Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ricky Martin granted extension of restraining order against his nephew

At the hearing for the temporary restraining order last month, Ricky provided evidence of his nephew Dennis texting him at least 10 times a day, making an Instagram of his kid, and asking to hang out with his kids, and Ricky said he got a text from a third party stating that Dennis will stop if he gives him money. And a couple weeks ago Dennis’ request for a temp restraining order was denied after his mother, who is Ricky’s half sister, provided texts between them showing Dennis was planning to harm Ricky for economic benefit.

The restraining order is good for a year. No word yet if Ricky or others provided any extra or new evidence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 28, 2023 11:18 PM

The kid is mentally ill. It’s sad.

by Anonymousreply 1November 10, 2022 7:05 PM

Ricky seems guilty

by Anonymousreply 2November 10, 2022 7:48 PM

Update on the case:

Dennis is in hiding, as summoners have been trying to serve him the papers of the 30 mil lawsuit Ricky filed by going to his place of residence 15 times. They staked out from 7a-7p multiple days and he never showed up, and what a neighbor said was Dennis’ car remained parked the entire time.

Dennis’ father seems to be complicit in his hiding. The father gives excuses as to where he is, such as saying he is at a cousin’s house and refused to give anymore info such as which cousin or the address. He also stated to the summoner he would personally give the papers to his son, but then stated later to the summoner at one point "he could not disturb his son, since he was sleeping and got up late."

Even more, the summoner also went to the fucking San Juan Prosecutor’s office because Dennis was supposed to do a interview (presumably for the CSA accusations) and he never showed up.

And lastly, Ricky’s lawyer stated from their evidence Dennis is currently unemployed (shocking) so they cannot use a work address. The lawyers also claimed Dennis seems to have abandoned/deleted his social media, so they can’t contact him there either, as only his father, Dennis Sanchez Sr, comes up when they try to search.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 30, 2022 4:18 AM

Fellas, thanks for reinforcing the stereotype that Puerto Rican families are trash!

Such sleazy gossipy nonsense out of both sides!

by Anonymousreply 4November 30, 2022 4:37 AM

It seems Dennis has finally found a lawyer to work with him. He has filed a motion to dismiss the 30 million lawsuit against him before he could be summoned.

I know absolutely nothing about PR law and my spanish is honestly pretty bad so if anybody can read it better or know PR law please correct me.

Dennis' lawyer wants a dismissal of the lawsuit for a couple of reasons.

First reason being the nephew was 20 when he requested the first TRO, and being under 21 means he was a minor. This is actually why he was originally not named in reputable Puerto Rico news until Ricky's brother confirmed it was him. However I'm not sure what that has to do with what's going on now beyond making Ricky look mean for suing somebody who was a "minor" despite the nephew being 21 now, and who was and currently is otherwise a grown ass man under just about every other law in every country. But then again I'm not a lawyer and don't know PR law, so...

Second reason he claims being law 54 (the law Dennis' TRO was under) has constitutional protection and absolute immunity and is not recognized as a source of civil liability. Again, know nothing about PR law and I'm not a lawyer but considering the nephew never actually presented any evidence that we know of it would be easy for Ricky's lawyers to clap back against that? Like PR DOES have to follow US constitution and defamation is one of the few things not protected by freedom of speech...

Then after that paragraph the lawyer just goes back to the nephew being 20 when he requested the TRO and says Ricky is a millionaire who is just trying to flex on the nephew. Which to be fair is pretty true. I'm sure Ricky knows he's not gonna get a cent from him. But I think it's also partially a discovery process because Ricky's lawyer and Ricky's sister have both stressed at least a couple times they think somebody is behind the nephew telling him what to do and want the nephew away from them if it is true.

And the lawyer is requesting Ricky give him $10,000 dollars in addition to the lawsuit dismissal, because the nephew sure as hell isn't going to pay him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 13, 2022 7:29 AM

Why there are still people who believe the nephew is beyond me. The nephew stated Ricky was harassing him through texts, calls, and social media, and yet at every turn the nephew is resisting attempts at having his phone submitted as evidence. Even in the lawsuit HE made where he called Ricky a pedophile and got US federal agents involved he outright refused to hand them his phone.

It's pretty obvious somebody is working with the nephew at this point in some capacity, either his dad or Rosello's ilk. A puerto rican gossip show called La Comay is run by this really racist and homophobic guy, and he was confirmed to have taken money from the CEO of KOI during telegramgate (the thing that lend to Ricky Rosello's ousting), and the CEO of KOI is one of Rosello's BFFs. La Comay somehow always manages to get the nephew's filings/accusations/etc right when they happen... before any actual news sites/stations and he somehow got a hold of one of the US federal filings... from New York. At best the nephew or somebody close to him like his dad is giving Comay this shit for money or there's politicians in this shit trying to smear Ricky as revenge for the 2019 PR protests.

by Anonymousreply 6December 13, 2022 8:06 AM

Up your security, Rick. That bitch is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 7December 13, 2022 8:23 AM

R7 Ricky lives in LA, he personally will be fine... the rest of their family though yeah it sucks to be them. The nephew was already violent towards some of them, in addition to harassing some of them and loitering outside of the elderly family members' houses. Though I bet the weeks the nephew was in hiding was the most peaceful their lives have been in a while!

by Anonymousreply 8December 13, 2022 10:01 AM

Why is Andrew Ridgeley stalking Ricky Martin?

by Anonymousreply 9December 13, 2022 10:05 AM

The lawyers the nephew acquired in mid December in R5 have abandoned the nephew and the case as of Feb 1st. Didn’t even last 3 full months.

They abandoned him because of “irreconcilable differences, which prevent [them] from providing adequate representation as required by the canons of ethics that govern [their] profession”

The nephew probably asked them to do outright illegal shit (like perjury) or acted out, and the lawyers decided taking down or slandering Ricky wasn’t worth their professional reputation.

It’s worth noting that one of the lawyers, Jaime A. Alcover, is very aligned with PNP interests, adding yet another example why this entire thing is probably a PNP smear campaign in retaliation for the 2019 protests.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 12, 2023 11:33 AM

Half-nephew.

by Anonymousreply 11February 12, 2023 12:46 PM

The nephew is a scary fuckup but shrewd. He can always put his name on the Republican ticket and be elected to office.

by Anonymousreply 12February 12, 2023 1:38 PM

I love how people were quick to think Ricky was a depraved molester without hearing his side of the story. It's crazy how easy people are to vilify gay men.

by Anonymousreply 13February 12, 2023 2:28 PM

Ricky is such a sexy daddy

by Anonymousreply 14February 12, 2023 2:41 PM

R13 I know it’ll never happen because they probably have sex tapes/blackmail material but I wish Ricky sue TMZ. They were pretty much responsible for other news/gossip sites headlines and articles, including ones that weren’t in English or Spanish, and they very obviously ran spanish gossip articles through google translate. And they didn’t even bother posting legal trouble the nephew had gotten into despite it being very relevant and most of it being publicly available and already translated into English by fans. Ffs the guy had a restraining order against him from 2021 that is almost EXACTLY what he accused Ricky of. The second I found out about that it was very obvious the nephew was bullshitting.

by Anonymousreply 15February 13, 2023 7:53 AM

Dennis has 15 days to get a new lawyer or he could be in default, opening himself up for economic sanctions/fines and the continuation of the lawsuit without him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16March 2, 2023 8:18 AM

[quote]Dennis will stop if he gives him money.

As if this hasn't been blatantly obvious from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 17March 2, 2023 8:47 AM

Wouldn't surprise me if the nephew was abused by someone and chose rich uncle Ricky as a proxy to take it all out on and cash in at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 18March 2, 2023 9:56 AM

^ Well he was taken away from his mom/Vanessa Martin in 2016 and I honestly haven't heard any concrete rumors about WHERE he went after that. I assumed Dennis Sr's house, as I assume he and Vanessa got divorced after she beat his car with a baseball in 2014 (if they weren't already separated). I've only seen a couple comments claiming he went into foster care but no way of knowing if they are from Puerto Rico like a lot of the other rumors I've seen of him (like him being horrible towards classmates/neighbors, Ricky paying for his schooling, etc). If he did go into foster care yeah I could see him being abused by somebody.

by Anonymousreply 19March 2, 2023 10:27 AM

There will be a hearing on March 31st to determine if Dennis is capable of representing himself in the case. Dennis states he doesn't have the money for a lawyer, "read the Rules of Civil Procedure on more than 5 occasions", and went through a class about civil procedures from a professor named Charles Zeno.

Ricky's lawyers of course said Dennis is a dumbass who doesn't know enough about all this to adequately represent himself and will just cause a media circus, and claim money shouldn't be an issue as Dennis has already had a lawyer in this case..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 14, 2023 2:15 PM

Haters fuck off. Ricky is an American hero. He is also a musical and gay rights icon.

by Anonymousreply 21March 14, 2023 2:21 PM

is the nephew transgender, he looks like a dumpy gurl

by Anonymousreply 22March 14, 2023 2:30 PM

Dennis says he has aspergers, so said hearing mentioned in R20 will be in person and not over video conference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 18, 2023 7:16 AM

R22 I agree. That nephew sure is ugly. Imagine being that fucked up AND that ugly!

by Anonymousreply 24March 18, 2023 7:50 AM

[quote] the summoner also went to the fucking San Juan Prosecutor’s office

The San Juan Prosecutor gets paid to do that?

by Anonymousreply 25March 18, 2023 8:08 AM

I don't understand this tacky, peasant drama. Ricky Martin has no legal obligation to support this mentally deranged person who is over 18 and is therefore an adult. Why is this case still tying up the courts? Everything should be dismissed & the grifting nephew should be fined if he continues to file frivolous lawsuits.

by Anonymousreply 26March 18, 2023 8:19 AM

Dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 27March 18, 2023 8:31 AM

R2 I changed my mind on that. Ricky Martin seems fine; the kid seems psychotic.

by Anonymousreply 28March 18, 2023 10:49 AM

R26 The case tied up at the court is Ricky suing the nephew, not the other way around. And it's only tied up because the nephew is fighting it best he can eg going into hiding to avoid being summoned, trying to represent himself, etc. Ricky's lawyers know he's stalling and trying to make a media circus of the case and keep telling the judges that's what he's doing.

by Anonymousreply 29March 18, 2023 11:27 AM

The nephew deserves the legal drama. He's a lowlife

by Anonymousreply 30March 18, 2023 5:21 PM

Dennis is requesting that the hearing on March 31st mentioned in R20 be broadcasted, calling himself an "independent journalist" (as a rule 15 states the media can make that request lol). The article notes Dennis has not said where he works as an independent journalist nor can they find any of his works.

This guy IS fucking nuts... he seems so delusional, up his own ass, and entitled. He's gotta have something other than aspergers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 24, 2023 1:56 AM

But how will he be able to fuck him with a restraining order?

by Anonymousreply 32March 24, 2023 1:57 AM

Predictably, the court has denied Dennis' request. The hearing on March 31st to determine if he can represent himself will not to be broadcasted live.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 25, 2023 1:35 PM

Publi-Inversiones de Puerto Rico Inc. requested the March 31st hearing where the nephew must prove he can represent himself be broadcasted. And the court approved it so I guess we’ll see if Dennis makes a fool of himself or not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 28, 2023 11:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!