Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sorry, but I know them. The B-52s are actually assholes.

Specifically, I’ve dealt with 2: Fred Schneider is insufferable, full of himself, and has been seriously over the whole thing for 2-plus decades but knows it’s his only financial gravy train. Kate Pierson is LOATHED by anyone who’s ever had the misfortune of actually dealing with her, especially in the Hudson Valley where she lives. Grifter trophy wife is a trailer-trash nightmare; lots of burned bridges; massive unpaid bills to contractors; and it’s all headed for public embarrassment. Both Schneider and Pierson, quite openly, can’t stand their fans or performing live anymore. May their “final tour” be everything they deserve!

by Anonymousreply 272October 13, 2023 5:15 PM

I hardly know them. I only hired them because they're your friends.

by Anonymousreply 1November 14, 2022 1:00 AM

OP I wonder why you make up stupid stories. I've worked with them many times. They're just old and cranky. I have interacted with them so many times over the years - they're totally fine, just boring and old. Kate is what you'd think - a minorly rich "celebrity" who is just a bit above the average person. She's grouchy, but knows her place.

Side note - Your writing indicates you may be intoxicated at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 2November 14, 2022 1:01 AM

This thread is a thing of beauty

by Anonymousreply 3November 14, 2022 1:05 AM

Topaz

by Anonymousreply 4November 14, 2022 1:06 AM

Fred took a crap in my toilet-- and didn't flush. He even admitted he did it. He said he wanted to give me something to remember him by.

by Anonymousreply 5November 14, 2022 1:18 AM

I don't know her.

Or the other one.

by Anonymousreply 6November 14, 2022 1:22 AM

Having to sing Roam and Love Shack every performance for thirty years understandably would get on their nerves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 14, 2022 1:43 AM

Somebody say Cindy is lovely or I shall cry 96 tears.

by Anonymousreply 8November 14, 2022 1:50 AM

Isn't it enough to just hate their shite music?

by Anonymousreply 9November 14, 2022 1:53 AM

R9 So witty

by Anonymousreply 10November 14, 2022 1:56 AM

[quote]massive unpaid bills to contractors

In Kate's defense, the tin roof rusted.

by Anonymousreply 11November 14, 2022 1:57 AM

I like ’em.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 14, 2022 1:59 AM

I hate to break this to you R8, but in 1998 I personally witnessed Cindy walk into a Lexus dealership, and she started beating the daylights out of anyone who dared to cross her path. Some of us were lucky enough to hide in the floor models, a lock the doors. A poor guy in the finance department managed to phone 911 before he succumb to his injuries. She sped out of the parking lot before the police came, but sadly she managed to run over a bystander, and sideswipe a Ford F150 that was hauling a frutas y raspados cart. After that day, I was no longer fan. Some one really needs to stop her. She's left quite a lot of victims in her wake!

by Anonymousreply 13November 14, 2022 2:06 AM

What was the pretty one’s name?

by Anonymousreply 14November 14, 2022 2:23 AM

Mister Sister is an underrated gem. I still admire Kate for supporting our community.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 14, 2022 2:29 AM

I met Fred once. He was pleasant enough, if a little weird.

by Anonymousreply 16November 14, 2022 2:50 AM

Fred is a miserable cheap bastard. I've hung out with him 10 times in Vegas. He fucking will never pay for a drink and waits until someone else in the group goes to the bar. My friend even fucked his old ass once and we now have a running joke about "Baby Food" Nothing worse than an old guy who doesn't clean his ass. My friend fucked him to be able to say, "I fucked Fred of the B 52's". I also was just at they "farewell" concert in Vegas, Vip and backstage. They are all gross - The way Kate treats Shaun Saunders 9Kate Vegas make-up guy) is fucking ridiculous!. The only one who is is Cindy. Took a bunch of pic's with her and she was like, "Let's get creative"

by Anonymousreply 17November 14, 2022 3:12 AM

Kate is a Cane Face Lesbian

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 14, 2022 3:14 AM

what about keith strickland?

by Anonymousreply 19November 14, 2022 3:31 AM

Kate was over at my house some years ago and stole my Elvira salt and pepper shakers. She pretended I was mistaken but I could see the top of Elvira's head popping up out of her bag.

by Anonymousreply 20November 14, 2022 3:41 AM

I can’t harbor resentment for a man that proclaimed “ I got me a Crysler it’s as big as a whale and it’s about to set sail!!!” Just absolutely epic, I love him!

by Anonymousreply 21November 14, 2022 3:47 AM

You're living in your own private Idaho

by Anonymousreply 22November 14, 2022 3:50 AM

Fred can’t sing. He just talks the words.

by Anonymousreply 23November 14, 2022 3:51 AM

"Kate was over at my house some years ago and stole my Elvira salt and pepper shakers."

What's so bad about that?

by Anonymousreply 24November 14, 2022 3:56 AM

[quote]Fred is a miserable cheap bastard. I've hung out with him 10 times in Vegas. He fucking will never pay for a drink and waits until someone else in the group goes to the bar. My friend even fucked his old ass once and we now have a running joke about "Baby Food" Nothing worse than an old guy who doesn't clean his ass.

Well, the band DID write "Dirty Back Road" ...

by Anonymousreply 25November 14, 2022 5:21 AM

Has anyone seen a dog dyed dark green?

by Anonymousreply 26November 14, 2022 7:48 AM

Sorry, but I know them. The Trumps are actually assholes.

by Anonymousreply 27November 14, 2022 8:11 AM

Is this the thread where old, fat, terminally ill homos congregate and reminisce about crappy old days?

by Anonymousreply 28November 14, 2022 8:19 AM

Anybody who says 'sorry, but' needs to be pushed out an 8th story window.

by Anonymousreply 29November 14, 2022 8:21 AM

I love their music, but I am not interested in hanging out with them.

by Anonymousreply 30November 14, 2022 8:25 AM

They seem irritating as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 31November 14, 2022 8:28 AM

Another fake story time troll thread.

"They SEEM.......

by Anonymousreply 32November 14, 2022 8:32 AM

The thievery is shocking but not surprising. KP has legendarily sticky fingers.

by Anonymousreply 33November 14, 2022 8:36 AM

OP's creative output will never come even close to what the B-52s put out.

Haters gonna hate.

by Anonymousreply 34November 14, 2022 8:39 AM

Kate and the wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35November 14, 2022 8:42 AM

Beautiful ^^^

by Anonymousreply 36November 14, 2022 8:44 AM

Lol, I never could stand their music or their whole shtick. They suck.

by Anonymousreply 37November 14, 2022 8:50 AM

Fabulousnessss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 14, 2022 8:50 AM

my brother worked as a chauffeur in NY for a while and had to pick Fred up at JFK airport. He said Fred was smug and douchey and said “don’t ask for my autograph” which my brother said was the last thing he would have done.

by Anonymousreply 39November 14, 2022 8:56 AM

Seriously, thu, what would happen if I asked Fred for his autograph? Or Kate?

by Anonymousreply 40November 14, 2022 9:02 AM

They sound like a bad school musical.

by Anonymousreply 41November 14, 2022 9:14 AM

Kate looks great for 74.

by Anonymousreply 42November 14, 2022 9:35 AM

I've known them very very vaguely and personally I've found Keith, Cindy and Kate nothing but charming. Fred can be grouchy. The one thing I would agree with in OP's post is that Fred has never been that interested for the last few decades. But no one is interested in his solo work so he's stuck with making money singing Rock Lobster for the billionith time.

The only think I would say against all of them is I wish they were more prolific. They've been a band for well over 40 years and have barely released 100 songs.

by Anonymousreply 43November 14, 2022 9:49 AM

OP = drunk Kieth Strickland

by Anonymousreply 44November 14, 2022 9:52 AM

I work with one of Kate's neighbors. She says Kate really is a kunt.

by Anonymousreply 45November 14, 2022 10:50 AM

r45 most neighbors are cunts

by Anonymousreply 46November 14, 2022 12:21 PM

They are all the children of our very own Julie.

by Anonymousreply 47November 14, 2022 12:34 PM

Not OP.

Actually the stories about Kate and Fred being assholes go back a many years. Never heard stories about the other two, but Kate is rumored to be a raving bitch and insufferable along with Fred.

by Anonymousreply 48November 14, 2022 12:53 PM

"La-LA, la-la-LA-la!!" (Repeat ad nauseam).

by Anonymousreply 49November 14, 2022 1:17 PM

I used to work out at 19th St. Gym in NYC for a couple of years way back when. So did Fred. I used to cruise me really hard. I guess he likes black guys. I have a feeling he would have been nice to me.

The last time I saw him was at a Jackie Beat Christmas show in NYC pre-covid years. He must have been lit. Jackie mentioned to the crowd that Fred was in the audience. And Fred went on after that for about a good five minutes about how hard it was to find cream cheese this Christmas. He was really perplexed as to where anyone could get any.

by Anonymousreply 50November 14, 2022 1:21 PM

^Fred has been a BIG-TIME drunk for quite some time now...

by Anonymousreply 51November 14, 2022 1:27 PM

Kate kicked my daughter in the cuntbone and Fred stole my Jody Watley wall clock. Miserable assholes.

by Anonymousreply 52November 14, 2022 1:30 PM

OP, thanks for this steaming hot gossip from 1992.

by Anonymousreply 53November 14, 2022 1:34 PM

Why aren't the rest of you posters flooding the other threads on Datalounge with your wit? Seriously. Some of these posts are hilarious. Is this where the OGs of Datalounge came to hideout?

by Anonymousreply 54November 14, 2022 1:37 PM

Fred wrecked my 1967 VW Bug in Athens. What a cunt he is.

by Anonymousreply 55November 14, 2022 1:39 PM

Here comes Brenda

by Anonymousreply 56November 14, 2022 1:46 PM

😛 They B-52's actually said the very same things about you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 57November 14, 2022 1:54 PM

From what I've heard, fans can be flattering but also creepy. The fans will (understandably) talk to a celeb as if they've known each other and had been friends for a long time --- but this can feel unsettling. The celebs also feel like they're at work whenever they have to interact with a fan as well, because they want to avoid being gossiped about like this. I think celebs of all sizes have a strange love/hate relationship with their fans. Also if I started a project 40+ years ago, I would loathe it as well. Especially when it never furthered your career or bring the fame and fortune that you hoped for. This isn't going to truly be their farewell tour. They're just copying Cher and Elton's strategy for selling tickets. If they live long enough they'll perform again.

by Anonymousreply 58November 14, 2022 2:12 PM

I ain't no Limburger!

by Anonymousreply 59November 14, 2022 2:20 PM

[quote]Anybody who says 'sorry, but' needs to be pushed out an 8th story window.

Sorry, but anyone who says "Anybody who says 'sorry, but' needs to be pushed out an 8th story window" needs to be pushed out an 8th story window.

by Anonymousreply 60November 14, 2022 2:22 PM

The only thing they did that was any good…Fred’s insufferable singing doesn’t crap up this song

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 14, 2022 2:23 PM

[quote]Is this the thread where old, fat, terminally ill homos congregate and reminisce about crappy old days?

You're pretty much describing 87% of the threads on DL.

by Anonymousreply 62November 14, 2022 2:29 PM

R58 I have seen friends and strangers act so strangely around celebrities, become super disinhibited and blurt out all sorts of stupid shit like “your music is the soundtrack of my life!” And “I lost my virginity listening to your singing!”. Even when people nearby ask they to behave normally, people blurt “I don’t care! It’s freakin’ (insert celebrity name here)!!!!”.

It happens at sports events and often at stage doors fairly commonly. I hate the word “cringey”, but loud, pushy fans define it. Even worse when the fan has been drinking. I’ve seen a few drunk fans weeping because their idol was (mercifully) dragged away from them by a handler or spouse. You can also see the expression in selfies…often the celebrity looks pained. Their eyes say “get away from me…”

by Anonymousreply 63November 14, 2022 2:35 PM

That should spell “Even when people nearby ask them to behave normally…” above.

by Anonymousreply 64November 14, 2022 2:38 PM

I don’t care how famous artists act around fans. These people are musicians, why should their fans be entitled to their personhood? Also, I do imagine it’s a bit annoying having to perform stuff like Rock Lobster at their ripe old ages, but they don’t have retirement money.

by Anonymousreply 65November 14, 2022 2:40 PM

People are saying that Fred and Kate are bored and so they start threads about Meghan Markle and The Trans on Datalounge and call people out for grammatical errors.

by Anonymousreply 66November 14, 2022 2:41 PM

^Are you kidding? They HAVE money. Plenty.

by Anonymousreply 67November 14, 2022 2:42 PM

Also, anyone who starts a thread with “Sorry, but…” is lying or a troll.

by Anonymousreply 68November 14, 2022 2:42 PM

So Fred is a cranky, curmudgeonly eldergay. Sounds like a Datalounger.

by Anonymousreply 69November 14, 2022 3:36 PM

I asked Fred Schneider for an autograph and he farted in my face!

by Anonymousreply 70November 14, 2022 3:40 PM

Did he kiss your pineapple R70?

by Anonymousreply 71November 14, 2022 3:41 PM

R47, impossible, Julie was no uterus, all cunt.

by Anonymousreply 72November 14, 2022 3:56 PM

She’s just a Limburger ….

by Anonymousreply 73November 14, 2022 4:10 PM

R20 = Jackie Beat.

The B52s apologist all over this thread might be RuPaul.

by Anonymousreply 74November 14, 2022 4:16 PM

A few years ago they were playing in my area, and Kate had a wig emergency. She travels with several, but the one she just had to wear that night was combed incorrectly.

A friend who is a stylist was summoned, and she dropped everything to help, always loved the B-52’s and Kate especially. My friend was given very specific instructions on how she wanted the wig styled and they agreed on a price. My friend brought it back a few hours later after slaving over it (apparently wigs are made to lay a certain way, so changing things around is a lot harder than washing a head of human hair). Kate was livid, said it was backwards from what she wanted, and my friend insisted she did exactly what Kate described. Kate took it, said it was ruined, and refused to pay my friend.

Others who went to the show that night and took photos. It appeared to be the same wig, freshly styled for free by my friend, the now ex fan.

by Anonymousreply 75November 14, 2022 4:20 PM

I worked at a fancy retail store in NYC in the late 80s and early 90s. I usually have stories about celebrities I encountered, but this is not one of those stories.

My company hired Christmas help every year. They hired a guy from Athens, GA and put him in my department and of course I said—in jest—"Athens, GA? Do you know the B-52s?"

But to my surprise he said "yes," and proceeded to tell me about how he is "close personal friends with Fred Schneider."

He told everyone this on every shift. My colleagues and I would compare notes about the temporary help. Who was hot, who was dumb, who was a good salesperson. Of course he was "the guy who is close personal friends with FRED SCHNEIDER."

He never told me anything good. I wanted to hear about Keith Strickland. But nada. Then he was gone forever and in the days before the Internet, that was that.

by Anonymousreply 76November 14, 2022 4:29 PM

^Bendel's, I bet? Lots of their friends worked there back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 77November 14, 2022 4:34 PM

I cried when Ricky Wilson died.

by Anonymousreply 78November 14, 2022 4:37 PM

When I listen to music, I don't think about the personalities of the performers any more than I think about the personality of an author when I read his or her book.

by Anonymousreply 79November 14, 2022 4:46 PM

Fred Schneider and Kate Pierson are crochety old people. COLOR ME SCHOCKED!!!

by Anonymousreply 80November 14, 2022 5:15 PM

Ricky was the talented one. Boy could play guitar hard and FAST.

by Anonymousreply 81November 14, 2022 5:20 PM

I'm in the basement. Learning to print. All of it hot. Ten, twenty million dollars ready to be spent. We're stacking them against the wall, those gangster Presidents

by Anonymousreply 82November 14, 2022 5:21 PM

This isn't the random B-52's lyrics thread. That's over here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83November 14, 2022 5:25 PM

Tell it like it T-I-IS… OP!

by Anonymousreply 84November 14, 2022 6:19 PM

From the looks of the tour promo photos it sounds like Kieth Strickland decided he’d had enough of all this and wisely bowed out.

by Anonymousreply 85November 14, 2022 6:21 PM

I think most of us would seem like assholes if people took snippets of our behavior out of context. You know what? In their 70s they are allowed to be old and crotchety.

"Kiss my pineapple!"

by Anonymousreply 86November 14, 2022 6:29 PM

On what planet is ol' Monica Coleman a "trophy wife"? OP has issues.

by Anonymousreply 87November 14, 2022 6:43 PM

Planet Claire?

by Anonymousreply 88November 14, 2022 6:49 PM

They do all 16 dances.

by Anonymousreply 89November 14, 2022 6:50 PM

R85 - Keith gave up live work years ago. He's still in the band apparently. Whatever that means these days as they don't seem to have set foot in a recording studio for 15 years.

He's also married to really gorgeous man - they're both very lucky.

by Anonymousreply 90November 14, 2022 6:55 PM

I met them at Claude Nobs party for their concert at Montreux. They were social and normal and that concert was excellent. Not one by cynical assholes who have checked out.

by Anonymousreply 91November 14, 2022 7:02 PM

Sorry but I know the feeling. I KNOW The Four Aces and Al Alberts is a real jerk!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92November 14, 2022 7:18 PM

All sex symbols from the 80s turned out gay. Kate, Elvira, Samantha Fox

by Anonymousreply 93November 14, 2022 7:19 PM

I hate their music, and I am not interested in hanging out with them

by Anonymousreply 94November 14, 2022 8:14 PM

Fred and Kate came to my house a couple of years ago. They sat on my patio with me and consumed lots of food and drink. Fred sells Amway on the side and gave me the whole pyramid sales talk shit. I really just tuned him out once I found out he was trying to recruit me. Longest Tuesday night ever.

by Anonymousreply 95November 14, 2022 8:19 PM

Ye is worse

by Anonymousreply 96November 14, 2022 8:24 PM

R88 good one!

by Anonymousreply 97November 14, 2022 8:42 PM

I met Fred Schneider years ago at a Stella McCartney party. He loved the shoes I was wearing and was really complimentary. That's all I've got. I'm a Black woman by the way.

by Anonymousreply 98November 14, 2022 8:55 PM

When you are lonely, life is makin' you grumpy,

You can always go...

Downtown!

by Anonymousreply 99November 14, 2022 9:00 PM

[quote]A few years ago they were playing in my area, and Kate had a wig emergency.

"Wig Emergency!" could be a B-52's song.

by Anonymousreply 100November 14, 2022 9:40 PM

Sorry, OP, but why should we care? And why do you feel this is something we needed to know?

by Anonymousreply 101November 14, 2022 11:08 PM

[quote]Not OP. Actually the stories about Kate and Fred being assholes go back a many years. Never heard stories about the other two, but Kate is rumored to be a raving bitch and insufferable along with Fred.

I've heard about Kate being the prickly sort before but it's possible I heard it here. Back in the 90s she was on an episode of the Nickelodeon show the Adventures of Pete & Pete, her character was a blind millionaire in love with the ice cream man known as Mr. Tastee; Michael Stipe guest starred on the same episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102November 15, 2022 12:40 AM

I’m sorry OP, but I’m at Contramanos in Buenos Aires right now and Fred is here looking and dancing like the shitstain you think he is in real life.

by Anonymousreply 103November 20, 2022 3:05 AM

Also, sorry again for being off-topic, but Eric Roberts is also here looking at least a foot shorter but twice as thirsty than I last remember him

by Anonymousreply 104November 20, 2022 3:09 AM

For all these first hand stories, Kate and Fred seem to have gotten around more than most any celebrities in DL history.

by Anonymousreply 105November 20, 2022 4:21 AM

You might want to check that, R105. For a while Linda Hunt was hilariously popping up in the everyday lives of everyday DL’ers….

by Anonymousreply 106November 20, 2022 12:20 PM

Michael Stipe appears at 16:50 in the link at r102. He looks beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 107November 20, 2022 12:35 PM

He does, R107. That was Stipe at his peak fuckability. Anyone had him?

by Anonymousreply 108November 20, 2022 1:27 PM

Lesbians seem to ooze out of the woodwork nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 109November 20, 2022 3:53 PM

R109 What do you mean by that?

by Anonymousreply 110November 20, 2022 3:54 PM

Yeah, what, R109?

by Anonymousreply 111November 20, 2022 3:55 PM

R108, Stipe has been with the same woman since around 1991. I doubt anyone's "had" him other than her, you coarse moron.

by Anonymousreply 112November 20, 2022 3:55 PM

Oh, MARY R112! Get over yourself, cunt.

And Stipe is far from straight.

by Anonymousreply 113November 20, 2022 3:56 PM

For R112...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114November 20, 2022 4:00 PM

For R112...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115November 20, 2022 4:00 PM

For R112:

"Stipe lives with his long-term partner, the photographer Thomas Dozol, in New York and Berlin."--Wikipedia

by Anonymousreply 116November 20, 2022 4:01 PM

R112 I'm hoping you were joking?

by Anonymousreply 117November 20, 2022 4:05 PM

R112 is thinking of the "other" Michael Stipe. The straight one.

by Anonymousreply 118November 20, 2022 6:08 PM

The one in her Frau Karen mind, R118.

by Anonymousreply 119November 20, 2022 6:11 PM

R112 you're thinking Natalie Merchant right?

And wait until you leave the 1990s and join the 21st century, it'll blow your mind.

by Anonymousreply 120November 20, 2022 8:22 PM

The bitchery of the accused B's above is nothing compared to the vast, Grand Canyon sized cuntery of one Miss Bitchlinda Cuntlisle of the Go-Go's.

by Anonymousreply 121November 20, 2022 8:25 PM

Kate only dated and fucked men before her wife, right?

by Anonymousreply 122November 20, 2022 8:43 PM

I don't know, R122. She never sucked my dick.

by Anonymousreply 123November 20, 2022 8:47 PM

OP is, in fact, a faded sign on the side of the road

by Anonymousreply 124November 20, 2022 8:49 PM

WHERE DID THE GOD DAMN TIME GO!?

Wtf! These people are almost 80!!!!

What the fuck.

by Anonymousreply 125November 20, 2022 9:04 PM

R125 my reaction as well.

by Anonymousreply 126November 20, 2022 9:07 PM

R125, Schneider is 71 and Pierson is 74. Stipe is 62.

by Anonymousreply 127November 20, 2022 9:07 PM

Yup. Watching the RRHOF inductions were/are sobering.

Just this year: Annie Lennox (67) and Dave Stewart (70), Pat Benetar (69), Duran Duran (ranging from 60 to 65).

Last year: the Go-Go's (ranging between 62 and 64 except for Charlotte Caffey who is almost SEVENTY).

So many artists I love are well over 60 now: Depeche Mode members, Tracey Thorn, Alison Moyet, Boy George, Paul Weller....pretty much everyone who was a fresh faced newbie in the 80s has hit that age.

Britpop came later and even Damon Albarn is fifty fucking four. *sigh*

by Anonymousreply 128November 20, 2022 9:14 PM

At this point, I want them to be assholes. I need the B-52s to hate all their fans and to abuse them at any opportunity. I'm old and bitter and I need this.

by Anonymousreply 129November 20, 2022 9:18 PM

Tell us more, r121. Unless your lips are sealed.

by Anonymousreply 130November 20, 2022 9:24 PM

R130 there have been lengthy threads about it here.

She tried to get Kathy Valentine excommunicated from the Go-Go's because she wanted Kathy's share of profits. And that's only what's said in legal filings.

She's a manipulative bitch who has a long history of burning bridges. And I think Junior learned at Mommy's heels.

by Anonymousreply 131November 20, 2022 9:25 PM

Aren't all gay people in their seventies crabby?

by Anonymousreply 132November 20, 2022 9:27 PM

Well, I'm intending to be, r132, you know, in 45 years.

by Anonymousreply 133November 20, 2022 9:29 PM

I knew Frederick Chopin. He was a twat who left a turd in my bedpan and drank all of my absinthe.

by Anonymousreply 134November 20, 2022 9:30 PM

The B52s' were my first real concert. Kid Creole and Gary Numan opened. It was in Boston at the Orpheum.

We had a great time and the show was amazing.

Fast forward, I met Fred in L.A. at a friends house party. He was a cunt, not unlike John Waters.

Lesson learned, never meet celebs you admire.

And btw, Michael Stipe, while very gay, smells.

by Anonymousreply 135November 20, 2022 9:32 PM

Or alternative lesson: expect cunting. As I just might, from John Waters at least, and now Fred.

Cherish the cunting. I hope to meet Bette Midler someday, just because I know she'll be a huge cunt and I will cherish that.

by Anonymousreply 136November 20, 2022 9:33 PM

R135 Isn't Stipe bi?

by Anonymousreply 137November 20, 2022 9:39 PM

R135 I’d like to know more about these encounters with Fred and John Waters. Celebrities like these two must become pretty bored with the proletariat, or people outside of their creative orbits. Some are most comfortable around counter cultural types. Others only interact in certain environments, like animal rescue fundraisers and, in those settings, limit their interactions to the cause at hand.

They must always want to get away and not meet anyone or make small talk. You sense that at VIP meet & greet settings, where people who bought (or won) expensive event tickets. If that reception comes after a performance, they might be exhausted, and if the reception comes before, they might be anxious about their performance ahead. Maybe they’re friendlier when they are just starting out, or after their peak. Some are pretty wealthy and disconnected, and possibly scared for their safety or privacy.

by Anonymousreply 138November 20, 2022 9:47 PM

I think we need a 5-encounter minimum. Cunting is not established until the 5th encounter. A one-off can be anything. Five times may indeed be established as cunting in a court of DL law.

by Anonymousreply 139November 20, 2022 9:54 PM

Also too, we must look at the accuser. Are they a Cunting Carrier? Do they tend to bring out cunting in others?

There is a process, people, and the process must be followed!

by Anonymousreply 140November 20, 2022 9:58 PM

"these encounters with Fred and John Waters. Celebrities like these two must become pretty bored with the proletariat"

R138, I can assure you, both Schneider and Waters came from the hoi polloi. What do tou think, they're of the gentry class?

by Anonymousreply 141November 20, 2022 9:58 PM

Well Fred has a chrysler as big as a whale. So kind of gentry?

by Anonymousreply 142November 20, 2022 10:05 PM

R139. Hung out with Fred over a dozen times in Vegas. He's a fucking cheap CUNT. I'm sure Ive met anyone who's been with Fred in Vegas, he hangs out with a short Asian guy and a server that works at the steakhouse in Planet Hollywood. Old bitter queen. All 3 of that group are using each other.

by Anonymousreply 143November 20, 2022 10:06 PM

We accept your testimony r143, and admit it into the record.

by Anonymousreply 144November 20, 2022 10:07 PM

Also I admit I want to hang out with Fred, the Asian guy, and the bitter old queen. I bet they are funny. Though almost certainly cheap cunts. I will accept that completely as the truth of the matter.

by Anonymousreply 145November 20, 2022 10:26 PM

R145 The 2 "friends" of Fred pay his way - They are not attractive and using Fred for some Semblance of Fame by association - You wouldn't want to hang out with them. Both are not that interesting. Big deal, free tickets to the B 52s. Ya see them a couple of times and thats all you NEED to see

by Anonymousreply 146November 20, 2022 10:32 PM

R138 Plenty of actual geniuses enjoy being with people just like plenty of standard issue old queens have disdain for people.

by Anonymousreply 147November 21, 2022 3:27 AM

A lot of the most unbearable people I've ever met were huge The B-52s fans. Fucking nightmares.

by Anonymousreply 148November 21, 2022 3:32 AM

Not here, R148. Not at all.

by Anonymousreply 149November 21, 2022 3:42 AM

I wouldn't want to meet most of the musicians I know and enjoy. Or any celebrity.

I can see someone being so over the millionth person that comes up to you and says the same damn thing that the other 999,999 people have said.

by Anonymousreply 150November 21, 2022 4:05 AM

Wow, what a humorless bunch of assholes writes off the B-52s as a band? A bunch of unfucked cunts.

by Anonymousreply 151November 21, 2022 4:14 AM

What does Stipe smell of exactly? Old cum? Or just someone who doesn't wash every day?

by Anonymousreply 152November 21, 2022 7:44 AM

R147 Well, I’m not sure we are discussing any geniuses here. Creativity and intellect aren’t always the engines of celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 153November 21, 2022 11:32 AM

Any truth that the B's will be doing an Adele-type residency in Vegas?

by Anonymousreply 154November 21, 2022 2:32 PM

Their music sucked.

by Anonymousreply 155November 21, 2022 2:34 PM

The guy who used to cut my hair when I lived in San Diego once did the hair for Kate and Cindy. It was before their concert at Humphrey's By the Bay, around 2005 or so. I would assume they traveled with their own hairdresser, but for some reason he was called to do up their hair for that show. He later told me about it, and said that Cindy was relaxed and easygoing and a little tipsy. He described Kate as a "Queen Bee" and demanding. She kept saying to him, "Don't look at me." Finally in exasperation he said, "Honey, how can I do your hair without lookig at you?" She shut up.

I went to that show because a friend of mine had a small boat docked at the little marina next to Humphrey's, so we watched and listened from the boat. Almost every other boat had people on it, watching for free just 6ards from the peole who had paid for seats. The opening act was Nancy Sinatra, who sang for an hour. Mostly 1960s hit songs like Elvis' "A Little Less Conversation" and things like that. Her final song was a thundering version of "These Boots are Made for Walkin'" which brought the house down. Then she introduced the B-52s, and they came on and went through their catalog of songs.

by Anonymousreply 156November 21, 2022 2:42 PM

They've basically been playing the same set list since 1990. They must be bored out of their minds.

by Anonymousreply 157November 21, 2022 2:45 PM

It’s still better than most jobs.

by Anonymousreply 158November 21, 2022 4:45 PM

Novelty band that unexpectedly spawned a huge group of 'tard followers.

by Anonymousreply 159November 21, 2022 5:30 PM

Fred is the type of person who goes to a restaurant that happens to have an all you can eat salad bar, loads up on as much salad as possible, and then asks the server to box his entire entree "to go" when it arrives at the table.

by Anonymousreply 160November 21, 2022 5:34 PM

R159 - they do have some really weird followers. But they're set up as icons. I remember a fuss on fan mailing list when someone revealed Kate's nickname was Cocaine Kate. They way people freaked out as if their idols would touch drugs.

Definitely no drug references here...white powder must be talc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161November 22, 2022 7:20 AM

[quote]Celebrities like these two must become pretty bored with the proletariat, or people outside of their creative orbits

Boring people are bored. Maybe if they showed some interest in anyone but themselves they would learn that everyone has an interesting story to tell. Typical narcissists. They only see others as props in their own drama.

by Anonymousreply 162November 22, 2022 8:28 AM

Being a rock or pop star is for young people. Old people still living that lifestyle are stuck in perpetual adolescence, so it makes sense that they'd become bitter. Imagine if you were old and wrinkled while still in high school! That's how they feel: like they've been cheated because they are now so different from their "peers."

They still feel that their peers are teenagers and can't understand why this aging thing is happening to them.

by Anonymousreply 163November 22, 2022 10:41 AM

R163. Can you please send your post to Madonna?

by Anonymousreply 164November 22, 2022 10:52 AM

[QUOTE] Being a rock or pop star is for young people. Old people still living that lifestyle are stuck in perpetual adolescence, so it makes sense that they'd become bitter. Imagine if you were old and wrinkled while still in high school! That's how they feel: like they've been cheated because they are now so different from their "peers."

Except that Kate was already OLD when they had their breakthrough hits in 1989. She was 41. That blows your thesis out of the water.

by Anonymousreply 165November 22, 2022 11:29 AM

[QUOTE] I remember a fuss on fan mailing list when someone revealed Kate's nickname was Cocaine Kate.

This isn't true. The only thing she does is pot, and even then she only takes one small puff out of a pink bowl.

by Anonymousreply 166November 22, 2022 12:13 PM

Fame is overrated

by Anonymousreply 167November 22, 2022 1:46 PM

The B52s first 2 albums had such an influence on me in my late teens. I don't give a shit about if they're "nice" or not. They had some great moments.

by Anonymousreply 168November 22, 2022 1:58 PM

^ Eva Braun.

by Anonymousreply 169November 22, 2022 2:34 PM

Yeah. I have a hard time believing they are bigger cunts than Morrissey. Doesn't stop me from still loving the Smiths.

by Anonymousreply 170November 22, 2022 2:36 PM

True story (I swear!). Fred Schneider barged into my home like he's the Wicked Witch of the West, said my house smells like shit, grabbed one of my dogs and shouted "You're my Quiche Lorraine now!" and left while cackling like a demented witch. Never saw and heard from the dog again. Did he make the dog into a ... quiche?

by Anonymousreply 171November 22, 2022 2:51 PM

It's true that Kate left cocaine behind in the aughts. She has been a high-functioning heroin addict for well over a decade.

by Anonymousreply 172November 22, 2022 3:11 PM

Probably not R171 as Fred is a vegetarian

by Anonymousreply 173November 22, 2022 5:10 PM

I’d be disappointed if they turned out to be anything less than bitchy, cantankerous prima donnas.

by Anonymousreply 174November 22, 2022 5:29 PM

Saw them at Great Adventure when I took my nieces around 1995. I felt bad for them but figured it was probably a decent paying gig.

Later in the day, had to wait extra long for a roller coaster, because Fred got to ride as the only passenger.

by Anonymousreply 175November 22, 2022 8:15 PM

Well, I don’t know them, but there are occasional comments made via their fb page. Fred seems obsessed with knock off merchandise. Some old fan made a B52 quilt, and he took issue with it being sold. First off, it was an old fan that made their own quilt, not some factory product that went viral.

There’s reason to believe they’re just getting by. Especially if Fred is selling Amway. I didn’t know that shit still existed. Pics by weird fans show up on fb, of Rickys’ grave. It is the most modest little lump of concrete - in a little town in the middle of nowhere. Most bands that don’t go global long term are doing just a little bit better than getting by, especially since covid, smaller bands take huge hits with expenses when travelling.

I saw them perform early on with this final tour. My honest perspective, and I’ve loved them since around 1979. They are past needing to retire. Last should’ve been 3-4 years ago, when they still had energy. Fred started off with all for a few songs, then buggered off backstage for 20 minutes. The women weren’t playing electric pianos. They were just standing there in front of mics. Cindy Wilson couldn’t hit any note higher than the treble staff.

In contrast, the contracted players were stellar onstage. They were prepared, skilled, and brought the energy. Kudos to the sound person also. Sterling Campbell and Tracy Wormworth continued to be epic, and I wish them the best.

They picked their own personal favourites, rather than fan favourites. I have issue with that, as fan faves are what lift everyone out of their chairs to enjoy. IDGAF if they were tired of the same old. They forfeited their song votes when they hiked the ticket prices to the fucking sky. And they DID raise them to the sky. Factor in travelling to one of the few cities available, and know that every hotel has their rates jacked up also to the maximum platinum credit cards. Not to mention gas prices and flights.

I wanted a few mementos. The t-shirts were $50. The cheapest item was a fucking re-useable grocery bag for $25! You know damn well it put them out $0.50. Most aggravating was the black hoodie. I really wanted to get something that would last longer than a crappy tshirt. Usually, I wear a medium hoodie, and get a large if I want to be really warm. Given that it was 100° out that day, it didn’t stay on long when tried on. The Large was a no-go. I couldn’t fucking believe it. It wouldn’t go past my shoulders. Fucking hell, I guess I’ll get an XL. The seller said try it on, theres no returns on anything. It fit, but thing was, it was 100° and I was wearing a thin silk shirt. Tried it back on yesterday, the fucking thing wasn’t really any bigger for the chest than a medium. The fucking hoodie was SEVENTY-FIVE DOLLARS! It’s the cheapest made fucking thing I’ll never wear. The material is the cheapest crap out there. It’s not a seconds, and it’s not even near a thirds rated quality for material. Don’t get me started!

So, B-52’s, you got your monies to settle your debts or get a bit of a future, but that was some greedy fucking shit you pulled this year. I’m guessing you used merchandise to travel first class to gigs this year. I sniff in your general direction.

by Anonymousreply 176November 26, 2022 7:12 PM

Fred started some Coffee company or something - He has every fucking cent he ever made

by Anonymousreply 177November 26, 2022 7:20 PM

They can't possibly be broke.

by Anonymousreply 178November 26, 2022 8:02 PM

In the style of Bill Maher:

“I don’t know how I know that someone who regularly works with celebrities wouldn’t be on Datalounge, I just know.”

by Anonymousreply 179November 26, 2022 8:20 PM

Is the Amway story fake? I can't imagine.

by Anonymousreply 180November 26, 2022 10:01 PM

I don't know the B-52s but they always seemed like assholes to me too.

by Anonymousreply 181November 26, 2022 11:47 PM

“contracted players were stellar onstage. They were prepared, skilled, and brought the energy. Kudos to the sound person also”

I notice that these heritage bands tend to backfill their sound with really strong performers on the road. Blondie seems to do that, too. It must be confusing to be on the road with a band. Are you able to say you were a part of that band?

I think they have extremely capable technicians, too. Fleetwood Mac must have been like a machine touring with their record The Dance. The sound, lighting, post production of the album/cd/dvd, all glorious. Blondie’s Live/Livid cd and tour dvd from that same era also sounded and looked amazing.

by Anonymousreply 182November 28, 2022 7:25 PM

[quote]What was the pretty one’s name?

Keith.

by Anonymousreply 183November 28, 2022 7:53 PM

I love this site. So much insider gossip.

by Anonymousreply 184November 28, 2022 7:55 PM

I be lived in Athens for five years and would dine next to Kate at The Grit all the time. She did give off a vibe I didn’t care for, but I’m now older and wiser and realize she’s just a person trying to live too. I remember I was surprised by her age. She is definitely charismatic. Also, yes, Michael Stipe did really stink, smelled him myself after he took but friend Emíl as his temporary lover. It’s a fun town though I did not like that Stipe ran it like he owned it.

by Anonymousreply 185November 28, 2022 8:42 PM

R185 "but friend Emíl"

It's butt

by Anonymousreply 186November 28, 2022 8:44 PM

R185, I imagine you meant your friend "Emily"?

by Anonymousreply 187November 28, 2022 9:10 PM

"Amway"??? Ha!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 188November 28, 2022 9:24 PM

R112, you are either the same troll on the "I peed alongside this actor last night" thread who claims that Michael Urie is straight, or you have a doppelgänger troll over there.

by Anonymousreply 189November 28, 2022 9:56 PM

R137, are you joking? See R114/R115/R116.

by Anonymousreply 190November 28, 2022 10:06 PM

No r187, Emíl was all man, blonde-haired, blue-eyed, gorgeous smile, wonderful wit.

by Anonymousreply 191November 28, 2022 10:08 PM

I knew someone who talked to the B-52s and they died.

by Anonymousreply 192November 28, 2022 10:44 PM

What all of them R192? I thought only Ricky died.

by Anonymousreply 193November 29, 2022 7:53 AM

You have to hand it to then for making a 40 years career out of 2 years of mainstream popularity and 2-3 hits.

by Anonymousreply 194November 29, 2022 8:38 AM

R178, why would you assume that? There may have been behind the scenes lawsuits, every band deals with those over the years. Every band needs the income from merchandising while on tour. It pays the food, hotel and travel expenses. Agreed, some booking agents provide it, but bands get sent to some pretty shit hotels sometimes. After witnessing the greedy markup prices at merchandising this tour, they were going for all they could get.

by Anonymousreply 195November 29, 2022 11:35 AM

R190 Why would he be joking? I also remember Stipe being called bi in the 90s, saying he had relationships with men and women. It seems like he is gay (even though he labels himself queer), but when he was first outed I remember word bisexual being thrown around.

by Anonymousreply 196November 29, 2022 1:25 PM

Saw Fred at the Russian and Turkish Baths in the E Village. No one knew who he was. He was wearing the shorts they give you but no one was cruising him. He just sat there and sweated with resting bitch face.

by Anonymousreply 197November 29, 2022 1:37 PM

I really fucking hate the B-52s even though I sort of like the IDEA of the B-52s.

"Channel Z" is their best song.

by Anonymousreply 198November 29, 2022 2:32 PM

Boy, what a humorless bunch of bitches you'd have to be to dislike the entirety of B-52s contribution. "Summer of Love"? "Love Shack"? Their earlier songs? I guess if you just hate campy, kitschy fun, you would hate them.

by Anonymousreply 199November 29, 2022 4:24 PM

Channel Z is their worst song, after Love Shack. Best song: Quiche Lorraine.

by Anonymousreply 200November 29, 2022 4:58 PM

"Tin roof... rusted" is a classic moment in pop music. Overexposure won't change that.

by Anonymousreply 201November 29, 2022 5:03 PM

Selling Amway is the most preposterous and hysterically funny rumor to pass along.

I will start using this as a slur against people I hate, " He sells Amway".

by Anonymousreply 202November 29, 2022 5:07 PM

Agreed, R202. It is a totally ridiculous lie, and very amusing.

by Anonymousreply 203November 29, 2022 5:08 PM

Was it Kate or Cindy who dated Debbie Harry?

by Anonymousreply 204November 29, 2022 5:16 PM

R204 Neither.

by Anonymousreply 205November 29, 2022 6:22 PM

They've booked a 10-show Vegas residency for next year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206November 29, 2022 7:52 PM

R206 Fred is flipping us the finger in that photo! It’s all true!

by Anonymousreply 207November 30, 2022 12:00 PM

10 months, not 10 shows, is a Vegas residency. 10 shows is a gig.

by Anonymousreply 208November 30, 2022 1:09 PM

I like Deadbeat Club the best.

by Anonymousreply 209November 30, 2022 1:49 PM

Meh. Even if everything OP says is true, does it matter to me? Lots of artists are insufferable and are assholes. As long as I have no relationship with them and as long as they don't do/say anything truly objectionable (e.g., "all gays should die"; "women shouldn't be allowed to vote"), I can enjoy the music and keep it moving.

by Anonymousreply 210November 30, 2022 1:52 PM

R210, it’s funny that you pick those examples. Fred is now a true blue trad Cath with revanchist views regarding women’s rights. He thinks widespread women’s literacy and birth control gave us Biden and a variety of other things he perceives as symptoms of our sick civilization. Kate and Cindy roll their eyes to keep the band going but aren’t allowed to read books in front of him. They turn their backs to use their phones.

by Anonymousreply 211November 30, 2022 2:29 PM

WTF are you on about R211? All the band are registered Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 212November 30, 2022 2:35 PM

What is the point of spreading this nonsense misinformation? How Trumpian. Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 213November 30, 2022 3:14 PM

Yer an idjut. The B52’s are one of the most popular and respected bands.

by Anonymousreply 214November 30, 2022 3:41 PM

Oh, but don'tcha know, R214, Queen OP has decreed them "assholes," so...🙄

by Anonymousreply 215November 30, 2022 4:00 PM

Sorry, but I know the OP. She's actually an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 216November 30, 2022 4:08 PM

Sorry but I know OP's dad. Actually a dirty slut with prolapsed asshole.

by Anonymousreply 217November 30, 2022 4:11 PM

You're lucky R217 - I bet OP has no idea who his father was.

by Anonymousreply 218November 30, 2022 4:52 PM

R205 I know one of them did, I remember reading it years back when DL had reliable gossip. Debbie is bisexual (despite her walking it back on and off over the years) and dated one of the girls in The B-52s, they dedicated the song Debbie to her.

by Anonymousreply 219November 30, 2022 5:03 PM

R219 I think Kate said that her wife is the first woman she's been with and Cindy is straight. When was this? I know Debbie is bi, but I thought she only fucked girls in her younger days, not dated them.

by Anonymousreply 220November 30, 2022 5:41 PM

Sorry, but I know OP's Ma, affectionately as "Grand Canyon"

by Anonymousreply 221November 30, 2022 5:55 PM

The Mandela effect must be real because I could have sworn Fred Schneider died of AIDS in the late 90s.

by Anonymousreply 222December 1, 2022 1:28 AM

The only reason Taylor Dayne sang at Mar-A-Lago was because Fred cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 223December 1, 2022 1:53 AM

That article at r206 says that Ricky Wilson will be part of the band in Vegas. Who knew the dead could return for a concert?

by Anonymousreply 224December 1, 2022 11:30 PM

There's a British Ricky Wilson, right?

by Anonymousreply 225December 1, 2022 11:32 PM

Hologram Ricky!

by Anonymousreply 226December 2, 2022 9:41 AM

R226 has hit the nail - it'll be an ABBA voyage like hologram. Maybe they can get a hologram Keith as well.

by Anonymousreply 227December 2, 2022 10:22 AM

His voice is grating. I tried and failed to listen to his Sirius show years ago.

by Anonymousreply 228December 2, 2022 12:39 PM

OP needs therapy to deal with his anger issues. Let it go MARY!

by Anonymousreply 229December 2, 2022 12:52 PM

Has anyone ever been to a love shack before?

by Anonymousreply 230December 3, 2022 6:06 PM

Is Fred a gay?

by Anonymousreply 231December 3, 2022 6:07 PM

R231, no.

by Anonymousreply 232December 4, 2022 2:57 PM

Amway is a rail company?

by Anonymousreply 233December 4, 2022 2:58 PM

R233 it’s a popular & resilient pyramid scheme

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234December 4, 2022 8:13 PM

Fred knows how to take a joke and supports Drag. I've seen him several times at Tammie Brown's shows in NYC at the Laurie Beechman theatre. But I'm pretty sure Tammie told me the club owner picked up the check.

by Anonymousreply 235December 5, 2022 2:41 AM

I’ll meet you by the third pyramid scheme…

by Anonymousreply 236December 5, 2022 7:50 PM

It's a crime that this thread didn't reach 600.

by Anonymousreply 237August 17, 2023 10:05 PM

But I only need them for the music.

by Anonymousreply 238August 17, 2023 10:39 PM

Kate is such a BITCH.

by Anonymousreply 239August 17, 2023 10:44 PM

OP is dead on correct.

by Anonymousreply 240August 17, 2023 11:08 PM

Cindy as always my fave. She has a new solo album coming out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241August 17, 2023 11:14 PM

*was

by Anonymousreply 242August 17, 2023 11:14 PM

Has anyone read this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243August 17, 2023 11:15 PM

Madonner.

by Anonymousreply 244August 17, 2023 11:29 PM

I love the B-52s--always have. So why doesn't everyone just SHUT THE FUCK UP.

by Anonymousreply 245August 17, 2023 11:59 PM

I met Fred at Coachella in 2004 when my then-partner was playing in a band on one of the stages that day. They knew each other very tangentially from when my then-guy lived in LA. Enough to stop and say "Hey, how's it going?" So Fred stopped and chatted for a minute.

He had an almost Pee-Wee Herman quality about him. Kind of boyish and mischievous. He was wearing a color-block button-down, jeans and some cool sneakers with white crew socks. Curly sandy blond crop of hair. I could swear he skipped away. At the time it felt like "Wow, omg I just saw a real live Faerie with my actual eyeballs." As an extremely ardent B-52s fan it was surreal and a delight.

This was 20 years ago though. I guess he hadn't gone through the menopause yet.

I should say, he was playing the festival solo. I sadly didn't get to watch.

I think chronic alcoholism is in play for the deterioration of his carriage. I have heard this over the years that he has a problem with drink.

by Anonymousreply 246August 18, 2023 12:41 AM

R237 What a brilliant contribution

by Anonymousreply 247August 18, 2023 12:46 AM

Well, at least R237 wrote something other than "BUMP".

by Anonymousreply 248August 18, 2023 1:03 AM

R232 is high

by Anonymousreply 249August 18, 2023 1:03 AM

Every time he thinks he has a problem, he has a drink.

by Anonymousreply 250August 18, 2023 1:15 AM

R243 - I've just started it, just got up to the recording of the first Rock Lobster single. It's interesting in setting the context for what else was happening in Athens GA around the time the members of the band were coming together.

I've found out a few things I didn't know, such as Jerry Ayres, who wrote the lyrics to 52 Girls was on the periphery of the Warhol crowd in the early 1970s and was a drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 251September 12, 2023 2:47 PM

I think Fred and Kate are terrific. I really do.

by Anonymousreply 252September 12, 2023 3:37 PM

I’ve heard about Kate before.

by Anonymousreply 253September 12, 2023 4:20 PM

[QUOTE] I think chronic alcoholism is in play for the deterioration of his carriage. I have heard this over the years that he has a problem with drink.

This is true. I saw him drink driving at Burning Man last week. But his Chrysler got stuck in the mud due to that rainstorm they had there. He did not look happy.

by Anonymousreply 254September 13, 2023 7:29 AM

Was it as big as a whale?

by Anonymousreply 255September 13, 2023 10:44 AM

Fascinating

by Anonymousreply 256September 13, 2023 10:53 AM

Doesn't Fred still have that house out on Long Island with the long term partner?

by Anonymousreply 257September 13, 2023 5:56 PM

He was DRINK DRIVING!

by Anonymousreply 258September 13, 2023 6:35 PM

I've now finished the book on them and I'm disappointed. It's very lightweight, it mentions things in passing but doesn't go into any depth.

For example during the making of Mesopotamia they mention the band were fragmenting and falling into factions, but doesn't say WHY or WHO was having problems.

Also for the first two albums they talk about each track in turn, yet when we get to Mesopotamia two tracks don't even get mentioned, which is pretty piss-poor when there are only six of them anyway. They talk about the out-takes more than Throw That Beat In The Garbage Can or Nip It In The Bud.

There's no mention of the video the band made in 1978 for Lava, no mention of Keith, Kate and Cindy's work with Melon, no mention of Ricky's work with Tom Verlaine.

Reading between the lines it seems to say Ricky and Keith were lovers. When Ricky dies one section ends "...and Keith was now alone."

Over all then, disappointing. I hope the band's official biography / documentary that has apparently been in the works for years sheds better light on things. I'd save your money R243.

Oh and R242 - C indy's album is amazing, but I do find it frustrating that solo albums keep appearing but they can't seem to get together to write anything together any more.

by Anonymousreply 259September 15, 2023 5:16 AM

well i'm sure there a bunch of books about them, just read a different one

by Anonymousreply 260September 16, 2023 12:14 AM

No there aren't. There are just two - this one and The B-52's Universe.

by Anonymousreply 261September 16, 2023 10:15 AM

They were much more likeable in their prehistoric form, The BC-52s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262September 16, 2023 10:30 AM

R38- Fred was never someone who could be described as glamorous looking.

I wonder if he found it much harder to get laid than his two pretty boy band mates.

by Anonymousreply 263September 16, 2023 11:56 AM

Deborah Harry walked back her bisexual claim a few years ago.

She’s straight.

by Anonymousreply 264September 16, 2023 12:07 PM

Ricky Wilson was pretty - too bad he got the HIV and died.

by Anonymousreply 265September 16, 2023 12:15 PM

R265- I just looked him up. He was only 32 years old when he died in 1985- so young.

by Anonymousreply 266September 16, 2023 12:20 PM

R266 Probably already had more dick than Fred ever has.

by Anonymousreply 267September 16, 2023 12:22 PM

R263 Fred may have been more appealing if he'd eaten a cheeseburger and found a washcloth.

by Anonymousreply 268September 16, 2023 8:07 PM

Kate has her new solo single out today, Every Day Is Halloween, co-written with Sia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269October 13, 2023 2:42 PM

She's giving Stevie Nicks in r269's video.

by Anonymousreply 270October 13, 2023 3:37 PM

OP did you know their original guitarist, the lovely Ricky Wilson? I'd like to think he wasn't an asshole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271October 13, 2023 4:42 PM

All their songs sounded the same. Definitely living in their own private Idaho.

by Anonymousreply 272October 13, 2023 5:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!