Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Just did a junk food run to Walgreens

I grew up with my mom making homemade meals and baked goods. My parents limited how much junk food and soda we had.

Maybe it's the forbidden fruit aspect that makes it appealing, but I love going to our Walgreens sometimes and picking up some trashy type treats.

I got the new Snowflakes white cheddar Cheetos, a bag of the Stauffers holiday shortbread cookies, and a Hostess fruit pie (I used to want them when I saw the Hostess commercials as a kid but my Mom wouldn't buy them, said they were junk).

One man's trash may be another man's treasure, anyway what do you like to buy and where do you buy it? I only go to Walmart maybe once a year but I know they are great for trashy treats too.

by Anonymousreply 67December 13, 2022 12:00 PM

I grew up with absolutely NO junk food in the house, no fast food, no cereals, and any dessert we had was baked by myself or (on very rare occasions) my mother.

As an adult, about as junk-foody I have been (decades ago) was I'd buy Entemann's Raspberry Danish Twist, Ruffles potato chips, the occasional package of Hostess chocolate frosted done or a package of twinkies. The sweet stuff was pretty rare for me, as I've never been much of a "sweets" person. I used to eat Cracklin' Oat Bran straight from the box too. It was like crack to me. I stopped all of those loooooong ago though.

I quit drinking and the junk food in my house consists of Cheez-It Extra Toastys and Ruffles potato chips. All the rest could be considered fairly good food (although I do admit to getting Laughing Cow cheese wedges and having those on Carr's Water crackers as a late night snack). Mainly I've just been going nuts with cheeses and real food in general.

by Anonymousreply 1November 29, 2022 1:41 AM

My friend goes to Dollar Tree and buys candy, last time we went to the movies he pulled out some of the boxed kind like they sell at the concession stand and shared it with me.

by Anonymousreply 2November 29, 2022 1:44 AM

For salty I like Ruffles potato chips, Doritos, Fritos and Cheetos/cheese puffs most. Also Cheez-its, and those little peanut butter sandwich crackers that come 6 to a pack. For sweet I like almost any candy bar, but Snickers, Reece's PB cups and Twix are my top 3. Love a snack cake/pie or donut, too, too many to list. No, I never buy all this at once. It depends on mood or specific cravings but I'll pick up one or two items with my regular shopping. A lot of times I'll just see something random and think "it's been a while since I've had one of those." Treats are worth indulging in now and then.

by Anonymousreply 3November 29, 2022 1:56 AM

I bought a pumpkin pie the day before Thanksgiving but then found out I didn't need to bring it. So I have been eating pumpkin pie drowned in whipped cream, I have the pie all to myself. LOL and YUM!

by Anonymousreply 4November 29, 2022 5:24 AM

Chips Ahoy (or any basic crunchy chocolate chip cookie), Mother's taffy cookies, peanut M&Ms, sour gummi worms, cheez-its (i like to chew it into a massive ball of bland goop and slowly suck it down), drumsticks (the ice cream cone)

by Anonymousreply 5November 29, 2022 6:09 AM

I always buy the heart-shaped chocolate assortment around Valentine's Day. Several, actually. And it's discounted after Valentine's until they run out.

by Anonymousreply 6November 29, 2022 6:32 AM

I enjoy the lightly salted/seasoned tortilla chips varieties from Walmart, and the WM oatmeal cookies with milk. Hubig's pies recently made a return, so that's my current go to locally. Candywise, it's generally anything chocolate and coconut. Occasionally, local bakery pies or cupcakes or donuts, I like sweets. :-)

by Anonymousreply 7November 29, 2022 7:21 AM

My weakness is Utz Sour Cream and Onion ruffled chips. It's very very salty, which is why I love it.

by Anonymousreply 8November 29, 2022 8:30 AM

Yesterday was the first day since the day before thanksgiving, that I had something besides pecan pie for breakfast. It’s like crack! Publix pecan pie is my new favorite obsession. I’m going to get another one today and put it in the freezer.

by Anonymousreply 9November 29, 2022 9:53 AM

For me, my salty go to snack is Herr's Buttered Popcorn. If it's something sweet then Chips Ahoy Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies.

by Anonymousreply 10November 29, 2022 10:24 AM

Marzipan. Lebkuchen. Palmiers. Also, anything fruity

by Anonymousreply 11November 29, 2022 10:28 AM

A box of Junior Mints that I bring home and pop in the fridge. I like them cold. Same goes for Peppermint Patties, in the fridge.

by Anonymousreply 12November 29, 2022 10:44 AM

This thread 🧵 is for

FAT WHORES

by Anonymousreply 13November 29, 2022 1:00 PM

I was raised in a no sugar household, and Little Debbie got me fat in college.

I cannot buy one box of them, because I will eat them all in one sitting. Nothing else does this to me, I am no longer fat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 29, 2022 1:02 PM

Funny, I just got back from a trip to CVS to buy something for my head cold. Right next to the checkout was a display of Oreo Cakesters. I caved and bought a box. Then I came home to find this thread on DL.

by Anonymousreply 15November 29, 2022 1:09 PM

[quote]I used to want them when I saw the Hostess commercials as a kid but my Mom wouldn't buy them, said they were junk

I don't appreciate your mom calling me a liar. Maybe she should talk some of this trash to my face, and I can teach her what "wholesome" means by kicking her whole ass some.

by Anonymousreply 16November 29, 2022 5:23 PM

Is this a great big fat person thread?

by Anonymousreply 17November 29, 2022 5:24 PM

It is a Fat Whore thread. I love the Fat Whores of DL. They know good snacks and where to find them!

by Anonymousreply 18November 29, 2022 5:26 PM

The fruit pie trigger compulsive eating in me, can't have it in my house

by Anonymousreply 19November 29, 2022 5:36 PM

The butter toffee peanuts sold in a small plastic pack. Same as the ones sold years ago at Sears. Made I think at the same factory in LA.

by Anonymousreply 20November 29, 2022 5:38 PM

I'll slum and pickup transmontanus caviar and burnt champagne.

by Anonymousreply 21November 29, 2022 5:40 PM

If I buy a bag of Cheetos, those Cheetos will be eaten. All of them. At one sitting (sprawling, actually).

I hardly ever do it anymore. Can’t remember the last time. Looking at the nutrition label really takes the fun out of it.

by Anonymousreply 22November 29, 2022 5:45 PM

Turtles candy and Cape Cod potato chips.

by Anonymousreply 23November 29, 2022 5:50 PM

R22 Yes, the Cheetos-munching position!

by Anonymousreply 24November 29, 2022 5:57 PM

You can buy small bags of cheetos, you know. You don't have to buy the party size every time you get a craving

by Anonymousreply 25November 29, 2022 5:58 PM

Cheez-Its and Ruffles are certainly my downfall, as explained upthread. The other thing I really love are those English butter cookies. I used to like Lorna Doons but they're not as good as they used to be.

I did buy Honey Maid Graham Crackers recently and am shocked I haven't broken into them as of yet; I keep forgetting about them.

by Anonymousreply 26November 29, 2022 6:23 PM

R26 Except Cheez-its, unlike Cheetos, just aren't what they used to be. The dark-baked ones are better, but still not the same as the orginal.

by Anonymousreply 27November 29, 2022 6:32 PM

I picked up two packages of Jo Jo's at Trader Joe's: regular and dark chocolate coated.

by Anonymousreply 28November 29, 2022 6:36 PM

Stealth frau thread. Like drawing flies to honey(-comb cereal). Sneaky OP.

by Anonymousreply 29November 29, 2022 6:36 PM

California onion dip and chips. Corn chips for chili.

by Anonymousreply 30November 29, 2022 6:38 PM

I can only eat the reduced fat Cheeze Its, the regular type cause acid reflex

by Anonymousreply 31November 29, 2022 6:39 PM

Reflux

by Anonymousreply 32November 29, 2022 6:40 PM

5th Avenue Bars. Shame Butterfingers have got that crappy fake chocolate covering, since the crunchy inside is good.

by Anonymousreply 33November 29, 2022 6:42 PM

I try to stick to a small portion of mixed nuts and one square of Sea Salt Caramel candy a day. Thanksgiving of course shot all that straight to hell. Finished the last of the pear/apple/cranberry/walnut pie yesterday. So things are looking up.

by Anonymousreply 34November 29, 2022 7:42 PM

I think butterfinger got sold a while back. It does suck when I had one recently.

by Anonymousreply 35December 2, 2022 2:35 AM

Why would anyone pay ridiculous drug store prices for food that's cheaper at the supermarket?

by Anonymousreply 36December 2, 2022 2:51 AM

Because r36 my Walgreens is open 24 hours and my grocery store isn't. Plus I don't see people I know in Walgreens so I can just go as I am and also don't have to worry about somebody I know seeing me buy crappy food.

by Anonymousreply 37December 2, 2022 2:58 AM

Also checkout at Walgreens is a lot faster if you are only buying a few items. I live by a huge Meijer supermarket and it takes longer to park, go through the store, and checkout.

by Anonymousreply 38December 2, 2022 3:00 AM

I just did this at my corner store. Good Humor bars. Salt & vinegar chips and Ruffles. Raspberry iced tea with way too much sugar.

by Anonymousreply 39December 2, 2022 3:29 AM

Boxed double chocolate Ghirardelli brownies topped with Breyers vanilla ice cream and Toranis caramel syrup

by Anonymousreply 40December 2, 2022 3:32 AM

Snickers ice cream bars. God damn you, Walgreens.

by Anonymousreply 41December 2, 2022 3:34 AM

They stopped selling Snickers Dark Chocolate ice cream bars! I cried.

by Anonymousreply 42December 2, 2022 3:36 AM

My local Walgreens doesn't carry Tostitos. I like the lime Tostitos and can eat an entire bag in a day.

by Anonymousreply 43December 2, 2022 4:03 AM

[quote]and also don't have to worry about somebody I know seeing me buy crappy food.

That's hilarious. What would these people do if they saw you buying crappy food? Ruin your reputation?

by Anonymousreply 44December 2, 2022 11:40 PM

^ I actually can’t stand going to my local one. I tend to go on a late night food run or I’m sick and need to pick up medicine etc. in both cases I’m not in a state to look good for any exes etc that also shop there.

by Anonymousreply 45December 3, 2022 12:19 AM

I like to leave Cheetos (the puffy ones, not the boogers) in the opened bag for a few days before eating them. They become pleasantly chewy.

by Anonymousreply 46December 3, 2022 1:00 AM

The Cheetos ‘Snowflakes’ (white cheddar) were good. I am a sucker for limited edition new snacks.

by Anonymousreply 47December 3, 2022 3:16 AM

I just bought little Debbies as my one treat. They really are addicting. I love Mike and Ike’s but I’ve avoided buying them.

by Anonymousreply 48December 3, 2022 3:32 AM

r48 what kind of Little Debbies?

by Anonymousreply 49December 3, 2022 8:09 AM

[quote] "Cheez-It Extra Toastys"

R1 YES, PLEASE!

[quote] "Ruffles potato chips."

No thank you. My mother (who also loved Cheez-Its) loved the Sour Cream & Cheddar Ruffles. I'd rather have Grandma Utz Kettle Cooked if I'm eating chips. They're fried in lard, and just as delicious as they are unhealthy. If you haven't tried them, please do.

by Anonymousreply 50December 3, 2022 8:20 AM

About 2 years ago those Laughing Cow wedges, which I also had an ongoing and major weakness for, suddenly started to taste weirdly sweet. The night it happened I had, perhaps stupidly, decided to include them in a cheese plate that also included some Serious Adult cheeses. I'm wondering if it was the comparison that made them taste so sweet? Either way, I haven't been able to eat them since and they were one of my favourite junk food treats.

by Anonymousreply 51December 3, 2022 8:47 AM

YES R46, I love the "chewy" Cheetos as well and do the same thing (open the bag, let it sit open until they get kinda old and chewy).

by Anonymousreply 52December 3, 2022 8:56 AM

Oreo ice cream sandwiches are like fucking crack. I don't even like the cookies that much but the ice-cream version turns me into a fucking high-efficiency ice-cream consumption machine.

Favourite Little Debbies is Creme Pies but am in Canada and suspect we have a shit selection.

Weird British chips (cheese and onion flavour are the best).

Billot Logs. Americans don't know what these are. They're Twinkies but imagine how Twinkies would be in heaven. That's Billot Logs.

by Anonymousreply 53December 3, 2022 8:58 AM

Pringles Sweet and Spicy Wavy Crisps (one tube)

Trader Joe's Soy Creamy Cherry and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (one quart)

Cheetos Jalapeno and Cheddar Crisps/Snacks (9 oz bag)

Stuff my face with only the above over two days. Then my body goes into major protest about being subjected to all that salt/sugar/chemical sludge, and I lose the craving/desire for a month or two.

by Anonymousreply 54December 3, 2022 9:11 AM

[quote] what kind of Little Debbies?

Swiss rolls and brownies.

by Anonymousreply 55December 3, 2022 11:37 PM

R34- You wolfed down that Thanksgiving pie , therefore You're a FAT WHORE

How are things looking up?

by Anonymousreply 56December 3, 2022 11:54 PM

OP again, haven't had any junk lately so tonight I stopped in the other place near here that's good for a quick stop in and I won't see anybody I know. Dollar General. Got Potato Skins snack (can't find it anywhere else) and Moon Pies. Oink!

by Anonymousreply 57December 7, 2022 3:59 AM

I don't know if you get these in America - in fact I thought they'd stop making them years ago, seems they come from Belgium - they now appear in various places (here in London) at Christmas time so I have to buy them before they disappear. I now have three boxes in the cupboard for this reason and was able to restrict to two last night. I'm talking about marzipan fruit. I loved marzipan so much as a kiddie my grandma used to buy me blocks of the stuff - which seems ridiculous on reflection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58December 7, 2022 4:55 AM

r58 my family is Dutch and my aunt makes wonderful banket at Christmas, I think marzipan may be a bit like the almond paste in the banket.

by Anonymousreply 59December 7, 2022 4:59 AM

My local Walgreens stopped selling Mrs. Freshley's chocolate cupcakes, which I started buying when Hostess went out of business for a couple of years. I ended up preferring Mrs. Freshley's.

by Anonymousreply 60December 7, 2022 8:32 AM

I love those Edward's pies where they sell them 2 slices per box. I like to get the Key Lime and sometimes I will eat it straight from the freezer without unthawing.

by Anonymousreply 61December 13, 2022 6:24 AM

Are all of you FAT WHORES female because I don't know any guys who eat like this.

by Anonymousreply 62December 13, 2022 6:39 AM

R62 Guys lie.

by Anonymousreply 63December 13, 2022 7:19 AM

I’m eating leftover Halloween candy, my fave is 2 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups with a large glass of milk, & yes my mouth is watering as I’m typing this!

by Anonymousreply 64December 13, 2022 7:50 AM

I usually buy chips at the supermarket, Giant Eagle in Pittsburgh. Their house brand of ridged potato chips are better than Ruffles. They don't break off in sour cream (into which I stir dill weed).

by Anonymousreply 65December 13, 2022 7:55 AM

I'm thrilled that ketchup-flavored potato chips are now available in the US. I usually buy Wegmans house brand.

Smartfood popcorn - it must be good for you because it has "smart" right in the name!

For sweet junk, Poppycock (an amalgamation of popcorn, almonds and pecans in a caramel glaze) is only available at holiday time around here. That's probably for the best.

by Anonymousreply 66December 13, 2022 10:19 AM

Sadly, in America's underinvested "food deserts", CVS and Walgreen's serve as de facto grocery stores for underprivileged, underserved people. And it is contributing to a public health crisis in those communities.

by Anonymousreply 67December 13, 2022 12:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!