369December 16, 2022 3:43 PM

This is all about minorities never being allowed to truly believe they are equal citizens of a white-majority country.

If you keep asking "where are you from?" you are insinuating that you will never be from here.

by Anonymousreply 370December 16, 2022 3:43 PM

[quote]"Misunderstanding" and "Insensitive" are just nicer ways of saying racism.

Or calling everything racism is just a way to inflame situations where understanding could be an outcome, if you weren't trying to harden feeling and put everybody on the defensive.

But you'd never want that.

by Anonymousreply 371December 16, 2022 3:44 PM

[quote] Questions were raised about Fulani because there were many things that didn't add up. Then it became known that, although from the Caribbean, she does indeed try to present herself as African, so there's nothing unreasonable about someone wondering about that. Then it transpired that there are many inconsistencies about her charity. An investigation should clear that up, however. Charities have a legal duty to be transparent and provide financial reports and accounts of their activities.

And here we go again. Fulani is NOT from the Caribbean. She was born in England.

by Anonymousreply 372December 16, 2022 3:49 PM

None of their backgrounds or charities matter. What matters is the exchange that happened at that moment.

Hopefully we have all learned DON'T USE THE PHRASE "WHERE ARE YOU FROM?"

Instead, ask "What's the origin of your last name?" "Where is your ancestry from?"

by Anonymousreply 373December 16, 2022 3:51 PM

Wonder no more R359. The two women have reconciled. Meanwhile Inland Revenue is investigating Sistag Space

by Anonymousreply 374December 16, 2022 3:51 PM

They are, in fact, now lovers

by Anonymousreply 375December 16, 2022 3:52 PM

That's right, r373, but I'm still not convinced that the conversation was exactly as Fulani tweeted and let's not forget the fact that she deliberately confuses people about her background and tries to goad people into asking where she's from, as the video posted by one of the sixth-formers she spoke to shows.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if she went to the Palace with the explicit intention of taking down the royals for racism, as the history of her activities and comments on the royal family suggest (see the many tweets she deleted, including accusing the royals of domestic violence against Meghan). This show of magnanimity from the royal family will be tricky for her, if she continues with that line.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376December 16, 2022 4:24 PM

R376, and this is exactly what I mean. Hussey was the inappropriate one but somehow Fulani is evil.

by Anonymousreply 377December 16, 2022 4:52 PM

[quote] In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if she went to the Palace with the explicit intention of taking down the royals for racism

So basically you make up a scenario so you can condemn her for doing this imagined thing.

by Anonymousreply 378December 16, 2022 4:52 PM

Yeah, it's a little like calling all white people racist. Theories on the internet just aren't as credible as they used to be.

by Anonymousreply 379December 16, 2022 5:03 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380December 16, 2022 5:04 PM

Oh great, I forgot that anything that links to the DM means the post disappears.

Not gonna write out my whole previous post again, but I'd like to ask r377 and r378 what they think Fulani meant when she said Meghan is a survivor of DV from her in-laws.

by Anonymousreply 381December 16, 2022 5:09 PM

The sweeties together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382December 16, 2022 5:10 PM

So great to see Fulani was exposed. And fascinating that it only took one anonymous person on Twitter to do it. Quite an extraordinary story of a takedown. There's almost a movie in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383December 16, 2022 5:13 PM

I am loving Susan’s hosiery.

by Anonymousreply 384December 16, 2022 5:40 PM

I admire Lady Susan for trying to put a right to a wrong.

by Anonymousreply 385December 16, 2022 6:12 PM

Still, best to not invite Fulani. Not other people of color, mind you. Just her.

by Anonymousreply 386December 17, 2022 1:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!