Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Am Being Forced To Watch The Drew Barrymore Show!

In the lounge of the mechanics shop. Is she always this insipid? She practically crawled straight up the ass of Daniel Radcliffe and now she's acting like Lake Bell.is the second coming. Who the fuck is Lake Bell?

by Anonymousreply 69March 6, 2023 1:50 AM

The only one more insipid than Drew Barrymore is Kelly Clarkson. I was forced to watch that crapfest while waiting for a doctor's appointment. Ugh.

I'd rather watch repeats of Springer and Maury.

by Anonymousreply 1November 4, 2022 1:56 PM

She was insufferable on Howard Stern last week, on a dating game. She could not or would not shut up and was pontificating absolute nonsense about the universe. Howard didn't know how to interrupt her.

by Anonymousreply 2November 4, 2022 2:17 PM

R2 if Howard couldn’t stop her that’s bad and he’s a great interviewer

by Anonymousreply 3November 4, 2022 2:45 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 4November 15, 2022 3:15 AM

She's always yapping about how she doesn't need sex or a relationship right now yet constantly talks about dating apps and men. Hasn't been single since childhood, she must really feel insecure right now.

by Anonymousreply 5November 15, 2022 3:18 AM

I happened to see a bit of it today while visiting my mom, who had her on. Drew is super nice, but perhaps a bit clueless. She had republican and one-time trump supporter 50 Cent guest-hosting for her while she has covid. WTF?! And he even made some kind of comment about how Kayne West, or whatever the fuck he is calling himself these days, was cancelled when he spoke his mind. Gross. Fuck off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 15, 2022 3:36 AM

Well damn. I watched several episodes of Drew's first season a few years back. (I can't for the life of me remember how the hell I had so much time on my hands). I found her (and the show) harmless drivel but my biggest complaint was the phony and OVER THE TOP showbiz ass kissing.

Drew pretended as if EVERY D, E or Z List guest was the second coming of Christ! Then she'd proceed to practically perform oral sex (by way of praise) on them throughout the entire interview. It was cringy & nauseating to watch. Kelly Clarkson (and newbies Sherri Shepherd & Jennifer Hudson) could never be as bad as veteran Hollywood schmoozer Drew Barrymore!

I haven't watched Drew since those early episodes. I had hoped that she would eventually ease up after the first season but here we are.......

Personally, hosts like Drew Barrymore, etc make me appreciate a smug bitch like Ellen DeGeneres all the more. To my recollection, Ellen treated each celebrity guest (no matter how famous) like an equal and regular folk. I may be wrong but I can't remember too much gushing on Ellen's part.

by Anonymousreply 7November 15, 2022 3:42 AM

Ellen come back ! All is forgiven

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 15, 2022 3:43 AM

What do want? Donahue? Dick Cavett? Jerry Springer? Sally Jessy? Oprah?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 15, 2022 3:46 AM

R6, I'm no Kanye West fan but 50 has some gall. Every Hip-Hop fan knows that he & Kanye have had a long-standing feud for decades.

The feud ultimately ended 50 Cent's reign as a music hitmaker (after Kanye crushed him in album sales) and forced 50 to explore other avenues of Entertainment (Television Production, Sports Management, Merchandising, etc). All of which he's been successful at.

But for 50 Cent to kick Kanye West when he's down exhibits poor taste. But then again, what should I expect from someone who has continually exhibited poor taste throughout their entire career?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 15, 2022 4:11 AM

I hate her and Ross, they truly are the most insipid duo on daytime tv.

It's hard to believe she's related to the most sophisticated acting family in American history.

Speaking of which, the only time I ever hear her acknowledge the Barrymores was when she had an entire show devoted to Lea Michelle's Funny Girl debut. Yes, I watched the whole episode and I don't know why.

by Anonymousreply 11November 15, 2022 4:31 AM

Drew doesn't need to acknowledge the Barrymores. She's famous in her own right and most people under 60 probably have no idea who Ethel, Lionel and John were.

by Anonymousreply 12November 15, 2022 5:01 AM

Drew could learn to be more like Mike Wallace.

As others have said I hate all her over the top ass kissing too. She’s obsessed with being nice but in a very smarmy way. She also tends to have this sardonic look on her face often which irritates me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 15, 2022 5:07 AM

Boston is now only airing the 30 minute version of her show, after airing the full 60 minute version last season.

by Anonymousreply 14November 15, 2022 6:04 AM

Who is the bigger frau magnet -- Drew or Kelly Clarkson?

by Anonymousreply 15November 15, 2022 6:06 AM

R15 I’m being pulled in both directions. The estrogen is strong with this one!

by Anonymousreply 16November 15, 2022 6:15 AM

I drew the line at Drew a while ago.

by Anonymousreply 17November 15, 2022 6:20 AM

Drew Barrymore’s show is so bad she can’t get family members Lionel, John, or Ethel to appear as guests on it.

by Anonymousreply 18November 15, 2022 6:38 AM

[Quote] Drew pretended as if EVERY D, E or Z List guest was the second coming of Christ! Then she'd proceed to practically perform oral sex (by way of praise) on them throughout the entire interview. It was cringy & nauseating to watch.

It was awkward watching her do that while ScarJo was promoting her bullshit skincare line.

[Quote] I hate her and Ross, they truly are the most insipid duo on daytime tv.

Meh Ross is harmless. I don't undertake DLs hatred of him.

by Anonymousreply 19November 15, 2022 10:25 AM

JUST LAST WEEK I WAS WONDERING "WHET LAKE BELL"?

by Anonymousreply 20November 15, 2022 12:06 PM

It's an awful show.

by Anonymousreply 21November 15, 2022 12:17 PM

R11 Drew used to appear on TCM to introduce Barrymore-starring classic films and to discuss the Barrymore dynasty.

by Anonymousreply 22November 15, 2022 12:42 PM

R11 And let's face it, many young people today don't care to know about past actors, musicians, etc. I am referring to 35 and under.

by Anonymousreply 23November 15, 2022 12:44 PM

I've never seen the Drew Barrymore show. I don't think I would enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 24November 15, 2022 12:50 PM

[quote] in the lounge of the mechanics shop. Is she always this insipid?

If it wasn’t for her show, OP would be complaining about the mechanic’s lounge decor and furnishings, I’m sure.

[quote] She practically crawled straight up the ass of Daniel Radcliffe

How I would enjoy crawling up Daniel’s ass… tongue first. Happy Pooper indeed!

[quote] and now she's acting like Lake Bell.is the second coming. Who the fuck is Lake Bell?

Tell me you drive a 30 year old Diesel Mercedes Benz without telling me you drive a 30 year old Diesel Mercedes Benz.

by Anonymousreply 25November 15, 2022 2:05 PM

Does she still lisp?

by Anonymousreply 26November 15, 2022 2:11 PM

Is OP still on her dilapidated Nokia 3210 with no 3G connection and no Youtube?

by Anonymousreply 27November 15, 2022 2:12 PM

It’s the MAGA’s fault. They used to play CNN in waiting rooms until it was declared the Communist News Network

by Anonymousreply 28November 15, 2022 2:20 PM

[quote]Who is the bigger frau magnet -- Drew or Kelly Clarkson?

Rachael Ray.

by Anonymousreply 29November 15, 2022 2:46 PM

She’ll always be lisping Josie Grosie to me. Talk about stunted development with her stupid baby voice…

by Anonymousreply 30November 15, 2022 3:11 PM

This is one of the most cringe worthy things I've seen from Drew.

He clearly has like some deep issues and she leans in as if her statement is going to cure his depression.

Is she going to be his friend after the show and do this when cameras aren't around?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 16, 2022 12:49 AM

She’s awful

by Anonymousreply 32November 16, 2022 12:55 AM

Never seen it, but wasn't Paula Yates on the Big Breakfast in the UK always praising her guests and saying how wonderful she thought them to be, especially when introducing them? Was that better received because she only had them on for five minutes?

by Anonymousreply 33November 16, 2022 1:24 AM

I actually like Drew. But I agree her talk show is terrible. She keeps screaming. I seriously would like to know what she is on. I don’t even know why they have these shows anymore.

by Anonymousreply 34November 16, 2022 1:36 AM

Aww, I like Drew too.

by Anonymousreply 35November 16, 2022 2:31 AM

Please get up out of your chair and leave the grease monkey waiting room and get some fresh air. Those waiting rooms are filthy dens of petrochemicals

by Anonymousreply 36November 16, 2022 2:51 AM

I can barely look at Rachael Ray anymore. She’s beyond frumpy and looks a mess. Fire her stylist.

by Anonymousreply 37November 16, 2022 3:06 AM

I like Drew and am surprised she's doing well, now can talk about her lack of fashion sense?

by Anonymousreply 38November 16, 2022 3:30 AM

Go for it R38

by Anonymousreply 39November 16, 2022 3:45 AM

Daniel Radcliffe’s delicious asshole

by Anonymousreply 40November 16, 2022 3:58 AM

No one watches TV in a waiting room anymore. Everyone's face is glued to their phone.

by Anonymousreply 41November 16, 2022 4:09 AM

Chloe Fineman did such a good impersonation of her on SNL.

by Anonymousreply 42November 16, 2022 4:48 AM

I had no feeling for or against her before this show. I didn’t mind her presence in movies… but after seeing this show it made me dislike her. It all feels so forced and if it’s not forced and this is the real her, she seems so cloying and annoying and needy… everybody is already overexposed because of social media but this show is worse than that. And worst of all it seems to be aimed at the lowest common denominator. I don’t know who can stand watching this show without becoming diabetic from the sweetness overload.

by Anonymousreply 43November 16, 2022 5:02 AM

[quote] it seems to be aimed at the lowest common denominator.

We prefer to call that the Daytime Demographic

by Anonymousreply 44November 16, 2022 5:11 AM

People are embracing all this fakeness these days. I bet most of these hosts are not far from this characterisation in reality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45November 16, 2022 5:39 AM

Kelly Clarkson does not know how to host she makes everything about herself.

by Anonymousreply 46November 16, 2022 5:45 AM

[Quote] Chloe Fineman did such a good impersonation of her on SNL.

Heather McDonald's isn't bad either.

by Anonymousreply 47November 16, 2022 7:53 AM

Drew is, who she is, and I love her. That said, she really wants to have sex with Pamela Anderson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48February 12, 2023 8:34 AM

That interview shows Pam Anderson to be very enlightened and together, and Drew seems like a headcase. Her invasion of personal space is disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 49February 12, 2023 8:51 AM

R9- I can't even imagine this exchange happening on a daytime talk show in 2023. I'm not the type to get nostalgic, certainly not about Ayn Rand, and Donahue had plenty of straight trashy shows, but It would be nice to have more of this discourse in popular television now.

by Anonymousreply 50February 12, 2023 8:55 AM

I think that, in the beginning, the appeal of her show was that it was all “positive”. She was sunny and goofy and giggly. Coming out of Covid times, it was a relief to turn on the TV and see something that wasn’t death, doom and destruction. There were probably all kinds of focus groups and algorithms that forced her to double down on it.

One thing I’ve noticed whenever I’ve seen it is that if there is SOME way to reference her previous work, she is all over it. She’d have little trivia games that asked questions about “E.T.” or “Boys On The Side” or some photo spread with Tom Green. Like a sneak retrospective wedged into every episode.

by Anonymousreply 51February 12, 2023 8:58 AM

If I see Drew while flipping channels around, I often laugh at what she's wearing.

A lot of the clothes they put her in look horrible.

That's all I've got.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 12, 2023 9:04 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53February 12, 2023 9:05 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54February 12, 2023 9:05 AM

[quote]crawled straight up the ass of Daniel Radcliffe

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 55February 12, 2023 9:07 AM

Drew, like Brooke, would benefit from a shorter hairstyle. After a certain age long hair really drags everything down.

by Anonymousreply 56February 12, 2023 9:08 AM

As I was writing to ask whose dick Ross Mathews sucked to get this job, the thought of him being sexual in any way made me want to vomit.

by Anonymousreply 57February 12, 2023 12:06 PM

I like the choices the stylists make for Drew. She is not a newswhore who has to wear something tight and colorful with a lot of leg on show.

I tried and failed to watch her talk show. I watched the segment with Heather Locklear, it interested me. Heather is a pro, who pulled herself together admirably to discuss a project she was promoting.

by Anonymousreply 58February 12, 2023 1:51 PM

Drew comes across on each show like an escaped mental patient.

Her Pamela Anderson interview was alarming to view, one could see that Pam was taken aback by Drew’s behavior.

by Anonymousreply 59February 12, 2023 1:55 PM

r58 I actually like the style choices made for her as well, she's not trying so hard in that respect. I think people need to realize its just daytime filler programming.

And Like r51 said I believe the angle of her show when it first came out was to be happy programming as the pandemic was still on.

by Anonymousreply 60February 12, 2023 2:02 PM

"Drew comes across on each show like an escaped mental patient."

by Anonymousreply 61February 12, 2023 2:06 PM

I think talk shows of this type are a dated formula that no longer works in the complicated times we live in. Happy is one thing and vapid is another.

by Anonymousreply 62February 12, 2023 2:09 PM

My 20-year son knows the Barrymores by sight because I’m a good parent and raised him on TCM.

by Anonymousreply 63February 12, 2023 2:16 PM

[quote]My 20-year son knows the Barrymores by sight because I’m a good parent and raised him on TCM.

This should be the measure of good parenting everywhere!

by Anonymousreply 64February 12, 2023 2:22 PM

[quote]"Here's the reality. I'm human and I've made mistakes," Mr Santos said in an interview with the right-wing Newsmax outlet this week. "I've made peace with those mistakes, and I've come clean on those mistakes."

Lying is a choice, not a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 65February 12, 2023 2:24 PM

I haven't watched her talk show, but I am very fond of Drew, and I am happy that she has come out the other side of her troubles, and is doing so well. She has always reminded me of my baby sister, as they are the same age, and looked a lot alike when they were young.

Plus, her production company, Flower Films, produced Donnie Darko.

by Anonymousreply 66February 12, 2023 2:25 PM

Let's go ahead and close this thread out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67February 12, 2023 7:38 PM

It was Sunday dawn on the eastern shore of Long Island. Drew Barrymore still had the October morning to herself. But the quiet only amplified her most self-destructive thoughts.

Maybe people were right. Maybe she was annoying. Weird. Wacky. Too much.

That’s what the initial feedback had been from the focus groups who’d seen her recent debut as a daytime talk show host. And now this: Just three weeks after “The Drew Barrymore Show’s” September 2020 premiere, there was a “Saturday Night Live” skit satirizing it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 6, 2023 12:08 AM

Has she addressed being a nepo baby yet?

by Anonymousreply 69March 6, 2023 1:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!