Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Idiot New Yorkers Make Cocaine Their Last Delivery Order Ever

I have no sympathy for these people. Cocaine is for trash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182November 9, 2022 8:55 PM

I used to like coke, but you couldn't give me that shit for free these days. I'd make the delivery guy test it first

by Anonymousreply 1October 24, 2022 3:11 AM

Too bad HAGS is closed, they could have gotten some free test strips.

by Anonymousreply 2October 24, 2022 3:13 AM

I don’t do coke at all but Jesus, OP, that is just unnecessarily cruel.

by Anonymousreply 3October 24, 2022 3:13 AM

Why cut coke with a downer? This makes no sense in terms of the high clients seek. It's stupid business.

by Anonymousreply 4October 24, 2022 3:17 AM

R2 HA!

by Anonymousreply 5October 24, 2022 3:18 AM

FYI: narcan is becoming more scarce. Distribution requires a prescription now. While any pharmacy is supposed to readily supply it, many will give you a hassle.

by Anonymousreply 6October 24, 2022 3:19 AM

I have a friend who is still into coke. I think he has it delivered to his Hell's Kitchen place. Hopefully I won't read something like this about him. I've tried to get him to stop, but we all know how that goes.

by Anonymousreply 7October 24, 2022 3:21 AM

And Whitney says

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 24, 2022 3:23 AM

Why was he in a hotel room with two fugly girls?

by Anonymousreply 9October 24, 2022 3:23 AM

God his poor "partner" (don't know why they don't say girlfriend) just insult to injury.

by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2022 3:26 AM

Is there a test for fentanyl? If I were into coke I'd certainly stock up on them 😳

by Anonymousreply 11October 24, 2022 4:08 AM

What I found interesting about them is that they appear to have been solitary users, at least the women. I always thought of cocaine as a social drug (I've never tried it so I'm relying on the stereotype) Is this common?

by Anonymousreply 12October 24, 2022 7:21 AM

I didn't know millennials were so into cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2022 7:34 AM

I read somewhere (probably a comment online, so who knows if it is true or not) that when packaging drugs and cutting them with whatever they are using, sometimes the same utensil is used between the cutting of heroin and cocaine, which leads to the contamination of the coke with fentanyl. And apparently a grain of fentanyl is capable of killing someone. So yeah, not sure how reliable test strips are, and I wouldn't think it was worth the risk.

by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2022 7:40 AM

R12 Like you, I didn't think it was typical to do coke while at home by yourself. All three had extremely stressful jobs they were doing from home, so perhaps that's the key.

by Anonymousreply 15October 24, 2022 7:50 AM

[quote]God his poor "partner" (don't know why they don't say girlfriend) just insult to injury.

I've noticed that a lot of hetero, liberal couples now refer to their boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife as "partner." It's the whole trying to erase gender thing with them.

by Anonymousreply 16October 24, 2022 7:56 AM

Are the jars alright?

by Anonymousreply 17October 24, 2022 8:08 AM

Killing your clients is stupid

by Anonymousreply 18October 24, 2022 8:18 AM

I'm so glad I got that (into and) out of my system more than a decade ago. No way would I have anything to do with it now (for that, and other reasons).

by Anonymousreply 19October 24, 2022 8:24 AM

Anyone doing street drugs today is playing Russian roulette. It’s obviously always been risky, but the fentanyl epidemic has made it far more dangerous. I know next to nothing about drugs aside from some minor dabbling with weed in my twenties, but I find it strange how fentanyl has infiltrated so many of these street drugs. It seems purposeful to me.

by Anonymousreply 20October 24, 2022 8:38 AM

No one will care until they start dropping dead at the Washington Republican cocaine orgies. Then they'll blame Biden for not doing more to fight drugs 🙄

by Anonymousreply 21October 24, 2022 8:44 AM

Love to try opium

by Anonymousreply 22October 24, 2022 9:18 AM

^ Why? I makes you feel like a zombie

by Anonymousreply 23October 24, 2022 9:24 AM

The arm tattoos show he was destined for self destruction. If it hadn't been a fatal illegal drug overdose it would have been something else equally nihilistic.

by Anonymousreply 24October 24, 2022 9:37 AM

r20 well, some point to foreign influences, others suggest this akin the drug crisis of 80s involving the feds but now that it relates more to creating another drug war because we're getting too close to decriminalization for usage... decriminalization is less likely to be overturned than legalization, but ultimately, legalization is what would lead to a safer usage.

anyone remember the days when fentanyl was the safer alternative to heroin? kids would have tea parties.

by Anonymousreply 25October 24, 2022 9:42 AM

r12/r15 I was into coke for a couple of years. Luckily, I didn't make enough money to sustain a serious habit and quit. Coke will fuck up your life, as I witnessed time and again.

I did it alone a few times. Most times, it was because I'd been out partying and came home and needed to finish my stash. Once, I planned to do it alone. I think people who regularly use it alone are on the path to a more serious addiction.

by Anonymousreply 26October 24, 2022 9:46 AM

r21 democrats benefit from the war on drugs, too... the entire system does via asset seizure/civil forfeiture... which doesn't even require there to be drugs or any kind of drug connections. Though, of course, if there is.. that's good biz all around for our govts. . . which gets back to all the problems with the prison industrial complex. look at how good all that was for VP K

by Anonymousreply 27October 24, 2022 9:46 AM

Where is all of this fentanyl? I am in chronic pain and can't even score any heroin. Send it my way please.

by Anonymousreply 28October 24, 2022 9:47 AM

r26 Andy Dick should be the poster child around here... his drug of choice is coke and prescription benzos and opiates.

by Anonymousreply 29October 24, 2022 9:49 AM

Article is paywalled!

by Anonymousreply 30October 24, 2022 9:54 AM

Can you ask a dealer for coke with no fentanyl?

by Anonymousreply 31October 24, 2022 10:04 AM

[quote]Three New Yorkers Ordered Cocaine From the Same Delivery Service.

"Delivery Service???" A cocaine delivery service?

That's what we used to call a "Dealer," children.

by Anonymousreply 32October 24, 2022 10:14 AM

[quote] That's what we used to call a "Dealer,"

That's a racist codeword. Only right wingers would be so cruel and judgmental.

by Anonymousreply 33October 24, 2022 10:25 AM

I've never had any desire to do coke but in July I lost my sister to fentanyl and she wasn't a bad person, just mentally ill and naive. She had a hit of something laced, collapsed and was on life support for 10 days before we had to take her off. I miss her, and I feel for the victims' families. It really is a crisis in my city.

by Anonymousreply 34October 24, 2022 10:33 AM

What happened to the days when people would just shoot up red phosphorus meth (kryptonite) and glow under blacklights or become zombified by krokodil? Dying is so boring. What happened to people eating off stranger's faces after smoking bath salts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 24, 2022 10:40 AM

R30 Here you go

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 24, 2022 10:41 AM

He was hot. So sad.

by Anonymousreply 37October 24, 2022 10:53 AM

The non-paywalled version

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 24, 2022 11:19 AM

Straight couples have been using "partner" since the 1990s, so let's just stop with the lie that they've only started doing it because of "gender" whatever, okay?

by Anonymousreply 39October 24, 2022 11:20 AM

Drug deaths are up 51% since 2019, entirely because of fentanyl. Fentanyl in drugs causes nearly 75% of all drug deaths. This is insane, and of course no one is going to do anything about it.

This particular case is scary because their supplier obviously knew something was wrong and was texting them to tell them not to use too much, but it was too late. There's at least one other person out there who ODed or died that night from that batch, which is how the supplier knew that he needed to warn people.

by Anonymousreply 40October 24, 2022 11:30 AM

R34, I'm so sorry. That's so unfair and I am genuinely so sad for young people these days who just don't have the world we did. I'm really sorry. Fuck.

by Anonymousreply 41October 24, 2022 1:11 PM

R39 perhaps a few but it wasn't common like it has been the past decade.

Even while same-sex marriage was being legalized state by state (2004-2015) many gay/lesbian couples were debating what to call each other. "Partner" and "companion" had been in use in the community for decades, but now that marriage was legal should they use 'husband' or 'wife,' too?

by Anonymousreply 42October 24, 2022 1:21 PM

Cocaine just makes annoying people even more annoying.

by Anonymousreply 43October 24, 2022 1:32 PM

[quote]Why cut coke with a downer?

I suppose it would allow you to relax and chill while you grind your teeth into a wet powdery paste.

by Anonymousreply 44October 24, 2022 1:37 PM

"Boyfriend" and "girlfriend," apart from sounding kinda 50s, don't have the permanence that "partner" does. They really do mean different things, even for the straights.

by Anonymousreply 45October 24, 2022 1:39 PM

@r44, This, it's meant to take the edge off the coke. Ever notice Don Jr. He gets the good stuff that isn't cut with anything

Ratchet coke jaw grinding his teeth away

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 24, 2022 1:42 PM

The general consensus is that some dealers put fentanyl into everything to make it more addictive, and others accidentally get fentanyl in things like cocaine because of cross contamination.

There was an article a couple years ago where a drug crisis counselor said he thought competing drug dealers would sneak fentanyl into the competition's supply on purpose, but I'm pretty sure he said that was just speculation on his part. It sounds plausible to me, though.

by Anonymousreply 47October 24, 2022 1:42 PM

How can they be urban professionals yet be so stupid?

by Anonymousreply 48October 24, 2022 1:53 PM

Cocaine alone ona Wednesday night....as succesful as these people were you get the feeling these people never knew it. And one about to have a kid and everything.

Also, how does a social worker live a block away from Greenwich Village...that work pays next to nothing.

by Anonymousreply 49October 24, 2022 2:03 PM

Instagram account of the dog of the dead chick on the right. Poor pooch. She was probably right there when her owner dropped dead. I hope one of her friends adopted her later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 24, 2022 2:19 PM

This is your brain on drugs...🍳

by Anonymousreply 51October 24, 2022 2:33 PM

R50, you remind me of an idea I had a while back for an antidrug campaign.

What if some of the antidrug messages focused on what will happen to your pets? How terrified and grief-stricken they'd be to watch you die, then be stuck with your lifeless body.* How they might never find another forever home.

It sounds silly, but many people care more about their pets than about any human in their life (often for good reason). The fear of hurting them might motivate people to get clean/stay clean.

*(A/B testing of concepts would decide whether the "... and your cats will probably eat your body" message would be included.)

by Anonymousreply 52October 24, 2022 3:11 PM

This is so tragic. These are people's daughters, sons, friends...now gone because of drugs.

by Anonymousreply 53October 24, 2022 3:14 PM

Things continue to go as planned.

by Anonymousreply 54October 24, 2022 3:25 PM

I read somewhere recently that the Mexican cartels keep coke and fentanyl strictly separate but the dealers are cutting it and introducing cross contaminations, etc. For what that's worth

by Anonymousreply 55October 24, 2022 3:29 PM

What I don't understand is the strength of fentanyl

[quote] Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid that is up to 50 times stronger than heroin and 100 times stronger than morphine

How do people control dosage? I'd almost think it'd be even deadlier. And then you look at the government response. The inaction looks a bit like '"fuck those losers anyway".

by Anonymousreply 56October 24, 2022 3:35 PM

There's been a rash of LA high school students dying and getting poisoned from pills laced with fentanyl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57October 24, 2022 3:44 PM

I knew a bunch of people in college back East who got high-pressure glamorous jobs in Manhattan in advertising or finance or fashion, and many of them did coke to reward themselves for working so hard (or, they would have said, to keep working at the same intensity). Almost all of them eventually had to go to addiction treatment after it fucked up their lives.

by Anonymousreply 58October 24, 2022 3:47 PM

^ They should have stuck with getting a BMW

by Anonymousreply 59October 24, 2022 3:49 PM

You can buy a test kit for fentanyl but most people are casual users or wouldn't bother buying one unless they're invested in their habit.

by Anonymousreply 60October 24, 2022 3:51 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 24, 2022 4:01 PM

They're still the ones bringing it in r55. Our southern border is literally killing us.

by Anonymousreply 62October 24, 2022 4:06 PM

This happened in March 2021. Why is it only now being publicized?

by Anonymousreply 63October 24, 2022 4:07 PM

Usually when it comes to druggies, I either don’t care or I feel sorry for them, but I’ve always loathed coke users. They’re morally bankrupt and superficial people who at some point decided they weren’t shitty enough. They’re the pedos among druggies.

by Anonymousreply 64October 24, 2022 4:12 PM

They say EVERYTHING is cut with fentanyl, even street weed, to hide or bump up the low quality drugs. I'm glad I have a prescription from the state.

by Anonymousreply 65October 24, 2022 4:13 PM

The article without paywall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 24, 2022 4:18 PM

[quote]but the dealers are cutting it and introducing cross contaminations, etc. For what that's worth

The article mentions a coffee grinder.

[quote]This happened in March 2021. Why is it only now being publicized?

This kind of thing happens every day.

by Anonymousreply 67October 24, 2022 4:20 PM

[quote]Why cut coke with a downer? This makes no sense in terms of the high clients seek. It's stupid business.

What r14 said, r4. It's cross-contamination. No one is deliberately putting fentanyl in cocaine to make it more addictive, nor are dealers "sneaking" it into a rival's supply (how would that even happen?), as r47 has read. That's absurd.

Many dealers peddle both cocaine and downers, and carelessly use the same equipment. Fentanyl is just incredibly potent.

by Anonymousreply 68October 24, 2022 4:25 PM

^ Nah - these people aren’t chemists, they sling drugs that they got from a supplier and have no idea what is in there. Get real.

by Anonymousreply 69October 24, 2022 4:51 PM

Article is paywalled!

by Anonymousreply 70October 24, 2022 5:06 PM

r65 weed being laced is often to make the weed appear higher quality and crystalized.

by Anonymousreply 71October 24, 2022 5:11 PM

R50, from comments it looks like her parents took the little doggie. He's cute.

by Anonymousreply 72October 24, 2022 5:17 PM

Sassan Ghahramani, Ms. Ghahramani’s father, said the fentanyl in his daughter’s cocaine was like having cyanide appear in an alcoholic drink during Prohibition. “Julia was a driven professional with everything to live for. Never in a billion years would she have touched anything with fentanyl,” he said. “This is like putting bullets in people’s brains.”

This seems to say that it’s okay to use cocaine but just not fentanyl.

by Anonymousreply 73October 24, 2022 5:27 PM

I wonder if the families had any inkling that they dabbled in coke. The tatted up Wall Street dude might fit the "work hard/play hard" stereotype, but the two women?

by Anonymousreply 74October 24, 2022 5:29 PM

They cut it with fentanyl, it's deliberate not contamination.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75October 24, 2022 5:32 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 24, 2022 5:32 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77October 24, 2022 5:32 PM

We heard you the first time.

by Anonymousreply 78October 24, 2022 5:35 PM

R26, snark aside, you’re a strong man. We’re proud of you. That’s not an easy thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 79October 24, 2022 5:36 PM

[quote]Can you ask a dealer for coke with no fentanyl?

Yes, Rose, but you have to order it from the children’s menu.

by Anonymousreply 80October 24, 2022 5:37 PM

R49, she worked at a hospital. I think social workers who work at hospitals get a decent salary.

by Anonymousreply 81October 24, 2022 5:45 PM

the guy obviously had an ongoing addiction if he checked into a hotel specifically to do cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 82October 24, 2022 6:07 PM

[R52]. Good idea, R52. I stopped smoking weed after my elderly dog went into heart failure and reacted poorly to any air pollutants. It does make a difference when you don’t care about yourself enough to get clean.

by Anonymousreply 83October 24, 2022 6:34 PM

R47 what's the point of trying to get them more addicted via fentanyl if it causes them to drop dead the second they snort it? A dead customer is useless.

by Anonymousreply 84October 24, 2022 6:41 PM

R83, my aunt smoked 2 packs a day for decades, but her beloved dog died young of lung cancer. She was so guilt-stricken she was finally able to stop smoking after years of trying; she'd gotten another puppy and was afraid the same thing might happen to it if she didn't quit.

by Anonymousreply 85October 24, 2022 6:41 PM

Your aunt sounds like a wonderful person [R85]. I wish people were as considerate of their children.

Dealers will cut heroin with a cheaper, more addictive product like fentanyl, [R77]. But cocaine + fentanyl is accidental cross-contamination. It’s in the dealers’ best interest to keep their $$$ cocaine customers alive. Oddly enough, they’re too stupid to manage that.

by Anonymousreply 86October 24, 2022 6:47 PM

What strikes me is how goody two shoes the women appeared.

I don’t believe they were super regular users. It seems as if though they did it sporadically, when under tough work deadlines or perhaps when celebrating stupid stuff like a promotion or a birthday.

The guy was quite handsome, and in good physical shape. He probably used more regularly than the ladies, as he probably made much more money than they did.

I’ve known guys that wanna have one epic party before they become dads. This is very normal with the trading and investment banking crowd. I saw it more than a few times while working amongst them.

Banking and financial jobs just grind you, as to jobs as an attorney, especially in your first year.

I’m glad I went through my coke phase in the 80s. I too, quit cold turkey, and even though I did it a few more times much later on, I haven’t touched that crap in 15 or more years.

There are SOOO many people who were in AA/NA who have died during the La democracy, due to relapsing with drugs laced with fentanyl.

The person upthread who posted about doing a PSA based on dying alone with one’s pets, has a brilliant idea, IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 87October 24, 2022 6:49 PM

La Democracy = Pandemic.

JFC! My autocorrect is off the chain!

by Anonymousreply 88October 24, 2022 6:52 PM

R86, she was a wonderful person and I miss her terribly. Unfortunately, she herself died about 10 years later of lung cancer; the damage had already been done. It's sad that she loved her dog more than she loved herself, but she'd had a difficult life. You know how that goes. I'm glad she quit when she did anyway.

by Anonymousreply 89October 24, 2022 6:53 PM

r80 = best "Dorothy sings Rose" riposte in years!

Laughing!

by Anonymousreply 90October 24, 2022 6:55 PM

I don't get it, why would dealers want to kill their customer base and attract even more attention from law enforcement? Just to save a few bucks by cutting pure coke with an adulterant? Can't they use talcum powder or something a little less fatal?

by Anonymousreply 91October 24, 2022 6:56 PM

It doesn't make sense to me. Baby powder is cheaper right and wouldn't it be expensive to cut with fentanyl?

by Anonymousreply 92October 24, 2022 7:02 PM

Just how much blow do you get for $200 nowadays? I mean you have to figure the dealer markup and dilution, the product, and then "shipping and handling" from all the way out in the New Jersey sprawl. I haven't done blow since the '90s, so I'm no longer hip to how much things run today.

by Anonymousreply 93October 24, 2022 7:29 PM

Here you go, R93. 👇🏽

Averaging at $200/Gram in the United States.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94October 24, 2022 8:27 PM

What will happen to the stay at home dad? Will the kids be okay when the dad goes to prison?

by Anonymousreply 95October 24, 2022 8:28 PM

I'm curious to learn if coke is getting cut at the point of origin these days? Coke used to arrive from Colombia nearly pure according to documentaries like Cocaine Cowboys.

If at every stage along the distribution chain coke is getting cut with fentanyl this would explain the lethal final product.

Were does Don Jr get his supply?

by Anonymousreply 96October 24, 2022 8:35 PM

I’m surprised there haven’t been any terrorist attacks with fentanyl.

by Anonymousreply 97October 24, 2022 8:54 PM

Those two “socially conscious” female victims should’ve known that they finance ruthless and extremely violent drug cartels with their coke use.

by Anonymousreply 98October 24, 2022 8:56 PM

Cocaine does not average at 200 a gram r94 I assure you, 100 a gram is most common.

I've done my share but I couldn't imagine doing it in a room alone. Cocaine is a party drug, Ive only done it when out with people partying.

by Anonymousreply 99October 24, 2022 8:59 PM

When I used to do coke I rarely paid for it. You just make friends with generous people who like to party 🥳

by Anonymousreply 100October 24, 2022 9:07 PM

In Europe coke is of higher quality so it's obvious it's Americans who are cutting the shit out of coke with fentanyl. Americans killing Americans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101October 24, 2022 9:22 PM

R82 right? He sounds exhausting too, he "checked into a hotel because he didn't want to see anyone for a few days" or whatever. What a fucking prima donna douche, how good of a dad would he have been when he has angsty fits where he doesn't want to see people.

by Anonymousreply 102October 24, 2022 10:17 PM

R16

A "partner" is used for a more stable, longer-term relationship than a "boyfriend" or "girlfriend." Erasing gender has nothing to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 103October 24, 2022 10:19 PM

R102

He had a stressful job and no doubt was distracted at home. He had the money to rent a hotel room to work. It was convenient and comfortable. I had a friend who was a screenwriter. Even though he had a nice apartment, when on big projects he used to rent a hotel room for a week so he could write without being disturbed.

by Anonymousreply 104October 24, 2022 10:23 PM

It's no different from alcoholics locking themselves away to go on a bender.

by Anonymousreply 105October 24, 2022 10:26 PM

Oh I know there are legit reasons to get a hotel for the night, unfortunately when you do it and then die of a drug overdose, it makes it look like it was always for scandalous reasons.

by Anonymousreply 106October 24, 2022 10:27 PM

At least he didn't die with a gag in his mouth and a BBC dildo up his ass.

by Anonymousreply 107October 24, 2022 10:35 PM

Drug dealers cut with fentanyl because it makes drugs even more addictive. Customers will order more for that high.

by Anonymousreply 108October 24, 2022 10:35 PM

[quote] This is very normal with the trading and investment banking crowd. I saw it more than a few times while working amongst them.

I saw it too. My friend Trevor had a drug binge weekend in upstate New York to break in the new investment banking recruit. They had a mystery drug drawer full of pills that they make the pledges take. My friend took a yellow one and a blue one together and his heart exploded. And then he died.

by Anonymousreply 109October 24, 2022 10:35 PM

Amazing that many states ban fentanyl strips.

by Anonymousreply 110October 24, 2022 10:36 PM

R107 Right? God, poor Chris Burrous and his Asian wife...proving our trope about closeted guys marrying Asians.

by Anonymousreply 111October 24, 2022 10:36 PM

As soon as they made medical marijuana legal in Fl I started buying my weed from a pharmacy. Theres been several cases of people dropping dead smoking fentanyl laced pot. Im not taking any chances. I used to do and sell a shit ton of coke back in the late 70s early 80s . For whatever reason,when I decided that was that,I just walked away from it. I went from doing it daily for weeks on end to nada. I knew way too many people who lost everything being hooked on coke,so it amazed me I was able to just quit cold turkey. Im glad I partied like a rock star back in the day,Id be too paranoid to do drugs now.

by Anonymousreply 112October 24, 2022 10:48 PM

R112. Did you cross paths with the Cocaine Godmother?

Who doesn't love 1980s coke glamour?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113October 24, 2022 10:58 PM

They put in in the cocaine too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114October 24, 2022 11:06 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115October 24, 2022 11:07 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116October 24, 2022 11:07 PM

There's always new customers when the old ones drop dead, they don't care.

by Anonymousreply 117October 24, 2022 11:13 PM

by Anonymousreply 118October 24, 2022 11:14 PM

by Anonymousreply 119October 24, 2022 11:14 PM

by Anonymousreply 120October 24, 2022 11:14 PM

by Anonymousreply 121October 24, 2022 11:14 PM

by Anonymousreply 122October 24, 2022 11:14 PM

r50, I was immediately worried about the dog as soon as it was mentioned too, but in the photo of her parents, it appears to be the same dog at her mother's feet, so hopefully her parents took her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123October 24, 2022 11:27 PM

The lady with the dog referenced the bad product she received the previous Sunday. She may have been a more regular user.

by Anonymousreply 124October 25, 2022 12:07 AM

[quote] Cocaine is a party drug,

I was wondering about that. So the two women just tested it at home? I can't imagine sitting around at home doing coke!

by Anonymousreply 125October 25, 2022 12:16 AM

Oh yeah R124 and they knew it too! How much were they shitting their pants when their texts all went unanswered? And that will be their downfall, that they knew it and didn't do anything. It sounds like they didn't know till later though. Wow, how shitty would you feel if you killed three people in one night? inadvertently though it was. Don't fuck with drugs.

by Anonymousreply 126October 25, 2022 12:17 AM

I'll bet there's others too. I think they panicked after a first overdose by someone else. That's why they started frantically texting the others.

by Anonymousreply 127October 25, 2022 1:14 AM

There but got the grace of God.

I’m an elder gay now and never into drugs in a big way except for pot. But I definitely partied and pushed my luck. These poor people had no idea of what they were in for.

by Anonymousreply 128October 25, 2022 1:36 AM

Holy Fuck on a Cunt! Now DL is killing threads about the British PM? Nobody even mentioned Trans anything at all! And now DL has to kill that shit, for reasons!!! Really, cunts, really?????

by Anonymousreply 129October 25, 2022 1:36 AM

You don't say...

by Anonymousreply 130October 25, 2022 5:47 AM

I quit doing blow over 15 years ago, but even then I would get it from people I knew who were also doing it themselves first. In particular, one of my female friends who has bartended for decades would get free cocaine all the time from guys coming into the bar and hitting on her. It was also better shit, not cut with all kinds of crap, like I would get as a guy if I tried to go out aby buy it myself from a dealer.

by Anonymousreply 131October 25, 2022 6:44 AM

[quote]Wow, how shitty would you feel if you killed three people in one night?

Meh.

by Anonymousreply 132October 25, 2022 11:45 AM

[quote]They're still the ones bringing it in [R55]. Our southern border is literally killing us.

No, what's killing us are weak Americans who feel they need drugs to face their lives. If there were no demand, there would be no drugs streaming over the border.

by Anonymousreply 133October 25, 2022 11:51 AM

What kind of business model is that? Who’s cutting their upper powder with expensive downer powder?

by Anonymousreply 134October 25, 2022 12:09 PM

[quote]I've noticed that a lot of hetero, liberal couples now refer to their boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife as "partner." It's the whole trying to erase gender thing with them.

Seek professional help.

by Anonymousreply 135October 25, 2022 12:13 PM

[quote] anyone remember the days when fentanyl was the safer alternative to heroin? kids would have tea parties.

No. No one remembers this BECAUSE THIS NEVER HAPPENED.

by Anonymousreply 136October 25, 2022 12:24 PM

R106

I'll give you that.

by Anonymousreply 137October 25, 2022 1:21 PM

R132 You should change your name to OJ Simpson

by Anonymousreply 138October 25, 2022 2:45 PM

Jesus, their poor kids.

by Anonymousreply 139October 25, 2022 3:08 PM

Taking cocaine should not be a death sentence, no matter how you've been brainwashed that drug users are somehow evil and immoral people

by Anonymousreply 140October 25, 2022 3:44 PM

^ MY drug use doesn't count because I have it under control, but THEY are crazy drug fiends who need to die for their sins 🙄

by Anonymousreply 141October 25, 2022 4:30 PM

[quote] you've been brainwashed that drug users are somehow evil and immoral people

𝘚𝘶𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘱𝘪𝘥 is sufficient

by Anonymousreply 142October 25, 2022 4:56 PM

[quote]Taking cocaine should not be a death sentence, no matter how you've been brainwashed that drug users are somehow evil and immoral people

But they are complicit in the horrific drug trafficking violence that feeds their habits.

by Anonymousreply 143October 25, 2022 5:13 PM

Yes they are R143, and that just speaks to a more complicated truth. It's like that show "Locked up Abroad" I find it so offensive that we're supposed to cheer these people on and hope they don't get caught smuggling drugs, we don't really care because they're being caught in Thailand or Jamaica. Meanwhile, if there were an "abroad" version of the show with people being caught in America, we would cheer for them going to jail for a long time. The drug trade is awful no matter where it is.

by Anonymousreply 144October 25, 2022 5:38 PM

R143, yes but those are poor brown or black people that live somewhere else.

Don't harsh our buzz!

by Anonymousreply 145October 25, 2022 5:42 PM

[quote] Sassan Ghahramani, Ms. Ghahramani’s father, said the fentanyl in his daughter’s cocaine was like having cyanide appear in an alcoholic drink during Prohibition. “Julia was a driven professional with everything to live for. Never in a billion years would she have touched anything with fentanyl,” he said. “This is like putting bullets in people’s brains.”

No, I'm sorry to tell you that your daughter was a privileged idiot.

What kind of people do this? There was no excuse for these drug users to be doing this. None.

I agree with my more sane colleagues up thread. I don't feel sorry for these people. This father is comparing his daughter's cocaine use to drinking alcohol. He probably spent a lifetime excusing her behavior and probably funding it.

This is the result of refusing to set boundaries for your children and society at large. I may sound like an old fuddy duddy but people have lost their compass and seem to only want to please and placate people doing whatever they want to do.

by Anonymousreply 146October 25, 2022 6:52 PM

You do have a point about that R146. It's the progression from excusing their absences for them to go to a concert to bailing them out for a DUI. It's a shitty way to parent and this is the unfortunate conclusion. I guess he's lucky his daughter didn't murder him when they cut her off, cause that happens a lot too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147October 25, 2022 10:56 PM

Love me some of that

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148October 25, 2022 10:58 PM

Like all you lying old bitches werent putting shit up your nose back in the day ? Not to mention ingesting anything you could get your hands on,and the riskiest sexual behavior in the history of the world ? I know I did,and I damn sure wasnt alone. So many of these holier than thou posts make me puke. Im so glad I didnt know any of you boring bitches back in the day. These people didnt deserve to fucking die no matter how condescending you cunts try to be.

by Anonymousreply 149October 25, 2022 11:05 PM

I feel bad about funding human misery [R143]. But, at least I’m not a sanctimonious asshole. Your coffee beans deforest the amazon and your clothes contribute to water pollution.

by Anonymousreply 150October 25, 2022 11:08 PM

I was doing copious amounts of drugs twenty years ago, yes, R149. I agree doing drugs shouldn't be a death sentence. I think what R146 was taking exception with was the fact that even if we all did do drugs, our parents don't generally come and excuse it. Perhaps her dad should have worked on getting her not to take drugs rather than excusing everything she did, it didn't serve her well, as you can see.

by Anonymousreply 151October 25, 2022 11:09 PM

Nobody "deserves to die" because they choose to use drugs. But anyone with a brain in their head knows that when you buy illegal drugs you have not idea what you're actually buying, and you are taking a huge risk. The risks include negative things up to and including possible death. The news that most street drugs are now contaminated with fentanyl is not new or hidden. In fact, it's in the news every single day lately.

by Anonymousreply 152October 25, 2022 11:15 PM

STFU you uncaring sanctimonious cows. Yes,the majority of you have indeed suggested if not explicitly stated these people deserved to die.

Home sapiens have always sought mood/mind altering substances, many of them even incorporated into religious practices. This will never change.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153October 25, 2022 11:22 PM

R153 you expect us to read an article where the title of the article *ends in a preposition*??

Oh Dear!

by Anonymousreply 154October 25, 2022 11:31 PM

Divert, frau cunt. Talk about boundaries!

by Anonymousreply 155October 25, 2022 11:34 PM

[quote]How do people control dosage? I'd almost think it'd be even deadlier. And then you look at the government response. The inaction looks a bit like '"fuck those losers anyway".

Fuck that noise! There is no "dosage" of unregulated street drugs!

Look, if you are so stupid and your risk assessment is that broken why the fuck does the government need to spend millions to save your ass? We've ALL been told criminalizing drugs is racist and punishes poor people, and when you warn people of the endless risks of street drugs, you're shamed as a judgmental boomer!

Stupid people make stupid choices and some die from them. Sucks to be stupid, but I'm for adding government funds to schools and health insurance, at some point adults need to take responsibility for their own lives. Don't do illegal street drugs like coke you assholes!

by Anonymousreply 156October 25, 2022 11:36 PM

I trust R156 has never had unprotected sex or done any other risky thing.

by Anonymousreply 157October 25, 2022 11:50 PM

Feel free to color me conspiratorial but I’ve little doubt that somewhere along the supply chain there may be some malicious cunt going out of their way to execute users for headlines like this. Cointelpro was real. Government changing the very nature of denatured alcohol during prohibition to execute drinkers when it was rendered into bathtub gin (The New York Times pronounced it a good practice as these misfits were breakfast the law) was a fact.

I can understand some bastard using it on heroin but fucking cocaine? Perhaps some idiot doesn’t understand it but WHY would they combine an equally lucrative substance as CUT?!?!

It makes no sense. And the fentanyl is more likely to get the law on them.

So glad I got my kicks in an earlier era from mostly professional wholesalers. This shit. And no one over 40 should even dream of dabbling in white powders.

But the murderer up the chain is likely going to retire on a government pension if karma doesn’t strike the blow first. Bastards.

But those of you judging these folks. Just fuck off. They didn’t ask to be given poison. It’s old knowledge that anyone using a clean supply in moderation can live to a ripe old age. See Bill Burroughs and most jazzbos of a certain age.

by Anonymousreply 158October 25, 2022 11:51 PM

They kill rich people with it too, and still no one cares. Wasn't that Johnson and Johnson heir (the lesbian) doing blow or something when she died? I think a young Kennedy did too, there's been a few. I said years ago that no one would care about this fent shit till it started offing rich people, but it seems they still don't care.

by Anonymousreply 159October 25, 2022 11:55 PM

r157, you add nothing with your knee jerk approval of deadly coke use.

You're not used to being challenged, I bet you're an awful bully.

by Anonymousreply 160October 26, 2022 12:36 AM

R157 is a cunt. Undateable. Drugs suck, you ass. 🖕

by Anonymousreply 161October 26, 2022 12:38 AM

An really cool professional acquaintance of mine dropped dead last year after using coke with fentanyl. I was surprised grown up people were doing blow. Of course two weeks later her boyfriend also died from the same exact thing! Bizarre and so sad.

by Anonymousreply 162October 26, 2022 12:43 AM

Wow, R161, you should have worked up to that, it kind of leaves you nowhere to go. I haven't used drugs in years, and I don't "approve" of them, per se, I'm just saying that we've all done stupid, rash, impulsive things and usually the penalty isn't death. I see you're working through some shit though, call your sponsor.

by Anonymousreply 163October 26, 2022 12:45 AM

[quote] Home sapiens have always sought mood/mind altering substances

Immaterial to the current situation. Products of nature like the lotus or coca leaves have little relationship to the powerfully destructive substances scientifically formulated in 20th and 21st century laboratories.

by Anonymousreply 164October 26, 2022 1:49 AM

I never liked cocaine. Around 1981 I finally broke down and snorted some at my brother's at a party. I was worried about getting caught in a public place and arrested because I was starting law school. I was paranoid about that.

First this was when people were still using rolled up dollar bills and I thought EWWW this is so unsanitary GROSS. - I guess I was not very cool. LOL!

Second, all it did was make my gums feel like I had a shot of novocaine - I had already had some weed earlier and this did nothing to enhance it.

Lastly, it gave me post nasal drip for 2 weeks.

The whole thing was such a huge disappointment and unpleasant that I said fuck it. I'll stick with champagne which I was really into at the time.

But many of my friends used cocaine all the time and when we'd go to friends' restaurants and bars we'd get served lines on the bar after hours - I did not partake. The Washington Post back around that time had these fabulous parties like for Christmas it would be at a townhouse with each floor dedicated to a vice and one floor was for free flowing coke. I imagine they'd now deny such things ever happened. When the price got prohibitive most of my friends just walked away with no problem. The only one who I knew who had an issue was my SIL who said she had some cravings for it but then she could never kick cigarettes. Oh and another dear friend who just went back to pot.

You know contaminated drugs is not some new or secret thing going on. How does a presumably smart lawyer who was starting at a great law firm making really good money not be smart enough to leave it be or get help if that's what she needed. How does a man with the birth of his child nearing do this? SMDH.

It's been a long time - decades - since we have known how addicting some drugs can be and what they can do to you. That people even enter into this anymore is a bit baffling to me.

by Anonymousreply 165October 26, 2022 2:27 AM

R165 It seems like she knew him though, it seems like they all did, their texts were friendly enough. That's the most terrifying part, even a dealer you know could get bad shit.

by Anonymousreply 166October 26, 2022 2:32 AM

Yea, R166, looks that way but you can't trust criminals. Not ever.

by Anonymousreply 167October 26, 2022 2:51 AM

"I've noticed that a lot of hetero, liberal couples now refer to their boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife as "partner." It's the whole trying to erase gender thing with them."

God, you're an idiot.

Heterosexuals have been using "partner" since the late 90s. Because "boy/girlfriend" sounds juvenile and adults who eschew marriage aren't about to use phrases like "common law wife/husband."

But apparently you're so fucking triggered by the idea that not everyone in the world is as enthralled with your genitalia as you are means "gender" is getting erased.

Who could erase a fat-headed apparently gender-based idiot such as yourself?

They would need acid.

Lots of it.

Why don't you spare us your whining until you're thrown into a vat of acid, won't you?

I promise I will listen to everything you have to say then.

by Anonymousreply 168October 26, 2022 6:12 AM

Millennials are at a point to finally afford cocaine, R13.

by Anonymousreply 169November 6, 2022 10:34 AM

How tragic.

by Anonymousreply 170November 6, 2022 11:18 AM

[quote]Ms. Ghahramani’s father, said the fentanyl in his daughter’s cocaine was like having cyanide appear in an alcoholic drink during Prohibition.

Not quite Grandpa. More like moonshine in a cocktail, the goal was never to kill. Your daughter was a lightweight drug addict not some innocent little girl who was intentionally poisoned.

by Anonymousreply 171November 6, 2022 11:29 AM

[quote]An really cool professional acquaintance of mine dropped dead last year after using coke with fentanyl. I was surprised grown up people were doing blow.

What an odd statement. Can kids afford cocaine? It's always been the drug of adults ever since it's heyday of the 70's upper middle-class Yuppie circuit.

by Anonymousreply 172November 6, 2022 11:33 AM

I think a lot of these yuppie types secretly hate their careers and lives, and they need coke to get them going.

by Anonymousreply 173November 6, 2022 1:31 PM

[quote]ever since it's heyday

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 174November 6, 2022 9:06 PM

"Partner" is an improvement over the formerly universal "significant other."

by Anonymousreply 175November 6, 2022 9:56 PM

"Partner" sounds like the guy who opened the carpet store with them or their fellow CPA, it doesn't bring to mind a significant other.

by Anonymousreply 176November 7, 2022 12:27 AM

r168, you should stick to benzos, coke makes you edgy and nasty....maybe a Mai Tai would help?

by Anonymousreply 177November 7, 2022 12:41 AM

I only did coke with sex. Doing it alone in my apartment would never have crossed my mind.

by Anonymousreply 178November 7, 2022 1:03 AM

Sex or coke?

by Anonymousreply 179November 9, 2022 8:33 PM

[quote]"Partner" is an improvement over the formerly universal "significant other."

Why don’t they just say “lovers” as it’s much more clear and direct.

by Anonymousreply 180November 9, 2022 8:36 PM

I love you guys, I love us! Other people talking about this are probably talking about the dangers of drugs, etc. but we're dissecting the stupid way they refer to the people who are fucking these tragic creatures.

by Anonymousreply 181November 9, 2022 8:45 PM

Such ignorance on this entire thread. Cocaine is a commodity like anything else. It should be regulated and it's quality guaranteed by the FDA. This fentanyl crisis is created by the government and the DEA.

No OP, you're trash for wishing death on people who merely tried to buy a product for personal use.

by Anonymousreply 182November 9, 2022 8:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!