Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Disney asks $1000 per night for this shitty hotel room

Unbelievable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 15, 2022 1:07 AM

I can't be mad at Disney. People pay their ridiculous prices and I don't feel bad. So many Americans worship that brand like Jesus and will go bankrupt to go to a Disney park multiple times a year. I hear they do provide good service though. I went once as a kid but we didn't stay the night, just one day because that was already in our budget. I don't plan to visit again unless I have kids. I'm fine with Six Flags.

by Anonymousreply 1November 14, 2022 12:34 AM

It's a deal ! Gives us 2000 rooms, open ended contract.

We feel terrible putting out Mexicans and Colombians in these lousy $400 a night rooms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 14, 2022 12:36 AM

A heavy discount on the tax I would levy on Disney imbeciles.

by Anonymousreply 3November 14, 2022 12:37 AM

Well, it looks a lot different from when I stayed there in 1977. The room I stayed in was not in the main section the monorail ran through, it was in one of the flanking buildings. I remember what it cost - $50 per night. That seemed like a fortune then.

by Anonymousreply 4November 14, 2022 12:40 AM

People will still pay, though

by Anonymousreply 5November 14, 2022 12:42 AM

R2 is the NY Post Troll

by Anonymousreply 6November 14, 2022 12:43 AM

The only industry gouging customers more than the oil companies is the travel industry.

Airlines, hotels and rental car companies have all increased their rates and fares in order to make up for lost revenue in 2020 and 2021, despite being given generous federal aid. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

by Anonymousreply 7November 14, 2022 12:45 AM

R2 - This junk comes from the same dumb-as-fuck scribblers who describe Carnival Cruises as a 'Luxury Line'.

by Anonymousreply 8November 14, 2022 12:45 AM

Gouging customers and still paying slave wages.

by Anonymousreply 9November 14, 2022 12:48 AM

But seriously it looks like a Holiday Inn Express.

by Anonymousreply 10November 14, 2022 1:02 AM

Exactly, R9.

It's the reason so many new hotels are opening: they're the closet things to gold mines because it costs nothing to operate them. It's pure profit. Even during COVID, new hotel construction and openings never diminished.

If there's one industry that desperately needs to be unionized, it's the "leisure" industry.

by Anonymousreply 11November 14, 2022 1:04 AM

I went to Disney World once...on a band trip in high school. It was a few weeks before Animal Kingdom opened, but I really enjoyed it. That said, I don't need to go back. Even if I had to stay in a hostel, I'd rather go to the ACTUAL countries featured in EPCOT (my favorite park, for the record).

by Anonymousreply 12November 14, 2022 1:19 AM

Here's a funny review of a $750 room at the flagship Grand Floridian.

Based on the critic's thorough room inspection, he appears to be a member of this site.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 14, 2022 1:35 AM

I last went to Disney when I was 16, in 1990. I never need to go back. I admit I laugh inside and harshly judge many of my friends who are suckers for that shit.

by Anonymousreply 14November 14, 2022 1:58 AM

Looks like Motel 6…..do they keep the light on for ya?

by Anonymousreply 15November 14, 2022 2:01 AM

R13, yikes, dude spent all that money $$$$ to be a miserable cunt. Can you imagine having sex with him? There would be a two hour reading critique email to you afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 16November 14, 2022 2:13 AM

Curse you r13 for making me watch that jersey queen’s review. I wonder what the cameraman looks like.

by Anonymousreply 17November 14, 2022 3:01 AM

Here’s your answer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 14, 2022 3:02 AM

If you haven’t stayed at a Disney owned property, it is hard to explain how big a ripoff it is. I don’t mind paying through the nose if the experience is good, but the price / value equation just isn’t there. Not even close. Except for maybe the Beach Club.

by Anonymousreply 19November 14, 2022 3:06 AM

On October 1, 1971, when Walt Disney World Resort opened in Orlando, Florida, the price of one general admission ticket was $3.50 per person. Adjusted for inflation, a ticket today would cost about $21. The next year, Disney hiked its price by 25 cents to $3.75.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 14, 2022 3:49 AM

R13- Good Lord Sweet Baby Jesus😂. A perpetually-single gentleman of a certain age who travels to Disney World with his elderly mother, complains about the hotel check-in girl, then leaves the "chintzy" bathrobe he dropped on the floor of the hotel gift shop?

He has at least three accounts on DL.

by Anonymousreply 21November 14, 2022 4:20 AM

R18 Ugh.Shes git Bitch Cunt written all over her face. I bet shes never actually touched another mans dick . No one would ever meet her high standards.

by Anonymousreply 22November 14, 2022 4:25 AM

I would be so pissed off if I paid $1000 for that cheap, ugly room.

by Anonymousreply 23November 14, 2022 6:05 AM

Disney adults are creepy.

by Anonymousreply 24November 14, 2022 8:13 PM

A lot of people (and gay men) feel the "Disney Magic" of staying onsite is worth the extra cost.

I'm sure there are price points the hotels in OP's video and R13 make sense.

by Anonymousreply 25November 15, 2022 1:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!