Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elon Musk Alleges Pelosi Was Drunk During Attack

Alleging that the Pelosi attacker, he could have tried to defend himself if Pelosi was drunk and attacking him

by Anonymousreply 517November 6, 2022 1:38 AM

Great. This is what we are in store for from Musk.

by Anonymousreply 1October 30, 2022 1:44 PM

He bought Twitter so he could say anything he wanted without repercussion. Wouldn’t it be funny if he gets exactly what he wants and loses his shirt with Twitter and then Tesla?

by Anonymousreply 2October 30, 2022 1:45 PM

Next, on when incels get sex.

by Anonymousreply 3October 30, 2022 1:45 PM

You're allowed to be drunk in your own home.

At least in America.

So what is muskys point?

I made the right choice to close my Twitter account.

by Anonymousreply 4October 30, 2022 1:49 PM

[quote] So what is muskys point?

While David DePape did break into the house, that maybe DePape was just defending himself if he was attacked by a drunk Pelosi

by Anonymousreply 5October 30, 2022 1:52 PM

Anybody Progressive/Democrat who stays on Twitter now that this asshole Musk has bought it is not a Progressive/Democrat.

Don't be a pussy and dump Twitter NOW!!!! You managed to survive before Twitter came along, you can do without now. Stop being such a fucking social media junkie.

by Anonymousreply 6October 30, 2022 1:56 PM

Two things can be true simultaneously.

Paul Pelosi was drunk.

Speaker Pelosi just missed being assassinated.

Also, r5. Your ingRISH is not good enough for trolling exercises.

by Anonymousreply 7October 30, 2022 1:56 PM

This is an 82 year old man. He is lucky to be alive. Are conspiracy theories and the N-word the best that Elon can do with his $44 billion investment?

by Anonymousreply 8October 30, 2022 2:01 PM

R7 its not in Spanish

by Anonymousreply 9October 30, 2022 2:03 PM

Not just drunk, but drunk and having taken the gay perpetrator home from a gay bar to have gay sex with him in gay San Francisco.

by Anonymousreply 10October 30, 2022 2:06 PM

Meh. P. P. is years old news to anyone in San Francisco. Hookup gone wrong. So long as he recovers completely and his violent hookup goes to jail,

NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 11October 30, 2022 2:08 PM

Musk is the perfect example of what happens when people of money and power have no guardrails.

by Anonymousreply 12October 30, 2022 2:13 PM

I’ll gladly admit that I was wrong about shenanigans being involved.

I’m not a Nancy fan, but I am appalled by this incident. Glad to hear that Paul is recovering well from this.

Now, will this be an isolated incident or should we be expecting more sickening deplorable behavior?

by Anonymousreply 13October 30, 2022 2:15 PM

Please don't listen to the screed at post 6.

Twitter is one of the biggest megaphones in the world right now. We cannot abandon it weeks before the biggest election of our lifetime and let the crackpots have free reign.

By all means be judicious about pushing back on the trolls but be very aware of what disinformation is being flung at the gullible. Know your enemy.

And, but pressure on advertisers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 30, 2022 2:16 PM

Are 82-year olds still bringing home tricks? Surely you're over it by that point.

by Anonymousreply 15October 30, 2022 2:16 PM

There is news reports now that a third person was in the house - as that person opened the door for the cops

by Anonymousreply 16October 30, 2022 2:16 PM

[quote]While David DePape did break into the house

Stop right there.

Is that not enough reason to attack the interloper?

by Anonymousreply 17October 30, 2022 2:17 PM

I would like the POTUS to have musky deported.

by Anonymousreply 18October 30, 2022 2:17 PM

Probably not a good idea to abandon Twitter right now -- our voices must be heard.

But for God's sake DO NOT buy a Tesla. Don't even ride in one if you can.

by Anonymousreply 19October 30, 2022 2:17 PM

He has told us who he is.

Be afraid.

by Anonymousreply 20October 30, 2022 2:18 PM

We’re badly in need of a Twitter alternative.

by Anonymousreply 21October 30, 2022 2:18 PM

Possibly not true, R18. The wording in that report is obtuse. It basically says the responding officer didn't know the person who opened the door but doesn't specifically say that person wasn't one of the two people involved in the story--just that the officer(s) didn't recognize them at the time.

by Anonymousreply 22October 30, 2022 2:19 PM

So what if he was drunk or not? He was in his own home.

by Anonymousreply 23October 30, 2022 2:19 PM

A BS thread so far. Did Musk really say that? Is there any evidence that this was a gay hookup gone wrong? DL is becoming as unleashed as the new Musk Twitter will become.

by Anonymousreply 24October 30, 2022 2:20 PM

[quote] So what if he was drunk or not? He was in his own home.

There is no impulse control when drunk, so maybe it was DePape that was attacked

That is what Conservatives are floating out there

[quote] Did Musk really say that?

He posted a story suggesting this

by Anonymousreply 25October 30, 2022 2:21 PM

It was a trick. Everyone in the Castro area knows Paul well.

by Anonymousreply 26October 30, 2022 2:23 PM

Ageist comment. r15 If I had his money and privacy I'd do it too. Most times it turns out fine and you make a new friend. Why not?

by Anonymousreply 27October 30, 2022 2:23 PM

Elon needs to block himself.

by Anonymousreply 28October 30, 2022 2:23 PM

This should be sent to the CMO/marketing department of every corporation that pays to advertize on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 29October 30, 2022 2:27 PM

Oh dear, myself, "advertise".

by Anonymousreply 30October 30, 2022 2:31 PM

[quote] This should be sent to the CMO/marketing department of every corporation that pays to advertize on Twitter.

"GM has temporarily suspended ads on Twitter after the Elon Musk takeover, as reported by CNBC."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 30, 2022 2:32 PM

[quote] the suspect in Pelosi break-in was carrying a bag with multiple zip ties. Along with calling out “Where is Nancy” also reminiscent of January 6 attack where rioters were seen with zip ties in the Senate Gallery ⁦⁦

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 30, 2022 2:34 PM

NOT gm!!!!!

Oh GOD not gm!!!!

by Anonymousreply 33October 30, 2022 2:35 PM

The attacker who invaded the Pelosi home and attacked Paul had zip ties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 30, 2022 2:35 PM

This doesn’t sound like a date:

The man who is alleged to have attacked Paul Pelosi, the husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, in the couple’s San Francisco home had with him a bag that contained multiple zip ties, among other things, according to a source who has been briefed on the incident.

by Anonymousreply 35October 30, 2022 2:36 PM

[quote] GM is ranked 22nd on the Fortune 500 rankings of the largest United States corporations by total revenue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 30, 2022 2:37 PM

Elon better watch OUT!

The advertisers will pull out! And THEN what will he DO?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 30, 2022 2:38 PM

I’m surprised the Pelosi’s don’t have some kind of home security. Hell, I would!

by Anonymousreply 38October 30, 2022 2:40 PM

We're doing just fine, R33. Thanks for your concern!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 30, 2022 2:41 PM

Since Ted Cruz figured out a way around the whole, pesky born in the United States requirement for being president, I wonder how long before we get

Cheeto 2: Electric Bugaloo, starring Elon Musk.

Then again, as big as his ego is, I think he probably knows he has more influence and power with less oversight and accountability not being president.

by Anonymousreply 40October 30, 2022 2:43 PM

Yes, r38, that is rather surprising, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 41October 30, 2022 2:43 PM

Elon is an idiot. This lunatic broke into a house and assaulted the man. Case closed. Drunk or sober, it’s criminal and wrong. I hate how everything is so polarized down party lines these days.

by Anonymousreply 42October 30, 2022 2:43 PM

r39

Sure thing, Honey.

by Anonymousreply 43October 30, 2022 2:44 PM

Of course Eon knows there's no obligation for companies to pay to advertise on Twitter.

He knows that, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 30, 2022 2:45 PM

If I make it to 82 I plan to be drunk frequently, and I will also be smoking again.

by Anonymousreply 45October 30, 2022 2:46 PM

[quote] Of course Eon knows there's no obligation for companies to pay to advertise on Twitter.

He knows, R44.

He just doesn't seem to care.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 30, 2022 2:47 PM

Professional accounts can't block, something to do with remaining transparent but you can mute an account and you won't see anything from the problematic account holder.

There was no reason for Musk to respond to Hillary Clintons tweet other than to troll.

Musk is a cunting troll.

by Anonymousreply 47October 30, 2022 2:47 PM

Whether he was drunk or not what difference does it make? Someone broke into his home and he did what he could to protect himself.

by Anonymousreply 48October 30, 2022 2:47 PM

It’s so sad that people would rather try and develop a conspiracy theory, rather than thinking about this man’s descent into anti-Jew, election denialism, etc. He posted videos from right-wing nut job Mike Lindell. Crazy alt-right extremist.

by Anonymousreply 49October 30, 2022 2:52 PM

Twitter represents only one third of muskys fortune. He can afford to lose it and he will.

by Anonymousreply 50October 30, 2022 2:53 PM

Musk is merely a Putin-licking, conspiracy-theory-spreading troll. He has all the gravitas of Joe Camel. He's an example of what happens when insecure egomaniacs get too much money and power (from the funds and opportunities provided by his adopted country and its hard-working taxpayers).

by Anonymousreply 51October 30, 2022 2:54 PM

Drunk = he deserved it Drunk and raped = she deserved it

by Anonymousreply 52October 30, 2022 2:54 PM

The bone saw group rolled over their share of investment from the previous owners to musky, they have always been there.

by Anonymousreply 53October 30, 2022 2:55 PM

I have many acquaintances, mostly 50+ and underemployed, who belong to the "We can't leave Twitter, it needs our voices now more than ever!" camp. As much as I admire their earnest optimism, they have no influence and are shouting into the void.

Spending all day engaging with Twitter by retweeting OccupyDemocrats videos and haranguing Ted Cruz is what Musk and his financial backers want you to do. Deactivating your account and spending your time at other sites is a more effective act of protest.

by Anonymousreply 54October 30, 2022 2:56 PM

EXACTLY right, r45.

Who among us would not be living our best life like P.P. does, if we had his money, security and privacy?

by Anonymousreply 55October 30, 2022 2:59 PM

I think Twitter is one of the worst things that has happened to humanity.

by Anonymousreply 56October 30, 2022 2:59 PM

I don't drink often, but when I do, I get hammered.

by Anonymousreply 57October 30, 2022 2:59 PM

R14's lips are so chapped right now, from kissing Musk's skank ass for so long.

Next up: R14 fellates Musk on live pay per view TV.

by Anonymousreply 58October 30, 2022 2:59 PM

It's kind of a toss up though with Facebook, er, I mean, Meta, R56.

by Anonymousreply 59October 30, 2022 3:00 PM

Twitter has been identified as a public square and its useful. If Twitter is the public square, musky is its town drunk making a nuisance of himself.

by Anonymousreply 60October 30, 2022 3:01 PM

I want to know who the uninvolved underwear clad "witness" who answered the door was.

I'll bet he was smoking hawt.

by Anonymousreply 61October 30, 2022 3:02 PM

True, r60. But Musk is also kind of like his own Chief Police Twit - approving, supporting, endorsing, or banning, moderating, like a mini-dictator in a huge mega info universe.

by Anonymousreply 62October 30, 2022 3:04 PM

Yes, and I'm a large company with a big advertising budget. I don't want my brand damaged by association with the town drunk and his obnoxious followers.

by Anonymousreply 63October 30, 2022 3:05 PM

Cambridge Anal Surprise purposely and successfully damaged public trust in our news sources. I didn't see all that mess go down during the 2016 election season because I never had an account on Facebook or Instagram.

I still don't and never will.

by Anonymousreply 64October 30, 2022 3:06 PM

Really R56? Worse than Facebook? Worse than FUX Noise?

At least The Twatter offers an opportunity for things like objective information from legitimate news organizations, critical alerts from weather and social service organizations and even desirable updates from all manner of performers.

Yes, a fuckton of bathwater is involved but there is still a baby or two n there as well.

by Anonymousreply 65October 30, 2022 3:06 PM

I've been a street cop here in Los Angeles for over twenty years and one of my LAPD buddies lateraled over to SF because he met a girl and married her and she was in her medical residency for anesthesiology and her family lives two houses down from pelosi's home. The. Media wants you to believe this was some random stranger break in but the suspect has been going in and out of that home over the last few months, also, there are a number of young men who frequent the pelosi home but only when Nancy is not there. This was a domestic violence call for service because it's troubling the cops didn't dump the guy when he had a weapon in his hand and was assaulting Paul....

- DM

by Anonymousreply 66October 30, 2022 3:07 PM

Since he's taking the company private, Musk can hide the financial decline at Twitter, at least for a time.

by Anonymousreply 67October 30, 2022 3:07 PM

How will aNYBODY get along without r63's company?

OMG.

by Anonymousreply 68October 30, 2022 3:10 PM

The other day I decided if I ever win the lottery, I will spend the money on establishing a secret group of ninja assassins whose sole purpose will be to take out billionaires.

by Anonymousreply 69October 30, 2022 3:12 PM

Musk is a troll. He's an adolescent in a grow man's body who has no understanding how destructive his actions are to the people he targets just for his own shit and giggles.

He's as vile on the inside as he is on the outside.

I do go on Twitter, but I hardly interact with anyone. I mostly look at art/photography and music stuff. There's a man who has a goat sanctuary and he tweets little videos. So Twitter isn't a lifeline for me, but I did sign up for Jack Dorsey's Bluesky. And hopefully it will crush Twitter and Musk's takeover will be a complete failure.

by Anonymousreply 70October 30, 2022 3:13 PM

A noble idea R69, but isn't it a bit...self defeating?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71October 30, 2022 3:15 PM

The attacker sounds delusional, like a lot of MAGA Republican supporters. If the MAGA Republicans don't condemn this attack, then this is what they're endorsing.

"The San Francisco Bay area man arrested in the attack on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband filled a blog a week before the incident with delusional thoughts, including that an invisible fairy attacked an acquaintance and sometimes appeared to him in the form of a bird, according to online writings under his name.

David DePape, 42, also published hundreds of blog posts in recent months sharing memes in support of fringe commentators and far-right personalities. Many of the posts were filled with screeds against Jews, Black people, Democrats, the media and transgender people."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72October 30, 2022 3:17 PM

Omg

by Anonymousreply 73October 30, 2022 3:18 PM

Facebook was useful during the downturn in the economy way back in 2008. Anecdotally, I observed active FB account holders were able to find jobs while those of us who choose not to use that platform, struggled a bit longer to secure employment. It makes sense when most people hire friends and family to use Facebook to stay employed.

Facebook has outgrown its usefulness and worst, has been implicated in the disruption of American elections. Facebook is still a source of harmful antivaccine and antimask disinformation.

Twitter was invaluable to me during the covid19 crisis. At the time, the US government was unable to provide accurate information about the virus. Reactivating my dormant Twitter account kept me informed. We still have problems with covid and our elections in America but I won't support Musk in any capacity. I closed a legacy account and made the right choice.

I don't use PayPal either although I had a great experience using it.

by Anonymousreply 74October 30, 2022 3:18 PM

A reply

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75October 30, 2022 3:20 PM

Look at the blooming alcoholic nose on that hippie! I thought all hippies avoided alcohol because pot is "so much better"

by Anonymousreply 76October 30, 2022 3:20 PM

Musk is a hero for todays modern internet user. There I said it.

by Anonymousreply 77October 30, 2022 3:20 PM

R74, Venmo is just as good as PayPal if not easier to use. Zelle is easy too..

by Anonymousreply 78October 30, 2022 3:21 PM

Why did you say, "it""

by Anonymousreply 79October 30, 2022 3:21 PM

Just block the fucker. He's gonna say what he's gonna say. He could say it with or without Twitter. I have him blocked already even before this, so fuck him.. I am not leaving Twitter . Yet. I think a lot of advertisers will though. GM already suspended their ads, because Musck owns Tesla. Dumb reason, but it will suffice.

by Anonymousreply 80October 30, 2022 3:21 PM

Here's some trolling from another car company.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81October 30, 2022 3:24 PM

But, since we’re on Datalounge the GAY GOSSIP site: can someone pls confirm whether Paul is gay or not?

Surely there must be people here who *know*

by Anonymousreply 82October 30, 2022 3:26 PM

Got to agree with Kimmel on this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83October 30, 2022 3:26 PM

I blocked Musk account too after he trolled the President.

You know who also trolled POTUS?

Jeff smeogal Bezos.

These trillionaires really don't want to pay a nickel more in taxes.

by Anonymousreply 84October 30, 2022 3:26 PM

Nice try R66. You want us to believe the guy with a plethora of Maga type screeds on social media is also a friend with benefits to the husband of the Speaker of the House and a lifelong Democrat. (Oh, and btw, came into the house by breaking a window in a door, carrying zip ties and a hammer in his bag, asking “Where’s Nancy”). Makes sense 🙃

by Anonymousreply 85October 30, 2022 3:26 PM

Citroen should abandon the platform altogether.

They won't, of course, because the world is mainly full of cowards.

by Anonymousreply 86October 30, 2022 3:27 PM

Pelosi alleges Musk was drunk when he bought Twitter.

Big deal.

by Anonymousreply 87October 30, 2022 3:28 PM

[quote] asking “Where’s Nancy”). Makes sense

Maybe he was promised a threesome and wondered where Nancy was?

by Anonymousreply 88October 30, 2022 3:29 PM

FWIW, here's a link to sign up for Bluesky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89October 30, 2022 3:29 PM

R61: I thought it was the alleged attacker David who’s in underwear

Now there’s another mysterious person in underwear opening the door?!

by Anonymousreply 90October 30, 2022 3:29 PM

[quote] If Twitter is the public square, musky is its town drunk making a nuisance of himself.

It's worse than that; if Twitter is the town square, he's the vandal who's also inviting in the KKK, the neo-Nazi marchers, and the street-corner whackos who keep shouting that the country is doomed if we don't suppress homosexuality and women's rights.

by Anonymousreply 91October 30, 2022 3:31 PM

Did Paul Pelosi and David DuPape meet at the Pedo Meeting in the basement of the pizzeria outside of Washington, R66?

by Anonymousreply 92October 30, 2022 3:31 PM

Everyone needs to stop talking about this because its obvious what really happened and talking about that will only bring up the fact that Nancy is not just tolerant in rhetoric, but she is also tolerant in Life, even down to her formerly straight turned PnP gay hubby.

Who cares, let's move ON

by Anonymousreply 93October 30, 2022 3:34 PM

"Musk AllegesPelosi Hammered When Hammered!"

by Anonymousreply 94October 30, 2022 3:35 PM

If R66 really is a cop he proves my point:I worked in local government for 20 years. I knew a lot of cops. Let me tell you. Cops are among the worst gossips in the world. They are paranoid, they spread rumors and conspiracy theories with abandon, and this was before social media and fake news.

by Anonymousreply 95October 30, 2022 3:37 PM

Musk seems to be of the belief that his wealth gives him license to make ridiculous comments like that.

by Anonymousreply 96October 30, 2022 3:38 PM

Spot on comment from Rick Wilson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97October 30, 2022 3:39 PM

Elon spreading disinformation about an assassination attempt on the Speaker of the House is really going to reel in those advertising dollars.

by Anonymousreply 98October 30, 2022 3:40 PM

[quote] is really going to reel in those advertising dollars.

He doesn't need ad dollars to fund Twitter

by Anonymousreply 99October 30, 2022 3:42 PM

[quote] They are paranoid, they spread rumors and conspiracy theories with abandon, and this was before social media and fake news.

I've worked in Paris, London, NY and LA and this is a perfect description of the offices in each of those. Done differently by each, but always , in the end, the same.

by Anonymousreply 100October 30, 2022 3:43 PM

R93

You inRISH bad.

Me no understand.

by Anonymousreply 101October 30, 2022 3:44 PM

R99 that will make Musk-Twitter as successful as TruthSocial and Parler. A most excellent return on that $44 billion investment.

by Anonymousreply 102October 30, 2022 3:47 PM

I won’t click on any Twitter links

Musk can go fuck himself.

Oh r66 is a cut and paste from somewhere else. Probably Gab or Parlor. ACAB

by Anonymousreply 103October 30, 2022 3:47 PM

[quote]Twitter is one of the biggest megaphones in the world right now. We cannot abandon it weeks before the biggest election of our lifetime and let the crackpots have free reign.

Twitter is insular. You’re not changing any hearts and minds on Twitter. It’s all just people shouting at each other and preaching to their followers. The best thing that could ever happen to humanity is For Twitter to fail and Musk to broke.

by Anonymousreply 104October 30, 2022 3:48 PM

Good. Let Musk sink like the Titanic.

by Anonymousreply 105October 30, 2022 3:48 PM

All maga platforms failed.

No exceptions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106October 30, 2022 3:48 PM

I really don't trust Twitter with my personal information anymore. So I'm going to head over to TikTok and use that platform from now on.

by Anonymousreply 107October 30, 2022 3:49 PM

Why did muskrat scrounge 44 BILLION dollars up to purchase "a failing platform" of insular screaming into the void bot accounts?

by Anonymousreply 108October 30, 2022 3:51 PM

TikTok is Chinese Spyware.

So, no.

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 109October 30, 2022 3:53 PM

I love it how Elon gets you all worked up like Trump did . Ha ha

by Anonymousreply 110October 30, 2022 3:54 PM

My prediction, Trump will be back on Twitter before election.

by Anonymousreply 111October 30, 2022 3:55 PM

R111 he’s back tomorrow!!!

by Anonymousreply 112October 30, 2022 3:57 PM

Why did this MAGA fascist nudist have a pride flag and BLM sign in his yard?

That story never made sense at all.

by Anonymousreply 113October 30, 2022 3:57 PM

R110 what do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 114October 30, 2022 3:57 PM

R109 missed the sarcasm in R107's comment.

by Anonymousreply 115October 30, 2022 4:00 PM

Musk purchased Twitter because he was annoyed a post he made was removed for violating Twitters then TOS.

No one censors the termite queen.

And sarcasm is hard to read in this format.

by Anonymousreply 116October 30, 2022 4:02 PM

[qiote] Let me tell you. Cops are among the worst gossips in the world. They are paranoid, they spread rumors and conspiracy theories with abandon,

Yes, because they are uneducated trash and this is how uneducated trash behaves.

by Anonymousreply 117October 30, 2022 4:03 PM

Trump won't go on twitter and those who delight yourselves in the idea he might will be very disappointed.

Focussing on Trump less than 2 weeks befor the midterms is stupid. Now is when you focus on "kitchen table".

No one, in actuality, cares about Trump. He's a distaction lit up every time the Dems don't want you thinking about how unbearable people's daily lives are becoming.

Rocketing prices and tax money going not to much-needed infrastructure but instead the future Republican voters pouring over the border? Hard pass, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 118October 30, 2022 4:04 PM

With Paul Pelosi's fortune, I'm sure he's able to afford a higher class of male prostitute than whatever that thing pictured at R72 is.

by Anonymousreply 119October 30, 2022 4:05 PM

Jimmy Kimmel weighs in, minutes after Musk’s tweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120October 30, 2022 4:06 PM

r19 There's a reason we call it "rough trade", dear.

And 'rough trade', done right, is one of the most delectable highs one can have.

by Anonymousreply 121October 30, 2022 4:07 PM

"Twitter is a failed platform of bots and woke green haired types"

Is this why you are fapping at the idea Trumps account on Twitter will be reinstated?

by Anonymousreply 122October 30, 2022 4:09 PM

18K (and counting) replies to the tweet so far. 84K likes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123October 30, 2022 4:09 PM

Fap, fap, fap away to the scent of musk from your termite queen, r123.

Hills, who is a professional and uses the Twitter account correctly, didn't even fucking respond to the termite.

by Anonymousreply 124October 30, 2022 4:12 PM

Testing DL [italics]formatting[italics/] testing

by Anonymousreply 125October 30, 2022 4:13 PM

This is on point and hilarious. I smell COOKIES

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126October 30, 2022 4:13 PM

Trying this [italic]shit[/italic] again

by Anonymousreply 127October 30, 2022 4:14 PM

^^^ missing the spaces between, R125

] "word" [

by Anonymousreply 128October 30, 2022 4:14 PM

[quote] Rocketing prices and tax money going not to much-needed infrastructure but instead the future Republican voters pouring over the border?

Nice try, troll; the "rocketing prices" haven't been rocketing for a few months now and the funds you're talking about are indeed going to infrastructure. As always, the economy is in better hands when Democrats are running things, rather than the Republicans who cut taxes on the superrich, siphon off funds for public works, and bring in cheap immigrant labor even while demagoguing immigration. Now you toddle along to Parler.

R124, I'm going to WW you every time you call Musk a termite queen.

by Anonymousreply 129October 30, 2022 4:17 PM

But was he drunk drunk??

by Anonymousreply 130October 30, 2022 4:18 PM

[QUOTE]Next up: R14 fellates Musk on live pay per view TV.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 131October 30, 2022 4:19 PM

Twitter is basically unusable since they changed it so you have to log in to view more than three comments on someone's page.

There were a handful of people whose pages I would visit, (mostly lawyers and reporters), but now it's impossible.

by Anonymousreply 132October 30, 2022 4:21 PM

The guy actually cracked Paul Pelosi’s skull with the hammer—that’s how close he was to being killed.

How can ANYONE make excuses for that??

by Anonymousreply 133October 30, 2022 4:22 PM

R66 is a made up post from Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 134October 30, 2022 4:22 PM

Its very,very,very dumb r134.

Maga is a waste of time and energy.

by Anonymousreply 135October 30, 2022 4:24 PM

[quote] According to Pathmatics, a firm that tracks digital spending, the 20 companies that spent the most on Twitter advertising since January 1 paid the platform an estimated $358 million combined. These companies include:

Home Box Office Inc. (HBO)

Mondelez International

Amazon

IBM

PepsiCo Inc.

Best Buy Co. Inc.

Apple Inc.

The Coca-Cola Company

Capital One Financial Corporation

Procter & Gamble

Unilever

Merck & Co. (Merck Sharp & Dohme MSD)

Disney

CenturyLink (Lumen Technologies Inc.)

Comcast Corporation

Meta Platforms Inc. (formerly Facebook Inc.)

Google

Verizon

Anheuser-Busch

CBS (CBS.com)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136October 30, 2022 4:24 PM

[quote] Nice try, troll; the "rocketing prices" haven't been rocketing for a few months now and the funds you're talking about are indeed going to infrastructure.

Re rocketing prices: Have they not?

Re Infrastructure: Really? "Nothing is wrong with infrstructure!" is what you're going with?

Ok.

by Anonymousreply 137October 30, 2022 4:24 PM

My friends in SF say Paul was well known for picking up rough trade. Paul liked to suck them off...Benevolent BJ style.

YES, there was a ton of security, the underwear man did not break in, the police did.

by Anonymousreply 138October 30, 2022 4:25 PM

Obviously, r138.

by Anonymousreply 139October 30, 2022 4:28 PM

R136, if any one of those companies pull their paid ads from Twitter, then the Republicans will just go on a "Big Corps are being Woke" campaigns.

by Anonymousreply 140October 30, 2022 4:29 PM

I hope I'm still attracting hot street dick when I'm 82.

by Anonymousreply 141October 30, 2022 4:31 PM

Twitter is useful to me because you can see previews for a guy’s OnlyFans before spending the money to subscribe.

by Anonymousreply 142October 30, 2022 4:32 PM

Oops, MAGA wasn’t meant to be there.

by Anonymousreply 143October 30, 2022 4:33 PM

If this really were a trick gone bad -- and it's not, that's just preposterous -- wealthy Paul Pelosi could afford much, much better than David DuPape.

by Anonymousreply 144October 30, 2022 4:34 PM

Your "friends" told you that R138?

Well then, that's all the proof I need!

by Anonymousreply 145October 30, 2022 4:35 PM

It's hilarious to me that Republicans think that hideous 42 year old attacker is a gay prostitute. If Pelosi were so inclined, I think he could do far better with his $100+ million fortune.

by Anonymousreply 146October 30, 2022 4:37 PM

[quote]If this really were a trick gone bad -- and it's not, that's just preposterous -- wealthy Paul Pelosi could afford much, much better than David DuPape.

But you don't know what his kinks are.

by Anonymousreply 147October 30, 2022 4:38 PM

*Snicker*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148October 30, 2022 4:38 PM

Richmond right wing radio host and despicable queen John Reid is running with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149October 30, 2022 4:39 PM

1. By week’s end, a sizable percentage of the GOP base will believe an absurd conspiracy theory positing that Paul Pelosi was assaulted by his leftist gay lover.

Allow me to explain.

2. Over decades, the right built a parallel media ecosystem featuring:

A) Numerous outlets that generate conspiracy theories B) Food-chain mechanisms for their distribution C) An audience that demands them D) Minimal internal guardrails E) Barriers against outside media.3. Police say the guy who broke into the Pelosi home and assaulted Paul Pelosi was targeting Speaker Nancy Pelosi. The assailant’s recent online footprint is a hodgepodge of recent right-wing conspiracy theories.

4. This is very bad for the right because those conspiracy theories are either trumpeted or excused at the highest levels of the right-wing media and GOP. They needed to come up with something else, fast.

5. The right’s conspiracy theorists went to work. They operate by putting existing facts – particularly ones from early in a story, when initial reports are often wrong – in new dubious contexts through wild logical jumps. In this case, they draw on two pieces of info.

6. A) An initial, subsequently retracted local news report that the assailant was in his underwear when police arrived.

7. And B) Pelosi was able to trick the invader, call 911 from the bathroom, and, while speaking to the dispatcher “in code” to avoid suspicion, the dispatcher said he referred to the home invader at one point in that call as a “friend.”

8. The right’s conspiracy theorists put those two pieces together, threw in some wild and baseless speculation, and came up with the theory that Pelosi was the victim of a gay lover’s quarrel.

9. That filtered up through low-level RW influencers to… the owner of this site, who is celebrated on the right and has now blasted to everywhere.

10. The site Musk pushed out is not remotely credible, but it reaches a conclusion that is extremely convenient for the right, and that's good enough.

11.Meanwhile, the right has come up with nonsensical explanations for why the assailant’s internet footprint was a forgery and he’s actually a leftist. They cannot accept the reality without taking on responsibility. So they find an alternate explanation.

12. The right-wing press has spent decades building a huge audience for these sorts of convenient conspiracy theories. And their regular denunciations of the mainstream press built a bubble to keep out reality – only the right’s commentators can be trusted.

13. As for those trusted commentators – there are no powerful actors within that bubble who knock down those conspiracy theories. That’s how you end up with Fox hosts pushing QAnon talking points and scoffing at its extremism.

14. So what happens next? I’d expect to see GOP lawmakers and prominent Fox hosts at least winking at the Pelosi conspiracy theory. Someone like Marjorie Taylor Greene or Tucker Carlson might even go all-in, probably with a “why don’t they want us asking questions” frame.

15. Credible news outlets will point out that this is all nonsense. But thanks to the right-wing media bubble, their facts won’t make it to the people inclined to believe it. And so this will become the explanation for the Pelosi attack for a sizable chunk of the GOP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150October 30, 2022 4:40 PM

Musk quoted a fake newspaper known for making up stories, like one that claimed Hillary Clinton had died and a fake stand-in debated Trump.

It’s the typical right wing made up spin when the real story, a right wing but tries to kill Pelosi, is inconvenient

by Anonymousreply 151October 30, 2022 4:41 PM

So the trick smashed the door to get into the house of the drunk Pelosi who is responsible therefore for his hammer smashed head? God this thread, Musk, Twitter and the GOP are fucking sick. The worst of human impulses on display in 2022.

by Anonymousreply 152October 30, 2022 4:41 PM

It’s obviously Antifa because no right winger would do something so terrible…

by Anonymousreply 153October 30, 2022 4:42 PM

No mention of Pelosi saga in The Times. This is the paper that readers are constantly criticizing for reporting on trivia (Markle, etc) and oddly, no mention of 3rd highest ranking official's husband in U.S. assault.

by Anonymousreply 154October 30, 2022 4:42 PM

The police witnessed the attack.

[quote] Officers arrived at the Pacific Heights home after being alerted by Mr Pelosi of the intruder breaking in at 2.27 am on Friday October 28. On arrival at the San Francisco home they saw the incident had escalated with the intruder and Mr Pelosi grappling for a hammer.

[quote] As officers crossed the room, the attacker allegedly wrestled the weapon off the 82-year-old victim and struck him over the head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155October 30, 2022 4:50 PM

Bless your heart, r66, you're new at trolling, aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 156October 30, 2022 4:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157October 30, 2022 4:56 PM

Troll harder, r154...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158October 30, 2022 5:10 PM

It's nauseating how an 82 year old man getting his skull fractured is given short shrift in the qanon version of the story. I was better off not knowing a large percent of Americans were monsters.

Musk is doing a Kanye. We SEE you.

by Anonymousreply 159October 30, 2022 5:15 PM

Democracy cannot survive the forces that have been unleashed by social media.

And yet, we cannot extinguish social media and remain a democracy.

We are fucked.

by Anonymousreply 160October 30, 2022 5:31 PM

If Paul Pelosi was drunk, wearing a furry costume, and the alleged 3rd person was in Zookeepers cargo shorts, so fucking what?

He called 911 to report an intruder; an intruder that displayed all the behavior of wanting to inflict bodily harm and repeated the infamous January 6th "Where's Nancy?" threat.

The USA is done. Over. It's not even living on the camel's hump of water.

by Anonymousreply 161October 30, 2022 5:36 PM

R70- Trump is an adolescent in a GROWN MAN'S body.

by Anonymousreply 162October 30, 2022 5:46 PM

[quote]Trump is an adolescent in a GROWN MAN'S body.

Trump is an adolescent in a GROWN SLUG'S body.

by Anonymousreply 163October 30, 2022 5:47 PM

[quote] "Where's Nancy?"

Again Conservatives are saying DePape asked that because he expected a threesome

by Anonymousreply 164October 30, 2022 5:49 PM

r164

by Anonymousreply 165October 30, 2022 5:51 PM

What r160 said over and over.

I'm so glad I didn't have children.

I feel fortunate that I've lived a fascinating (to me) life and that, barring sudden fatal accident or illness I've only got a few decades left.

by Anonymousreply 166October 30, 2022 5:51 PM

[quote] Trump is an adolescent in a GROWN MAN'S body.

We really need to discuss what constitutes a "man"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167October 30, 2022 5:51 PM

So fucking what you asshole Troll at r164.

by Anonymousreply 168October 30, 2022 5:52 PM

R150 blew me away. Shocked me

by Anonymousreply 169October 30, 2022 5:53 PM

And, in those pix at r167, notice that among his yacht mates are Ari Emanuel of "Liberal Hollywood" and brother to one of the men Repugs love to hate- Rahm Emanuel.

EVERYBODY is being trolled by the wealthy and powerful.

by Anonymousreply 170October 30, 2022 5:54 PM

Good thing the guy had that hammer to defend himself.

by Anonymousreply 171October 30, 2022 6:04 PM

From R150

[quote] 14. So what happens next? I’d expect to see GOP lawmakers and prominent Fox hosts at least winking at the Pelosi conspiracy theory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172October 30, 2022 6:05 PM

Why did musk link an unvetted source in response to Hillary Clintons tweet?

by Anonymousreply 173October 30, 2022 6:05 PM

I guess those zip ties the guy brought were for their sex play.

by Anonymousreply 174October 30, 2022 6:08 PM

[quote]Trump won't go on twitter and those who delight yourselves in the idea he might will be very disappointed.

Chris Christie said this morning that Trump won't go back on Twitter because he can't make money on it, he wants to monetize his words and opinions, hence Truth Social. Though that's not working out well, so there will be something else to replace it.

by Anonymousreply 175October 30, 2022 6:14 PM

To what end, r170?

by Anonymousreply 176October 30, 2022 6:15 PM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, r176

by Anonymousreply 177October 30, 2022 6:17 PM

Hmmmm....

Has it been deleted?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178October 30, 2022 6:17 PM

Musk can DELETE HIMSELF.

why link an unvetted source?

by Anonymousreply 179October 30, 2022 6:21 PM

I think it's great the Michelin Man can take time out for a yachting trip once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 180October 30, 2022 6:44 PM

OH SHIT! I thought that ^^^ was the Pillsbury Dough Boy!

Color me embarrassed!

by Anonymousreply 181October 30, 2022 6:52 PM

Brietbart isn't a reliable source of information

by Anonymousreply 182October 30, 2022 6:58 PM

Conversely, NBC News is a reliable source of information

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183October 30, 2022 7:24 PM

Police are conducting an investigation and are in NO obligation to hand over evidence to be dissected by the public before the investigation concludes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184October 30, 2022 7:28 PM

Posted at midnight and "woke" by noon...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185October 30, 2022 7:53 PM

No wonder Elon has become a crazed conservative. He actually believes the fake news the right churns out

by Anonymousreply 186October 30, 2022 8:08 PM

Such strange people loitering on Twitter waiting for Trumps account ban to be lifted.

Trump has an account. On his own platform. You can read his thoughts and beliefs on his own platform right now. No waiting.

"leftist platform".

by Anonymousreply 187October 30, 2022 8:09 PM

[quote]Such strange people loitering on Twitter

What else is there to do there?

by Anonymousreply 188October 30, 2022 8:15 PM

R187 Because it's about 'owning the libs'. It's no fun if you're in an echo chamber.

by Anonymousreply 189October 30, 2022 8:16 PM

The sad truth is they can't "own the libs" because they are all uneducated morons who believe in fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 190October 30, 2022 8:22 PM

R188. Read the original exchange.

Hillary Clifton posted a comment on the platform to express solidarity with her colleagues, Paul and Speaker Pelosi and warn everyone of right-wing extremists, again.

Musk, a trillionaire, chose to troll Clinton by linking an unvetted website that has now gone dark.

Clintons post is still there but Musk, who owns that platform was forced to remove his tweet.

Twitter is a successful platform used to directly engage with an audience.

Parler, Gab and the others are flops.

For a reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191October 30, 2022 8:35 PM

I don't know what the hell Musk was thinking w ith that Tweet. Isn't he suppsoed to be some genius businessman. Way to lose advertisers.

The guy who attacked Pelosi has severe mental health issues. Right now he's involved with right wing QAnon conspiracies, previously his orientation was left wing. He reminds me of Ashli Babbitt who voted for Obama and then swung to Trump and dies on Jan.6 at the storming of the capitol.

Both these people have severe mental health issues but because their illness manifested on focusing and actingt out in political ways, that's what will be highlighted by the press in a close election year. These people remind me more of teh mentaly l ill who attack people in the subway. Mental illness treatment is horrendous in this country because we stopped institutionalizing people and rely solely on pharmaceuticals.

by Anonymousreply 192October 30, 2022 8:35 PM

Swing voters are the dumbest and most low information in my experience....

by Anonymousreply 193October 30, 2022 8:39 PM

BACK THE BLUE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194October 30, 2022 8:54 PM

So thus far, it’s Elon 0, Hillary 1.

I think everyone should quit Twitter. Why would you support a company that spreads misinformation?

by Anonymousreply 195October 30, 2022 8:56 PM

I'M SHOCKED!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196October 30, 2022 8:58 PM

If everyone quits, R195, who is going to debunk the misinformation? it sure as fuck won't go away by itself.

Was it Mark Twain who said that "a lie travels halfway around the world before the truth gets it's shoes on"?

In this case the outrage shut Musk down in about 12 hours but not before millions were exposed to it. We can't quit now. We. Just. Can't.

by Anonymousreply 197October 30, 2022 9:01 PM

But aren’t you participating in the madness? It’s like swimming in an infested pool. It will never get better.

I also think people are addicted to it and thus rationalize it’s importance.

by Anonymousreply 198October 30, 2022 9:07 PM

I've said this on the Datalounge before and I'll say it again:

My uncle had an infection on his leg and he decided to just ignore it until it went away. Which it did...

...when they had to amputate his leg...

by Anonymousreply 199October 30, 2022 9:10 PM

R198 wins.

R197 sounds like one of the junkies laying on the sidewalk, under the EL, on Frankford Avenue in Philly.

by Anonymousreply 200October 30, 2022 9:11 PM

Musk is so woefully unattractive, but he’s no dummy. Did he use his own funds to buy Twitter? Most businesspeople will tell you that they spend other peoples money when they buy shit.

He is so repulsive looking though. And they say that he has killer halitosis. So does Sir Richard Branson. Must be something to that.

by Anonymousreply 201October 30, 2022 10:45 PM

[quote] Just how bad is Musk's cash position? It's impossible to say. But the Tesla chief, who's selling both of his homes in California, has said before that his "cash position is very limited." When he was getting a divorce several years ago, he said he "ran out of cash entirely," according to court documents.

[quote] Like most things Musk does, there's a lesson to be learned here for other business owners. For one, consider stock options, stock classes, and maintaining control. Second, remember: for all-things-business, cash is still king. And while debt has its place, it can be dangerous, even for billionaires.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202October 30, 2022 10:51 PM

Who are they and where did you read this ? ☝🏼🐀

by Anonymousreply 203October 30, 2022 10:51 PM

“He is so repulsive looking though. And they say that he has killer halitosis. So does Sir Richard Branson. Must be something to that.”

And source please

by Anonymousreply 204October 30, 2022 10:53 PM

Who needs a source, r204? Many people are saying that.

by Anonymousreply 205October 30, 2022 11:04 PM

In the name of free speech, we should end every tweet with the hashtag #ElonMuskIsAHairlessInbred

by Anonymousreply 206October 30, 2022 11:32 PM

R205, liar 🤥 jealous queen

by Anonymousreply 207October 30, 2022 11:50 PM

I doubt Elon would approve of this . Fuck this cruel troll Report !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208October 30, 2022 11:56 PM

Violence against Biden ☝🏼

by Anonymousreply 209October 30, 2022 11:56 PM

Pelosi should sue him for defamation.

by Anonymousreply 210October 30, 2022 11:59 PM

He's Back

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211October 31, 2022 12:11 AM

Not that it matters, but it seems like it’s time to admit that Amber Heard made the right call when she was just not interested in Musk.

I thought she was just extraordinarily bad at digging gold and judging character. Maybe she did have some judgment after all.

by Anonymousreply 212October 31, 2022 12:17 AM

Is he denying that he posted and then took down a link? Freak

by Anonymousreply 213October 31, 2022 12:21 AM

It’s his mind game to bring more attention to the same false story.

by Anonymousreply 214October 31, 2022 12:24 AM

R211, already at 76,000 likes

by Anonymousreply 215October 31, 2022 12:25 AM

I did it. Deactivated my Twitter account. I have no illusions that one person can make a difference, but the less traffic there. the better. It’s a terrible platform for communication anyway. It’s only for top-down communication, and I don’t care what 99.9 percent of the people on Twitter post.

by Anonymousreply 216October 31, 2022 12:30 AM

Since he's been campaigning all over the country I'm really concerned for Obama's safety. Pray his SS is on the ball.

by Anonymousreply 217October 31, 2022 12:31 AM

The NYT is fake news? And the website the "Santa Monica Observer", which is now dark is his source for the original tweet. Musk is a trouble maker. Destructive.

by Anonymousreply 218October 31, 2022 12:31 AM

Wonder when/if Musk's hiring of very young models for "private dinner parties" in LA will become an issue for him. Maybe enough of an issue for the government to seize his assets and deport his ugly ass back to South Africa.

by Anonymousreply 219October 31, 2022 12:45 AM

Liar 🤥 @219

by Anonymousreply 220October 31, 2022 12:50 AM

R219, please forward a link from the Santa Monica Observer to confirm this.

😂

by Anonymousreply 221October 31, 2022 12:53 AM

[quote] The NYT is fake news? And the website the "Santa Monica Observer", which is now dark is his source for the original tweet. Musk is a trouble maker. Destructive.

Exactly.

Like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222October 31, 2022 1:00 AM

Kari Lake is scum

by Anonymousreply 223October 31, 2022 2:54 AM

The whole thing looked staged. The attacker was a leftist. And it happened right before the election.

by Anonymousreply 224October 31, 2022 2:59 AM

top national security prosecutor has joined the team investigating Trump's Mar-a-Lago documents, indicating the probe is heating up, WaPo reports

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225October 31, 2022 3:08 AM

The thirty minutes that Christine Priola of Willoughby spent inside the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6 riot will cost the former Cleveland schools occupational therapist 15 months in prison, a federal judge ruled on Friday.

“This was nothing but an attempt to overthrow the government ... by people who were upset their guy lost,” said United States District Court for the District of Columbia Judge Tanya Chutkan, who said protestors at the riot were “loyal to one man,” not the country at large. “There is no mob without members of the mob.”

Priola, 50, pleaded guilty in July to charges of obstruction of an official proceeding.

She also agreed to pay $2,000 in restitution to the Architect of the Capitol for her share of the approximately $1.5 million in damages caused by the riot.

She is among at least 53 Ohioans charged for their roles in a riot meant to stop Congress from counting Electoral College votes that would certify Joe Biden’s 2020 presidential election victory, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226October 31, 2022 3:16 AM

Oh for chrissakes, r224, *that*s the level of trolling you bring to DL? Really?

by Anonymousreply 227October 31, 2022 3:32 AM

R224

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228October 31, 2022 3:46 AM

Column: Elon Musk takes Twitter exactly where we thought he would: Into the sewer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229October 31, 2022 3:51 AM

For anyone who wondered what the world’s richest man had in mind for one of the world’s most powerful social media platforms, the answer came around 5 a.m. when Musk tweeted out a link to a vicious and false conspiracy theory to his 112 million followers on his new toy, Twitter.

I’m not going to repeat that ugly, anti-LGBTQ garbage here, but suffice it to say it’s a tidily packed bit of refuse about the hammer attack on Paul Pelosi, who is married to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-San Francisco). It brings together multiple storylines of hate and conspiracy, all part of the far-right attempt to topple a democracy that I personally am fond of.

And of course, it involves the frantic fear of sexuality that has come to define the Republican Party.

By the way, that counterfeit moral panic about whom we love and how we identify has long been used by fascists and white supremacists to rally the masses. So let’s not pretend this is just a rich dude’s opinion. There’s more to the story, as Mr. Musk claims — it’s just not the story he’s talking about.

Musk, who tried to cover himself by saying the theory was a “tiny possibility,” has since deleted his post. Still, it is being reposted all over social media platforms and channels — QAnon ones, Nazi ones, ones espousing a violent civil war. But those echo chambers are less important than what just happened on Twitter, with its ability to spread falsehoods worldwide in seconds.

An unmoderated Twitter may be the tipping point of democracy if we don’t do something quickly. Within 24 hours of Musk taking over the site, the use of the N-word increased 500%, according to the Network Contagion Research Institute — though Musk claims its moderation policies have not yet changed. Hate has found its home, in the middle of our public square.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230October 31, 2022 3:53 AM

After I wrote about it on Saturday, a reader named Steve (he gave me his last name, but I’m not printing it) emailed me with the subject line, “I hope the man who did this is doing well.”

Steve continued, “I only wish that Pelosi was there on the other end of that hammer!”

Steve wasn’t the only person in favor of killing our politicians, and Musk wasn’t the only prominent person to dive headlong into the sewer of hate.

The memes and so-called witticisms were nearly unavoidable, many beginning with some variation of “It may be too soon, but ...” as if the attempted assassination of the most powerful female politician in America was one big joke.

Arizona Republican lawmaker Wendy Rogers tweeted a “Halloween costume” of a headband with a hammer poised to hit the wearer’s head.

Former California gubernatorial candidate Larry Elder, the “sage from South Central,” as he bills himself, wrote: “Too, soon? Poor, Paul Pelosi. First, he’s busted for DUI, and then gets attacked in his home. Hammered twice in six months.”

The story that Musk retweeted also came from close to home: the Santa Monica Observer, owned by one-time City Council candidate David Ganezer. The editorial board of this paper has called out that publication for “publishing false news,” including that Hillary Clinton had died and that a body double had taken her place in a debate with Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 231October 31, 2022 4:03 AM

Elon not having what NYT is serving

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232October 31, 2022 4:09 AM

We've discussed this already. Musk thinks he's being kkkute.

by Anonymousreply 233October 31, 2022 4:11 AM

[quote]If everyone quits, [R195], who is going to debunk the misinformation? it sure as fuck won't go away by itself.

r198 is absolutely correct. If you’re still on Twitter it’s because you want to be. Who exactly do you think is paying attention to debunking? MAGAts? Nope. News flash…they either know it’s not true and they just don’t care or they’re QAnon and are too far down the rabbit hole. Musk? Nope. He thinks it’s a joke. Just look at his tweet about the NYTs after he was debunked today. Everyone else on political twitter is the choir.

Meanwhile, you’re just letting Musk monetize your eyeballs while he turns Twitter into an even bigger sewer…and one day he’ll pull a Facebook and will realize that you’re really valuable and he’ll sell your information to something like a Cambridge Analytica. But sure…keep thinking the way to salvation is through your tweets while he makes money off you.

by Anonymousreply 234October 31, 2022 4:32 AM

He's gonna charge you to tweet and sell your fucking data

Double dipping shitbag

by Anonymousreply 235October 31, 2022 4:44 AM

Technically Cantidge Analytica didn't buy Facebook's data on 50 million accounts, they pulled it via Facebook's too-pernissive API after CA got an initial seed amount of ~270k people opting-in to share data with an unrelated app put out by them, then used it for nefarious purposes.

by Anonymousreply 236October 31, 2022 5:03 AM

[quote] Elon not having what NYT is serving

He’s not wrong about that one.

by Anonymousreply 237October 31, 2022 5:05 AM

R237 Yes, he is wrong about that. The NYT has high standards for journalism. Their reporters have to confirm what they report with multiple sources if possible and they have fact checkers. WHOLE different world to what the 'Santa Monica Observer' does. You are dead wrong if you don't think there are different levels of quality in journalism.

by Anonymousreply 238October 31, 2022 5:10 AM

R237 he's attacking the NYT from a right wing viewpoint that the NYT, which is center-right on average, is actually a tool of the far left. Considering how hard the NYT has been working to make the upcoming elections look dismal for Dems I would say this analysis is incorrect. Similar to the right wing view of CNN, which is also center-right (and now even moreso).

by Anonymousreply 239October 31, 2022 5:13 AM

R14. Sorry, but the only reason it's such a big megaphone is because people keep turning up to listen.

It's not like Twitter is being broadcast directly into people's eyeballs. Just up and leave. Find somewhere else to rally. If the stadium's half-empty, does the show really matter? (Ask Trump and Tulsa)

People did other ways of political rallying for decades before Twitter came along. All staying on Twitter is doing is giving them an audience.

by Anonymousreply 240October 31, 2022 5:50 AM

Maybe there was gay sex and drug involved? It seems to be ridiculous that a loony tune could get into Paul Pelosi house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241October 31, 2022 6:04 AM

R241 No. Depape had zip ties and duct tape with him when he broke into the San Francisco home looking for Nancy. Depape also penned an anti-government manifesto hours before shocking incident. This is what POLICE say happened.

People who think it ridiculous that he broke in are not thinking this through either. Paul Pelosi is in his 80s and this has never happened to him before. It's extremely rare. Nancy is the public figure with the security and she wasn't there.

Please just stop. The 'gay and drugs' thing is a lie and a homophobic attack by right-wingers.

by Anonymousreply 242October 31, 2022 6:13 AM

I still don’t understand why the perp didn’t bring any firearms to the crime scene for the assassination attempt

I thought MAGA fanatics are all about guns and 2nd Amendment

This to me is the biggest question, never mind about the bit of him being found in underwear, or how did he get past the presumably high tech security system in the Pelosi mansion

by Anonymousreply 243October 31, 2022 7:27 AM

R243 DePape took a hammer. He wanted to make Pelosi suffer. Shooting her (or Paul) would be too quick and even kind.

Please stop with the assuming that everyone has super high tech security and bodyguards too. Do you personally have that? If someone knocked on your door would you open it to see what they wanted? There was no reason for Paul to have super high security. He is not a public figure. He is in his 80s and this had never happened before. It's not normal: it's very rare.

by Anonymousreply 244October 31, 2022 7:32 AM

[quote] Please stop with the assuming that everyone has super high tech security and bodyguards too.

Nancy is the THIRD in Command, after Biden and Kamala

It would be downright *idiotic* to not assume that her mansion has the best security system money can buy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245October 31, 2022 7:59 AM

R245 Security was with Nancy. Paul had no reason to think that he needed super high security. You are just blaming the victim. Likely because you don't want to believe that it could happen to you.

by Anonymousreply 246October 31, 2022 8:04 AM

R246: I was referring to Nancy’s HOME Mansion, of course it will have state-of-the-art security system, as in HARDWARE

Are you usually this dense? Or just so on a Monday?

by Anonymousreply 247October 31, 2022 8:08 AM

This "gay lovers quarrel" angle is really something. The notion that an 82-year-old would be out on the prowl at night, luring young guys home while mummy is working...

by Anonymousreply 248October 31, 2022 8:15 AM

Kill Musk, Kill OP. Stop this shit now.

by Anonymousreply 249October 31, 2022 8:18 AM

R247. What sort of hardware were you thinking?

A turret hidden within the porch?

by Anonymousreply 250October 31, 2022 9:17 AM

R172 Pelosi should show his long form medical records to prove that it was him that was attacked!

by Anonymousreply 251October 31, 2022 11:51 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252October 31, 2022 12:18 PM

Musk's tweet at R232 is on the same level of right-wing "humor" as his tweet to Medvedev, “By the way, how are you doing in Bakhmut?”

Remember, this is the guy who a few years ago accused a rescue worker (on twitter) of being a child molester because he was mad they wouldn't use his half-assed rescue contraption. Something is wrong with him.

by Anonymousreply 253October 31, 2022 12:20 PM

R250: why, a genuine artisanal medieval hand-operated draw bridge, surrounded by lively swirling waters, at the very least

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254October 31, 2022 3:16 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255October 31, 2022 3:28 PM

Found on another thread

[quote] "The dispatcher was relaying that DePape — not Paul Pelosi — had “advised that his name is David and that he is a friend.”

[quote]San Francisco District Attorney Brooke Jenkins held a brief news conference Sunday to “clear up distortions” that have emerged on social media in the wake of the violent attack on Paul Pelosi.

So David the perp apparently got to speak with the dispatcher and explained his relationship with Paul

This story is getting more and more bizarre

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256October 31, 2022 3:46 PM

r241 in the *A serious question: Why are some gay men attracted to fems?* thread:

[quote]I like femboy or men dressed in lingerie because it is humiliating to do so. It is a great turn on to watch someone being humiliated (feminized and fucked by a man) while enjoying it. I sometimes ask my hookups to dress in pink underwear. Some of them let me.

by Anonymousreply 257October 31, 2022 3:54 PM

R256, what's bizarre? Evidently the invader demanded to get on the phone and claimed to the dispatcher that he was a friend and not an home invader (nice try).

by Anonymousreply 258October 31, 2022 3:56 PM

9 kids? He's the white Nick Cannon.

by Anonymousreply 259October 31, 2022 3:59 PM

[quote]So David the perp apparently got to speak with the dispatcher and explained his relationship with Paul

Did you think he would tell the dispatcher that he’s there to kill / kidnap someone?

by Anonymousreply 260October 31, 2022 4:01 PM

There is nothing odd about the crazy home invader getting on the phone. He was trying to keep the cops away and thought if he said "oh, I'm a friend" they'd buy it and not dispatch a car. Dahmer did the same thing when cops brought one of his victims back after escaping. Said "oh, he's my bf and just drunk and we got into a fight".

The people claiming "oh, how bizarre" are either stupid or badly trolling.

by Anonymousreply 261October 31, 2022 4:04 PM

[quote]The people claiming "oh, how bizarre" are either stupid or badly trolling.

If you'll notice, r261, the troll farm hasn't been sending out their best and brightest.

by Anonymousreply 262October 31, 2022 4:07 PM

If it weren’t for the politics, DL would be all over the attack story dissecting it and espousing theories, like it has for so many other true crime stories.

by Anonymousreply 263October 31, 2022 4:10 PM

I bought 10 pounds of 90% lean chop meat at Costco for nearly $40. Pre pandemic it was going for about $18. Chicken that would normally go for $12 to $14 is now $20. The only meat that seemed affordable was pork. Even eggs were ridiculously priced.

by Anonymousreply 264October 31, 2022 4:13 PM

Well that's out of left field R264.

by Anonymousreply 265October 31, 2022 4:14 PM

R264, I understand your point.

by Anonymousreply 266October 31, 2022 4:17 PM

Weird…I was in a different thread when I made that comment. Have no idea why it posted here. DL,has been wonky of late.

by Anonymousreply 267October 31, 2022 4:17 PM

It's happened to me too R267. It is weird. I thought perhaps I was accidentally hitting a particular key while typing but I'm not sure.

by Anonymousreply 268October 31, 2022 4:19 PM

Elon is gross, there's no telling what sleazy shit that pasty doughboy has done.

by Anonymousreply 269October 31, 2022 4:21 PM

How pathetic do you have to be when even owning several billion dollars isn't enough?

Musk is a bigger Attention Whore and Addict than Madonna, and that's saying something.

by Anonymousreply 270October 31, 2022 4:54 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271October 31, 2022 5:11 PM

So homely.

by Anonymousreply 272October 31, 2022 5:13 PM

Twitter is now poised to be Parler II. If you think it’s a cesspool now…

by Anonymousreply 273October 31, 2022 5:57 PM

That, R273, is why I think the argument that "we shouldn't yield the field to the rightwingers on Twitter" is misguided. I understand the sentiment, but Twitter is either going to shrink to rightwing echo chamber as more and more normal people get out, or Musk is going to have to put back all the previous guardrails, negating the whole reason for buying it (he even deleted his own "Paul Pelosi was a drunk whore" tweet!) and the whole thing will descend into an irremediable shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 274October 31, 2022 6:10 PM

What an idiot. So if you’re drunk in your home it’s okay for people to attack you with hammers? Why does that even matter?

by Anonymousreply 275October 31, 2022 6:13 PM

Never got into the whole social media thing. Barely have a FB account that I may check in on every year and never got into twitter.

by Anonymousreply 276October 31, 2022 6:15 PM

Try ending every tweet with a # making fun of Musk and then see how long his "freedom of speech" lasts.

by Anonymousreply 277October 31, 2022 7:00 PM

This should help make it make sense…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278October 31, 2022 7:05 PM

Maga is incapable of asking relevant questions.

Dummies.

by Anonymousreply 279October 31, 2022 7:09 PM

A Times review of his online accounts show that DePape had been drifting further into the world of far-right conspiracies, antisemitism and hate.

In a personal blog that DePape maintained, posts include such topics as “Manipulation of History,” “Holohoax” and “It’s OK to be white.”

He mentioned 4chan, a favorite message board of the far right. He posted videos about conspiracies involving COVID-19 vaccines and the war in Ukraine being a ploy for Jewish people to buy land.

DePape’s screeds included posts about QAnon, an unfounded theory that former President Trump is at war with a cabal of Satan-worshipping Democratic elites who run a child sex ring and control the world.

In an Aug. 23 entry titled “Q,” DePape wrote: “Either Q is Trump himself or Q is the deep state moles within Trumps inner circl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280October 31, 2022 8:15 PM

New:

"The Department of Justice charged the suspect, who has been named as David DePape, with two violations of federal law on Monday. These included one count of assaulting a family member of a US official in retaliation for the performance of their duties, which carries a maximum sentence of 30 years.

He is also charged with the attempted kidnap of Mrs Pelosi, which carries a maximum penalty of 20 years."

by Anonymousreply 281October 31, 2022 8:38 PM

"The suspect had a roll of tape, white rope, a second hammer and zip ties in his possession when he was arrested, the justice department said. He had planned to hold Mrs Pelosi hostage and was going to break "her kneecaps" if she "lied" to him, according to court documents.

He also told police that if Mrs Pelosi was injured, then she would have had to use a wheelchair to enter Congress, which would send a message to other politicians.

As well as Mrs Pelosi - who as speaker of the House of Representatives is one of the most senior politicians in the country - the suspect had a list of other people he wanted to target and may have been planning further attacks, law enforcement sources told CBS News.

Officers were called to the couple's home at 02:23 local time (09:23 GMT) on Friday. Images of the four-bedroom property in the Pacific Heights neighbourhood showed the rear glass doors - where police say the intruder gained entry - had been shattered.

Mr Pelosi later told police that he was asleep when the suspect, who he had never seen before, entered his bedroom. He told the intruder that he needed to use the bathroom then made a 911 call on his mobile phone.

Police later found Mr Pelosi and the suspect struggling over a hammer, but it was wrested from him by the intruder who violently assaulted him with it. The suspect was then tackled and disarmed by officers, while Mr Pelosi appeared to be unconscious on the ground."

by Anonymousreply 282October 31, 2022 8:41 PM

Love Lynda Carter, a great account to follow on Twitter. I already miss my time on Twitter. But I will not be back.

by Anonymousreply 283October 31, 2022 8:57 PM

This ugliness is a metastatic cancer…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284November 1, 2022 1:19 AM

YouTube would have to censor a lot of DL whore statements.

by Anonymousreply 285November 1, 2022 1:29 AM

Can we stop talking about whoever that lunatic was who attacked Pelosi? We really don't need to fuel conspiracies by talking about it do we?

This story is really a very simple one but for some reason we're giving the Qanon nutjobs the oxygen to spin it into some ridiculous story.

He's just a rebranded Pizzagate moron with a hammer instead of a gun.

by Anonymousreply 286November 1, 2022 5:01 AM

[quote]Omg

Dyatlov, right?

by Anonymousreply 287November 1, 2022 5:26 AM

Twitter has frozen some employee access to internal tools used for content moderation and other policy enforcement, curbing the staff’s ability to clamp down on misinformation ahead of a major US election.

Most people who work in Twitter’s Trust and Safety organization are currently unable to alter or penalize accounts that break rules around misleading information, offensive posts and hate speech, except for the most high-impact violations that would involve real-world harm, according to people familiar with the matter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288November 1, 2022 11:29 AM

R120- Is Jimmy Kimmel also weighing in on the fact that he’s a CLOSET QUEEN 👸.

by Anonymousreply 289November 1, 2022 12:20 PM

1/ As people flee Twitter, or threaten to, in response to Elon’s takeover and the harassment it has already spawned and likely will bc of less content moderation, there are some things I’ve noticed. Please follow this thread and share it. It’s sorta important…

[...]

3/ After a Black woman has been sharing her stories of dealing with racism, a white woman begins to cry. As one does. Then when the facilitator calls on her, she talks about how “hard” this work is and how dispiriting…

4/ She despairs of ever undoing racism, either among some in her own family or professional circles, or society more broadly. She again talks of how “hard” it all is and how it makes her want to give up sometimes…

5/ At this point the Black woman who had previously spoken reached out, touched her leg, and with a cutting snark too brilliant for the white woman to get it, said, “Is it hard, dear?” The white woman cried more and insisted it was, yes…

6/ That day was the day I forever understood that Black people are possibly the only thing standing in the way of utter destruction. White folks, even liberal ones, will often fold up their tents and go home when it gets too difficult…

7/ But Black people cannot, by and large, do this. They have never been able to do this. They have to stay and fight no matter the cost. Now, back to the “Twexodus”…

8/ I can’t say it scientifically. Not even sure how to prove it quantitatively. But I can say that after much careful observation, the people threatening to jump ship (and from what I know those who have) have been overwhelmingly white…

9/ Even as Black Twitter catches the most hell, deals with racism, misogynoir, all the things, all the time…they are here, fighting and refusing to concede this ground…

10/ While a distressing number of white progressives talk about how “toxic” it will become (or has already) and how they just can’t be around that. “Is it hard, dear?” Rings in my ears yet again…

11/ And yes, I know that women face more than I do as a man. Rape threats are an entirely different thing. I get it. But, um, yeah, so Black women face that every day. They aren’t bailing the same way…

12/ To those white folks worried about Twitter toxicity. Please, AMERICA has been toxic for Black people for hundreds of years. If they can manage to fight on, survive and thrive despite it, you can deal with ugliness in your timeline.

13/ And please know none of this is meant to romanticize suffering or the strength often born of it. It is simply to say that when you’ve been wading thru the shit for hundreds of years, you learn how to wade through it. It’s the only choice you have…

14/ [/bold] But when you haven’t had to (a privilege) it’s easy to take your toys and go home, so to speak. I think the white folks who DON’T do this tend to be those of us whose consciousness was formed by the Black freedom struggle…

15/ because when THAT was your entry point for social awareness you learn that justice is a long game, and you might well never see it. Better than you have come and gone without seeing it. But you have to take your place in the long line of those willing to die for it…

16/ White folks who, on the other hand, were not principally informed by that struggle get dispirited easily because they haven’t learned from that inter generational resilience… [/bold]

17/ Some of us came to anti racism first, and THEN our progressive politics because of how we were raised and around whom (this is often the Southern white progressive story). Others came to progressive politics and then that included anti-racism but just as one of many issues…

20/ [bold] James Baldwin explained it this way: “If one is continually surviving the worst that life can bring, one eventually ceases to be controlled by a fear of what life can bring; whatever it bring must be borne…” Black people know this. White progressives must learn it. [/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290November 1, 2022 2:13 PM

[quote]To those white folks worried about Twitter toxicity. Please, AMERICA has been toxic for Black people for hundreds of years.

Is this parody or is he really so terminally online that he thinks refusing to leave Twitter is a brave and revolutionary act of political defiance?

by Anonymousreply 291November 1, 2022 2:19 PM

Remember to include a special hashtag for his lord and master at the end of every tweet you send.

by Anonymousreply 292November 1, 2022 2:21 PM

R290 wasn’t that written by a… white progressive?

by Anonymousreply 293November 1, 2022 2:30 PM

yes, R293.

I was focused on the metaphor so maybe I did disservice to the argument in the edit. I should have realized that DL would focus more on race and progressives than the stream of thought he's arguing. FWIW, here are the missing tweets:

[quote] 18/ I would say that if you come to your anti racism just as one more thing in your liberal/left bag of issues, you won’t be ready for the difficulty you’ll face no matter which issues you focus on in your work/life…

[quote] 19/…but if you start with a grounding in the Black freedom struggle, or develop that grounding, you will develop the kind of resolve and long-view that keeps you in the fight and wards off the kind of despondency that leads many to pack it in…

by Anonymousreply 294November 1, 2022 2:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295November 1, 2022 2:38 PM

Tim Wise lost me, one tweet in..Twitter ain't Redditt.

by Anonymousreply 296November 1, 2022 3:07 PM

For shrieking hysteria, Tim Wise puts Freud's Dora to shame.

by Anonymousreply 297November 1, 2022 4:02 PM

I posted the below on the wrong Musk thread, so reposting here…

If people are still on Twitter they’re there because they want to be… they overestimate both twitter’s importance as well as their own. It’s an addiction that feeds the ego.

There’s two truths that people don’t want to face…1) they really don’t want Twitter to change for the better. If they did then they’d be off. And the more people off twitter the less money Musk makes and less less money Musk makes the quicker things will change. 2) Musk doesn’t want Twitter to change for the better because it drives usage from people who overestimate their importance on Twitter.

And as far as blue checks telling followers to stay and fight…think about where most of them would be without twitter. Twitter gave a lot of these people relevance (for some aging actors it’s renewed relevance)…a relevance that they’re reluctant to give up.

by Anonymousreply 298November 1, 2022 4:12 PM

Twitter and Facebook are basically dead men walking. Think of all of the social media sites that have gone away that were once "the big thing". Kids moved away from them when their parents discovered these social media sites. Now kids are moving on to TikTok and away from Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 299November 1, 2022 4:20 PM

[quote] Elon is gross, there's no telling what sleazy shit that pasty doughboy has done.

Well, there was that photo of Muskrat and Jizz-layne Maxwell....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300November 1, 2022 4:22 PM

I am so fucking sick of Twitter, I wish I would never have to hear about it ever again.

by Anonymousreply 301November 1, 2022 4:26 PM

A lot of people have moved to Instagram now. Which is not great either, but I checked out CounterSocial and Tribel and they are like kindergarten compared to Twitter. And no one is on them. I can’t find news sources or journalists on them like on Twitter.

It looks like a lot of those people are moving to Instagram, which isn’t really meant for this but is at least accessible. Instagram is now being inundated with rabid, hate-filled trolls too, but at least they have terms of service over there and they can be removed.

Nancy Pelosi’s Instagram account is filled with haters claiming Joe and Hunter Biden took money from Ukraine for some reason. Which makes no sense. They’re trying to re-write Trump’s first impeachment, like they’re re-writing the Pelosi attack.

I wonder how many of them are Russian trolls trying to make it even worse than it is. It looks like an all-out hostile takeover of the internet, which has vastly accelerated in just the last few weeks. Probably Putin trying to get revenge for us helping Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 302November 1, 2022 4:33 PM

The arguments I see people making for leaving Twitter aren't exactly that it's become too harsh and uncomfortable there with all the bigoted and deranged speech, but rather that they don't want to lend any support to a platform that permits those kinds of attacks, conspiracy theories, etc.

by Anonymousreply 303November 1, 2022 4:40 PM

R303, it’s not that people can’t block those people, it’s, why give Musk money so he can host Nazis and terrorist sympathizers? All you’re doing is encouraging these trolls to come out of their basement and post about how great terrorism and attempted murder is. I’m not going to be a part of that I hope everyone closes their account and Musk goes broke. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 304November 1, 2022 4:57 PM

R299 is right. The next big thing will come along…

by Anonymousreply 305November 1, 2022 5:07 PM

R304, that's what I was saying.

by Anonymousreply 306November 1, 2022 5:09 PM

I thought that Musk was Jewish. He’s not. Just your typical UN-PC Afrikaner who happens to be a billionaire.

by Anonymousreply 307November 1, 2022 5:20 PM

[quote] A lot of people who mocked blue-check media claimed they were being "shadow-banned," meaning that their on-site visibility was throttled.

[quote] Isn't Elon's plan—charging ppl for blue, and rewarding them with extra visibility—just another way of "shadow-banning" non-payers?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308November 1, 2022 6:25 PM

Unfortunately the friends I had who left Twitter gave up Facebook years ago, Instagram last year, and now Twitter, and I have no idea where they even are anymore. I don't think they're on social media at all.

by Anonymousreply 309November 1, 2022 6:29 PM

I don't know anyone under 30 years of age who posts on Facebook.

I don't know anyone in my small circle who used Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 310November 1, 2022 6:52 PM

Those are not equivalent, R310.

There is a huge amount of Twitter content on Datalounge that shows up inline for passive consumption. You cannot possible use this website without being exposed to--and I argue, benefit from--that content. The same cannot be said of Facebook

by Anonymousreply 311November 1, 2022 7:02 PM

What will happen to the Twitter porn whores?

by Anonymousreply 312November 1, 2022 8:32 PM

Does datalounge think this Paul Pelosi is gay or straight?

I'm not sure whom to believe.

by Anonymousreply 313November 1, 2022 9:03 PM

R313 FFS, Pelosi is most likely straight. He's an elderly man who was in bed (believable especially at that time). Claiming that it was a gay hookup gone wrong is seen by homophobic right-wingers as a slur.

by Anonymousreply 314November 1, 2022 9:55 PM

He's unquestionably straight, r313, and very obviously a boob man.

by Anonymousreply 315November 2, 2022 12:57 AM

R315- Why were Pelosi and the so called intruder both found in their underwear?

by Anonymousreply 316November 2, 2022 12:59 AM

They weren't, r316, and your asking that shows that you're trolling...and doing a piss-poor job of it.

by Anonymousreply 317November 2, 2022 1:04 AM

[quote] ...the FBI complaint against Mr DePape quotes a witness as saying he was dressed "in all black" carrying a large black bag on his back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318November 2, 2022 1:04 AM

R316 is trying his very bestest to troll but he can’t even come up with half-cocked shit, it’s all cocked.

by Anonymousreply 319November 2, 2022 1:10 AM

Pelosi was in his underwear because it was 2:30 in the fucking morning and he was asleep in bed.

by Anonymousreply 320November 2, 2022 1:46 AM

He was in a pajama top and boxers,.

by Anonymousreply 321November 2, 2022 1:52 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322November 2, 2022 1:54 AM

r316. Here's a DM comment painting an interesting scenario:

So.....the attacker smashes his way in using a hammer through the rear doors (no indication of how he got over the high perimeter fencing); finds Pelosi and starts screaming 'where's Nancy', whilst brandishing zip ties; Pelosi says, is it ok if I go to the washroom, because like we all do, that's where his phone is recharging while he's in bed; then he calls the cops and whilst the intruder is listening, tells them there's an intruder in the house, but so not to alarm the intruder, he guesses that his name is David (unless the intruder came in shouting 'My name is a David, where's Nancy') and throws said hammer wielding intruder off the scent by telling the cops he's a 'friend'. Then they somehow get from the bathroom, which is presumably somewhere near the bedroom where Pelosi was sleeping at 2:30am, to the front doors, at which point, the intruder strips down to his underwear before the cops arrive, a 3rd person opens the door and they see both men holding the hammer but don't enter?

by Anonymousreply 323November 2, 2022 1:59 AM

R322 what a classy fucking guy!

by Anonymousreply 324November 2, 2022 2:01 AM

You think Stephen King does not have five dollars per week to pay for a subscription service? That musk is a retard.

by Anonymousreply 325November 2, 2022 2:03 AM

R323, that’s an interesting scenario that the cops already said didn’t happen. So it’s someone’s fan fiction.

by Anonymousreply 326November 2, 2022 2:08 AM

According to a federal affidavit filed Monday, DePape was carrying a backpack containing zip ties, a rope and a hammer when he smashed through the glass patio door of the Pelosis’ home. He awakened Paul Pelosi, who was home alone, and demanded, “Where’s Nancy?”

The 82-year-old executive was able to surreptitiously call 911 to alert police to the intruder.

Tuesday’s court documents provide even more details about the violent encounter.

When an officer arrived at Pelosi’s door and asked, “What is going on here?” DePape and Pelosi were wrestling with a hammer. Then DePape “wrenched” it from Pelosi, “stepped back and lunged at Mr. Pelosi,” striking him in the head with “full force with the hammer” and knocking him unconscious, court records show.

The officers disarmed DePape, according to the motion, while Pelosi lay in a pool of blood for three minutes before regaining consciousness.

DePape told an officer at the scene that “he acted alone,” the latest motion says.

DePape later revealed to San Francisco police that he planned to kidnap Nancy Pelosi and break her kneecaps, calling her the “leader of the pack” of lies told by the Democratic Party, authorities said.

In the course of his police interview, DePape told investigators “that by breaking Nancy’s kneecaps, she would then have to be wheeled into Congress, which would show other members of Congress there were consequences to actions.”

Paul Pelosi is recovering from surgery at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital “to repair a skull fracture and serious injuries to his right arm and hands.” In a statement, his wife’s office said he was improving but faced a “long recovery process.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327November 2, 2022 2:22 AM

To the conspiracy theorists…you would think that it would be in DePape’s best interest to say that it was a trick gone wrong vs confessing to wanting to harm a prominent politician, no?

by Anonymousreply 328November 2, 2022 2:29 AM

The man isn't well mentally, r328, if you hadn't noticed.

by Anonymousreply 329November 2, 2022 2:33 AM

Oh, I noticed…but the conspiracy theorists keep pushing that DePape was a trick, which is ridiculous…and my point is the guy was well enough to confess to being a failed kidnapper instead of a failed trick when it would have been better for him to confess to the trick if that’s what he was.

by Anonymousreply 330November 2, 2022 2:38 AM

I wouldn't consider his immediate rambling confession an indication of him being well at all, r330. Why would you think he'd be using logic?

by Anonymousreply 331November 2, 2022 2:41 AM

Really, r331? Really? Bye.

by Anonymousreply 332November 2, 2022 2:47 AM

Hey all you conspiracy trolls, here's one: Donald Trump has been snorting Adderall and other drugs for decades, making him incontinent where he regularly shits his drawers, especially when he's upset or agitated. He's been wearing diapers for years.

Except this is true, just ask Noel Casler. Now go fuck off and troll somewhere else. An elderly man was attacked thanks to Trump, Fox, and the rest of the right wing assholes.

by Anonymousreply 333November 2, 2022 4:10 AM

This has been bothering me: is the final E in the perp's name silent (rhyming with "rape") or is is a full syllable (rhyming with "frappé")?

by Anonymousreply 334November 2, 2022 2:15 PM

Capitol Police seem to have surveillance videos of the intruder smashing a back window with a hammer and entering the home. That contradicts the trick-gone-bad theory. Unfortunately surveillance was monitored from 3,000 miles away and the break-in wasn’t noticed until after the fact.

by Anonymousreply 335November 2, 2022 3:53 PM

R335 who let the police in? Was the door open when the police found 2 men grappling for control of the hammer? And why weren't the police able to prevent the attack? Andwho provided an account of what occurred since it's unlikely that Pelosi with a fractured skull would be coherent.

by Anonymousreply 336November 2, 2022 3:55 PM

R336 surely it's obvious that if DePape was able to enter by smashing through, then the police would be able to enter too?

by Anonymousreply 337November 2, 2022 4:10 PM

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is FURIOUS At Media For Debunking Pelosi Attacker Conspiracies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338November 2, 2022 4:15 PM

R337 PS who charges their phone in the bathroom?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339November 2, 2022 4:22 PM

[quote]PS who charges their phone in the bathroom?

I do, r339.

by Anonymousreply 340November 2, 2022 4:35 PM

Why R340? Don't you have any outlets in your bedroom? Do you leave it on the sink as it's charging? ODD!

by Anonymousreply 341November 2, 2022 4:41 PM

I have to say, there are some really inane questions and improbable scenarios being proposed by our dum-dum trolls. We need to run a contest and determine the top dum dum. There are plenty to choose from.

Stop looking for conspiracies. Paul Pelosi was attacked. He didn’t know his attacker. He is a VICTIM.

by Anonymousreply 342November 2, 2022 4:53 PM

Some people don’t take their phones to bed with them, r341.

by Anonymousreply 343November 2, 2022 4:55 PM

[quote]Why [R340]? Don't you have any outlets in your bedroom? Do you leave it on the sink as it's charging? ODD!

No, I don't leave it on the sink, r341, keep trolling.

by Anonymousreply 344November 2, 2022 5:01 PM

Let's not pretend like the master bath in a house like that is just some small room that's all sink and shower. There's almost certainly a vanity and mirror in the bath and that would be a good place to leave a phone to charge overnight, and have it right there when you get up in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 345November 2, 2022 5:09 PM

Am I actually supposed to answer these inane questions? Other than Uvalde, do some people here think police responding to an emergency call just stand outside scratching themselves? Police can get into a house. It’s in Pacific Heights, right off the street, it’s not a fortress.

by Anonymousreply 346November 2, 2022 5:13 PM

R346 don’t answer just block the troll. Inanity deserves no answer.

by Anonymousreply 347November 2, 2022 5:15 PM

The Post cited three anonymous sources familiar with how Capitol Police learned of the attack who recounted how Capitol officers watching 1,800 live feeds noticed flashing lights from San Francisco police outside the Pelosi home in San Francisco and began backtracking footage. Surveillance from the scene allegedly showed a man with a hammer breaking a glass panel and entering the speaker’s home.

Pelosi — who has received the most violent threats against her than any other lawmaker — had much of her security detail leave with her back to D.C. and Capitol Police not monitoring video feeds of outside her home, the Post said.

Friday’s attack spotlighted security issues members of Congress have faced since the Capitol invasion of Jan. 6, 2021 and the staffing issues that have Capitol police “stretched incredibly thin,” according to the Post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348November 2, 2022 5:18 PM

Following the call, the two men went downstairs, with DePape walking behind Pelosi and carrying with him the hammer and zip ties, according to the documents. Downstairs, DePape, noting that police would be arriving soon, told Pelosi: “I can take you out.” He then walked over to Pelosi while holding the hammer upright, causing Pelosi to reach out and put his hand on it.

The officers arrived at the scene at this point, and after Pelosi opened the door and greeted them, one of them turned on their flashlight and saw the two men holding opposite ends of the hammer, according to the court documents. An officer ordered them to drop hammer, but DePape pulled it away from Pelosi, “immediately stepped back and lunged at Mr. Pelosi, striking Mr. Pelosi in the head at full force with the hammer, which knocked Mr. Pelosi unconscious.”

“The officers rushed into the house, tackled (DePape), and disarmed him. Mr. Pelosi remained unresponsive for about three minutes, waking up in a pool of his own blood,” the documents said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349November 2, 2022 5:22 PM

I love how Trump’s Reich-wing conspiracy theorists want exacting evidence and information about what is, by the comprehension of any person who has a modicum of sentience, a break-in and battery perpetrated by DePape on Pelosi.

And yet, when a documented criminal like Trump is caught red-handed with stolen US classified documents stashed away at Maga-Lardo, all he had to do is call it “Fake News!” and his moronic followers unquestioningly accept it.

This country is so fucked.

by Anonymousreply 350November 2, 2022 6:10 PM

I want Marjorie Taylor Greene to get so irate that she vomits up her own stomach on live TV like an angry camel.

by Anonymousreply 351November 2, 2022 6:19 PM

[Quote}Let's not pretend like the master bath in a house like that is just some small room that's all sink and shower. There's almost certainly a vanity and mirror in the bath and that would be a good place to leave a phone to charge overnight, and have it right there when you get up in the morning

and let's not pretend that a house like that doesn't have a state-of-the-art alarm system. BTW since I don't take or make calls in the bathroom, I don't see the need to leave the phone or charge it in the bathroom. How about on a nightstand so it's right near the bed?

by Anonymousreply 352November 2, 2022 6:24 PM

[Quote] Some people don’t take their phones to bed with them,

how about on the nightstand next to the bed so it's easily accessible.

by Anonymousreply 353November 2, 2022 6:35 PM

[quote] How about on a nightstand so it's right near the bed?

There's tons of articles about keeping your phone out of your bedroom for health reasons and to improve sleep. Plus articles about keeping the phone a good distance away from your head when you sleep because

[quote]Electromagnetic fields produced by mobile phones are classified by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) as possibly carcinogenic to humans, though there is no research demonstrating such an association.

There are tons of people who don't feel the need to follow these recommendations, but there are lots who do. It's not a some weird preference if you decide to keep your cell phone out of your bedroom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354November 2, 2022 6:40 PM

I get the feeling that the bewigged, billionaire, Boer is far more unhinged than any of us peasants realize. Things will not end well for him.

by Anonymousreply 355November 2, 2022 6:43 PM

[Quote]There are tons of people who don't feel the need to follow these recommendations, but there are lots who do. It's not a some weird preference if you decide to keep your cell phone out of your bedroom.

Many people leave a phone near the bed in case of an emergency that may occur including a medical emergency. And if one heard a noise that sounded like an intruder, they would have easy access to the phone without the need to fumble around to get the phone

by Anonymousreply 356November 2, 2022 6:50 PM

[quote]how about on the nightstand next to the bed so it's easily accessible.

Why are you so insistent in finding holes in the story, r353?

by Anonymousreply 357November 2, 2022 6:50 PM

I always have my mobile phone with me. Always

by Anonymousreply 358November 2, 2022 6:52 PM

Well, good for you, r358. I'm sure you're very happy together.

by Anonymousreply 359November 2, 2022 6:53 PM

You are being deliberately obtuse and argumentative

by Anonymousreply 360November 2, 2022 6:57 PM

[Quote]Why are you so insistent in finding holes in the story,

I was just curious as to why someone would leave and charge their phone in the bathroom since it's probably the only room in the house where I never use it. I would prefer to have it near me during the night. I usually charge my phone where I use it the most at home and that's at my desk right next to my computer.

by Anonymousreply 361November 2, 2022 6:59 PM

It's not all about *you*, r361.

by Anonymousreply 362November 2, 2022 7:12 PM

(^.^) says the person who has 2 dozen posts on this thread

by Anonymousreply 363November 2, 2022 7:24 PM

I have no idea how many posts I have on this thread, r363, but the only posts I know of where I referenced myself are r340 and r344. Am I missing any?

by Anonymousreply 364November 2, 2022 7:40 PM

[Quote] Am I missing any?

always about you, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 365November 2, 2022 7:42 PM

No, r365, it's about not distorting the events.

by Anonymousreply 366November 2, 2022 7:44 PM

"He charges his phone in the bathroom, that's how you know he's a secret homosexual who was having the homosexual sex with his homosexual far-left trick who had a homosexual hammer and then the cops had to break up the homosexuality and lied about it, and also Paul deserves a skull fracture because of this homosexual hammer sex and charging his phone in the wrong room."

by Anonymousreply 367November 2, 2022 7:46 PM

The old man will never be 100% again, and people are questioning where he charges his phone?

One thing I will say, maybe I've watched too many Datelines, but I always sleep with my bedroom door locked at night. I'm a fairly light sleeper, but between the alarm and someone potentially messing with the door I'd have time to call 911- or run out of the bedroom through the slider.

by Anonymousreply 368November 2, 2022 7:47 PM

You left out them both being in baby doll nighties and maribou trimmed mules, r367.

by Anonymousreply 369November 2, 2022 7:48 PM

R367 does the bathroom door have a lock or was the assailant in the bathroom with Paul when he took a' bathroom break' during the home invasion?

by Anonymousreply 370November 2, 2022 7:50 PM

[Quote]Paul deserves a skull fracture because of this homosexual hammer sex and charging his phone in the wrong room.

speaking of distortion . . .

by Anonymousreply 371November 2, 2022 7:53 PM

Don't you want to know which scent of Poo-Pourri they use, r370?

by Anonymousreply 372November 2, 2022 7:56 PM

Do not try to tell me that the Republicans, whose platform is expressly anti-gay, and who have been writing and passing anti-LGBT laws like their lives depended on it, are not implying that Pelosi deserved getting bashed in the head because he brought home rough trade.

That is absolutely, unequivocally part of the whole Paul Pelosi conspiracy theory. They want to distract with lies, i.e. flood the zone with shit, so that the usual choads -- Rogan, Greenwald, etc. -- start "just asking questions" and confusing people, but they are also saying that this attack is no big deal because it's just what happens when a trick goes wrong.

I lived through decades of gays being told that their "lifestyle" meant violence and disease that they brought on themselves, and gays afraid to go to the cops if they got attacked, because they knew how they would be seen. Don't tell me that it's a distortion to recognize what I've seen a million times before.

by Anonymousreply 373November 2, 2022 8:00 PM

[quote]speaking of distortion . . .

But is it, r371? You certainly are focused on Paul not charging his phone where you do and that somehow being suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 374November 2, 2022 8:00 PM

They definitely need a security system that alerts to broken glass. Even I have that.

by Anonymousreply 375November 2, 2022 8:04 PM

R374 Does the bathroom door have a lock or was the assailant in the bathroom with Paul when he took a' bathroom break' during the home invasion? Was Paul allowed to go into the bathroom alone and make a 911 call. It seems odd that you avoid answering the question.

by Anonymousreply 376November 2, 2022 8:04 PM

R375 How do you know he didn't have one? It doesn't give you a lot of time, does it? To wake up and realise what's happening. Meanwhile the attacker can get to you.

by Anonymousreply 377November 2, 2022 8:06 PM

R376 Have you heard yourself or are you a bona fide troll? F&F.

by Anonymousreply 378November 2, 2022 8:08 PM

trolling a troll makes you a troll R378

by Anonymousreply 379November 2, 2022 8:09 PM

R379 Enjoy my second F&F of the day.

by Anonymousreply 380November 2, 2022 8:10 PM

Definitely^ Have blocked.

by Anonymousreply 381November 2, 2022 8:10 PM

These fucking trolls are ridiculous--"It was 2AM, what was he doing in his UNDERWEARRRRR???? It must've been a gay hookup gone wrong!"

"Why was his cell phone in the bathrooooooommmmm???? Something definitely was amiss there...."

No, assholes--it was exactly as it seemed, a crazed QAnon/MAGA lunatic broke into the house and attacked an 82 year old man in the middle of the night. Get a life and go squat down on your MAGA dildoes now.

by Anonymousreply 382November 2, 2022 8:10 PM

R377, because an alarm goes off and the police show up. Same with opening a door. Plus, that's a big place- he had to look for Paul's bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 383November 2, 2022 8:13 PM

R383 Genuinely have you thought this through? How long would it take police to turn up?

Either you have 0 common sense or you're a troll trying to sow doubt.

DePape even told police what happened and what he wanted to do (Kneecap Nancy, blah blah).

by Anonymousreply 384November 2, 2022 8:14 PM

why get yourself so upset are R382 I only found it odd that his phone was in the bathroom being charged and that he was allowed during a home invasion to go into the bathroom and wondered if the assailant followed him into the bathroom or not because he was obviously able to make a 911 call in the midst of a home invasion. and if the assailant did follow him into the bathroom, why would he have allowed him to make a call to the authorities. and if he not follow him into the bathroom could he have locked the door. The police were there in two minutes

by Anonymousreply 385November 2, 2022 8:15 PM

I'm mocking you dumbass R385. Did you not get it? Maybe take a break from your trollery and go get some fresh air. Or just head to the bedroom and squat on your Trump dildo.

by Anonymousreply 386November 2, 2022 8:18 PM

r385, you're the reason the word *tedious* was invented.

by Anonymousreply 387November 2, 2022 8:24 PM

Why so angry? Maybe you should take you own advice R386 Sounds like you could use some fresh air. And no one is forcing you to read my posts, are they? Never said it was a conspiracy or that an 82-year-old deserved a skull fracture just that some of the events as reported didn't add up even knowing we're talking about the actions of a mentally ill man. Even the police walked back and clarified previous statements. Blame it on the media that wants to get the story first rather than correct

by Anonymousreply 388November 2, 2022 8:26 PM

[quote]Even the police walked back and clarified previous statements.

What are you talking about with this? Link, facts please.

Or I'm going to assume that this is more of a troll trying to sow doubt on what is actually a pretty straightforward case.

by Anonymousreply 389November 2, 2022 8:28 PM

R385 is a legitimate piece of shit. Block the troll. He is stinking up this thread.

by Anonymousreply 390November 2, 2022 8:32 PM

R389

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391November 2, 2022 8:35 PM

Chuck Toad, r391? Anyway, as you can see, the statement made last Friday was *wrong*.

Following the attack on U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband Paul on Friday, Oct. 28, social media users said there was an unknown third person at the scene of the incident. However, law enforcement officials told Reuters that Paul Pelosi and the suspect, David DePape, were the only two people at the Pelosi residence when police responded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392November 2, 2022 8:49 PM

I read more about this story today. They tracked down DePape’s ex, whom he broke up with in 2015. They have a couple of kids together, so she apparently kept in touch with what he was doing, at least through a mutual friend.

She said DePape was seriously mentally ill and had deteriorated in the last few years, partly due to drugs. Her friend saw him getting free food sometimes, at some charity where she worked. He was homeless and living outside at least until recently.

She said when they were together, their ideas agreed. She was a liberal, but his mental health really declined and she had to get away from him. She’s not too tightly wrapped herself, she’s in prison herself now, on a completely unrelated matter. At one point he thought he was Jesus Christ for a year.

He sounds like exactly the sort of mentally ill person who would fall for Q-Anon conspiracies. Given his mental health situation, I do wonder where the black bag, hammer and clothes came from. Did someone pay him to do this? He readily confessed.

The video footage was later reviewed and there’s footage of him breaking in through the sliding glass door with a hammer. There was glass on both the inside and outside. He told Paul Pelosi that this was the end for him. Pelosi managed to stay calm and stall until the police arrived, then opened the door for them. The police told the suspect to drop the hammer, that’s when he attacked Pelosi with it.

There are also reports Pelosi’s hand and arm were injured, usually hand and arm injuries in an assault are from people shielding their face from an attack. So I wonder how much damage was done before the police stopped DePape.

There was no third person, the “wellness check” was called in by the 911 operator. Pelosi had 911 on speaker, DePape was in the background telling the operator he was a “friend” and everything was fine. Pelosi repeatedly said he did not know DePape. The operator called it in, not understanding what was happening. When the police arrived, Pelosi opened the door.

by Anonymousreply 393November 2, 2022 8:49 PM

[quote]He sounds like exactly the sort of mentally ill person who would fall for Q-Anon conspiracies

And how many others are out there?

by Anonymousreply 394November 2, 2022 8:52 PM

[Quote]Anyway, as you can see, the statement made last Friday was *wrong*.

and the video @ R391 said that if you bothered to watch

by Anonymousreply 395November 2, 2022 8:53 PM

R394, there have been several murders committed by Q-Anon people, however, they usually murder their own family, including their children.

by Anonymousreply 396November 2, 2022 8:54 PM

R395 Video of the cops saying that please?

by Anonymousreply 397November 2, 2022 8:54 PM

[quote] He sounds like exactly the sort of mentally ill person who would fall for Q-Anon conspiracies

[quote] And how many others are out there?

Hillary has been dead for years now. She overdosed on drinking the blood of children. The Deep State replaced her with a robot.

by Anonymousreply 398November 2, 2022 8:57 PM

Here’s another Q-Anon murder case.

“A tragic scene unfolded in Michigan on Sunday when a QAnon-obsessed man opened fire on his family, killing his wife and injuring one of his two daughters.

“Rebecca Lanis, 21, recalled to CBS 7 News that her grandmother called her on Sunday morning asking if she was at the hospital with her sister. Having spent the night out of the family house, Rebecca was unaware of the violence that had unfolded.

“When the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office responded to reports of gunshots at the family home, Igor Lanis opened fire on them and was eventually shot and killed by deputies.

“Rebecca Lanis says her father had never been physically violent, but his behavior started spiraling about two years ago after former President Donald Trump lost the 2020 presidential election,” local media explained.

“He became a different person after 2020 when Trump lost,” she told CBS 7 News.

“Rebecca said her father became fixated on “conspiracy theories about vaccines, 5G and electromagnetic fields.” Rebecca added that her father became obsessed with QAnon, the far-right pro-Trump conspiracy theory and political movement that claims Trump is fighting a secret cabal of “deep state” child sex traffickers.

“Trump appeared to publicly endorse QAnon on Monday sharing multiple posts on his Truth Social, including one carrying the slogans of the movement.

“Rebecca’s sister, Rachel Lanis, is in stable condition following the shooting, which also claimed the life of the family dog.”

The daughter that survived unharmed was at a sleepover out of the house that night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399November 2, 2022 9:02 PM

Murders and attempted murders by Q-Anon:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400November 2, 2022 9:04 PM

[quote][quote]Anyway, as you can see, the statement made last Friday was *wrong*.

[quote]and the video @ [R391] said that if you bothered to watch

Point out in the video where Chuck says that there *weren't* three people, r395.

by Anonymousreply 401November 2, 2022 9:25 PM

Can we send the bewigged Boer back to South Africa?

by Anonymousreply 402November 2, 2022 9:55 PM

Current Republican ideology and mental illness go hand in hand. The more sick in the head a person gets, the more they fall prey to conspiracy theories and other delusions, which are overwhelmingly on the anti-science, anti-reason, violence-prone Republican side of politics.

by Anonymousreply 403November 2, 2022 10:05 PM

Why does it matter where Pelosi charges his cell phone? Why is this an issue? They have video of the guy breaking in…where he chooses to charge his phone is not important.

by Anonymousreply 404November 2, 2022 10:07 PM

It matters to maga who have strange fixations and limited cognitive function

by Anonymousreply 405November 2, 2022 10:15 PM

Pick your fighter:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406November 2, 2022 10:19 PM

[Quote]where he chooses to charge his phone is not important.

never said it was important just odd I was just curious as to why someone would leave and charge their phone in the bathroom since it's probably the only room in the house where I never use it. I would prefer to have it near me during the night. I usually charge my phone where I use it the most at home and that's at my desk right next to my computer.

by Anonymousreply 407November 2, 2022 10:42 PM

I take my phone in the bathroom when I am on the crapper.

by Anonymousreply 408November 2, 2022 10:43 PM

lol, r398

by Anonymousreply 409November 2, 2022 10:49 PM

If Elon Musk died in the woods and fell over, would anybody with a functioning brain give a fuck?

by Anonymousreply 410November 2, 2022 10:53 PM

[Quote]I take my phone in the bathroom when I am on the crapper.

hopefully you wipe . . .the phone when you're finished

by Anonymousreply 411November 2, 2022 10:53 PM

Nobody fucking cares about your curiosity, r407.

You painted your right-wing ass into a corner.

by Anonymousreply 412November 2, 2022 10:54 PM

[quote]the only room in the house where I never use it

[quote]I would prefer to have it near me during the night

[quote]I usually charge my phone where I use it the most at home

Again, r407, it *isn't* about *you*.

by Anonymousreply 413November 2, 2022 10:54 PM

Is this you R408?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414November 2, 2022 10:56 PM

I wipe with the phone,genius

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415November 2, 2022 10:56 PM

The QAnon crowd is gonna LOVE this!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416November 2, 2022 10:59 PM

and for others it's probably more like 30 times dirtier

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417November 2, 2022 10:59 PM

Maga is so worthless, laughably so.

Normal behavior, carrying a mobile phone with you at all times is abnormal to maga.

And this shit here, is political discourse.

Maga can't be reached

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418November 2, 2022 11:00 PM

The world's largest cosmetics company has suspended advertising on Twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419November 2, 2022 11:09 PM

[Quote]Oh, I noticed…but the conspiracy theorists keep pushing that DePape was a trick, which is ridiculous…and my point is the guy was well enough to confess to being a failed kidnapper instead of a failed trick when it would have been better for him to confess to the trick if that’s what he was.

after the police witnessed him striking Pelosi with a hammer, I think it would be irrelevant to his defense at that point

by Anonymousreply 420November 2, 2022 11:11 PM

[Quote]There's tons of articles about keeping your phone out of your bedroom for health reasons and to improve sleep. Plus articles about keeping the phone a good distance away from your head when you sleep because

[Quote]Electromagnetic fields produced by mobile phones are classified by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) as possibly carcinogenic to humans, though there is no research demonstrating such an association.

if this is true so many are fucked. During waking hours many people never take their phone away from their ear.

by Anonymousreply 421November 2, 2022 11:14 PM

[Quote]They definitely need a security system that alerts to broken glass. Even I have that.

and maybe a panic room

by Anonymousreply 422November 2, 2022 11:27 PM

Release the 911 call and security cameras

by Anonymousreply 423November 3, 2022 1:08 AM

Good Idea

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424November 3, 2022 1:17 AM

A San Francisco police officer arrived at the house at 2:31 a.m. and knocked on the front door, according to the complaint. DePape told police that he and Paul Pelosi had gone downstairs to the front door and Paul Pelosi opened the door for police. DePape also said that Paul Pelosi grabbed the hammer in DePape’s hand, to which DePape responded that he wasn’t going to surrender and would go “through” Paul Pelosi.

If Pelosi could answer the door, why didn't he get out of the house?

by Anonymousreply 425November 3, 2022 1:23 AM

Why don't you let the cops complete this investigation.

I noticed that you don't bother to link to a source.

Is your source the fabled Santa Monica Observer?

by Anonymousreply 426November 3, 2022 1:25 AM

From The LA Times:

When officers arrived and knocked on the front door, Scott said, someone inside opened the door. The officers saw Paul Pelosi and DePape, “each with one hand on a single hammer,” he said.

After officers ordered both men to drop the hammer, DePape “immediately” pulled the tool from Pelosi and “violently attacked him with the hammer,” Scott said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427November 3, 2022 1:38 AM

[Quote]Why don't you let the cops complete this investigation.

I am letting them complete the investigation. This is DL

by Anonymousreply 428November 3, 2022 1:42 AM

"When the officers arrived and knocked on the front door of the residence this morning, the door was opened by someone inside," San Francisco Police Chief Bill Scott said at a Friday press conference. "The officers observed through the open door Mr. Pelosi and the suspect, Mr. DePape, inside the entryway of the home."

This led to immediate confusion about how many people were inside the home at the time of the attack, which is evident in a Politico report from Friday. Politico updated that report Sunday to clarify that only two people were in the home when police arrived.

"This report has been updated to clarify that according to the San Francisco Police Department and District Attorney Brooke Jenkins, there were only two people inside the Pelosi home when police arrived early Friday morning, Paul Pelosi and the suspect, David DePape," the clarification says. "The police chief had stated on Friday that officers arrived at the house and entered through the front door, which someone — he didn’t specify who — opened from the inside."

Why police would not initially say who opened the front door is unclear. But a criminal complaint the FBI released earlier this week specifies that Pelosi ran to the door and opened it before he began trying to gain control of the hammer that DePape was holding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429November 3, 2022 1:51 AM

Its bungled messaging because it is an active investigation

Cops have no obligation to satisfy your magat fantasy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430November 3, 2022 1:54 AM

The fantasy is yours. R430 Anyone who disagrees with you must be a MAGAt. The confusion was in the wording that someone opened the door without specifying that it was one of the two men who were seen grappling with a hammer And of course the question would be how is someone whose grappling with a hammer also able to open the door.

by Anonymousreply 431November 3, 2022 2:02 AM

who's ^

by Anonymousreply 432November 3, 2022 2:07 AM

Well, now ya know, r431.

by Anonymousreply 433November 3, 2022 2:21 AM

R397 see links at @ R427 and R429

police clarified that it was Pelosi who opened the door after initial statements caused confusion leading people to believe someone other than Pelosi or DePape opened the door.

by Anonymousreply 434November 3, 2022 2:36 AM

R431, your insistence that something else was going on is… weird. It’s wacko. It’s like you’re obsessed with other scenarios that are only in your little mind. It’s nutso.

by Anonymousreply 435November 3, 2022 2:38 AM

Btw, I’m speaking to the sane posters on this thread—best not to engage the couple of nutties posting here. It’s pointless since they’re MAGA trolls that are here to disrupt sane conversation a week before the election.

by Anonymousreply 436November 3, 2022 2:41 AM

R435 what did I insist was going on there? I only questioned some of the details until there was clarification and elaboration that's all. I didn't say it was a trick gone bad or that Pelosi knew his attacker I didn't say this was two men in their underwear or nude I didn't say this was a conspiracy theory . . .

by Anonymousreply 437November 3, 2022 2:43 AM

^ nor did I 'suggest' any of those thing R435 - 436 Maybe you read too much into things

by Anonymousreply 438November 3, 2022 2:48 AM

R435 it's just magat fantasy, limp and pathetic intended to distract

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439November 3, 2022 2:50 AM

'magat fantasy' seems to be the current term favored by paranoid, basement dwelling INCELs.

by Anonymousreply 440November 3, 2022 2:56 AM

Un huh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441November 3, 2022 2:59 AM

I wonder who gets Twitter if Elon Musk is removed from the gene pool.

by Anonymousreply 442November 3, 2022 3:02 AM

Have any interests, friends R441?

by Anonymousreply 443November 3, 2022 3:05 AM

I'll bet he doesn't even have a will.

by Anonymousreply 444November 3, 2022 3:08 AM

Zero friends. Why else would I lower myself to talk to you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445November 3, 2022 3:10 AM

There wasn't anything at the link r419 posted, apparently because it's not true, L'Oreal hasn't suspended advertising on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446November 3, 2022 3:28 AM

Thank goodness for the internet Jessica Fletchers. Otherwise no crimes would ever be solved!

by Anonymousreply 447November 3, 2022 3:59 AM

R384, who the hell do you think you are- the MAGAT troll police? For starters, you obviously do not have a security system.

I don't believe any of these crazy conspiracy theories, but I am surprised at the shockingly poor security at the home of such a prominent politician.

The broken window should have alerted the police, and they would have been there in the same two minutes that it took after Paul called 911 and the person speaking with him figured something was wrong. What if Paul hadn't been given access to his phone?

Whether the alarm failed, the Capital Police were or were not supposed to be monitors, a private security company screwed up- something went wrong.

Their security needs a complete revamp, starting with Paul sleeping in a locked bedroom when no one else is in the house. Also, a panic button.

by Anonymousreply 448November 3, 2022 4:00 AM

One other thing, there should be a police car outside 24/7, whether Nancy is home or not. That home is well-known, and has been vandalized multiple times. If we could pay for SS for all the Dump spawn (and many times at Trump hotels), a police presence is peanuts.

by Anonymousreply 449November 3, 2022 5:35 AM

Victim blaming. And how much is a 24/7 police car going to cost? Dummies.

by Anonymousreply 450November 3, 2022 6:12 AM

It's not victim blaming you fucking dumb cunt. They need better security advisors. Who cares how much it costs? Cheaper than protecting Tiffany Trump.

Plenty of celebs hire off duty coos for security.. i still say let CA pay,, if DC won't..

by Anonymousreply 451November 3, 2022 7:15 AM

So, MAGAT or victim blaming. This thread is a loser.

by Anonymousreply 452November 3, 2022 7:19 AM

Working at Twitter under Musk sounds like Hell-on-Earth with 84-hour work weeks with no guarantee of overtime, extra time off, or job security in return.

by Anonymousreply 453November 3, 2022 7:36 AM

This thread is why we most likely will lose next week. A security suggestion is victim blaming, And who knows at this point who advises Nancy? Can we trust the FBI or Capitol Police?

The Repukes stick together. Not us

by Anonymousreply 454November 3, 2022 8:22 AM

There's nothing wrong with a thread pointing out Musk's made-up conspiracy bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 455November 3, 2022 8:56 AM

[Quote]Thank goodness for the internet Jessica Fletchers. Otherwise no crimes would ever be solved!

and thank goodness for the police who got there in two minutes but didn't prevent Paul Pelosi from getting hammered!

by Anonymousreply 456November 3, 2022 10:09 AM

[quote]and thank goodness for the police who got there in two minutes but didn't prevent Paul Pelosi from getting hammered!

That’s a huge headscratcher. The police arrive and the attacker is enabled to assault Pelosi in their presence?

Failure on the part of the police?

by Anonymousreply 457November 3, 2022 1:53 PM

[Quote]Failure on the part of the police?

Maybe that's why bodycams have not been released

by Anonymousreply 458November 3, 2022 4:29 PM

I see that as the information becomes clearer, the conspiracy-minded trolls just move on to more feebler "honest questions" and, probably, more elaborate imaginary scenarios.

by Anonymousreply 459November 3, 2022 5:20 PM

You do know that two minutes or even just 15 seconds is enough time to attack someone with a hammer?

by Anonymousreply 460November 3, 2022 5:26 PM

Which he evidently did in front of the police.

I'm surprised after 1/6 that Nancy and her husband weren't given SS protection. Biden can take care of that with an Executive Order.

by Anonymousreply 461November 3, 2022 6:09 PM

Cut these trolls some slack, they're just "doing their own research".

by Anonymousreply 462November 3, 2022 6:39 PM

Amazing how you block one person and so many posts disappear.

by Anonymousreply 463November 3, 2022 7:08 PM

R460

Officers arriving around 2 AM to find Pelosi and the suspect both grappling with a hammer moments later watching the attack unfold. Mr. DePape immediately pulled the hammer away from Mr. Pelosi and violently attacked him with the hammer the officers immediately entered tackled the suspect disarmed him.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464November 3, 2022 7:16 PM

[Quote]Cut these trolls some slack, they're just "doing their own research".

—JFC, humanity is doomed

Really? This case is only a week-old. People are still questioning and speculating about JFK's assassination, the death of Marilyn Monroe, the Manson murders, Natalie Wood's death by drowning, the OJ Simpson case . . . nothing different here. And historically cases have been reopened and as in the Central Park 5 rape case the accused have been exonerated.

by Anonymousreply 465November 3, 2022 7:35 PM

The difference is that allegedly, everything is either on security footage or police body cams.

by Anonymousreply 466November 3, 2022 7:37 PM

[quote]nothing different here.

Oh yes there is, r465.

by Anonymousreply 467November 3, 2022 7:38 PM

R465 Yes, Rose. It's called the internet. Humanity cannot deal with the constant barrage of information/disinformation. The conspiracy theories have gotten exponentially worse and crazier because it's so easy to create and toss around lies and nonsense. And people EAT THIS SHIT UP. Garbage in = Garbage out.

by Anonymousreply 468November 3, 2022 7:39 PM

Exactly, r469, particularly when the lies/disinformation is coming from foreign powers and our own Republican elected officials.

by Anonymousreply 469November 3, 2022 7:45 PM

And at this point it's pretty cut and dried what happened. We have the perp and he confessed.

by Anonymousreply 470November 3, 2022 7:47 PM

Evidently, the family has seen the body cam footage according to CNN. I doubt it will ever be released to the public.

by Anonymousreply 471November 3, 2022 7:49 PM

[Quote] Yes, Rose. It's called the internet. Humanity cannot deal with the constant barrage of information/disinformation. The conspiracy theories have gotten exponentially worse and crazier because it's so easy to create and toss around lies and nonsense. And people EAT THIS SHIT UP. Garbage in = Garbage out

There is perhaps more but ultimately, it's not new. It's the same old. Oliver Stone's JFK, Netflix's Dahmer, threads on DL about Nicole Brown, a recent film about Monroe . . .conspiracy theories on everything from the JFK assassination to 9/11 have always existed and so have people willing to exploit it.

by Anonymousreply 472November 3, 2022 8:10 PM

R467 old wine in new bottles

by Anonymousreply 473November 3, 2022 8:14 PM

[quote]have always existed and so have people willing to exploit it.

Again, r472, with this you have foreign powers and an entire political party spreading the conspiracy theories to destroy our democracy. These *aren't* run of the mill conspiracy theories.

by Anonymousreply 474November 3, 2022 8:20 PM

[Quote]Again, [R472], with this you have foreign powers and an entire political party spreading the conspiracy theories to destroy our democracy. These *aren't* run of the mill conspiracy theori

what's new? ever hear of Joseph McCarthy?

by Anonymousreply 475November 3, 2022 8:32 PM

Did the McCarthy era threaten to end our democracy, r475?

by Anonymousreply 476November 3, 2022 8:34 PM

Yes, Rose^ It was concerned with a Communist threat to Democracy

by Anonymousreply 477November 3, 2022 9:00 PM

JFC, humanity is doomed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478November 3, 2022 9:06 PM

[quote]Yes, Rose^ It was concerned with a Communist threat to Democracy

The threat wasn't real, r477. Lives and careers were destroyed, but our democracy wasn't in peril. This time it is.

by Anonymousreply 479November 3, 2022 9:10 PM

Yes, I know but actual or perceived threats are nothing new.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480November 3, 2022 9:19 PM

Someone posted on the other thread that there was a police car 24/7 at the house after 1/6 but it was removed sometime last year.

by Anonymousreply 481November 3, 2022 11:58 PM

The house had security. Interestingly enough, there were video cameras that the Capitol police were supposed to be monitoring. Only they weren’t. They only noticed something on their screens when the police showed up with lights flashing.

by Anonymousreply 482November 4, 2022 12:29 AM

At least Paul is out of the hospital and back home. Hopefully, they bring back the police car

by Anonymousreply 483November 4, 2022 2:24 AM

Previously the car was only there when Speaker Pelosi was home. So now of course she is home, so the police car is back. Now the question is should the police car always be there.

by Anonymousreply 484November 4, 2022 3:03 AM

The car was there for that time period whether Nancy was home or not. Bring it back full time. The cost is nothing in the scheme of things.

by Anonymousreply 485November 4, 2022 3:18 AM

R485 then why was it there when her husband was assaulted last Friday?

by Anonymousreply 486November 4, 2022 3:24 AM

It wasn't. Why are you making shit up?

by Anonymousreply 487November 4, 2022 3:28 AM

[Quote}The car was there for that time period whether Nancy was home or not. Bring it back full time. The cost is nothing in the scheme of things.

sorry I meant to say 'wasn't' I was responding to R485

by Anonymousreply 488November 4, 2022 3:32 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489November 4, 2022 4:30 AM

The car was removed some time last year. Do keep up, or don't bother to post.

by Anonymousreply 490November 4, 2022 4:38 AM

R485

[QUOTE]The cost is nothing in the scheme of things.

It is though. An incident like this is rare. Probably about as much as likely to happen to a member of the general public (probably more so in a bad area).

by Anonymousreply 491November 4, 2022 4:57 AM

This wasn't a random crime of opportunity against the public. Democrats are being targeted. It's only a matter of time until there's a successful kidnapping or murder by the right wing.

by Anonymousreply 492November 4, 2022 6:53 AM

[quote][R385] is a legitimate piece of shit. Block the troll. He is stinking up this thread.

Block that poster and over 50 posts will vanish, r390. You have met one of DL's most prolific trolls, certified (and red-lined) brandonjoseph, better known as FormerNewYorker or FNY.

He has been known to post over 300 times in a single thread.

Punch and delete, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 493November 4, 2022 8:12 AM

R493, I’ve had the moron blocked, and you’re right, he’s a not only a MAGAt, he’s bonkers.

by Anonymousreply 494November 4, 2022 12:57 PM

Was the hammer flesh-colored?

by Anonymousreply 495November 4, 2022 6:18 PM

What if he was drunk? So what? Doesn’t excuse anything that Depape did!

by Anonymousreply 496November 4, 2022 6:27 PM

[quote]What if he was drunk? So what? Doesn’t excuse anything that Depape did!

He was in bed asleep, r496. But continue on with your "what ifs".

by Anonymousreply 497November 4, 2022 6:30 PM

I have a lot of people already blocked on this thread, including R385. Whole chunks of the thread are missing, sometimes 10-15+ posts in a row. They're all MAGAts who showed themselves in previous threads. It's so funny how they only post in these threads, and still think anyone here who isn't a MAGAt hasn't already blocked them long ago.

by Anonymousreply 498November 4, 2022 8:19 PM

It's *right* before the elections, r498. The only trolls still showing up are the dregs, r498.

by Anonymousreply 499November 4, 2022 8:24 PM

NBC News is setting the record straight. The media outlet pulled an explosive report claiming Paul Pelosi didn't indicate that he was in any danger when cops showed up at his San Francisco home, RadarOnline.com has learned in a shocking turn of events on Friday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500November 4, 2022 11:48 PM

[quote] 1/ From ad tweep who knows: The drop off is mostly self inflicted. First: The CRO [ @SEP ] walked out Friday. She's trusted by the marketing community. So, Elon goes to meet agency heads in NY. The Twitter exec who runs the US walked him in and is a trusted partner at these agencies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501November 4, 2022 11:57 PM

[quote] 1/ From ad tweep who knows: The drop off is mostly self inflicted. First: The CRO [ @SEP ] walked out Friday. She's trusted by the marketing community. So, Elon goes to meet agency heads in NY. The Twitter exec who runs the US walked him in and is a trusted partner at these agencies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502November 4, 2022 11:59 PM

Wow, he really is out of his depth. It's going to be glorious watching this. He already way overpaid for a lemon and he's fucking things up even worse at every move.

by Anonymousreply 503November 5, 2022 12:09 AM

Bless your heart, r500.

by Anonymousreply 504November 5, 2022 12:15 AM

like you said R504 you're the reason the word *tedious* was invented. Maybe come up with something other than bless your heart. You've overused that. Troll on!

by Anonymousreply 505November 5, 2022 1:12 AM

I try to rotate, r505.

by Anonymousreply 506November 5, 2022 1:34 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507November 5, 2022 2:16 AM

Muskrat is NUTZ. I can't believe all of this kvetching and kvelling over his motives.

by Anonymousreply 508November 5, 2022 4:59 AM

what r508 said.

When it comes to Attention Whores, Musk has Madonna beat by a million miles.

And yes, I get it, I'm posting these words, so, apparently, I'm one of his Johns. But I've never had a Twitter, or any social media account, nor will I ever, and no, the DL isn't in the same category as a SC, FB, IG.

What a weird world we live in now. There is no avoiding this saga, if you want to keep up with current events.

by Anonymousreply 509November 5, 2022 10:51 AM

Elon Musk is a lunatic. It's a shame he destroyed Twitter, but the meltdown is fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 510November 5, 2022 12:41 PM

Comic relief

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511November 5, 2022 1:15 PM

Fuck you, R511.

Also, in good news, Twitter's revenue has dropped by half since Musk took over.

by Anonymousreply 512November 5, 2022 1:53 PM

[quote] Twitter's revenue has dropped by half since Musk took over

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513November 5, 2022 2:36 PM

That meme should really be something about Pelosi and Hillz laughing about how tweeting out that conspiracy theory has backfired on Elon big time. Advertisers don't trust what he's going to do with Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 514November 5, 2022 2:47 PM

Elon says that Twitter is losing $4m per day, so drinks up to another day of a $4m loss.

He has Asperger's by his own account so turning it around is going to be a tall order because Twitter isn't so much about tech but about people and managing them.

by Anonymousreply 515November 5, 2022 2:52 PM

I'm not a twitter user, so maybe those more in the know can clear this up. What does his proposed $8 verification (I'm surprised DL didn't automatically change that to "verificatia") fee change? Can anyone now pay $8 and say they're a celebrity or new outlet or whatever?

And what dent will it make in the massive debt he's taken on? I can't imagine he'll get 1 billion people to pay $8 for this, and even that wouldn't be enough.

by Anonymousreply 516November 6, 2022 1:35 AM

*news* outlet

by Anonymousreply 517November 6, 2022 1:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!