Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends - Brooke Shields' Town House

It's pretty goddamn perfect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 7, 2022 5:55 AM

Paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 1November 26, 2022 7:18 PM

Does she use this abode for HARD CORE scissoring.

by Anonymousreply 2November 26, 2022 7:35 PM

I always liked Brooke Shields, seems normal and level headed, a Princeton girl. :-)

by Anonymousreply 3November 26, 2022 7:56 PM

Those glasses are not her friend.

by Anonymousreply 4November 26, 2022 8:00 PM

R4 actually once you get to a certain age they are - since the eyes are the first thing to give away your ages. Diane Keaton ain’t no fool.

by Anonymousreply 5November 26, 2022 8:03 PM

She looks so large.

by Anonymousreply 6November 26, 2022 8:06 PM

It's quite nice, and I like BS we're the same age, I grew up seeing and hearing her.

by Anonymousreply 7November 26, 2022 8:08 PM

It's quite nice, and I like BS we're the same age, I grew up seeing and hearing her.

by Anonymousreply 8November 26, 2022 8:09 PM

It's very nice. Not quite my style, but done well.

by Anonymousreply 9November 26, 2022 8:14 PM

OP- Do you know what comes between me and my Calvins?

NOTHING

by Anonymousreply 10November 26, 2022 8:15 PM

Op, please don't swear in your caption. It just isn't necessary.

by Anonymousreply 11November 26, 2022 8:17 PM

She’s cradling her coffee

by Anonymousreply 12November 26, 2022 8:26 PM

OP is right-- it's perfect.

by Anonymousreply 13November 26, 2022 8:28 PM

Brooke was always a large girl - not at all fat, but tall and big boned.

I’ve met her and she is very intimidating looking in person, tall and striking features in her older age. Extremely nice to the point of being boring.

by Anonymousreply 14November 26, 2022 8:32 PM

I think it's a mess and she's got more booze bottles on display than a liquor store 🙄

by Anonymousreply 15November 26, 2022 8:37 PM

^It's a memorial to her mother.

by Anonymousreply 16November 26, 2022 8:40 PM

^ I guess it runs in the family

by Anonymousreply 17November 26, 2022 8:41 PM

I don't think Brooke cares what you, or I, think of her glasses. That's part of the joy of getting older.

I will always love Brooke--always!--among other reasons, for her standing up to that prick Tammy Cruise when he went public with HIS opinion about Brooke's having taken prescription meds to treat her post-natal depression.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 26, 2022 8:46 PM

I just asked Alexa- Brook Shields is worth an estimated $40 million

but our FAVORITE filly aka Sarah Jessica Parker is worth an estimated $200 million.

by Anonymousreply 19November 26, 2022 8:55 PM

Very nice.

by Anonymousreply 20November 26, 2022 8:59 PM

The focus on booze does seem odd, given her mother and they guy she worked with who killed himself.

But maybe she is a moderate drinker and feels like it’s healthy for her kids to be exposed to normal, moderate drinking. It can backfire to treat it like forbidden fruit.

by Anonymousreply 21November 26, 2022 9:09 PM

I think the glasses look good on her. Love the house.

by Anonymousreply 22November 26, 2022 9:20 PM

Nice house and good for her. We're close to the same age and doe so many years her mother was always in the news something, in the middle of things, steering her daughter this way and that -- but she seems to have come out well and level-headed. And un glad she survived her background and the time, and well and with some good humor.

The house is much the same. The architectural program seems very sound, the finishes quietly, confidently good, and then she furnished it to her personal taste, a comfortable, practical, elegant house, and expensive, but not fussy, not showy but confident and easy.

Its an early 20thC house, and it seems the designers enlarged upon the Greek Revival spirit of the place (assume the style reference is to the facade details, certainly not the period of the house ) They did well. It's modern but also has the distinct feel of 19thC Greek Revival double parlor houses in volume and the spare details.

Great place. And a rare example of a gut Reno for which there was a real reason (besides egos) and a real success.

by Anonymousreply 23November 26, 2022 10:03 PM

R4, you beat me to it. Her eye glasses are like goggles on her.

R3, me too. I met her once, and she was completely down to earth.

The townhouse is lovely and tasteful. Wish they had a photo of her bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 24November 26, 2022 10:10 PM

It’s really hard to dislike Brooke - many of us grew up with her and to me, at least, it’s lovely to see her settled and happy.

by Anonymousreply 25November 26, 2022 10:19 PM

Here's the archived version, no paywall. I think it's missing some of the photos.

She mentioned that Andre Agassi "talked her into" selling the old UES townhouse that she and her mom lived in. Because Agassi hated NY. She regrets selling, now, it sounds like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 26, 2022 10:28 PM

More pictures of more rooms from 2017 -- not much has changed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 26, 2022 10:47 PM

Lovely, grounded and the real deal — just like its owner.

by Anonymousreply 28November 26, 2022 10:49 PM

It’s pretty, baby.

by Anonymousreply 29November 26, 2022 11:02 PM

[quote] I always liked Brooke Shields, seems normal and level headed, a Princeton girl. :-)

Normal? She posed nude at age 10. She bearded for Michael Jackson for years. She was allowed to graduate from Princeton without the requisite math and science courses. Nothing "normal" about all that.

by Anonymousreply 30November 26, 2022 11:24 PM

[quote] Lovely, grounded and the real deal — just like its owner.

Who are you, her agent? She's just another Hollywood twat who loves publicity./

by Anonymousreply 31November 26, 2022 11:25 PM

Love it.

by Anonymousreply 32November 26, 2022 11:32 PM

[quote] Tasteful Friends - Brooke Shields' Town House: It's pretty goddamn perfect.

Yes, OP, it's so 'goddamn' that the clergy refuse to visit.

by Anonymousreply 33November 26, 2022 11:35 PM

I like the house a lot, but it’s not in a great location. It’s right across the street from a police precinct house and I think it’s right next-door to a restaurant or maybe two doors down. She must be very down to earth because not every celebrity would buy in that location.

by Anonymousreply 34November 26, 2022 11:45 PM

[quote]Op, please don't swear in your caption. It just isn't necessary.

Shut up you fucking cunt

by Anonymousreply 35November 27, 2022 12:09 AM

I just love her. She seems like a sweetheart — and one of the few famous women DL doesn’t savage. Quite a feat!

by Anonymousreply 36November 27, 2022 12:23 AM

R26, Agassi always seemed like such an asshole to her in that marriage. I bet she regrets selling the house she grew up in, but good for her that she loves where she is now. (Although maybe per the usual celeb architectural spreads, she’ll have it on the market in 5 minutes.)

by Anonymousreply 37November 27, 2022 12:41 AM

She's entering Harry Carey territory with those glasses. I have always liked her though. Her house is really nice, but not my thing.

by Anonymousreply 38November 27, 2022 12:47 AM

Dark grey is one of my favorite interior colors. You can pair any color accessory with it and it always looks good.

by Anonymousreply 39November 27, 2022 12:49 AM

[quote] Although maybe per the usual celeb architectural spreads, she’ll have it on the market in 5 minutes.

I hope not. She went through all that trouble to change it back to a single-family home. It had been chopped up into 8 units when she bought it.

I don't see a crazy amount of alcohol displayed in that house.

R39, I love dark gray, too. Anything medium to dark (gray) is good. Light gray can be too washed-out and I'd rather just choose another color.

by Anonymousreply 40November 27, 2022 12:52 AM

[quote] Op, please don't swear in your caption. It just isn't necessary.

You're fucking right, motherfucker! Shitty language is something only cunting assholes use.

by Anonymousreply 41November 27, 2022 12:54 AM

[quote] She seems like a sweetheart — and one of the few famous women DL doesn’t savage.

I dont' know why not. She glommed onto Michael Jackson and was his "girlfriend" for years. After the child molestation accusations started in earnest she attempted to distance herself from him. Previously when asked about her close friend Michael Jackson she'd say "I love him dearly" but that changed and she would no longer comment on him at all. She hadn't had anything to do with him for years but after he died she popped up on his televised memorial service, reminiscing about her dear friend Michael Jackson. She had a bried marriage to ANdre Agassi; in his memoir he said the marriage failed because she so career driven. I don't think Brooke Shields is deserving of any special admiration. She doesn't seem particularly "nice", except "nice" in a fake Hollywood way.

by Anonymousreply 42November 27, 2022 12:55 AM

Over decorated. Too much crap everywhere. She needs to 86 50% of the paddy whacks.

by Anonymousreply 43November 27, 2022 12:57 AM

[quote] She's entering Harry Carey territory with those glasses

Is that a bad Japanese pun or a reference to someone we don't know?

by Anonymousreply 44November 27, 2022 1:01 AM

"we"??

Most of us know very well who Harry Carey is, r44.

I am enormously embarrassed you do not, and that you could not even bother Googling his name.

by Anonymousreply 45November 27, 2022 1:11 AM

Harry Carey died three quarters of a century ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 27, 2022 1:14 AM

[quote]I like the house a lot, but it’s not in a great location. It’s right across the street from a police precinct house

Sounds like a GREAT location to us.

by Anonymousreply 47November 27, 2022 1:25 AM

When her book came out a few years ago she came to our town and my husband’s bookstore did the book signing. We got to spend some time with her. First of all she is absolutely stunning in person. Pictures and film don’t do her justice. And she is built. Her arms and shoulders were like a body builders. Finally while she was there to sell books she couldn’t have been nicer behind the scenes. A real sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 48November 27, 2022 1:27 AM

R48= Brooke Shields

by Anonymousreply 49November 27, 2022 3:50 AM

She is probably going to sell it.

by Anonymousreply 50November 27, 2022 4:02 AM

The glasses comparison was dead on.

The spelling was not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 27, 2022 12:58 PM

She does seem very nice and unassuming, given her beauty and fame. I looked at some of her house on google images.....I'm not going to buy a subscription of the NYT to see it. It's not my taste, but it's very nice and well done.

by Anonymousreply 52November 27, 2022 1:56 PM

Like the house and the owner. I think it’s a perfect location for a celebrity - prime West Village and being across from the police precinct provides safety. Which is why Bradley Cooper lives next door too. Living in a single family home comes with risks for a celebrity I assume - so doesn’t get much safer than across from the police station in the West Village. I wonder if she and Bradley - and Irina - have drinks together.

by Anonymousreply 53November 27, 2022 2:05 PM

Weird/disappointing they don’t show the kitchen (Brooke at a table with subway tile behind her doesn’t count as a kitchen) or a bedroom. Instead it’s…statues, furniture, stairways, and of course, a posing Brooke. Love her but jury is still out on the house, pending more evidence.

by Anonymousreply 54November 27, 2022 2:32 PM

^^^correction: Brooke is posing in front of fireplace tiles in her presumed kitchen. Not subway tiles. Sorry for the error. Please try to forgive me.

by Anonymousreply 55November 27, 2022 2:34 PM

[quote]She had a bried marriage to ANdre Agassi; in his memoir he said the marriage failed because she so career driven.

To be fair, Agassi brought his share of problems to the relationship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56November 27, 2022 2:40 PM

Those are the stairs of death.

by Anonymousreply 57November 27, 2022 2:57 PM

Who is the one Brooke hater on this thread? I'm supposed to dislike for being pimped out by her crazy mom?

by Anonymousreply 58November 27, 2022 4:16 PM

[quote] Living in a single family home comes with risks for a celebrity I assume

Which I why I just keep buying up apartments in my WVill building - way too risky for a huge celeb like me. My neighbor Sally Field understands.

by Anonymousreply 59November 27, 2022 5:17 PM

Given how exploited Brooke was as a child and adolescent, it's something of a miracle that she came out normal and grounded. Many people who became an international sex symbol at 15 would have serious emotional problems, but Brooke seems to have come out on the other side of all of it.

by Anonymousreply 60November 27, 2022 5:35 PM

No makeup. Stunning and brave.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61December 7, 2022 5:35 AM

Loved all the pictures and am watching the video right now. Thanks :)

by Anonymousreply 62December 7, 2022 5:48 AM

[quote]R6 She looks so large.

Well, she’s close to six feet tall.

by Anonymousreply 63December 7, 2022 5:50 AM

I miss her show,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 7, 2022 5:53 AM

[quote]r34 I like the house a lot, but it’s not in a great location. It’s right across the street from a police precinct

Wouldn’t any New Yorker appreciate that? Fewer break ins, muggings, etc.

by Anonymousreply 65December 7, 2022 5:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!