Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why was the Balenciaga thread wiped?

well?

by Anonymousreply 110December 3, 2022 3:07 PM

bondage jesus loved too many children

by Anonymousreply 1November 29, 2022 8:28 AM

RIP Teddy bears

by Anonymousreply 2November 29, 2022 9:13 AM

Because you accused gay men, specifically gay men who use this website, of a monstrous crime just to make a point.

by Anonymousreply 3November 29, 2022 9:17 AM

Because we have a very expensive crises PR team and we’re in the midst of a pedo s/m scandal.

We don’t see what all the fuss is about.

by Anonymousreply 4November 29, 2022 10:50 AM

Because of r4

by Anonymousreply 5November 29, 2022 11:00 AM

When in doubt, it's because OP wipes back to front.

by Anonymousreply 6November 29, 2022 11:07 AM

No, never, r3.

Lone posters, scrawling something unhinged, seem to be the reason lots of threads are wiped.

How boring!

by Anonymousreply 7November 29, 2022 11:32 AM

I missed the original thread but I will say I think they did it on purpose for publicity. Just like Gucci with their racist sweaters. Look at all the attention they got.

by Anonymousreply 8November 29, 2022 11:37 AM

R8 probably

by Anonymousreply 9November 29, 2022 11:49 AM

Hadn't checked into the Balenciaga thread since yesterday morning but the last time I was in there, there were quite a few of the trans-hater trolls spouting their Libs of TikTok and/or QAnon theories about gays being pedos. It sucks that the far-right trolling on here escalated to the point that posters were frequently and casually saying the kind of homophobic things I haven't heard much since the 1980s.

by Anonymousreply 10November 29, 2022 11:49 AM

R8 Without question, but it was painfully ill-thought-out.

I know it was only morons wearing it in the first place, but who, now, will want to wear a sweatshirt with BALENCIAGA emblazoned across it? The connotation is now sickening.

It saddened me to see one of the most respected, though mostly dormant, couture houses in Paris turned into mass-market, logo-tastic, shock-value trash. It seems justified that it should go down the shitter with Kanye.

by Anonymousreply 11November 29, 2022 12:45 PM

Well, might as well go to Truth Social, Twitter or Parler to discuss this then. There you'll be sure that kind of censorship will not occur.

by Anonymousreply 12November 29, 2022 12:59 PM

No one was making sweeping generalizations about gays. But the correlation between paraphilias such as autogynephilia and other even darker paraphilias as depicted in those pictures and in other works by some designers and "creatives" used by Balenciaga is very real and documented.

Stop trying to deny the realities of some paraphilias.

Shame on DL for censoring discussions of a serious nature. The gay community has historically stood up to such harms and crimes and it should never be cowered into submission by cowards afraid to confront them head on.

by Anonymousreply 13November 29, 2022 1:11 PM

[quote] Shame on DL for censoring discussions of a serious nature.

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 14November 29, 2022 1:13 PM

[quote]Stop trying to deny the realities of some paraphilias.

Oh god. Oh god, don't make me wake up one morning and want to put a fried egg on my head.

by Anonymousreply 15November 29, 2022 1:15 PM

Because the Industry’s Cancellation has already started

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 29, 2022 1:15 PM

Obviously there is some craziness going on with the trolls. The Zapruder film thread was wiped yesterday as well. I think it was because some crazed poster started posting the wildest conspiracy stuff, like Kennedy was never killed. Really out there Q stuff.

by Anonymousreply 17November 29, 2022 1:17 PM

Nicole is Next

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 29, 2022 1:19 PM

There was a troll in the Zapruder thread who it turned out had been posting fake information from tabloids in several JFK threads on DL over the past DECADE. I don't know for sure of course, but I really think most of these crazy trolls have been here for a long time, and I think they also probably post over-the-top stuff to get threads deleted.

by Anonymousreply 19November 29, 2022 1:27 PM

This insane rant against MEN by a certain Julia Fox probably isn’t going to help Kim out of the Teddy Beardilemma

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 29, 2022 1:28 PM

Oh, thank God, r18.

Here has to be backlash against that brand.

Those images need to be resoundingly rejected by society.

Otherwise, if the Chinese successfully overthrow the communist government, then we need to follow suit & overthrow the billionaire class. There is more of us than them. And nobody deserves that kind of money. Elon Musk didn’t invent the internet or its infrastructure. He didn’t innovate any content — we did. All he & the rest of Big Tech did was use technology against us to pick our pockets.

Billionaires are a pox on humanity. They have too much power — nobody voted for them.

And this designer brand caters exclusively to the super rich Henry VIII wannabes.

by Anonymousreply 21November 29, 2022 1:30 PM

[quote]Shame on DL for censoring discussions of a serious nature.

Oh god, this bitch again. It's some Wordle-obsessed QAnon straight frau who screams "censorship" constantly, irritates everyone, and frequently starts posts asking why her threads have been deleted.

They're deleted because of you. You can stamp your widdle feet about it all you want, but you're a straight woman who doesn't belong here, is racist and homophobic, you're a rightwinger who complains about "the left" all the time, you see pedos around every corner and won't shut up about it, and you bypass the paywall by starting new Wordle threads and then get confused when your thread gets shut down, because you are very, very stupid.

by Anonymousreply 22November 29, 2022 1:37 PM

[quote] and I think they also probably post over-the-top stuff to get threads deleted.

Well, we shouldn’t let them! Just ignore the trolls, Muriel always says so.

by Anonymousreply 23November 29, 2022 1:40 PM

R22 off his meds conflating all kinds of different threads. Making crazy bogus accusations.

But always, always done to shut people down who disagree with him. Not gonna work. We see you, R22.

by Anonymousreply 24November 29, 2022 1:44 PM

I wish DL wouldn’t delete threads. I’d rather they just delete the comments that got the threads deleted.

by Anonymousreply 25November 29, 2022 1:45 PM

r25 That would require an insane amount of moderation. The one person employed to oversee DL can't possibly do all that, all day long.

by Anonymousreply 26November 29, 2022 2:13 PM

[quote] Shame on DL for censoring discussions of a serious nature.

Fuck off, Dumbvida. Go sit down for a selfie in a mall Santa's lap.

by Anonymousreply 27November 29, 2022 2:27 PM

[quote] I think they did it on purpose for publicity.

Dur – épatage is the re-invented Balenciaga's brand differentiation.

by Anonymousreply 28November 29, 2022 2:35 PM

I guess you’re right r26. One whiff of trouble and it’s just easier to delete the entire thread.

by Anonymousreply 29November 29, 2022 2:55 PM

Matt A. would start posting threats and slurs on purpose, just to get entire threads deleted, and when we were discussing this on a thread about trolls one day, someone said they asked Muriel to just delete Matt's posts. They actually did that once, but it seemed like a huge pain in the ass. They red tagged him and every post of his was replaced with [...]. I can see why they just delete the thread instead.

by Anonymousreply 30November 29, 2022 3:14 PM

Most of Q-adjacent nonsense is our over-the-hill barmaid with stinky shoes from Vegas Chinatown. She's a comedienne, right, but not in the way she fancies herself.

by Anonymousreply 31November 29, 2022 3:28 PM

Balenciaga is not being cancelled, it is being corrected.

They have lost the plot. You're selling luxury handbags in a crowded market.

Everyone involved in this campaign deserves to be fired and removed.

by Anonymousreply 32November 29, 2022 4:43 PM

Sheesh, & perhaps arrested.

I really wish I’d never seen any of that crap. Can I sue them?? Like for trauma ?

by Anonymousreply 33November 29, 2022 4:48 PM

What to Know:: from The Cut

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 30, 2022 1:31 AM

A helpful Timeline

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35November 30, 2022 1:31 AM

I’m seeing conflicting tweets about this. Obviously the bondage teddies with children is tasteless and gross. But some people are trying to tie the ads in with devil worship and all kinds of nonsense.

It was offensive enough without making up a satanic panic.

by Anonymousreply 36December 1, 2022 2:03 PM

^ Coincidence?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 1, 2022 2:17 PM

The tape

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 1, 2022 2:18 PM

Well, to be fair, this is NYT’s take:

[quote] When High Fashion and QAnon Collide

[quote]Two new Balenciaga campaigns ignited a firestorm that traveled from the internet to Fox News, fueled by allegations that the brand condoned child exploitation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39December 1, 2022 2:50 PM

[quote] But some people are trying to tie the ads in with devil worship and all kinds of nonsense.

The designers and "creatives" working at or on Balenciaga (and other brand) names have histories of this and other really sick fetishes.

Damn, man, do some homework and read up on it. Don't expect all this to be handed to you. The examples are all over the internet.

Do you remember the fetish discussed here where a pedo also is into real dismemberment and castration of children? Well one of these designers has artwork depicting that. Is that just him being artsy. Some other ads (IIRC they were also Balenciaga) have seemingly innocuous photos but there are prominently displayed books and other references to pedos and other fetishists involving children.

Stop the "but", stop the politicizing of this, stop excusing it. These people are sick and they need to be called out and shunned.

by Anonymousreply 40December 1, 2022 3:08 PM

R40: this article is quite in depth and mentions, amongst others, dismemberment of children’s limbs, albeit in an ‘artistic’ context

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 1, 2022 3:15 PM

ViligentCitizen isn't a legitimate resource

by Anonymousreply 42December 1, 2022 4:32 PM

These threads are wiped because contributors describe the offensive images using graphic language that is literally and figuratively triggering.

There are specific terms and specific language that can be searched and have this topic removed.

by Anonymousreply 43December 1, 2022 4:43 PM

R42, only biased media YOU agree with are legitimate, right? LOL!

Address the story and the facts, not the messenger.

I can see you in the lovely spring of 1775:

What was that creep saying? Something about the British are coming? That Revere guy is a Mason. I'm not listening to anything he says.

by Anonymousreply 44December 1, 2022 4:44 PM

I will never visit your website chock full of Spyware and malware.

by Anonymousreply 45December 1, 2022 4:48 PM

What is with all you Q nuts and pearl clutching MARYS on here? Did the true crime threads bring these retarded cunts?

by Anonymousreply 46December 1, 2022 4:53 PM

This subject matter is of topical interest. It is a subject is widely discussed and the campaign is condemned for at best being in poor taste and at worst, something incredibly sinister.

This subject matter can't be discussed on datalounge because of r44 and r40.

R40 goes into graphic and elaborate detail to describe the disturbing images.

That detail is unnecessary and it is suspicious.

To answer the original question the OP asked, look at r40 and r44 for the answer.

by Anonymousreply 47December 1, 2022 4:55 PM

Anyone catch the children kneeling down before a long haired naked man in bondage? I suspect we'll see a flood of those images this month.

by Anonymousreply 48December 1, 2022 5:19 PM

I was reading the other thread while it was being removed.

The comments condemned the campaign, Balenciaga and everyone involved in the creation of the campaign.

And then all of a sudden, someone popped into the conversation to declare datalounge is the only website that approved of this?

That accusation made no sense because every single comment prior had condemned Balenciaga.

by Anonymousreply 49December 1, 2022 5:21 PM

Brilliant, R44.

by Anonymousreply 50December 1, 2022 5:27 PM

You know sane people see it for what it is. No boundaries and people being too stupid or too cowardly to call out the effects of no boundaries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 1, 2022 11:24 PM

R38 You do realise, that when you use logo tape, unless you cut full words off each time there will inevitably be an overlap of letters. Balenciaga has three letter A's, the likelihood is high. Even when you cut off full 'Balenciaga's there's a good chance that two A's will eventually be left side by side on the roll.

I know, I know, I'm using logic instead of OTT panic and drama, not good for conspiracy theories.

by Anonymousreply 52December 2, 2022 4:54 PM

I don’t buy that, r52. The composition was completely planned & staged.

by Anonymousreply 53December 2, 2022 5:01 PM

I'm late to the party, but honestly how did that happen? The company is panicking, apologizing and suing "responsible parties". Why did they do it then? An ad campaign does not just happen. It feels hard to explain without going all out illuminati.

by Anonymousreply 54December 2, 2022 6:37 PM

R47, you’re about the only one here who hasn’t already blocked R44 and R40.

I suggest you do so immediately. Your life will be much, much simpler.

by Anonymousreply 55December 2, 2022 7:10 PM

[quote] It was offensive enough without making up a satanic panic.

America has a history of this type of hysteria: Salem witch trials, Red Scare, satanic panic, repressed memories, and now this. It dates back to the Puritans and our Anglo-Saxon origins.

by Anonymousreply 56December 2, 2022 7:19 PM

Most of the posters here would have shit the bed over Calvin Klein ads.

by Anonymousreply 57December 2, 2022 7:32 PM

r57 ?? Explain. People not finding child abuse glamorous are prudes afraid of underwear? Or what do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 58December 2, 2022 7:54 PM

Nope, r58. I won’t.

by Anonymousreply 59December 2, 2022 7:56 PM

R55 is a sick fuck. Stop excusing this stuff. Tha gay community of old would never have tolerated this nor been too cowardly to speak up. That is the community that won gay rights. Not this neo-crap bunch of morons.

by Anonymousreply 60December 2, 2022 8:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61December 2, 2022 10:05 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 2, 2022 10:05 PM

Because you touch yourself at night, OP.

by Anonymousreply 63December 2, 2022 10:08 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 2, 2022 10:08 PM

predators everywhere forcing children to enact bdsm kinks

where is the outcry?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 2, 2022 10:09 PM

Creepers

by Anonymousreply 66December 2, 2022 10:15 PM

I recently read an FBI report that said 1/3 of men are pedophiles.

by Anonymousreply 67December 2, 2022 10:22 PM

[quote]Why was the Balenciaga thread wiped?

Because I asked for it to be deleted.

by Anonymousreply 68December 2, 2022 10:26 PM

R55 = idiot

by Anonymousreply 69December 2, 2022 10:32 PM

What I got from this is that Balenciaga hired out an art agency to create these images and somebody creeped symbolism that isn’t known to the hoi polli and now there’s backlash. Balenciaga doesn’t have a history of this so I’ll just say this was of poor taste and continue on with my life.

by Anonymousreply 70December 2, 2022 10:55 PM

I think this is beyond mere "bad taste".

by Anonymousreply 71December 2, 2022 10:57 PM

[quote]I think this is beyond mere "bad taste".

No. Agency tried to be edgy in a society where half the people are RWNJs and see evil in everything.

by Anonymousreply 72December 2, 2022 11:14 PM

Because there was nothing to see there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73December 2, 2022 11:21 PM

R72 what's an RWNJ? And yeah, including children with bondage gear is pretty fucking evil.

by Anonymousreply 74December 2, 2022 11:28 PM

You are a RWNJ, r74.

by Anonymousreply 75December 2, 2022 11:30 PM

Could you fuck off with that "child sexual abuse fashion ads are fine because Jesus" crap? Get yourself to therapy and stop rationalyzing.

by Anonymousreply 76December 2, 2022 11:34 PM

People who see literal evil in every. fucking. thing. are the ones who need therapy. Ad agency failed at being edgy and apologized…and you’re still yapping about it.

by Anonymousreply 77December 2, 2022 11:38 PM

Mona Bismark wiped it from the grave.

by Anonymousreply 78December 3, 2022 12:00 AM

Balenciaga is owned by Kering. The ceo is the husband of Salma Hayek. Kering also owns Christies.

There is even more information coming out showing how depraved Balenciaga's roots are. It's parent company, Kering, is run by a man named François-Henri Pinault, who is married to Salma Hayek, and he owns an auction website that sells disgusting "art" of young children in sexual situations

by Anonymousreply 79December 3, 2022 2:50 AM

R73 yeah exactly. Bluergh. These people are clearly working to normalise this.

by Anonymousreply 80December 3, 2022 2:51 AM

I don't *want* to be a conspiracy theorist nut, but I do find the Latin translation of "Baal enci aga" thing quite creepy. The logical part of my brain realizes that humans can find patterns and connections in almost anything, whether they were intentional or not—but in context, it is... off-putting.

by Anonymousreply 81December 3, 2022 3:00 AM

You do realize that enci and aga aren’t words in Latin, right?

by Anonymousreply 82December 3, 2022 3:54 AM

r49, that was Matt. He's constantly saying that some perverted or immoral behavior is condoned by the entirety of Datalounge. It's kind of his thing right now.

by Anonymousreply 83December 3, 2022 3:54 AM

R81 huh that's someone's name Balenciaga SA is a luxury fashion house founded in 1919 by the Spanish designer Cristóbal Balenciaga

Do you have any evidence that they changed their family name from something else to balenciaga?

by Anonymousreply 84December 3, 2022 3:59 AM

R84: I think r81 was referring to the tape in the picture at r38

It’s spelled ‘BAALEN’ from the part that one can see

Typos? Intentional?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85December 3, 2022 4:05 AM

r81 is spouting a conspiracy theory full of lies.

Balenciaga, the name, means "from Basque."

"Baal enci aga" translated from Latin means "Baal the king."

The reason he's talking about "BAALenciaga" is because the ad photos in question have rolls of Balenciaga tape in them as product placement, and one roll has the word "Balenciaga" with two As. This is an artifact of the "B" of the first word printed on the tape being torn off, so when it lays on the rest of the layers of the roll, it looks like it says "Baalenciaga" with an extra A.

Satanic Panic conspiracy theorists believe this was done on purpose to invoke Baal.

by Anonymousreply 86December 3, 2022 4:05 AM

The tape looks intact and unused

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87December 3, 2022 4:08 AM

Higher resolution

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 3, 2022 4:12 AM

This is the roll of tape in question. You can see the top layer with the tape's starting point says "BALENCIAGA" without the first letter B. Laid on top of the rest of the tape which repeats "BALENCIAGA," it makes it look like it says "BAALENCIAGA," which people have taken to mean Balenciaga worships Satan.

It's stupid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89December 3, 2022 4:12 AM

I used to think this stuff was stupid but now I realize that there are a lot of twisted minds that work for these companies and they do express themselves by doing things like this.

by Anonymousreply 90December 3, 2022 4:14 AM

There is definitely a pedo elite that wants to push acceptance for their way of life. They see people like Biden appointee Sam Brinton giving speeches at spanking conferences and think it is only a matter of time before their sexual kink will also be accepted.

by Anonymousreply 91December 3, 2022 4:17 AM

The candle stuck into the beer can at r88 is suggestive too

by Anonymousreply 92December 3, 2022 4:17 AM

R89: the roll of tape looks new and unused

Your argument would only work with a used roll of tape, which it clearly isn’t

by Anonymousreply 93December 3, 2022 4:19 AM

[quote]"Baal enci aga" translated from Latin means "Baal the king."

Again…enci and aga are not Latin words. The Latin word for king is Rex.

by Anonymousreply 94December 3, 2022 4:19 AM

If there's a "pedo elite" then they don't need some bald bitch in a low-level government position to make them socially acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 95December 3, 2022 4:21 AM

R95, that's not the point. They see one type of freak who has gained acceptance and they think they can get it, too. By saturating popular culture with pedoish subject matter in the hopes it will become normal to the public.

by Anonymousreply 96December 3, 2022 4:37 AM

The 80s would have had r96 clutching her pearls.

by Anonymousreply 97December 3, 2022 4:39 AM

To answer OP's question: Davida and her "pedo elite" psychosis is why the Balenciaga thread was wiped.

by Anonymousreply 98December 3, 2022 4:49 AM

OP = Dumbvida.

Don't you have a mall Santa to terrorize?

by Anonymousreply 99December 3, 2022 4:52 AM

Dumbvida, what gave you more grief: Balenciaga with its cryptic satanist pedo campaign or that package from Walmart with LIVE BUGS inside and sugar spilling on the floor?

by Anonymousreply 100December 3, 2022 5:20 AM

Latest story from Business of Fashion:

[quote] bof Verified Spray paint on stores. Slashed and burned products on social media. Accusations of promoting pedophilia on cable news.⁠ ⁠ This week, the risks of Balenciaga’s edgy approach to marketing became painfully clear — as did the errors of the company’s initial response to the crisis — as public outrage and confusion in response to the brand’s ads featuring children posing with BDSM-inspired teddy bears reached a scale not seen in the fashion industry since Dolce & Gabbana’s 2018 meltdown in China.⁠ ⁠ Late Friday, Balenciaga’s leadership issued personal apologies and said the company would drop a planned lawsuit against two external partners who had worked on its campaigns.⁠ ⁠ “I want to personally apologise for the wrong artistic choice of concept for the gifting campaign with the kids,” the brand’s creative director Demna said on Instagram. “I want to personally reiterate my sincere apologies for the offence caused and take my responsibility,” chief executive Cédric Charbit added.⁠ ⁠ The moves came after previous statements apologising for the campaigns had failed to quell the outcry. Though no major retailers have pulled Balenciaga products, by the end of the week, at least two Balenciaga stores — in key locations including LA’s Rodeo Drive and London’s Bond Street — had been vandalised and videos featuring people destroying the brand’s products circulated on TikTok.⁠ ⁠ What went wrong, and can Balenciaga get back on track?⁠

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101December 3, 2022 9:04 AM

Dropping lawsuits

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102December 3, 2022 9:09 AM

Latest Statement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103December 3, 2022 9:12 AM

Gee so surprising they dropped the suit considering they didn't have a leg to stand on.

by Anonymousreply 104December 3, 2022 9:12 AM

Balenciaga Creative Director Demna finally sez he is Sorry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105December 3, 2022 9:22 AM

[quote] demnagram Verified Balenciaga’s Biggest U.S. Store in Miami 🤍

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106December 3, 2022 9:28 AM

^ More here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107December 3, 2022 9:28 AM

This isn't Demna'a first rodeo. Strictly a performance apology. Nothing more. This is his fetish.

by Anonymousreply 108December 3, 2022 12:18 PM

FF r77 for attempting to minimize this

I’m glad the public are pushing back.

I wonder what Salem Hayek thinks of all this

by Anonymousreply 109December 3, 2022 12:32 PM

"If I wanted to see brainlets in the fashion industry light themselves up, I'd rewatch Zoolander"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110December 3, 2022 3:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!