Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Should the American taxpayer pay for the security and transportation of a Presidents adult children?

When Trump was in office his adult kids seemed to go everywhere he did. Constantly under foot almost as if they were his entourage.

Now under Biden, his adult granddaughter has a wedding at the White House. His adult middle aged son and children are always going on vacation with him. Flying to the vacation spot onboard Air Force One. Hunter climbing the stairs to enter the plane then he and his young son waving at the press as though he’s the one they’re there to see.

Growing up with Clinton, Shrub, and Obama, I’m accustomed to teenage children. Minors that obviously have to live and go where their parents go. I thought adult children were supposed to be doing their own thing and not constantly under their parents feet. If you want to go on vacation or travel with the parents then book your own flight and drive your own car.

by Anonymousreply 13November 26, 2022 4:42 AM

Only if they know how to use an apostrophe.

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2022 7:47 PM

does this apply to Bidet's hideous non binary stepdaughter?

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2022 9:00 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 3November 26, 2022 3:12 AM

Only for as long as the prez holds office, and only to a point. After that, the shits are on their own.

by Anonymousreply 4November 26, 2022 3:24 AM

As long as that president is in office, yes.

by Anonymousreply 5November 26, 2022 3:32 AM

I think it's for lifetime now. Obama changed it. He probably had good reasons to. World is a lot more crazy now than 10-20 years ago unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 6November 26, 2022 3:53 AM

Presidents get way too many perks with the short term job. You'd think the power trip would be enough. Revolt!

by Anonymousreply 7November 26, 2022 3:56 AM

The Reagan children dismissed their Secret Service protection because that cunt Nancy made the agents keep tabs on the kid’s private lives and share it with Nancy.

Patti Davis was pissed when they blabbed to Nancy that she was fucking Kris Kristofferson. Nancy called her and told her off, and Patti dismissed the agents as a result.

by Anonymousreply 8November 26, 2022 4:01 AM

I saw Malia picking her sister up from the airport driving a regular car. Didn't appear to have anyone with her.

by Anonymousreply 9November 26, 2022 4:02 AM

Yes, because they need security.

I do not like the phase the American tax payer. Obviously, one year of people paying taxes did not build our democracy.

I also believe that the local police should be protecting people in their communities.

by Anonymousreply 10November 26, 2022 4:05 AM

R10 Where then does the government get its money?

by Anonymousreply 11November 26, 2022 4:25 AM

Yes, I think so. They'd be under possible threat all the time. Some whacko could do anything.

by Anonymousreply 12November 26, 2022 4:32 AM

As long as this country has shitloads of guns, shitloads of mental illness, and social media turning every loner into the next mass murderer, I'd say it's worth the investment.

by Anonymousreply 13November 26, 2022 4:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!