Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mountain lion (probably P-22) attacks and kills chihuahua in front of dog walker in Hollywood Hills

RIP Piper

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 10, 2022 2:12 AM

Dog walker must be brand-new to Earth.

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2022 6:36 PM

Is the dog walker really to blame? The owners should have known better than to have a tiny dog in that part of Los Angeles. It’s like having a small dog in Florida and living next to a golf course.

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2022 6:39 PM

Team P22

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2022 6:39 PM

Poor Piper.

She's probably Puma Poo by now.

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2022 6:40 PM

Excellent point, R2.

by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2022 6:43 PM

Ruh-roh! P-22 is back in the news.

Last Friday night, he tried to snatch another Chihuahua mix as it was being walked in a Silver Lake neighborhood (north of reservoir), but the owner was able to fight him off. Then, on Tuesday night, there was a stare-down with a 70 lb. pit-mix & its owner, as the man exited his car/garage upon returning home. That was in the Hollywood Hills, northwest of Lake Hollywood. (not the same neighborhood as Piper, the Chihuhua)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 8, 2022 4:30 PM

The stare-down incident.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 8, 2022 4:32 PM

Chihuahuas don’t need to be walked. They’re so small they get enough exercise running around a house.

by Anonymousreply 8December 8, 2022 4:43 PM

Time to relocate the the poor thing to the Angeles National Forest.

by Anonymousreply 9December 8, 2022 4:45 PM

Once a predator realizes how easy it is to find and kill prey associated by human intrusion, it will be hard to stop this.

Cougars, coyotes and even wolves are becoming acclimated to encroachment.

by Anonymousreply 10December 8, 2022 4:51 PM

Chihuahuas are annoying so nothing was lost

by Anonymousreply 11December 8, 2022 4:53 PM

[quote]Once a predator realizes how easy it is to find and kill prey associated by human intrusion, it will be hard to stop this.

This is why they always kill lions and other predators that attack and kill humans. Once they start doing it, it's almost impossible to stop them.

This will continue until that animal goes after a child, like the coyote in the other video. Except it won't drop the kid like the coyote did.

by Anonymousreply 12December 8, 2022 5:04 PM

Good interview with Jeff Sikich, the NPS biologist studying L.A.'s lions, following the attack on Piper a couple weeks ago. It addresses questions like, "Why don't you just move him?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2022 5:27 PM

nasty pussy!

by Anonymousreply 14December 8, 2022 5:48 PM

Sssshhh, R14, you'll summon Cheryl.

by Anonymousreply 15December 8, 2022 5:53 PM

Exactly, R12! A dingo got my baby!!

- Meryl

by Anonymousreply 16December 8, 2022 6:15 PM

My chihuahua is the sweetest dog I've ever owned so this story sucks.

by Anonymousreply 17December 8, 2022 6:18 PM

Chihuahuas taste like tacos. They are irresistible.

by Anonymousreply 18December 8, 2022 6:26 PM

That's a bony little meal. P-22 should've hit up The Eagle bar around the corner and gotten himself a succulent bear.

by Anonymousreply 19December 8, 2022 6:30 PM

P-22 quería Taco Bell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 8, 2022 10:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 8, 2022 10:27 PM

Doing What is Best for P-22

"We must recognize when the limits of this unconnected space have been reached, and take action to ensure the well-being of P-22 and the community"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 8, 2022 11:05 PM

^^

[quote]"This is an emotional time for many. It’s an emotional time for me. P-22 transformed my life, and the lives of so many others. He has been an inspiration and will continue to be. I want what is best for P-22 and I know we all share that goal. It’s a difficult decision but the right one. He can’t change his circumstances because we humans did not create a safe and connected world for wildlife with our deadly freeways. But we have the ability to help him. We owe him another option in this next phase of his life. And to honor his legacy we owe all wildlife more crossings so another P-22 doesn’t happen."

MARY!! And also....I'm sitting here wiping away a few tears.

by Anonymousreply 23December 8, 2022 11:11 PM

That's not a common mountain lion, or even a normal earthly animal. It's a Sufferer.

That dog-walker may have more trouble or peril or change coming his way than just a dead dog.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 8, 2022 11:23 PM

The owners are complete morons. Taking a little dog where there can be mountain lions and coyotes. I feel bad for this little dog. This little dog had an abusive life, with people who could care less about them.

by Anonymousreply 25December 8, 2022 11:29 PM

Oy! Apparently, P-22 attacked yet ANOTHER small leashed dog while it was being walked late Wednesday night/early Thursday (1:00 am) on Beachwood Drive in the lower Hollywood Hills. The woman fought him off & Bowie (who is awfully cute) is home following surgery for multiple puncture wounds.

SMH. 1:00 am?? What a maroon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 9, 2022 6:31 PM

pfft a few stamp on dogs when it's dark? that's nothing mate!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 9, 2022 11:51 PM

R6: The mountain lion was just putting that Chihuahua out of its misery--being dressed up like that by his human was torture enough.

by Anonymousreply 28December 10, 2022 2:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!