Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why doesn’t Nicole Kidman stop mutilating her face?

I don’t get it. She can be an interesting actress. Swathes of her vocal work in Being the Ricardos we’re excellent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72February 7, 2023 3:15 AM

I actually never think she looks THAT bad. Clearly nipped and tucked - absolutely. But, IMO, not frighteningly so. I guess maybe it's been so long and sort of "works" for her. Granted, when you look back at her young self, the difference is somewhat startling. She really was the epitome of "fresh faced."

by Anonymousreply 1November 30, 2022 4:50 PM

She’s so fucked up

by Anonymousreply 2November 30, 2022 4:52 PM

She can't stop picturing her old face eating Tom Cruise's ass

by Anonymousreply 3November 30, 2022 4:56 PM

Nicole Kidman is Elise Elliott

by Anonymousreply 4November 30, 2022 4:59 PM

If I just had a few more fillers right *here*, I'll look 35 again.

Now my chin looks too small, if I have a small chin implant, I'll look 35 again.

Now my chin looks too big; I need cheek implants to balance my face and *then* I'll look 35 again.

Except my upper eyelids are hooding. A little browlift and blepharoplasty will fix that. Right?

by Anonymousreply 5November 30, 2022 6:03 PM

Blast from the past. Hardly any difference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 30, 2022 6:04 PM

Her ears are what always freak me out, even before this photo highlighted how weird they've become

by Anonymousreply 7November 30, 2022 6:06 PM

R7 do you have a comparison? They do seem weird in OP's pic.

by Anonymousreply 8November 30, 2022 6:09 PM

Holy shit, is that her in the above photo? Omg, tragic.

by Anonymousreply 9November 30, 2022 6:11 PM

I’ve always found her hideous.

by Anonymousreply 10November 30, 2022 6:17 PM

She was a gorgeous woman, but the surgery has moved her over into uncanny valley territory. I must imagine she's bone-chilling in person.

by Anonymousreply 11November 30, 2022 6:32 PM

She’s wearing a death mask.

by Anonymousreply 12November 30, 2022 6:36 PM

I don't think that the reasons Kidman is a talented actor and the reasons she has done what she's done to her face are mutually exlusive. Kidman is wonderful at portraying, brittle, damaged women, so...

by Anonymousreply 13November 30, 2022 7:04 PM

Something about her makes me strange myself. She is pure EVIL.

by Anonymousreply 14November 30, 2022 7:06 PM

^^^ strangle*

by Anonymousreply 15November 30, 2022 7:06 PM

She was gorgeous in the mid-to-late 90s, but that was a lot of surgeries ago.

by Anonymousreply 16November 30, 2022 10:12 PM

I thought this was a face swap with Zendaya.

by Anonymousreply 17November 30, 2022 10:13 PM

[quote]Swathes of her vocal work in Being the Ricardos we’re excellent.

Oh, dear. Twice.

by Anonymousreply 18November 30, 2022 10:15 PM

Swathes of her face were left on the surgeon’s tables.

by Anonymousreply 19November 30, 2022 10:22 PM

Oh no! Just when the horrible work she got done around the time of Rabbit Hole had settled.

by Anonymousreply 20November 30, 2022 10:30 PM

This bitch hasn't had a hit movie in decades. Meanwhile, the real superstar Julia Roberts just gave a blockbuster movie this year.

by Anonymousreply 21November 30, 2022 10:32 PM

She's an icebox. Remember how she continually refused to acknowledge her adopted kids? Even Jon Voigt acknowledges Angie, and she won't shut up about how much she loathes him. People look at adoption differently. If Katie dumped Suri, no one would ever forgive her.

by Anonymousreply 22November 30, 2022 10:46 PM

Suri isn’t adopted. Does Nicole even have any kids?

by Anonymousreply 23November 30, 2022 10:58 PM

She is a good actress. Agreed.

She’s only 55 though which is not that old. Less is more if you’re going to mess with your face. Imagine what she’ll look like in 20 years if she keeps this up?

by Anonymousreply 24November 30, 2022 11:25 PM

[quote]Does Nicole even have any kids?

She has one via surrogate with her gay husband. And she allegedly gave birth to her daughter Sunday, although there was much speculation that she faked the pregnancy and may have used another surrogate.

by Anonymousreply 25December 1, 2022 12:45 AM

Apparently she was born in Hawaii and has US citizenship from birth, in addition to Australian citizenship. I was hoping she could be deported at some point.

by Anonymousreply 26December 1, 2022 12:51 AM

Just one more! 🤡

by Anonymousreply 27December 1, 2022 12:51 AM

She is one of my favourite actresses, but I hate that she keeps messing with her face.

She was terrific (and Oscar-nominated) for Rabbit Hole. But she got some work done just before the cameras rolled, and it affected her performance because there was one key close-up where all you could focus on was her face. Same thing with Boy Erased.

by Anonymousreply 28December 1, 2022 12:59 AM

It's like she's aging...backwards!

by Anonymousreply 29December 1, 2022 1:03 AM

R6 Oof!

by Anonymousreply 30December 1, 2022 1:05 AM

She has always seriously creeped me the fuck out.

by Anonymousreply 31December 1, 2022 1:08 AM

I don’t think her face has ever looked as bad as it does in the op.

by Anonymousreply 32December 1, 2022 1:25 AM

[quote]Swathes of her face were left on the surgeon’s tables.

You clever cunt, R19.

by Anonymousreply 33December 1, 2022 1:26 AM

She pines to internalize her lost love Tom Cruise so much, that she’s increasingly attempting to resemble him?

by Anonymousreply 34December 1, 2022 1:27 AM

Was it ever revealed what ended her marriage to Tom? Who divorced who?

by Anonymousreply 35December 1, 2022 1:37 AM

Their 10 year contract was up.

by Anonymousreply 36December 1, 2022 1:38 AM

She's heading into Maria Shriver territory.

by Anonymousreply 37December 1, 2022 1:50 AM

I never understood the need to have plastic surgery. It seems once they start manipulating their faces, they become more critical of the things the doctors didn't do. It gets to a point they barely look human.

I love Leah Rimini, but I realized after watching her game show, the only thing that moves on her face is her mouth.

As I get older, I'm 62 now, I see features of each of my grandparents on my face. It's reassuring. I'm still connected to them.

by Anonymousreply 38December 1, 2022 2:02 AM

She claims she’s never had any work done to her face.

she’s afraid of needles, apparently

by Anonymousreply 39December 1, 2022 2:03 AM

Ronan, please get a haircut before Christmas Eve, okay? I mean, you know I'm already stressed out. I mean, you know what the holidays do to me. I mean... gosh...

by Anonymousreply 40December 1, 2022 2:04 AM

I love people’s photos before they were famous and before cosmetic surgeries and studio makeovers, R6.

by Anonymousreply 41December 1, 2022 2:09 AM

I loved her in Big Little Lies and The Hours and Nine Perfect Strangers. She does look like she’s gone too far with the work on her face as of late, though.

Bummer! She probably would look great at 55 with her natural face. She has natural beauty.

by Anonymousreply 42December 1, 2022 2:10 AM

I feel bad for her. Her face is her instrument, so to have wrecked it so badly, she must be a mess of insecurities.

by Anonymousreply 43December 1, 2022 2:30 AM

Is it true that Aussies don't like her?

by Anonymousreply 44December 1, 2022 2:33 AM

r44 Yes

by Anonymousreply 45December 1, 2022 2:34 AM

Why come?

by Anonymousreply 46December 1, 2022 2:47 AM

R46 Because it feels good.

by Anonymousreply 47December 1, 2022 2:52 AM

Why come they hate her?

by Anonymousreply 48December 1, 2022 2:59 AM

Nicole like many actresses wants to look "ageless". Plastic surgery achieves this but the cost is "ageless uncanny valley". Still, the mind adjusts and if the public things they still "look like" Jane Fonda, or Dolly, or Cher, or Nicole Kidman, then it's considered a success.

by Anonymousreply 49December 1, 2022 3:00 AM

They hate her because people in Australia are quite sure that this woman is a witch and eats placenta to keep herself young. Quite wild, I know. But people believe that.

She does have a creepy look to her though.

by Anonymousreply 50December 1, 2022 3:05 AM

[quote]She's an icebox. Remember how she continually refused to acknowledge her adopted kids?

The ones who "disconnected" from her because she left their father, Cruise, and their supreme leader, David Miscavige? Good for her. Per Leah Remini, Bella Cruise called Kidman a "fucking SP" and said she'd never see her again if she had a choice.

They're just too far gone. Katie Holmes saw the same fate down the line and got out while her daughter was only five.

by Anonymousreply 51December 1, 2022 3:08 AM

This was desperate. And silly. Shows a delusion. Sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52December 1, 2022 3:08 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 53December 1, 2022 3:09 AM

27 years ago in To Die For.

Good bone structure that literally opens up to the camera

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 1, 2022 3:31 AM

Be fair R54 ,who looks like they did 27 years ago? She was a beautiful woman who is terrified of aging .All the fame and wealth and accolades cant seem to override that fear in her,so its deeply pathological. AKA Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 55December 1, 2022 3:54 AM

R46 because you touch yourself at night.

by Anonymousreply 56December 1, 2022 4:34 AM

R48 You are too cute.

by Anonymousreply 57December 1, 2022 1:58 PM

I tried to watch one of her last movies and stopped a few minutes in because she looked so ridiculous. She can't move her face and looks like a clown. How she keeps getting work is a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 58December 1, 2022 2:16 PM

R16 she needed surgery to achieve that look. Now, she has had too many.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59December 1, 2022 2:20 PM

…it skittered across her skull…

by Anonymousreply 60December 1, 2022 4:22 PM

What is the deal with her father? He was accused by Fiona Barnet of assault.

by Anonymousreply 61December 1, 2022 4:32 PM

r49 For many, the problem is they start too early and don't keep up... the little procedures have to be maintained, if you skip a treatment things to resettle in the wrong places. While the problem with bigger procedures is often doing too much after they've fucked up the little instead of repairing the damage.

And the quarantine made it a celebrity (politicians too. Prior Nancy Pelosi wasn't a chola) trend to get bad surgery/treatments. . . it used to be an outlier but post-shutdowns, now it's all mainstream...

And it's by no means limited to the ladies... though the problem one more immediately recognizes with the dudes is the abuse of TRT and what happens when they quit. Or the handful that use HRT but aren't trans or on the peripheral... using low levels of estrogen has long been used by some teen idols (more common these days among east asian lads), often it's in the form of an additive to face creams and lotions but again, they end up using too much and other changes set in. (some female performers have used low level TRT, too, but often more for energy/touring, muscle growth and body fat distribution. But it's more common prescribed to increase sex drive as there's little else that works for women. Tho, some can have too low of T levels, too but that's rarely checked. Same with dudes having too low of E levels. Which add their own complications.)

Still as with most shit, everything needs to be monitored and few things hold permanency in celebrity lives.

by Anonymousreply 62December 1, 2022 4:33 PM

Did she get cheek implants?

by Anonymousreply 63December 1, 2022 9:17 PM

What happens when a guy quits TRT

by Anonymousreply 64December 1, 2022 10:36 PM

OP:

Oh, dear.

Oh, dear.

Being a British English speaker is no excuse.

by Anonymousreply 65December 1, 2022 11:23 PM

It the lip implant that really messes up her face.

by Anonymousreply 66December 1, 2022 11:50 PM

Why does a stranger's face bother you so much? The problem isn't with her but you. What someone chooses to do to their own body is their own personal choice that hasn't got anything to do with you or anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 67December 1, 2022 11:57 PM

In Being the Ricardos, she had to "act" with her voice only, because her face is literally frozen, completely unlike the glorious rubber face of Lucille Ball.

Nicole did a pretty good job with that voice acting, but her face, what a shame.

by Anonymousreply 68December 2, 2022 12:03 AM

R67 she’s a public figure. People comment and this is a gossip board. Maybe you should ask yourself why these comments bother you.

by Anonymousreply 69December 2, 2022 1:15 AM

That first photo of her old face shows that when she smiled she showed a lot of gum. I don't know what they do to change that (Gwen Stefani had the same thing) but I bet it hurts like hell.

by Anonymousreply 70December 2, 2022 5:35 AM

I saw video a clip of Nicole and Zoe Saldananana BTS of some film shoot. Nicole looked so awkward. Wtf happened to her. It looked like she had a beak. What has Nicole down to her face?

by Anonymousreply 71February 7, 2023 3:15 AM

Nicole seems like a serious weirdo

by Anonymousreply 72February 7, 2023 3:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!