Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

KFC Apologizes for Linking Chicken Promotion to Kristallnacht

Not the Onion- KFC’s German branch has apologized for seeming to encourage its customers to mark the anniversary of Kristallnacht — the notorious Nazi pogrom against Jews — by eating chicken, saying that a promotional message was sent in error as a result of an automated push notification.

The pogrom that began on Nov. 9, 1938, is known as the night of broken glass, and is widely commemorated as the start of the Holocaust. It was a coordinated assault on German Jews and their homes, businesses and synagogues.

On Wednesday, KFC Germany sent a message to users of its app with the title “Anniversary of the Reich’s pogrom night,” according to reports in the German news media and screen shots of the promotion that circulated widely on Twitter. The message invited customers to enjoy “tender cheese with crispy chicken.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 28, 2023 2:09 AM

Lol. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 1November 11, 2022 7:47 PM

Reminds me of this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 11, 2022 7:50 PM

It's a night the whole family wants to celebrate!

by Anonymousreply 3November 11, 2022 7:51 PM

[quote]KFC Germany sent a message to users of its app with the title “Anniversary of the Reich’s pogrom night,”

quote]saying that a promotional message was sent in error as a result of an automated push notification.

I call absolute bullshit on their excuse. Someone wrote the "automated push notification" and put it into the system. That explanation makes absolutely no sense and is a complete obfuscation and abdication of responsibility.

They're pretending that it was some sort of "technical" glitch, as opposed to a willful act that slipped through whatever obviously limited controls they have for maintaining the integrity of their systems. It was not an error by any stretch of the imagination.

by Anonymousreply 4November 11, 2022 8:03 PM

The explanation is that they meant to send it out as a advertising campaign for Nazis, but accidentally sent it out to Jews instead. It could have happened to anyone!

by Anonymousreply 5November 11, 2022 8:08 PM

If I have to celebrate Kristallnacht, I want to do it with tender cheese with crispy chicken.

by Anonymousreply 6November 11, 2022 8:11 PM

This is so unspeakably perverse. You really can't make this stuff up.

by Anonymousreply 7November 11, 2022 8:13 PM

"You need a special oven to get chicken this crispy!"

by Anonymousreply 8November 11, 2022 8:15 PM

R8 I’d be offended but that was on point.

by Anonymousreply 9November 11, 2022 8:23 PM

We fired the headless chicken who thought that message had legs.

by Anonymousreply 10November 11, 2022 9:04 PM

It's so nice, nice to feel

So good about a meal

So good about Kentucky Fried Chicken!

by Anonymousreply 11November 11, 2022 10:23 PM

Spicy, extra crispy “chicken” thighs. No substitutions.

by Anonymousreply 12November 11, 2022 10:33 PM

WTF? Years ago I met a woman at my synagogue who was 17 and in Germany at that time. I’ll never forget her telling me she wouldn’t even look at her non Jewish friends so as not to get them in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 13November 11, 2022 11:08 PM

I remember Lauren Bacall promoting Winter Tulip Tumblers for Arby's and KFC Kristallnacht glasses for Purim.

by Anonymousreply 14November 12, 2022 2:39 AM

OP = worse than the colonel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 12, 2022 2:44 AM

[quote] It's a night the whole family wants to celebrate!

Quite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 12, 2022 5:15 AM

[quote] That explanation makes absolutely no sense and is a complete obfuscation and abdication of responsibility.

Their explanation went up in smoke.

by Anonymousreply 17November 12, 2022 5:17 AM

[quote]It's a night the whole family wants to celebrate!

You are so right

by Anonymousreply 18November 12, 2022 5:17 AM

It's fingers, licking good.

by Anonymousreply 19November 12, 2022 5:24 AM

Just another day in anti-Jew America.

by Anonymousreply 20November 12, 2022 5:26 AM

[quote] This is so unspeakably perverse.

Agreed. I had to take a shower after reading the article.

by Anonymousreply 21November 12, 2022 5:26 AM

[quote] Just another day in anti-Jew America.

Chermany not America.

by Anonymousreply 22November 12, 2022 5:27 AM

R22 America = 1930s Germany

by Anonymousreply 23November 12, 2022 5:31 AM

R20 is a fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 24November 12, 2022 5:31 AM

R24 Adolph, is that you???

by Anonymousreply 25November 12, 2022 5:32 AM

I tell you right now Germany will start the next World War. They always find a fucking way.

by Anonymousreply 26November 12, 2022 5:34 AM

I tell you right now America will start the next Holocaust. See this thread for examples.

by Anonymousreply 27November 12, 2022 5:36 AM

What’s with all the hee hate in the world lately? Dark times.

by Anonymousreply 28November 12, 2022 5:42 AM

Jew hate I mean

by Anonymousreply 29November 12, 2022 5:43 AM

[quote] What’s with all the hee hate in the world lately?

He He was ha-hated since her break up with Ellen and culminated with her fiery death.

by Anonymousreply 30November 12, 2022 5:44 AM

Speaking of fiery deaths, can we get back to discussing the Jews and extra crispy fried chicken?

by Anonymousreply 31November 12, 2022 5:46 AM

Was the chicken oven baked?

by Anonymousreply 32November 12, 2022 6:03 AM

Hey. These things happen.

by Anonymousreply 33November 12, 2022 6:05 AM

Fiddler Licking Good

by Anonymousreply 34November 12, 2022 6:11 AM

KFC apologizes for Kristallnacht promotion By Mike Ives and Melissa Eddy The New York Times KFC’s German branch has apologized for seeming to encourage its customers to mark the anniversary of Kristallnacht — the notorious Nazi pogrom against Jews — by eating chicken, saying that a promotional message was sent in error as a result of an automated push notification. The pogrom that began Nov. 9, 1938, is known as the “Night of Broken Glass” and is widely commemorated as the start of the Holocaust. It was a coordinated assault on German Jews and their homes, businesses and synagogues. On Wednesday, KFC Germany sent a message to users of its app with the title “Anniversary of the Reich’s pogrom night,” according to reports in the German news media and screenshots of the promotion that circulated widely on Twitter. The message invited customers to enjoy “tender cheese with crispy chicken.” KFC Germany quickly followed up with an apology within the app for having sent what it called an “incorrect” and “inappropriate” message. But criticism was swift and merciless. “How wrong can you get on Kristallnacht @KFCDeutschland,” Dalia Grinfeld, the associate director for European affairs at the Anti-Defamation League, wrote on Twitter. “Shame on you!” KFC Germany apologized again in a statement to news outlets, saying that its “obviously wrong, insensitive and unacceptable” message about Kristallnacht resulted from an automated push notification that had been sent by accident. The statement added that the company has a “semi-automated content creation process linked to calendars that include national observances.” “In this instance, our internal review process was not properly followed, resulting in a nonapproved notification being shared,” the statement said. When the violence of Kristallnacht ended, 92 people had been killed, 30,000 had been sent to concentration camps and 1,400 synagogues had been destroyed, according to Yad Vashem, the World Holocaust Remembrance Center in Israel.

by Anonymousreply 35November 12, 2022 1:20 PM

KFC likely mixed up Kristallnacht with Rosh Hasanah

by Anonymousreply 36November 12, 2022 1:24 PM

Who eats KFC nowadays??

by Anonymousreply 37November 12, 2022 1:25 PM

Kristallnacht Sales at the mall!

by Anonymousreply 38November 12, 2022 1:26 PM

The only way I could see this happening is if their push notification system had entries for every holiday, remembrance, and/or event already installed, and someone wasn't paying attention and said sure, here's an event today, let's promote it.

Which is fine if it's St. Patrick's Day and you want to send out a push notification saying "Top o' th' mornin' to ya! Eat chicken stuff today because it's a dumb holiday!" and not so great if it's the anniversary of Kristallnacht.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 12, 2022 1:28 PM

Is Kristallnacht a day celebrated in Germany? I doubt it

by Anonymousreply 40November 12, 2022 2:25 PM

Ashkenazi or extra crispy, er, Sephardic?

by Anonymousreply 41November 13, 2022 1:17 AM

[quote]I tell you right now Germany will start the next World War. They always find a fucking way.

They're partly/mostly responsible for this mess with Putin and Ukraine. That's why they did NOT want to help during the beginning of russo-Ukraine War. They even refused to let other countries cross through Germany or use their airspace to deliver supplies/weapons to Ukraine. Those fucking scumbag germans had to be publicly shamed into allowing other countries to use their airspace.

You'll notice that frau merkel retired right at the perfect moment, just before russia attacked Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 42November 14, 2022 3:07 PM

These KFC Kristallnacht bowls are are terrible -- and such small portions!

by Anonymousreply 43November 15, 2022 1:21 AM

They should apologize for discontinuing the FUCKING POTATO WEDGES! I haven’t eaten one goddamned thing at KFC since and I WILL NOT EAT THERE UNTIL THEY BRING THE FUCKING WEDGES BACK!

by Anonymousreply 44January 26, 2023 3:24 AM

R4 Exactly. Just say "we had a complete lunatic working here that posted that. We pulled it. Fired him. We are so sorry." And then never mention it again.

by Anonymousreply 45January 26, 2023 3:33 AM

R44 Loved the wedges. What do they have now? Regular fries?

by Anonymousreply 46January 26, 2023 3:34 AM

[quote] I’ll never forget her telling me

Never forget!

by Anonymousreply 47January 26, 2023 3:34 AM

[quote] And then never mention it again.

It is through silence that we risk it happening again.

by Anonymousreply 48January 26, 2023 3:36 AM

Oh, we can mention Kristallnacht just not KFC.

love that chicken from popeyes!

by Anonymousreply 49January 26, 2023 3:43 AM

KFC - The Final Solution To the Flavor Question®

by Anonymousreply 50January 26, 2023 5:12 AM

Yes, I’m sure KFC wanted to pay tribute to the Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 51January 26, 2023 6:20 AM

How did this get bumped? It happened three months ago.

by Anonymousreply 52January 26, 2023 10:56 AM

Was it oven roasted chicken?

by Anonymousreply 53January 26, 2023 12:38 PM

R44 Have you lost weight since they have been discontinued?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 26, 2023 3:04 PM

Very original, r53.

The absolute pinnacle of hee-larity. It was also funny the other several times it’s been asked.

Such wit.

by Anonymousreply 55January 26, 2023 3:17 PM

^Like Patti LuPone, who reads only her part of the script, I don't bother with reading other people's thread replies. 99% of them are unfunny or moronic.

Sort of like you, R55.

by Anonymousreply 56January 26, 2023 4:29 PM

Just wait til they debut their new limited-time promotional dessert, the Cyclone B Smoothie®. It's a real gas!

by Anonymousreply 57January 26, 2023 4:32 PM

[quote]I don't bother with reading other people's thread replies. 99% of them are unfunny or moronic.

So why the fuck do you even come here then? You think you’re all that? Yours are the only posts that matter? How fucking arrogant! What a fucking supreme douche bag.

And it’s ironic that you accuse others’ posts of being unfunny and moronic when you posted something that’s both, after many other people tried it.

You’re just an asshole. Don’t bother responding because I won’t see it.

by Anonymousreply 58January 26, 2023 4:37 PM

[quote] Have you lost weight since they have been discontinued?

R54, R44 was only skin and bones when the Americans liberated him.

by Anonymousreply 59January 26, 2023 11:58 PM

Did KFC have any promotions today?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 28, 2023 2:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!