Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jensen Ackles Continues To Hype His Shows Despite Grim Outlook

Jensen Ackles took to Twitter to get fans excited about The Winchesters, which might be canceled soon.

Jensen Ackles is doing what he can to keep fans of both The Winchesters and Supernatural as hyped up as possible, though the current rumor is that the prequel series will meet its end soon. The Supernatural prequel series has not received the best news, which could be why Ackles has taken to Twitter to try and hype up the loyal followers of the franchise he starred in. The CW is being rebranded by current owner Nexstar, and the rebrand involves not going forward with a backorder for more episodes of The Winchesters.

Jensen Acklesā€™s longtime co-star Jared Padalecki is also feeling the fallout from the CW rebrand as well, as his Walker, Texas Ranger reboot series is also reportedly on the chopping block for Nexstar. Both Walker and The Winchesters are not going to get backorder episodes, leaving both Supernatural stars affected by this new takeover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 7, 2022 10:52 AM

I can't believe both dozen viewers of the CW can't keep these shows going. Ackles is good in Big Sky, but I haven't seen the end yet, so maybe his character died.

by Anonymousreply 1November 4, 2022 4:48 PM

I bet Misha is just lapping this up like a kitten in the milk bowl.

by Anonymousreply 2November 4, 2022 5:27 PM

I don't know what's grim about it, the Winchester's was the CW's most watched premiere of 2022. A whopping 781,000 viewers tuned in. That's almost 0.003% of the population.

by Anonymousreply 3November 4, 2022 6:05 PM

R1 it's not about the views.

by Anonymousreply 4November 5, 2022 4:58 AM

Probably not r2 since his new show could also be cancelled before it even airs. The CW just cancelled Whose Line Is It Anyway.

by Anonymousreply 5November 7, 2022 4:31 AM

I posted this in the Jensen Ackles Supernatural prequel thread, and it turns out that I was right.:

"I just caught the premiere.

As a hard core Supernatural fan, I'm sad to say that I HATED it.

First off, they changed John and Mary's history. Right off the bat.

In the original series, when Dean is sent back in time for the first time, John is an innocent young man back from the war. He has no clue that Mary is a hunter from a hunter family. And this is AFTER they had been dating for a while.

In fact, John is about to propose to Mary, and he STILL doesn't know she's a hunter.

So why are they starting off this series with them just meeting, and Mary telling John that she's a hunter?

Anyone who watches Supernatural, knows that's not the correct timeline!!!

Second, I don't like the actress who plays Mary. AT ALL.

She's not right for the part. They are trying to make her some badass hunter like Sam and Dean, but that's not who she is. In the time two times that we've seen Mary (in the 1970's), the actress who played Mary (Amy Gumenick) is very soft and sweet. Endearingly sweet, in fact.

This young actress they have in the Winchester series is cold and not very charismatic. And she has no chemistry with the guy who plays John Winchester.

I hate that young females nowdays always have to be like men. They always have to be "kickass" and hard, to give the impression of strength.

I feel that there's a strength in softness. You can be passive and sweet, yet still be strong. Many women are like that. Female characters don't always have to be a "badass bitch" to be "strong."

I think that both Amy Gumenick and Samantha Smith (original Mary Winchester) are both soft spoken, yet strong. They both portrayed a softer side of Mary Winchester, yet both had strength when it was called for. But not in the way that this new actress is portraying it. This actress is just too fucking bossy. And that's NOT the Mary Winchester I know from the 15 seasons of Supernatural.

The guy who plays John just seems like a sidekick to Mary, which just adds to the frustration of this first episode.

Sam and Dean were partners. "The Winchesters" Mary and John are not partners. They made her the boss, and that too is not the way they were portrayed in Supernatural. In the original show, they were an old-fashioned husband and wife couple from the 1970's, trying to raise a family.

This new John and Mary are too 2022. Not 1972. And I hate that.

I'm shocked that the people involved in this show have strayed so much from the lore and the original characters.

You have McG as producer, Robbie Thompson as EP and writer, and Jensen and Danneel as EP's.

All of these people are very familiar with all 15 seasons of the original Supernatural, so it just bums me out that this new show doesn't have any of the feel of the old Supernatural.

I'm not loving it so far."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 7, 2022 4:47 AM

Then I posted this:

"I'll tell you what this Supernatural prequel is lacking: fun, light heartedness, and humor.

And it's no wonder, considering that Jensen Ackles is the Executive Producer, because he lacks fun, light heartedness and humor.

This new show needs a shot of Richard Speight, Jr.

Not only is he intimately familiar with Supernatural, but he brings a lot of fun to the episodes he directs.

Jensen just isn't a lot of fun, and it shows."

by Anonymousreply 7November 7, 2022 4:49 AM

Girls watched that show because the brothers were cute and because of their queerbait-y ship between Dean and Cas. No one really cared about the plot, maybe they pretended to but it was about their crushes on the guys.

by Anonymousreply 8November 7, 2022 4:58 AM

I think I could have a lot of fun with Jensen.

by Anonymousreply 9November 7, 2022 4:58 AM

The main thing i remember from the flashback episode on SPN is that poor Mary had to kiss her dad šŸ¤¢

by Anonymousreply 10November 7, 2022 6:44 AM

[quote] The main thing i remember from the flashback episode on SPN is that poor Mary had to kiss her dad šŸ¤¢

And the bitch didn't even think twice!

She just went for it, tongue and all.

Whoever thought up that scene was a real sicko.

Rofl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 7, 2022 6:52 AM

What will people who wasted FIFTEEN years of their lives (like R6) do now, with this 'grim outlook'???

Maybe, get a life?

by Anonymousreply 12November 7, 2022 6:54 AM

R11 Mary didn't exactly have much of a choice. But yes, the writers didn't need to go [italic] that far [/italic].

R12 doubtful.

by Anonymousreply 13November 7, 2022 10:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!