Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Unpopular Opinions: TV edition

Thread name says it all.

Mine is: I actually like the last seasons of I love Lucy, when they moved to Connecticut. Even though I will always think the early NY seasons as the best of the show, I think in the end the show needed a change and it was refreshing to see some new scenarios and friends in the story. Also I feel that the comedy at that point was distributed more evenly as opposed to the NY years were Lucy was always the butt of the joke.

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2022 11:16 AM

Seinfeld was never funny. Not once.

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2022 8:58 PM

Oof R1

I am a huge Seinfeld fan so I cant share that one. All I'll say is, it was funny to me.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2022 9:08 PM

Semi agree with R1 I hated Kramer. His ridiculous overly odd way of coming into Jerry’s apartment, his hair, his stupid face. Ugh. Curb your Enthusiasm is eons above Seinfeld in wit and humor. Seinfeld is a bit dated, almost sad to watch now with how easy the 90s were and life was better. The fashions were grosser but the whole way of living just felt right.

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2022 9:19 PM

R1 Why did you watch it then?

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2022 9:21 PM

[quote] Why did you watch it then?

People I was living with wanted to watch it. I made them suffer through Caroline in the City. (Not because it was funny, but because I was in love with Malcolm Gets.)

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2022 9:25 PM

I was always hoping the characters on Friends would all die together in some plane crash or mass shooting. Instead, the actors playing them just got old - which in their eyes is probably worse.

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2022 10:14 PM

As a child I liked "Lost in Space" more than "Star Trek."

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2022 10:19 PM

Every Lucy show after ILL was crap. So many ILL scripts reworked.

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2022 2:32 AM

M*A*S*H has been ruined by sentimentality, reverance, and the actors in it believing it, and they, were doing the most important work on television.

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2022 2:37 AM

The Nanny was only borderline funny.

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2022 2:45 AM

Pam and Jim on The Office were shitty characters and the actors who portrayed them are overrated as fuck especially Krasinski.

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2022 2:52 AM

Less is best.

On whole, the best TV series have fewer episodes, fewer seasons, and each season stands is designed to stand well on its own -- not just as part of a 3 season story to wrap up a popular series. How it concludes is less important than the story it tells; -- a series should never be "wrapped up" for the sake of untidy loose ends. "Deadwood" was a better series without a tidy conclusion than any hit series that concluded with a whimpering, simpering three-season renewsl contract that 3verypne knew would be the last.

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2022 2:55 AM

Not EVERYBODY Loves Raymond.

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2022 4:32 AM

I enjoyed Forever with Ioan Gruffud - wish it had been picked up somewhere after being axed

I also enjoyed Selfie w/ Karen Gillan and John Cho, much better than it had any right to be

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2022 4:35 AM

I'm with you R11, always thought they were incredibly sacharine and dull.

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2022 11:14 AM

House of the Dragon? Enh...

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2022 11:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!