Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's be reddit

I'm I don't know where to begin because the cumbersome functionality is the off-grid smug Woody Harrelsonesque so groovy I'm actually a dick of message boards.

by Anonymousreply 65December 3, 2022 9:28 PM

Gotta love reddit!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 28, 2022 3:39 AM

Another.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 28, 2022 3:43 AM

Yup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 28, 2022 3:47 AM

I'm the sanctimony.

by Anonymousreply 4November 28, 2022 3:57 AM

I'm the power hungry moderator. I deleted your perfectly benign post for being off topic. Actually ..... it wasn't remotely off topic but I am a power hungry freak. I only approve posts from people who have already posted 500000 times already.

by Anonymousreply 5November 28, 2022 3:59 AM

" I am not a Redditer, per se. Not really. I visited the site off and on since I was in high school. At the time, I was living with my Dad after my parents got divorced. My parents got back together, ironically when I was graduating from high school and heading to college. I went away to school but had a really hard time figuring out what major I would be pursuing. Ultimately, I decided to take a break from school and my parents split up again!Confusing. I started an only fans while I was figuring out what to do with school thing. Also, I was having a bad breakup with my ex. We shared the same apartment and it was his idea to do onlyfans. We were supposed to do only fans together but it got too weird when we broke up. We still see each other off and on but it is hard, you know. Anyway, the onlyfans thing is kinda hard and I really want to figure out the school thing."

by Anonymousreply 6November 28, 2022 4:24 AM

I'm the 50000 off topic comments on a news story. The stupid assholes at reddit upvote me the highest.

by Anonymousreply 7November 28, 2022 4:52 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 28, 2022 4:55 AM

I’m the anti work subreddit. I think I’m changing the world through promoting Marxist theory but the truth is that I’m lazy and entitled. I think there should be work. I just think you should do it for me and hand me the cash.

by Anonymousreply 9November 28, 2022 5:12 AM

I'm the downvotes on a perfectly timed snarky quip.

by Anonymousreply 10November 28, 2022 5:35 AM

Im the atroshus spelling and the compleet lack of paragraohs and structure in my inane word spew of a story that took you all far too long to deecipher and made you want to kill yourself for being stupid enough to read. Basically I'm an EST aficionado bcos I am so devoid of attenshun in my life that I will make up lewdicrous stories about molestation and creepy encounters (see my profile its NSFW I warned you) just so I can reply earnestly and keep embelishing before I disappear into the ether.

by Anonymousreply 11November 28, 2022 5:40 AM

What is EST?

by Anonymousreply 12November 28, 2022 12:23 PM

I'm shadowbanning and shadow-deleting of posts.

I'm incredibly passive-aggressive. I'm the "punishment" used by those who are power-mad but prefer to think of themselves as benevolent internet mommies sending you to your room for your own good.

by Anonymousreply 13November 28, 2022 1:02 PM

r12 EST = "Elaborate Scenario Troll"

by Anonymousreply 14November 28, 2022 1:10 PM

Ugh. The worst! R14

by Anonymousreply 15November 28, 2022 1:13 PM

I’m r/ladybonersgw

by Anonymousreply 16November 28, 2022 1:28 PM

My favorite thing about Reddit is nearly any thread with more than eight replies eventually includes people trying to one-up each other about trauma or self-diagnosed disabilities. Even if the original topic of discussion was paperclips or Ted Danson's "Cheers"-era hairpiece.

by Anonymousreply 17November 28, 2022 1:31 PM

I’m a rightwing tool and I keep getting banned from subreddits. God I’m stupid. But I’m unemployed so…whatever. I’ve gotta do something until I’m 15 or 16 and can borrow my friend’s gun and go shoot people at a protest, a mall, a Walmart, a black church, a synagogue. In meantime I shoot birds and people’s pets.

by Anonymousreply 18November 28, 2022 1:49 PM

I'm the top viewed subreddit pushing narratives that provoke outrage and division. My moderators shadow delete comments that push back with factual information.

My posts are always "hot" on the frontpage.

by Anonymousreply 19November 28, 2022 2:22 PM

[quote]Im the atroshus spelling

Sching it, R11!

by Anonymousreply 20November 28, 2022 2:38 PM

I will allow incel forums but anyone posting “islamophobic” or “transphobic” comments, will be immediately banned.

by Anonymousreply 21November 28, 2022 2:41 PM

I’ve never had any experience with “shadow banning” on Reddit. Or “shadow deleting.”

But then, I don’t shitpost. I’m neither Russian, Chinese, Iranian or a conspiracy-obsessed American who believes that old fart politicians are deep state pedophiles eating the flesh and drinking the blood of post-birth aborted fetuses in order that the deep state might live ….. forever!

by Anonymousreply 22November 28, 2022 2:46 PM

I’m the menopause subreddit where women gather to commiserate and share experiences about symptoms and HRT.

As moderator I regularly announce that all women are welcome, not just women with traditional female reproductive organs.

by Anonymousreply 23November 28, 2022 4:26 PM

I'm the mod who banned me for threatening Ellie Goulding

by Anonymousreply 24November 28, 2022 4:41 PM

I'm the mutual assurance of having the correct and only opinion on anything. I happen in comment 10 the latest.

by Anonymousreply 25November 28, 2022 4:44 PM

I'm r/Relationships. Everything posted on me is fiction.

by Anonymousreply 26November 28, 2022 4:46 PM

We're tweens on the Drag Race sub, shipping "warm lesbian" relationships between our favorite queens.

by Anonymousreply 27November 28, 2022 4:49 PM

I'm r/FemaleDatingStrategy, aka the female-incel sub. The irony that it's "FDS" for short isn't lost on me.

by Anonymousreply 28November 28, 2022 4:51 PM

Happy Cake Day!

by Anonymousreply 29November 28, 2022 10:06 PM

Im AITA. I post a carefully edited version of events to get everyone on my side. " I Held Open a door for an 80 year old wheelchair bound cancer patient and my friend told me I was an asshole. AITA?"

by Anonymousreply 30November 28, 2022 10:47 PM

^^^THIS. So much this. You win the internet today.

by Anonymousreply 31November 28, 2022 10:48 PM

I'm a skincare addiction poster. I am shallow as well as neurotic bordering on clinically insane. I post things like " I went outside for 5 minutes this morning in spf 50 rather than spf 100. Is there anything I can do to undo the damage? I'm willing to spend up to 30000?".

by Anonymousreply 32November 28, 2022 10:51 PM

Someone is spending a whole lot of time on Reddit

by Anonymousreply 33November 28, 2022 11:02 PM

It's incomprehensible and overwrought on every level.

by Anonymousreply 34November 28, 2022 11:18 PM

I'm the post opening with "My dudes"

by Anonymousreply 35November 29, 2022 12:15 AM

R33 is far to busy on the Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 36November 29, 2022 6:06 PM

TOO busy. Much TOO busy.

by Anonymousreply 37November 29, 2022 6:07 PM

I'm "Thanks for the gold, kind stranger!"

And its cousin, "I regret I have no gold to give, but take my updoot!"

by Anonymousreply 38November 29, 2022 6:46 PM

I’m R38’s second cousin “EDIT: Wow, I did not expect my comment to blow up like this! It’s crazy that this is my most upvoted comment ever.”

Save the acceptance speech for your blog, Mary. Internet points are free.

by Anonymousreply 39November 30, 2022 6:52 AM

I’m the down votes when a post doesn’t fit the narrative of the subreddit onto which one posts.

by Anonymousreply 40November 30, 2022 7:10 AM

I’m the teenagers and their slang.

by Anonymousreply 41November 30, 2022 5:15 PM

I'm outraged at the relationship between a 30 something and a 22 year old CHILD

by Anonymousreply 42November 30, 2022 5:26 PM

I'm the moron who thinks he's being more succinct by saying "Basically, the title says it all.", which actually makes the post even longer.

by Anonymousreply 43November 30, 2022 11:49 PM

I'm the miserable Karen who's formed a clique within a subreddit that targets and downvotes posters they don't like, even if it's a good poster and that person is a stranger who did nothing to them.

I've seen a woman who wrote a very sad post about her miscarriage in a forum about miscarriages getting downvoted by these bitches.

by Anonymousreply 44November 30, 2022 11:59 PM

I'm the zealously enforced ideological purity.

by Anonymousreply 45December 1, 2022 12:30 AM

I'm the deux moi gossip subreddit. I'm about as fun and salacious as a wet noodle. I'm all about moralizing and finger wagging. No one who posts in me has a sense of humor or even moral nuance and complexity. I suck all of the fun out of celebrity gossip.

by Anonymousreply 46December 1, 2022 12:32 AM

I'm the ridiculous avatars that look like so many obedient little soldiers — but with flair, that you can buy!

by Anonymousreply 47December 1, 2022 12:33 AM

I'm the elation when a person struggling with some unfortunate life circumstance or mental illness finds what they believe are "their people."

I'm their relief that there's someplace where their story can be told. I'm the amazement that someone out there understands them, validates their experience. I'm the tentative, then enthusiastic, participation in the group.

I'm the shock and confusion when the moderator turns out to be a capricious, mentally disturbed cunt and the new "friends" are callous and uncaring. And that that's the way of all subreddits because Reddit, like most social media, is basically 6th Grade writ large.

by Anonymousreply 48December 1, 2022 1:16 AM

R46 sadly popculturechat isn't much better.

by Anonymousreply 49December 1, 2022 1:56 AM

I’m the repetitive, unoriginal jokes. I was funny the first 2 times. Less so on the 20th read.

by Anonymousreply 50December 1, 2022 2:16 AM

I’m flair. I hate my dumb name.

by Anonymousreply 51December 1, 2022 2:26 AM

I'm the poster who doesn't know 2nd grade grammar.

"Me and my wife bought a house..."

by Anonymousreply 52December 1, 2022 2:56 AM

I'm a bot.

by Anonymousreply 53December 1, 2022 2:58 AM

I'm the spooky story about almost possibly being kidnapped by a probable child molester as a kid.

I'm scarier because I'm real, and people are the scariest monsters of all.

by Anonymousreply 54December 1, 2022 3:08 AM

I’m r/hilariabaldwin. Fuck ya poop, Peepaw. Carmen made me take this picture of Big Eddie and Mary Caillou being twinnish. ObSESSED!

by Anonymousreply 55December 1, 2022 4:16 AM

I'm the casual mention of a past drug addiction even though it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Quitting cocaine is the closest thing I have to an accomplishment. Well, that and Growing Up In An Abusive Household™️

by Anonymousreply 56December 1, 2022 4:24 AM

EDIT: I didn’t expect this thread to blow up. Thanks for the gold.

by Anonymousreply 57December 1, 2022 4:26 AM

I'm rfatlogic- I'm a subreddit full of fat people and former fatties who hate fat people, but we're not rfatpeoplehate. That place was toxic.

by Anonymousreply 58December 1, 2022 6:12 AM

I’m the daddy who feels empowered to post his most candid moments.

by Anonymousreply 59December 1, 2022 6:23 AM

I'm Metafilter. Many of my users, despairing of the passive-aggressive moderation, pileons, and cliques, fled to what they thought would be a freer and fairer discussion site, Reddit.

Joke's on them!

by Anonymousreply 60December 2, 2022 11:24 PM

I’m the one who reads a good post and instead of just upvoting it, repeats the post with slightly different wording as if the they are coming up with something original.

by Anonymousreply 61December 3, 2022 12:34 AM

I’m the loser who thinks people want to read “THIS!^” instead of just upvoting the post they like.

by Anonymousreply 62December 3, 2022 12:36 AM

I'm username checks out.

by Anonymousreply 63December 3, 2022 7:06 AM

I'm [italic] This comment removed by moderator [/italic].

by Anonymousreply 64December 3, 2022 10:13 AM

I’m the male pontificators.

by Anonymousreply 65December 3, 2022 9:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!