Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I have covid!

I have no idea how I escaped it for this long, but it finally found me. I have a bad cough, stuffy nose, headache, dizziness and my chest hurts. Got any tips to make it better? Ps: I'm triple vaxxed.

by Anonymousreply 155December 2, 2022 4:42 PM

Can I have your stuff?

by Anonymousreply 1October 30, 2022 4:28 PM

Were you double-boosted? This covid will be terrible.

If you want get rid of sore throat, just drink about 5-10 cc of chlorhexidine mouth wash. Then drink about 500 cc of warm filtered water 30 minutes afterward, sore throat will be gone in an hour.

by Anonymousreply 2October 30, 2022 4:40 PM

I finally caught this summer and it really did a number on my throat, it was the worst symptom I suffered. Like R2 commented try the mouth wash. I took Claritin D for the congestion.

by Anonymousreply 3October 31, 2022 3:30 AM

Get some paxlovid ot whatever antiviral they're using now. It's free and available to anyone infected, I believe. Last week I read that there will be a doorstop delivery partnership for underserved communities, which seemed to indicate restrictions on access are nearly eliminated.

Anyway, don't fuck around and find out if you're going to have a severe case when you don't have to. Get well soon!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 31, 2022 4:45 AM

I have it, too. My version has been very mild and I thought I was all through it, tested negative even, went a few days and then spent yesterday coughing deeply, re-tested, and confirmed it.

Today, I’ve coughed just a few times. I’m resting full time and drinking as much water as I can make myself take. I read that lungs need water and I sure as shit need my lungs. I’m going to make it through but it’s scary.

Good luck, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5October 31, 2022 4:53 AM

I also caught Covid-19 recently after being boosted twice. It happened after being gone for a week. I had not flown for 3 years and then sure enough I got sick within 2 days of being home.. It was bad for 3 days and then started to subside.

by Anonymousreply 6October 31, 2022 4:59 AM

The variants now are incredibly contagious for a disease that was already incredibly contagious. RSV and Influenza are circulating, as well, and it's not yet November. Get all the vaccinations as soon as you're clear because public health officials are saying it's going to be a very rough winter. Masks up and hands off your face. The public is gross.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 31, 2022 5:10 AM

I’m just getting over it. Symptoms are almost gone, except for a hacking cough (that I had even before COVID, due to a lung infection). It took me 10 days to test negative. It really sucks.

by Anonymousreply 8October 31, 2022 5:16 AM

Whoever said omicron was mild can shut up. I feel terrible and I have every symptom in the book, including fever. I can barely walk without feeling light-headed.

by Anonymousreply 9October 31, 2022 5:20 AM

R6 Good to know. I'm on my third day and I still feel like shit. I tested positive yesterday but symptoms started Saturday. Did you have any bad symptoms?

by Anonymousreply 10October 31, 2022 5:22 AM

R5 Same. I am very scared. I haven't had a fever since I was a kid (I'm 35). Now I have a fever and I feel horrible. I have every symptom imaginable. The one good news I guess is that the cough has gotten better, probably should take that as a good sign?

by Anonymousreply 11October 31, 2022 5:24 AM

I had bad chills, tight chest. fever and then it felt like a really bad head cold. My nose would not stop running

I took lots of baths., slept and drank chamomile tea. That helped to stay hydrated and get through. My lungs started clearing up and now it’s more like a normal cold recovery. Good luck. R6

by Anonymousreply 12October 31, 2022 5:28 AM

I got COVID after traveling too. I masked in the airport and onboard (except when I was eating or drinking), but let my guard down at the baggage carousel; there was a huge scrum of people getting right in my face. I put my mask back on but I think the damage was done; a week later I started having symptoms, and the day after that I tested positive.

by Anonymousreply 13October 31, 2022 5:28 AM

DEFINITELY take it as a good sign, R11. I mean, I’m no doctor but it’s gotta be good any time your immune system has one less front it has to fight on.

by Anonymousreply 14October 31, 2022 5:30 AM

[Quote]I had bad chills, tight chest. fever and then it felt like a really bad head cold. My nose would not stop running

You're literally describing all of my symptoms. In addition to a really bad cough.

R12 Thanks, I am scared but I just have to hope it'll pass by time. I read somewhere that it should pass within a week or so, I'm on my third day now.

by Anonymousreply 15October 31, 2022 5:31 AM

I'm sorry, OP. So far, fingers crossed, I've avoided it.

by Anonymousreply 16October 31, 2022 5:33 AM

R16

I'm concerned. Someone in my family just tested positive. She planned to return home today but now can't get on a plane. We've been very careful. I tested myself and got a negative result. We have a very old family member in a medical facility and obviously, people who test positive can't visit.

by Anonymousreply 17October 31, 2022 3:03 PM

If you’re in an airport, you’re gonna get Covid.

by Anonymousreply 18October 31, 2022 4:29 PM

Are people still actively wearing masks in airports or is it a free for all?

by Anonymousreply 19October 31, 2022 9:41 PM

R18

My sibling didn't have COVID when she flew in a week ago. She caught it in NYC, despite masking. She's been tested several times during her visit because you can't enter a medical facility with sick people unless you get a negative result. But it was nice of her to change her plans to avoid infecting a planeload of strangers.

by Anonymousreply 20October 31, 2022 10:01 PM

Airports are a free for all. I would say only 10 percent wear masks.

by Anonymousreply 21October 31, 2022 10:07 PM

Or less

by Anonymousreply 22October 31, 2022 10:37 PM

Mask-wearing seems to have gone by the wayside. A few weeks ago, I would say about 20-30% of my fellow shoppers in a supermarket were masked; last week--I was the only one. I still see cashiers and servers wearing masks, though.

by Anonymousreply 23October 31, 2022 10:56 PM

[quote]R2: If you want get rid of sore throat, just drink about 5-10 cc of chlorhexidine mouth wash.

On threads like these, there's always some harmful disinformation or other. Chlorhexidine mouthwash, like all mouthwash, is not to be ingested. This is pretty close to Trump telling people to drink bleach.

From the link:

[quote]● 𝐈𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧. After rinsing, spit it out. Don’t swallow it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 31, 2022 11:25 PM

R13 here. I finally tested negative last Sunday, 10 days after I first tested positive. Still have a lingering cough and a bit of fatigue.

I got Paxlovid but didn’t take it - maybe I should have, but at least now I have some available for the *next* time I get COVID.

by Anonymousreply 25November 3, 2022 7:08 PM

I appear to have it. I was so careful, dammit! And I got the booster the day before I had symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 26November 5, 2022 5:16 PM

Always nice to hear from 2020.

by Anonymousreply 27November 5, 2022 5:19 PM

I got mine a little over 2 weeks ago at the Pet Shop Boys/New Order concert. No I didn't wear a mask, so that was on me. The old guy to the right of me was coughing and I was praying that he wasn't sick. My friend to the left of me didn't get it (and we had dinner right before, so I wasn't infected then). Fortunately I got the Omicron booster 3-4 weeks prior, so I was only sickish for 2 days- runny nose, coughing, mild fever, tiredness. I did start nasal rinsing, gargling with salt water, and mouthwash ASAP, as well as take some chinese herbs for colds that I always take (knocks a cold out in 3 days), so I don't know if it helped at all. I've had colds worse than this, and for that booster, I am grateful.

by Anonymousreply 28November 5, 2022 5:34 PM

I had a cold that felt like covid last week, but never tested positive on my Uncle Joe tests.

by Anonymousreply 29November 5, 2022 6:00 PM

R28

I believe I got it because two people in my family contracted COVID and although they isolated it may not have been good enough. I wear a mask the minute I step outside my door. My apartment building recommends it. Outdoors, if I'm not around a lot of people, I take it off, but I wear it on the subway, the bus, and in indoor locations that have a lot of people. I've also visited a relative in a medical facility, where it's mandatory and you have to do a test and get a negative result in order to proceed beyond the lobby. I ate in a couple of restaurants, but they weren't crowded and I sat away from other people.

I got the first two Pfizer shots and the first booster. I didn't get around to getting the second booster. I got the third booster the day before I showed symptoms. I thought I was having a reaction similar to the one I had to the previous booster: aches and pains, fever, chills, a very sore arm. But then I developed a headache, sneezing and a really bad cough. I'm not deathly ill, but I am sick.

by Anonymousreply 30November 6, 2022 3:42 AM

R27

What's that supposed to mean? The pandemic never ended. I was one of the people who understood that.

by Anonymousreply 31November 6, 2022 3:44 AM

OP - I had the same exact symptoms 2 weeks ago when I had Covid. I'm 41, healthy, vaxxed, in shape, and it knocked me out. This feels different than the description I heard of Omicron which everyone got over the holidays and most said it was nothing. It also took 10 days to test negative whereas it seemed like Omicron was harder to pick up on the rapid home tests. I know how I got it. I hooked up with and kissed 2 different guys that week. The 3 day fever, the exhaustion of it all.

by Anonymousreply 32November 6, 2022 4:51 AM

Posting, once again, how viruses are spread through the air.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 6, 2022 7:08 PM

On my second week and I'm still not better. My fever has gone and I don't cough nearly as much but I still feel like shit. I still have a headache, I'm dizzy, my nose is still snotty and I have no energy. I had to go on sick leave this week.

by Anonymousreply 34November 8, 2022 8:58 AM

I had all the shots including the recent booster last month. Got it about a week ago. Am on an antiviral and it’s relatively mild. Minor fever, sore throat, head cold. But will take to wearing masks on public transportation again when this is over. Thankfully I am totally boosted and for antivirals.

by Anonymousreply 35November 8, 2022 9:30 AM

R35 I had my third shot almost a year ago. I'm not old enough to qualify for the fourth shot yet. Trust me if I was I would have gotten it already. I had no idea it would hit me this hard. I'm a healthy 35 year old but have never felt sicker. I'm on week two and still not any better.

by Anonymousreply 36November 8, 2022 9:39 AM

Use Flonase to reduce nasal inflammation to lessen and reverse any loss of smell.

by Anonymousreply 37November 8, 2022 9:51 AM

Have any of you tried cradling a mug of pumpkin spice latte? DL swears by it.

by Anonymousreply 38November 8, 2022 9:52 AM

[quote]my nose is still snotty

Are you not taking an antihistamine or nasal steroid? I would have done that first thing.

by Anonymousreply 39November 8, 2022 9:53 AM

Flonase didn't do a thing for my nasal symptoms when I had it, but I had some azelastine and that worked. It just went over the counter too, so it should be easier to get. It was a prescription nasal spray when I first got it.

by Anonymousreply 40November 8, 2022 10:03 AM

r36, maybe you didn't get the Omicron strain, but an older one?

by Anonymousreply 41November 8, 2022 11:35 AM

R41 Maybe. There's also a new strain right now that is immune to vaccines. Wonder if that's the one I got.

by Anonymousreply 42November 8, 2022 11:44 AM

None of the strains are immune to vaccines, even the original vax.

"There are studies already to show that even the monovalent booster, whether it was Pfizer or Moderna, actually produces similar neutralizing antibodies against these variants [when compared to other variants]," says Dr. Jose Vazquez, chief of infectious disease at the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University.

Recent data has shown that some antibodies, whether from vaccination or previous infection, have lasted as long as a year and a half in some people — and more than 80% of the North American population has had a Covid vaccine or infection, says Vazquez.

"Fortunately for us, all of these vaccines, including the original vaccine, will elicit some type of neutralizing antibody response," Vazquez says. "That will help us despite the fact that these are brand-new variants that we have."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 8, 2022 3:17 PM

Someone asked me what symptoms I have. Sorry, I don't see the original comment. As I said, I got the booster, but too late. I've had it for a little over a week. My symptoms have improved, but I'm still sick. The day before yesterday, I still tested positive. I need to test myself again.

Symptoms possibly related to the booster, which I got before: Severe aches and pains, fever, chills, headache, arm soreness.

Symptoms related to Covid: Extreme fatigue, dizziness, nasal and chest congestion, runny nose, sneezing, coughing so bad I think I hurt one of my ribs. It's the worst cough I've ever had in my life. A dry, hard cough that makes you think your chest is going to split open. At times, it was impossible for me to hold a conversation because of the hacking cough. It's possible it's affected my memory: On Twitter, there are nostalgia quiz accounts that post photos of actors and musicians from the past, and usually, I never have any trouble coming up with their names. Now, I am. I sure hope that's temporary.

One of the meds I've been taking is an OTC drug called Mucinex, which controls coughing, relieves chest congestion, and loosens mucus. I was also taking another decongestant whose name I forget. Also, lots of cough drops. I don't know why I didn't try to get a prescription drug, except that I try to take as little medication as possible and this isn't what I thought Covid would be like.

As I said before, I wasn't one of those people who said that getting it was inevitable. I tried very hard to avoid it. There were, however, two people in my family who caught it (who are claiming I must have gotten it somewhere else *eyeroll*). I'm annoyed, but grateful it's not worse. Perhaps that's because I have been vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 44November 10, 2022 11:47 AM

[Quote]Extreme fatigue, dizziness, nasal and chest congestion, runny nose, sneezing, coughing so bad I think I hurt one of my ribs. It's the worst cough I've ever had in my life. A dry, hard cough that makes you think your chest is going to split open. At times, it was impossible for me to hold a conversation because of the hacking cough. It's possible it's affected my memory: On Twitter, there are nostalgia quiz accounts that post photos of actors and musicians from the past, and usually, I never have any trouble coming up with their names. Now, I am. I sure hope that's temporary.

I have the exact same symptoms as you. Thankfully my cough has gotten better. I still cough, but not nearly as much as I used to, and my fever has gone. Otherwise I still have all the symtoms, headache, dizziness, fatigue, chest pains etc. I walked from my kitchen to the living room and I needed to sit down. I was so dizzy and exhausted. I'm currently on sick leave from work. Tomorrow I've been sick for two weeks and I'm still not getting any better. I'm a healthy 35 year old but I've never been sicker than I am right now. And btw, I'm triple vaxxed (I have the double shots that you need and a single booster). I'm not qualified for the fourth shot yet, due to my age.

by Anonymousreply 45November 10, 2022 11:59 AM

R45

Have you seen a doctor? One of my relatives had a video visit. The doctor initially didn't think she had Covid even though she had tested positive. Three and one-half weeks later, my relative no longer tests positive but her voice still doesn't sound normal.

Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 46November 10, 2022 12:07 PM

OP get a Neti pot and distilled water. Use it to flush out your sinuses.

I’ve had covid twice now (first time was worse - took paxlovid, second time was a month ago - felt like a cold). I used the neti pot and took mucinex and Tylenol.

I’m sorry you feel shitty.

by Anonymousreply 47November 10, 2022 12:11 PM

I’m also a healthy 35 year old and got it for the first time. It felt like a really bad cold for 2-3 days, but it’s been more than 2 weeks and still get short of breath at the gym. I can only do about half the weights as usual and have not even attempted cardio. I’m hoping when my congestion clears everything will be normal again.

by Anonymousreply 48November 10, 2022 12:12 PM

R46 I couldn't even get into the doctor's office, despite a negative test. I talked to a receptionist and she just said that the covid going around now is tough. She said I needed to be patient and they couldn't do anything about it.

by Anonymousreply 49November 10, 2022 12:25 PM

Eldergay here. Double vaxed and triple boostered. I got covid the weekend before Halloween. A few days of 102 fevers, heavy chest congestion, headaches and nasal congestion. It's now eleven days since start of symptoms and I'm still dealing with nasal congestion but only an occasional chest cough.

The week before developing symptoms I took the bus downtown three times for doctor dentist appointments. Wore a mask on the bus two of the times. The third time I forget it. It's like Russian roulette.

by Anonymousreply 50November 10, 2022 12:25 PM

R49

At least you've exhausted the possibilities.

by Anonymousreply 51November 10, 2022 12:27 PM

R46 Testing positive is not the problem. I tested negative after 5 days, thank god. But I still have all the symptoms. Stuffy nose, headache, dizziness, fatigue etc. I can't even walk 5 steps without getting dizzy. A positive test doesn't help much, I can't go to the store to buy groceries, I can't buy christmas presents. I can't do anything. I have been inside for the past 2 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 52November 10, 2022 12:28 PM

R17, it's a bummer that you got Covid the day after having a booster, but the booster takes 10-14 days to work, so it had no effect on your illness this time.

Norman Swan, who is the doctor who has been advising Australians via the ABC, advises that none of the vaccines is brilliant at stopping you from getting Covid in the first place. They all do lower your chances, especially in the first 4-6 months after you get them, but the new strains are even more resistant in this sense.

The good news is, he says studies have shown that if you have had 3 shots, you have one-third the likelihood of hospitalisation/serious illness than if you'd had 2, and if you've had 4 or more you have one-thirtieth the likelihood of serious illness than if you'd only had 2. So the boosters are really good at preventing serious disease, and also significantly lessen your likelihood of getting Long Covid.

He said the new bivalent vaccines have been a bit of a disappointment. They still work great as a booster, and in that sense are as good as or better than any other kind of Covid shot, but they don't have the degree of extra efficacy against Omicron that was hoped for, because it appears that our immune systems seem to "imprint" on the first vaccine we got and resist adapting to new bells and whistles. So the message on them is, by all means have them if offered, but don't imagine they make you bulletproof.

Likewise, masks are about twice as effective at preventing transmission if they are on the person with Covid, than if they are only on those who don't.

That was really interesting, R33, thank you. Of course, people need to remember that if they enter an enclosed bar in which someone has Covid, s/he may already have been there breathing and speaking loudly for an hour before you arrived, so the place might already be full of aerosols when you first get there.

R49, get an oximeter to go on your finger and monitor your oxygen levels. The instructions (or the pharmacist) will tell you what the level is where you need to get serious with your doctor or go to the ER. It's the best way of monitoring your lungs, which (apart from too-high fever) are the part of it all to be most concerned about.

by Anonymousreply 53November 10, 2022 12:28 PM

My cousin is the same age as me and she needed 3 or 4 weeks to recover. She got pneumonia from the covid. Again, this is a healthy 30-something.

by Anonymousreply 54November 10, 2022 12:31 PM

R52

I wasn't saying that testing negative meant one was completely recovered. I care about the test result because when positive I'm isolating myself. I don't want to infect other people. In addition, I have a relative who is in a medical facility and no one who tests positive is allowed in.

by Anonymousreply 55November 10, 2022 12:32 PM

[Quote]Eldergay here. Double vaxed and triple boostered. I got covid the weekend before Halloween. A few days of 102 fevers, heavy chest congestion, headaches and nasal congestion. It's now eleven days since start of symptoms and I'm still dealing with nasal congestion but only an occasional chest cough.

I'm on my 13th day. I have headaches, dizziness, nasal congestion, fatigue... you name it. Fever is gone and cough is better but I have every other symptom. Can't even walk without feeling like I'm gonna pass out.

by Anonymousreply 56November 10, 2022 12:32 PM

R55 I get it, but a negative test doesn't help. I wasn't allowed inside even with a negative test result.

by Anonymousreply 57November 10, 2022 12:33 PM

R54

Wow. That's scary. Best of luck to her.

by Anonymousreply 58November 10, 2022 12:35 PM

R57

So what do they want?

by Anonymousreply 59November 10, 2022 12:36 PM

Meanwhile, Bill Maher is still making fun of people who mask as if they're deluded alarmists.

Screw you, Bill Maher.

by Anonymousreply 60November 10, 2022 12:38 PM

Another eldergay here who's double vaxxed and resisted Covid all this time but finally succumbed a couple of weeks ago. I finally tested negative yesterday but the congestion, relatively mild now, is still annoyingly there. It feels like it will remain with me forever.

by Anonymousreply 61November 10, 2022 12:39 PM

R61

Good Lord.

by Anonymousreply 62November 10, 2022 12:39 PM

R59 I don't know. I said I was very sick and wanted a check up. I said I have had covid, but tested negative. They just said I wasn't allowed in and that I just needed to be patient. They couldn't do anything about it.

by Anonymousreply 63November 10, 2022 12:45 PM

R61 Same. The congestion is bad. I'm on day 13 and it's about the same as day 1.

by Anonymousreply 64November 10, 2022 12:46 PM

Those of you who've gotten sick and haven't taken Paxlovid -- why not?

by Anonymousreply 65November 10, 2022 12:48 PM

R65 Because it's not avilable for me in my country. Only those who are older or have pre-existing conditions can get it.

by Anonymousreply 66November 10, 2022 12:52 PM

R53, that's a good point about a room already being filled with aerosols. This ends my internal yearning to return to movie theaters in Manhattan this season.

by Anonymousreply 67November 10, 2022 12:55 PM

Interestingly, my husband and I both tested positive for Covid in the same week, we both went to the same local urgent care clinic but saw different physicians. Mine prescribed a Z Pack and his prescribed the Pax. He hated the Pax because of the metallic taste it left in his mouth.

But except for my remaining congestion, we're over it now. I see how Covid will just stay in our lives for years now, just something we're all going to have to get used to. Glad that with vaxxing it's not lethal but it sure ain't fun.

by Anonymousreply 68November 10, 2022 1:01 PM

R53

Thanks for the information.

by Anonymousreply 69November 10, 2022 1:02 PM

Thanks for the response, R66. Even in the US, where it's supposed to be freely available, I know people who've had a hard time getting it prescribed by their doctors. A study came out this week that said it reduces the risk of long covid in addition to basically eliminating the risk of hospitalization, so I'll try my damndest to get hold of it if I get the virus.

But I am certainly not going into restaurants, no matter how uncrowded they are. "Transmission of COVID-19 from inhalation of virus in the air can occur at distances greater than six feet. Particles from an infected person can move throughout an entire room or indoor space. The particles can also linger in the air after a person has left the room – they can remain airborne for hours in some cases. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70November 10, 2022 1:04 PM

It’s alarming reading how sick you all feel and how masks are essentially a thing of the past at this point. No one seems to care anymore. And I’m in NYC. I’ll see a handful of masks on public transit at this point but that’s about it. I assume when I see young people wearing masks outside that they actively have covid.

Everyone at my job has been testing positive and the people in charge are basically shrugging in terms of mandating masks in the office or making us go back to more virtual work.

Anyway, hugs to all of you who feel shitty. I hope it passes.

by Anonymousreply 71November 10, 2022 1:15 PM

Pretty much everyone I know has caught it at least once, but for me and my 87 year old dad. I distant work acquaintance is the only personal death I've seen. Double Vax and one boost, but I think that just limits the severity since most everyone I know who did catch was also vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 72November 10, 2022 1:19 PM

Feel better op…. I had a mild case in Sept…everything still tastes funny

by Anonymousreply 73November 10, 2022 1:20 PM

^^My neighbor got it just before Thanksgiving last year. He says everything still tastes like metal to him, almost a year later.

by Anonymousreply 74November 10, 2022 1:22 PM

[Quote]Everyone at my job has been testing positive and the people in charge are basically shrugging in terms of mandating masks in the office or making us go back to more virtual work.

Same here. Everyone at my work has had it. Weirdly enough they were back perfectly healthy after a week, even the older ones, like those in their 60s. I'm in my 30s, healthy, and here I am, on my second week tomorrow. I'm still not better. Anyways, no more virtual work for us either. My boss wants us to work from the office.

by Anonymousreply 75November 10, 2022 1:23 PM

r65, I did a telehealth meeting asap, and the doctor said my symptoms weren't bad enough to merit taking it, and my chances for rebound was greater. She told me if my symptoms got worse in a day, then they were prescribe it. And for me, she was right, mine was the very mild cold symptoms for 2 days.

by Anonymousreply 76November 10, 2022 1:41 PM

In lieu of office mask-wearing, I just spray Lysol into the face of any co-worker who approaches me.

by Anonymousreply 77November 10, 2022 2:50 PM

R65, Paxlovid is effective if administered in the first few days of symptoms. Plus it can interfere with certain cardiac meds such as flecanide given for afib. So not everyone is a candidate.

by Anonymousreply 78November 10, 2022 8:28 PM

I swear by gargling Lysol.

by Anonymousreply 79November 10, 2022 10:16 PM

I opted against the Paxlovid because it seemed like everyone gets a Covid rebound from it. They say that after you have the most recent strain, you have super immunity. I'm definitely have been a little nervous to hook up but my loins are on fire.

by Anonymousreply 80November 11, 2022 2:07 AM

R43 Sure, you keep on believing your little story

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81November 11, 2022 4:10 AM

Aspirin, sleep, liquids. I’d only get worried if it got hard to breathe.

by Anonymousreply 82November 11, 2022 4:13 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 83November 11, 2022 4:14 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 84November 11, 2022 4:15 AM

From the link at r82

Public-health experts say that while vaccines may wane in efficacy against newer variants, they continue to protect people from severe COVID-19. There is early evidence that vaccine-induced immunity may also produce a broader range of virus-fighting antibodies over time.

by Anonymousreply 85November 11, 2022 5:33 AM

If you have covid, consider getting treatment advice through Test to Treat. Why? Because these providers are actually up-to-date on current guidelines and let's be real, many doctors aren't keeping up with the latest HHS guidance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86November 11, 2022 5:54 AM

R81 I think that's the one I got because I feel terrible and I'm a young and healthy 35 year old. I'm also triple vaxxed (the original two plus the booster).

by Anonymousreply 87November 11, 2022 7:13 AM

[quote]I still haven't caught COVID, even once, and I'm still unvaccinated. You cunts must have really shit health and immune systems.

r83 How tf did you manage to live peacefully in the dictatorship that is Australia without being vaccinated? Last I checked your country was being notoriously heavy-handed with the mandates; especially in Victoria.

Seriously. How?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88November 11, 2022 8:08 AM

R83 I went almost 3 years before catching it. I'm literally one of the last people to get it. Also, shit immune system? Fuck off. I'm healthy and young. This covid is hard on everyone. I know many young and healthy people that needed weeks to recover from it.

by Anonymousreply 89November 11, 2022 8:33 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 90November 11, 2022 9:55 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 91November 11, 2022 9:59 AM

^LOL

by Anonymousreply 92November 11, 2022 10:17 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 93November 11, 2022 10:18 AM

Yet another stealth anti-vax thread.

by Anonymousreply 94November 11, 2022 10:19 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 95November 11, 2022 10:22 AM

We can all rest easy that these kind of posts will lead to DumbMingeLord dropping dead of covid in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 96November 11, 2022 10:32 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 97November 11, 2022 10:36 AM

r96 Tbf, most of the people who keep getting this shit are double, triple, quadruple, and now even quintuple vaccinated.

[quote]I also dropped off the grid to stay under the radar and never left my house or property.

r96 That may be why you've never caught it. But even if you did catch it, there's a 99.8% chance that it'll be mild, anyway. I'm unvaccinated (and will remain so) and have yet to be reinfected (caught it in early 2020). And I've been repeatedly exposed to it. Still no reinfection. Meanwhile, vaccinated people aren't just catching COVID multiple times. They also seem to be catching everything else under the sun. It's like their immune systems have either been fucked up or are exhausted (that's actually a thing that can happen from over-vaccination, constantly being infected with pathogens, and more commonly over-use of antibiotics).

If the vaccinated and perpetually boosted end up in a position where their immune systems are over-stimulated and they keep getting sick, guess what they'll constantly need? Medicine. Guess who makes the medicine that they need? The same companies pumping out the vaccines. Why we trust an industry so blindly that literally profits the more sick people become is beyond me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98November 11, 2022 10:45 AM

^ Meant r91 in the second portion.

by Anonymousreply 99November 11, 2022 10:46 AM

R98 I've read that those who are vaxxed and get it and beat it have a lot more antibodies than those who have been infected without being vaxxed, or those who don't get it and are vaxxed. The best thing is probably to be vaxxed and then get a mild version. I expect the next time catching it to be milder than what I have now.

by Anonymousreply 100November 11, 2022 10:51 AM

[quote][R98] I've read that those who are vaxxed and get it and beat it have a lot more antibodies than those who have been infected without being vaxxed, or those who don't get it and are vaxxed.

That is correct r100. It's because not only have our immune systems built antibodies to all of the proteins of entire virus (as opposed to just the spike protein which is all you get from the vaccine), but we also have mucosal (IgA) antibodies that are positioned directly in our nasal passages. This means that there is a defense to the primary route of entry (the nose) of the virus which the vaccine alone does not provide. This is also why they've been researching a nasal spray vaccine to offer better protection.

That said, them ignoring natural immunity (which is what you get when you're infected with a pathogen and recover) in favor of the vaccines made no sense, was anti-science, and actually solidified my decision not to get vaccinated when I was initially on the fence. Infection-acquired immunity has always been as robust, if not more, than being vaccinated. This is an established science. So, consider yourself super protected, now.

by Anonymousreply 101November 11, 2022 10:57 AM

Oh, and to clarify r100. The protection of being unvaccinated with a previous infection and vaccinated with a previous infection is basically the same. The differences were found to be nearly equal in the amount of protection. Both groups, yes, were shown to be more protected than those who are vaccinated with no history of infection in the CDC's own study from months ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102November 11, 2022 11:01 AM

[quote]I expect the next time catching it to be milder than what I have now.

In a study published in Nature Medicine, researchers report that COVID-19 reinfections could be taking a toll on some important organ systems. That risk applies to both short-term and long-term health effects.

People who had more than one COVID-19 infection were three times more likely to be hospitalized and twice as likely to die than those who only had one infection. Those with multiple infections were also more vulnerable to other dangerous conditions; they were 3.5 times more likely to develop lung problems, 3 times more likely to have heart conditions, and 1.6 times more likely to have brain changes requiring care than people who had only had COVID-19 once.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103November 11, 2022 11:36 AM

Some people are naturally immune to COVID. It’s nothing to be smug about, and it’s certainly not a result of virtue or personal choices or anything else.

by Anonymousreply 104November 11, 2022 5:43 PM

Another possibility is that DGL has actually had COVID, but without any symptoms. I assume it’s anti-test in addition to being anti-mask and anti-vax.

by Anonymousreply 105November 11, 2022 5:48 PM

r103 The average age of those study participants was ~60. Many of them also had comorbidities such as type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and lung disease. They were also mostly male because the data was extrapolated from the VA (veterans affairs). The study authors even acknowledged these were limitations. But go on thinking their results are also applicable to 18-40 year olds with no comorbidities.

Then again, DL skews heavily 55+ and male, so I guess it doesn't hurt to let them know their risks (which do not apply to me at all).

by Anonymousreply 106November 11, 2022 6:16 PM

r104 Some coronaviruses that cause the common cold were found to provide some immunity to SARS-CoV-2 having shown cross-reactivity in memory T-cells. That may also explain why most people who caught it had mild or no symptoms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107November 11, 2022 6:21 PM

New cases in Germany November 10: 33,704 New cases in Germany October 10: 172,536

The autumn wave in Europe peaked and declined pretty quickly

by Anonymousreply 108November 11, 2022 6:32 PM

That’s great news, r108! Case numbers are falling in the UK too.

by Anonymousreply 109November 11, 2022 7:10 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 110November 11, 2022 7:20 PM

[quote]I also dropped off the grid to stay under the radar and never left my house or property.

But it must have been difficult to keep people away, given your magnetic personality.

by Anonymousreply 111November 11, 2022 10:05 PM

[quote]never left my house or property.

[quote][R105] no idiot. I was testing myself every week

If you never left your house why test all the time? and if you're so tuff why hide at home?

by Anonymousreply 112November 11, 2022 10:32 PM

Nobody cares

by Anonymousreply 113November 11, 2022 10:48 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 114November 11, 2022 10:50 PM

Nobody wearing masks except me at the doctors yesterday…except for the doctor. Nurse no mask. Patients no mask . Receptionist no mask. Medical assistant no mask. Yes, I quit smoking in 1986. How many times are they going to ask me that?

by Anonymousreply 115November 11, 2022 11:52 PM

[quote]Nobody wearing masks except me at the doctors yesterday…except for the doctor. Nurse no mask. Patients no mask . Receptionist no mask. Medical assistant no mask.

Maybe they know something that you haven't worked out yet.

by Anonymousreply 116November 12, 2022 5:45 AM

So, R116, was it also something the doctor didn't know?

by Anonymousreply 117November 12, 2022 5:47 AM

Maybe he wears it to make people feel comfortable. You'd have to ask him.

by Anonymousreply 118November 12, 2022 6:42 AM

R118, employers can no longer make employees wear masks. I'd take the doctor, you know, the one with the most medical education wearing a mask, as a sign instead of the receptionist not wearing one.

by Anonymousreply 119November 12, 2022 8:13 AM

With flu and respiratory syncytial virus, or RSV, also on the rise statewide, Los Angeles County officials are urging residents to take steps to protect themselves — including wearing masks and getting the updated COVID-19 booster and flu shots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120November 12, 2022 7:45 PM

I'm shocked - SHOCKED, I tell you -- that the rubes that fell for Trump's con fell for the fake covid cures grift:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121November 14, 2022 10:48 PM

On my third week now and I'm only slightly better. Still get headaches, dizziness and the cough is still there (not as bad as it used to be though). I think it will take a very long time before I recover completely.

by Anonymousreply 122November 15, 2022 1:23 PM

R108 That is not true at all. The peak of the covid wave is right now here in Norway. I got it by the end of October, which was early, right before the big wave.

by Anonymousreply 123November 15, 2022 2:18 PM

Op, I’m in the same boat. I’m 5x vaxed, first 4 with Moderna. I’ve worn a mask when shopping since the onset of the pandemic. On Friday I went out to lunch with mom & sister & window shopped for a couple hours, I didn’t have my mask on & was opening the door for them both. Last night I had a sore throat on the right side but chalked it up to allergies. This morning the soreness switched to the left side. So far it’s my only symptom.

My mother took a Covid test today because she’s coughing a bit, so I decided to take one too, only mine came back positive. I’m so surprised that I caught it after this long when I’ve been pretty careful. Of course the one time I let my guard down…

Still have my senses of taste & smell & am not coughing at all. Really, I only took the test on a whim, but I’m certainly glad I did. And previous to this I’d been thinking how I haven’t been sick in a while, & saw the SNL skit where people were trying to catch Covid to get out of work or personal responsibilities & thought, wow, I could use a few sick days to veg out, read, binge TV shows. Be careful what you wish for!

Hope you stay as well as possible.

by Anonymousreply 124November 15, 2022 4:30 PM

Sorry, OP and R124, hope you feel completely better soon.

Whoopi Goldberg won't be on The View this week because she has Covid for the second time.

by Anonymousreply 125November 15, 2022 7:54 PM

Feel better OP and R124

by Anonymousreply 126November 16, 2022 1:30 AM

R124 have your mom check again. Took me my 2nd home test to get a positive. Luckily I stayed home in between tests because I had a feeling it was COVID.

by Anonymousreply 127November 16, 2022 1:34 AM

I will tomorrow. She’s coughing a lot but she has had asthma triggered by cold, dry weather. Her fever was 98.9, mine just now is 101 but my sore throat is better at least.

Thank god for my 5 shots. My sister had Covid possibly 3x & after the 2nd bout had the myocarditis stuff (she’s kinda antivax & only had the first shot because her work mandated it).

by Anonymousreply 128November 16, 2022 4:38 AM

[quote]except when I was eating or drinking), but let my guard down at the baggage carousel; there was a huge scrum of people getting right in my face. I put my mask back on but I think the damage was done

I'd be just as suspicious of the recirculated air on that plane as the baggage area. Removing your mask to eat left you breathing stale air in an enclosed space.

I also finally have COVID. My dumbass at-risk roommate hasn't masked up at stores for a while, and he started hacking up his lung 3 days before my symptoms hit. He started an antiviral today. He's vaxxed but also 84 years old with 3 pre-existing conditions, so he's had some rough nights.

My symptoms are mild, by comparison- headache, runny nose, sore throat. I have been taking lysine and olive leaf, but I read that the first week can be mild while the second week is when the shit hits the fan, so I might call the advice nurse tomorrow to see if I can also get an antiviral.

by Anonymousreply 129November 16, 2022 5:10 AM

[quote]I appear to have it. I was so careful, dammit! And I got the booster the day before I had symptoms.

Are you sure it isn't just a response to the vaccine itself? I had quasi-COVID symptoms after all 3 of my shots, and the literature listed every symptom I had as normal side effects.

by Anonymousreply 130November 16, 2022 5:29 AM

[quote]My dumbass at-risk roommate hasn't masked up at stores for a while, and he started hacking up his lung 3 days before my symptoms hit. He started an antiviral today. He's vaxxed but also 84 years old with 3 pre-existing conditions,

Your roommate's 84?

by Anonymousreply 131November 16, 2022 7:13 AM

Yes, r131. I'm renting from him because I knew his wife before she died, and his sister wants someone else in the house with him. I'm no spring chicken myself, at 53.

by Anonymousreply 132November 16, 2022 7:22 AM

[Quote]I also finally have COVID. My dumbass at-risk roommate hasn't masked up at stores for a while, and he started hacking up his lung 3 days before my symptoms hit.

I got infected by a co-worker. She came to work with a fever (!) and covid symptoms. I was in a meeting with her, together with about 10 other people. She said she felt sick, had a fever, and was having muscle aches. She thought she was brewing on the flu. Turns out it was covid. She infected several people in that meeting, including me. We have been told to STAY HOME if we are experiencing covid symptoms, such as a fever. I am so pissed. I have avoided covid for almost three years. It took a colleague for me to get it.

[Quote]My mother took a Covid test today because she’s coughing a bit, so I decided to take one too, only mine came back positive. I’m so surprised that I caught it after this long when I’ve been pretty careful. Of course the one time I let my guard down…

I managed to infect both my mom and my dad, who are both in their 70s and really should avoid getting it since they are at risk for serious illness due to their age. We were traveling the day I started feeling sick. I had no idea it was covid. I never thought I'd get it since I've always been so careful. I started coughing so my mom suggested I'd take a test and it was positive. My mom took a test too as she started to get sick, and it was positive. My mom infected my dad who is also positive now. What's weird is my mom is almost completely recovered. My dad is also almost recovered. Me: on week three; 50 % sick leave, still get headaches and dizzy spells and I feel nauseous all the time. I am 35. The covid hit me much harder than both my parents.

by Anonymousreply 133November 16, 2022 8:29 AM

R130

No. I had a reaction to the booster the first time. I was expecting a reaction this time as well. I had the same issues and new ones and they lasted longer. I also tested positive for COVID soon after and a week and a half later. The vaccine didn't make me exhausted, congested, sneezy, and cause me to cough so much I couldn't talk.

by Anonymousreply 134November 16, 2022 5:12 PM

I'm pretty sure I caught COVID recently as well, did a home test which said negative, but then later realized it expired back in April and isn't a brand listed on the website about COVID tests that have extended expiration dates. I should have tested a second time. My boyfriend's co-worker has been out for 10 days with COVID at this point and we think he caught it from her. We're boosted thankfully but not with the bivalent booster.

by Anonymousreply 135November 16, 2022 5:19 PM

[quote]What's weird is my mom is almost completely recovered. My dad is also almost recovered.

My diabetic uncle breezed through his COVID experience, as did my overweight, diabetic mother. Mom surmised that all the meds they take to correct their conditions and their general lowered immune response modulated their inflammatory responses, while the rest of us can still fly into pathogen attack mode and have worse symptoms as a result.

by Anonymousreply 136November 16, 2022 5:21 PM

[quote]I'm pretty sure I caught COVID recently as well, did a home test which said negative

Sometimes, it depends on when you test. My asymptomatic uncle tested negative the first time, but the doctor said he should have waited a few more days and made him come back 2 days later. Bingo- a positive test, and his third test 5 days later was also positive. This pissed off my uncle, because he's a MAGA and was convinced that they needed him to come back so they could give him phony results. 😑 His wife was on a pressure mask in the COVID ward and that's why he'd been tested, but sure, they were conning him. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 137November 16, 2022 5:28 PM

[quote]I got infected by a co-worker. She came to work with a fever (!) and covid symptoms.

I pretty much let everything roll of my back, but I can't tell you how angry this would make me.

by Anonymousreply 138November 16, 2022 7:12 PM

Twat

by Anonymousreply 139November 16, 2022 9:21 PM

I’m 124 127, on day 3 & my fever is still around 103. I initially thought my mom didn’t have it but her fever is 101.5, also on day 3. And we’re each 5x vaxed!

by Anonymousreply 140November 17, 2022 3:54 AM

Keep us posted on your progress R140 and try to use the R, as I have done.

by Anonymousreply 141November 17, 2022 8:09 AM

[Quote]Your roommate's 84?

Just bros sharing a pad, dude.

by Anonymousreply 142November 17, 2022 8:22 AM

^ hawt!

by Anonymousreply 143November 17, 2022 8:34 AM

I don't know how old your mom and dad are, R140, but anybody over 60 should really take Paxlovid. You should consider it too. It not only knocks the virus out faster, it drastically cuts the odds of long covid.

I hope all three of you get better soon, without any complications.

by Anonymousreply 144November 17, 2022 11:31 AM

I hope everyone feels better.

Paxlovid really helped me. I know it gets a bad rep - but my symptoms were horrible and it made a huge difference. And I didn't get a rebound case.

by Anonymousreply 145November 17, 2022 3:20 PM

With Covid daily cases up 52% since the beginning of November, Los Angeles County Thursday returned to “strongly recommending” that people wear masks in all indoor public settings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146November 18, 2022 12:48 PM

4 weeks later and I'm "healthy". I'm back at work but I'm suffering from fatigue and dizzy spells. I was vacuuming today and got so dizzy I had to sit down :(

by Anonymousreply 147November 27, 2022 7:07 PM

[quote] Los Angeles County Thursday returned to “strongly recommending” that people wear masks in all indoor public settings.

I went home to LA for Thanksgiving and it's going around again. I feel like it starts in SF and then makes it's way down to LA. My young kids all had Covid for the 2nd or 3rd time, even though they go to an expensive private school that follows all the regulations, tested the kids constantly on campus, etc.

by Anonymousreply 148November 27, 2022 7:14 PM

^^^^My friends young kids^^^^

by Anonymousreply 149November 27, 2022 7:15 PM

the only negative remarks I've read about paxlovid is the strong, metallic taste the medication leaves behind.

I have not needed this medication. I don't have covid.

by Anonymousreply 150November 27, 2022 7:29 PM

The qualifications to be considered "high risk" for severe illness are so vast that there are very few who do not qualify for anti-viral treatments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151November 27, 2022 7:44 PM

You can find a "Test to Treat" location here if you suspect infection:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152November 27, 2022 7:45 PM

R136 I've heard the same theory. From everyone I've talked to and from all the stories I've heard it sounds like young people are hit harder than older people. I think it's because the immune system of young people work too well, so it goes into attack mode. Like I said: I know many people my age (I'm 35) who got very sick. Meanwhile my parents who are in their 70s basically breezed through it. I got covid around Halloween and I'm mostly recovered now, but not quite. I still get headaches and dizzy spells. If I talk I get dizzy, walking makes me dizzy, working out makes me dizzy. I was vacuuming on sunday and the entire monday was ruined for me. I had a terrible headache and was dizzy the entire day, from doing basic house work! I told my physician about it but she just said it's normal. It can take a long time before complete recovery. My doctor said it could even take a year.

by Anonymousreply 153December 2, 2022 4:24 PM

[quote]I've heard the same theory. From everyone I've talked to and from all the stories I've heard it sounds like young people are hit harder than older people.

Hospitalization and death rates would indicate otherwise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154December 2, 2022 4:30 PM

R154 Yes. I should say from those who don't get seriously ill or die, but those who get flu symptoms. Like... the milder version. Of those people younger people are longer sick and get sicker. I still have headaches and get dizzy. That's not the case for my parents.

by Anonymousreply 155December 2, 2022 4:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!