Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ann Turkel rewrites history

Still lovely, of course. Posting for DL fans who may not have seen this article. Gorgeous, cool and iconic second wife of Richard Harris states big whoppers within, like:

1) I never thought I was attractive (COME ON!! Lie!) 2) I never drank or did drugs (Uh..huh) 3) I loved Richard even though he regularly was insane drunk and tried to kill me by accidently stepping on my peignoir (murder by stealth)

I can't help but love her though. DM article posted below.

by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2022 2:38 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2022 4:36 AM

Posted before but such a great clusterfuck of Johnny Carson. His interview with Ann, with Richard Harris in the wings, turns into Johnny leaving the stage and Harris taking over. You don't see TV like this anymore kids!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2022 4:40 AM

Ann is in no way on the coke in the interview, BTW...LOL.

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2022 4:42 AM

She mentions the butterfly necklace in the DM article. It's sweet.

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2022 4:44 AM

Peppard...who wheeled him out for this?

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2022 4:48 AM

Ann was very photogenic.

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2022 4:50 AM

Reminds me of Oliver Reed and Richard Burton who were also out-of-control drunks..

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2022 5:07 AM

[quote]Ann was very photogenic.

Of course Ann was photogenic, she was a former model.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2022 5:08 AM

Now she looks like Jill Zarin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2022 5:16 AM

[quote]Now she looks like Jill Zarin.

Ann doesn't look too bad there, years ago, her plastic surgery didn't look very good, her face seems to have settled.

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2022 5:35 AM

Ann was one of the worst actresses ever and her performances the most wooden committed to the screen.

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2022 5:38 AM

[quote]Ann was one of the worst actresses ever and her performances the most wooden committed to the screen.

Most people know Ann as a famous model, not as an actress. As a person working in fashion advertising, I'm aware of most famous fashion models, past and present.

Years ago, Ann was an extremely well-known model, she was always in VOGUE magazine and on several of their covers.

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2022 5:59 AM

I guess her modeling career was before my time because I was only aware of her (as a kid) in crappy movies like Ravagers and Humanoids of the Deep. I do know she was a model, but I have no memory of her fame as one. I know she was married to Richard Harris, but unlike Trish Van Devere, who mostly got her roles through her marriage to George C. Scott but who could actually act, even Harris had trouble getting Turkel hired, she was that bad.

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2022 6:14 AM

Ann was a famous model yet per article she never thought she was attractive. Oh DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 14November 22, 2022 7:52 AM

Harris obviously had his charms but who could live with that mess? Put him, O'Toole and Burton on and island with or without liquor and it's a bloodbath either way.

by Anonymousreply 15November 22, 2022 7:59 AM

"Best friend Alana Stewart"

by Anonymousreply 16November 22, 2022 9:07 AM

Marisa Berenson, Ann Turkel and Barbara Carrera, they were all famous well-known models, who somehow drifted into acting.

IIRC, Barbara was a Bond Girl.

None of these women were any great shakes in the acting department, but all were amazing models. They sure weren't the ugly plastic surgery messes the public has to look at today, like those horrible Hadid sisters.

Bella Hadid has such a punchable smug face. I don't understand how she gets so much work, she's revolting. Bella gets hired for so many high end brand ad campaigns, it's mind boggling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2022 2:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!