Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET cause of death for celebrities?

Leslie Jordan, Irene Cara, now Christine McVie. They kick and then you never hear a word after on how they died. Am I just being a tinhat?

by Anonymousreply 80December 19, 2022 5:12 AM

I don't see the problem.

by Anonymousreply 1November 30, 2022 7:08 PM

Well, often it's not immediately known because the death is unexpected and they need to do an autopsy first. We do know Leslie Jrodan had been having chest pains in the day before his fatal car crash, and that he was undetoing some sort of medial emegrancy when he crashed: i think it's pretty safe to say he had a heart attack. We should know irene Cara's and Christine McVie's death in time, but they were unexpected deaths and so they're unwilling to say what killed them until they know for sure (with pop/rock stars, if there's an unexpectd death it can often be drugs, but out of respect for the families people are often unwilling to say until things are known definitively).

Weirdly enough, the only real conspiracy i see happening recently is with the death of Elizabeth II: the palace only announced "old age" as the cause of death, but there are persistent rumors now that she died of myeloma (bone cancer). I think the palace will admit it eventually, but they want to move past her death and into the new reign of Charles III so people don't feel too sad for the queen being in pain at the end.

In recent years the only really surprising death (from the public's POV) where the family will not announce the cause of death i can think of is Phillip "TV's Tommy from 'Alice,'" other than to say he died at the end of a long illness. it must have been something thta embarrassed the family (AIDS?) which is why they won't release the actual cause of death.

by Anonymousreply 2November 30, 2022 7:14 PM

Too much poppers!

by Anonymousreply 3November 30, 2022 7:25 PM

The cause of death of senior royals is almost never made public. Even for private individual's in the UK it can be vague without an inquest.

by Anonymousreply 4November 30, 2022 7:27 PM

I have no idea what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 5November 30, 2022 7:32 PM

Um, interesting you should ask, OP. I was reading the article about Christine's passing on MSN.com, and this paragraph was added at the end. I don't think it was a mistake:

If you or someone you know is considering suicide, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1800-273-TALK (8255), text "help" to the Crisis Text Line at 741-741 or go to suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

by Anonymousreply 6December 1, 2022 1:45 AM

R6 link?

by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2022 1:47 AM

R7, bitches like you are exhausting. Why can't you do a fucking search? Here is the link. Scroll to the very end of the article. (You may need to hit a couple of "Continue reading" buttons, if that is not too tiring for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 1, 2022 2:05 AM

R8 Idiots like you are so desperate. The site doesn't contain your little made-up link, dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 9December 1, 2022 2:08 AM

Watermelon diet!

by Anonymousreply 10December 1, 2022 2:10 AM

I agree, OP. We need to know.

by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2022 2:13 AM

Fuck you, R9. it was there a few hours ago, but has since been removed. (Imagine that!) I have a screenshot of the end of the article, but am unable to attach it to this thread. Christine was actually my favorite members of Fleetwood Mac. There were three sociopaths (Stevie. Lindsey and Mick), and two quiet (Thank God!) members. Christine was quiet but incredibly talented and funny. I will miss her. I was a huge fan. R9, you are probably not a fan at all but just an instigator. But I do have a screenshot of the article. It will come out eventually, and it is truly tragic news.

by Anonymousreply 12December 1, 2022 2:20 AM

R12 I liked her a lot, also. You seem unstable. I hope things improve for you.

by Anonymousreply 13December 1, 2022 2:23 AM

Whatever. Have a nice life, R9.

by Anonymousreply 14December 1, 2022 2:26 AM

"it was there a few hours ago, but has since been removed"

R12 - riiiiiiight, got it

by Anonymousreply 15December 1, 2022 2:26 AM

Just wait for the autopsy results

by Anonymousreply 16December 1, 2022 2:27 AM

Wait and see...

by Anonymousreply 17December 1, 2022 2:32 AM

R12, you can upload your screenshot to imgur.com, grab the link, and post it here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 1, 2022 2:36 AM

Honestly, OP, it is none of your fucking business.

by Anonymousreply 19December 1, 2022 2:40 AM

I think most of them die of a broken heart.

by Anonymousreply 20December 1, 2022 2:40 AM

Irene and Christine were both drug related: heart failure from years of prolonged, hardcore cocaine abuse.

by Anonymousreply 21December 1, 2022 2:46 AM

[quote]In recent years the only really surprising death (from the public's POV) where the family will not announce the cause of death i can think of is Phillip "TV's Tommy from 'Alice,'" other than to say he died at the end of a long illness. it must have been something thta embarrassed the family (AIDS?) which is why they won't release the actual cause of death.

Somebody (family or a friend?) posted here that he died of emphysema.

by Anonymousreply 22December 1, 2022 2:51 AM

Bad sushi.

by Anonymousreply 23December 1, 2022 2:55 AM

Wasn’t she a smoker?

by Anonymousreply 24December 1, 2022 2:57 AM

R19 I agree it’s none of our fucking business. I just noticed something that was automatically done before that stopped.

by Anonymousreply 25December 1, 2022 3:04 AM

Ann Reinking and Ray Liotta are also two recent deaths that have never been explained as far as I know.

by Anonymousreply 26December 1, 2022 3:44 AM

Obituary without a cause of death is useless, like a sex rumor without photos.

by Anonymousreply 27December 1, 2022 4:00 AM

Sometimes the family does not make cause of death public and there’s no reason why they have to.

by Anonymousreply 28December 1, 2022 4:03 AM

Im keeping track of covid related deaths, informally. I would like to know.

by Anonymousreply 29December 1, 2022 4:06 AM

Some people at the start of covid were specifically announcing the death wasn't covid related. Brian Dennehy's family I remember doing that.

by Anonymousreply 30December 1, 2022 4:12 AM

Christine was never a big coke user (according to Mick Fleetwood in one of his books). She liked wine and after one account, slapped Buckingham in the face because he made a scene during a show during the "Tusk" tour. There was never an account of a drug problem. Stevie, Lindsey and Mick, however ... Not the same account.

by Anonymousreply 31December 1, 2022 4:14 AM

Cara (63) and Jordan (67 going on 81) died youngish. Celeb defenders (no one on DL) will say "it's the family's right to keep it private!". They must have good publicists to suppress the press.

by Anonymousreply 32December 1, 2022 4:19 AM

Liotta looked pasty and ill before his death, drained

by Anonymousreply 33December 1, 2022 4:24 AM

Meat Loaf died in Nashville, Tennessee, on the evening of January 20, 2022, at the age of 74.

No official cause of death was released.

He was reportedly ill with COVID-19 earlier in January and reporting by TMZ suggested that he died from COVID-19 complications.

After his health rapidly declined, his two daughters rushed to see him in the hospital with his wife being beside him as he died.

His daughter had posted to Instagram in early January that: "We are not sick, but we have too many friends and family testing positive [for COVID-19] right now, positive but doing OK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 1, 2022 4:26 AM

[quote] Liotta looked pasty and ill before his death, drained

He looked like that since Goodfellas wrapped

by Anonymousreply 35December 1, 2022 4:32 AM

Re: Meatloaf, "He had a certain naive charm, but no muscle."3

by Anonymousreply 36December 1, 2022 4:39 AM

Celebs have been publicizing all the shitty aspects of their lives while living, what stops them from telling the public the cause of their death when they die? Such a cop-out.

by Anonymousreply 37December 1, 2022 4:41 AM

They're still investigating Leslie Jordan's death and have yet to make a ruling on his cause of death. There was speculation he had a heart attack or some other medical emergency, which caused him to crash his car. But if it was something like that, it would've showed in his autopsy, and they would've made their ruling on the cause. I suspect that they think he might have been under the influence of something and they're waiting to get the toxicology reports back before making their ruling. That can take several months sometimes, and it's been nearly 6 weeks since he died.

Here's the link to his case detail on the LA coroner's website.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 1, 2022 4:41 AM

Who wants to bet that Fleetwood Mac will reunite after an agreeable time to tour again. "In Christine's memory," no less. Stevie knows that the loss of Christine means that she HAS to bring Buckinham onboard for the next one. And there will ALWAYS be a next tour for Stevie. She's magnetic, but she is loud, demeaning and lazy. She does not like to write or record anymore. She just wants to tour, sing, dance and spout off at the mouth at concerts. That is what she is. Christine was never like that.

by Anonymousreply 39December 1, 2022 4:46 AM

R8, who the fuck still uses MSN to begin with?

by Anonymousreply 40December 1, 2022 4:50 AM

R33, it's kind of sad that apparently his last movie that he will be known for is "Cocaine Bear".

by Anonymousreply 41December 1, 2022 4:52 AM

I did see the suicide notice on MSN’s website on Christine. It’s still on there.

by Anonymousreply 42December 1, 2022 4:52 AM

Another odd death, "after a brief illness" was Marvin Hamlisch's death.

Here is what Google says

"the death certificate, filed in Los Angeles, shows that Hamlisch died primarily from respiratory arrest (lung failure) caused by a combination of anoxic brain encephalopathy (failure of oxygen to reach the brain) and hypertension (high blood pressure).

I also think there was more to the deaths of George Peppard, Miles Davis, Patrick Swayze and NYC Cardinals Cooke and O'Connor.

by Anonymousreply 43December 1, 2022 5:00 AM

Extreme stress. You're too fat, your'e too thin. Don't wear this, wear that. Smile all the time. You can be replaced.

by Anonymousreply 44December 1, 2022 5:08 AM

It's our business. We deserve to know.

by Anonymousreply 45December 1, 2022 10:22 AM

Well, after the sordid demise of Chris Burrous, celebrities banded together and agreed to keep cause of death private.

by Anonymousreply 46December 1, 2022 10:39 AM

Lol as if that stops public speculation in the age of social media.

by Anonymousreply 47December 1, 2022 11:18 AM

I've wondered that too. I wonder what Irene Cara died from.

by Anonymousreply 48December 1, 2022 11:48 AM

Why is R42 insisting that Christine McVie died from suicided? She was ill according to her family and John McVie.

by Anonymousreply 49December 1, 2022 12:29 PM

R49 It's a troll who loves when people fall for its desperation.

by Anonymousreply 50December 1, 2022 12:30 PM

I think Rock Hudson had the AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 51December 1, 2022 12:35 PM

The offspring of a reality television figure, Dog the Bounty Hunter has died recently during a Zoom call! He was 50 and died of a stroke. Covid? Causes vascular injury including stroke and heart attack.

by Anonymousreply 52December 1, 2022 7:36 PM

Beth Howland???

by Anonymousreply 53December 1, 2022 7:49 PM

Aretha?

by Anonymousreply 54December 2, 2022 2:50 AM

Brittany Murphy

by Anonymousreply 55December 2, 2022 2:51 AM

Raoul Julia

by Anonymousreply 56December 2, 2022 2:55 AM

Read all about it in Mike Steen's three volumes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 2, 2022 2:55 AM

[quote] Honestly, OP, it is none of your fucking business.

You've announcing this on a fucking [italic]gossip forum,[/italic] hon.

by Anonymousreply 58December 2, 2022 3:02 AM

[quote]I also think there was more to the deaths of George Peppard, Miles Davis, Patrick Swayze and NYC Cardinals Cooke and O'Connor.

More to Swayze's death than cancer? It doesn't sound like it. Do you think there was more to Chadwick Boseman's death too?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59December 2, 2022 5:28 AM

R49, "suicided"? There's no such word.

by Anonymousreply 60December 2, 2022 5:35 AM

yes r60 but there are such things as typos

by Anonymousreply 61December 2, 2022 6:12 AM

Christine died “after a short illness.” I would imagine that means cancer.

by Anonymousreply 62December 2, 2022 8:07 AM

R49, sometimes when people have a painful terminal illness they commit suicide. Cancer patients can sometimes have a very hard time and decide to end it.

by Anonymousreply 63December 2, 2022 11:30 AM

It’s generally fire on DL, Rose.

Either grease or on an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 64December 2, 2022 11:36 AM

[quote]Somebody (family or a friend?) posted here that he died of emphysema.

With those horse teeth and the rumor he was hung like one, I'd have guessed Hoof and Mouth disease.

by Anonymousreply 65December 2, 2022 12:02 PM

I think Christine either had cancer or Covid. Leslie Jordan was much older than they claimed (76 not 67!) so heart attack /age combo seems plausible. Bob Saget is the one I’m having a hard time comprehending. The hit to the back of the head…I just don’t get it, I know he had Covid but that is just odd if he passed out from it and hit his head wouldn’t he have been where he bashed it not in his bed?

by Anonymousreply 66December 2, 2022 12:03 PM

The other thing is headlines no longer blare “DEAD AT 42.” It’s a hushed “so and so has died.”

by Anonymousreply 67December 2, 2022 12:22 PM

And all these people in their 50’s who die on a zoom call or in their sleep. It’s like the rapture.

by Anonymousreply 68December 2, 2022 1:30 PM

Murder most foul! Every single one of them!

by Anonymousreply 69December 2, 2022 1:39 PM

Dying in your sleep is a blessing.

by Anonymousreply 70December 2, 2022 1:39 PM

Did we ever find out what happened with the two guys found dead in the hotel in Chicago?

One was an older coach or something. It was all pretty fishy.

by Anonymousreply 71December 2, 2022 2:09 PM

I believe Christine’s death was described as being after a short illness. I saw nothing to indicate suicide.

by Anonymousreply 72December 2, 2022 2:46 PM

Why are all these people under age 60 dying?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73December 2, 2022 3:45 PM

And this guy too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74December 2, 2022 4:14 PM

R74 Ew, I've seen better heads on boils

by Anonymousreply 75December 2, 2022 11:26 PM

R74, thanks, I mistakenly identified that guy as a relative of Dog.

by Anonymousreply 76December 2, 2022 11:28 PM

I wonder WHO could be responsible for all these deaths..?

by Anonymousreply 77December 19, 2022 4:53 AM

Irene Cara was obv too ugly. So no one would touch that shit but TMZ usually shows their death certificates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78December 19, 2022 5:00 AM

They were all murder/suicides.

by Anonymousreply 79December 19, 2022 5:06 AM

The Clintons were involved.

by Anonymousreply 80December 19, 2022 5:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!