Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

CNN is DEAD to me, Part 2

“Noticeable change” is coming to CNN.

Maybe Wolf will finally be given his walking papers?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277June 22, 2023 9:58 PM

Change is good.

Change the channel.

I can't support any corporation shitting on American democracy.

by Anonymousreply 1October 26, 2022 6:01 PM

I'll miss John Berman and Briana Keiler in the morning but that's pretty much it.

by Anonymousreply 2October 27, 2022 12:25 AM

Licht sent all CNN employees an email that times are tough and he might have to fire a lot of people. 🤣

by Anonymousreply 3October 27, 2022 8:26 AM

"Oh God, I'm getting fired. ... What do you want, Licht? Do you want me to look more like that whore Kaitlan Collins? I can still be sexy for you, daddy!"

by Anonymousreply 4October 27, 2022 9:59 AM

Jake is DEAD to me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 2, 2022 10:35 PM

Will Anderson get his old man mouth fixed? Swap out those stupid glasses for something stylish? Get just a TINY hint of a tan? He looks 15 years older than he is.

by Anonymousreply 6November 2, 2022 10:42 PM

Fix a mouth? How is this possible?

by Anonymousreply 7November 2, 2022 10:47 PM

Jake's probably better as the new Wolf Blitzer... give him an hour to prevent the tantrums but keep him behind the scenes in an editorial role. He's whiny, he's kinda nasty, he's not the greatest when it comes checking his bias but he's not hopeless either. Less is more with Jake.

Their problem is they have no one with gravitas who anybody wants to watch. There is no Cronkite substitute.

by Anonymousreply 8November 2, 2022 11:15 PM

The new early morning show looks like a disaster waiting to happen: Don Lemon, Kaitlin Collins, and Poppy Harlow. They took the weakest links and threw them into this show. Joe and Mika are going to bury them.

by Anonymousreply 9November 3, 2022 12:54 AM

LOL.. Jake's wearing a tie at 9 pm. He's rebelling.

by Anonymousreply 10November 3, 2022 1:00 AM

Poor Jake. CNN doesn't know what to do with him. He doesn't work well with a partner (his coupling with Dana Bash was an uncomfortable mess). CNN seemed to be auditioning him at different times over the last month.

by Anonymousreply 11November 3, 2022 1:13 AM

Dana Bash doesn't really "couple" well with anyone.

by Anonymousreply 12November 3, 2022 4:41 AM

Jake Tapper is not a star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 3, 2022 4:54 AM

Jake Tapper is a washed up entertainment reporter past his expiration date.

CNN needs to pull the plug on this douche.

by Anonymousreply 14November 3, 2022 6:21 AM

I like Coates and Camerota together

by Anonymousreply 15November 3, 2022 6:49 AM

Are Andy and Anderson doing their horribly gauche New Year’s Eve broadcast again?

by Anonymousreply 16November 3, 2022 1:48 PM

Jake does seem destined for an SVP role some consulting firm. It would kill him, because his arrogance suggest he is a crusading journalist of the highest order not some idiot who wants to be on TV. So that would be really entertaining. The money won't be bad.

by Anonymousreply 17November 3, 2022 2:01 PM

One other thought: it really is an idiotic career. Your options narrow every year. The business is less profitable, there are less places to work. If you want to pursue it, you better have a sharp exit strategy, because one way or another there will come a day you're out.

by Anonymousreply 18November 3, 2022 2:02 PM

Jake still has his career as a writer.

by Anonymousreply 19November 3, 2022 4:57 PM

More like Jake is a “writer.”

by Anonymousreply 20November 3, 2022 5:19 PM

Interesting Jake Tapper soo jealous of Chris Cuomo & couldn’t even cut it in his slot.

by Anonymousreply 21November 3, 2022 6:36 PM

CNN's new morning program, CNN This Morning, drew dismal viewership for its premiere episode on Tuesday.

The program, hosted by Poppy Harlow, Don Lemon, and Kaitlan Collins, brought in 387,000 total viewers, only 71,000 of which were of the coveted 25-54 demographic.

The show aired from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., competing with Fox News's Fox and Friends and MSNBC's Morning Joe. Fox and Friends blew CNN out of the water with a whopping 1.452 million viewers, and Morning Joe came in second with 793,000 total viewers, according to Nielsen data.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 3, 2022 6:39 PM

I would not place a Don Lemon on a panel. He is too big a personality to compete with two additional voices to be heard.

by Anonymousreply 23November 3, 2022 6:41 PM

OK, putting on my tinhat, maybe they set him up to fail so that when they can the black gay they've got something to hide behind.

by Anonymousreply 24November 3, 2022 7:30 PM

Security cameras for the Pelosi home weren’t ‘actively monitored,’ Capitol Police admit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 3, 2022 7:35 PM

I know you guys don't like him, but I think firing Cuomo was mistake. Unlike dull Jake Tapper, Cuomo has just 'it'. He has star power, is chatty, likeable and easy on the eyes. It's quality that is hard to find and obviously most current CNN hosts are lacking.

And honestly, I don't give a fuck about CNN's integrity or journalistic standards or that he advised his brother. Those days are long gone. When I compare Cuomo to these corrupt Fox News scumbags, he's basically a saint. Freaking Hannity, Tucker Carlson and Ingraham were all texting and colluding with Trump, but Cuomo can't talk to his brother?

by Anonymousreply 26November 3, 2022 7:38 PM

I totally agree with you, r26

by Anonymousreply 27November 3, 2022 7:39 PM

R6, R16, lmfao!

by Anonymousreply 28November 3, 2022 7:40 PM

WTH HAPPENED to CNN? "The Most Trusted Name in News". Please don't crucify me for saying this. When Princess Diana was killed, it was constant coverage for DAYS. That's when I remember a gradual change in all news. Competition I guess. Now its more like newscasters are celebrities. Fox news helped along The death of real news.

by Anonymousreply 29November 3, 2022 7:50 PM

R26

100% Chris has that star quality ⭐️

Jake does not, the type of jealous guy who would take his enemies out. Anderson & Don Lemon have that primetime sparkle as well.

Jake is probably seething at all that negative twitter articles calling him a loser.

by Anonymousreply 30November 3, 2022 10:38 PM

[quote]Now its more like newscasters are celebrities.

R29 Absolutely. Few of them actually report news. They offer personal opinions, make feeble attempts at humor, try to look glamorous, The annual Press Dinner in DC that used to be exclusively reporters/journalists now includes B to D list celebs. It looks like the Golden Globes.

by Anonymousreply 31November 3, 2022 11:05 PM

Acosta could be a great newscaster and is HAF

by Anonymousreply 32November 4, 2022 12:14 AM

Tapper's ratings were so bad he didn't even survive a full month on prime time. He even promoted Jared Kushner's book and introduced all these right-wing talking points, but viewers just hate him. How fucking embarrassing for him. I guess Licht will fire the morning trio next after seeing the current ratings.

by Anonymousreply 33November 4, 2022 12:29 AM

CNN has too many anchors. The schedule should be divided 6-9, 9-noon, noon - 1, 1 - 3, 3 -6 and then I don't know what you do after that.

by Anonymousreply 34November 4, 2022 1:23 AM

R34 I agree plus, with few exceptions, they have a very weak line-up of 'expert' contributors.

by Anonymousreply 35November 4, 2022 1:40 AM

Jake can’t let it go about Afghanistan…especially days before the midterms.

Must have begged Tom Cotton to be on his failing primetime show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 4, 2022 5:33 AM

YES just the tip, Tapper!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 4, 2022 6:29 AM

Jake is stirring the pot about the midterms on twitter this morning.

Tapper always searching for the likes and clickbait for validation due to being a fucking crappy news reader.

by Anonymousreply 38November 4, 2022 1:34 PM

#FIRE JAKE TAPPER

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 5, 2022 10:42 AM

If Jake is fired, he can always write sensationalized novels about the "War Against Christmas".

by Anonymousreply 40November 5, 2022 1:07 PM

The cherry on top would be Jake Tapper getting fired from CNN.

Can’t cut it in primetime, can’t cut it in daytime. Gaslighting due to being an old, washed up entertainment reporter.

🍒

by Anonymousreply 41November 5, 2022 1:29 PM

I'm going back to R34. Between 6 and 6 pm Monday to Friday there are thirteen anchors counting the showless Berman and fat Keebler. Let's assume that's 25M in salaries right there, before you get into benefits, wardrobe, car services, assistants etc. etc. etc.

by Anonymousreply 42November 5, 2022 1:55 PM

If you are looking at anchor salaries that could give big savings, Anderson Cooper makes $14 million a year so he can run up on stage to prance with Madonna.and share his banana with her gay chorus boys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 5, 2022 10:22 PM

Jake Tapper can suck it. He has very conservative relatives in Canada and chose to believe them and their criticism of Canada's covid response. Then when Canadians who aren't inbred conservative hicks told Jake the truth, he labeled them "Truanon," a phrase right-wing nutbars in Canada have used against anyone liberal and pro-vax ever since. Tapper's an ass and needs to be reminded every single day of the vaccine , death, hospitalization rates in Canada vs the US.

by Anonymousreply 44November 5, 2022 10:40 PM

Ronna McDaniel, GOP chairwoman, is a guest on CNN today. Marc Short (Pence chief of staff) on the panel. While Fox News is almost exclusively interviewing GOP candidates every day and giving them a major platform, CNN is working hard now that Democrats will lose in the midterms. Basically all CNN articles are negative. Dem chair worried candidate x will lose his seat, Manchin criticizing Biden about coal statements etc.

I fucking hate these assholes.

by Anonymousreply 45November 6, 2022 1:16 PM

What are they supposed to do, R45?

by Anonymousreply 46November 6, 2022 2:03 PM

R44 Sounds like he is not a DL friend. Girls sell your books! He’s done.

by Anonymousreply 47November 6, 2022 2:09 PM

He criticized Canada without even knowing how our system works. I know most Americans don't know, and probably don't care, but when you're a CNN anchor and you make a statement, the facts you spout should be correct.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 6, 2022 2:54 PM

[quote]Unlike dull Jake Tapper, Cuomo has just 'it'. He has star power,

Maybe among New Yorkers he has "star power" but everyone I know thinks he was a blowhard. His type doesn't play so well in the rest of the country.

by Anonymousreply 49November 6, 2022 3:38 PM

Tomorrow night should be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 50November 7, 2022 4:59 PM

Who will be the 1st to go???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 7, 2022 11:07 PM

Anderson Cooper is 💯 better than Jake Tapper.

He is a real journalist that doesn’t do Tapper showboat clickbait crap.

Nancy looks good tonight.

by Anonymousreply 52November 8, 2022 12:27 AM

I love anderson.He's probably the only one she trusts to get it right.

by Anonymousreply 53November 8, 2022 12:30 AM

R53

Nancy would never talk to Tapper. She’s too smart for his bullshit.

Seems like she might retire after this term.

by Anonymousreply 54November 8, 2022 12:35 AM

IT was a wonderful interview. Anderson was humane but he wasn't there to be obsequous or kiss ass.. He was kind and respectful, but he asked probing questions. Nancy is always touted as being a strong woman, but she also showed some vulnerability in a good way. And she has a damned sharp mind. She didn't bite her tongue either. She made it clear where the blame was for this toxic dangerous atmosphere. She said we have to come together, but the GOP has to have some adult leadership. And even tonight while he was campaigning, Trump called her an animal.

by Anonymousreply 55November 8, 2022 3:10 AM

Ugh this tweet…

Kids aim to be an Anderson, not a Tapper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56November 8, 2022 10:12 AM

CNN should do marathons of Style with Elsa Klensch and can all the self important talking heads. Bring back Flip Spiceland to cover the weather too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 8, 2022 10:48 AM

It's awesome of Tapper to continue to give the Orange Stain free airtime. Thanks, you droppy, bitter bitch.

by Anonymousreply 58November 8, 2022 12:55 PM

Jake's one of those men who suddenly start to age hard and fast. Where a few years ago he seemed smart and energetic and kind of sexy in crusading journalist kind of way, now he seems sour, saggy and that voice is like sticking needles in your ear.

by Anonymousreply 59November 8, 2022 2:12 PM

R59, I agree, especially about the voice.

by Anonymousreply 60November 8, 2022 3:02 PM

Any place that keeps that piece of fucking shit Kaitlan Collins on staff should go out of business.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 8, 2022 3:18 PM

Tapper is the one who believed Andy Ngo's tales of being attacked by "Antifa" with "concrete" and thanked him for his journalistic service, then when it became obvious Ngo was lying, he just quietly never mentioned it again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 8, 2022 3:25 PM

Collins was 17 year old. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 63November 8, 2022 3:57 PM

Oh No 🙈

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 8, 2022 7:08 PM

Thank you for your service, Wolf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65November 8, 2022 9:59 PM

I’ll take Tapper over Wolf. Wolf drives me crazy at big events like this.

by Anonymousreply 66November 8, 2022 10:31 PM

damn 😐

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67November 9, 2022 1:50 AM

I couldn't take Tapper tonight. He IS a pill. Switched to MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 68November 9, 2022 2:23 AM

[quote] Switched to MSNBC

Good move. They will tell you exactly what you hope to hear

by Anonymousreply 69November 9, 2022 2:26 AM

Jake Tapper is melting down.

by Anonymousreply 70November 9, 2022 4:17 AM

Wolf is an institution! He is in his early 70's and he is widely respected, highly educated and regarded as the eminent gris. Wise elder. Yes he can be annoying, but his style and his thoroughness cannot be duplicated. also he is beloved by his colleagues. Wolf has been there for every single significant thing that has happened.I want him back. In fact they can semi retire him, but bring him in for the big stuff. tapper, Collins, Burnett and Chris Cilizza they can put in a lead coffin and dump it in the sea.

by Anonymousreply 71November 9, 2022 1:38 PM

I'm watching CNN right now with John Berman at the results board, and Anderson Cooper anchoring and I am in LOVE. They work so well together. What a winning combination. Every now and then Alisyn Camerotta pops in and she is doing very good job when they go on a bathroom break. Or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 72November 9, 2022 3:12 PM

Now Anderson is interviewing Adam Kinzinger. He had that twinkle in his eye and the beginings of a secret smile. I'm here for it. Flirting thru the interview. Both of them.

by Anonymousreply 73November 9, 2022 3:21 PM

Maybe Wolf can co-anchor the coverage of the run-off election between Warnock and Walker.

by Anonymousreply 74November 9, 2022 7:46 PM

Is Wolf allowed back today?

Booted off election night... they basically fired him.

And Tapper was poor if hyper substitute. I had the feeling it was like everybody was trying to outperform everybody else so they don't get fired. CNN was very conservative about making calls, too. The overall vibe to me was paralysed.

by Anonymousreply 75November 9, 2022 7:58 PM

Wolf is not being fired, dumbasses. Wolf is cutting back. He can't do all nighters. He was on today earlier in the day. And I have to say it again, but the combination of John berman and Anderson is fire, baby.

by Anonymousreply 76November 9, 2022 11:24 PM

I will add that I 've seen Anderson with Tapper, and they have no chemistry. Nada.

by Anonymousreply 77November 9, 2022 11:25 PM

The election night coverage on CNN or MSNBC is useless. I remember staying up all night waiting for the results, but last night I didn't even bother. We usually have to wait weeks now before we get a winner.

by Anonymousreply 78November 9, 2022 11:32 PM

Then you missed out, R78. It got to be rather exciting by the early hours of the morning.

by Anonymousreply 79November 9, 2022 11:40 PM

CNN feels like the whole cast is auditioning to survive... it's got a tribal council vibe.

by Anonymousreply 80November 10, 2022 11:02 PM

“Don’t wave your finger in my face”-Kaitlan

“I will ALWAYS wave my finger in your face”-Don

by Anonymousreply 81November 10, 2022 11:14 PM

I was thinking about what it must be like to work with Don Lemon [italic]every morning.[/italic]. That desk is going to get frosty very soon.

by Anonymousreply 82November 10, 2022 11:21 PM

SOOO Jake Tapper is basically done, right?

by Anonymousreply 83November 12, 2022 1:34 PM

This is a screen shot from CNN Portugal. They should get the "casting director" for Portugal to help out CNN Atlanta.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84November 12, 2022 2:03 PM

Actually CNN has some good, and good looking reporters out here. And on the plus side I get what the suits may be going for. They want to cover the news. I separate their political coverage from their real news. I've been noticing they are doing more regular news. Like a news network. Before they would take one or two BIG STORIES and run them into the ground. Now the stories are more varied. On the minus side their political coverage stinks.

by Anonymousreply 85November 12, 2022 2:57 PM

Why do you think their political coverage stinks? I find it balanced, I really do, and I don't think that's bad. I think they have far more Democrat talking heads (good thing) than Republican and their Republicans are tolerable if annoying (but there are way worse out there. Remember Kayliegh Macaroni or whatever her name was?)

What I do see is a bloated cast of anchors and too much politics. Fat Stelter was pointlessly partisan (though following Fat Zucker's orders and he's well gone in my view.) They aren't a news network. (Which would be expensive.) I thought they were getting somewhere filling some of the dark hours with decent documentaries and the idea behind Chris Wallace's Sunday show isn't bad. I'm always wishing they'd bring back the Larry King format at nine. Balanced or imbalanced, there's still too much politics and it's over done.

But back to my question which I ask in good faith before you start screaming troll at anybody who doesn't toe the line: do you have examples of how the coverage stinks? Borger, Begala, Jones, Sellers, a bunch of new Dem faces... you can't argue they've gone Republican very effectively. They only seem to have two of them. Or maybe you can argue. I'm seriously interested in examples of how their political coverage stinks because I just don't see it.

by Anonymousreply 86November 12, 2022 3:22 PM

R86... again, separately: Where is Acosta these days? I haven't seen him this election and that's unusual. Sent to a House of Special Purpose?

by Anonymousreply 87November 12, 2022 3:23 PM

Hasn’t Acosta been on air the past few days. If not he needs to be back by the time Trump’s indicted.

by Anonymousreply 88November 12, 2022 11:35 PM

Who services Boris Sanchez? Does he allow other mens into his bed?

by Anonymousreply 89November 12, 2022 11:43 PM

Acosta was on this afternoon.He does weekend anchor in the afternoon for about 3 hours or so.

by Anonymousreply 90November 13, 2022 4:36 AM

Jake Tapper looking rough!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91November 14, 2022 8:21 PM

Alisyn Camerota who was moved to the 9-11PM slot with Laura Coates was back in her old 3PM time slot with Victor Blackwell today, that experiment didn't last very long.

by Anonymousreply 92November 14, 2022 9:32 PM

None of the experiments lasted long. Be interesting to see if Coates retains the slot.

by Anonymousreply 93November 14, 2022 9:37 PM

Erin Burnett must be worried...bshe's slimmed down and looks great.

by Anonymousreply 94November 14, 2022 11:02 PM

AC 8 - 10 tonight.

by Anonymousreply 95November 15, 2022 1:01 AM

[quote] Alisyn Camerota who was moved to the 9-11PM slot with Laura Coates was back in her old 3PM time slot with Victor Blackwell today, that experiment didn't last very long.

Yeah I was wrong about the hours Laura Coates and Alisyn Camerota show was on, it should be 10-12 PM

by Anonymousreply 96November 15, 2022 1:03 AM

Erin Burnett has a very annoying voice. But I looked her up and she has credentials if they want to focus on economic issues or the stock market or financial stuff. She should be doing the interviews with those kinds of people. I had no idea .

by Anonymousreply 97November 15, 2022 2:49 AM

R92 Good move for a change. That pairing did NOT work.

by Anonymousreply 98November 15, 2022 2:59 AM

Burnett's ratings are good (for CNN.)

by Anonymousreply 99November 15, 2022 3:01 AM

I'm a firm believer in the "If it ain't broke don't fix it..." adage. If the suits want to increase CNN's ratings they need to do a real news broadcast and I think that has been the direction they have been going in the past few weeks. I like being able to watch the news with some variety to it instead of covering one big story ad nauseam. All this musical chairs with their reporters and anchors is silly. Sciutto and Poppy Harlow were fine in the 9i-11 AM slot. And I just love John Berman. I don't mind Brianna Keilar's edgy ness.

I like John King. I can see them reducing Wolf's airtime. Anderson, Jim Sciutto, Jim Acosta, are good guys. They deserve more time. Dana BAsh has grown. She's good. I wish they would get John Harwood back. Laura Coates is really impressive. Gloria Borger is great. Very on point with her political analysis. They need to get rid of Chris Cilizza and Van Jones, both of whom are odious to me, and the silly ass Republican consultants. Bring up guys like Boris Sanchez who has earned a desk.

by Anonymousreply 100November 15, 2022 3:02 AM

Because Jake Tapper will always be jealous of Chris Cuomo. l

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101November 16, 2022 1:00 AM

Bet they're courting Muir.

by Anonymousreply 102November 16, 2022 2:54 PM

Who's their best rated anchor at night? Cooper?

by Anonymousreply 103November 16, 2022 2:57 PM

They could resurrect the still alive but disgraced Dan Rather and prop him up in front of a camera.

by Anonymousreply 104November 16, 2022 3:04 PM

Anderson is God.

by Anonymousreply 105November 16, 2022 3:41 PM

I had no idea Gloria Borger is 70 years old. Damn she looks good!

by Anonymousreply 106November 17, 2022 5:10 PM

OK. I've been watching CNN for the past two weeks and enjoying the fact that they are covering the news. Way more than they used to. I tune out the politics panels because no one knows WTF they're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 107November 18, 2022 1:28 AM

CNN honcho Chris Licht is facing scrutiny from staffers over the way he's treating demoted host Wolf Blitzer, with many believing the network's boss is kicking the TV veteran while he's down, RadarOnline.com has learned.

Licht's alleged mistreatment was evident last week when he attended a 30th-anniversary party for Blitzer's favorite restaurant Cafe Milano in Washington on Friday, forcing Wolf to skip the soirée as a last-minute fill-in for Chris' biggest blunder — primetime host Jake Tapper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108November 18, 2022 2:39 AM

I wish Laura Coates would change up her hair. That stick-straight parted in the middle look is not working and accentuates her giant forehead. Maybe loosen up, embrace some curls? Go natural, Laura. You’d look so much better.

by Anonymousreply 109November 18, 2022 2:45 AM

CNN’s new boss, Chris Licht, announced this week that more layoffs are soon to come at the struggling news network as Licht works to cut upwards of $100 million from the network’s budget, RadarOnline.com has learned. The surprising new development came on Wednesday during a tense town hall between the 51-year-old CEO and his staffers.

Although Licht did not provide specifics when Alisyn Camerota – the town hall’s moderator – asked who would be getting the axe, Licht did reveal those who are not part of CNN’s “core mission” are likely to be let go. Licht also revealed the next round of layoffs are scheduled to come as soon as early December.

The town hall reportedly grew more heated after Camerota questioned Licht over whether the upcoming layoffs are a result of the influence David Zaslav – who serves as CEO of Warner Bros. Discovery, the network’s parent company – has over CNN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110November 18, 2022 2:47 AM

NBC, CNN and now Twitter have been bought by conservative asswipes.

Coincidence?

Whole generations will now be raised on nothing but conservative “news” media.

I know a lot of DLers remember, but most people have no idea that 20/20 and Dateline NBC were investigative news programs. Not long, drawn out murder “mysteries.” I wonder how many Americans have grown up without seeing any investigative news in their whole lives.

by Anonymousreply 111November 18, 2022 3:48 AM

[quote] I wonder how many Americans have grown up without seeing any investigative news in their whole lives.

Fuck investigate reporting. We're Kingmakers !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112November 18, 2022 4:38 AM

Kara Swisher loves to make fun of Jake Tapper’s Book Club!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113November 19, 2022 8:05 PM

A bridge too far, even for CNN

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114November 19, 2022 8:08 PM

Surely the guy at r114 will be able to get a job with MSNBC and fit in there.

by Anonymousreply 115November 19, 2022 8:11 PM

Cillizza is OUT. Also:

[quote] CNN also parted ways with correspondents Alison Kosik, Alexandra Field, and Martin Savidge, as well as Mary Anne Fox, the VP of northeast news. Additionally, the network has also parted ways with several paid on-air contributors, reportedly including New Yorker staff writer Susan Glasser and Politico reporter Jonathan Martin.

Cillizza is a joke and good riddance, but Susan Glasser and Jonathan Martin were good. Some of these moves make no sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116December 2, 2022 1:20 AM

Glasser is a real loss. WTF don't they get rid of Van Jones?

by Anonymousreply 117December 2, 2022 1:23 AM

Chyron just now under a video of that volcano erupting in Hawaii: ‘What A Field Day For The Heat.’

A Boomer did that.

Can you name the early 70s song that’s from?

by Anonymousreply 118December 3, 2022 12:25 AM

R118 A thousand people in the street

by Anonymousreply 119December 3, 2022 12:26 AM

R118, Buffalo Springfield..."Something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear...."

by Anonymousreply 120December 3, 2022 12:35 AM

Tapper on his knees trying to save his job…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121December 3, 2022 6:18 AM

You know what? I'm going to give this new format a chance. They are attempting to be a news station. I for one am glad they aren't just focused on one big story, and lots of political analysis. I don't think we get enough news on all these so called news stations. Fox is a joke. MSNBC is a joke. ABC, CBS,NBC all of them devote too little time to the news. So let CNN do what they did back in the old days: Report the news.

by Anonymousreply 122December 3, 2022 9:45 PM

HLN should have been yanked off the air many years ago.

by Anonymousreply 123December 4, 2022 3:59 PM

Did Jake Tapper meltdown when another Democrat won??

by Anonymousreply 124December 7, 2022 10:26 AM

Van Jones and Scott Jennings are repulsive to me. And this former Lieutenant Gov. of Georgia, who looks like a handsome mannequin is scary. I kept watching him as it became clear Warnock won, and his face, his eyes, man,m this guy is a scary serial killer Religious nut type guy.

by Anonymousreply 125December 7, 2022 3:01 PM

When he wrote for the Washington Post he absolutely hated Hillary Clinton. He was merciless.

by Anonymousreply 126December 7, 2022 4:00 PM

Who, R126?

by Anonymousreply 127December 7, 2022 4:29 PM

Scott Jennings contributes nothing but partisan commentary... he seems incapable of saying anything though any objective lens. Van is fine, a bit woke.

by Anonymousreply 128December 7, 2022 7:19 PM

R125 is referring to Geoff Duncan. He looks like a mannequin. His skin is very waxy.

by Anonymousreply 129December 8, 2022 2:41 AM

R129 now he's a religious Conservative very buttoned down, tightly wound, and if I discovered him in a closet I would not be surprised. He looks like a fucking Mormon. But he isn't. He is the Southern Religious type.

by Anonymousreply 130December 8, 2022 2:00 PM

In that case, R130, I'm surprised DL isn't hotter for him.

by Anonymousreply 131December 8, 2022 2:55 PM

[quote] A Boomer did that.

Who probably first heard it here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132December 13, 2022 1:49 AM

R 127 Chris Cillizza hated Hillary Clinton

by Anonymousreply 133December 13, 2022 2:01 AM

R132 you can tell their British. The lead singer has terrible teeth.

by Anonymousreply 134December 13, 2022 2:19 AM

Yup Jake Tapper is a hack.

Lawrence O’Donnell calls it how it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135December 13, 2022 7:36 AM

R134, you can tell you're American. It's they're.

by Anonymousreply 136December 13, 2022 2:09 PM

LOVE LOD took out JT.

by Anonymousreply 137December 14, 2022 1:55 AM

Buffalo Springfield was half Canadian musicians and half American musicians - no Brits.

by Anonymousreply 138December 14, 2022 2:27 AM

Can we get a link to this takedown? I'd love to see it. Think skinned, sour Tapper would writhe in private.

by Anonymousreply 139December 14, 2022 12:37 PM

Ana Cabrera, anchor of CNN's 1pm weekday show, has confirmed earlier reports that she is leaving the network.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140December 15, 2022 2:31 PM

Jake Tapper and Don Lemon will be the last to leave this sinking ship!

by Anonymousreply 141December 15, 2022 8:02 PM

Lemon needs to go tomorrow! I watched a whole week's worth of his new morning show and he is so weak it is mystifying how he has a job.

by Anonymousreply 142December 15, 2022 9:24 PM

Jake Tapper will take PRESS anyway he can get it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143December 16, 2022 2:52 PM

R142: is he still doing all the talking? I can't stand the braying ass so I haven't watched. Kaitlan Collins comes across like a really athletic girl who married a Republican and spends her days at the country club. Poppy Harlow is fine but with those two on the desk, sorry, babe.

by Anonymousreply 144December 16, 2022 3:00 PM

R144, I actually didn't mind Poppy and Kaitlin. It was Lemon who was just like a fucking hall monitor, and intrusive and out of sync.

by Anonymousreply 145December 16, 2022 3:49 PM

Jake Tapper retweeted that Taylor Swift liked his daughter’s twitter post. And Twitter CAME for Tapper. Calling out his elite white privilege. He deleted the post & now he has turned his comments off.

KARMA.

by Anonymousreply 146January 9, 2023 6:33 AM

Oh the post is back.

Once again Jake Tapper is a fucking tool.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147January 9, 2023 6:38 AM

[quote][R134], you can tell you're American. It's they're.

You must not get out much. I’ve seen appalling grammar and syntax from Brits as well as Americans.

by Anonymousreply 148January 9, 2023 6:39 AM

Who's where? I haven't see Berman or Camerota or. Victor Blackwell or that fat girl. Culled?

by Anonymousreply 149January 10, 2023 2:55 AM

Sadly, DL fave Suzanne Malveaux is also leaving CNN after 20 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150January 10, 2023 6:31 AM

R150, she was barely on these past ten years. I Remember her from 20 years ago, but in recent years it seemed as if she was definitely part time so I'm not surprised.

by Anonymousreply 151January 10, 2023 12:03 PM

I'm surprised to read she was still with them. She must have been deeply behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 152January 10, 2023 12:46 PM

How's DL fav Chris Cuomo doing in obscurity, my brothers?

by Anonymousreply 153January 10, 2023 3:58 PM

Chris Cuomo's new show is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 154January 10, 2023 4:03 PM

Where's the very hot and handsome John Berman been hiding on CNN ?

And whatever happened to Lynne Russell, one of the originals at CNN / HLN back in the say when it was respectable ? She knew her stuff and was a very good anchor.

by Anonymousreply 155January 10, 2023 4:08 PM

Do you think Colbert would take Licht back?

by Anonymousreply 156January 10, 2023 4:48 PM

Big changes...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157January 12, 2023 2:34 AM

CNN on the way ⬇️

by Anonymousreply 158January 12, 2023 10:09 AM

As someone who doesn't really want to rely on Fox News or MSNBC, I would love a quality news outlet that actually managed to be neutral, fair and honest.

by Anonymousreply 159January 12, 2023 11:36 AM

I don't get tucking Camerota at 10 pm... she had off the charts chemistry with Berman so you think they'd pair them somewhere (even at ten.) I wonder if it's one of those lets put her somewhere until she quits. They still haven't given away the 9 pm. hour permanently. Victor Blackwell is going back to Atlanta to host the mornings there? What mornings? Adding to "chemistry" with John Berman, Kate Bolduan and Sara Sidner or Brianna Keilar, Boriz Sanchez and Jim Sciutto? It's too many anchors. It's weird. I think the strategy is to ride it out until contracts expire and then not renew. I'd put money on Blackwell, Keilar and Sciutto all moving on at contract end. This is some weird decision making.

by Anonymousreply 160January 12, 2023 12:03 PM

I don't think Sciutto is going anywhere in the immediate future. First of all he has outstanding credentials in the area of international with the Intelligence and foreign desk stuff. Second, when he "fell" while on assignment and took a leave for a couple of months they had a chance to kiss him good bye and they didn'T. I like Victor Blackwell and John Berman. Acosta, Sciutto both doing a good job as is John King. As for the women I wish Erin Burnett would leave. I can't stand her. I think Abbie Phillips is doing a good job. Dana Bash is excellent and Brianna Keilar and Kasie Hunt are excellent. Legal analyst, Laura Coates is brilliant. They need to get rid of the Republican "political analysts" on their panels and WTF is Jake Tapper getting so much time at 4 PM? I can't stand him. I'd rather watch paint dry. ...or Wolf Blitzer. Not Wolf is in his 70's. His runway is very short.

by Anonymousreply 161January 12, 2023 2:05 PM

Jake Tapper needs to go.

He is past his expiration date.

by Anonymousreply 162January 13, 2023 7:51 AM

[R162] He was passably fuckable many years ago. Next!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163January 13, 2023 11:24 AM

CNN is considering hiring a comedian to host one of its prime time shows.

The “news entertainment” personality could fill the primetime 9 to 11 p.m. hours with a nontraditional version of the news, five people familiar with the planning said. CNN executives have floated names including Bill Maher, Trevor Noah, Arsenio Hall, and Jon Stewart, and have looked at other comedic news-focused talk shows for inspiration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164January 16, 2023 12:09 AM

Now convinced this Chris Licht guy just wants to take CNN down. This is not network TV, it’s fucking 24/7 cable news.

by Anonymousreply 165January 16, 2023 12:39 PM

He just moved Camerota to 10 pm and left nine empty. I think a lot of those anchors are on borrowed time, he's just waiting for contracts to expire. It's cheaper.

by Anonymousreply 166January 16, 2023 1:51 PM

Also, what's up with that greasy ass hair?

by Anonymousreply 167January 16, 2023 1:53 PM

It's so funny that awful Jeff Zucker risked & lost his job for equally awful chris cuomo, who is stinking up NewsNation. Watch 30 minutes of the cringefest he's got going on every night. He must say, "my brother" a minimum of 30 times during an hour

by Anonymousreply 168January 16, 2023 4:00 PM

And you know it's eating him alive. Icarus. Never looked better on anybody.

by Anonymousreply 169January 16, 2023 4:03 PM

Don't die, CNN. Get up!! We love you!!!

by Anonymousreply 170January 16, 2023 5:33 PM

What would Jake Tapper do if CNN kicked the bucket?

by Anonymousreply 171January 16, 2023 7:22 PM

CNN isn't going anywhere. Believe it or not there really is an actual news vaccum. We have the network news from ABC, NBC, CBS, and we have commentary and propaganda from Fox, and MSNBC. We have some analysis and news from Public broadcasting. But CNN really was the first 24 hour cable news service and if they start being true journalists again they might actually become as indispensable as they were back in the 90's when they first started. Now Discovery is playing around and they need to get rid of this guy, but maybe they will realize what potential they have.

by Anonymousreply 172January 16, 2023 8:40 PM

I'm not sure we can put that genie back in the bottle, R172. All news now is propaganda for one side or the other. Granted, some are more extreme than the rest but I can't think of a single news outlet that is truly neutral and unbiased. News is dead, and that's just how the powers that be want it.

by Anonymousreply 173January 16, 2023 9:57 PM

WTF is up with AC360 spending 3/4 of its two hour airtime to the Ana Walshe murder? Like, who gives a fuck about that except for Chris Licht? Anderson can’t be too pleased his show is being turned into Dateline.

by Anonymousreply 174January 19, 2023 2:52 AM

It all feels a little chaotic and desperate lately.

by Anonymousreply 175January 19, 2023 2:57 AM

[quote]WTF is up with AC360 spending 3/4 of its two hour airtime to the Ana Walshe murder? Like, who gives a fuck about that except for Chris Licht? Anderson can’t be too pleased his show is being turned into Dateline.

All the news (except for fox and I don't know about msnbc) is turning into Dateline. People are fascinated with all these cases (Gabby Petito, Idaho Murders, Ana Walshe, etc, etc). Headline News is only news for about 4 to 6 hours a day. The rest of the time is either devoted to Forensic Files or some other true crime programs

It's easy work for the networks. They just repeat whatever the sheriff's department releases and they don't have fact check anything or investigate anything.

by Anonymousreply 176January 19, 2023 1:26 PM

That so feels like the decision of somebody who isn't actually a journalist.

by Anonymousreply 177January 19, 2023 3:24 PM

Bill Weir drives me crazy. I get a sense of too many feelings.

by Anonymousreply 178January 19, 2023 11:29 PM

Jake Tapper is a washed up news reader.

by Anonymousreply 179February 6, 2023 8:17 AM

Jake Tapper = FOOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180February 6, 2023 8:37 AM

Obama the Great's Secretary of Defense agrees with Tapper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181February 6, 2023 8:50 AM

Photo Proof that Jake Tapper is NO longer hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182February 6, 2023 9:54 PM

R182 - Yes, but in all fairness, all three look like they were using the funhouse filter on that photo.

by Anonymousreply 183February 6, 2023 10:05 PM

R180 Then why did the Chinese do it? If the argument that you and lil Petey are making is that “there is so big deal, because the Chinese already soy on us with satellites” then why did the Chinese send it?

Tapper pushing back on the administration doesn’t make him a right wing mouthpiece, it makes him a journalist.

by Anonymousreply 184February 6, 2023 10:07 PM

Tapper looks like Michael Gove in that photo, which is not a good look in any sense.

by Anonymousreply 185February 7, 2023 12:23 PM

IF you use tick tock, or you talk to Alexa, or you use electronic devices like iPhones or computers etc.etc.etc. I find it laughable that people are so bent out of shape with this balloon bullshit. And why was t here no outcry when all those balloons were gathering data while Trump was POTUS? Fuck this . It's a tasty morsel for a low news day, but it is not a major intelligence crisis. Not as if we worked for the FBI and were getting money from RUssian oligarchs to suppress information during investigations. Not as if we were sharing Intel with MBS in Saudi Arabia or maybe in bed with Putin in Helsinki? Right???

by Anonymousreply 186February 7, 2023 3:37 PM

[quote] there no outcry when all those balloons were gathering data while Trump was POTUS?

Maybe because the military didn't find the balloons back then. Neither NORAD nor the CIA noticed. Just like another prior Biden balloon was also undetected.

by Anonymousreply 187February 7, 2023 3:53 PM

R187, so maybe these aren't so much "spy balloons" but they're tests to see how to go undetected.

by Anonymousreply 188February 7, 2023 4:38 PM

The bias that exists is dreadful. Can we be adults? It's not a good thing that a spy balloon hovered over the US under Trump and Biden's watch. Our goverment needs to be on top of this. China can use TikTok and our phones to spy on the public all they want. We don't have classified info on defensive weapons. It doesn't equate with the balloon scoping out where our arsenal lays.

by Anonymousreply 189February 7, 2023 4:49 PM

The mission of the balloon was to show that it could openly traverse the U.S. and President Biden would stand by and do nothing. Mission accomplished. There was no other purpose for a completely out in the open "spy balloon".

by Anonymousreply 190February 7, 2023 5:01 PM

[quote] maybe these aren't so much "spy balloons" but they're tests to see how to go undetected.

If so the experiment has been quite successful.

And instead of 2000 pounds of electronic listening gear that could as easily carried AN EMP nuke weapon that would have blanked out all electronics in several hundred thousand square miles.

Using air-to-air missiles like the F-22’s specifically against balloons this one would be a challenge. This is because high-altitude balloons, despite being massive in some cases, can have a remarkably low signature, which creates guidance problems for missiles.

“[Balloons] have extremely small radar and thermal cross sections, making them relatively invulnerable to most traditional tracking and targeting methods,” read a report published by the Airpower Research Institute. “Estimates of their radar cross sections are on the order of hundredths of a square meter, about the same as a small bird. They also tend to move very slowly compared to traditional airborne targets, almost drifting on the wind similar to the chaff that modern Doppler radars are designed to ignore.”

In many cases, radars use Doppler shift — the movement of the target in relation to the sensor — for detection. If something is moving very slowly, the radar will either not detect it or actively filter out the target, depending on its mode and capabilities.

by Anonymousreply 191February 7, 2023 5:09 PM

R191, them Chineses is smort.

by Anonymousreply 192February 7, 2023 5:26 PM

Don't we have nuclear submarines traversing the globe all the time? (and don't they?) I would have said the Russians too but I think they're a bit busy doing other things but maybe enough left to take out a west coast city.

Sending nukes in a big old balloon seems a bit odd, when you can just send your submarine to Los Angeles, Washington, London, Shanghai, Vladivostok, whatever. And then you do it and they do it back to you.

I guess I didn't have this nuclear deterrence thing understood very well.

by Anonymousreply 193February 7, 2023 7:21 PM

Is Chris Licht and the big guys at CNN embarrassed when their Chief Anchor & $13 million man, Jake Tapper, is begging people to buy his books on social media?

by Anonymousreply 194February 7, 2023 8:45 PM

R188 has the right idea, IMO

by Anonymousreply 195February 7, 2023 10:19 PM

Tapper is paid 13 million? Small wonder they're broke. That's absurd. For any of their "talent."

by Anonymousreply 196February 8, 2023 1:11 PM

Jake Tapper is no talent-

He is a clickbait, washed-up tool.

by Anonymousreply 197February 8, 2023 11:32 PM

Here’s a revelation: Watch CSPAN, where the only “opinions” are the viewers calling in or the broadcast event panelists discussing issues; and otherwise, the anchors simply present the news but don’t make it or give their unneeded personal viewpoints about it.

by Anonymousreply 198February 8, 2023 11:53 PM

R198 FTW

by Anonymousreply 199February 9, 2023 12:01 AM

FTW? Is that Female To Whale?

by Anonymousreply 200February 10, 2023 11:51 AM

Licht is now in negotiations to bring Charles Barkley to CNN for a news-oriented primetime show. Yes, Charles Barkley.

Barkley would interview newsmakers, journalists, and other guests about various topics of the day. The conceit is that a genuine, outspoken, often humorous figure like Barkley might be a bigger draw than the traditional self-serious newsman, and might be better suited to ask guests the kinds of questions that average Americans actually care about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201February 10, 2023 9:00 PM

R201

STOP IT!!!!

by Anonymousreply 202February 10, 2023 9:32 PM

Honestly, I would welcome another Larry King-type show. But I don't think Barkley is the right choice to helm it. And it sounds like this would be exclusively news-oriented as opposed to Larry's mix of news and celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 203February 10, 2023 9:41 PM

Is Barkley the funny basketball player with all the silly quips - like "we just got whooped." I know next to nothing about the sport but did watch a bit when Michael Jordan and the Bulls were the cat's meow -- maybe it was Karl Malone?? Anyway, besides Rodman, there was another one who was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 204February 10, 2023 10:34 PM

I wo nder who is out here who could do a Larry King -type show? Maybe Joy Behar? But she's too old she'd only last a couple years. They need someone in their 50's . I'll be honest. I have watched Chris Wallace's talk show on CNN and I enjoyed it. It is more structured than Larry King, who sort of freestyled.

by Anonymousreply 205February 10, 2023 10:40 PM

I still miss Rosie O'Donnell. God I loved her sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 206February 10, 2023 10:45 PM

I wonder who is out here who could do a Larry King -type show? Maybe Joy Behar?

Behar would definitely draw viewers... to every other channel.

by Anonymousreply 207February 10, 2023 10:46 PM

Sports personalities may not be a bad choice - John McEnroe? Johnny Weir?

The football ones are probably too brain damaged.

by Anonymousreply 208February 10, 2023 10:47 PM

Jake Tapper is a good interviewer. He always follows up when someone dodges the question. I haven't seen him as much under this new management. He may be urged to pull his punches against crazy republicans.

I will say this about CNN. As far as I know, they haven't brought back Jeffrey Lord. Have they brought back Mr. Sweater Vest?

by Anonymousreply 209February 10, 2023 10:48 PM

Oh 😮

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210February 16, 2023 7:13 AM

Backstabber Jake

by Anonymousreply 211February 16, 2023 8:28 AM

Jake is always numero uno in his book.

by Anonymousreply 212February 16, 2023 10:46 AM

Don Lemon told his two female co-hosts this morning that women in their 50s are not in their prime and shouldn't run for president. Of course, he added "according to Google". Don Lemon is 56 years old and thinks only women in their 20s, 30s and "maybe" 40s are in their prime. He doesn't care if a 70 or 80 year old man/corpse runs for president or that almost every president was already over 60. But a 50 year old woman? Nope. Not in her prime. Shouldn't run for president.

What a piece of shit. I hope they fire him.

by Anonymousreply 213February 16, 2023 6:57 PM

He’s apologized.

by Anonymousreply 214February 16, 2023 11:03 PM

Don Lemon sucks my pussay.

by Anonymousreply 215February 17, 2023 1:34 AM

I wonder if anyone got through his thick skull WHY what he said was wrong - or if he's just trying to redeem his reputation, such as it is.

by Anonymousreply 216February 17, 2023 1:39 AM

[quote] Don Lemon told his two female co-hosts this morning that women in their 50s are not in their prime and shouldn't run for president.

If a Fox anchor had said the same thing there would be a firestorm. But this will be shrugged off.

by Anonymousreply 217February 17, 2023 4:09 AM

Don Lemon is a fucking tool, just like Jake Tapper.

by Anonymousreply 218February 17, 2023 5:03 AM

I wonder if he's getting another day off?

by Anonymousreply 219February 17, 2023 12:14 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220February 17, 2023 12:44 PM

Don, you in trouble girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221February 20, 2023 10:12 AM

Oh!!!!! This CNN Soap Opera is getting good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222February 20, 2023 10:45 AM

Seems obvious to me after several years Don Lemon is someone of a little less than usual intelligence, no common sense and a massive ego. Nothing will change. He either stays or he goes.

by Anonymousreply 223February 20, 2023 2:32 PM

1st Chris Cuomo, now Don Lemon.

Who’s next—Tapper?

by Anonymousreply 224February 20, 2023 3:54 PM

[quote] He’s apologized.

For all of it? There's so much ground for him to cover. Which year is he starting with?

by Anonymousreply 225February 20, 2023 10:08 PM

He got a slap on the wrist and agreed to undergo "formal training". He will be back on air on Wednesday. I read his colleagues are not amused and hate his misogynistic ass. Wasn't this a great opportunity to get rid of him? There were rumors the new owner hates him, but he only got a slap on the wrist.

by Anonymousreply 226February 21, 2023 6:20 AM

R226 - The punishment was not giving him a slap on the ass.

by Anonymousreply 227February 21, 2023 11:15 AM

Let’s count Don Lemon’s days!

by Anonymousreply 228February 21, 2023 11:53 AM

I'm not sure he could have said what he said about any other group and gotten away with it, but it was just women, so training it is.

by Anonymousreply 229February 21, 2023 12:16 PM

Totally, hate to say it, but we know why Donnie is getting a pass.

by Anonymousreply 230February 21, 2023 2:50 PM

As with R230, I also think they've cut a deal: we'll say training unless it becomes untenable and then allow you to resign rather than fire you. I don't think this is necessarily over.

But I am sorry to agree with R230, too... the thing is, they've got all these talents they're afraid to fire if they want to. There is a columnist in the Toronto Star who says stuff bordering on hate, IMO, but you know they're terrified to fire her.

by Anonymousreply 231February 21, 2023 3:02 PM

Jake Tapper fell in line, Don Lemon did not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232May 2, 2023 8:15 AM

What are these people going to do when Trump dies?

by Anonymousreply 233May 2, 2023 8:21 AM

Boycott CNN

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234May 8, 2023 6:58 AM

Jake Tapper’s wife looks very manly.

Definitely not an attractive choice for a spouse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235May 13, 2023 8:00 AM

[quote] “Noticeable change” is coming to CNN. Maybe Wolf will finally be given his walking papers?

The noticeable change is a solid drift to the far right.

by Anonymousreply 236May 13, 2023 8:05 AM

When Obama called out Jake Tapper on his journalistic integrity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237May 15, 2023 6:53 AM

[quote] Buffalo Springfield..."Something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear...."

This was played by EVERY documentary about the 1960s from 1970 til about the year 2000.

The documentary would open with Civil Rights, showing cross burnings, George Wallace, little black girls walking past white people whose faces were distorted with hatred, MLK, Malcolm X, riots in cities….

Then they’d start “the youth rebellion” section of the doco, showing long haired hippies burning draft cards, swaying at music festivals and flashing two fingered peace signs. . The youth segment *always* started to the soundtrack of For What It’s Worth.

When the doco got to the war in Vietnam, they’d play Fortunate Son by Creedence and show helicopters - Huey, Chinook, Sikorsky -taking off, flying over jungle and then landing, dispensing 20 year olds with rifles, wearing helmets too big for them.

I can’t remember the Civil Rights sections opening with a soundtrack, though. Does anyone remember if they used music? I’d have used Dancing in the Street. “Calling out around the world are you ready for a brand new beat?”

I remember Classical Gas was a favorite of the makers of documentaries about 1960s. They’d do lots of collages of Chicago DNC riots (blood running down faces of demonstrators, police wielding batons), Apollo 13 liftoff, men bouncing on the moon, police spraying black people with hoses, Woodstock, Manson family and Altamont.

by Anonymousreply 238May 17, 2023 3:17 PM

[quote] R132] you can tell their British. The lead singer has terrible teeth.

The lead singer is Steven Stills of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young and his teeth were fine.

Russians get everything wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239May 17, 2023 3:31 PM

CNN's ratings are rightfully tanking, coming in under FOX News, MSNBC, and even NewsMax.

CNN and Twitter are on identical trajectories it seems... both bought by a right-wing billionaire who have abandoned the actual viewers/users/customers trying to appeal to right-wing fascist bigoted morons who basically hate the company.

So, you know... they'll both be dead soon unless they course correct. No sign of that happening.

by Anonymousreply 240May 17, 2023 4:12 PM

I won't watch anymore, and have deleted the CNN app from my phone.

by Anonymousreply 241May 18, 2023 2:39 PM

Jake Tapper sold his soul. Power & Revelance is an addiction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242May 23, 2023 8:02 AM

Here we go!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243June 2, 2023 3:01 PM

"CEO Chris Licht felt he was on a mission to restore the network’s reputation for serious journalism."

Bwa, ha, ha ! LMAO! That was never his mission. Just another periodical puff piece.

by Anonymousreply 244June 2, 2023 3:34 PM

Here's a non-paywall version of the story at R243:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245June 2, 2023 3:37 PM

Licht sees himself doing a good job if he caters to a Republican audience. He must be succeeding because I watched the station occasionally in the past and never watch it now. I'm very unhappy with MSNBC and spend less time watching TV news. I am watching BBC and PBS a bit more than in the past.

by Anonymousreply 246June 2, 2023 4:39 PM

R244, read the article, you ninny.

by Anonymousreply 247June 2, 2023 6:41 PM

Licht sounds like a total douchebag and asshole. The new program with Gayle King is his only hope, if that doesn't work he's toast. That article stops short of saying the entire staff hates him, and everything he's touched has been a fail.

by Anonymousreply 248June 2, 2023 7:45 PM

Damn, that Atlantic article has done Licht in. I bet he'll totally resign by next week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249June 3, 2023 1:00 AM

Gayle King is the very definition of a mediocrity. If she wasn’t Oprah’s gal pal she’d be stuck on Wake Up, Toledo! until she got too old. She’ll be a disaster on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 250June 4, 2023 4:02 AM

I hope he enjoys the last few days of being in his office up on the 22nd floor!

by Anonymousreply 251June 4, 2023 4:06 AM

Could there be a silver lining? If CNN pulls off some of the Rs from Fox - and the others ones, NewsNation or OANN, whatever they are, then maybe the power of one or two voices (like Hannity and Carlson) will be blunted and the sheep will be confused about how to follow the pied piper and they'll segment more than they have been.

Well, I don't know. Isn't terrestrial tv dying anyway and Fox's average viewer is over 60?

by Anonymousreply 252June 4, 2023 4:13 AM

Chris Licht's brief was to attract more Republicans to CNN. Instead, he chased away Democrats with his Trump stunt. I don't think anyone could have succeeded where he failed. The problem is his bosses--their ideology and refusal to invest in news.

by Anonymousreply 253June 4, 2023 11:31 AM

Licht is the CEO of a huge corporation.

He will be paid many tens of millions of dollars for his brief reign of failure.

by Anonymousreply 254June 4, 2023 11:35 AM

Fail upwards, nepotism works

by Anonymousreply 255June 4, 2023 12:54 PM

If you caught last month’s disastrous CNN town hall with Donald Trump, there were a few things that likely stood out to you. The ex-president’s continued insistence that the 2020 election was “rigged,” obviously.

Or his claim that January 6 was actually Mike Pence’s fault.

Or his outrageous suggestion that before Roe v. Wade was overturned, people could “kill a baby in the ninth month…or after the baby is born,” and his disgraceful smears against writer E. Jean Carroll.

But in addition to the avalanche of lies, there was another aspect of the proceedings that made the live broadcast extremely weird and unsettling: The audience, which loudly cheered on Trump’s falsehoods throughout the night and laughed when he, for example, attacked the woman a jury had just found him liable of sexually abusing and defaming. And apparently, that was by design.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256June 4, 2023 11:00 PM

It was not a Town Hall setting. It was a CNN platformed Trump propaganda rally attended by Trump sycophants.

by Anonymousreply 257June 5, 2023 2:05 AM

A silo. The very thing AC scolded us about

by Anonymousreply 258June 5, 2023 2:08 AM

They tried to save face tonight with the Nikki Haley townhall. Not working, fuckers!

by Anonymousreply 259June 5, 2023 2:33 AM

Did they pack the hall with Haley supporters? What does the audience look like? More cleaned up than the usual Trumpsters?

by Anonymousreply 260June 5, 2023 2:40 AM

R259, was the crowd extra Haley-y?

by Anonymousreply 261June 5, 2023 12:53 PM

CNN

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262June 7, 2023 5:24 PM

Gayle? You in DANGER, girl.

by Anonymousreply 263June 7, 2023 8:14 PM

Chris is Licked!

by Anonymousreply 264June 7, 2023 8:20 PM

Gayle has a contract and a girlfriend worth one billion, she is going to be OK

by Anonymousreply 265June 8, 2023 10:49 PM

2.5 billion, R265.

by Anonymousreply 266June 9, 2023 6:59 AM

Jake Tapper looks like a massive tool after this shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 267June 9, 2023 9:43 AM

Will drunk Andy & Anderson come back now?

by Anonymousreply 268June 12, 2023 5:09 AM

It seems CNN has even lost its advantage as the source for breaking news:

MSNBC topped cable news across the board on Friday, winning in both the total day and prime time averages of total viewers and in the key 25-54 age demographic.

MSNBC scored 1.46 million total day viewers and 179,000 demo viewers for first place. Fox News came in second with 1.28 million total day viewers and 136,000 demo viewers.

CNN, meanwhile, was in third place with 710,000 total viewers and 125,000 average total day demo viewers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269June 13, 2023 2:27 PM

95% of CNN's "breaking news" bulletins are pure hype and meaningless.

by Anonymousreply 270June 14, 2023 12:29 AM

CNN's Jeremy Diamond is asking Fox News-style inflammatory, nonsensical questions now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271June 15, 2023 9:25 AM

It's quite sad that Don Lemon is not around to pontificate over the missing submarine, while this hussy Kaitlan Collins is on during primetime. I hope they fire her as soon as someone with good sense starts running the network.

by Anonymousreply 272June 22, 2023 1:55 AM

R272 I guess they canned Laura Coates and gave that spot to Kaitlan Collins?

by Anonymousreply 273June 22, 2023 1:59 AM

What is Don Lemon doing now?

by Anonymousreply 274June 22, 2023 2:01 AM

I guess so r273 or they are rotating hosts? Abby Phillip is on now. She is very beautiful and a good anchor.

by Anonymousreply 275June 22, 2023 2:05 AM

I'm a wall-to-wall MSNBC loyalist except on Saturday afternoon when I switch to CNN to watch Jim Acosta because I can do without Symone Sanders, Al Sharpton and Alicia Menedez.

by Anonymousreply 276June 22, 2023 2:36 AM

I read that people think Newsnation is a great alternative for liberal and independent viewers. Their ratings are getting better. Cuomo is apparently their highest rated show with 200k viewers.

by Anonymousreply 277June 22, 2023 9:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!