Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘Heartstopper’ star Kit Connor says he has been forced to come out as bisexual

"Heartstopper" star Kit Connor came out as bisexual Monday, saying he felt forced to share his sexual orientation after he was accused of queerbaiting by viewers of the popular Netflix show.

In a rare Twitter post, the British actor wrote: “Back for a minute. I’m bi. Congrats for forcing an 18 year old to out himself. I think some of you missed the point of the show. Bye.”

While Connor did not say exactly why he felt forced to come out, he posted the message weeks after he said he was "deleting Twitter" amid accusations of queerbaiting, or benefiting from appearing as queer without claiming the community explicitly. That followed the emergence of photos showing him holding hands with Maia Reficco, his co-star in “A Cuban Girl’s Guide to Tea and Tomorrow.”

“this is a silly silly app. bit bored of it now, deleting twitter :),” Connor said in the September post.

Alice Oseman, the creator of "Heartstopper," which she launched as a webcomic and later as a graphic novels series, shared her support Monday, writing in response to his tweet: “I truly don’t understand how people can watch ‘Heartstopper’ and then gleefully spend their time speculating about sexualities and judging based on stereotypes.

“I hope all those people are embarrassed as F***. Kit you are amazing,” Oseman wrote.

Kizzy Edgell, who plays Darcy Olsson on “Heartstopper,” tweeted late Monday: “I love u kit im sorry this has been so disgustingly rough on you. [You’ve] been treated so unfairly."

Fans also rushed to support Connor, with a Twitter user writing: "HOW can one watch a show like Heartstopper and the take away being that you as a viewer/fan/whatever have the right to know the most private aspects of the actors life? Especially when it comes to this. All love in the world to you Kit."

Another wrote: "So sorry that you’ve literally been forced out before you were ready. Not that you should have ever had to out yourself. People really miss the entire point of this show and the web comics. We love you Kit, sorry you had to do this."

Connor plays Nick Nelson, a high school student who starts to develop feelings for classmate Charlie Spring, played by Joe Locke, as he tries to navigate and understand his sexual identity.

In May, Connor had also appeared to comment on Twitter about questions and comments around his sexual orientation, writing: “Twitter is so funny man. apparently some people on here know my sexuality better than I do…”

In an interview in May, Connor, who was joined by Locke, spoke about the positive impact he hoped "Heartstopper" would have on fans, saying that "to have a show where it’s just very positive, [with] a generally positive outlook on life and being a queer teen, I think that’s an extremely important thing."

"It’s a show that younger audiences can watch with their family and their parents and that can lead to very important conversations between parents and their children," he said. "I think that it just basically brings societies steps closer to normalizing being queer."

He said he had also received positive feedback from fans, particularly over one scene in which Nick comes out to his mother, played by Emmy and Academy Award winner Olivia Colman.

“There was a tweet from a ‘Heartstopper’ fan, and they essentially tweeted out that they used that [scene] to come out to their parents,” Connor said. “That one scene was able to give this person the comfort and the confidence to be truthful to themselves, be honest with their parents and just be unapologetically themselves, and I think that’s a beautiful thing and a real honor, especially for someone who is 18 years old like me.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460December 6, 2022 8:29 AM

Breaking News, OP!

by Anonymousreply 1November 2, 2022 2:26 AM

Mein Führer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 2, 2022 2:26 AM

Yeah. At least a day late...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 2, 2022 2:27 AM

[quote] We love you Kit, sorry you had to do this.

Seriously?

Do what? Tell the truth?

Admit that he MIGHT be attracted to another guy, somewhere down the line, even though he's currently dating a female?

Give me a fucking break.

Fuck Kit Connor, and fuck his supporters who think he's some kind of victim.

CUNTS!

by Anonymousreply 4November 2, 2022 2:28 AM

"I'm bi" is not saying that you might concievably be attracted to men, it's saying that YOU ARE attracted to men.

by Anonymousreply 5November 2, 2022 2:29 AM

Dear cunts at R2 and R3,

This is a different thread, with a link to an actual news source.

TURDS.

by Anonymousreply 6November 2, 2022 2:29 AM

This bland, fat faced loser wasn't forced to do anything. Everyone that's an adult knows you ignore the loons on twitter/ the internet. Now if he's indeed bi, he came out for other people instead of doing it for himself. Gen z really don't know how to handle fame and he's not even a b list actor? Barley c list.

by Anonymousreply 7November 2, 2022 2:33 AM

Are you going to eat your dessert, Kit? My friend and I are so hungry.

by Anonymousreply 8November 2, 2022 2:35 AM

Has Brian Singer commented?

by Anonymousreply 9November 2, 2022 2:38 AM

I'm disturbed by his "supporters" saying things like "I love u kit im sorry this has been so disgustingly rough on you. [You’ve] been treated so unfairly." and "So sorry that you’ve literally been forced out before you were ready."

OMG, WHAT A FUCKING TRAGEDY!!!

How can you possibly go on, after this injustice???

Get a fucking grip, you crybaby, whiny, GEN-Z TWATS!

This shit happens every day, to many people. Get the fuck over it.

Oh, and I don't even really believe that he's actually bi.

I still think he's lying, and did it to cover his ass because he's a straight guy playing gay.

by Anonymousreply 10November 2, 2022 2:39 AM

If I ever got as heated as r7 r10 over a kid that turned 18 less than a year ago coming out, I would kill myself.

by Anonymousreply 11November 2, 2022 2:40 AM

Don't let us stop you, R11.

by Anonymousreply 12November 2, 2022 2:45 AM

R11 Please go ahead, no one will care.

by Anonymousreply 13November 2, 2022 2:46 AM

I agree that he's gen z "bi".

by Anonymousreply 14November 2, 2022 2:48 AM

[Quote] Everyone that's an adult knows you ignore the loons on twitter/ the internet.

You're typing that on the Data Lounge?

by Anonymousreply 15November 2, 2022 2:54 AM

It's all about attention for gen z isn't it? Me, me, me.

by Anonymousreply 16November 2, 2022 3:03 AM

Didn’t know who he was. Never heard of the show. Just Googled images, 3 things;

- he needs to stop the center part thing pronto. Don’t know any male it looks good on. Definitely doesn’t look good on him.

- when he gains 5 lbs, it’s all in the face. He’s going to have to manage his weight closely as he ages. Misfortune of having a giant fucking face I guess.

- he needs to grow some balls quickly. His bitchy little tweet was a terrible way to introduce himself to 99% of the public who never heard of him. Grow up you little twat.

by Anonymousreply 17November 2, 2022 3:23 AM

Nah. Facial fat helps with aging.

by Anonymousreply 18November 2, 2022 3:28 AM

For him to come out at this stage in his career, he doesn't lack for balls. He does lack some sense, though. Never let 'em see you ache.

by Anonymousreply 19November 2, 2022 3:30 AM

^ I came out at 16 in rural IA and I didn’t take the “I’m bi” pit stop on the way.

It’s 2022, the priggish “sometimes I like pee pee. Byeee” thing is a little cringe. Oh and look, now it’s immortalized online. That’ll be fun for him to think back to when he’s grown into a man.

by Anonymousreply 20November 2, 2022 3:45 AM

I don't think that Kit will have a career after Heartstopper.

He's too much of a pussy to handle being a celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 21November 2, 2022 3:47 AM

R20 I thought the same thing. No one should ever say bye in a social post or text. Not cunty developmentally stunted bitches, and absolutely no one born with a dick. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 22November 2, 2022 3:53 AM

R21, I think Kit will be fine in his homeland for jobs. US might be different.

by Anonymousreply 23November 2, 2022 3:55 AM

[quote] It’s 2022, the priggish “sometimes I like pee pee. Byeee” thing is a little cringe

Lol R20, you described his Tweet perfectly.

What a little pussy!!

by Anonymousreply 24November 2, 2022 4:07 AM

Kit sounds like he has a gaping mangina.

by Anonymousreply 25November 2, 2022 4:09 AM

He's old Gregg R25

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 2, 2022 5:45 AM

It was always an honor to have his seed sloshing around in my rectum.

by Anonymousreply 27November 2, 2022 5:55 AM

R6, whatever. The main thread has those links as well. And had them YESTERDAY.

by Anonymousreply 28November 2, 2022 6:09 AM

He sounds like a total pussy. I wouldn't let a bunch of strangers on social media pressure me into doing anything.

by Anonymousreply 29November 2, 2022 6:51 AM

I'm not entirely buying that he felt pressured by some trolls... He wants to stick it to them.. Why? He must have the Upper Hand?

by Anonymousreply 30November 2, 2022 6:54 AM

I don't even think he's bi....just straight. It shuts up the masses now from carrying on anymore.

by Anonymousreply 31November 2, 2022 8:03 AM

The more this guy speaks, the less I like him. He is obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 32November 2, 2022 8:04 AM

R31 I think so too. No way is he actually bisexual. I'm betting he will never actually date another guy. He will never have a public boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 33November 2, 2022 8:06 AM

R7 Exactly. If he didn't want to say anything he didn't have to. Or, he could have just said "my sexuality is nobody's business but my own". Fuck this victim bs.

by Anonymousreply 34November 2, 2022 8:08 AM

[Quote]Oh, and I don't even really believe that he's actually bi. I still think he's lying, and did it to cover his ass because he's a straight guy playing gay.

Preach.

by Anonymousreply 35November 2, 2022 8:09 AM

No straight male actor would come out as bi for clout... I swear, some of you have never left the basement.

by Anonymousreply 36November 2, 2022 2:53 PM

No one will blame the right person so I will. Alice, you said many times, pandering to your followers that the cast would have the same sexualities as the characters. You doubled down on it, during many lives on instagram and tweets that you then deleted, I watched two of them. Congrats on throwing Kit under the bus and evading responsibility. I know you read here, so fuck off and while we're at it, asexuality isn't real, you're just an amoral straight frigid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 37November 2, 2022 2:56 PM

[quote] ^ I came out at 16 in rural IA and I didn’t take the “I’m bi” pit stop on the way.

Bisexual men exist and they're in greater number than gays. You'd know that if you spend time with men and not surrounded by fag hags. The best decision of my life was to start dating bisexual men, once I did I never had to deal with drama and this type of self aggrandizing behavior again. My last boyfriend and I were together for almost 6 years a longer relationship than any of my gay relationships. Your jealousy of bi men is just petty.

by Anonymousreply 38November 2, 2022 3:08 PM

These threads stink of middle-aged straight women.

by Anonymousreply 39November 2, 2022 3:10 PM

middle-aged straight women = Alice Oseman in 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 40November 2, 2022 3:12 PM

R38 =Thinks every str8 man she drools after is bi and secretly lusting after her 65 year old old caftan wearing ass.

by Anonymousreply 41November 2, 2022 4:05 PM

It's easy to find out if your boyfriend is bisexual. If he gets hard looking at women or their anatomy and also looking at you, he is. You'd know that if you spent any time with men instead of living coddled by your frau hags. You have to be a woman, because any man will tell you that, that's how penises work and how we figure out we're not attracted to you.

by Anonymousreply 42November 2, 2022 4:15 PM

Wonder why the original thread on this topic was deleted yet this one remains

by Anonymousreply 43November 2, 2022 5:21 PM

Did the chubby-faced bland one send a whiny tweet to Muriel?

by Anonymousreply 44November 2, 2022 5:26 PM

Kit threads always get deleted. Before it seemed like they were getting deleted because they were full of annoying fangirls, but this is actually news. I wonder if Kit’s pr team is actively requesting they be taken down.

by Anonymousreply 45November 2, 2022 5:41 PM

R38 sure girl

by Anonymousreply 46November 2, 2022 5:41 PM

[quote] No straight male actor would come out as bi for clout.

They would if their job depended on it.

by Anonymousreply 47November 2, 2022 6:33 PM

R47, no one's job depends on it. Straight actors get the best roles, not gay or bi actors

by Anonymousreply 48November 2, 2022 6:45 PM

R37, sounds like the cunt is you. How would you like it if people said that homosexuality isn't real and you could date women if you tried?

by Anonymousreply 49November 2, 2022 6:47 PM

There is a blind item that says the real reason he came out as bi was to get ahead of a story that a relationship with a guy recently failed. And the guy was talking.

by Anonymousreply 50November 2, 2022 7:42 PM

OMG. Was it deuxmoi?

by Anonymousreply 51November 2, 2022 7:43 PM

Where is this blind item??? You cant drop a bomb like this

by Anonymousreply 52November 2, 2022 7:46 PM

Not buying this. It makes zero sense. Why would an outlet publish something like this? He is not even all that famous, Heartstopper is a niche thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53November 2, 2022 7:52 PM

R53 No way that’s true. Kit may have hooked up with someone, but the last two relationships he’s been in were definitely both with women.

by Anonymousreply 54November 2, 2022 7:57 PM

R20 I’m bi” pit stop on the way? So he should come out as gay even though he isn't, just because you came out as gay at 16?

by Anonymousreply 55November 2, 2022 7:59 PM

Remember when Mikael was going to speak on Kit while on Live, but Sof silenced him....? Maybe she unmuzzled him recently...

by Anonymousreply 56November 2, 2022 8:07 PM

I could believe that Blind if Kit Connor wasn't 18 years old... Any Western media outlet in 2022 would be slaughtered if they did a Kiss & Tell on a gay 18 year old.

by Anonymousreply 57November 2, 2022 8:08 PM

I do think something else is behind Kit coming out, like an ex making a threat to him...

by Anonymousreply 58November 2, 2022 8:09 PM

Yeah, he’s straight 😒

by Anonymousreply 59November 2, 2022 8:17 PM

Is Sof somehow behind all of this? Something happened. Why on earth would he tweet that at midnight?

by Anonymousreply 60November 2, 2022 8:17 PM

Kit's Bisexual - likes Men and Boys.

by Anonymousreply 61November 2, 2022 8:21 PM

He likes Asian men and Latino men.

by Anonymousreply 62November 2, 2022 8:25 PM

Dicks and penuses

by Anonymousreply 63November 2, 2022 8:27 PM

Most of you on here sound like bitter mean people with an ugly chip on your shoulder. You either bitch about how he looks because it makes you feel better for a seconds or you still think he's lying about his sexuality. Get over yourselves and stop projecting.

by Anonymousreply 64November 2, 2022 8:27 PM

jocks and nerds

by Anonymousreply 65November 2, 2022 8:27 PM

oral and anal

by Anonymousreply 66November 2, 2022 8:28 PM

[R56] and how some DLers were hoping Sof might come on here and dish the dirt…

How accurate are these blind items?

by Anonymousreply 67November 2, 2022 8:31 PM

He’s been accused of queerbating for months. His current relationship with Maia Reficco isn’t being actively hidden, which have amplified the queerbating allegations. If he came out as straight, fans would be fine with him being an ally. But he’s refused to label his sexuality in countless interviews. Every single interview since HS came out has included him talking about not wanting to publicly label his sexuality and hinting he was in the queer community.

Recently the queerbating accusers had started a hashtag trying to get him fired. Most celebrities would have been able to ignore it, but Kit’s thrown several online tantrums before this one that involved him actually admitting he’s bi. This was clearly a very sensitive subject for him.

He’s a bi teenager who wants to become a big celebrity. Pretending to be straight would have been the best move for his career. But his breakout role was gay love story.

by Anonymousreply 68November 2, 2022 8:33 PM

r53 Pretty safe to say this is bullshit. Kit’s been feeling pretty openly hurt about being accused of taking advantage of his own community from back in May. He’s also been pretty obviously not straight based on interactions with fans and his social media activity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69November 2, 2022 8:33 PM

[Quote] He’s also been pretty obviously not straight based on interactions with fans

He didn't fuck a fan, did he?

by Anonymousreply 70November 2, 2022 8:34 PM

r67 Almost never accurate, Enty publishes whatever bullshit gets sent to him.

by Anonymousreply 71November 2, 2022 8:35 PM

r70 Nothing that salacious, things like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72November 2, 2022 8:36 PM

[Quote] I remember on that persons autograph at the con where kit was asked to write his favorite quote and he wrote “I’m definitely bisexual”. He wasn’t hiding his sexuality, he just didn’t want or feel the need to share it publicly. And he didn’t have to 😔

Well, he did feel the need... And if he was comfortable enough to post that Nick quote on an autograph... well, isn't this all a storm in a tea cup, really?

by Anonymousreply 73November 2, 2022 8:38 PM

"He wasn't hiding his sexuality, he just didn't want to share it!"

yeah, that makes sense

by Anonymousreply 74November 2, 2022 8:38 PM

There’s a huge difference between just living your life and making a statement to your 4 million followers and the rest of the world. Hell, his coming out tweet has almost a million likes. But nuance has come to die in this conversation.

by Anonymousreply 75November 2, 2022 8:40 PM

"Just living your life" doesn't apply here, though. Kit brought his sexuality into the conversation. Well... the Heartstopper people did, but Kit continued...

The saddest thing about this is that coming out probably hasn't lifted a weight of his chest because his coming out eveidently didn't come from a place of comfort and confidence.

by Anonymousreply 76November 2, 2022 8:43 PM

"But nuance has come to die in this conversation."

Yeah, like the people saying he was "forced" to come out. Pretty sure no one had a gun to his head. if twitter trolls were annoying him, he had the option of......shock!...not posting on twitter all damn day

by Anonymousreply 77November 2, 2022 8:46 PM

Exactly this. And 1m likes is insane. It’ll be interesting to see what his next move is: everyone and his dog must be beating a path to his door for an interview.

by Anonymousreply 78November 2, 2022 8:46 PM

I wonder how many likes the tweet would have received if it was an affirming one.

by Anonymousreply 79November 2, 2022 8:49 PM

Did Kit Connor, have a gun to his head? He was forced to claim he was bisexual. WTF? Where was his free will?

btw, he looks like a young Ezra Miller.

by Anonymousreply 80November 2, 2022 8:50 PM

There was totally something that happened for him to tweet in the middle of the night all of the sudden but i doubt it’s what that blind says

by Anonymousreply 81November 2, 2022 8:56 PM

[Quote] btw, he looks like a young Ezra Miller.

?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82November 2, 2022 8:59 PM

Any theories on what happened that night?

by Anonymousreply 83November 2, 2022 9:00 PM

The sky was so blue that day.

by Anonymousreply 84November 2, 2022 9:00 PM

Maia told him to post?

She’s gone very quiet on socials since his tweet…

by Anonymousreply 85November 2, 2022 9:03 PM

In the last week there was a hashtag started to get him fired from the show and people took the harassment about him queerbaiting from Twitter to Instagram. You don’t need to overthink it to come up with a trigger.

by Anonymousreply 86November 2, 2022 9:04 PM

She sent him a white heart, didn't she?

by Anonymousreply 87November 2, 2022 9:05 PM

[Quote] In the last week there was a hashtag started to get him fired from the show and people took the harassment about him queerbaiting from Twitter to Instagram. You don’t need to overthink it to come up with a trigger.

People keep typing this but no one mentions how much engagement said hashtag and/or tweets got... Kit is the breakout star of the series. He was never in danger of losing his job.

by Anonymousreply 88November 2, 2022 9:06 PM

Maia is still as active as usual on social media. She commented on Joe's Marvel casting and posted a story about it.

by Anonymousreply 89November 2, 2022 9:07 PM

Yes, R82, Kit has similar eyes like Ezra's.

btw, fuck Twitter. I hope Elon dies in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 90November 2, 2022 9:08 PM

r88 Going to go ahead and say that i's because there's no minimum amount of engagement required to be affected by something. You people cannot be this stupid.

by Anonymousreply 91November 2, 2022 9:08 PM

[Quote] Kit has similar eyes like Ezra's.

I don't see it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92November 2, 2022 9:10 PM

[Quote] Going to go ahead and say that i's because there's no minimum amount of engagement required to be affected by something. You people cannot be this stupid.

You people!?

by Anonymousreply 93November 2, 2022 9:11 PM

[Quote] no minimum amount of engagement required to be affected by something.

Has he said that he was affected by that hashtag? Why are you assuming? You might need to check your parasocial bias.

by Anonymousreply 94November 2, 2022 9:12 PM

You must be kidding, r91. When someone is famous, people write all kinds of shit. If Kit is searching his name and poring over every last twet or hastag, that is HIS problem. And if that's what he does, I sincerely hope that he learns better ways to spend his time. No one is saying he should be perfect and handle fame like a champ. But he needs to learn better ways to deal with stress and find suitable outlets. Rail to your therapist, Kit, not Twitter. Twitter doesn't love you. Social media doesn't love anybody.

by Anonymousreply 95November 2, 2022 9:14 PM

In some moments it looks like Kit has some asian ancestry. Ezra Miller also looks like he has some acenstry asian in some pictures. Maybe that's the resemblance.

by Anonymousreply 96November 2, 2022 9:14 PM

He obviously didn't come out because he seriously thought he was at risk of being fired. This has been something he's felt a way about for months and people were already predicting that this is how it was going to pan out. The hashtag and mounting harassment pushed him over the edge. This is a random fan's tweet from 3 weeks ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97November 2, 2022 9:16 PM

DL fave Samantha Sang has Asian ancestry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98November 2, 2022 9:16 PM

Mounting harrassment? You're using an expression that references quantity but you also claim that quantity doesn't matter? Make it make sense.

by Anonymousreply 99November 2, 2022 9:17 PM

r94 Just like people were able to figure out that he wasn't straight based on context clues, people can figure out how Kit feels based on his behavior. He's been liking some of the opinion articles being written about this on Instagram. It's not parasocial, it's called having a brain.

by Anonymousreply 100November 2, 2022 9:19 PM

r99 Because it's not the quantity, it's the spread. He left Twitter when it was limited to that site. And then it moved over to Instagram. Removing himself from the situation didn't help.

by Anonymousreply 101November 2, 2022 9:20 PM

You don't need to look at his likes. His pretty fucked off tweet tells you that he's pissed off and feels victimised. But it's a leap to say that you a particular hastag made him do it.

by Anonymousreply 102November 2, 2022 9:22 PM

I’ve checked the hashtag and it has barely any tweets. It’s 4 accounts that are friends that say he’s queer baiting.

by Anonymousreply 103November 2, 2022 9:22 PM

*that you know a particular hastag made him do it.

by Anonymousreply 104November 2, 2022 9:22 PM

[Quote] I’ve checked the hashtag and it has barely any tweets.

Thank you. Some of the fanbase are clearly in a "Poor Kit" circle jerk.

by Anonymousreply 105November 2, 2022 9:23 PM

[Quote] Removing himself from the situation didn't help.

Isn't that why finstas exist?

by Anonymousreply 106November 2, 2022 9:24 PM

R81, since when is 11pm the middle of the night?

by Anonymousreply 107November 2, 2022 9:26 PM

Not to indulge in perpetually online verbiage, but it's fucking bizarre how some people keep wanting to "victim blame" and put the blame squarely on Kit here. He turned 18 less than a year ago, blew up overnight, and has been dealing with incessant claims that he's taking advantage of the community he's a part of for half a year. You're expecting someone who isn't even out of his teens to have dealt with this situation in a perfect way. That's delusional. He shouldn't have been dealing with hashtag attempts to get him fired in the first place, or people stalking him under Instagram posts to keep harassing him. NOBODY should have to deal with that shit. Joe Locke shouldn't have to deal with people calling him ugly every day. Sebastian Croft shouldn't have to deal with being accused of excusing sexual assault. The shit these young people are getting is insane and I'm glad people are rallying around Kit outside of the bitter elderfags on here.

by Anonymousreply 108November 2, 2022 9:30 PM

r103 The trolls started deleting the tweets and their accounts once fans found the hashtags after Kit came out and started dogpiling them. Surprised there are any tweets left.

by Anonymousreply 109November 2, 2022 9:32 PM

[Quote] it's fucking bizarre how some people keep wanting to "victim blame" and put the blame squarely on Kit here.

Trolls gonna troll so there's no point in addressing their behavior. Anyway, as some have pointed out, we don't know why Kit tweeted. Perhaps we'll never find out. Or a story will follow shortly...

by Anonymousreply 110November 2, 2022 9:35 PM

[Quote] You're expecting someone who isn't even out of his teens to have dealt with this situation in a perfect way

Nope. No one demanded perfection. It's possible that there are people around him who could have advised him better. His team aren't wet behind the ears... Perhaps they did advise him wisely, but her didn't listen.

by Anonymousreply 111November 2, 2022 9:36 PM

*he didn't listen

by Anonymousreply 112November 2, 2022 9:36 PM

[Quote] He shouldn't have been dealing with hashtag attempts to get him fired in the first place

And Joe Locke shouldn't have to deal with "Joe Locke Ugly" as a popular search term but here we are... Trolls can not be defeated. They can be tuned out.

by Anonymousreply 113November 2, 2022 9:37 PM

[Quote] The shit these young people are getting is insane and I'm glad people are rallying around Kit outside of the bitter elderfags on here.

You're no better than the people your insulting. Ageism is no cuter than biphobia or looks shaming.

by Anonymousreply 114November 2, 2022 9:39 PM

*you're

by Anonymousreply 115November 2, 2022 9:39 PM

If this dyke face lied to get the role he should be getting hate. He /she stole the role from a real gay actor!

by Anonymousreply 116November 2, 2022 9:40 PM

r113 Did you stop reading halfway through my comment? I almost verbatim said that.

[quote]Joe Locke shouldn't have to deal with people calling him ugly every day.

I don't blame Joe for also snapping the way he did over that because, again, none of them should be dealing with any of this.

by Anonymousreply 117November 2, 2022 9:40 PM

Lesbians are real gays.

by Anonymousreply 118November 2, 2022 9:40 PM

[Quote] none of them should be dealing with any of this.

Utopia doesn't exist. Articles on this subject are no more than a circle jerk. Hopefully, the Heartstopper cast learn that they can only trust their loved ones to support them. Internet support is illusory.

by Anonymousreply 119November 2, 2022 9:42 PM

Who keeps deleting threads?

by Anonymousreply 120November 2, 2022 9:43 PM

r109 No screenshots, eh?

by Anonymousreply 121November 2, 2022 9:43 PM

Muriel hates any mention of the name “Connor.” The Kit threads sadly always join the Jessup threads in deletion.

by Anonymousreply 122November 2, 2022 9:44 PM

[Quote] Who keeps deleting threads?

It's not uncommon for disgruntled subscribers to FF threads into oblivion.

by Anonymousreply 123November 2, 2022 9:45 PM

You actually think Muriel gives a shit? It's down to posters here.

by Anonymousreply 124November 2, 2022 9:45 PM

F&F just gets the OP greyed out, it doesn't get threads deleted.

by Anonymousreply 125November 2, 2022 9:47 PM

[quote]accusations of queerbaiting, or benefiting from appearing as queer without claiming the community explicitly.

Queerbaiting is unacceptable, appearing in a show and portraying a gay character whether he's gay in his personal life is perfectly fine and does NOT require any form of affirmation as a member of that community.

From Al Pacino to Harry Hamlin and Michael Ontkean to Gyllenhaal and Ledger, I am grateful to actors who were willing to take on gay roles at the risk of permanently damaging their careers. I don't care whether any of them are gay or straight.

by Anonymousreply 126November 2, 2022 9:47 PM

LOL "permanently damaging their careers"? Oh yeah, all that awards talk and cooing over how they're such brave actors to take on such a role is really damaging.

by Anonymousreply 127November 2, 2022 9:49 PM

r124 I’m mostly joking about the name thing, but one of the times that a recent Kit thread was deleted Muriel went back and deleted a bunch of old paywalled threads as well so I don’t think it’s necessarily a mass FF issue.

by Anonymousreply 128November 2, 2022 9:52 PM

[quote]LOL "permanently damaging their careers"? Oh yeah, all that awards talk and cooing over how they're such brave actors to take on such a role is really damaging.

Hardly. You really need to learn your history. It is only a very recent phenomenon - much of it AFTER Brokeback itself - that taking on such roles were considered Oscar bait.

Previously, most actors were advised against taking gay roles. Only a handful of roles, like Hanks in Philadelphia and William Hurt in Kiss of the Spider Woman, were above such considerations.

And frankly, I wish Hanks would reconsider never taking a gay role again. Some movies would not be made without someone of his star caliber attached, not to mention he's a good actor and would likely act the part very well. If Hanks being attached to an important movie about a gay man gets it made, I'm all for it.

by Anonymousreply 129November 2, 2022 9:57 PM

[Quote] F&F just gets the OP greyed out, it doesn't get threads deleted.

It does. It alerts Muriel.

by Anonymousreply 130November 2, 2022 10:00 PM

[Quote] If Hanks being attached to an important movie about a gay man gets it made, I'm all for it.

You sound like an Uncle Tom.

by Anonymousreply 131November 2, 2022 10:02 PM

[quote]Get a fucking grip, you crybaby, whiny, GEN-Z TWATS!

Usually I'd agree with that, and Gen-Z can be intolerable. BUT, in this case, I feel that openly speculating on the sexuality of an 18 year old is gross, and I feel bad for the kid.

by Anonymousreply 132November 2, 2022 10:07 PM

[quote]You sound like an Uncle Tom.

You sound like a militant nutbag who thinks "representation" trumps all else.

If a movie cannot be made without a star attached, which is the way it works in the entertainment industry, then it doesn't really matter who is cast or whether the story is important.

Pssst - it doesn't.

By the way, I'm also glad that Colin Firth did A Single Man. I'd rather have a good actor than a gay one.

by Anonymousreply 133November 2, 2022 10:10 PM

[quote] There is a blind item that says the real reason he came out as bi was to get ahead of a story that a relationship with a guy recently failed. And the guy was talking.

Sure, Jan.

Kit is STRAIGHT.

Kit is a LIAR.

Kit WAS QUEER BAITING.

And he deserves to be cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 134November 2, 2022 11:33 PM

R133 is a militant nutbag who thinks "good actors" and "gay actors" are mutually exclusive groups

How self-loathing do you have to be to believe that?

And Kit is not a good actor, no one will be talking about this guy in 3 years

by Anonymousreply 135November 2, 2022 11:38 PM

R132 must be new. People here, who are way older than "Gen Z" speculated on the sexuality of Tom Daley and David Archuleta when they were teens

by Anonymousreply 136November 2, 2022 11:39 PM

Crybaby Kit.

by Anonymousreply 137November 3, 2022 12:59 AM

Joe has lashed out and quit Twitter before, so not the best person to make that comment with.

by Anonymousreply 138November 3, 2022 1:01 AM

Joe did it pretty privately and only mentioned he struggled with social media, but he didn't make flounce off twitter more than once saying he'll never return. Even the deactivation was done without comment.

Though no reason to call Kit a crybaby.

by Anonymousreply 139November 3, 2022 1:06 AM

[quote][R133] is a militant nutbag who thinks "good actors" and "gay actors" are mutually exclusive groups

LOL - learn to read. I never said that. Your lack of reading comprehension skills is the only thing that creates that false dichotomy from "I'd rather have a good actor than a gay one..."

And Kit is not a good actor, no one will be talking about this guy in 3 years

LOL - and I NEVER claimed he was a good actor. I never made that claim - it was one of those voices screaming inside your head.

by Anonymousreply 140November 3, 2022 1:23 AM

Now you're just lying to yourself, Kit's a great actor. He's the one most lauded from the show for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 141November 3, 2022 1:30 AM

I agree with R140, he never said gay and good are mutually exclusive. It’s the old saying “I don’t want the best woman for the job, I want the best person.” Doesn’t mean it’s not a woman. I don’t want actors cast in anything I watch because of their identity off-screen. I just want good stories and good acting.

Did you two really watch this series? Can I assume neither of you is 16? This is a gay coming-of-age story (based on a book) specifically geared to those coming of age. I realize adults [italics]can[/italic] watch and enjoy it, maybe it’s nostalgic for you. But [italic]why[/italic] would you watch this and know whether or not this Kit girl can act? They do make television and movies for grown ups, even gay stories.

by Anonymousreply 142November 3, 2022 2:42 AM

Kit is kind of at fault, because he fed into his fans' expectations, though this may have been the series author's fault. However, it's heartbreaking that fans were trying to get him fired - fandom culture on Twitter is really toxic. May this be an example for future would-be queerbaiters; be upfront about who you are. Being a straight playing gay on telly is unpopular, but pretending you're queer for media will give you 10 times the headache in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 143November 3, 2022 3:37 AM

[Quote] it's heartbreaking that fans were trying to get him fired -

That's not heartbreaking. It's ridiculous. And anyone who gives weight to those tweets is a fool.

by Anonymousreply 144November 3, 2022 3:59 AM

[quote] sounds like the cunt is you. How would you like it if people said that homosexuality isn't real and you could date women if you tried?

R49 Well Alice, I would laugh at their face because unlike your fake sexuality, bi, hetero and homo sexualities are real and can be easily measured by arousal. If you weren't a dried up cunt and if you had sucked a dick in your life you'd know how easy it is to figure ones actual sexual orientation just by observing the sexual response of our bodies and genitalia.

by Anonymousreply 145November 3, 2022 4:04 AM

[quote] That's not heartbreaking. It's ridiculous. And anyone who gives weight to those tweets is a fool.

You multiply that by 1000. This guy like most celebrities is getting thousands of dms about it. It takes a toll on you if you're not mature enough and specially if you're gen Z who grew up knowing nothing but social media. It's not the same for older people that had the privilege to know a world without the social pressure of the Internet.

by Anonymousreply 146November 3, 2022 4:15 AM

Oh, shut up. He does not have to read DM's or his mentions. Finstas exist for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 147November 3, 2022 4:29 AM

He doesn't have to read it, but he does, it's social currency and impossible to avoid. Teenagers care about people's opinion and if you have millions of people talking about you, you will read the messages, stop being obtuse. Finsta is for interactions with friends and family.

by Anonymousreply 148November 3, 2022 4:35 AM

It's social currency to read every little thing some stranger says about you? But hasn't Kit said that he's an introvert? Let's be honest: It's ego.

by Anonymousreply 149November 3, 2022 4:38 AM

What part of being a teenager and young adult did you not understand?

by Anonymousreply 150November 3, 2022 4:41 AM

[quote] But hasn't Kit said that he's an introvert?

You dont need to be an extrovert to read text messages, don't be stupid.

by Anonymousreply 151November 3, 2022 4:45 AM

Introverts don't like too much stimulation. Scrolling through endless messages is just that. Too much.

by Anonymousreply 152November 3, 2022 4:46 AM

[quote] Introverts don't like too much stimulation

Unless it's from his GIRLFRIEND.

by Anonymousreply 153November 3, 2022 4:50 AM

I think that Kit owes everyone an apology, for acting like a spoiled little prick.

He needs to apologize publicly, on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 154November 3, 2022 5:41 AM

Ha ha. He's far too invested in being a victim.

by Anonymousreply 155November 3, 2022 5:45 AM

Now rhat Kit has come out, what do we know about William Gao? Is he gay? Bi? Does he have a boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 156November 3, 2022 6:13 AM

Will and Yaz attnded a gay magazine function and the mag's Insta labelled them "queer stars." There was no denial from William or his reps. However, Will did do a podcast interview where, at his team's request, the podcast was cut down from 50 minutes to 19 minutes long. Other castmember's did the same podcast and didn't have their interviews so aggresively cut down. It made me wonder if Will said some stuff that his team weren't happy about. Either way, he keeps a low profile.

by Anonymousreply 157November 3, 2022 6:17 AM

*castmembers

by Anonymousreply 158November 3, 2022 6:17 AM

He sings showtunes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159November 3, 2022 6:18 AM

I thought Will had a fairly long-term girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 160November 3, 2022 7:49 AM

Is Yaz a gay boy too?

by Anonymousreply 161November 3, 2022 9:07 AM

We absolutely don’t need to pivot and discuss Yao here. Start a thread if you want to. Zero interest.

Kit’s a cunt and needs to grow a pair. But seriously, did any of you actually watch this series? It’s a kids show and these are basically child stars. Stop creepin.

by Anonymousreply 162November 3, 2022 9:16 AM

That's what I heard too R160.

However, I think now that Kit has come out as Bi, I'd be surprised if Will was completely straight.

Probably queer, but more attracted to women?

I think any guy who dresses with this type of androgynous flare has to be a little queer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163November 3, 2022 9:21 AM

R162 Shut the fuck up, hall monitor.

by Anonymousreply 164November 3, 2022 9:23 AM

^ you’re right, it’s not weird at all to watch a show made for teenagers and engage in a forensic casting call about the barely-of-age actors, their looks and private sexual expression. Totally normal adult fun times.

Maybe when you boo and hiss at people who observe your…ahem…interest in the subject you give away too much. There was a guy in my small hometown who used to sit outside of the schoolyard fence and just watch. I think you two would’ve talked for hours.

by Anonymousreply 165November 3, 2022 9:30 AM

Barely-of-age actors you have no problem calling cunts for how they come out? Shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 166November 3, 2022 9:35 AM

^ got me again. That totally makes your fascination with them normal and ok. My disregard for them, makes your predilections ok. 👍

by Anonymousreply 167November 3, 2022 9:44 AM

R166 Nobody cares about fat faced average gay baiter here fat frau cow. Go back to twitter fat cunt.

by Anonymousreply 168November 3, 2022 10:33 AM

Could Kit have been in a relationship with Connor Jessup? Or is he strictly around for Bash and Joe's friendship ?

by Anonymousreply 169November 3, 2022 11:58 AM

Dyke face is a liar who fucks stink fish. He lied to steal a role from a real gay actor!

by Anonymousreply 170November 3, 2022 12:00 PM

Connor has gone very quiet recently.

by Anonymousreply 171November 3, 2022 12:01 PM

Kit’s tweet already has 1M likes wow

by Anonymousreply 172November 3, 2022 1:20 PM

[quote]Did you two really watch this series?

Well, r142 if you recognize that I never said gay and good are mutually exclusive, I'm surprised that you'd ask, as my comment doesn't opine one way or another about that particular guy's acting skills, only generalizing about a preference for good as the primary criteria for casting.

The most you could really infer is that I wouldn't have a problem with casting that guy in a gay role if he were good at it if he was not actually gay or bi.

by Anonymousreply 173November 3, 2022 1:29 PM

Crawl back to fucking Tumblr, little virgin, this is an adult site.

This show is not geared towards teenagers, its primarily audience is young adult women and middle aged women, that's the target audience and also LGBT adults that never had that experience. It's literally how this drivel is marketed as.

Teen shows in general are marketed to teens and their parents reminiscing about that period of their lives.

Now fuck off and let adults talk.

by Anonymousreply 174November 3, 2022 1:40 PM

A real gay/bi teenager will laughs at this sappy straight woman's fetishizing of our lives. Teenage boys don't act like fucking 12 year old sexless little girls. Teenage boys are driven by hormones, unless they have major psychological problems, like the creator of this drivel. In real life, Nick and Charlie would be humping each other and masturbating one another and would have a hard time hiding their boners at school when they see one another.

So we'll watch it and laugh at anyone claiming this shit is authentic and not some projection of a frigid woman who can't get laid.

by Anonymousreply 175November 3, 2022 1:49 PM

Does anyone here have a picture of Kit and Yasmin on this day? It's not a photoshoot picture, its a behind the scenes pic. Someone posted it on a Kit thread some time ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176November 3, 2022 6:15 PM

I wonder if Kit's relationship with Joe in the first season was impacted by Kit's level of comfort with his sexuality? They seem more comfortable with each other in recent promo than they did in Season 1 promo.

by Anonymousreply 177November 3, 2022 6:38 PM

r175 is right.

by Anonymousreply 178November 3, 2022 6:46 PM

How are they right? Girls have hormones too. Are you Stephen Fry?

by Anonymousreply 179November 3, 2022 6:50 PM

r179 Re-read r175's post you moron

by Anonymousreply 180November 3, 2022 7:07 PM

It was a moronic comment that hinged on young males having sexual urges and young females NOT having those urges. Moronic, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 181November 3, 2022 7:10 PM

I still don't understand how you could be in a serious relationship with someone who identifies as bisexual unless you have an open relationship. If you are prepared for your partner to suddenly feel that he or she wants to try something new for a night or maybe for a year then I guess it will work for you. I'm 100% gay so I can't speak from any understanding of bisexual attraction. I used to think that claiming to be bisexual was simply a stepping stone on the way to announcing that you are gay. Over the years I realize that there are people who have attraction for both sexes and it's legitimate and they really have those feelings. I have no I idea who Kit Connor is but he's managed to get everyone's attention.

by Anonymousreply 182November 3, 2022 7:16 PM

Well, do you feel secure that your gay boyfriend will never seek some strange...?

by Anonymousreply 183November 3, 2022 7:21 PM

[quote]I still don't understand how you could be in a serious relationship with someone who identifies as bisexual unless you have an open relationship. If you are prepared for your partner to suddenly feel that he or she wants to try something new for a night or maybe for a year then I guess it will work for you.

Most people aren't retards that think sexual orientation increases or decreases your chances of cheating. That comes down to a person's individual character.

by Anonymousreply 184November 3, 2022 7:42 PM

r181 Dumb fuck, the poster compared teen boys to preteen girls. Not many of the latter are running around with the same hormones as a 15 year old boy or girl.

by Anonymousreply 185November 3, 2022 8:14 PM

[quote] Kit’s a cunt and needs to grow a pair. But seriously, did any of you actually watch this series? It’s a kids show and these are basically child stars. Stop creepin.

Yes.

Never mind the fact that this little TWAT is posting all over social media, putting his entire life out there for the WHOLE WORLD to see.

But by all means... he needs PRIVACY!!!

Won't someone PLEASE think of the children???!!!!

by Anonymousreply 186November 3, 2022 10:26 PM

For a "straight" guy, Kit Connor sure is a big fucking pussy.

I don't hear anything from Joe and Bash.

They're happy, content, and drama free.

The only CRYBABY DRAMA is coming from straight CUNT Kit Connor.

Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 187November 3, 2022 10:29 PM

It's so FUNNY to ME that the dimwitted MORON that loves to emphasize WORDS has been posting in this THREAD for THREE DAYS about how a TEENAGER is a CUNT for coming OUT. Did Kit not let you FUCK HIM or something because it seems PERSONAL at this RATE.

by Anonymousreply 188November 3, 2022 11:00 PM

R188 has pedo vibes.

By all means, defend your "pretend" teenaged boyfriend who has been wronged by Twitter.

You're a fucking creep.

by Anonymousreply 189November 3, 2022 11:10 PM

I still think this guy is straight. He probably came out as bi to appease the trolls.

by Anonymousreply 190November 3, 2022 11:47 PM

r189 Sounds like you're projecting. You seem very invested in Kit, Joe, Bash, and this thread. Does your parole officer know you're on here?

by Anonymousreply 191November 4, 2022 12:08 AM

[Quote] I still think this guy is straight. He probably came out as bi to appease the trolls.

Have you any experience of real life?

by Anonymousreply 192November 4, 2022 12:08 AM

Has Connor Jessup made a response in support of Kit yet ? Are they close like CJ is with Bash and Joe?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193November 4, 2022 1:10 AM

Why is Connor Jessup hanging out with these kids?

Connor is like a good 10 years older than they are.

by Anonymousreply 194November 4, 2022 1:16 AM

Connor's TV sister is Emilia Jones, who is also Sebastian Croft's friend and onetime movie co-star.

by Anonymousreply 195November 4, 2022 1:17 AM

r193 He’s close to Kit (but less close to him than to Joe and Bash), and he hasn’t said anything. But he also hasn’t said anything about Joe’s Marvel casting. He’s been off social media for a bit.

by Anonymousreply 196November 4, 2022 1:39 AM

[quote] He didn't fuck a fan, did he?

I'm a huge fan.

by Anonymousreply 197November 4, 2022 7:45 AM

[quote] [R193] He’s close to Kit (but less close to him than to Joe and Bash), and he hasn’t said anything. But he also hasn’t said anything about Joe’s Marvel casting. He’s been off social media for a bit.

Monkeypox?

by Anonymousreply 198November 4, 2022 7:50 AM

Bird flu.

by Anonymousreply 199November 4, 2022 5:57 PM

I get being open about your diagnosis, and normalising it and spreading positivity and awareness. But why do people embrace mental illness? your mental health diagnosis doesn't makes you special. Gen z nature can be defined in one word "ME" .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200November 5, 2022 12:15 PM

It ain't part of your identity for fuck sake.

by Anonymousreply 201November 5, 2022 12:16 PM

Well he is kind of bitchy and passive aggressive so maybe he is gay..😂😂

by Anonymousreply 202November 5, 2022 12:23 PM

R200 is he the classmate at the end of season one that asks Mr. Ajayi if he's going to have Nick finish the match ?

by Anonymousreply 203November 6, 2022 5:06 AM

Yes. I presume he has mild Asperger's.

by Anonymousreply 204November 6, 2022 5:07 AM

R202 he is gay. He has a boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 205November 6, 2022 5:51 AM

Who has a boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 206November 6, 2022 5:53 AM

r206 I think r205 got confused, they mean the guy at r200 has a boyfriend. Kit doesn’t.

by Anonymousreply 207November 6, 2022 5:23 AM

Ah, ok. Thanks, r207.

by Anonymousreply 208November 6, 2022 5:26 AM

"it felt like a new world" is sensible, we get it. The "I did not deserve it"?? So over the top lmao this guy's aim is to get the whole world to sympathize with him until it gets him a big project in HW.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209November 8, 2022 4:12 PM

I don't think that's over the top. Adulation is a strange thing.

by Anonymousreply 210November 8, 2022 4:23 PM

[Quote] this guy's aim is to get the whole world to sympathize with him until it gets him a big project in HW.

Yeah, because we know how much Hollywood loves Out leading men...

by Anonymousreply 211November 8, 2022 4:24 PM

He’s probably already got that big role. Remember the interview he gave back in the summer where he said couldn’t say much but implied he was signed up for something quite long term…

by Anonymousreply 212November 8, 2022 4:28 PM

Heartstopper isn't long term? Does his character die or leave in the second season?

by Anonymousreply 213November 8, 2022 4:31 PM

Why is this sanitized TV show written by some fat woman for straight women the new vogue for babygays? This boy was born in 2004, this is a zygote speaking. YAwn.

by Anonymousreply 214November 8, 2022 4:33 PM

[R209] Shawn Mendes teas. He wants to demonize the big bad gays and get Hollywood roles out of it. Look how well that worked for queen Shawn.

by Anonymousreply 215November 8, 2022 4:34 PM

When has Shawn demonized gay people?

by Anonymousreply 216November 8, 2022 4:47 PM

R216 He said he woke up in cold sweats from people thinking he's gay. He's also joined a homophobic church with that twat Bieber.

by Anonymousreply 217November 8, 2022 4:52 PM

That shows his insecurity, not that gays are bad.

by Anonymousreply 218November 8, 2022 4:54 PM

R218 Are you dense? He thinks being gay is wrong. Why else would he wake up in cold sweats? He is a homophobe. He also joined a homoohobic church. Stop defending him. He's a homophobic bigot.

by Anonymousreply 219November 8, 2022 4:57 PM

He's effeminate. He's a teen idol. You'd wake up in sweats if your were a teen idol and effeminate to boot. It's one of the downsides of putting children to work. He can't divorce himself from the image.

At least Kit's choice to come out suggests that Mr. Connor can divorce himself from the teen idol playscript.

by Anonymousreply 220November 8, 2022 5:05 PM

I find it utterly ridiculous for actors having to be just like the fictional characters they play to please the fans. Hollywood should do more to establish boundaries, or otherwise the industry will be eaten alive by crazy fans demanding less fake fantasy and more real and genuine authenticity, and Hollywood having to suffer the consequences if the fans find out they've been lied to.

by Anonymousreply 221November 8, 2022 5:10 PM

Whatever happened to just being gay?

But then again, if I looked like a fat Korean lesbian, I'd call myself genderqueer.

by Anonymousreply 222November 8, 2022 5:12 PM

R220 STOP DEFENDING HIM. What he said was wrong. He is a homophobic bigot. Stop thinking with your dick and start thinking with your head.

by Anonymousreply 223November 8, 2022 5:38 PM

Wonder if we’ll start to see Kit coming out of his shell more on insta now the story has settled and the GQ piece landed positively? Hope so.

He and Maia seem to be back and active again on each other’s instas and Maia posted new/old photo of Kit yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 224November 9, 2022 8:17 AM

I don't think so. Kit came out in anger. He came out to prove a point. He'll be papped again with Maia, of course.

by Anonymousreply 225November 9, 2022 8:19 AM

Kit's never been papped with Maia.

by Anonymousreply 226November 9, 2022 8:33 AM

Kit seems to be very protective of his friends and loved ones.

I remember him tweeting fans to lay off Sof after she got a lot of online hate.

Wouldn't be surprised if he came out after the trolls went after Maia. I can see that being the final straw for him.

Maybe he could deal with the accusations when the hate was directed to him only, but probably couldn't take it when it was directed to people he cares about.

by Anonymousreply 227November 9, 2022 8:35 AM

People had been piling in on Maia for ages though, and it didn’t stop her from doing things like that interview, where she/kit must have known it would blow up and turn into a big thing around queerbaiting, or them flirting online etc.

I think it was the photos of them in their Paris hotel by that stalker that was the tipping point for him.

by Anonymousreply 228November 9, 2022 11:53 AM

Interesting that in the the GQ article which was done weeks before the twitter event Kit includes himself in the LGBT community so I suppose he thought there was nothing to lose anyway by doing what he did. He just put a label on it.

by Anonymousreply 229November 9, 2022 12:25 PM

But if he'd already put it out there by his reckoning, why put out a pissy tweet?

by Anonymousreply 230November 9, 2022 2:45 PM

Joe needs a slap for suggesting interest in his personal life is "perverted." Just say "That's no one's business" and go, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 231November 9, 2022 2:45 PM

r230, wasn't it a response to some online petition to get him fired from the show? Did that petition ever get enough signatures to get noticed by anyone in charge?

by Anonymousreply 232November 9, 2022 2:48 PM

[Quote] Did that petition ever get enough signatures to get noticed by anyone in charge?

It was apparently four Twitter accounts going back and forth...

by Anonymousreply 233November 9, 2022 2:50 PM

There was so much insanity going around that weekend it’s impossible to tell what tipped him over the edge.

by Anonymousreply 234November 9, 2022 2:56 PM

Will Kit do a big interview at some point or is he going to stay quiet and hope it all goes away. Media outlets must be beating a path to his door right now.

by Anonymousreply 235November 12, 2022 2:30 PM

R235 I'm sure he'll talk about it at some point. He's sparked a big discussion around queerbaiting, and he's placed himself front and center of it.

I can imagine he'll do one interview about it all--probably to a high-profile LGBT news outlet--and then not speak of it again.

by Anonymousreply 236November 12, 2022 2:56 PM

I don't really get the whole controversy. Queer is an acceptable identity amongst the main demographic for Heartstopper. Label yourself as queer and you're "in". No need to be seen holding hands, or making out, with a guy. Just wear a skirt, paint your finger nails, put on some red lipstick, wear dangly earrings and take out your girlfriend on dates in public. And I don't mean that in a disparaging manner. Queer and expressing queerness is very acceptable for younger viewers. No need to come out as gay or bi if you are not.

by Anonymousreply 237November 12, 2022 3:09 PM

R237 but Kit is bi, and masculine. He didn’t want to paint his nails, put on some lipstick, and wear dangly earrings. He also never publicly said he was “queer” prior to coming out as bi. He always said that he didn’t want to label himself or discuss his sexuality publicly.

by Anonymousreply 238November 12, 2022 3:26 PM

r238, exactly. Queer would've been the easier solution. Why choose a more difficult one if it's not true?

by Anonymousreply 239November 12, 2022 3:53 PM

[quote]He's sparked a big discussion around queerbaiting

The fangirls (in general, not just his) have found a way around this - they insist that real people can't queerbait. Which, of course, misses the point that celebrities aren't exactly real people; they're public facades created by a team, and so absolutely can queerbait. But nonetheless, I expect that'll be the defence they use

by Anonymousreply 240November 12, 2022 4:16 PM

I'm always curious about these social media accounts which are offended by so much stuff. Are they real, or are they just plants and bots? Usually they get deleted or suspended quickly.

by Anonymousreply 241November 12, 2022 4:21 PM

I think if he did an interview it would carry real weight and could be a bit of a game changer. Alternatively get him and Joe on the Graham Norton show. They’d be brilliant on that, and get both their messages across to a huge audience.

by Anonymousreply 242November 12, 2022 4:42 PM

What message is that? How to be a whiny passive aggressive twat?

by Anonymousreply 243November 12, 2022 5:02 PM

But enough about you, r243.

by Anonymousreply 244November 12, 2022 5:06 PM

I don't think he should do a big interview, not on the subject of his sexuality. Maybe down the line when he's more comfortable with both his sexuality and the fame game.

by Anonymousreply 245November 13, 2022 2:06 PM

R220 Just curious what you think makes him effeminate? His physical appearance or mannerisms?

by Anonymousreply 246November 16, 2022 2:35 AM

Shawn Mendes, not Kit, r246.

by Anonymousreply 247November 16, 2022 6:49 AM

Kit and Joe look good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248November 17, 2022 10:05 PM

Did Kit grow or has he always been that much taller than Joe? In the show Kit didn't seem that much taller than him.

by Anonymousreply 249November 17, 2022 10:07 PM

The height difference now..! Kit’s quite a bit taller now.

by Anonymousreply 250November 17, 2022 10:54 PM

I thought this was the Kit from Game of Thrones, and got super excited. Instead, it's this, whatever it is...

by Anonymousreply 251November 17, 2022 11:47 PM

I don't believe you. You just wanted to make a tired comment.

by Anonymousreply 252November 17, 2022 11:48 PM

His head looks like a booger.

by Anonymousreply 253November 17, 2022 11:59 PM

Okay. Back to the bisexual thing.... what are the chances we will ever see Kit with a man? Even if it's a Richard Madden/Froy situation where he doesn't publicly announce the relationship. I've read some of the comments prior on different SM platforms speculating he's not actually bisexual and just came out with that to be left alone. I don't believe it for 5 seconds. Why would he come out as BI so early in his budding career if he truly wasn't? Just rambling here. Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 254November 18, 2022 1:24 AM

He pinged for a lot of people before he even came out and acts fairly fruity. The people speculating that he came out to be left alone are morons and not living in reality. He was struggling with it for a while given his tumultuous relationship with Twitter and he came out in a pretty fraught way. Think there's a decent chance he'd date a man down the road if he hasn't already. When talking about previous relationships, he played the pronoun game a lot.

by Anonymousreply 255November 18, 2022 1:30 AM

Side by side from Season 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256November 18, 2022 1:33 AM

R255 Just curious about how he pinged as "fruity" and pronouns like.. he wouldn't specifically say she? He's only 18 I can't imagine he's had TONS of relationship experience. Did a lot of people here truly see him as straight ?? The whole "trying to find actors" with the same orientation as their character seems to be telling. Didn't he also write "I'm Bisexual" in a fan's comic or something?

by Anonymousreply 257November 18, 2022 1:42 AM

[quote]He pinged for a lot of people before he even came out and acts fairly fruity.

He didn't ping at all to me, which is why I thought he was straight. Just the way he talked and moved, his mannerisms, down to his hobbies and friend group...it all screamed straight.

It wasn't until he started dropping deliberate hints that he wasn't straight that I finally considered the possibility he might not be--only because Kit was being so deliberate about it.

I still think he's more attracted to women and would be surprised if he ever openly dated a guy. I would be super glad if he proved me wrong though.

by Anonymousreply 258November 18, 2022 1:45 AM

R258 What deliberate hints? I don't always follow. It would be nice to see him openly with a guy.... but are any openly bi actors with men or mostly with women?

by Anonymousreply 259November 18, 2022 2:02 AM

Could he have been in a relationship with Connor Jessup?

by Anonymousreply 260November 18, 2022 2:03 AM

Don't remember all of the hints but the ones that come to mind are when he referred to himself as part of the LGBTQ+ community in a couple of interviews, spoke about cisheterosexual television viewers as "they," liked the tweet below (and his behavior in general on Twitter), signed a book with Nick's "I'm bisexual" line. He's also (openly) much more into male celebrities than female ones. He talks about his "fat crush" on Hugh Grant all the time, likes all of Harry Styles's Instagram posts, fawns over Paul Mescal. People that have met him have also said he pings. The one time a sighting of him was submitted to DeuxMoi it was at Pride and the person assumed he was with a boyfriend, so he must also be pretty affectionate with men at the very least.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261November 18, 2022 2:12 AM

The fat crush line made me think he was het. No man is crushing on Hugh Grant in 2022.

by Anonymousreply 262November 18, 2022 7:59 AM

He came out at 11pm on Halloween. I don't think anyone can predict what he's going to do, whether dating or any other subject.

by Anonymousreply 263November 18, 2022 8:00 AM

R262 Right? I took that strictly as a joke...as in "Ha ha, I have a man-crush."

But then, he does seem to fan girl over Paul Mescal.

And he seems pretty flirty with Will.

Really hard to tell at this point if any of it is genuine attraction or just platonic affection.

R263 Very true. If he's anything, it's unpredictable.

by Anonymousreply 264November 18, 2022 8:37 AM

He's started to look so chunky.

by Anonymousreply 265November 18, 2022 7:44 PM

Chunky??? No way. If anything he's lost a little weight/muscle.

He was getting too bulked there for a little while.

by Anonymousreply 266November 18, 2022 11:48 PM

I would like to know what you look like if he's considered chunky by you. So easy to judge an 18 yr?

by Anonymousreply 267November 18, 2022 11:59 PM

Kit is nowhere near chunky !!!!!!! What the hell?

by Anonymousreply 268November 19, 2022 12:12 AM

Okay fine he doesn't have a sharp jawline and doesn't look chunky. Hope this calms you all fraud down

by Anonymousreply 269November 19, 2022 9:31 AM

Since when is a sharp jawline a bad thing?

by Anonymousreply 270November 19, 2022 9:36 AM

I don't know where some of you are seeing chunk when it comes to Kit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271November 19, 2022 9:50 AM

At all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272November 19, 2022 9:51 AM

Kit doesn't have a narrow face so some interpret that as chunky, I guess. He's coming into his own. The up do suits him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273November 19, 2022 9:59 AM

It's his face. He has a round face. It can gives off the impression he's chunky. Can't help that.

But he's never been fat, even when he was overdoing the gym and bulking up too much.

So...HS is close to wrapping on S2...and I don't think any fans have spotted the cast filming at the beach. I wonder if this means we won't be seeing the beach scene from the comics this season?

I assuming (could be wrong) that the "I love you" scene will close out S2 on a high note, but the beach scene precedes that scene.

So, if that's the case, the beach scene might be replaced with another or omitted entirely, which would suck.

by Anonymousreply 274November 19, 2022 6:28 PM

The beach scene and I love you scene are in the fourth book so if they follow those closely then it would he season 3

by Anonymousreply 275November 19, 2022 6:57 PM

It definitely looks like Kit has thinned out from way overdoing it on the bulking. He looks great. I can't wait to see the more intimate acting between them. Hopefully if true to the comics we will get some actual make out scenes. They definitely know each other better and so should be more comfortable with each other.

by Anonymousreply 276November 19, 2022 9:06 PM

They already had solid chemistry in the first season. It'll be interesting to see how they do now that they're legitimately close.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277November 19, 2022 9:27 PM

He’s still in his bulking phase.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278November 19, 2022 11:33 PM

R277 Kit has so much admiration for Joe that it easily resignates on screen. His eyes definitely light up here. Their chemistry is perfect.

by Anonymousreply 279November 20, 2022 2:07 AM

R278 Eeek too much. Unless it's just the angle. But I guess whatever is good for him. That's what matters.. wasn't he made to gain weight to play Nick? He originally auditioned for Charlie in which he would have had to stay thin. He was kind of a bean pole before taking on the HS role.

by Anonymousreply 280November 20, 2022 2:23 AM

R278 Don't think it's a phase. He obviously enjoys the gym.

Plus, despite his introversion, he likes the attention the body brings.

People don't post shirtless pictures of themselves online if they don't want to show off and get thirst tweets.

I'm not judging him for it; just keeping it real.

by Anonymousreply 281November 20, 2022 2:47 AM

R280 Yes, he was. If he starts bulking up again, I wouldn't be surprised if it's for a role.

by Anonymousreply 282November 20, 2022 3:18 AM

Why are all the girlies so mad at @popcrave? Kit knew exactly what he was doing when he shared that! Lmao

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283November 20, 2022 5:24 AM

Okay. This is random but does anyone else find it odd Connor Jessup didn't react or comment on either Kit or Joe's recent IG posts about their GQ Men of the Year honors??? He's always hounding their IG with comments and banter so it seems out of place? Maybe I'm looking too much into it.

by Anonymousreply 284November 20, 2022 6:49 AM

He’s been off social media entirely for a while, might have retreated to write or something. It doesn’t seem to be anything personal.

by Anonymousreply 285November 20, 2022 7:14 AM

So, you think Kit still friends with Sof and her brother?

by Anonymousreply 286November 20, 2022 7:43 AM

Sof, definitely not. Mikaeel, they still follow each other on insta so probably!

by Anonymousreply 287November 20, 2022 7:54 AM

People were really quick to blame Kit for whatever falling out he had with Sof but both of her brothers still follow Kit and all of Kit's friends (famous and not famous) unfollowed her.

by Anonymousreply 288November 20, 2022 8:01 AM

Hmm...sounds like she might have been the one to blame then for their falling out?

I think people were assuming Kit dumped her for Maia, but with his coming out, I now wonder if they were ever really dating to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 289November 20, 2022 8:08 AM

Their ‘falling out’ and Kit filming with Maia seemed very coincidental.

by Anonymousreply 290November 20, 2022 9:41 AM

Interesting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291November 20, 2022 10:21 AM

That picture was reshared at least a 100 times on IG. Crazy

by Anonymousreply 292November 20, 2022 10:56 AM

28,100 likes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293November 20, 2022 10:59 AM

30,1000 likes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294November 20, 2022 11:00 AM

I'm still waiting for a picture of his pink nipples. We can't see properly on that one he posted back in september. His nipples must be so pink and so sweet.

by Anonymousreply 295November 20, 2022 11:36 AM

R291 Hulking creator is Allan Heinberg

by Anonymousreply 296November 20, 2022 12:29 PM

R296 Good luck with this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297November 20, 2022 1:24 PM

Has season 2 finished filming yet?

by Anonymousreply 298November 20, 2022 2:42 PM

Nobody knows for sure. Some of the supporting cast has wrapped. It’s most likely that they’re wrapping completely sometime this week.

by Anonymousreply 299November 20, 2022 2:45 PM

He looks massive compared to tiny Joe.

by Anonymousreply 300November 20, 2022 3:00 PM

Is it just me of do posters here nitpick Kit's looks more than the rest of the cast?

by Anonymousreply 301November 20, 2022 3:18 PM

R301 Definitely. Is it perhaps because he is the face of HS?

by Anonymousreply 302November 20, 2022 3:48 PM

Kit is "masculine" and "straight passing", some gay posters here feel threatened by that (they are also the same type people who accused Kit of queerbaiting)

by Anonymousreply 303November 20, 2022 3:57 PM

He's 18 FFS - leave the boy alone!

by Anonymousreply 304November 20, 2022 4:07 PM

I could understand obsessing if he’d shown a bit of flesh or showed intelligence of humor. But he’s so boring, I don’t know how you all stay so deeply interested in him.

by Anonymousreply 305November 20, 2022 4:19 PM

Where is this Paul Mescal thing is coming from? Has Kit said anything about him? I think i missed that part.

by Anonymousreply 306November 20, 2022 4:26 PM

Kit is very articulate for an actor.

by Anonymousreply 307November 20, 2022 4:38 PM

Baby would look good with long hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308November 20, 2022 4:40 PM

He could do the Rick Astley biopic.

by Anonymousreply 309November 20, 2022 4:51 PM

R308 Yes, the long hair really frames his face very well. It makes his face seem less round and more defined. However, I don't think Kit has enough hair to ever achieve a hairstyle like that. Bash does, but not Kit.

R301 I think that's only natural. He's the co-lead in the show and plays a character who is damn near perfect in his sensitivity and kindness. And Kit played him to the hilt. So, of course people are going to fixate on him specifically. I personally think Kit isn't particularly super attractive. In any other context, I'd say he's overall average to good-looking, but never would clock him as hot or look twice if I walked past him on the street. Just keeping it real. But when viewing him through the context of Nick, his attractiveness skyrockets. I think that's the case for a lot of people, even if they don't want to admit it. We hear these stories from the cast and others who know Kit, saying what a kind person he is, and naturally people conflate that and think he's as pure as Nick Nelson. The attraction isn't ultimately coming from his looks. It's the personality of Nick Nelson people are imbuing onto him. Again, he's not ugly at all, but if Kit had ended up playing Ben instead of Nick in HS, I guarantee no one would find him nearly as interesting or attractive as they do now.

by Anonymousreply 310November 20, 2022 5:09 PM

I don't think Kit is masculine other than his body he's worked hard at sculpting. His facial features are very soft and give him a baby face. Even with facial hair. He will probably look younger than he is for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 311November 20, 2022 5:26 PM

Your opinion is not an universal fact. I personally think Joe Locke is hideous and I wish they had cast someone cute or even plain as Charlie, not someone downright ugly and uncomfortable to look at. It's weird but I have a crush on Kit since I watched Little Joe back in 2019.

by Anonymousreply 312November 20, 2022 5:28 PM

R310 nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 313November 20, 2022 5:28 PM

Joe, to me, is still hot, young and tight. His face isn’t the most beautiful, but it’s pretty enough to mouth-fuck and cum onto. Plus he’s short, which is attractive to me. And most importantly, you know he likes penis, but he’s not a whore (yet). He’s still “pure” somehow.

by Anonymousreply 314November 20, 2022 5:35 PM

Would you have preferred Jack Wolfe as Charlie?

by Anonymousreply 315November 20, 2022 6:01 PM

This sweet boy from Manchester would have been such a perfect Charlie. He is not an actor, but who cares, it's a teen show. So many cute boys out there, I'm still baffled they cast someone so ugly as Charlie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316November 20, 2022 6:12 PM

Charlie isn't drawn as a confidential beauty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317November 20, 2022 6:15 PM

*conventional

by Anonymousreply 318November 20, 2022 6:16 PM

This boy also would have been a perfect Charlie. Extremely cute in a nerdy way. Damn, such a waste.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319November 20, 2022 6:19 PM

Kit is hot, nice, and charming. It's not rocket science as to why people are into him, really. Also, the people being suggested here for Charlie make me very thankful that DLer don't work in casting. Your choices are bland as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 320November 20, 2022 6:39 PM

In terms of appearance, I think Louis Partridge would've been a great choice for Charlie.

I seriously doubt Kit would be getting all the fan girl attention if they had casted Louis alongside with Kit.

No offense to Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321November 20, 2022 6:46 PM

In terms of temperament, William Gao would probably have been better suited to Charlie than Tao. He's too tall for the role, of course.

by Anonymousreply 322November 20, 2022 6:48 PM

William gao needs to learn how to act first before getting leading roles.

by Anonymousreply 323November 20, 2022 7:05 PM

Did you see William in the play? I don't think he was well cast as Tao.

by Anonymousreply 324November 20, 2022 7:31 PM

Some of the HS acting is pretty sketchy.

by Anonymousreply 325November 20, 2022 7:45 PM

Joe is definitely not what you would call conventionally attractive. But he's not UGLY, imo. I'll admit. At first during promo photos and trailers for HS I was kind of taken aback, but he photographs insanely well and on screen his looks are just fine. He's the perfect Charlie. Only I think he has dimples in the comics but that's not a big deal. Kit as Charlie though...would have been odd. What even made him think to audition for Charlie is beyond me. Kit was thin around that time but he would have had to be Joe Locke thin to pull off the eating disorder storyline.

by Anonymousreply 326November 20, 2022 7:51 PM

Joe looks very good here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327November 20, 2022 7:54 PM

[Quote] What even made him think to audition for Charlie is beyond me

One of the male cast said that they were all given a Charlie monologue. I don't think they all submitted themselves for that paritcular role.

by Anonymousreply 328November 20, 2022 7:56 PM

Kit was almost Charlie until the casting directors saw Joe. Honestly, I wonder how Kit would have dealt with the queerbait discourse that would come with him playing charlie. Obviously Kit is queer but he seems to struggle with the attention on his sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 329November 20, 2022 8:08 PM

Would Kit have had to die his hair to play Charlie ? It would have been interesting to see who his Nick would have been.

by Anonymousreply 330November 20, 2022 8:45 PM

*dye

by Anonymousreply 331November 20, 2022 8:46 PM

[quote]Would Kit have had to die his hair to play Charlie?

I honestly don't think Kit had any real intention to play Charlie.

To me, it sounds like he came in late to the audition process. Casting for Nick was already closed, but Charlie's casting call was still open. I think he auditioned as a means to get his name and face in front of the casting agents, hoping that, once they saw him act, they would offer him a role in the show (maybe Nick, maybe Ben, maybe Harry)--and that's exactly what happened.

Kit said once they saw him, they immediately threw his name into consideration for Nick pretty quickly. I think auditioning for Charlie was strictly strategic to get his foot in the door, so to speak, not because he realistically thought hw was suited to play Charlie.

by Anonymousreply 332November 20, 2022 9:22 PM

R332 that’s what I always thought, but I recently saw an interview Eros did, don’t remember source. He said that Kit was specifically asked to audition for Charlie because of his portrayal of Young Elton John. But when they saw his audition, the casting director realized he would be a better fit for Nick.

by Anonymousreply 333November 20, 2022 9:43 PM

The Nick part was never made available in open auditions like all of the other main characters so I always assumed that Kit was cast as Nick pretty quickly.

by Anonymousreply 334November 20, 2022 9:48 PM

Probably because of the sexuality aspect.

by Anonymousreply 335November 20, 2022 9:50 PM

Kit looks so much better when he actually smiles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336November 20, 2022 9:56 PM

Stop telling men to smile.

by Anonymousreply 337November 20, 2022 9:58 PM

Is Kit 6'? Google says Joe is about 5'9.

by Anonymousreply 338November 20, 2022 10:00 PM

Always subtract 2 inches for actors below 6 feet.

by Anonymousreply 339November 20, 2022 10:04 PM

He's probably close to 6' now. He looked around 5'9" on the show and has grown since then.

by Anonymousreply 340November 20, 2022 10:06 PM

Baby looks so feminine here. My dream boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341November 20, 2022 10:18 PM

I don't really see feminine. Soft features yes but he will eventually grow into a more manly face.

by Anonymousreply 342November 20, 2022 11:32 PM

So, how long do we think it'll be before Kit returns to Twitter. I think it's great he deleted it, but let's face it, he's 18, and Twitter is like crack to Gen Z'ers.

by Anonymousreply 343November 21, 2022 4:57 AM

Probably never. Though not sure how he'll resist name searching himself. But he's still active on tiktok and IG

by Anonymousreply 344November 21, 2022 5:02 AM

I could see him maybe reactivating it before the show starts up again to retweet press stuff, but I don’t think he’ll ever use it again like he did before they all blew up.

by Anonymousreply 345November 21, 2022 5:36 AM

He logged back in to silence the haters on Halloween. He'll be back.

by Anonymousreply 346November 21, 2022 8:52 AM

I’d be surprised if he rejoined unless he came under pressure from his agency to do so. Apart from the thirst post, he’s not even on insta that much.

by Anonymousreply 347November 21, 2022 11:10 AM

You're following his finsta?

by Anonymousreply 348November 21, 2022 11:13 AM

Maia has gone from being prolific on insta to being very quiet. Any chance she might be in the UK if they are wrapping on HS this week and not wanting to give her location away?

by Anonymousreply 349November 21, 2022 12:10 PM

She was just posting at a concert in argentina a couple days ago. Honestly, she's not too quiet about anything. If she's there she'll let everyone know. She posted about being in Europe the whole time she was there and didn't really try to hide she went to Disney with them.

by Anonymousreply 350November 21, 2022 12:17 PM

She's in Argentina to work on her album so she may have just hunkered down to concentrate on it.

by Anonymousreply 351November 21, 2022 12:21 PM

People go to Argentina to work on their album?

by Anonymousreply 352November 21, 2022 12:53 PM

Her home base is Buenos Aires, she's signed to Sony Music Latin, and her album is going to be in Spanish so it makes sense for her.

by Anonymousreply 353November 21, 2022 1:01 PM

It actually make no sense, all big latinos artists work in Miami. I’m surprise she’s still hanging around argentina, she should be networking in Miami

by Anonymousreply 354November 21, 2022 1:04 PM

Nothing to add at the moment other than this picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355November 22, 2022 8:34 PM

What a drama queen. Who will enjoy a lot of clout and privilege from presenting masc and pass as straight, and will settle into the security of a straight heteroamourous relationsship eventually after riding some good d*ck now and then

by Anonymousreply 356November 23, 2022 9:44 AM

You sound like an insecure moron and I bet you are a drama queen. You sound pretty hyped up about an 18 yrs life. Sad

by Anonymousreply 357November 23, 2022 9:53 AM

Well he is a drama queen..and quiet passive aggressive in the way he talks to his fandom.. I really don't understand what anybody is a fan of his. There are way better actors and actresses ( from looks to temperament) that treat their fans better. I'm sick and tired of people babying him..

by Anonymousreply 358November 23, 2022 12:45 PM

To be fair, most people aren't entitled morons that expect 18 year-old actors to cater to their sensibilities. That might be where the disconnect lies here.

by Anonymousreply 359November 23, 2022 1:10 PM

I think he treats his fans pretty well and both he and Joe are fantastic, professional, eloquent role models with huge reach. And all at 18 and 19 years of age.

by Anonymousreply 360November 23, 2022 1:49 PM

The kid came out at 18, just as his acting career is starting to take off. I'd say he's pretty brave if you ask me.

Many talented actors before him in similar situations chose to stay closeted for their careers and not be counted. Whatever his reasons, he chose a different path, and that's so important if we're ever going to chip away at the systemic homophobia that's still present in the industry.

Having actors, like Kit and Joe, who are openly out and proud while they are succeeding is incredibly important to help pave the way for others to do the same.

by Anonymousreply 361November 24, 2022 3:32 AM

Speaking of, their recent British GQ cover was the most interacted with in the magazine’s 33 year history. Two openly queer men outdoing every other cover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362November 24, 2022 4:08 AM

R361 Well said.

by Anonymousreply 363November 24, 2022 4:48 AM

Wish I'd come out at 18.

by Anonymousreply 364November 24, 2022 5:58 AM

R362 Paul fucking kit would be hot

by Anonymousreply 365November 24, 2022 3:16 PM

Funny how Paul Mescal gives out that award after his old schoolmate accused him of homophobic bullying. Ah, showbiz!

by Anonymousreply 366November 24, 2022 3:29 PM

Oh really, not heard that about Paul Mescal before. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 367November 24, 2022 4:28 PM

Me neither. Anyone have a link?

Isn't he scheduled to play gay with Josh O'Connor in an upcoming film?

That bullying history will no doubt resurface again if it's true.

by Anonymousreply 368November 24, 2022 6:19 PM

Not sure how serious I take the accusations. A few people who went to school with him in the comments of another post said it was bullshit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369November 24, 2022 8:48 PM

R365 Did Kit leave this comment?

by Anonymousreply 370November 24, 2022 9:06 PM

There was some discussion on the HS thread about a recent interview Maia did where she (indirectly) implied her relationship with Kit was casual.

So, I suppose this means they are each other's booty calls when they happen to be on the same continent?

It's weird. Before Kit's coming out, I fully believed he and Maia were in a relationship. Now that he came out, and all this "casual" talk, I'm starting to feel more that this might be a PR thing.

That is really really mature for an 18 year old guy to be cool with his gf hooking up with other guys while he's not around, which is the majority of the time.

Or are Gen Z'ers just so much more mature in handling open relationships at 18 than earlier generations?

by Anonymousreply 371November 25, 2022 12:27 AM

She said she's hooking up with othe guys? Maybe this is like Mapplethorpe and Patti Smith, but without the bullwhip.

by Anonymousreply 372November 25, 2022 12:36 AM

Well, maybe she isn't. I just assumed casual implied open relationship--i.e, hooking up with other people.

Casual doesn't seem to imply a committed, monogamous relationship to me.

Maybe they are open in the sense she can hook up with girls, and he can hook up with guys?

In any case, if casual means open relationship...that's still very emotionally mature for an 18 year old to handle, I gotta say.

by Anonymousreply 373November 25, 2022 12:46 AM

Their relationship being PR would make absolutely zero sense. She wouldn't be so transparent about it being casual if it was PR, they would be working to sell the fairy tale. Instead they've both been open about the casualness of it and about the negative ramifications of being seen together (her receiving death threats, him being called a queerbaiter).

R372 No, she didn't say she's hooking up with other guys. And for clarity's sake, they're both bi and she's been in relationships with women before.

by Anonymousreply 374November 25, 2022 12:48 AM

Well, look at Nico Tortorella and his "lesbian" wife. They hooked up in their early twenties but spent most of the decade pursuing relationships with other people, including, on her part, an engagement to a woman, while he has lived with other men.

by Anonymousreply 375November 25, 2022 12:49 AM

They live on different continents, casual is the most logical arrangement in their situation.

by Anonymousreply 376November 25, 2022 12:53 AM

Why even have an arrangement? Be pen pals.

by Anonymousreply 377November 25, 2022 12:54 AM

Also possible it legitimately just started as a hookup as they were aware they’re in different continents, caught feelings but were still aware of the logistics, and decided to try something open and to stay on good terms.

by Anonymousreply 378November 25, 2022 1:03 AM

R377 That's what I was thinking...

And PR isn't always about selling a fairy tale narrative. Sometimes it's simply a way to make one party seem desirable and in-demand.

Kit casually hooking up with a hot actress makes him look good as a leading man, helps remind his fanbase (and casting agents) that he's into chicks even though he's come out as bi, etc.

For Maia, she gets her name linked up with the hottest young actor right now, gets her name our in the press, etc. I never head of her and anything she was in until she hooked up with Kit.

And, of course, it'll drum up a lot of publicity for their movie when they begin doing press for it.

There's a lot of positives to be gained for them both being in a PR relationship.

I think R378 probably has the Occam's razor explanation, but what fun would this board be if we always went with that. lol

by Anonymousreply 379November 25, 2022 1:11 AM

Has Kit torpedoed the PR benefits by coming out?

by Anonymousreply 380November 25, 2022 1:14 AM

R380 I don't think so. If anything, it helps, sorry to say. Being seen and in a relationship with a woman as an open Bi actor is only going to help Kit.

It establishes several things:

1. That he's not gay (which, again sad to say, is still a huge stigma for actors vying for leading male roles in Hollywood).

2. All his fangirls can still daydream and fantasize that someday he might hook up with them (they can't do that if Kit was gay or dating a man). This keeps his teenage heartthrob status intact.

3. Casting agents see him as straight passing and capable of being cast in leading hetero roles (not as easy to do if you're dating a men publicly).

4. Maia is hot. Never a bad thing to be dating a hot actress when you're the current "IT" guy.

This is all a very cynical reading of things, of course. Maybe they truly dig each other in a romantic way. I'm just not as convinced as I was before.

Oh well. There's no major HS or Kit news lately, so just idly gossiping over here.

by Anonymousreply 381November 25, 2022 1:35 AM

That may be true for gay/allies but not for the prejudiced majority. If you like dick, you're gay to them.

by Anonymousreply 382November 25, 2022 1:41 AM

R380 agree with R381 and to add to it - a lot of the conversation about his coming out has not just been “don’t force people out” but also “bi people are valid and don’t need to prove it through same sex relationships”. Being with Maia for that adds another layer as they’re both bi.

by Anonymousreply 383November 25, 2022 1:54 AM

I’ve had to deal firsthand with PR relationships for work. I agree with R374 broadly, this isn’t PR and would be one of the dumbest way to achieve the goals y’all think are being achieved here. There were much easier ways and set-ups for that.

by Anonymousreply 384November 25, 2022 2:41 AM

People exaggerating what she said. Doesn't seem like the most serious relationship in the world, but she wasn't talking about running around fucking everything while dating Kit. She didn't seem all that comfortable talking about it, but did mention she had someone she liked. They are young and live thousands of miles apart. It's pretty realistic they keep it casual. Her career was doing just fine pre-Kit. She's actually the lead in their movie and now she's getting death threats. Not exactly sure she's gaining a whole lot.

And I like Kit, but calling him "the hottest young actor right now" is a bit of a stretch.

by Anonymousreply 385November 25, 2022 6:24 AM

Yawn they both are attention seeking whores, difference is he's given a shit about. She keeps yapping about being bisexual and in love, no one seems to care.

by Anonymousreply 386November 25, 2022 6:40 AM

R386 at least she's pretty he's just...meh.

by Anonymousreply 387November 25, 2022 11:55 AM

It's going to be pretty crazy if Kit or Joe win an Emmy for HS.

I think, of the two, Kit had the meatier material to work with in season 1, so I think he'll probably win it. That coming out scene with Olivia Coleman was pretty amazing. Pretty hard to top that.

Joe will have more emotional material to work with in the coming seasons. However, I sort of wish Joe would end up winning it, just to top off his Cinderella story. In just a year, he went from obscure nobody, to a lead in a hit Netflix show, awarded GQ man of the year, cast in the Marvel franchise, and was nominated (and might potentially win) an Emmy. What a crazy success story.

by Anonymousreply 388November 25, 2022 6:53 PM

The show was never in the Top 10 of Netflix US, was it?

by Anonymousreply 389November 25, 2022 7:14 PM

It was for a single day in #9

by Anonymousreply 390November 25, 2022 8:11 PM

Kit is the better actor and was consistent the entire season so he should be the one to win, but I wouldn't be surprised if the vet wins and it goes to Loretta Devine.

by Anonymousreply 391November 25, 2022 8:17 PM

Yep. I wouldn't expect either one to win but Loretta Devine to take it. She's an Emmy winner actress already and a name the voters know.

by Anonymousreply 392November 25, 2022 10:06 PM

Also think joes year would be next year, not only because he’d have better material but Agatha promo would make him more prominent in voters minds. Agree though; I think it’ll be Loretta

by Anonymousreply 393November 26, 2022 2:22 AM

Oh, she already has an Emmy. Give it to one of the newbies. haha

I thought it was messed up that Eros Lyn didn't get a directing nomination for HS. It was a beautifully directed show. HS received a nomination in pretty much all the major categories except that one.

by Anonymousreply 394November 26, 2022 3:04 AM

Alicia Silverstone is also nominated in their category. Personally I feel it should go to someone actually young, but I guess it doesn't work like that since half the nominees are older adults

Eros should have been nominated for sure.

by Anonymousreply 395November 26, 2022 3:20 AM

I think it’s likely Loretta too but I’m not 100% sold because it’s a vote by a peer panel that was required to view all of the submissions, not a vote from the entire membership, so a name check seems less guaranteed. It’s a brand new show, so it’s harder to figure out how these things will go.

by Anonymousreply 396November 26, 2022 3:41 AM

R386 he has enough good looks to make teen girls create fanpages for him though.

by Anonymousreply 397November 26, 2022 8:06 AM

I think he's really handsome and I find the softness of his features very pretty. It takes all kinds, I guess.

R397 Fan pages with more followers than some celebrities. 123k on this one alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398November 26, 2022 8:12 AM

A chunk of the Heartstopper crew went with them and they all stuck together (minus Yaz). It looks like Yaz posed with them for the press pictures and then went off.

Also, judging by their instagram stories it looks like Brad, Leila, and Cori are still in the cast accommodations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399November 26, 2022 10:44 AM

R399 Wrong thread?

by Anonymousreply 400November 26, 2022 11:33 AM

R399 By chunk of the hs crew you mean, the crew no one except 15 year old neopronouns using asexual aromatic trans people and some odd person on DL (you, unfortunately) give shit about.

by Anonymousreply 401November 26, 2022 11:40 AM

R400 Whoops, yeah. Whatever, I'm too lazy to repost in the show thread.

R401 15 year old neopronouns using asexual aromatic trans people" I'm none of those things, but the eldergay Boomer energy of your comment is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 402November 26, 2022 11:46 AM

R402 I'm literally 21 :)

by Anonymousreply 403November 26, 2022 1:08 PM

R397 That's 'cause he's Nick Nelson. Duh!

Walk down any high street in London, any given day, and you'll see dozens of 'Kit Connors'.

by Anonymousreply 404November 26, 2022 2:43 PM

You wouldn’t notice him (probably) in a crowd but he’s definitely scrubbing up well for events. The last two big awards events, he’s looked great.

For the Emmys, Heartstopper’s had lots of nominations (not sure if other shows had comparable number of noms) so wonder if that’s an indication of likely wins for the show.

by Anonymousreply 405November 26, 2022 3:32 PM

I don't agree that you wouldn't notice him in a crowd. The porcelain skin alone...

by Anonymousreply 406November 26, 2022 3:36 PM

Kit good looking, but not sure being pasty is going to make him stand out in a crowd

by Anonymousreply 407November 26, 2022 5:13 PM

R399 Hmm, wonder why Kit and Joe didn't accompany the cast to the award show.

Maybe they were filming?

by Anonymousreply 408November 26, 2022 6:16 PM

They might have been, but nice to actually give the rest of the cast time to shine. If Joe and Kit go nobody really cares about the rest of them.

by Anonymousreply 409November 26, 2022 6:21 PM

R409 agreed - my guess is there are only so many events they could reasonably take off time for. attitude is the major gay publication; GQ and the NTAs were both huge for them. Gay Times is more minor but still an LGBTQ publication that supported the show since day 1; so it’s smart to still acknowledge it and have some cast go to give a speech/a thank you, but no need to have it be Kit and Joe. Plus kill 2 birds with 1 stone and also give minor cast a chance to attend - a lot of fans thought (maybe fairly) that it sucked Yaz and Will but not kizzy and Cori got to go to attitude.

by Anonymousreply 410November 26, 2022 7:56 PM

This is a feeling based on nothing, but given that the dog that plays Nellie was on set I think they could have been shooting with Olivia Colman and maybe that’s part of why they couldn’t go.

by Anonymousreply 411November 26, 2022 8:45 PM

R407 He's not really pasty, he's more porcelain? It's not a lack of sun, it's his natural color so it suits him instead of washing him out.

I also think he has an excellent side profile. Perfect nose, great eyelashes, full lips.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412November 27, 2022 7:27 AM

He does have a great nose, for sure. I always thought his nose profile was practically perfect.

by Anonymousreply 413November 27, 2022 7:36 AM

I like his crooked smile, it's very charming.

by Anonymousreply 414November 27, 2022 7:43 AM

Kit's side profile really is perfection. I think he said in am interview his nose is his favorite physical feature.

by Anonymousreply 415November 27, 2022 10:24 PM

Anymore Season 2 photo leaks ? Haven't seen any recently.

by Anonymousreply 416December 1, 2022 4:56 AM

R416 Looks like they're done filming at outdoor locations, which is probably why there haven't been any leaks. Whatever shooting is left is probably being done on soundstage in a studio somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 417December 1, 2022 5:10 AM

I am looking forward to a priceless Cormac react shot the first time Harry sees Nick & Charlie holding hands in school.

by Anonymousreply 418December 1, 2022 5:15 AM

Straight boys are hysterical little girls. Joe Locke receives a lot more bullying and a lot less fawning than KC, but he doesn't act like a poor victim like this plump kid does.

by Anonymousreply 419December 1, 2022 5:35 AM

R419 = Blind retard that can't read.

by Anonymousreply 420December 1, 2022 6:15 AM

Straight male leads don't come out as bi for clout. Get a grip, r419.

by Anonymousreply 421December 1, 2022 3:44 PM

Got to love Olivia Coleman speaking in support of Kit.

by Anonymousreply 422December 2, 2022 4:23 PM

What did she say?

by Anonymousreply 423December 2, 2022 5:25 PM

“I am so proud of him, but I am not proud of how people bullied him,” Colman told Variety on Thursday night. “I think people should be allowed to have their own journey.

“But I’m incredibly proud of him as a young man to deal with all of that and be in the spotlight. It’s unfair,” she continued. “But he’s amazing. He’s a very beautiful human being.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424December 2, 2022 5:42 PM

Looking forward to the Comic Con in São Paulo this weekend, and a quality Kit and Joe panel.

by Anonymousreply 425December 2, 2022 9:27 PM

Part of me wants Kit to go off on the "haters" at the con. It would hit different than a tweet.

by Anonymousreply 426December 2, 2022 9:29 PM

I wouldn't expect much. HS is not the only thing Netflix will be showing.

by Anonymousreply 427December 2, 2022 9:33 PM

R427. Oh, I was assuming that if they’ve flown straight there pretty much direct from end of filming it would be for something quite big to make it worth their while.

by Anonymousreply 428December 2, 2022 9:47 PM

His face looks so bloated on these Brazil pics. He looked much better on that fan event back in September. I think the shorter haircut is making his face look more bloated.

by Anonymousreply 429December 3, 2022 5:56 PM

Kit looks so cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430December 3, 2022 5:59 PM

Still a little too bulked up imo. He had the perfect build in Season 1. He was a bean pole before that.

by Anonymousreply 431December 3, 2022 6:01 PM

I don't think oversized clothes work on Kit. He's not as slim as Joe or Bash are. He looks much better here R430 than the day before.

by Anonymousreply 432December 3, 2022 6:02 PM

Con lighting is notoriously awful and unless you have the most chiseled bone structure ever you look puffy as hell. He Joe and bash all look good to me

by Anonymousreply 433December 3, 2022 6:03 PM

Not the bloated face trolling again, Christ. Anyway, his body looks great and I'm not sure in what universe this is too bulky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434December 3, 2022 6:04 PM

This day was the best he has ever looked. The Brazil pics just ain't it, his face looks very bloated. Do you think he gained some weight on his face since september or is it just the short haircut?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435December 4, 2022 6:39 PM

He looks good in the professionally taken Brazil pics. Think the con lighting was just god awful. Joe has really strong bone structure so it was less noticeable on him but the Netflix group picture most people looked bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436December 4, 2022 6:41 PM

You know the poster(s) who nitpicks Kit's looks resembles...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437December 4, 2022 6:49 PM

Kit looks great today. God bless Netflix Brasil for a brilliant photo shoot. Green is his colour.

by Anonymousreply 438December 4, 2022 6:58 PM

Okay, I'm not a Joe/Kit shipping fangirl, but I have to admit this is so fucking adorable. The way Kit gestures to Joe to step out onto the glass with him, and how Joe takes his hand to sit down.

Could they be anymore like Nick and Charlie in this moment? Netflix Brazil is milking the fan service and I'm loving it.

I hope Kit and Joe, while I'm sure they're tired, are enjoying themselves. These moments won't last forever. They won't have this level of fame forever--which is a good thing--so I hope they can live in the moment and just enjoy these experiences while they can.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439December 4, 2022 7:00 PM

R439 poor joe looked scared to shit. Netflix Brazil was shameless about fan pandering with those pics, it’s so funny and well done.

by Anonymousreply 440December 4, 2022 7:25 PM

I think Kit sells the fanservice better than Joe does though. Not that Joe can't normally. Seems like he was pretty scared.

by Anonymousreply 441December 4, 2022 7:32 PM

I think they both sold it well in the pictures. Most of the videos in between (when they're not posing) aren't really fan service, it's just them being dumb and funny as themselves.

by Anonymousreply 442December 4, 2022 7:36 PM

Netflix is truly going all out for heartstopper. They are betting on S2 to become a huge hit because they are promoting it almost a year ahead

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443December 4, 2022 11:09 PM

R443 they are; joe landing marvel gives them a chance at another huge audience base and of course we have no clue what Kit, Bash, or anyone else might also have nabbed.

by Anonymousreply 444December 4, 2022 11:11 PM

They essentially have to given that they gave it a 2 season renewal.

by Anonymousreply 445December 4, 2022 11:12 PM

It was a hit everywhere except the US, with the right promo they can make it happen. It’s extremely likely to happen with Joe’s mcu role and HS2 coming almost back to back next year

by Anonymousreply 446December 4, 2022 11:13 PM

Are they all off to LA now or will Kit spend some time with Maia? Kit and Joe must both be shattered. In that 2nd photo kit posted he looked totally done with everything!

by Anonymousreply 447December 5, 2022 7:11 AM

R447 Kit has to go to Argentina to spend time with her, he's in Brazil.

by Anonymousreply 448December 5, 2022 8:49 AM

R440 Netflix Brazil didn't know Joe is scared of heights. I agree they took them there to basically promote HS season 2 we all know that, because they were making them pose as Nick and Charlie, but the behind the scenes seem genuine, not you sad turds thinking it was a PR too, Kit loves to tease Joe, we all have seen that.

by Anonymousreply 449December 5, 2022 8:53 AM

R449 calm down, the two comments were unrelated. Joe was scared as fuck, and the photoshoot netflix Brazil made them do was total fan pandering. No shit they have a genuine friendship? They spent their day off all hanging out, and did the same in Paris, clearly they get on.

by Anonymousreply 450December 5, 2022 9:01 AM

Those pictures were pure fan service, while some were cute I'm glad they don't always have to do it. I prefer their natural relationship over them pretending to be Nick and Charlie.

by Anonymousreply 451December 5, 2022 9:05 AM

I seriously doubt Kit is going anywhere else other than to see Maia.

Like he's going to pass up an opportunity to have another booty call with a hot girl like that.

Wonder when he'll be spotted first in Argentina.

by Anonymousreply 452December 5, 2022 9:06 AM

R451 those pictures were fan service bitch, they were posing as Nick and Charlie ffs. Everyone knows that, even the fans do. What is the argument even about? And yes they do get along well. R451 seems like you want it to happen more than anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 453December 5, 2022 9:08 AM

I'm not sure why are you are so angry R453. Kit and Joe are great friends with a really fun relationship. I'd rather them just act natural than pretend to do tie toe kisses. I'm sorry. And all the fans knowing they were just pretending is a bit delusional.

by Anonymousreply 454December 5, 2022 9:10 AM

R454 Tip toe kisses. It's early!

by Anonymousreply 455December 5, 2022 9:11 AM

R454 babe they were asked to do that, that's how promos work, calm down, they are still their natural selves whenever they're at a restaurant eating their hearts out, or on set teasing each other. They're good friends that like to take piss out of each other, like Kit said.

by Anonymousreply 456December 5, 2022 9:14 AM

I feel everyone is calm but you though

by Anonymousreply 457December 5, 2022 9:20 AM

You guys are fucking weird. The footage from the shoot between poses is clearly of Kit and Joe shooting the shit as themselves, they didn't go method for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458December 5, 2022 9:27 AM

Anyway don't get the complaints Kit looks bad. His body is amazing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459December 5, 2022 11:18 AM

Well, him visiting Maia spread quite a bit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460December 6, 2022 8:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!