Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Netflix officially releases new plan with ads!

You can now buy a Netflix plan at a cheaper price at $6.99/month...BUT, it comes with quite a few downfalls.

Due to "licensing issues", titles such as Grey's Anatomy, How to Get Away with Murder, Breaking Bad and many more are currently not available to watch on the platform with the ads tier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 14, 2022 8:28 PM

Netflix - 19.99/mo

Hulu/Disney+/ESPN Bundle - 14.99/mo

HBOMax - 14.99/mo

Starz - 8.99/mo

Paramount+/Showtime Bundle - 11.99/mo

Discovery+ - 6.99/mo

AMC+ - 6.99/mo

The internet service you need to stream all of this shit - 50-100/mo

Total monthly cost for streaming: 134.93-184.93/mo

Am I doing this right?

by Anonymousreply 1November 13, 2022 11:43 PM

[quote]Netflix - 19.99/mo

I pay 9.99 for Netflix

by Anonymousreply 2November 13, 2022 11:46 PM

Well there are many other streaming services others use. But you pick which ones you like r1.

I mean, how many people are subscribed to Starz? There are many others too, like Showtime, Cinemax, Shudder, EPIX etc.

Even Hallmark and Lifetime have their own monthly subscriptions now.

by Anonymousreply 3November 13, 2022 11:46 PM

R2 yes. You have the Basic plan. The $6.99 is the basic plan with ads. It all comes down to if you want to pay the extra $3 or not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 13, 2022 11:47 PM

r2 I have a 4K TV. :(

by Anonymousreply 5November 14, 2022 12:15 AM

R5 ok? So do I. Doesn’t mean the lower tiers won’t work…

by Anonymousreply 6November 14, 2022 12:16 AM

Time for these streaming channels to be regulated. I bought a Roku device only to find out I'm required to subscribe to the Roku Channel in order to access certain of their programs.

WTF!

by Anonymousreply 7November 14, 2022 12:28 AM

[quote]Doesn’t mean the lower tiers won’t work…

But the 4K pic won't be as pretty...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 14, 2022 12:30 AM

R7 what are you talking about? Roku channel is free. You just need to be subscribed if you want the premium channels.

by Anonymousreply 9November 14, 2022 12:31 AM

Sucks. It’s just plain old TV again with ads.

by Anonymousreply 10November 14, 2022 12:40 AM

Although I have to say I pay for YouTube monthly for no ads and it’s a life changer.

by Anonymousreply 11November 14, 2022 12:41 AM

I don’t mind ads on tv. I hate them on YouTube though.

by Anonymousreply 12November 14, 2022 12:42 AM

I download everything I want to see. Occasionally I watch MSNBC live. That's it.

by Anonymousreply 13November 14, 2022 12:47 AM

[quote]The internet service you need to stream all of this shit - 50-100/mo. The internet service you need to stream all of this shit - 50-100/mo

That's exactly like a grotesque fatty saying she needs a plate of everything from the buffet. You don't need anywhere near all the streams. Prioritize the ones you like best and choose one or two to subscribe to, and rotate them, going off and on the services so that you don't have subscriptions on for everything at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 14November 14, 2022 6:11 AM

R14 is right. I learned to unsubscribe until something is out I genuinely am interested in, and then I resubscribe.

I was paying for Netflix for YEARS and hardly used it. No lie. I would go months without using it yet for some reason I never thought to cancel it.

After this most recent price hike I finally canceled and only subscribed last month to watch Dahmer.

by Anonymousreply 15November 14, 2022 8:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!