Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

There's been a mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Colorado Springs at a club called Club Q.

Not a lot of information out about the extent of people injured. Hopefully no one was killed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 604November 20, 2022 10:58 PM

You sound excited OP.

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2022 8:30 AM

OP = the ghost of Omar Mateen

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2022 8:33 AM

Do I sound excited? I don't mean to sound excited. I genuinely hope no one was killed.

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2022 8:33 AM

R3, ignore r1. This does sound very bad.

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2022 8:36 AM

😢 .

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2022 8:42 AM

Video clips of police cars & ambulances arriving:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2022 8:45 AM

Bystanders reporting that 10-12 people may have been injured (or worse).

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2022 8:47 AM

Brian Sherrod of kktv11news says Colorado Springs Police should be providing an update in a few minutes:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2022 8:54 AM

Thanks r8

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2022 8:59 AM

5 people are dead, 18 injured according to the police.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2022 9:00 AM

And the shooter(s) is/was???

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2022 9:02 AM

This is all to familiar. Hope it wasn't a muslim like here in Norway. Knowing USA and the gun problem the shooter could be anyone.

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2022 9:06 AM

[quote]Colorado Springs Police first got the call around 11:57pm for a an active shooter at Club Q. Again, they confirmed five dead and 18 injured. They are taken to local hospitals. The gunman was injured in this. Not sure if by police or civilian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2022 9:09 AM

Every time Colorado Springs is mentioned on the Datalounge, someone calls it a "conservative shithole".

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2022 9:14 AM

Video clip of Lt. Pamela Castro briefing the media:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2022 9:25 AM

I hope Shane and Ryland are ok.

by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2022 9:30 AM

Horrific. America really really must do something about its gun control problem. This will never stop otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 17November 20, 2022 9:30 AM

I’m placing my bet that the shooter was a gay man who was ignored by the gay community: didn’t fit in, couldn’t get a date and was fat, fem or Asian.

by Anonymousreply 18November 20, 2022 9:33 AM

How this story is being spun by the various local/international media is fascinating. The basic story is chopped and changed depending on the medium's agenda, with some playing up the "transgender" angle, mentioning "Transgender Day of Remembrance", while others ignore it. One medium characterized the event as an "attack against the transgender community".

by Anonymousreply 19November 20, 2022 9:55 AM

R19 funny how transgender people are often seen as more important than gay people now.

by Anonymousreply 20November 20, 2022 9:58 AM

massacre

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 20, 2022 10:03 AM

Sounds like the patrons stopped it from being worse. They subdued the attacker.

by Anonymousreply 22November 20, 2022 10:04 AM

R17, sadly, Americans love their guns more than they love themselves, and more than they love their own children, families, communities they live in, and much more their fellow Americans.

Perhaps with 2 to 3 generations, we will see a change, but it isn’t happening for now.

by Anonymousreply 23November 20, 2022 10:04 AM

R20 That's where the visibility, power and most importantly MONEY is. Expect gay organizations/media to focus mainly on the "trans" angle as well.

by Anonymousreply 24November 20, 2022 10:05 AM

Oh I thought this was a gay club. After reading r19, I saw NYT, WaPo, etc. reporting it as LGBTQ club. From its fb page, almost every (other) event seems drag. Ok, nothing wrong but I don't think it's the kind of venue where "a gay man who was ignored by the gay community: didn’t fit in, couldn’t get a date and was fat, fem or Asian" would like to hang out, let alone shoot.

by Anonymousreply 25November 20, 2022 10:09 AM

Colorado Springs is the birthplace of Evangelicalism. It could have been Al Queda or Y'all Queda.

by Anonymousreply 26November 20, 2022 10:09 AM

Monstrous. All too familiar gun violence in America. Next month it will be at a child's Christmas parade, etc. We must stop this insanity! :-/

by Anonymousreply 27November 20, 2022 10:11 AM

Almost 20 posts in before this became a TRANS thread. Not bad, all things considered.

by Anonymousreply 28November 20, 2022 10:13 AM

[quote]You sound excited OP.

R1, STFU.

by Anonymousreply 29November 20, 2022 10:24 AM

Is this a drag club? If you check their FB all you see is ads for Drag Nights. Not a single shirtless hot guy like you normally see in ads.

by Anonymousreply 30November 20, 2022 10:27 AM

Blue state governors and mayors are at fault for crime, remember?

This despite them being against the laws that allow any psychopath from getting their hands on guns.

by Anonymousreply 31November 20, 2022 10:28 AM

Fucking horrible and revolting. America, where the only "lives" that matter are that of firearms and billionaires.

RIP to the humans who lost their lives in that club, comfort sent to the wounded, and may the ones who lost loved ones find the strength to endure without them.

by Anonymousreply 32November 20, 2022 10:29 AM

R25 What's the difference between a gay club and a LGBT club?

by Anonymousreply 33November 20, 2022 10:30 AM

[quote]RIP to the humans who lost their lives in that club....

R32, "to the humans"???

by Anonymousreply 34November 20, 2022 10:32 AM

Isn't it funny how the media and corporate America have made calling gay pride LGBTQ+ a thing where the word gay is considered rude and out of touch but when something like this happens it's a GAY bar? A GAY BAR SHOOTING! There's an f-ing Q in the bars name even. Odder still, almost every video and add has anything but gay men in it. Lots, and lots of drag, trans and lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 35November 20, 2022 10:38 AM

Everyone was arguing if the dead were gay, trans, ect R34. I don't know their genders, pronouns, their attractions, their loves and I am not going to separate them up or guess. I do know that they were are all humans, who did not deserve to die. That's all that was meant by that.

by Anonymousreply 36November 20, 2022 10:39 AM

Some of you need to go to bed and get some rest. "It's too soon" to be screeching about the media coverage when the dead bodies are still scattered on the floor in pools of blood.

by Anonymousreply 37November 20, 2022 10:42 AM

This is barely getting headlines. Mass shootings are no longer noteworthy. They have become routine. Where was it this time? How many dead? The shooter was a crazy loner? Oh well…..

by Anonymousreply 38November 20, 2022 10:42 AM

So, sadly, just another mass shooting in the USA. In other breaking news, water is wet.

by Anonymousreply 39November 20, 2022 10:47 AM

Only the truly horrific ones seem to get much mileage these days, r38. Eg, Las Vegas, Uvalde, etc

by Anonymousreply 40November 20, 2022 10:49 AM

Seething anger + mindless violence + guns = America. Yesterday, today, always.

by Anonymousreply 41November 20, 2022 10:49 AM

The 4 white college girls that got murdered is getting a lot more coverage. Non-stop on some channels. Because they are well, white, straight women.

by Anonymousreply 42November 20, 2022 10:50 AM

R42 How do you know they were straight?

by Anonymousreply 43November 20, 2022 10:51 AM

Lauren Boebert the gun nut Congress MAGA whore will say something completely fucked up about this in 3, 2, 1.....

by Anonymousreply 44November 20, 2022 10:52 AM

So sorry.

And isn't there a gay bath called Buddies next door or attached?

by Anonymousreply 45November 20, 2022 10:53 AM

[quote]How do you know they were straight?

They were last seen at a straight bar before heading to a food truck. Chances hare they were not a band of lesbians. Plus there's lots of photos of them with former boyfriends.

by Anonymousreply 46November 20, 2022 10:54 AM

R42, I think the two blonde girls were dating.

Childhood sweethearts, etc.

by Anonymousreply 47November 20, 2022 10:54 AM

[quote] This is barely getting headlines.

It's being covered as far as India.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 20, 2022 10:58 AM

R42 You are so full of shit, this shooting just happened so of course it's not going to be in the news as much as the shooting that happened a few days ago. And colleges/schools shooting always get more media coverage than other types of shootings. The Orlando shootings made the news all around the world. So you are just trying to create some non existing drama.

Plus, weren't the victims three girls and a guy?

by Anonymousreply 49November 20, 2022 11:00 AM

Multiple gunshots are old news, the hot trendy mass killers use knives and get the media attention they demand!

by Anonymousreply 50November 20, 2022 11:03 AM

I bet this is related to the anti-drag hysteria being fed by the GOP, Libsoftiktok, etc. If so, I hope our side exploit the fuck out of it, because the endgame was always obvious.

by Anonymousreply 51November 20, 2022 11:05 AM

R51 If so thank god it didn’t take place at a library with children all around.

by Anonymousreply 52November 20, 2022 11:11 AM

R36 You don't get it. Your post just proves the problem. The people at that club were GAY MEN. They were shot because they were gay, as in men attracted to other men. Gay men were shot because of who they love and have sex with. Trans, Qs and other non-binaries need to get the fuck out. This has nothing to do with them. And the media need to stop indulging them. This was a GAY hate crime, not queer.

by Anonymousreply 53November 20, 2022 11:14 AM

I’m pretty sure the Q in Club Q stands for Queer, I wouldn’t get all bent out of shape for how the word Gay is used here. Anyone going into this club obviously had no problem with the word Queer. Don’t bring your own biases into this.

by Anonymousreply 54November 20, 2022 11:18 AM

R54 Fuck off. You are part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 55November 20, 2022 11:20 AM

[quote]I bet this is related to the anti-drag hysteria being fed by the GOP, Libsoftiktok, etc.

There was a drag show earlier in the night, and there was supposed to be an all-ages drag brunch today.

[quote]Tonight we’ve got double trouble! Del Lusional is taking the stage with a punk and alternative show at 9pm! Then immediately following that we have a dance party celebrating our very own Potted Plant’s birthday! Let’s fight the cold with some dirty dancing and drinks! Dj T BEATZ goes on at 11pm! And don’t forget tomorrow at Noon kicks off another fantastic ALL AGES BRUNCH! Well have bottomless mimosas and bloody Mary’s til 3pm! Reserve your table now at www.clubqonline.com

[quote]Let’s prep for a fantastic Sunday Funday! Doors open at 11am for our noon ALL AGES DRAG BRUNCH!!! Join us for a fantastic drink special and even more amazing drag show! Then stick around for an all stars cast of our freshest faces! We’re celebrating Transgender Day of Remembrance with a variety of gender identities and performance styles! Show starts at 8pm!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56November 20, 2022 11:24 AM

R55 - so what does the Q in Club Q stand for?

by Anonymousreply 57November 20, 2022 11:25 AM

Isn’t this where that former football player who used to give away roses on some TV show and then came out lives?

by Anonymousreply 58November 20, 2022 11:35 AM

My head hurts just reading this thread.

by Anonymousreply 59November 20, 2022 11:37 AM

[quote]I’m pretty sure the Q in Club Q stands for Queer, I wouldn’t get all bent out of shape for how the word Gay is used here. Anyone going into this club obviously had no problem with the word Queer. Don’t bring your own biases into this.

You are correct R54, and for people screaming "TRANS", the club has been there at least 15 years from what I can recall (way before trans was "in vogue" It is the only gay bar in Colorado Springs I am aware of.

Yes R45, there is a bathhouse next door (same building just different entrances).

[quote]and there was supposed to be an all-ages drag brunch today

They mean all ages as in don't have to be 21+. They don't mean bring your kids (though you could I guess).

by Anonymousreply 60November 20, 2022 11:44 AM

The suspect has been arrested so we'll know eventually what the motive was, but with all the rhetoric from the rightwingers about how drag = gay = trans = pedo, and a drag show and all-ages show scheduled at the bar for today, I'm suspecting we'll find a connection between those two things.

Unless this turns into another Pulse Nightclub situation where we're all told that he just accidentally coincidentally went into a gay bar without a single bad thought for gay people ever and did a massacre and how dare you say it was an anti-gay crime. Hopefully that won't happen a second time, but shit's weird these days, who knows.

by Anonymousreply 61November 20, 2022 11:46 AM

Why have most gay bars all turned into Drag bars over the years? This bar could be Hamburger Mary's in LA if the name was not known. The last time I went to one of these "gay" bars it was a drag show full of talent-less RuPaul rejects and about 90% of the audience looked like straight woman who dragged their husbands there. You bring that many straight people into a gay bar something bad is bound to happen.

by Anonymousreply 62November 20, 2022 11:48 AM

[quote] rightwingers about how drag = gay = trans = pedo,

I can't imagine a sensible parent who would expose their child to a drag show. I also wonder about adults who find exposing children to drag shows "acceptable adult behavior".

by Anonymousreply 63November 20, 2022 11:50 AM

David is your gun loaded. I'm scared.

by Anonymousreply 64November 20, 2022 11:51 AM

To those who defend the Q/trans agenda. Please fuck off. I will block everyone of you. This was a GAY HATE CRIME. Gay men were the target.

by Anonymousreply 65November 20, 2022 11:52 AM

r63 That's because you're part of the large contingent of closet Republicans spreading homophobia on Datalounge everyday, you shameless cunt.

by Anonymousreply 66November 20, 2022 11:53 AM

[quote]To those who defend the Q/trans agenda. Please fuck off. I will block everyone of you.

Nobody gives a shit who you block. And what even is this "Q/trans" agenda thing? Are you talking about Q loons and their weird anti-trans agenda? Because you sound like a Q loon yourself, so this is very confusing to me.

by Anonymousreply 67November 20, 2022 11:55 AM

r65 Give it a rest, Matt Anscher. Why can't you just post your viewpoint once and get it out of your system? Why ruin every thread with this obsessive repetition of the same idea again and again?

by Anonymousreply 68November 20, 2022 11:55 AM

From CNN

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69November 20, 2022 11:56 AM

America has a fun problem, that’s true. America also has a problem called the Republican Party, They’ve been ratcheting up the hate towards us for the past couple of years to the extent that things like this are inevitable. Calling us “groomers” out to convert or molest their children sets off some in their ignorant base. The vilification of drag queens, of all things, is making unhinged heads explode. In an attack like this I don’t think arguing over whether it was trans or gays is important. This is the intersection of hate rhetoric and gun culture. GOP - this is on you.

by Anonymousreply 70November 20, 2022 11:58 AM

R53, the shooting happened at a night that the club had dedicated to Transgender Remembrance Day and the promotional poster indicated that the performers that night would include many different gender identities. I don’t know who the victims were but I believe in this context they were not only gay men.

The same promotional poster for the 8 pm adult event also mentioned a G rated show that was happening at midday and open to the general public. It’s possible that the promotional material for the midday show contributed to the violence because they used the phrase “all ages” to promote it. And it has become a hot button political issue to make it a crime to bring kids to drag shows, even ones specifically meant to be G rated.

by Anonymousreply 71November 20, 2022 12:00 PM

Someone shot up Club Q, called "Q" for "queer," on a night with a drag performance and the day before an all-ages show.

Rightwing nutjobs have gone out of their way to equate trans and drag and gay and pedos, saying that gays shouldn't be allowed to teach because they're pedo groomers just like trans are, that gay drag queens are trans pedos who are grooming kids in libraries, etc. They also try to divide us by saying that the use of the word "queer" is homophobic and, just like the troll on this thread, believe the "queer agenda" and the "trans agenda" are exactly the same.

So let's just stop pretending like the shooter in this case couldn't possibly be a psychopath who believes that they were taking out members of the "Q/trans agenda," just like our very own troll in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 72November 20, 2022 12:00 PM

[quote] That's because you're part of the large contingent of closet Republicans spreading homophobia on Datalounge

R66 You really need to look up what the word "homophobia" means. Hint: It has zip to do with exposing children to drag shows.

by Anonymousreply 73November 20, 2022 12:01 PM

[quote]America has a fun problem, that’s true.

It IS fun!

by Anonymousreply 74November 20, 2022 12:01 PM

The Qs on both sides are terrible

by Anonymousreply 75November 20, 2022 12:01 PM

Q for Quazy!

by Anonymousreply 76November 20, 2022 12:03 PM

[Quote]In 2011, the FBI reported 1,572 hate crime victims targeted based on a sexual orientation bias, making up 20.4% of the total hate crimes for that year. Of the total victims, 56.7% were targeted based on anti-male homosexual bias, 29.6% were targeted based on anti-homosexual bias, and 11.1% were targeted based on anti-female homosexual bias.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77November 20, 2022 12:04 PM

Sorry for the unfortunate typo. I should have caught that.

by Anonymousreply 78November 20, 2022 12:04 PM

r75 Q is an exclusively right-wing phenomenon, troll. It was created as a pro-Trump online movement based in anti-Democratic Party conspiracy theories.

by Anonymousreply 79November 20, 2022 12:05 PM

Thank you to all who defend the queer/trannies on this thread. I'm blocking each and every one of you. It takes some fucking balls to shift the focus to the trannies on a thread about a GAY HATE CRIME. It's almost like you support trannies more than gay men. Fucking shameful.

by Anonymousreply 80November 20, 2022 12:06 PM

r75 thinks massacres are okay as long as gays who use the word "queer" are murdered.

He also got so pissy in the Idaho murders threads after making dumb jokes that fell flat, that he complained about posts that had links to actual news articles in them. He doesn't make a lot of sense. I get that he thinks he's being edgy and/or funny but he's just kind of stupid.

by Anonymousreply 81November 20, 2022 12:07 PM

"Trans" is an exclusively "right-wing phenomenon". Being shoveled as "liberal" and "progressive".

by Anonymousreply 82November 20, 2022 12:07 PM

[Quote]funny how transgender people are often seen as more important than gay people now.

This. If it had been an attack on a trans bar and trannies had been killed you would bet your ass it would be all over the news, but because it's a gay club with gay male patrons people don't care. Gay men are on the bottom of the oppression totem pole. Sad but true.

by Anonymousreply 83November 20, 2022 12:10 PM

r82 = Republican Nazi troll. It's dying that we waste time refuting his every brain fart and not discussing the role that GOP rhetoric this year likely played in this massacre.

by Anonymousreply 84November 20, 2022 12:10 PM

Homosexuality confuses heteros, but Transgenderism doesn't, so of course they'll fawn all over it.

by Anonymousreply 85November 20, 2022 12:11 PM

As with other mass shootings, until the perp is known and identified, there are people who are way over invested in ideological conflicts, who are hoping that the perp is a member of a group they oppose so they can score a "moral victory" for their side of the conflict.

by Anonymousreply 86November 20, 2022 12:11 PM

F&F R12

by Anonymousreply 87November 20, 2022 12:12 PM

Just tragic.

by Anonymousreply 88November 20, 2022 12:14 PM

R58 Awwww...he sounds like Ferdinand the Bull.

by Anonymousreply 89November 20, 2022 12:14 PM

This is accurate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90November 20, 2022 12:14 PM

R84 Yes, I understand it's far easier to spew childish pejoratives than to engage your one functioning brain cell and THINK about the assertion at R82.

by Anonymousreply 91November 20, 2022 12:14 PM

This is Datalounge, there's no benefit in lying for a "moral victory" here, r86. You're projecting a hell of a lot on those of us who are simply speaking the truth: that hate speech has caused mass shootings before, and very well could have caused one this time, too.

by Anonymousreply 92November 20, 2022 12:15 PM

If its taking so much tome to reveal info on the killer I feel this might be much more complicated than just a white male christian straight cobservative perp. Just sayin....

by Anonymousreply 93November 20, 2022 12:17 PM

R62 Possibly because gay bars are losing money due to online apps and seeking a way to stay viable?

by Anonymousreply 94November 20, 2022 12:18 PM

R90 Funny, the GOP didn't mind voting heavily for Muslim Dr. Oz though.

by Anonymousreply 95November 20, 2022 12:18 PM

You're drunk and stupid r93.

by Anonymousreply 96November 20, 2022 12:18 PM

r93 Every time your kind says this, and every time you turn out to be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 97November 20, 2022 12:18 PM

WTF are you talking about R81? You're unhinged. Did your wound Dehist?

by Anonymousreply 98November 20, 2022 12:19 PM

When this turns out to be a hate crime, r86 will simply not log in with that particular sock puppet account for a few days.

by Anonymousreply 99November 20, 2022 12:20 PM

This is terrible

by Anonymousreply 100November 20, 2022 12:20 PM

R83 people are just waking up. Give it time.

by Anonymousreply 101November 20, 2022 12:20 PM

Again, r98/r75 makes it clear that he has no problem with hate crimes, as long as they're committed against the people he personally hates.

I love that Datalounge is full of people like him. It's great. I see no way this could go wrong.

Anyway totally unrelated but remember when the guy who committed the mass shooting in Boston had a manifesto with "drop the T" rhetoric that sounded exactly like what was posted here on DL?

by Anonymousreply 102November 20, 2022 12:22 PM

I hope Muriel will take action against the people ruining this thread - we can't even discuss an anti-gay hate crime without Repigs and anti-drag loons trolling every moment to create distractions about the debate that needs to be had about right-wing extremism.

by Anonymousreply 103November 20, 2022 12:22 PM

Because this mass-shooting coincides with Transgender Day of Remembrance, the FBI will most-likely classify this as "Anti-Trans Hate" — NOT "Anti-Gay Hate."

But the efforts of the gay community and the work on behalf of Matthew Shepard's murder enshrined these classifications.

This is most likely Anti-Trans motivated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104November 20, 2022 12:23 PM

How will the SVU rippled from headlines version of this play out:

Location of bar changed to Nevada from CO, to protect the innocent. Suspected white supremacist shoots up gay club. Perp allowed to board domestic flight to NYC after shooting because of TSA boo boo. Finn disses Homeland Security after phone call ends.

Benson butts heads with Feds in turf war because Feds want to handle case. Finally compromise is reached where federal agent assigned to shadow SVU because perp is looking to attack a new LGTBTQ club in NYC. While tense at first, Benson develops grudging respect for the male agent. Amanda faints during foot chase of perp and Carisi tells her that she should really consider another career. Muncie takes down perp single-handedly. But after the perp in custody last minute news that Feds are giving him immunity to flip on higher ups in the White Supremacisit org. Benson and Federal agent commiserate over drinks at bar...and then share a brief kiss.

by Anonymousreply 105November 20, 2022 12:24 PM

[quote]Every time Colorado Springs is mentioned on the Datalounge, someone calls it a "conservative shithole".

Because it IS, R14.

Why are you so offended?

by Anonymousreply 106November 20, 2022 12:25 PM

[quote] Multiple gunshots are old news, the hot trendy mass killers use knives and get the media attention they demand!

I'm grimly laughing, r50.

You're remark here so accurately captures how obscene the USA is with its disregard to gun violence and accessibility to guns, and with all violence, no matter what weapon is sued to perpetrate it.

During the immediate aftermath of Sandy Hook, I nursed hope. "This is it", I thought. "Finally, we'll place the 2nd Amendment in its proper perspective. Still, it's just like this damn country that it took the deaths of these schoolchildren to motivate it".

Nope.

Since then, I've conditioned myself, internalized the reality, that I could be, at any moment, even while sitting in my home even though I have no firearms under my roof, killed or maimed by bullets.

I have only one wish - Finish me off. I have no desire to so-called "survive" with debilitating, incapacitating bullet wounds.

Profits-making by guns manufacturers wins. I've surrendered.

by Anonymousreply 107November 20, 2022 12:30 PM

What does “rippled from the headlines” mean”?

by Anonymousreply 108November 20, 2022 12:31 PM

R63, there can be G rated versions of almost anything. Cinderella has a romance story; it’s not pornography.

A G rated show that includes drag is not pornography either.

There has been a political push to show drag itself as evil.

by Anonymousreply 109November 20, 2022 12:32 PM

Can we perhaps wait until we know anything more than the absolute basics before we get into a mudfight about this? Ffs

by Anonymousreply 110November 20, 2022 12:33 PM

It’s almost like someone wanted *something* to actually remember on Transgender Day of Remembrance.

by Anonymousreply 111November 20, 2022 12:34 PM

Eat shit and die you fucking stick up your ass priss cunt FUCK R63.

by Anonymousreply 112November 20, 2022 12:35 PM

Horrible horrible news to wake up to. Sometimes I truly hate my fellow humans.

by Anonymousreply 113November 20, 2022 12:35 PM

Who goes to gay bars anymore? Isn't that what Grindr and Scruff are for?

by Anonymousreply 114November 20, 2022 12:36 PM

^Mostly they go for drag shows, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 115November 20, 2022 12:37 PM

Is the Hide and Seek bar still open in Colo Spgs (gay bar active in the late 70s) Thx in advance

by Anonymousreply 116November 20, 2022 12:37 PM

It could very well be a hate crime, as signs points to that based on setting of the shooting and political rhetoric against the LGBTQ+ communities. But until we learn more about who the killer is, it's just speculation, and there seems to be a whiff in this speculation of "I hope it's a Republican so that way I can score points in arguing with people on Datalounge/social media". And of course right wingers are hoping the perpetrator will be Muslim, or Black,or a member of the LGBTQ+ community because if that were the case, then their ideological enemy combatants will shut up and they can use their sudden sllence against them in their ongoing war. And so it goes. It's tedious.

But on the off chance it's not a hate crime (for instance,maybe it was a recently fired employee who decided to shoot up the place to get revenge for being let go) against gay men and/or transgenders and/or drag queens and/or LGBTQ+, etc, then what? Will you be disappointed that the perp wasn't your on line ideological enemy combatant? And same question for right wingers who are hoping that the perpetrator is a member of one of the groups they regard as an enemy to their tribe? Will you be disappointed? Or will you make excuses or find evidence that in 2011 they tweeted something vaguely pro Obama so you can dismiss them as a liberal, or just state the whole incident was a false flag operation with crisis actors and it's all a fake conspiracy to make your tribe look bad?

by Anonymousreply 117November 20, 2022 12:37 PM

[quote]The club was hosting a drag show on Saturday night compered by a local drag artist called Delusion Al, who tweeted after the shooting: “I never thought this would happen to me and my bar. I don’t know what to do with myself. I can’t stop hearing the shots. Walking through the bar that I call my home and seeing it…… like that... I hate this so much. I hate this so fucking much.”

Wow. Very sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118November 20, 2022 12:37 PM

r110, answer this honestly, please: you're on a gay board, and there's been a mass murder at a gay bar. Why would you tell people that it's premature to suspect the shooting was deliberately at a gay bar?

by Anonymousreply 119November 20, 2022 12:38 PM

R109 Which has absolutely nothing to do with exposing children to situations they are not able to handle mentally/emotionally. It's not pornography or evil, it's COMMON SENSE.

by Anonymousreply 120November 20, 2022 12:40 PM

[quote]"I hope it's a Republican so that way I can score points in arguing with people on Datalounge/social media".

Again, you're projecting, r117.

Your argument only makes sense if we didn't already have an absolute flood of homophobic and rightwing hate crimes to reference, if we so wanted to.

The final sentences of your post make it clear that you've already started the rightwing conspiracy theory talking points. You're already accusing people of taking a single tweet out of context and blaming this poor innocent mass murderer unfairly of being a rightwinger.

by Anonymousreply 121November 20, 2022 12:41 PM

You are a ridiculous person, r120

by Anonymousreply 122November 20, 2022 12:41 PM

This makes me sick. I'm so tired of this. These mass shootings are so common now and are treated as such in the news. There are shootings that aren't even reported, maybe locally. What's the threshold of deaths now to be newsworthy and horrifying?....3, 5 or more? Another day in violent America.

by Anonymousreply 123November 20, 2022 12:44 PM

Cunt Fuck R86/R117 tries too hard to defend hatred.

Why are you on this thread? Eat shit and die Cunt FUCK R86/R117.

by Anonymousreply 124November 20, 2022 12:45 PM

FWIW, The NYT is referring to it as an "L.G.B.T.Q. Nightclub" not a "gay bar."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125November 20, 2022 12:46 PM

Colorado Springs is next to the US Air Force Academy. Both of them are high density for Evangelical Right Wing LGBT hate. Remember that only white men should be pilots.

by Anonymousreply 126November 20, 2022 12:47 PM

Colorado Springs is very very right wing. It's also home to Focus on the Family.

It's a very charming little town, and obviously some sane people live there, but they are dwarfed by the kind of right wing loons that would pull a stunt like this.

by Anonymousreply 127November 20, 2022 12:49 PM

Shakespeare in it’s early time had drag as well as most early theater. Vaudeville had extensive drag. Early film utilized drag and continues to from Tony Curtis to Dustin Hoffman to Patrick Swyazee. TV had extensive drag with Milton Berle, Flip Wilson, Monty Python, Kids in the Hall, beloved national treasure Tom Hanks, and more. Why the fuck are people now so scared of drag, it’s been embedded in Western culture and some Eastern Cultures for over 500 plus years?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128November 20, 2022 12:49 PM

R122 = Kidless

by Anonymousreply 129November 20, 2022 12:49 PM

No R116 it has been closed for years. It was open when I was in high school (90's) so it must have had a good, long run.

by Anonymousreply 130November 20, 2022 12:50 PM

Not now R105. Too soon, too soon!

by Anonymousreply 131November 20, 2022 12:51 PM

A friend in Denver told me it’s terrifying how many people there have guns. And Denver is more liberal than Colorado Springs.

This could happen anywhere in the US at this point though. So awful.

RIP.

by Anonymousreply 132November 20, 2022 12:52 PM

What’s up with the NYTimes style code still needing periods after each letter in LGBTQ, who does that anymore?

by Anonymousreply 133November 20, 2022 12:52 PM

[QUOTE] t's a very charming little town, and obviously some sane people live there, but they are dwarfed by the kind of right wing loons that would pull a stunt like this.

No, there was one person "who would pull a stunt like this". And we don't even know if they are from Colorado Springs.

by Anonymousreply 134November 20, 2022 12:53 PM

R119

My point is not so much about whether it was a hate crime or not, but whether the target was mainly gay men or trans people, whether the perpetrator was MAGA or Islamist/Farrakhanite, and so on

by Anonymousreply 135November 20, 2022 12:54 PM

[quote] And Denver is more liberal than Colorado Springs.

Deepest Alabama is more liberal than Colorado Springs.

by Anonymousreply 136November 20, 2022 12:56 PM

R129 No shit, this is a gay forum, most people here are kidless. Go back to whatever Frauhole Mumsnet forum you crawled out of, hateful breeder.

by Anonymousreply 137November 20, 2022 12:59 PM

Were any MTFs murdered or shot at the club?

by Anonymousreply 138November 20, 2022 1:03 PM

r90, nowhere on that chart does it list gay men, lesbians, or bisexuals. And then there are gay men of color, Jewish lesbians, etc. So TOTAL FAIL.

by Anonymousreply 139November 20, 2022 1:11 PM

Madame X got it right in 2019.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140November 20, 2022 1:13 PM

[quote] That's because you're part of the large contingent of closet Republicans spreading homophobia on Datalounge everyday, you shameless cunt.

Large contingent lol. It’s one person with a LOT of free time on his hands.

by Anonymousreply 141November 20, 2022 1:22 PM

R109, any show where the main costuming focus is 'hide the dick and make sure the fake tits are propped up' is not Cinderalla comparable.

And, who knew there were gay male incel MRAs. To the idiot going on and on about this being an attack on gay males, maybe you should wait until you see who did it and who died before opening your big fat yap.

by Anonymousreply 142November 20, 2022 1:24 PM

The entire state of colorado has become a shithole , ask the old time residents there.

by Anonymousreply 143November 20, 2022 1:28 PM

Wikipedia has all the details on the U.S. Congressman, Doug Lamborn, who has represented CO-District 5 for a decade an half. No surprise: a racist; homophobic; climate change, COVID, and 2020 Election-denying pig.

Co Spgs is filled with tens of thousands of Deplorables, who consistently vote him in office, who won't be grieving at this massacre.

by Anonymousreply 144November 20, 2022 1:32 PM

When I first clicked on r21 and r69's CNN link, it referred to a gay nightclub, as can still be seen in the URL. The TQ+ hall monitor moderators must have started their shift since the article was first posted and and demanded that the article be edited to erase the gay away and replace it with the only permissible "LGBTQ".

by Anonymousreply 145November 20, 2022 1:35 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146November 20, 2022 1:35 PM

No news organization would call something a gay nightclub these days, their guidebooks would tell them to label it LGBTQ

by Anonymousreply 147November 20, 2022 1:36 PM

R120, it was a musical drag brunch. Like a dinner theater or a Broadway play. And some news articles have mentioned that it was done with a sniper rifle, which makes it seem like a premeditated hate crime. How could someone think that seeing a musical drag brunch specifically meant to be family friendly is something that kids can’t handle but mass murder is something kids can handle?

by Anonymousreply 148November 20, 2022 1:38 PM

[quote] FWIW, The NYT is referring to it as an "L.G.B.T.Q. Nightclub" not a "gay bar."

Chase Strangio making a call to the NY Times editor.

by Anonymousreply 149November 20, 2022 1:40 PM

The media needs to address the real crimes here: Were any Trannies misgendered, and how many??

by Anonymousreply 150November 20, 2022 1:41 PM

R148, I thought the shooting happened on Saturday night, when there was indeed a drag show, not at the brunch.

Drag is crude sexual stand-up humour, it's not meant to be "family friendly". There was an obvious motive in trying to turn drag into something targeted at children.

by Anonymousreply 151November 20, 2022 1:41 PM

R151

Oh, fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 152November 20, 2022 1:43 PM

What exactly is an "LGBTQ" nightclub? What exactly is the common entertainment/social factor that brings together such diverse groups with diverse interests as lesbians, gay men, bisexual men and women, trans and people who like to call themselves queer?

by Anonymousreply 153November 20, 2022 1:44 PM

[quote] it was a musical drag brunch. Like a dinner theater or a Broadway play

R148 Which has zip to do with exposing children to situations they aren't equipped to handle.

[quote] ow could someone think that seeing a musical drag brunch specifically meant to be family friendly is something that kids can’t handle but mass murder is something kids can handle?

There were no children in that club at midnight.

by Anonymousreply 154November 20, 2022 1:45 PM

I woke up to a news notification on my phone at it was described as a “gay nightclub”.

by Anonymousreply 155November 20, 2022 1:46 PM

The Libsoftiktok loon is taking the day to target yet another drag event... IN COLORADO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156November 20, 2022 1:46 PM

The straight homophobes on this forum reveal themselves everytime.

by Anonymousreply 157November 20, 2022 1:47 PM

R152, what exactly is your objection to what I said?

Drag was always crude, sexualised stand-up humour by gay men for gay men. The trans hated drag at first, but they managed to colonise it in the way they've colonised everything else gay, and then tried to turn it into a "family-friendly show" (i.e. they stripped drag of everything it ever meant or symbolised and made it not something specifically gay but something that was "LGBTQ") in order to make trans ideology more acceptable and brainwash the younger generation into their trans ideology. There's also the problem of some of the performers at these "children's" drag shows been far too sexually dressed.

by Anonymousreply 158November 20, 2022 1:49 PM

You mean the trans ideologues who hate homosexuality, r157.

by Anonymousreply 159November 20, 2022 1:49 PM

Almost all the major news outlets have "LGBTQ club" in their headlines. The Guardian, being on the other side of the world, seems not 'updated' and still used 'gay nightclub'.

by Anonymousreply 160November 20, 2022 1:50 PM

Stochastic terrorism at its finest. We're at about stage 6 of the 10 stages of genocide.

by Anonymousreply 161November 20, 2022 1:50 PM

The sad, broken, Unfuckable Muppet is all over this thread.

by Anonymousreply 162November 20, 2022 1:51 PM

R159

Go back to Breitbart. I hate that Muriel has allowed you far-right trolls to overtake this forum.

by Anonymousreply 163November 20, 2022 1:51 PM

Datalounge has become a nightmare. An anti-gay and, likely, anti-drag mass crime takes place, and 80% of the people here are indulging in the same rhetoric that likely led to this place or losing their minds over some irrelevant semantic shit about acronyms and the word queer.

by Anonymousreply 164November 20, 2022 1:52 PM

R160 It's difficult to know if the media are using LGBTQ per agenda or simply replicating existing reportage. More likely, the latter.

by Anonymousreply 165November 20, 2022 1:52 PM

R160, the LA Times and Reuters are calling it a gay nightclub.

by Anonymousreply 166November 20, 2022 1:53 PM

Never ceases to amaze me how people will argue and allow themselves to get so angry when the basic facts aren't even in yet. Wait a few hours and we'll know the identity of the gunman and probably a motive.

by Anonymousreply 167November 20, 2022 1:53 PM

R164 80 percent of the comments are made by the same loony unhinged poster/posters.

by Anonymousreply 168November 20, 2022 1:53 PM

I've never seen any club classified as an LGBTQ club before. This is all due to stupidity because the morons think gay and LGBTQ are synonyms. They are not.

by Anonymousreply 169November 20, 2022 1:54 PM

Yes, let's argue over words and language, instead of pulling together to fight whatever evil forces attacked us.

That will certainly allow us to win this battle!

/s

by Anonymousreply 170November 20, 2022 1:56 PM

I'm not really a fan of the people who keep telling us we're not allowed to talk about this because we don't have "enough facts yet."

You never see them on any other threads where there's breaking news and people are speculating.

by Anonymousreply 171November 20, 2022 1:57 PM

r169

by Anonymousreply 172November 20, 2022 1:57 PM

[quote] 80 percent of the comments are made by the same loony unhinged poster/posters.

R168 You mean those posters spewing invective at anyone with whom they disagree?

by Anonymousreply 173November 20, 2022 1:57 PM

How can a drag show at a nightclub that sells booze be called family-friendly? I hope there were no children there last night. We need the identities of the victims and of the killer.

by Anonymousreply 174November 20, 2022 1:57 PM

[quote]Horrific. America really really must do something about its gun control problem. This will never stop otherwise.

Unfortunately we're never going to be able to get rid of that fucking Second Amendment.

by Anonymousreply 175November 20, 2022 1:57 PM

R169

The club is literally called “Club Q”.

You far-right trolls are so ridiculous. Muriel needs to get rid of y’all.

by Anonymousreply 176November 20, 2022 1:57 PM

[quote]Drag was always crude,[bold] sexualised[/bold] stand-up [bold]humour [/bold] by gay men for gay men.

There was a whole thread on here yesterday of people insisting that our trolls weren't British.

by Anonymousreply 177November 20, 2022 1:59 PM

Admittedly, judging from its Facebook page, Club Q is all about drag and they don't seem to like to use the word gay. They were also going to have a "family-friendly" Transgender Day of Remembrance brunch today. Does that make it a trans club (if you consider all drag performers to be trans)? A gay club (drag traditionally being a thing gay men did)? Because there's no such thing as an "LGBTQ club".

Anyway, it's an awful thing to have happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178November 20, 2022 2:00 PM

I remember a gay bar that was named Q Bar in some city. G Bar doesn't sound as cool.

by Anonymousreply 179November 20, 2022 2:00 PM

[quote] ) in order to make trans ideology more acceptable and brainwash the younger generation into their trans ideology. There's also the problem of some of the performers at these "children's" drag shows been far too sexually dressed.

That's exactly what it's doing. It is a Trojan Horse.

The opposition to targeting children is legitimate and in no way has to be based on hate.

If someone started shooting up a NAMBLA gathering would you demand people stop condemning pedos? No, you wouldn't. You'd condemn the shooter as a murderer. Period.

Of course, this just gives the homophobic & Pedo "transing away the gay" crowd ammo to go after those exposing them for what they are.

by Anonymousreply 180November 20, 2022 2:01 PM

I just can't anymore. Right before Thanksgiving holiday...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181November 20, 2022 2:02 PM

Queer no longer means gay.

by Anonymousreply 182November 20, 2022 2:02 PM

The club does feature all ages drag brunches in the afternoon, but this shooting was at midnight on a Saturday night where it was 18+ to get in.

by Anonymousreply 183November 20, 2022 2:02 PM

Yes, I'm British r177. DL is on a thing called the internet which means that people from all over the world can access it. It may come as a shock to you, but people from outside the US are not all trolls.

Are you disputing the fact drag was always crude, sexualised stand-up humour by gay men for gay men? Until some tried for their own reasons to turn it into something else.

by Anonymousreply 184November 20, 2022 2:03 PM

[quote]they don't seem to like to use the word gay.

Why?

by Anonymousreply 185November 20, 2022 2:03 PM

The trolls are now implying that the victims were basically NAMBLA members. That's fun. I love knowing that our first breaking news thread about this is going to be deleted because the trolls have gotten out of hand again.

Muriel, is there any way you can just delete the troll replies and not the whole thread, for once? Is that even possible?

by Anonymousreply 186November 20, 2022 2:04 PM

R154, yes, there were no children in the club at midnight but anyone who was looking forward to going out to a musical brunch this morning is likely to find out why it didn’t happen. Real life violence. I still remember nightmares from R rated movies I accidentally saw on television as a kid. The same people who are acting like drag is dangerous for the mind have no problem glamorizing guns or allowing young people on shooting ranges.

by Anonymousreply 187November 20, 2022 2:04 PM

Do we know anything about the killer?

by Anonymousreply 188November 20, 2022 2:04 PM

R185, because the transtapo will attack them if they say gay.

R186, it's the trans themselves that got in bed with the NAMBLA loons.

by Anonymousreply 189November 20, 2022 2:06 PM

R186, who said anything about NAMBLA? You're making shit up.

by Anonymousreply 190November 20, 2022 2:07 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191November 20, 2022 2:08 PM

Very true, r187. They're not condemning the massacre, the shooting doesn't bother them one bit, it's that drag may have been happening near kids and that means gays are pedos and SAVE THE CHILDREN!!! blah blah

At no point are they saying "many of these victims had children or were close to children in their families, and children will be hearing about this on the news, and we should be concerned about this."

by Anonymousreply 192November 20, 2022 2:08 PM

"Knowing USA and the gun problem the shooter could be anyone."

Well smell you, Mary!

by Anonymousreply 193November 20, 2022 2:09 PM

[quote] The same people who are acting like drag is dangerous for the mind

R187 Drag is dangerous for a CHILD'S mind and well-being. Anyone with a modicum of common sense would realize that.

by Anonymousreply 194November 20, 2022 2:09 PM

[quote] Are you disputing the fact drag was always crude, sexualised stand-up humour by gay men for gay men? Until some tried for their own reasons to turn it into something else.

I was seeing drag queens on extremely square family entertainment shows on German tv as a child in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 195November 20, 2022 2:09 PM

R188, heavy.com will probably have info before anybody else. They're good at getting info like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196November 20, 2022 2:09 PM

The last Instagram post was:

[quote]Let’s prep for a fantastic Sunday Funday!

[quote]Doors open at 11am for our noon ALL AGES DRAG BRUNCH!!! Join us for a fantastic drink special and even more amazing drag show!

[quote]Then stick around for an all stars cast of our freshest faces! We’re celebrating Transgender Day of Remembrance with a variety of gender identities and performance styles! Show starts at 8pm!

So, it's not really a gay club, although on some older posts it has the hashtag #gayclub.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197November 20, 2022 2:10 PM

I saw Flip Wilson as Geraldine back in 1974 so of course I turned into a trannie pedo rapist psychopath, just like everyone else did.

by Anonymousreply 198November 20, 2022 2:10 PM

[quote][R187] Drag is dangerous for a CHILD'S mind and well-being. Anyone with a modicum of common sense would realize that.

They’re clowns, kids just laugh at them.

by Anonymousreply 199November 20, 2022 2:10 PM

I doubt it was a repub type white guy or they would have released his name already. Remember that fucking asshole who ran down those black guys outside of a gay bar in Chicago? It took a long time before they said who it was and we know why it took so long. And that case has been totally memory holed too.

by Anonymousreply 200November 20, 2022 2:12 PM

The police have been describing it as a "hate attack" for hours, so all of the "we don't know the facts yet" people can go lick a light socket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201November 20, 2022 2:12 PM

[quote] They’re clowns, kids just laugh at them.

R199 Uh, no. They most certainly aren't. They are overly sexualized adult men. Disconcerting, even frightening, to a child who has no limited experience of adult male sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 202November 20, 2022 2:13 PM

r190, it's at r180, and also go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 203November 20, 2022 2:13 PM

I mean, they usually will say right away when it's a white guy, other times you won't hear a peep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204November 20, 2022 2:14 PM

Go okay in traffic and die r202. I don't come to a gay board after our community was attacked to listen to trolls like you trying to derail the thread with your bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 205November 20, 2022 2:14 PM

Lol r198, I'm not as old as you so had never heard of Geraldine before and looked her up, but that isn't drag.

Club Q is a nightclub. Its drag shows are held at night for adults. Sometimes, it seems, those same adult drag performers do Sunday brunch family drag shows at the same premises.

by Anonymousreply 206November 20, 2022 2:15 PM

Press conference. Thoughts and prayers.

by Anonymousreply 207November 20, 2022 2:16 PM

R203, r180 is not saying they are NAMBLA members, they are giving a comparison with NAMBLA. Comparisons are not the same as saying two things are exactly the same.

by Anonymousreply 208November 20, 2022 2:17 PM

R205 doesn't realize that this is an adult discussion board and not a re-education camp where he's the comandante.

by Anonymousreply 209November 20, 2022 2:17 PM

R205, it seems this was an attack on the drag community, not the gay male community.

by Anonymousreply 210November 20, 2022 2:18 PM

R208

Oh, fuck off. Muriel, come take out the trash.

by Anonymousreply 211November 20, 2022 2:18 PM

r208 There's a reason that sick fuck picked hat comparison when you could have chosen dozens of others. And all the talk about drag queens being a danger to children can only mean one thing. You know all that, crazy cunt.

by Anonymousreply 212November 20, 2022 2:18 PM

R190 claims to be a lesbian and does nothing but post anti-trans shit all over the board.

R202 isn't gay, it's a straight lady who is all over the Meghan threads and anti-trans threads, and complaining about the "black racists from LSA" on several threads as well.

by Anonymousreply 213November 20, 2022 2:18 PM

Gay for the past half a century has meant two things:

1. Gay as a term for homosexual men

2. Gay as an umbrella terms for the LGBTQ+ community

Obvious Gay become the umbrella terms because men have always positioned themselves first and demanded the most attention, be they Gay or straight.

Now we have the chance to have Gay move back to being exclusively about men, which some of you on this thread would seem to be very happy about, claim Gay for the guys. This way we know which group we are talking about.

And we have the ability to use Queer and LGBTQ+ as umbrella terms and be more inclusive of everyone under that umbrella. In its own way Gay is a very patriarchal term, so it’s understandable that many people under that umbrella would not be comfortable with it.

I get that Queer is loaded and was hurtful to some, but that’s no different than what Gay was before it was reclaimed. If people moved passed to embrace Gay as an umbrella term, there’s no reason we can’t move forward to embracing Queer as an umbrella term.

by Anonymousreply 214November 20, 2022 2:19 PM

“Police identified the suspect as Anderson Lee Aldridge, a 22-year-old man. He was injured and subdued, authorities said, after firing with a “long gun.” They are investigating the motive.“

From the Washington Post.

by Anonymousreply 215November 20, 2022 2:21 PM

I don't want to be called Queer. It's hurtful.

The feelings of people you disagree with do not matter to you.

by Anonymousreply 216November 20, 2022 2:22 PM

Yes r213, I am a lesbian and, hence a woman, so, yeah, I am in a position to say that transwomen are not women, lesbians do not have penises and women are not particularly impressed by drag queens' weird impersonations of us.

None of that means that anyone should be shot and killed and only a fucking idiot would try to link legitimate concerns about trans ideology with shooting people.

by Anonymousreply 217November 20, 2022 2:23 PM

[quote]I'm not as old as you so had never heard of Geraldine before and looked her up, but that isn't drag.

You're a long-time anti-trans troll, and Geraldine is brought up all over DL, Twitter, and other social media as an example of drag, along with Monty Python and other similar examples, so you have clearly heard the reference before. No one thinks you haven't. I get that you think you're being really clever with some sly ad hominem, but the truth is that your posting history reveals you're an obsessive anti-trans troll who posts on other social media about trans, too, so we're not buying this act of yours.

Given that you and the person who brought up NAMBLA have said the exact same things on this thread multiple times, I think it's a good chance you're both accounts, because that's the level of troll you are. You have no life, posting hate about trans online is the only thing you do, and it's painfully obvious.

by Anonymousreply 218November 20, 2022 2:23 PM

Gay was never a slur though R214, it never had to be reclaimed. I mean it's great that you decree we should get over the hard feelings and embrace the term but not everyone agrees with that.

by Anonymousreply 219November 20, 2022 2:24 PM

Anderson Lee Aldrich was known to authorities. Arrested last year for a homemade bomb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220November 20, 2022 2:24 PM

It's not that "queer" is loaded and hurtful to some. It's more that it has become a term so broad that is becoming basically meaningless. When any dingbat with a nose ring is "queer" it's a useless term. And gay was never an umbrella term including anybody who ever felt remotely different from their parents or society. It always had a connotation of same-sex attraction. (Well, not always, but for the past 70 years or so.)

by Anonymousreply 221November 20, 2022 2:25 PM

Coincidence that this happens at the same time Sleazon Musky is busy owning the libtards and reinstating Twitler?

by Anonymousreply 222November 20, 2022 2:26 PM

R194, women were dressing as men to play Hamlet more than 100 years ago and a lot of schools back then had Shakespeare style cross dressing when they put on plays, which didn’t destroy anyone’s mind. People understand that part of culture is playing roles, in many different ways.

by Anonymousreply 223November 20, 2022 2:26 PM

Statement from Colorado's gay Governor:

[Quote]We are eternally grateful for the brave individuals who blocked the gunman likely saving lives in the process and for the first responders who responded swiftly to this horrific shooting," Polis, a Democrat, said. "Colorado stands with our LGTBQ community and everyone impacted by this tragedy as we mourn together.”

by Anonymousreply 224November 20, 2022 2:26 PM

Is there an actual connection to Trans and this mass shooting? Or are posters here just making shit up?

by Anonymousreply 225November 20, 2022 2:27 PM

R219 Then you never went my high school that’s for sure. People being called Gay is still very much a slur, visit any US middle school

by Anonymousreply 226November 20, 2022 2:27 PM

R223, that is NOT drag. Stop mixing-up all forms of cross-dressing with drag. Drag is something very specific.

by Anonymousreply 227November 20, 2022 2:27 PM

I'm guessing he hadn't even been tried for those charges yet, r220.

Heavy dot com has the photo. What were you racists saying about this being a black guy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228November 20, 2022 2:27 PM

Chief Adrian Vasquez of the Colorado Springs Police Department said the gunman began shooting as soon as he entered the nightclub. He said at least two people inside, whose actions he described as heroic, helped subdue the gunman.

Chief Vasquez said the gunman used a long rifle. Two guns were recovered at the club, he said, adding that investigators were working to determine a motive for the attack.

Mayor John Suthers of Colorado Springs praised the club patrons who had helped to subdue the gunman, saying “their actions clearly saved lives.”

Chief Adrian Vasquez of the Colorado Springs Police Department identified the suspect they have in custody as Anderson Lee Aldrich, 22.

by Anonymousreply 229November 20, 2022 2:28 PM

Gay not a slur. Queer is, and was used to by gay men as an affront on homophobia, but not today.

by Anonymousreply 230November 20, 2022 2:28 PM

"Q" stands for "Qleen," as in "Qleen semen to Savor."

by Anonymousreply 231November 20, 2022 2:28 PM

Oh yeah R221, it's that too, Nowadays if you see "queer" as a descriptor it's usually referring to a married white woman with green hair.

by Anonymousreply 232November 20, 2022 2:29 PM

What we know

-5 lives taken, at least 18 others injured

- Suspect IDed as 22-yr-old Anderson Lee Aldrich

- At least 2 fire arms found at the scene

- Mayor says one or more patrons "heroically intervened" to subdue the suspect

by Anonymousreply 233November 20, 2022 2:29 PM

R223 Women playing men's roles is NOT the same as highly sexualized adult men in female drag. Adults may understand role-playing. Children do not.

by Anonymousreply 234November 20, 2022 2:29 PM

R218, I'm not "anti" anyone. I just don't believe that men can become women, that lesbians have penises, or that we should teach little kids that they were born in the wrong body.

Are you claiming that this Geraldine was drag then? Because cross-dressing and drag are not the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 235November 20, 2022 2:30 PM

There is no known motive yet r225. However given the right wings current obsession with drag queens and this club focusing on drag performers its possible that was this twerp's motive if he moved in those online right wing circles. He looks like the type.

by Anonymousreply 236November 20, 2022 2:32 PM

Is this same guy (perp):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237November 20, 2022 2:32 PM

[quote] Because cross-dressing and drag are not the same thing.

In the final analysis, they are exactly the same. Men in knickers, bra and a dress.

by Anonymousreply 238November 20, 2022 2:32 PM

Last year the suspected murderer, Anderson Lee Aldrich, had tried to blow his house up.

[quote]EL PASO COUNTY — Residents within a quarter-mile of the 6300 block of Pilgrimage Road in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood were evacuated Friday night by the El Paso County Sheriff's Office.

[quote]The Sheriff's office said the situation began around 2 p.m. Friday afternoon when they responded to a report of a bomb threat in the 9800 block of Rubicon Dr. The reporting party said her son was threatening to hurt her with a homemade bomb, multiple weapons, and ammunition. She was not in the home at the time when she made the call and was not sure where her son was.

[quote]According to the Sheriff's Office, deputies responded to the home and after further investigation realized the suspect, 21-year-old Anderson Lee Aldrich was in the 6300 block of Pilgrimage Road, approximately one mile away from Rubicon Dr. Deputies contacted Aldrich by phone and he refused to comply with orders to surrender.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239November 20, 2022 2:32 PM

How many TQ+ have died?

by Anonymousreply 240November 20, 2022 2:32 PM

How the fuck was this guy back on the street? Does Colorado have those dumb bail reform laws too?

by Anonymousreply 241November 20, 2022 2:34 PM

How odd that none of the trolls are remarking on the shooter being a young white incel type with a history of terrorism.

by Anonymousreply 242November 20, 2022 2:34 PM

Re: R220

OF COURSE he was already "on law enforcement's radar". As per usual. Trash cunt!

by Anonymousreply 243November 20, 2022 2:34 PM

[quote] Last year the suspected murderer, Anderson Lee Aldrich, had tried to blow his house up.

Mentally ill white guy. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 244November 20, 2022 2:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245November 20, 2022 2:35 PM

OK R236. I can accept that logic. I thought it was just more DL Trans obsession but maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 246November 20, 2022 2:35 PM

R242 Are you a mental health professional??

by Anonymousreply 247November 20, 2022 2:36 PM

Police have already said this was a hate crime. They don't throw words around like that -- they may not have the details, but they probably heard something anti-gay, anti-drag or anti-trans come out of the shooter's mouth.

by Anonymousreply 248November 20, 2022 2:37 PM

Depressing.

by Anonymousreply 249November 20, 2022 2:37 PM

If this was a case of a mentally ill white guy with a gun/grudge, why were the FBI called in?

by Anonymousreply 250November 20, 2022 2:39 PM

[quote]In the final analysis, they are exactly the same. Men in knickers, bra and a dress.

Are you saying that all drag queens are transwomen, then, r238?

by Anonymousreply 251November 20, 2022 2:39 PM

Police said this was a hate crime and the shooter tried to blow up his mother last year, with a homemade bomb and multiple weapons.

"Are you sure you're not just jumping to conclusions?" at this point is "I don't want to believe what happened because it doesn't fit into my personal worldview."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252November 20, 2022 2:41 PM

R251

"Transwomen" = Men in dresses

"Drag queens" = Men in dresses

"Transgender" = Men in dresses

"Cross dressers" = Men in dresses

"Transsexuals" = Men in dresses

by Anonymousreply 253November 20, 2022 2:41 PM

It's been identified.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254November 20, 2022 2:43 PM

[quote]In the final analysis, they are exactly the same. Men in knickers, bra and a dress.

And what exactly is wrong with that? Anybody should be allowed to wear whatever they want, whenever they want. I was out for a walk in my NYC neighborhood yesterday, and passed a store where a young woman inside was wearing skin tight leggings that hugged her butt cheeks and went deep into her ass crack, in full view of any child in the vicinity. I'll bet you have no problems with THAT kind of outfit.

by Anonymousreply 255November 20, 2022 2:44 PM

R242, I'm one of those called a troll and I also posted an article about the perp trying to bomb his house up. I'm not sure if that's terrorism or if his being white is relevant or even if he's an incel. Commenting on any of those things without further information would be weird, but he's certainly mentally unstable and has a history of violence. How he has access to firearms beats me. But that's America, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 256November 20, 2022 2:44 PM

I don’t get why we can’t keep better tabs on people with violent histories. Mass shooters are almost never random people, they always have a history of violence most often domestic violence. I get the issue with the gun debate, 2nd amendment blah blah, so why don’t start by focusing on violent males?

by Anonymousreply 257November 20, 2022 2:45 PM

He kinda looks like the guy that exposes himself in those Target Twitters.

by Anonymousreply 258November 20, 2022 2:46 PM

The Center on Broadway (an "LGBTQ" community center in Denver) issued the following confusing statement:

"We are shocked and saddened to wake up to this tragic news of a senseless act of violence against the LGBTQ community. We are Freud-stricken on behalf of the friends and family of those who died and on behalf of the Colorado Springs community who are coping with these tragic losses at a time when many families are preparing to gather for the holidays."

What does Freud-stricken mean? I can't find anything defining that term. Freude in German means joy. I hope that they aren't joyful.

by Anonymousreply 259November 20, 2022 2:46 PM

Wtf, r228? That's a completely different guy from a completely different story. Are you a troll or a moron?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260November 20, 2022 2:47 PM

They are stricken with the sudden urge to sleep with their mother? I don't get it either.

by Anonymousreply 261November 20, 2022 2:47 PM

R255 Go back and read R238 again. S L O W L Y. The original assertion was about cross dressing and drag queens. NO value judgement was asserted or implied.

by Anonymousreply 262November 20, 2022 2:48 PM

The point about jumping to conclusions, at least on my part, was that people here are doing the whole gay vs. t vs. drag fight YET AGAIN, and with such anger, when we don't even know his motive. Was he mad about T? Drag queen story hour? Anti-gay in general?

by Anonymousreply 263November 20, 2022 2:50 PM

R259 Might be a typo of the word grief that autocorrected to Freud, did nobody proofread?

by Anonymousreply 264November 20, 2022 2:50 PM

R255, I don't have any problems with men in tights and dresses being around children. I just don't think a man in tights and a dress is a woman. I also question why there's been such a push to make drag (a crude and sexualised form of female impersonation which has historically been performed in adult nightclubs) available to children.

by Anonymousreply 265November 20, 2022 2:50 PM

"Authorities said they were still investigating whether the mass shooting was a hate crime." Wtf?

by Anonymousreply 266November 20, 2022 2:52 PM

[quote] "RIP to the humans"

R32 We humans refer to ourselves as "people". Or did I miss the memo from our alien overlords?

by Anonymousreply 267November 20, 2022 2:53 PM

Assault weapons ban now.

Multiple armed security at every venue with metal detector screens.

Harder locks and security barriers at public places and schools.

The end of Hollywood gun glorification in media. The reality is guns in the hands of the crazies is not fucking cool at all.

by Anonymousreply 268November 20, 2022 2:54 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269November 20, 2022 2:54 PM

R267, they're reading their new cook book.

by Anonymousreply 270November 20, 2022 2:55 PM

So he threatened to kill his mom with a bomb and still had access to guns?

by Anonymousreply 271November 20, 2022 2:55 PM

The guy is a nutjob. Pure and simple.

People will cull everything he's ever said or written or liked or disliked and take some tiny sliver and use it to fit their agenda.

[quote] In the final analysis, they are exactly the same. Men in knickers, bra and a dress.

Typical intellectual dishonesty. The two situations are not remotely the same.

by Anonymousreply 272November 20, 2022 2:57 PM

[quote] Typical intellectual dishonesty. The two situations are not remotely the same.

R272 Cross dressers are men in dresses. Drag queens are men in dresses. The LCD of both situations. The rest is irrelevant quibble.

by Anonymousreply 273November 20, 2022 3:00 PM

Anyone derailing this into an anti-drag or anti-trans thing needs to be banned.

by Anonymousreply 274November 20, 2022 3:02 PM

[quote]The guy is a nutjob. Pure and simple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275November 20, 2022 3:02 PM

[quote] People will cull everything he's ever said or written or liked or disliked and take some tiny sliver and use it to fit their agenda.

Bottom line: Anderson had major mental and probably mummy issues. The patrons at the Q Club were tragically his convenient way of attempting to mitigate with those issues. Yet another angry American with guns and a grudge.

by Anonymousreply 276November 20, 2022 3:03 PM

Christ, why are we dragging Freud into this conversation, things are complicated enough all ready.

by Anonymousreply 277November 20, 2022 3:04 PM

Drag is not trans, or transvestism or anything else but DRAG and it's been around from the beginning of entertainment.

THE CHILDREN survived DRAG on I Love Lucy in 1959 just fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278November 20, 2022 3:04 PM

Did Anderson identify as Queer?

by Anonymousreply 279November 20, 2022 3:05 PM

I wonder if it was one of those scenarios where his mom refused to press charges so he didn't get in any trouble. That's big fucking problem too and something that needs to be addressed. Someone upthread asked why people with domestic violence rap sheets were able to buy guns and I bet a lot of women dropped charges so that they were never even noted anywhere, which is some bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 280November 20, 2022 3:07 PM

What's the point of the Family Guy meme? Is this guy white?

by Anonymousreply 281November 20, 2022 3:07 PM

R278 "Uncle Miltie" drag of 1959 is not within the realm of the highly sexualized drag of 2022.

by Anonymousreply 282November 20, 2022 3:08 PM

R156 The problem is Libs of TikTok doesn’t make this stuff up out of thin air.

The stuff I’ve seen on Libs of TikTok is disturbing. It’s not distorted or twisted, it’s screenshots and videos. They’re not lying or making it up or twisting facts.

There is an agenda to integrate children into the LGBT+ community by the “queer” / trans / etc. It’s wrong.

by Anonymousreply 283November 20, 2022 3:11 PM

But...but, r282, I thought:

[quote]R272 Cross dressers are men in dresses. Drag queens are men in dresses. The LCD of both situations. The rest is irrelevant quibble.

by Anonymousreply 284November 20, 2022 3:12 PM

Where's the mug shot? Do they wait until he's out of the hospital?

by Anonymousreply 285November 20, 2022 3:14 PM

Pardon the ignorance but aren't cross dressers straight men in drag vs drag queens who are gay men in drag ? And of course, trans are non performative people who live their lives as people from the different sex they were born with?

by Anonymousreply 286November 20, 2022 3:17 PM

R286 Drag queens are stage performers. Cross dressers aren’t.

by Anonymousreply 287November 20, 2022 3:19 PM

One of the victims:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288November 20, 2022 3:22 PM

[quote] But...but, [R282], I thought: Cross dressers are men in dresses. Drag queens are men in dresses. The LCD of both situations. The rest is irrelevant quibble.

R284 They are. Which has nothing to do with the highly sexualized appearance of drag queens.

[quote] Drag queens are stage performers. Cross dressers aren’t.

R287 Men in dresses are, in reality, performers who perform. The venue is irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 289November 20, 2022 3:23 PM

For trans and cross dressers the WORLD is their stage.

They will not be confined to some artificially assigned "stage".

by Anonymousreply 290November 20, 2022 3:23 PM

The post at R56 brings tears to my eyes.

Here are a group of people, attempting to connect to their community in positive and fun ways.

I love drag. I’ve shared here previously, how when in high school, I used to hang out with my gay bff, who wasn’t just a gay male, as he was a gay male who ALSO loved drag. He has long passed away due to AIDS, but let me tell you all something- he was an amazing human being.

I’d do his make up, help style him and his wigs. We had so much fun. He had such a GOOD heart.

He got sober long before I did, but when I did, he took me to dozens upon dozens of AA gay/queer meetings. He introduced me to people with whom I’d develop life long ties with, and he treated me like family.

We shouldn’t sit here and quibble over gay versus drag. Drag queens are almost always never trans, and even if they were, shame on any of you here who want to deduct sympathy points from an absolute tragedy, based on how others identify, be it via drag or surgery. I don’t agree that children should be transitioned. That by all means doesn’t reflect that what I do believe is that there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with adults choosing to do so. It does not mean that I think that a gay man is a lesser being, because he enjoys dressing in drag.

And make no mistake, drag queens are almost always gay men who enjoy PERFORMING on a stage. They’re actors. They’re singers. They’re gay and they are also performers.

These men had lives and a purpose. A meaningful one. Now, their safe space hand fun party spot has been marred because some asshole who doesn’t understand politics and the bullshit it produces, decided to act out his gamer fantasies on real people with real lives.

I bet this club was the only real fun spot in that town. Now it’s fucked indefinitely because so many people online, including trolls on DL, cannot stop pushing HATEFUL propaganda, which finally pushed a nutjob to take matters into his own hands and target Drag performers.

These are REAL people. You sit around and engage in nothing but hate speech against a specific group of people, here in the United States? THIS is what eventually happens. And each and every one of you cunt trolls here know that.

Fuck you. You’re the slimiest of the slime and just absolutely heartless and awful human beings.

by Anonymousreply 291November 20, 2022 3:27 PM

To me, there's never a satisfactory explanation for most mass shootings, and it always seems to just end vaguely without any real answers...probably because the shooters are truly insane. I really wish they would find a way to psychologically profile them and never allow them to buy or own guns.

I just found this and it sounds about right (to me) regarding the motive of most mass shooters:

"Motives that have been suggested include revenge, escape from pain and hopelessness, and motives inherent in psychopathy and acute psychosis. Religion or politics is thought to be a much less frequent motive of mass shooters. On average, shooters of all kinds experienced multiple stressors in the year before the shootings. Their most common grievances were about adverse interpersonal or employment actions against them. In one view, many school mass shooters were in terrible adolescent crises, unable to handle them, and depressed and immature, and they saw no way out.

Suicidality (serious suicidal ideation or behavior) is common among all shooters and is thought by some to be typical of school shooters. Some of them live without much regard for their wellbeing day to day, and some vacillate between wanting to kill themselves and wanting to kill others."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292November 20, 2022 3:27 PM

[Quote]Uncle Miltie" drag of 1959 is not within the realm of the highly sexualized drag of 2022.

That's bullshit. You speak for all DRAG now? Have you been to a DRAG show in a gay bar? Clever skits, standup comedy and hilarious lip sync?

Stop speaking out your ignorant ass.

by Anonymousreply 293November 20, 2022 3:27 PM

"There is an agenda to integrate children into the LGBT+ community by the “queer” / trans / etc. It’s wrong."

You can't integrate anyone into anything sexual. People will be what they will be.

I would have appreciated some gay male role models growing up, because I drifted in the shadows for years not knowing where I fit in the world- if it all.

That said, I think the drag queens + kiddies thing is stupid. Keep it on cable or bachelorette parties or at 1am in the gay club.

by Anonymousreply 294November 20, 2022 3:28 PM

It may have been because the club was going to host a drag brunch today.

Continuous scapegoating led directly to this event.

FUCK YOU DL TROLLS. THIS BLOOD IS ON YOUR HANDS

by Anonymousreply 295November 20, 2022 3:29 PM

[Quote] Uncle Miltie" drag of 1959 is not within the realm of the highly sexualized drag of 2022.

You’re a troll.

When was the last time your EVER went to a drag show?

by Anonymousreply 296November 20, 2022 3:31 PM

[Quote] To me, there's never a satisfactory explanation for most mass shootings

They tend to target people society constantly claims is less than and other

by Anonymousreply 297November 20, 2022 3:31 PM

R294 I mean obviously there are gay and lesbian children.

My problem is they don’t belong in gay nightclubs.

Treating drag queens like clowns for kids is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 298November 20, 2022 3:32 PM

R56, SO?

Fuck you, you troll. You’re thrilled when gays get slaughtered

by Anonymousreply 299November 20, 2022 3:32 PM

[Quote] ] I mean obviously there are gay and lesbian children. My problem is they don’t belong in gay nightclubs.

What kids are going to gay nightclubs at night exactly?

by Anonymousreply 300November 20, 2022 3:33 PM

[quote] Stop speaking out your ignorant ass.

R293 R296 Stop attempting parity between 1959 and 2022. It doesn't exist. Stop attempting to convince others that drag shows are reasonable venues for children. They most certainly aren't.

by Anonymousreply 301November 20, 2022 3:34 PM

R300 Why did you say “at night” knowing they have brunches and events for kids in certain clubs now.

by Anonymousreply 302November 20, 2022 3:35 PM

You just want to go out and have fun, getting away from the hate the world inflicts.

But then a nut, influenced by politicians and trolls with an agenda, comes in a mows you down just because you’re gay.

by Anonymousreply 303November 20, 2022 3:35 PM

[Quote] [R300] Why did you say “at night” knowing they have brunches and events for kids in certain clubs now.

So a dance space must only be active at night?

by Anonymousreply 304November 20, 2022 3:35 PM

[Quote] 5 lives taken, at least 18 others injured

And the trolls on here are trying to justify that they deserved it because the space was going to hold a drag brunch

by Anonymousreply 305November 20, 2022 3:37 PM

Any more news about the cretin who did this?

by Anonymousreply 306November 20, 2022 3:38 PM

I don't understand why anyone thinks a thread about a horrific event is the place to discuss anything other than the victims and the motive of the evil guy that murdered them. The people who were murdered and injured are victims, not representatives of behavior your disagree with politically.

by Anonymousreply 307November 20, 2022 3:38 PM

[quote] And the trolls on here are trying to justify that they deserved it because the space was going to hold a drag brunch

R305 Point out any of the now 306 posts where a poster made that assertion.

by Anonymousreply 308November 20, 2022 3:39 PM

Not intended as a slight on you, R32, I HATE when the media, law enforcement, and bystanders say things like this

[quote] [bold]RIP to the humans who lost their lives[/bold] in that club, comfort sent to the wounded, and may the ones who lost loved ones find the strength to endure without them

Their lives were NOT "lost"; they were TAKEN. Stolen.

It's as bad as the mindless refrain, "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I mean, if I'm low on gas and stop to fill my tank, and get shot in the eye, how am *I* in the wrong place? I can't fill my fucking tank from my fucking house, can I?

If I go to a club or party, and I get stabbed in the neck, "wrong place, wrong time", too? Guess I should party at my house. Oh, wait....the party WAS at my house, where I felt safe. And some uninvited guest comes behind me and garrotes me. Wrong place, wrong time, still?

/rant.

by Anonymousreply 309November 20, 2022 3:42 PM

"Any more news about the cretin who did this?"

Please don't let him be bl-

by Anonymousreply 310November 20, 2022 3:43 PM

In these mass shooting cases, there are ALWAYS warning signs and prior incidents and red flags that are ignored. This guy was already on law enforcement’s radar and should have been in jail, and certainly shouldn’t have had access to any weapons. The laws need to be changed.

by Anonymousreply 311November 20, 2022 3:43 PM

Except it does, R73.

Why do you pretend that most Alt-Right Republicans are fair minded, nuanced people?

GMAFB.

Fuck off, asshole.

Gawd, you’re stupid.

by Anonymousreply 312November 20, 2022 3:49 PM

There’s no real tits or twat with drag, how can it be highly sexualized?

by Anonymousreply 313November 20, 2022 3:51 PM

I don't get what the media is supposed to do. On one hand people say "it's such a shame when shootings are so common they're barely newsworthy anymore." On the other it's "stop exploiting those people and their suffering! You're giving the shooter the notoriety he wants!" So should they talk about the shootings or not? They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

by Anonymousreply 314November 20, 2022 3:51 PM

R312 Homophobia has NOTHING to do with exposiing children to drag shows. Your personal political prejudices don't alter that reality.

by Anonymousreply 315November 20, 2022 3:52 PM

Block the irrational frau gash at r301 who conflates n'importe quoi in the name of THE CHILDREN.

by Anonymousreply 316November 20, 2022 3:53 PM

Nothing sounds more boring than a family friendly drag show. I want them to be raunchy and tell inappropriate jokes. That's the fun of going. If I wanted family friendly I'd just watch Mickey Mouse.

by Anonymousreply 317November 20, 2022 3:54 PM

The dyke with the long-sealed and dusty vault of a vagina is exhausting. Don’t they have forums for people like you?

by Anonymousreply 318November 20, 2022 3:55 PM

This is DL's way of managing the pain. Getting snippy with each other.

by Anonymousreply 319November 20, 2022 3:56 PM

So is there any word on why the fat, ugly fucker did it?

by Anonymousreply 320November 20, 2022 3:59 PM

This has been an extremely useful thread for blocking lunatics - half the thread disappeared after I blocked like four people, all spewing anti-trans NAMBLA gibberish sounding like Linda Blair in The Exorcist. These sad people don't deserve our time or energy y'all, just block them, they have detached from reality awhile back. And I bet that British one is Andrew Sullivan lol

by Anonymousreply 321November 20, 2022 4:00 PM

That's not drag, r238, and everyone was laughing at him. It was homophobia more than anything else. The children learnt to laugh at the "queer".

by Anonymousreply 322November 20, 2022 4:01 PM

I googled Colorado shooter and came up with this. What is it with mass shooters in CO having their hair dyed in SJW colors?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323November 20, 2022 4:03 PM

R319 I don't see many people in pain here. Most are delighted this happened or are having a laugh pretending they're outraged by something else, like the use of the LGBT acronym. This is what this website has turned into after people decided to welcome man-hating dykes and British moms over its own obsession with trans issues.

by Anonymousreply 324November 20, 2022 4:03 PM

James Holmes wannabe, R323.

by Anonymousreply 325November 20, 2022 4:04 PM

Damn, R291, you're conflating all kinds of issues.

No one is deducting sympathy points for victims. It is a terrible tragedy.

A discussion on TRA organized drag shows for kids is not the same discussion as mass shootings or gun control.

Drag in the gay community and the trans community is highly sexualized. It's not just fancy dress or a costume ball. It's sexual like strip shows are sexual. Should we welcome friendly strippers in their stripper costumes who just want to read to your kids at the library?

Trying to use this to stifle opposition to trans children and indoctrinating them into thinking that you can change your sex is just more totalitarian censorship.

Normalizing sexual activity and sexualized environments for children is absolutely grooming. It is the very definition of grooming. This is what they mean by their euphemism of "intergenerational relationships". Most gays do not approve of this and I guarantee that many of the trans of old don't agree with it either.

by Anonymousreply 326November 20, 2022 4:04 PM

Colorado is the HOME of modern-era mass shootings. Columbine started it off. It’s just part of the culture there.

by Anonymousreply 327November 20, 2022 4:05 PM

Fuck the gun lobby

Fuck homophobes

Fuck transphobes

by Anonymousreply 328November 20, 2022 4:05 PM

[quote] And I bet that British one is Andrew Sullivan lol

You mean the lifelong racist Thatcherite and a lying bareback whore Andrew Sullivan?

by Anonymousreply 329November 20, 2022 4:07 PM

[QUOTE] Colorado is the HOME of modern-era mass shootings. Columbine started it off. It’s just part of the culture there.

Then nuke the place from orbit.

by Anonymousreply 330November 20, 2022 4:07 PM

[quote]This is all to familiar. Hope it wasn't a muslim like here in Norway. Knowing USA and the gun problem the shooter could be anyone.

Anders Breivik is Muslim?

by Anonymousreply 331November 20, 2022 4:08 PM

Colorado is the mass shooting capital

Texas is

by Anonymousreply 332November 20, 2022 4:09 PM

Sure, what better answer could there be to stop mass murder than "nuke the place"?

by Anonymousreply 333November 20, 2022 4:09 PM

How did this even become a trans thing? Drag isn't trans.

by Anonymousreply 334November 20, 2022 4:09 PM

r326...always thinking of the children. r326, why are you always thinking of the children?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335November 20, 2022 4:09 PM

[Quote]When I first clicked on [R21] and [R69]'s CNN link, it referred to a gay nightclub, as can still be seen in the URL. The TQ+ hall monitor moderators must have started their shift since the article was first posted and and demanded that the article be edited to erase the gay away and replace it with the only permissible "LGBTQ".

Exactly. It's a GAY nightclub, not trans.

by Anonymousreply 336November 20, 2022 4:12 PM

He probably wasn't getting what he felt he was ENTITLED TO, R320.

Well R324, they probably just got out of church, so they needed to "spread (their version of) God's word". Sunday mornings are rough here on DL since the funsies found us.

by Anonymousreply 337November 20, 2022 4:12 PM

[quote]I don't understand why anyone thinks a thread about a horrific event is the place to discuss anything other than the victims and the motive of the evil guy that murdered them. The people who were murdered and injured are victims, not representatives of behavior your disagree with politically.

But you're cool with bigotry and racism that immediately overtakes a thread, right? Just not "politics" where one party has fully embraced hate of various groups. We're supposed to pretend that doesn't exist and you act like the difference in politics is on issues of like taxes.

by Anonymousreply 338November 20, 2022 4:12 PM

{quote] Anders Breivik is Muslim

I thought he targeted Muslims especially the girls. Maybe I have my countries mixed up. Was he the island guy who first blew shit up near their parliament as a distraction?

by Anonymousreply 339November 20, 2022 4:13 PM

Re R334... I see the connection now having just read a story in WaPo.

by Anonymousreply 340November 20, 2022 4:13 PM

This was done on Trans Day of Remembrance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341November 20, 2022 4:13 PM

Two mommies blocked so far. Show yourselves, motherfuckers. It's autumnal cleaning time at the DL.

by Anonymousreply 342November 20, 2022 4:14 PM

Is "trans club" even a thing? Where the patrons (not just drag performers) are all trans? Are there enough of these people to support such a business. It seems like these places are built around and run by gay men.

by Anonymousreply 343November 20, 2022 4:14 PM

[quote] This is barely getting headlines. Mass shootings are no longer noteworthy. They have become routine. Where was it this time? How many dead? The shooter was a crazy loner? Oh well…..

Agree! I went to the DM this morning to read the news and this story was buried under 3 outrage articles about Morgan Freeman hosting the soccer tournament at Qatar. I'm sad that this isn't front headlines. Was the body count not high enough. Americans really have been completely desensitized by mass shootings.

by Anonymousreply 344November 20, 2022 4:15 PM

Apparently the picture spreading around social media isn't really him. It's somebody else. So we haven't even seen his face yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345November 20, 2022 4:16 PM

R281, yes, he is white, according to Conan Daily.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346November 20, 2022 4:16 PM

Oh terrific, r345. Social media at its finest.

by Anonymousreply 347November 20, 2022 4:17 PM

Why would the bouncer let someone in with a long rifle? Unless you’re playing with the band you would not need to be carrying something that long.

An armed 22-year-old entered an LGBTQ nightclub in Colorado Springs, Colorado, just before midnight Saturday night and immediately opened fire, killing at least five people and injuring 18 others, before patrons stopped and disarmed him, police said Sunday.

The suspect in the shooting at Club Q was identified as Anderson Lee Aldrich, according to Colorado Springs Police Chief Adrian Vasquez. He used a long rifle in the shooting, and two firearms were found at the scene, he said.

by Anonymousreply 348November 20, 2022 4:20 PM

Shooter identified

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349November 20, 2022 4:20 PM

Can’t wait for “allies” to claim he must have been internally gay himself and couldn’t handle it. Because according to straight people, homosexuality is a deviancy that turns into homicidal rage if a person doesn’t come out in a timeline they find appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 350November 20, 2022 4:23 PM

Customers subdued the gunman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351November 20, 2022 4:23 PM

r346

Not saying this is wrong, but wtf is that source?

by Anonymousreply 352November 20, 2022 4:24 PM

[quote] This is all to familiar. Hope it wasn't a muslim like here in Norway. Knowing USA and the gun problem the shooter could be anyone.

[quote] Anders Breivik is Muslim?

This is what R12 was referring to. From BBC News, 25 June 2022:

[quote] A 42-year-old man has been arrested and charged with murder, attempted murder and terrorist acts after a shooting in the centre of Norway's capital, Oslo. Two people died and 21 were wounded early on Saturday in what police called an "act of Islamist terrorism". The shootings were in and near the London Pub, a popular LGBTQ+ venue, the Herr Nilsen jazz club and another pub.

by Anonymousreply 353November 20, 2022 4:25 PM

Some Spanish press reporting this is the guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354November 20, 2022 4:35 PM

r156 I reported the evil bitch who runs that account to the FBI. I'm sure many others did as well, and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't already know her. Children's hospitals keep getting bomb threats because of that fucking cunt. She needs to be in jail for promoting terrorism.

I'm sure they'll do nothing and she'll just keep getting people killed.

by Anonymousreply 355November 20, 2022 4:37 PM

I wish when it comes to social people would just wait for the authorities, instead of putting bad information out there. More than once someone gets named in total error and there's no turning the tide.

Build your self-esteem at the gym.

by Anonymousreply 356November 20, 2022 4:38 PM

It’s not him r354. That’s the guy who ran over the kid a few days ago…

by Anonymousreply 357November 20, 2022 4:40 PM

Yeah, but sadly, r356 I suspect the stupid urge by stupid people to post the stupid lie will always overwhelm any good sense.

by Anonymousreply 358November 20, 2022 4:41 PM

R331 I was talking about the mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Oslo this past summer. A muslim did it.

by Anonymousreply 359November 20, 2022 4:42 PM

R341, please. You think this nutter knew that?

But another chance to spread lies about the numbers - or lack thereof - of trans murdered for being trans. No matter how many facts are given to dispute this false narrative the media keeps buying into it.

It's just as cynical and deplorable for trans to use this tragedy to score points against their political enemies.

by Anonymousreply 360November 20, 2022 4:42 PM

That picture was posted upthread and fooled me, but it isn't him r354. Shockingly the internet has not been able to dig up a picture of this guy yet. He must have kept no online presence.

by Anonymousreply 361November 20, 2022 4:44 PM

He isn't the guy, r354. That guy is called Landen C. Glass and he is a 20-year-old truck driver who knocked over a little girl.

This is what happens when twits rush straight to Google, do an image search and just pick the first image that comes up, without checking if that really is the perpetrator in this incident or whether it's someone else whose image appears on the same website.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362November 20, 2022 4:45 PM

No one cares about shootings anymore. They are boring and normal now. If Colombine happened today nobody would blink an eye.

by Anonymousreply 363November 20, 2022 4:45 PM

R360, the shooter is still alive so hopefully his motive will become clear. But in all honesty, I wouldn’t be surprised if this actually was the case. The show had an all-ages drag show the next day. If he was planning a shooting at this location, I’m sure he did some minor research on what would be happened and what kind of night it would be. That kiddie drag show is a smoking gun and a major trigger to MAGA gun nuts.

It’s a shame that they’ve played The Trans Who Called LITERAL MURDER card so many times that it desensitized people to the point where they’re only hoping it wasn’t a trans related attack because no one wants to give them the satisfaction of validating their unending and insufferable victim narrative.

by Anonymousreply 364November 20, 2022 4:47 PM

Looks like fun. Bring the kids and grandma- and teach them to read and shade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365November 20, 2022 4:53 PM

Club Q witness

Sad that these people have to live in fundie-land and now they're not even safe at a gay club

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366November 20, 2022 4:54 PM

[Quote]That kiddie drag show is a smoking gun and a major trigger to MAGA gun nuts.

And mentally ill TRAs wirh guns. They are no better than the MAGAts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367November 20, 2022 4:55 PM

R367 linked to a right-wing bigot who thinks anyone she doesn't like is "antifa"

by Anonymousreply 368November 20, 2022 4:57 PM

INCOMING GURLFRIEND!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369November 20, 2022 4:58 PM

I have problems with some of the trans agenda, and I say agenda for lack of a better term, and kids going to drag shows, but the more you anti-trans trolls pop up in this thread the more I'm heading towards becoming a militant promoter and thrower of drag brunches.

by Anonymousreply 370November 20, 2022 4:59 PM

Yes, r368, I had the trollina blocked already.

by Anonymousreply 371November 20, 2022 4:59 PM

Lauren Boebert weighs in

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372November 20, 2022 5:00 PM

I would like to hear his actual motive too r364, since this is a rare case when a mass shooter is still alive to talk about it.

Also, if I remember, and I do, the Pulse Club shooting turned out not to be FUNDY MUSLIM WANTS TO KILL GAY PEOPLE. It turned out to be something more impulsive than that, and the killer may not have even known it was a gay nightclub.

I don't know what this guy's motive will turn out to be, and maybe it is hate-filled homophobia. But I'd like to actually find out before deciding WHATITALLMEANS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373November 20, 2022 5:01 PM

Interview with a survivor:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374November 20, 2022 5:02 PM

Who is this highly sexualized drag for, the audience is Gay men, they aren’t getting turned on by this?

by Anonymousreply 375November 20, 2022 5:03 PM

[quote]It’s almost like someone wanted *something* to actually remember on Transgender Day of Remembrance.

[quote]"RIP to the humans"

[quote][R32] We humans refer to ourselves as "people". Or did I miss the memo from our alien overlords?

Grim news, sad day for the entire 2SLGBTQIA++ community, especially the TWoC (please donate🙏🏻), but nothing is ever so awful that we can’t have a laugh. I thank the above posters for their service.

by Anonymousreply 376November 20, 2022 5:04 PM

^^^ 2SLGBTQIA++

WTF?

by Anonymousreply 377November 20, 2022 5:06 PM

[quote]Who is this highly sexualized drag for, the audience is Gay men, they aren’t getting turned on by this?

They aren't sex shows, r375. It isn't about getting turned on by them, it's about being entertained. But you know that, troll.

by Anonymousreply 378November 20, 2022 5:09 PM

Lauren Boebert was one of the loudest voices stoking hatred against drag queens in Colorado. I wonder if she posts here?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379November 20, 2022 5:09 PM

Lauren Boebert is the real groomer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380November 20, 2022 5:10 PM

Wow. This brought back so much PTSD so quickly for me - suddenly remembered some details of the Pulse shooting I had buried, even just reading the thread title

I am so tired and weary of all the hate and violence. Will it ever end?

by Anonymousreply 381November 20, 2022 5:11 PM

R313 is extremely stupid.

by Anonymousreply 382November 20, 2022 5:13 PM

[quote]I have problems with some of the trans agenda, and I say agenda for lack of a better term, and kids going to drag shows, but the more you anti-trans trolls pop up in this thread the more I'm heading towards becoming a militant promoter and thrower of drag brunches.

What does drag brunch have to do with trans? Are you retarded?

by Anonymousreply 383November 20, 2022 5:15 PM

Did Boebert lose her re-election or is the recount ongoing?

by Anonymousreply 384November 20, 2022 5:19 PM

Her opponent conceded.

by Anonymousreply 385November 20, 2022 5:20 PM

r382 And you're hateful troll or an incest-surviving church lady with an obsession about other people's sexuality. Drag queen is not about sex for the people who actually do drag: gay men. Stop projecting your paraphilias onto us, pervert.

by Anonymousreply 386November 20, 2022 5:21 PM

It's getting conflated because (quoting WaPo) "Club Q was preparing to host a “drag brunch” event on Sunday to mark Transgender Day of Remembrance, according to a post on its Facebook page."

I guess straight reporters think either drag = trans or have just bought the narrative that everything bad that happens is about trans. I'm not quite sure the basis for the focus on trans is factual, based on what I've read, but it's 2022, it's all how we feel and identify, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 387November 20, 2022 5:21 PM

And that's just how I feel!

by Anonymousreply 388November 20, 2022 5:23 PM

Lauren Boebert argued people should wait until 21 to come out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389November 20, 2022 5:23 PM

I understand why straight reporters would get confused by why would posters on DL get confused, like the one quoted at R383? He honestly thought drag shows and drag brunches are a trans thing and not a gay thing.

by Anonymousreply 390November 20, 2022 5:25 PM

R389, does she think straight people should be virgins until they turn 21?

by Anonymousreply 391November 20, 2022 5:27 PM

Wait, why was the drag queen with Joshua delusional if no one knew what was going on?

by Anonymousreply 392November 20, 2022 5:29 PM

LAUREN! We will not organize our lives around your frivolous timetables! Maybe people should wait until their 21 before having affairs with their teachers.

by Anonymousreply 393November 20, 2022 5:31 PM

Has that evil fetid Nazi cunt Chaya Raichik called this a “false flag” attack yet?

by Anonymousreply 394November 20, 2022 5:33 PM

The suspect's name has been announced: Anderson Lee Aldrich.

He's been in trouble with threats, bombs, etc. before.

by Anonymousreply 395November 20, 2022 5:33 PM

[quote]I have problems with some of the trans agenda, and I say agenda for lack of a better term, and kids going to drag shows, but the more you anti-trans trolls pop up in this thread the more I'm heading towards becoming a militant promoter and thrower of drag brunches.

Merely having "problems with some of the trans agenda" makes you anti-trans anyway, according to DL's My Kind Of Gays™, who make the best and most enlightened citizens and Dataloungers.

by Anonymousreply 396November 20, 2022 5:34 PM

Anderson Lee Aldrich is a transsexual leftist illegal alien!!!

by Anonymousreply 397November 20, 2022 5:35 PM

R396 = butthurt Republican

by Anonymousreply 398November 20, 2022 5:36 PM

This is also my story. I was very hostile to trans activism, especially all the brouhaha following the Stonewall movie in 2015. But the more I saw from anti-trans people, the more I see these are my true enemies. I've also found that trans activism has become more moderate since the mid-2010s. Trans activists don't agitate against drag queens anymore -- it's the anti-trans who do. Just look at the people here. They're absolutely relishing what happened; they're calling queens NAMBLA on what should be a gay website. We can't compromise with these people anymore.

by Anonymousreply 399November 20, 2022 5:38 PM

I'm glad this pussy was beaten up by the patrons of a gay bar. That he has to spend the rest of his miserable, piece of shit life, in jail with the other inmates knowing that gays BEAT HIS ASS DOWN while he had several firearms at the ready. Hope they kicked the living shit out of him so he's good and ready for the cellblock where he will be spending the next 60-70 years

by Anonymousreply 400November 20, 2022 5:38 PM

R398 = a My Kind of Gay™! Not all angels have wings. Mwah 😘

by Anonymousreply 401November 20, 2022 5:39 PM

R399, do you believe that gay men have vaginas and that little kids who are "gender nonconforming" should be told they're trans?

by Anonymousreply 402November 20, 2022 5:40 PM

Why no picture of him? Is there a shortage of crisis actors? Have they used them all up already?

by Anonymousreply 403November 20, 2022 5:41 PM

Right-wingers don't want people to say this was a gay bar. Only they can bring attention to gay bars when they're inciting violence against them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404November 20, 2022 5:41 PM

R397, if he's transsexual and not transgender, then that makes him transphobic.

by Anonymousreply 405November 20, 2022 5:41 PM

Why don’t they just stop with this “all-ages” drag show shit? It’s not necessary and it’s only giving more ammo to the Lauren Boeberts and her ilk.

by Anonymousreply 406November 20, 2022 5:43 PM

r406 Go fuck yourself, troll.

by Anonymousreply 407November 20, 2022 5:45 PM

Suspect in Colorado LGBTQ club shooting that left 5 dead and 18 injured had a standoff with police last year after a bomb threat, reports say

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408November 20, 2022 5:46 PM

That's already been posted about 25 times, r408.

by Anonymousreply 409November 20, 2022 5:47 PM

R399, what the fuck are you even talking about? Drag queens and drag brunches have fuck all to do with anything trans.

by Anonymousreply 410November 20, 2022 5:48 PM

It’s awful people can’t buy groceries, go to the movies, go to school or even go out at night without being scared.

by Anonymousreply 411November 20, 2022 5:49 PM

R402, no one is forced to be trans. You sound like the homophobes who think kids are "groomed" to be gay

by Anonymousreply 412November 20, 2022 5:52 PM

Damn, and I thought I was evil and sick in the head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413November 20, 2022 5:54 PM

Thank you, r412, for reminding me why I have r402 blocked.

by Anonymousreply 414November 20, 2022 5:55 PM

Why the fuck did this turn into a gay/trans discussion? Five people are dead in a bar that caters to GLBT people. American society is sick with violence and guns and nothing is being done about it. Our politicians are useless. That's where the discussion should be.

by Anonymousreply 415November 20, 2022 5:55 PM

Is this him? He only has one friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416November 20, 2022 6:01 PM

"Horrific. America really really must do something about its gun control problem. This will never stop otherwise."

I am absolutely not deriding the poster who posted this. The sentiment is true.

But, it's a sentiment that is repeated ad nauseam after every shooting, yet nothing happens. In fact, it gets worse. So frustrating. Plus beyond the "gun control problem" there's the anger problem, the entitlement problem ("my life didn't work in the manner I believed I'm entitled to, society isn't how I believe it should be"), and all sorts of of other related problems.

by Anonymousreply 417November 20, 2022 6:04 PM

If they're not showing a picture of him, there's gotta be a reason. My guess is he's black, Hispanic, Oriental, or Muslim.

by Anonymousreply 418November 20, 2022 6:05 PM

R381, sending you good wishes. It does get so tiring sometimes. I just switch everything off and step back for a few days. Try to look after yourself.

by Anonymousreply 419November 20, 2022 6:06 PM

r416 The shooter's name is Aldrich, not Aldridge, troll.

by Anonymousreply 420November 20, 2022 6:07 PM

#374, this report said Joshua Thurman is a go-go dancer there. That tired old ashy queen is a dancer? Sounds like a dive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421November 20, 2022 6:07 PM

you may be correct R419

by Anonymousreply 422November 20, 2022 6:07 PM

Right-wingers are absolutely loving this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423November 20, 2022 6:09 PM

Different spelling, r416.

by Anonymousreply 424November 20, 2022 6:11 PM

He looks like the Kenosha killer.

by Anonymousreply 425November 20, 2022 6:16 PM

No death penalty in CO as of 2020, according to google.

by Anonymousreply 426November 20, 2022 6:17 PM

Ban gay clubs? They really want this to be Russia. No wonder they love Putin so much.

by Anonymousreply 427November 20, 2022 6:18 PM

Waukesha, r425. But I don't think that's the guy; wrong name.

by Anonymousreply 428November 20, 2022 6:18 PM

No, I mean Kyle Rittenhouse, the guy who killed multiple people in Kenosha.

by Anonymousreply 429November 20, 2022 6:21 PM

Ok, r429. Pardon my misunderstanding of your comment.

by Anonymousreply 430November 20, 2022 6:24 PM

r429

You're still wrong, cause we still haven't seen what the fucking killer looks like.

by Anonymousreply 431November 20, 2022 6:29 PM

Tell me again why I am supposed to vote for Repuglicans and that Christians are such kind people.

by Anonymousreply 432November 20, 2022 6:29 PM

[quote] Oriental,

1950s called, they want their racist terms back. Oh, and also to remind you that 1958 was the last year you got laid.

by Anonymousreply 433November 20, 2022 6:39 PM

You’re wrong, r433! Wrong, wrong, wrong! R418 has never gotten laid!

by Anonymousreply 434November 20, 2022 6:42 PM

That "person" is a troll who only joined in October, r423.

by Anonymousreply 435November 20, 2022 6:42 PM

DL always gets so stuck in the semantics of it all. I've been to small towns where there is one gay bar that serves the entire community. They have drag shows and brunches in the early hours which then turn to a more traditional gay dance club environment after 9 or 10pm. Most gay bars, with the exception of a few of the hole in the walls (usually in bigger cities) have Drag Race nights, etc. The hole in the walls are gay clubs b/c they purposely play explicit porn to discourage female invasion.

Forget that labels for a moment and just about Pulse or any fun night out on the town. You get a night out to dance, let loose, be free and then something like this happens. I hate how the term "safe space" has been diluted now primarily by Universities, but this is the one safe space where people can be themselves and it's so sad to see these lives taken.

by Anonymousreply 436November 20, 2022 6:45 PM

R323, Erickson's fellow mass shooter was transgender (a trans-identified female - I bet they didn't ask to be housed in a male prison, though).

[quote]Transgender teen sentenced to life in prison for deadly Colorado school shooting

[quote]DENVER (Reuters) - A Colorado transgender teenager who admitted to taking part in a shooting at a Denver-area charter school last year that left one student dead and eight others wounded was sentenced on Friday to life in prison plus an additional 38 years.

[quote]Alec McKinney, 17, was sentenced in Douglas County District Court for the shooting at the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) School in Highlands Ranch, Colorado, on May 7, 2019.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437November 20, 2022 6:48 PM

r436 The obsession with labels is intentional. There are people here who are determined to not let us discuss the main cause of the shooting, namely, the homophobic culture created by Republican operatives, whereby screaming "groomers" and inciting against drag queens are regarded as acts of "child protection". Now that this culture has resulted in a massacre, the trolls here are attempting to divert attention instead to trans people and "woke language" -- their strategy has usually worked here for years,

by Anonymousreply 438November 20, 2022 6:50 PM

[QUOTE] Can we perhaps wait until we know anything more than the absolute basics before we get into a mudfight about this? Ffs

You must be new here.

by Anonymousreply 439November 20, 2022 6:51 PM

We don't actually know the "main cause" of the shooting r438. It may indeed be what you say, but we don't actually know what the shooter was intending or how he was affected. We do know we have a gun nut culture that pretty much allows any maniac to get a powerful gun, and that of course is part of the why. But the specifics of why here and now, that still remains to be seen. Usually the shooter is dead and so that all becomes pure speculation, but in this case, we actually do have a chance to find out what the real motive was, and not just speculate about it.

by Anonymousreply 440November 20, 2022 6:59 PM

Oh no, what about THE CHILDREN?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441November 20, 2022 7:00 PM

R381, please take care of yourself. Sending you lots of hugs.

Side note: Christians ARE kind people, R432 but most that claim to be Christians are not.

Rule of thumb: if they’re loudly proclaiming that they are “Christian”, “saved” or a “warrior or soldier” of Christ, ignore them. Their words will never match their actions.

by Anonymousreply 442November 20, 2022 7:00 PM

r440 Police already said this was a hate attack. And gay venues have been under the crosshairs of the far-right all year long, thanks to DeSantis and Libsoftiktok.

by Anonymousreply 443November 20, 2022 7:02 PM

"[R429] You're still wrong, cause we still haven't seen what the fucking killer looks like."

It's my stupid mistake. Someone upthread posted a picture claiming it was the shooter and it WAS Kyle Rittenhouse. Going on memory, I thought "they" looked similar.

by Anonymousreply 444November 20, 2022 7:05 PM

I'm beginning to think this shit is a staged PSYOP. You mean to tell me no pictures of this guy have even leaked yet? He is 22 and had no online presence when kids these days would die rather than go without their phone for 5 minutes? Where are the screenshots from his social media profiles? Does this person really even exist?

by Anonymousreply 445November 20, 2022 7:06 PM

Thank you R291. Great post.

I have tons of issues with the trans community but to make this shooting about trans v drag v gay is sickening. These people died because of some right wing nut job. Can we focus on that? What's actually relevant.

Or we can go for galllows humor, a DL tradition. I'm all for the "WTC was insatiable bottom" type posts. But boring anti-trans shit? Come on. At least try and mitigate the tragedy with actual humor if you don't feel compelled to express sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 446November 20, 2022 7:09 PM

R445 you seem well.

You know that, given how fast info spreads, responsible media take time to verify before they publish

by Anonymousreply 447November 20, 2022 7:09 PM

r383 Are you? Anti-trans in this thread are also anti-drag. And anti-gay. But you know that, because you're a fucking troll. Please go get a gun, put the barrel in your mouth and shoot.

by Anonymousreply 448November 20, 2022 7:09 PM

R445 sounds like a QAnon “theory”.

by Anonymousreply 449November 20, 2022 7:09 PM

r445 You should kill yourself now, your mental disease is only bound to get worse.

by Anonymousreply 450November 20, 2022 7:10 PM

You must also have loved Pizzagate and Qanon r445. God what causes so many people to be batshit insane.

Five people are dead but you are more upset because this guy decides not to have a Facebook or Instagram account so we could pull pictures easier.

by Anonymousreply 451November 20, 2022 7:11 PM

R449 Then where are the people coming out of the woodwork saying "I knew this guy. He really WAS a piece of shit." I haven't seen that either. There is nothing on this "suspect" and it is weird to me. Perhaps because he's a fictional character?

by Anonymousreply 452November 20, 2022 7:12 PM

Chasten Buttigieg kicking Lauren right in the cunt:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453November 20, 2022 7:15 PM

Cue the Chasten/Petey Troll and his diaper changing/bathhouse posts.

by Anonymousreply 454November 20, 2022 7:17 PM

Should have used a hammer.

by Anonymousreply 455November 20, 2022 7:18 PM

R445 = a Chaya Raichik stan playing the “false flag” card. Entirely predictable.

by Anonymousreply 456November 20, 2022 7:23 PM

Did anyone shoot back?

by Anonymousreply 457November 20, 2022 7:23 PM

Oy vey. False flag? Anti-trans = anti-gay? Put a gun in your mouth and shoot?

Some of y’all need to log the fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 458November 20, 2022 7:29 PM

The guy is mentally ill. Already been in trouble with the law for threatening to blow up his mom with a homemade bomb. "was arrested in June 2021 for threatening his mother with “a homemade bomb, multiple weapons, and ammunition,”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459November 20, 2022 7:29 PM

Some news! Apparently the grandson of a GOP asshole.

[Quote]Heavy has confirmed that Aldrich is the grandson of outgoing Republican state Rep. Randy Aldrich, the former mayor of Santee, California. There were calls to expel Voepel from the state Assembly, after he made comments comparing the January 6 attacks to the Revolutionary War. Aldrich’s mother, Laura Voepel, has written posts praising Randy Voepel on Facebook and confirming he is her father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460November 20, 2022 7:30 PM

Why would they falseflag an attack and only kill 5 people? That's not going to stick in the news long, sad to say.

by Anonymousreply 461November 20, 2022 7:30 PM

R83

Black women go missing every day and it's not reported. Shut your white gay tears up. You are not as oppressed as you pretend you are.

by Anonymousreply 462November 20, 2022 7:32 PM

Time for you R458 to die fucker.

by Anonymousreply 463November 20, 2022 7:32 PM

Get a gun (easy) go to any Republican event and open fire. FAIR IS FAIR.

by Anonymousreply 464November 20, 2022 7:33 PM

R90

White gay men should definitely be at the bottom : )

by Anonymousreply 465November 20, 2022 7:34 PM

What a family

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466November 20, 2022 7:34 PM

Really interesting. So this kid was awash in right wing bullshit for years from his dear mommy and grandpa. Big surprise. Republican extremism again.

by Anonymousreply 467November 20, 2022 7:35 PM

Kill them all.

by Anonymousreply 468November 20, 2022 7:36 PM

r458 You're right. That was completely and totally uncalled for and I came to apologize to that poster. It was out of bounds and I sounded like the exact people I am so angry at. Completely uncalled for and I do apologize. This whole thing just sent me over the edge. Those poor people had one place- one- to be themselves and now people are dead and the others have nowhere to go.

by Anonymousreply 469November 20, 2022 7:38 PM

Agreed, kill them all.

by Anonymousreply 470November 20, 2022 7:38 PM

[quote]I have tons of issues with the trans community but to make this shooting about trans v drag v gay is sickening. These people died because of some right wing nut job. Can we focus on that? What's actually relevant.

What a fucking drama queen you are. No one is doing this. People are speculating as to what the asshole was thinking.

And, he isn't mentally ill. He's a fucking evil piece of shit. All this mentally ill talk only happens when the shooter is a young white male. Being violent is that group's standard of behvior. This one was just evil and they let him have a gun.

by Anonymousreply 471November 20, 2022 7:43 PM

The alleged grandpa, big fan of Jan 6

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472November 20, 2022 7:43 PM

Traitors to our country.

by Anonymousreply 473November 20, 2022 7:44 PM

r204 Awww. It's always been bullshit, ignorance and confirmation bias, but it's past time to shove that old canard up your prolapsed rectum.

by Anonymousreply 474November 20, 2022 7:47 PM

r466

What's the source for that pic?

by Anonymousreply 475November 20, 2022 7:48 PM

they are not calling it a gay club, most news outlets use LGBTQ club in their reports.

by Anonymousreply 476November 20, 2022 7:50 PM

He obvious mistakes a grimace for a smile, r472.

by Anonymousreply 477November 20, 2022 7:51 PM

^obviously

by Anonymousreply 478November 20, 2022 7:52 PM

It's from the heavy article at 460, which is from the Mom's facebook R475.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479November 20, 2022 7:52 PM

R471, the kid’s a nut. Did you miss the report about how he made a bomb and threatened to blow up his mother with it? Come on now. No one is saying that JUSTIFIES what he did or that ONLY white people should get to plead insanity. We’re just stating what’s obvious. What is with some of you people?

by Anonymousreply 480November 20, 2022 7:55 PM

I know r480. Somehow we've gone from, what do we do about crazy people with access to guns to "Nobody must ever, ever, ever mention mental illness or it means nobody has to follow any laws."

by Anonymousreply 481November 20, 2022 8:01 PM

R480 are you kidding here? he is not mentally ill, he is a violent young man like thousands of others locked in the prison now, black or white!

by Anonymousreply 482November 20, 2022 8:01 PM

There isn't a single mass murderer who is/was right in the head...

by Anonymousreply 483November 20, 2022 8:02 PM

It's just very noticeable that people want to use mental illness when it is a white person committing crimes r480. When it is a black or arab person committing crimes I see a lot of racist "those people" are violent rather than mental illness.

(Of course this kid isn't right in the head, a lot of crime comes from people who are mentally ill)

by Anonymousreply 484November 20, 2022 8:05 PM

R466 Where’s the diversity? Outrageous.

by Anonymousreply 485November 20, 2022 8:09 PM

violent people making "outrageous" threats all the time, burn your house down, skin you alive, run you over then burn your body... if you think they need to go through those acts to prove they are not nuts and they mean the business, then you are nuts!

by Anonymousreply 486November 20, 2022 8:09 PM

AOC joins the pile-on against former sex worker Congresswoman Lauren Boebert.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487November 20, 2022 8:10 PM

I'm NOT a sex worker, I'm a whore.

by Anonymousreply 488November 20, 2022 8:12 PM

The person doing all the posts saying the killer had to be non-white knows what he's saying is bullshit. Firstly, the idea that American police would be withholding information in order to protect the good image of their beloved POC is laughable. Police are right-wing and Trumpian. Secondly, information about mass shooters and other perpetrators of sensational crimes don't often come out immediately and at once, and the delay for this crime was no more than usual. We need to understand one thing, we're not just dealing with tons of right-wingers here, but with disinformation agents and trolls. They're not earnest, they're actually having a laugh while trying to distract us about the GOP angle to this crime.

by Anonymousreply 489November 20, 2022 8:14 PM

These people are a mess.

[quote]Leslie Bowman said in an interview that the frightening 2021 incident took place at her home, where she had been renting a spare room to Mr. Aldrich’s mother, Laura Voepel. Ms. Bowman said she was away from the house during the 2021 incident.

[quote]“His mom had called me and said, ‘Don’t come home right now, there are some people looking for Andy,’” Ms. Bowman recalled, using Mr. Aldrich’s nickname.

[quote]Two days after the incident, Ms. Bowman arranged to have Ms. Voepel move out of her home. “Once she was gone, I changed the code on the door, and I never saw or heard from her again,” Ms. Bowman said.

[quote]But about a month ago, she said, the police visited Ms. Bowman and said they were looking for Ms. Voepel to check on her welfare, though Ms. Bowman did not know why.

[quote]Ms. Bowman said she believed that Mr. Aldrich had been living nearby in a house with his grandparents while Ms. Voepel was renting the room. He would sometimes visit his mother and watch movies with her.

[quote]Ms. Bowman also remembered that Mr. Aldrich appeared to have an “aggressive side,” and recalled one instance in which his mother had a complaint about a repair issue in the bathroom. Mr. Aldrich slammed a door in Ms. Bowman’s face in anger over the incident, she said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490November 20, 2022 8:16 PM

[quote] Firstly, the idea that American police would be withholding information in order to protect the good image of their beloved POC is laughable.

R489 did you just wake up from a 10-year coma?

by Anonymousreply 491November 20, 2022 8:16 PM

I'm really getting tired of our people being killed. Fucking breeders. We gotta get rid of them if we are to survive.

by Anonymousreply 492November 20, 2022 8:21 PM

Just another gay club with no security for its patrons. Don t take a knife to a gun fight. These clubs need to be prepared.

by Anonymousreply 493November 20, 2022 8:22 PM

also it's not to protect the good image, the police and the media don't want to reinforce the stereotype of a particular group or groups of people being violent, regardless of whether the stereotype holds truth or not.

by Anonymousreply 494November 20, 2022 8:22 PM

Think it through, r492. "Let's get rid of all breeders so we can survive." Think about it.

by Anonymousreply 495November 20, 2022 8:23 PM

Why do some of you think you need to be mentally ill to commit horrendous acts of violence? That's delusional. Do you live in fantasyland? He's an evil, violent piece of shit. You are excusing his deliberate, planned actions by calling him mentally ill. The vast, vast majority of mentally ill people are not violent. Straight white incel males are by their very nature violent. Their violence keeps getting excused. That's what needs to stop.

by Anonymousreply 496November 20, 2022 8:24 PM

I lived in Denver for several years and I loved it dearly. But it started getting flooded with californians and texans ,the cost of rents soared,and the laid back friendliness disappeared. I have a few friends still living there,but they are all planning to leave. Crime has soared,and the media doesnt cover it lest they give Denver a negative rep. Colo Springs has ALWAYS been an uptight shithole ,as is Golden . I have wonderful memories of my time in Colorado,but I will never go back . The politics have been steadily changing for years,getting far less tolerant and accepting. Sad,it really was a wonderful place at one time and the gays were very much a voice there. No more.

by Anonymousreply 497November 20, 2022 8:25 PM

r491 Kill yourself, troll. There was no Trump 10 years ago; we saw plenty of Trumpism in US police departments since then.

by Anonymousreply 498November 20, 2022 8:26 PM

You know the killer has to be white because he would've been shot dead at the scene if he wasn't. They wouldn't be taking him in to ask "Why did you do what you did? Were you hurting?"

by Anonymousreply 499November 20, 2022 8:28 PM

R497 Andrew Neighbors is from Denver.

by Anonymousreply 500November 20, 2022 8:29 PM

Christofascist domestic terrorism. Remember in 2024, when Repuglicans talk about CRT and white replacement theory and other distractions, that the Dem DOJ is the only thing stopping them from wiping all of us out.

by Anonymousreply 501November 20, 2022 8:30 PM

You don't need to be r496. You can just be a complete asshole. But that is why more information is needed. Why exactly did this guy threaten to blow up his mother's house along with himself and his mother? Was that a rational crime, or something else? Why did he target this club? Was that rational, or was something else going on?

And none of the answers to these questions mean, oh, well, let him just get away with it. That is not the point.

by Anonymousreply 502November 20, 2022 8:31 PM

This cute twink was killed. Damn, this is getting real.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503November 20, 2022 8:34 PM

[quote]All this mentally ill talk only happens when the shooter is a young white male.

Absolutely not, and especially with that Wisconsin Christmas parade massacre, and Datalounge was cheering and laughing on the perp. That thread was disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 504November 20, 2022 8:35 PM

R499 The Waukesha killer, the Brooklyn subway shooter, and most recently the killer of those Virginia football players all black and all taken into custody. In reality, police regularly arrest violent offenders of all races.

by Anonymousreply 505November 20, 2022 8:42 PM

how lovely. A German-American far right white nationalist homophobic family from grandpa to the ugly shithead shooter grandson

by Anonymousreply 506November 20, 2022 8:42 PM

R500 Andrew Neighbors is from Arkansas, he lived in Denver and LA, but doesn’t live in either now.

by Anonymousreply 507November 20, 2022 8:45 PM

THIS WILL NOT STOP UNTIL THE GOP IS TAKEN DOWN. They spread and normalize hate speech and legislate to keep guns in the hands of lunatics. That is what they do. That is who they are.

by Anonymousreply 508November 20, 2022 8:48 PM

with the House about to flip and not a big enough majority in the Senate, we're definitely not getting any more gun legislation for at least 2 years.

so we can look forward to more mass shootings. oh joy

stupid ass hetero white Americans really are holding us back from progress with their backwards idiotic voting decisions

by Anonymousreply 509November 20, 2022 8:52 PM

Shooters always have domestic violence on their records or in their history. A lot of times, it's an ex or girls in school. For this loser, it was his mommy. Fucking pathetic tinymeats. DESPISE every last one of them!

by Anonymousreply 510November 20, 2022 8:53 PM

R508 You tell 'em, sister!

You beat that drum while I bang the tamborines!

by Anonymousreply 511November 20, 2022 8:56 PM

There always seems a real need here to tie everything to politics - right and left. While they may be contributing factors in terms of stance on social issues contributing to an already hostile environment like deeply conservative area, the bottom line is that gays and the LG(B)T community is always the "less than" community no matter how much progress we make. We are at the bottom of the totem pole. For those all of us lucky enough to live in a bright blue bubble where sexuality is not an issues, there are still closeted kids, there are still kids who get kicked out of their homes for being gay, there are still violent attacks on gays and hatreds toward the community. This is just in the US forget about the atrocities worldwide.

What's the saying, "being gay is not for pussies" but that extends to being anything different that is outside of main stream, especially where sexuality and gender are involved. Progress has been made over the years and it can be very easy to delude ones self that we have made it, but that was very recent. No party supported gay marriage until Biden stepped in based on what I've read here so recollections may vary.

by Anonymousreply 512November 20, 2022 8:57 PM

That does always seem to be a huge red flag, pretty much every time r510. And this is disturbing:

[quote]According to a June 2021 news release from the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office, an Anderson Lee Aldrich was arrested that month on charges of felony menacing and first-degree kidnapping.

[quote]Sheriff’s deputies responded to a report by the man’s mother that he was “threatening to cause harm to her with a homemade bomb, multiple weapons, and ammunition,” according to the release. Deputies called the suspect, and he “refused to comply with orders to surrender,” the release said, leading them to evacuate nearby homes.

[quote]Several hours after the initial police call, the sheriff’s crisis negotiations unit was able to get Aldrich to leave the house, and he was arrested after walking out the front door. Authorities did not find any explosives in the home.

[quote]It was not immediately clear how the case was resolved.

I would really, really like to know how this case was resolved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513November 20, 2022 8:58 PM

I'll beat your R511 head in with a hammer.

by Anonymousreply 514November 20, 2022 9:00 PM

[quote]You are excusing his deliberate, planned actions by calling him mentally ill.

No—we really, really aren’t.

by Anonymousreply 515November 20, 2022 9:02 PM

They let the violent, domestic abuser off the hook with a light slap on the wrist is what they did, R513. Then this morning, he showed up at Club Q in body armor with three firearms, killed five people and wounded 18.

by Anonymousreply 516November 20, 2022 9:03 PM

Looks like a trans-identified female on hormones, r503.

by Anonymousreply 517November 20, 2022 9:06 PM

That may be true r516. We are talking about a violent (or to be fair, everyone thought violent) kidnapping of the guy's own mother about a year and a half ago, and the guy is walking around free. Why? Was he literally just let go? No trial, no nothing? Would love to know.

by Anonymousreply 518November 20, 2022 9:06 PM

Speaking of Colorado hatemongers...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519November 20, 2022 9:07 PM

Conservatives are never held accountable for their actions.

by Anonymousreply 520November 20, 2022 9:07 PM

Bbest to wait till the facts come out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521November 20, 2022 9:09 PM

Yup, a trans-identified female with breast removal marks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522November 20, 2022 9:12 PM

The FBI proved that wrong, R521.

by Anonymousreply 523November 20, 2022 9:13 PM

And the wife was also proven to be a liar.

by Anonymousreply 524November 20, 2022 9:14 PM

Did they r523? When? Any link?

by Anonymousreply 525November 20, 2022 9:14 PM

Under Investigations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526November 20, 2022 9:19 PM

News report on BBC news says it comes on the 'eve of anti trans violence day'.

EVERYTHING is about the trans these days.

by Anonymousreply 527November 20, 2022 9:20 PM

^ Well, you go out of your way to pick on trans people, so...

by Anonymousreply 528November 20, 2022 9:22 PM

not really

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529November 20, 2022 9:29 PM

R525 I think he means that the FBI found no evidence the shooting was motivated by homophobia (a bit confusing as it sounds like he's responding to the article headline).

by Anonymousreply 530November 20, 2022 9:30 PM

It was pure homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 531November 20, 2022 9:33 PM

But the FBI a strong and rich history of homophobia and anti-Semitism, so don’t count on them.

by Anonymousreply 532November 20, 2022 9:33 PM

Colorado is actually a gun friendly state (compared to California, Washington, and soon to be Oregon at least)

Why weren't gays packing heat?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533November 20, 2022 9:37 PM

I've been to many a drag show. Some have sexual innuendo; others have none at all.

In fact, during Family Week in Ptown, when there are a ton of kids, the drag queens there have no obscene language in their shows.

So fuck you to the trolls who keep pushing that ALL drag is sexual and that normalizing such sexuality will corrupt kids forever--it's noting more than an attempt to justify the violence aimed at drag lately

by Anonymousreply 534November 20, 2022 9:38 PM

I know, and I suspect they know r534. A lot of drag is over-the-top sexual, and that's a big part of the joke, but the thing is it doesn't have to be. Some drag queen reading a storybook to kids at a library isn't telling the same jokes.

by Anonymousreply 535November 20, 2022 9:40 PM

I think it is time we start personally suing any government representative who speaks discriminatory words against a group, then hate-crimes against said group(s) happen in their districts. I don't know how winnable such a strategy would be, but they asses need to be dragged up and down the courthouse to learn a lesson.

by Anonymousreply 536November 20, 2022 9:41 PM

R529, the right is lying that Pulse killer Omar Mateen had any connection whatsoever to ISIS. Sure he said alot of crap like "I'm from ISIS" and blah blah blah--but he was also mentally off and had no know real connection to ISIS at all.

by Anonymousreply 537November 20, 2022 9:44 PM

R529 maybe try a non-rightwing publication to push your BS

by Anonymousreply 538November 20, 2022 9:44 PM

Could everybody please stop begging to live in a police state? Everybody. I get the sentiment r536, but you know what, I prefer the First Amendment. Although I bet I hate the same people you hate, I would hope that every single lawsuit like that is thrown out in ten minutes.

by Anonymousreply 539November 20, 2022 9:45 PM

Perhaps the meemaws on here ought to start with the pedos and groomers in their churches, at little Brayydoxen's boy scout meeting, little Anusleigh's dance/cheer group, and sly, drunken uncle Steve before they start to come for drag shows. Which types of places/things would your little Brayydoxen and Anusleigh be around more often? Doubtful it would be drag.

by Anonymousreply 540November 20, 2022 9:47 PM

R529, that's hilarious with Glenn Greenwald and other BSer claiming " It's been proven that it wasn't a hate crime!!"

NONE of that was proven

by Anonymousreply 541November 20, 2022 9:47 PM

[quote]I know, and I suspect they know [R534]. A lot of drag is over-the-top sexual, and that's a big part of the joke, but the thing is it doesn't have to be. Some drag queen reading a storybook to kids at a library isn't telling the same jokes.

And that can be said of any performer, especially comedians. They know their audience and modulate effectively.

Whenever I saw Rosie ODonnell or Joan Rivers on TV, their comedy was absolutely G rated. When you saw them in a club, it was R

by Anonymousreply 542November 20, 2022 9:50 PM

The Pulse massacre was a hate crime.

by Anonymousreply 543November 20, 2022 9:50 PM

So what are you saying r541? That there is no proof, so we should declare it a hate crime because we want it to be? Why?

by Anonymousreply 544November 20, 2022 9:51 PM

[quote]the kid’s a nut. Did you miss the report about how he made a bomb and threatened to blow up his mother with it? Come on now. No one is saying that JUSTIFIES what he did or that ONLY white people should get to plead insanity. We’re just stating what’s obvious. What is with some of you people?

Every mass shooter is a nut, but we only use that for white killers. We blame all of Islam if it's a Muslim killer and immigration laws if it's an illegal. We get the "all black men are violent" crap if it's a black killer. Only for white ones do we START with "He seems mentally imbalanced."

by Anonymousreply 545November 20, 2022 9:53 PM

Gays were targeted, R544, blown away by over a 100.

by Anonymousreply 546November 20, 2022 9:53 PM

[quote]Only for white ones do we START with "He seems mentally imbalanced.

False.

by Anonymousreply 547November 20, 2022 9:54 PM

[quote]The Pulse massacre was a hate crime.

Not according to the right. In fact, right after the massacre, not a single GOPer would even say "gay club."

by Anonymousreply 548November 20, 2022 9:54 PM

R547, give me an example of a white killer we didn't use that for? One where we blamed Christianity as a whole?

by Anonymousreply 549November 20, 2022 9:54 PM

Why do you care what extremists think, R548.

by Anonymousreply 550November 20, 2022 9:55 PM

R521, there was some evidence that Mateen had actually been to the club before actually.

by Anonymousreply 551November 20, 2022 9:56 PM

[quote] Perhaps the meemaws on here ought to start with the pedos and groomers in their churches

Plenty of handcuffs for everybody. These cuffs don't discriminate.

The simpleminded fallacy of the faux "either or" dilemma doesn't work.

by Anonymousreply 552November 20, 2022 9:56 PM

[quote]Why do you care what extremists think,

Hmmm..perhaps because they have half the country's political power....

by Anonymousreply 553November 20, 2022 9:57 PM

"There is nothing on this "suspect" and it is weird to me."

Why? You're not familiar with 400 lb. adult incels who stay with family, don't work, live on the internet and play video games all day?

by Anonymousreply 554November 20, 2022 9:57 PM

Put down all straight white teen males and 90% of mass shootings in Murica would be a thing of the past. Of course that means 99% of DLs wank material would be eradicated.

by Anonymousreply 555November 20, 2022 9:58 PM

Did he try to blow up his mother?

by Anonymousreply 556November 20, 2022 9:58 PM

[quote][R547], give me an example of a white killer we didn't use that for? One where we blamed Christianity as a whole?

The Parkland shooting, the Pittsburgh shooting, the Charleston shooting.

by Anonymousreply 557November 20, 2022 9:59 PM

Someone start "Part 2" thread, STAT

by Anonymousreply 558November 20, 2022 10:00 PM

[quote]Hmmm..perhaps because they have half the country's political power....

Extremists do? I think you’re on the Internet too much.

by Anonymousreply 559November 20, 2022 10:02 PM

How is R555 not crazy? Is he WWing himself? I hope so.

by Anonymousreply 560November 20, 2022 10:03 PM

Boebert has just deleted her anti-drag tweets. This is how you can tell these extremist Republicans don't believe the things they shout the world about, they're just after short-term advantage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561November 20, 2022 10:07 PM

[quote]The Parkland shooting, the Pittsburgh shooting, the Charleston shooting.

When did anyone blame Christianity as a whole for those? For each one, the shooter was first thought of as being mentally imbalanced just like all the other white mass killers.

When everyone finally linked it to white supremacy, that connection could not be denied. They have never taken it a step further to the connection between white supremacy and evangelical christianity

by Anonymousreply 562November 20, 2022 10:09 PM

I guess there’s difference between “anti-LGBT” and anti-trans”, reading that AOC person’s tweet.

by Anonymousreply 563November 20, 2022 10:10 PM

It's right wing politicians still "othering" gays and how we are groomers and you "Don't Say Gay" that leads directly to these directed killings.

We saw the same in Russia, The second Putin passed his version of "Dont Say Gay," hate crimes against LGBT went up to record levels.

by Anonymousreply 564November 20, 2022 10:11 PM

[quote]When did anyone blame Christianity as a whole for those?

Absolutely, here on Datalounge. There are over 16K+ threads devoted to Christianity here, there are 3K about Islam. You are just a crazy, white, far left gay guy who is extreme, obnoxious and loud and exhausting and needs to fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 565November 20, 2022 10:12 PM

There are 16K threads implying that Christianity leads to mass murder r565? Wow. But answer the actual question. Did anybody, anybody at all, say the Parkland shooting means Christianity is evil and is the direct cause of that shooting? Do you think it may have been more about guns and our whole gun nut culture? Do you think people might have been talking just a little bit more about that? Or do you honestly think it was really turned into a whole thing about destroying Christianity as a danger? Think carefully.

by Anonymousreply 566November 20, 2022 10:15 PM

[quote]Absolutely, here on Datalounge. There are over 16K+ threads devoted to Christianity here, there are 3K about Islam. You are just a crazy, white, far left gay guy who is extreme, obnoxious and loud and exhausting and needs to fuck off.

You can count the number of threads on a specific topic? That's what I call BULL SHIT

by Anonymousreply 567November 20, 2022 10:16 PM

[quote]Absolutely, here on Datalounge. There are over 16K+ threads devoted to Christianity here, there are 3K about Islam. You are just a crazy, white, far left gay guy who is extreme, obnoxious and loud and exhausting and needs to fuck off.

If "far left" means treat people with dignity and stop scapegoating for a hateful political agenda, I'll stay far left

by Anonymousreply 568November 20, 2022 10:16 PM

Yes^.

by Anonymousreply 569November 20, 2022 10:17 PM

[quote]If "far left" means treat people with dignity and stop scapegoating for a hateful political agenda, I'll stay far left

That’s not you. At all.

by Anonymousreply 570November 20, 2022 10:17 PM

R560 I W&W him because it's technically true - and funny because DL does love to wank senselessly about straight men.

by Anonymousreply 571November 20, 2022 10:23 PM

[quote]That’s not you. At all.

As if you know me, you shitty Russian vodka-soaked troll.

Now just go suck your master Putin's balls/

by Anonymousreply 572November 20, 2022 10:23 PM

Don't worry, the right will quickly come up with a narrative that this massacre wasn't a hate crime at all. He randomly picked the club or his gun went off accidentally or ISIS told him to do it or the police didn't act in time....or blah blah blah.

The right will do everything to shift the blame off it's own words and actions and blame everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 573November 20, 2022 10:25 PM

Has any right wing politician called this a "gay" club yet?

by Anonymousreply 574November 20, 2022 10:26 PM

[quote]Did he try to blow up his mother?

he did and the police didn't seem to care.

by Anonymousreply 575November 20, 2022 10:28 PM

The victim that has so far been identified was a transman (i.e. biological female) who worked behind the bar. This was TQ+ bar, not a gay bar.

by Anonymousreply 576November 20, 2022 10:33 PM

Okay, technically (and I'm being a stickler bitch because I think we really need to at this point) but anyway, technically, he claimed to have explosives that he never had, and claimed that he would blow up his mother and her house. Apparently there were no explosives, but still ... Then he was arrested, and then ... Well, that is what I would really like to know. Any prosecution? Anything at all? Community service? Anything? Did he at least have to clean up a park? Pick up some dog shit? Nothing?

by Anonymousreply 577November 20, 2022 10:34 PM

R576, It's actually a bar welcoming to all LGBTQ. It just happens to be Trans Awareness Week so it was hosting trans events

by Anonymousreply 578November 20, 2022 10:36 PM

I don't know that that makes anything a TQ+ bar. A trans was behind the bar. Okay. That used to be a gay bar. Honestly, I'm not sure what a trans bar even is. Nobody but trans allowed? That is not going to last very long.

by Anonymousreply 579November 20, 2022 10:36 PM

R579 are only gay men allowed in gay bars? You can’t be that stupid.

by Anonymousreply 580November 20, 2022 10:38 PM

Don't think there are enough trans to have a bar just devoted all the time to trans.

This is an all LGBTQ bar in Colorado Springs, where there aren't enough of any of the individual letter to just have a bar devoted to that.

by Anonymousreply 581November 20, 2022 10:38 PM

[QUOTE] I don't know that that makes anything a TQ+ bar.

There is no such animal R579. These types of places are mostly gay men, with the rest being made up of hags and lesbians. Trans are at most 5% of the patrons, if that.

by Anonymousreply 582November 20, 2022 10:38 PM

If only r580, but no. That is not the point. How would you describe a trans bar? What is that in your mind?

by Anonymousreply 583November 20, 2022 10:39 PM

[quote]The victim that has so far been identified was a transman (i.e. biological female) who worked behind the bar. This was TQ+ bar, not a gay bar.

"Transman (ie. biological female)"? Asshole troll contribution to the thread.

by Anonymousreply 584November 20, 2022 10:39 PM

[quote]transman (i.e. biological female)

Where's the lie?

by Anonymousreply 585November 20, 2022 10:43 PM

Seriously people it's Colorado Springs not NY. There aren't bars that specialize in different types of people. Small cities like that have one bar for the umbrella of queer folks that is the lynchpin for the entire community.

by Anonymousreply 586November 20, 2022 10:44 PM

Trans and gays aren't the same thing, r586. It's an artificial "community".

by Anonymousreply 587November 20, 2022 10:46 PM

[quote]Trans and gays aren't the same thing, [R586]. It's an artificial "community".

It's a community borne from the fact that the same people in power hate us all

by Anonymousreply 588November 20, 2022 10:47 PM

Well done to the muscle queens who brought down the shooter.

by Anonymousreply 589November 20, 2022 10:47 PM

R586, even in NYC it would be hard to have a bar just for gay women that didn't have to publicly state that it was welcoming to heterosexual men and that all female patrons had to be personally welcoming to heterosexual men.

by Anonymousreply 590November 20, 2022 10:48 PM

[quote]Trans and gays aren't the same thing, [R586]. It's an artificial "community".

People of Mexican and Peruvian origin aren't the same either but you call them the same term.

Blacks from California and from Mississippi aren't the same but you use the same term.

Koreans and Indians aren't the same, but they have a common term

by Anonymousreply 591November 20, 2022 10:49 PM

[quote]Where's the lie?

You, Vlad, are the real lie here

by Anonymousreply 592November 20, 2022 10:49 PM

"This was TQ+ bar, not a gay bar."

Then why did they have male go-go dancers?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593November 20, 2022 10:50 PM

What did you think the Q stood for in Club Q?

It was a queer club.

by Anonymousreply 594November 20, 2022 10:51 PM

r593, the right wing maggot just wrote that it's a TQ+ bar to make us think gays weren't targeted and that it's fine trans were slaughtered.

by Anonymousreply 595November 20, 2022 10:52 PM

You are right r591, but it actually shows how arbitrary a lot of this stuff is. The most artificial term in the U.S. and Europe these days is probably "Asians." It is completely arbitrary, but people will actually use it about themselves and try to invent some identity based on it. It is is kind interesting in its way.

And now the thread can die, cause we are getting into some interesting stuff.

by Anonymousreply 596November 20, 2022 10:52 PM

Colorado Springs '69

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597November 20, 2022 10:52 PM

'This was TQ+ bar, not a gay bar."

No, it wasn't. Nobody in Colorado even knows that dumb phrase let alone sets up a club to cater for it.

by Anonymousreply 598November 20, 2022 10:53 PM

BORISSSSSSSSS!

by Anonymousreply 599November 20, 2022 10:53 PM

A trans bar is trans own and operated and frequented primarily by trans.

by Anonymousreply 600November 20, 2022 10:54 PM

I guess the shooter deliberately targeted the trans in the crowd and shot at them first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601November 20, 2022 10:54 PM

Many trans hate same-sex attracted people and hate when we just use the word gay, r588.

R591, those people don't use the same term for themselves and aren't force yoked with each other. They're allowed to refer to themselves with a single full me, not a higgledy-piggledy acronym.

by Anonymousreply 602November 20, 2022 10:54 PM

[quote] This was TQ+ bar, not a gay bar.

How many of you have been to this bar?

I have. It was the lone gay bar in the Springs. It was pretty much set up for everyone.

There is no way this wasn’t a targeted attack. It isn’t on a major street, and you really have to know where you are going.

by Anonymousreply 603November 20, 2022 10:56 PM

I was wondering if we had any posters who had actually been there. Thanks r603.

by Anonymousreply 604November 20, 2022 10:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!