Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Smile

I finally saw this and all I have to say is the entity was the freakies looking thing I've seen since The Babadook. I actually had a dream last night featuring that thing.

by Anonymousreply 13December 3, 2022 5:26 AM

[quote] I actually had a dream last night featuring that thing.

So thrilling, Thanks for sharing.

by Anonymousreply 1November 16, 2022 6:53 PM

Are you talking about Barbara Feldon?

by Anonymousreply 2November 16, 2022 6:56 PM

No but that's funny r2. I've never gotten to see that though I've heard it mentioned here.

by Anonymousreply 3November 16, 2022 7:48 PM

Stupid movie. Sorry loud music cues and sudden phone ringing isn't scary. Nobody knows how to make a scary movie anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2022 1:57 AM

The lead actress is Kevin Bacon's daughter

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2022 2:03 AM

Only the female lead is worth watching

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2022 2:11 AM

I was truly underwhelmed. The previews made it seem much more interesting than it actually is. And I'm not even one of those people who insists on their horror movies being filled with gore or getting so scared that they'd jump out of their seats. There was not much to it, either in terms of an original idea behind it or an unsettling atmosphere. Predictable and blah. The female lead is Kevin Bacon's daughter, she's OK, but not worth the whole experience.

by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2022 2:14 AM

I like much of the Ashman-Hamlisch score.

by Anonymousreply 8December 3, 2022 3:17 AM

Have you seen Barbarian yet? I rated it as the best horror film this year.

by Anonymousreply 9December 3, 2022 4:01 AM

The lead actress is Kyra Sedgwick's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 10December 3, 2022 4:22 AM

I thought it was terrifying

by Anonymousreply 11December 3, 2022 4:34 AM

I am surprised OP found the demon at the end of this so scary. I saw this in theaters and, while I had mixed feelings for most of it, the film totally lost me in the last act. I found it laughable. I don't mind when filmmakers throw subtlety to the wind if they do it right, but this was not one of those cases. Aside from a handful of creepy moments, I found most of the movie played like a humdrum retread of "The Ring". Lots of bad dialogue and performances as well—the actress who played the lead's sister was abysmal. Easily the worst acting I've seen in a major-release film in quite awhile.

I thought Sosie Bacon (daughter of Kevin and Kyra Sedgwick, as noted above) was decent (definitely the standout), but her nervy vocal fry throughout grated my nerves after awhile. That said, from what I've seen of her in interviews/media,, she seems like a sweet and pretty down-to-earth person in real life, which is not the norm for Hollywood spawn. I watched a bit of her on a podcast recently, and she made a comment that when traveling as a kid, her parents flew first-class and put her and her brother in coach, which I thought was funny.

by Anonymousreply 12December 3, 2022 4:47 AM

I loved the Bruce Dern/Barbara Feldon movie. Michael Kidd's choreography was great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 3, 2022 5:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!