Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

You Want to Try This: Sautéed Chicken in Mustard-Cream Sauce

I made this last night and it was easy and tasty.

by Anonymousreply 53November 28, 2022 9:15 PM

Ina Garten has a recipe with tarragon. I made it before. It was nice.

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2022 3:21 PM

Without actually providing the specific recipe he used, OP is worse than H for starting this thread.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2022 3:33 PM

[bold] GREG'S DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE SAUTÉED CHICKEN IN MUSTARD-CREAM SAUCE [/bold]

[bold] INGREDIENTS [/bold]

–4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (around 6-ounces each)

–1/4 teaspoon salt

–1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

–2 Tablespoons of olive oil

–1/4 cup of dry white wine or chicken stock (I use both)

–1/2 cup of heavy cream

–2 Tablespoons of Dijon mustard

–1 Tablespoon of chopped, fresh tarragon

[bold] PROCEDURE [/bold]

1. Dry chicken breasts with paper toweling and lightly pound the breasts just to make them an even thickness. You are [bold] not [/bold] looking to make thin cutlets, you just want to even out the thickness of each breast. Salt and pepper both sides of each chicken breast.

2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the 2 Tablespoons of olive oil. Cook for 5 minutes a side, turning once. When cooked through, remove the breasts to a warm platter and tent with foil. I keep this platter in a 180 degree oven to stay warm.

3. Pour off the oil from the sauté pan but leave all the tasty fond (brown bits). Get the pan hot again and add the wine (or/and the chicken stock if using. Cook stirring and scraping bottom of pan, until the wine and stock is reduced by half—approximately 1 minute. Whisk in mustard, heavy cream, and tarragon. Cook, whisking, until thickened—about 2 minutes.

4. Pour any accumulated chicken juices from the platter into the sauce and whisk in. Right before serving, spoon the cream sauce over the chicken.

*This is delicious with white rice and your favorite green vegetable. I made broccolini (blanched and shocked in ice water) then sautéed in EVOO, with finely minced onion, garlic, ginger, kosher salt, and red pepper flakes.

Enjoy!

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2022 3:36 PM

[quote] Without actually providing the specific recipe he used, OP is worse than H for starting this thread.

Beruhige dich, R2. Ein wenig Geduld würde Ihnen gut tun.

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2022 3:39 PM

I’m definitely going to try this dish, it looks very easy to make.

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2022 3:40 PM

[quote] I’m definitely going to try this dish, it looks very easy to make.

It is so easy, R5. And if you do your prep work ahead (and there is just a tiny amount of prep work), this can come together in 20 minutes or so. It has a delicious fresh taste from the tarragon. I made it with just two boneless chicken breasts but made the amount of sauce called for in this recipe and it was so good with the rice. Hope you like it!

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2022 3:44 PM

I am a bread queen, so I would have made fresh bread and skipped the rice, but sounds really good, Greg.

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2022 3:46 PM

Thank you, Greg. I love mustard and am looking for an easy recipe. My husband does all the cooking but I would like to make a meal for him for our anniversary. Can I use chicken thighs instead? He doesn’t care for white meat.

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2022 3:46 PM

[quote] I am a bread queen, so I would have made fresh bread and skipped the rice, but sounds really good, Greg.

That sounds good. You can serve the chicken with a green vegetable and also some warm bread. Yum!

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2022 3:48 PM

Our Doggy G of Prunes was attempting to get likes from the young people wit dat OP.

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2022 3:49 PM

This is basically the Martha Stewart recipe (she must have borrowed it from Greg) and it's quite good. I like it with sautéed spinach or mashed potatoes if I need a carb fix.

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2022 3:52 PM

[quote] Thank you, Greg. I love mustard and am looking for an easy recipe. My husband does all the cooking but I would like to make a meal for him for our anniversary. Can I use chicken thighs instead? He doesn’t care for white meat.

Yes, but they need to cook for a while to be good. Here's what I suggest:

Use chicken thighs with bone and skin. Sauté them (skin side down) on a lower temperature so that the fat has a chance to render (medium-low). After they get good and mahogany-colored, turn them over and cook just to get some color on the bottom. Now take their internal temperature. You want a temperature of 185 degrees. If it's close, put the chicken on a heated platter and put in the oven at 250 degrees while you make the pan-sauce. If it is not close, but they are sufficiently browned, put them on a baking sheet and place in a 350 degree oven and finish cooking just until they reach 185 degrees. Then pour any accumulated juices into your pan sauce right before serving.

I think your husband will love this!

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2022 3:57 PM

[quote] Our Doggy G of Prunes was attempting to get likes from the young people wit dat OP.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2022 3:59 PM

[quote] This is basically the Martha Stewart recipe (she must have borrowed it from Greg) and it's quite good. I like it with sautéed spinach or mashed potatoes if I need a carb fix.

Hey, R11—I couldn't recall where I first saw a recipe like this...Martha/Ina/Anne B. It's probably a combination of a few recipes I've tried. But anyway, I like it. It would be great with sautéed spinach.

by Anonymousreply 14November 22, 2022 4:00 PM

And some paper toweling

by Anonymousreply 15November 22, 2022 4:13 PM

much nicer combination than the cod,prunes and tomatoes, Greg!

by Anonymousreply 16November 22, 2022 4:36 PM

Greg's recipes always have me running for the toilet!!

It must be all the prunes.

by Anonymousreply 17November 22, 2022 4:36 PM

I’m going to try it tonight. Thanks Greg, I am so out of ideas, this is perfect.

by Anonymousreply 18November 22, 2022 6:20 PM

How was it, R18?

by Anonymousreply 19November 26, 2022 5:32 PM

This makes more sense than that faux risotto, Greg.

by Anonymousreply 20November 26, 2022 5:34 PM

[quote] This makes more sense than that faux risotto, Greg.

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

That faux risotto is made with the finest ingredients and releases the starch from the rice by steam rather than stirring. You should give it a try before you get mouthy.

by Anonymousreply 21November 26, 2022 5:45 PM

This recipe will give you diarrhea for days. Don't do it !

by Anonymousreply 22November 26, 2022 5:59 PM

[quote] This recipe will give you diarrhea for days. Don't do it !

R22 is right. But I happen to love diarrhea for days. At least for days.

by Anonymousreply 23November 26, 2022 6:14 PM

Greg always gives his dinner guests diarrhea.

by Anonymousreply 24November 26, 2022 6:19 PM

[quote] Greg always gives his dinner guests diarrhea.

I do. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

by Anonymousreply 25November 26, 2022 6:20 PM

So Greg's a sort of cult thing, isn't he?

I'm a newbie to Greg Threads and I'm going to try out this recipe, sounds so nice. There was a famous creamy chicken dish I grew up with and miss, but I can't remember its name...yes, I can Chicken A La King. This sounds close, enough.

by Anonymousreply 26November 26, 2022 6:30 PM

[quote] So Greg's a sort of cult thing, isn't he? I'm a newbie to Greg Threads and I'm going to try out this recipe, sounds so nice. There was a famous creamy chicken dish I grew up with and miss, but I can't remember its name...yes, I can Chicken A La King. This sounds close, enough.

Welcome, R26! Glad to meet you. This recipe is nice. It's also easy and doesn't take long to prepare. To be honest, however, it's nothing like chicken à la king. I hope you'll try this,

by Anonymousreply 27November 26, 2022 6:34 PM

Thank you, Greg, for another delicious recipe.

by Anonymousreply 28November 26, 2022 6:39 PM

What's chicken a la king?

by Anonymousreply 29November 26, 2022 7:49 PM

Greg,

It was great! Easy & really good, we both loved it. I used white vermouth, because that’s all I had and it was fine. I served it with fresh green beans & multi-colored carrots.

by Anonymousreply 30November 26, 2022 9:09 PM

Hi, Greg.

by Anonymousreply 31November 26, 2022 9:17 PM

Dried tarragon or paste will have to do. I never use up all the fresh store bought herbs.

by Anonymousreply 32November 26, 2022 9:23 PM

My brother Greg tries to get guests sick and then rush them to the hospital. #munchausen.

by Anonymousreply 33November 26, 2022 9:30 PM

[quote] Hi, Greg.

Hi, R31!

by Anonymousreply 34November 28, 2022 1:45 PM

[quote] My brother Greg tries to get guests sick and then rush them to the hospital. #munchausen.

How long did it take you to come up with that, R33? #stupid.

by Anonymousreply 35November 28, 2022 1:46 PM

[quote] Dried tarragon or paste will have to do. I never use up all the fresh store bought herbs.

That's fine, R32. If you use dried tarragon, just use 1 teaspoon of dried tarragon rather than 1 Tablespoon of fresh tarragon.

by Anonymousreply 36November 28, 2022 2:03 PM

Greg, how many times did you fuck your wife last week? Did you take it easy because Thanksgiving was so busy/you had so much cooking to do? Hope you're well!

by Anonymousreply 37November 28, 2022 2:20 PM

R37, Greg fucks her while he cooks! One fist in the bird, one fist in the chick!

by Anonymousreply 38November 28, 2022 2:51 PM

So Greg comes in here, posts extremely simple recipes and then basks in inexplicable obsession? I don’t get it …

by Anonymousreply 39November 28, 2022 3:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 28, 2022 3:28 PM

Greg is a hetero?!!! Surely not Greg, tell us more. It can't be.

by Anonymousreply 41November 28, 2022 3:30 PM

Greg is a hetero?!!! Surely not Greg, tell us more. It can't be.

by Anonymousreply 42November 28, 2022 3:31 PM

[quote] Greg, how many times did you fuck your wife last week? Did you take it easy because Thanksgiving was so busy/you had so much cooking to do? Hope you're well!

Such an obnoxious question.

And no, I did not "take it easy" because Thanksgiving was so busy. We have sex five or six times per week.

by Anonymousreply 43November 28, 2022 7:26 PM

[quote] So Greg comes in here, posts extremely simple recipes and then basks in inexplicable obsession? I don’t get it …

What's not to get, R39? If I post complicated recipes, people are critical. If I post easy recipes, people are critical. So, I just post what I like and then just bask in the responses by those who are inexplicably obsessed.

Tell us what you don't get. Perhaps you don't get why there are so many hateful and unkind people out here who seem breathless to tell me why my way of roasting a chicken or braising a pork shoulder is terrible?

People are obsessed with me because they recognize that I am confident and don't care about their churlish comments. I enjoy seeing how low people out here will sink when their own sense of worthiness is called into question.

by Anonymousreply 44November 28, 2022 7:33 PM

Go Greg, Go Greg, Go Greg!

by Anonymousreply 45November 28, 2022 7:44 PM

Go Away Greg, Go Away Greg, Go Away Greg!

FIFY, R45

by Anonymousreply 46November 28, 2022 7:46 PM

[quote] So Greg comes in here, posts extremely simple recipes and then basks in inexplicable obsession? I don’t get it …

I do. I love simple recipes. Thanks Greg!

by Anonymousreply 47November 28, 2022 7:49 PM

R46: perfect example of what I described.

by Anonymousreply 48November 28, 2022 7:49 PM

You're welcome, R47!

by Anonymousreply 49November 28, 2022 7:50 PM

This sounds good, going to try it.

by Anonymousreply 50November 28, 2022 7:51 PM

[quote] This sounds good, going to try it.

Thanks, R50. It is really good and I think you'll like it!

by Anonymousreply 51November 28, 2022 7:52 PM

How to make your own mustard sauce Greg? I have some mustard seeds lying around.

by Anonymousreply 52November 28, 2022 8:26 PM

That sounds delicious! I'm a mustard fan...love it in salad dressings and use dried mustard as seasoning. I'll have to try this.

by Anonymousreply 53November 28, 2022 9:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!