Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

All the women, who independent, gonna vote G O P (or so says the Times)

And not all of them - just a discouragingly large share of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112October 20, 2022 6:21 AM

Here's the non-paywall version (sorry Punch and Pinch!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2022 9:53 PM

Then women will get what they voted for.

by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2022 9:56 PM

All of them, but not all of them? Get your story straight, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2022 9:59 PM

Well, duh.

Of course they are - especially the ones that don’t work and are use to just being handed their hubby’s credit card for the day to day.

Now they are being told they can’t spend money at Bloomingdales - if they just shop they better go to TJ Maxx - and they better stick to the clearance racks. Their hubby’s are scrutinizing the monthly Amex bills and arguments erupt at the beginning of the month when the mortgage payment is due

The other group - the ones that actually work for a living are trying to budget what little they have l- just so they can afford groceries for the kids. They can’t even buy the kids cereal because even that’s too expensive nowadays. That, plus higher gas prices, to fuel their over priced over mileage used beaters has them on the brink. Listening to Pete tell them just to buy an 80k electric car doesn’t help things.

Their only recourse is to vote red Down ticket and pray they can get their old life back.

I don’t blame them one bit,

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2022 9:59 PM

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.

by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2022 10:00 PM

You mean WHITE women.

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2022 10:02 PM

Ha, don't bet on it.

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2022 10:04 PM

oh, god, r3. how old are you?

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2022 10:45 PM

R3 isn't ready for R8's jelly.

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2022 10:48 PM

And the Dems are hanging their entire campaign on abortion, once again ignoring the most important issue of every election -the pocketbook. No one can comprehend the deliberate ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2022 12:16 AM

Ds do not deserve their current majority … let alone should they be allowed to hold.

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2022 12:23 AM

Shut up you rightwing troglodyte. Vote Blue!

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2022 12:25 AM

8 consecutive Republican presidents have seen a recession or depression start under their watch. Republicans don’t have ANY answers for WORLDWIDE inflation, or any other issue. At all. By all means, vote for them, Ruskies.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2022 12:29 AM

I know why. But nobody here wants to hear it.

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2022 12:29 AM

I want to hear it, R14.

by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2022 12:30 AM

R14 No, we don’t, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2022 12:34 AM

Yes, we do, r16. Also, pretty sure you're the "Boris" for trying to shut down conversation. Very Putinesque of you.

by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2022 12:36 AM

This election is a referendum on abortion. If Democrats lose, Republicans will be a juggernaut for decades

by Anonymousreply 18October 18, 2022 12:39 AM

Women better fucking stop and consider the consequences. The economy will recover.

The loss of your rights won't.

by Anonymousreply 19October 18, 2022 12:39 AM

Well, about 40 percent of women are against abortion, and they vote

by Anonymousreply 20October 18, 2022 12:40 AM

What rights r19?

The only right we have specific to our sex is regarding reproduction, and that’s gone. You think they’ll try to remove our right to vote now?

by Anonymousreply 21October 18, 2022 12:43 AM

Boris Boris Boris thread.

by Anonymousreply 22October 18, 2022 12:44 AM

Only a Boris would say "Boris" three times.

Caught you, R22!

by Anonymousreply 23October 18, 2022 12:45 AM

Op, 1, 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17 all the same Boris troll.

by Anonymousreply 24October 18, 2022 12:47 AM

The Left doesn’t have very nice messaging for women. If you’re white and complain about anything, you’re a Karen. If you don’t want a skirted man in your womens-only space, you’re a bigot. If you don’t want violent men released from prison you’re a racist. If you want to stay home and raise children you’re a lazy freeloader.

And if you resent ANY of the above messaging you’re a Boris.

by Anonymousreply 25October 18, 2022 12:50 AM

R25 Truth hurts, Boris. We all KNOW Russian trolls invade this thread around election times to sharpen their messaging for other, more visible SM. Block you all and it is CLEAR.

by Anonymousreply 26October 18, 2022 12:51 AM

Actually r19 - abortion is actually classified as a boutique issue at the moment. It’s not as big of a deal as you may think. States rights and all that.. all the Supreme Court did was pass it back to the states. Most people recognize this despite the push to make it the main be all end all of the democrats campaign.

People care WAY more about the economy. It’s the number one issue. If you think abortion, trans issues and teaching CRT in elementary school is - you’re in fantasy land.

And when you have an administration that decides to change the definition of a recession ... even though it’s as clear as day that we are in one - People get tired of the gaslighting. They are worried about paying their bills - They don’t want to be told everything is great when it isn’t. They are sick of being lied to.

If you’re referring to us losing our constitutional rights - we won’t lose them. That being said people are damn tired of being made to feel like they can’t have or them. They can’t dare have their right to free speech, right to privacy, right to assembly, right to bear arms, rights to religion etc.. or the one relating to abortion - the 10th amendment - Rights reserved to states.

And there goes r26 on cue... the Boris bot.

by Anonymousreply 27October 18, 2022 12:58 AM

R27 Block 26 and you’ll see Boris in action.

by Anonymousreply 28October 18, 2022 12:59 AM

R25 - lol you’re not a Boris - you’re just rational. Funny how some DL posters can’t take that. Just ignore them- they are so unhinged they must be on someones payroll

by Anonymousreply 29October 18, 2022 1:00 AM

Block 27 and you’ll see Boris in action. For real.

by Anonymousreply 30October 18, 2022 1:00 AM

Haha you’re hilarious r30

Lemme guess - you work for the DU?

by Anonymousreply 31October 18, 2022 1:01 AM

Yes, block r27 and we caught a real life Boris.

by Anonymousreply 32October 18, 2022 1:01 AM

No you’re a Boris!

by Anonymousreply 33October 18, 2022 1:04 AM

27 is also 23, 29, 31. They are just talking to themselves. Block and see.

by Anonymousreply 34October 18, 2022 1:04 AM

R32 - what are you so scared of? Someone pointing out the obvious? And that’s automatically considered a Boris?

Yes I agree- Please do block me - it’s best for both of us. if you can’t see my posts I won’t exist in your delicate little bubble. I wouldn’t want you to freak out, I fear for Your mental health. Take care of yourself, hon.

by Anonymousreply 35October 18, 2022 1:05 AM

Block OP and 27 and you’ll see a full 1/3 of this thread is two Boris trolls.

by Anonymousreply 36October 18, 2022 1:05 AM

Now everyone is Boris, which means no one is!

by Anonymousreply 37October 18, 2022 1:06 AM

No r34 I’m not all those posts. I’ve posted a few times in this thread but not all those specific reply’s

by Anonymousreply 38October 18, 2022 1:06 AM

Deplorables are going to be in for a rude awakening.

by Anonymousreply 39October 18, 2022 1:06 AM

R36 is r21, r14, and r50

BORIS!

by Anonymousreply 40October 18, 2022 1:06 AM

Boris say what? Blocked and FF.

Reported to Muriel as well.

by Anonymousreply 41October 18, 2022 1:07 AM

I’m giving Muriel the ip addresses too.

by Anonymousreply 42October 18, 2022 1:08 AM

R4 - So how many different boris’s are in this thread lol.

To the other boris’s here - come sit by me.

by Anonymousreply 43October 18, 2022 1:09 AM

The Russian Trolls are posting up a storm in this and The NY Times thread. Basically the same one trolls, but there are two of them with one doing most of the trolling.

by Anonymousreply 44October 18, 2022 1:09 AM

Vote Republican or the devil will turn you into a giant piece of avocado toast served at a Communist day-care center run by Mrs. Kasha Davis!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 18, 2022 1:10 AM

What NY times thread?

by Anonymousreply 46October 18, 2022 1:10 AM

[quote]I don’t blame them one bit.

Of course you don't, Svetlana.

by Anonymousreply 47October 18, 2022 1:11 AM

Everyone who criticizes the Democrats is a Russian troll! Hmmm... Lots of Russian trolls answering the polls, voting in elections.

by Anonymousreply 48October 18, 2022 1:11 AM

R44 is also 17, 25, 61, and 113

BORIS!

by Anonymousreply 49October 18, 2022 1:11 AM

“Boris” is demchurch for “heretic”

by Anonymousreply 50October 18, 2022 1:12 AM

I believe it is OP or r27 who has ONLY posted on DL in this thread. The other has only posted in a few threads ONLY posting recently and ONLY bashing Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 51October 18, 2022 1:12 AM

Omg this thread is absolutely hilarious - It’s also a testament to the mental health crisis in America

by Anonymousreply 52October 18, 2022 1:13 AM

[quote]The Russian Trolls are posting up a storm in this and The NY Times thread.

Lyudmila the OP's sad attempt at a headline written in "hip" and "with it" American idiom was the first clue.

by Anonymousreply 53October 18, 2022 1:13 AM

Now the two Russian trolls have posted a total of 21 times in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 54October 18, 2022 1:14 AM

R51 - wrong. I’m also not the OP.

by Anonymousreply 55October 18, 2022 1:14 AM

No you are Boris, Boris

by Anonymousreply 56October 18, 2022 1:15 AM

It's that time!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57October 18, 2022 1:15 AM

R54 - that’s a lie

by Anonymousreply 58October 18, 2022 1:16 AM

R54 is responsible for 1/3 of the posts here.

by Anonymousreply 59October 18, 2022 1:18 AM

Boris’ IP addresses reported. Both are busy posting in pro-Republican, anti-Democrat threads right now. Block and look.

by Anonymousreply 60October 18, 2022 1:18 AM

R60

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 61October 18, 2022 1:26 AM

Svetlana and Boris hate being called out. They thought we’d given up calling obvious Boris and Svetlana’s Boris and Svetlana but we will never.

by Anonymousreply 62October 18, 2022 1:29 AM

[quote]You think they’ll try to remove our right to vote now?

R21. Yes, the Repigs are working day and night to limit voting rights. Plus, we need Dems in Congress if we are ever going to be able to codify and make women's reproductive rights the law. It's the only way to work around the Supreme Court. The Repigs will try and make it a federal law denying women.

by Anonymousreply 63October 18, 2022 1:29 AM

I’ve posted a total Of 12 times.

2 replies (me at r4 and r27) were actual replies to this thread

The other 10 posts were me replying and defending myself to the Boris troll (who is a completely unhinged domestic terrorist threat to our freedom of speech - and freedom of expressing our own opinion)

by Anonymousreply 64October 18, 2022 1:33 AM

Russia is nothing but drunks and whores.

by Anonymousreply 65October 18, 2022 1:35 AM

Like the GOP is going to do anything for women or the economy. What a joke. If this is true then I will forever be disgusted.

Inflation will be over by Nov reports and all these foolish independents will have traded it all for nothing. Smh.

by Anonymousreply 66October 18, 2022 1:37 AM

What a disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 67October 18, 2022 1:37 AM

Which party will respect our right to choose, our right to sex-segregated spaces, and can define what a woman is all at once?

Oh, that party doesn't exist, you say? Well...shit.

by Anonymousreply 68October 18, 2022 1:37 AM

LOL. OMG, the Boris accuser troll is having a complete meltdown in this and The NY Times thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 18, 2022 1:38 AM

Is this thread a parody of how a Russian would start a thread? JFC. Russians are dumb as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 70October 18, 2022 1:39 AM

[quote] Plus, we need Dems in Congress if we are ever going to be able to codify and make women's reproductive rights the law.

Because, as they've proven over the last 50 years of being in Congress, their top priority is codifying Roe v. Wade instead of using it as a campaign strategy to win the votes of women.

/s

by Anonymousreply 71October 18, 2022 1:41 AM

Another successful day of catching a dumb, really dumb Boris. Russians are drunks and whores.

by Anonymousreply 72October 18, 2022 1:43 AM

Thanks r69 I’ll check out the thread! I haven’t seen that one yet. He’s absolutely insane - I can’t stop laughing.

I hope That Boris accuser dude gets paid overtime for all his drama. I couldn’t imagine getting so stressed out on the job. Poor guy. I’m sure he’s just doing this to pay the bills and all... inflation and the economy sucks, I get it. I guess he has to do what he has to do to keep the lights on. Dude sounds like he’s about to have a stroke.

by Anonymousreply 73October 18, 2022 1:44 AM

Twitter is buzzing every day with “Lee Zeldin” trending. He’s going to win! He’s pulling ahead! The governor’s mansion in Albany is within reach! He’s going to pull it off! Newsmax, NY Post, Washington Examiner, Fox News and other extreme conservative media are crowing about the last minute victory Zeldin is going to whip out of his magician’s hat.

Meanwhile, he’s 12 points behind.

There’s some kind of deviltry afoot. Why are they spending money claiming Zeldin has a snowball’s chance in hell? This is some fuckery that suggests they’re going to try to claim the election was “stolen” because Zeldin was “so close to victory” before the election.

Complete nonsense is being disseminated on social media where dumbass republicans get most of their news.

by Anonymousreply 74October 18, 2022 1:49 AM

Russians are losing in Ukraine badly, their “men” are running in droves from being drafted, and their leader looks like an incompetent moron we all knew he is.

by Anonymousreply 75October 18, 2022 1:50 AM

White women are the worse. Equality begins and ends with them. They use the “minority” label to play victim. They don’t care about anyone but themselves.

by Anonymousreply 76October 18, 2022 1:53 AM

R76 = Racist deplorable

by Anonymousreply 77October 18, 2022 1:56 AM

I love when blacks, women, gays (on SM and DL they’re just Russian trolls claiming to be those groups) claim they aren’t automatic D votes but can’t name one fucking positive thing Republicans do for them or anyone who isn’t insanely rich. Republican policies cause crime, cause economic inequality, cause mayhem. They are terrible at governing, terrible with the economy. They hate women, blacks, hispanics, gays, asians, but they love to use them!

by Anonymousreply 78October 18, 2022 1:59 AM

Minorities need to step up for democrats. They are the ones who are always hustling for them. Not republicans. Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 79October 18, 2022 2:05 AM

[quote]I love when blacks

This is how I know that not only are you not Black, but you're also racist. We don't use that term to refer to ourselves. That's redneck-speak. You sound like you just got out of a damn klan meeting.

by Anonymousreply 80October 18, 2022 2:06 AM

[quote]Minorities need to step up for democrats. They are the ones who are always finessing and manipulating them for votes and then don't do shit once they get in office.

FTFY

by Anonymousreply 81October 18, 2022 2:08 AM

[quote]I hope That Boris accuser dude gets paid overtime for all his drama. I couldn’t imagine getting so stressed out on the job. Poor guy.

I find it hilarious that this poster and others imagine that one poster is "the Boris troll" or "the Boris accuser." How dumb do you have to be to think that? It's a DL trope. It's like the posters who think there's only one "grammar troll" making all of the "Oh. dear" comments.

by Anonymousreply 82October 18, 2022 2:09 AM

Well, I hope these women like cleaning and serving their men. Because that’s what they’re going to get in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 83October 18, 2022 2:16 AM

r83 In case you've been under a rock these past few years, both parties want us bent over and grabbing our ankles to service the every whim and desire of men. One party just refuses to actually call them men and can't seem to figure out how to define what a woman is while doing so.

by Anonymousreply 84October 18, 2022 2:19 AM

Ummmm... r78

When you talk about crime and mayhem - Please see New York’s Cashless bail law... just as one example.

Keep preaching “defund the police” - we see how that turned out. Don’t forget the crime and mayhem summer of 2020 that was encouraged and celebrated by the Democratic Party..

stop acting like they are so worried about your safety - they aren’t. And they certainly don’t care about your wallet.

Republicans don’t care either - but at this point the dems are worse. They have become the party of the wealthy and are proud of it.

by Anonymousreply 85October 18, 2022 2:20 AM

R4 I want to meet these women who supposedly can't afford $5 for cereal. I'm calling bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 86October 18, 2022 2:20 AM

They should take it up with the consolidated grocery chains. Why don’t they pull together and start a grocery co op.

So many things one can do to fight high prices besides vote for Republican assbags. It’s so infuriating.

by Anonymousreply 87October 18, 2022 2:25 AM

R86 - have you been to a grocery store lately? Imagine shopping not just for yourself, But a few kids as well.

Do you know the price of eggs? Do you know how many boxes of cereal 3 kids can go through in a week?

Have you heard about that little thing called inflation? Topped with soaring energy bills and gas?

Do you think people’s salary is increasing inline with inflation? It isn’t.

Do you know it’s now costing the average family an additional 750 A MONTH due to the rising costs of necessities? Many of these families already live paycheck to paycheck.

Stop being gleefully ignorant.

People ARE really suffering right now - they are scared, you’re ignorance isn’t cute. You actually come across as an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 88October 18, 2022 2:28 AM

Time to repeal the 19th Amendment.

by Anonymousreply 89October 18, 2022 2:29 AM

R88 Even a working class person can afford a bag of off-brand cereal and you'll never convince me otherwise. The people who can't afford cereal are already living in their cars, people who are living in intense poverty not your tired Susie Everywoman character. You're spinning a dramatic tale of Great Depression-style misery because that's the current GOP party line. Things aren't half as bad as you're pretending. Before you accuse me of being out of touch: I don't make much money, I live in a terrible city and I go to the store fives times a week. I don't know the precise cost of eggs so I guess you totally owned me there.

by Anonymousreply 90October 18, 2022 2:43 AM

Bullshit r90.

by Anonymousreply 91October 18, 2022 2:45 AM

Many Independents are really Republicans who are afraid to say it out loud. They're ashamed to admit it but they want conservatism to reign supreme and they will vote for a criminal wanna-be autocrat to give it to them.

by Anonymousreply 92October 18, 2022 2:47 AM

Yawn r92

Ya’ll turned so cray-cray it’s much easier to take on the independent label and just vote red on the down low.

Lots of people are doing it nowadays. It’s on trend,

by Anonymousreply 93October 18, 2022 4:33 AM

[quote]Don’t forget the crime and mayhem summer of 2020 that was encouraged and celebrated by the Democratic Party..

Who can forget "Joe Biden's Subway Stabbings Fuck Yeah Disco Dance Party" campaign events in the Fall of 2020? A strong selling point for pro-crime Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 94October 18, 2022 4:38 AM

[quote]Republicans don’t care either - but at this point the dems are worse. They have become the party of the wealthy and are proud of it.

Is it fun living in Backwards World?

by Anonymousreply 95October 18, 2022 5:10 AM

The Republican Party can no longer win free and fair elections. And they know that.

So they work the angle that's worked best for them over the years - fearmongering. More specifically, fearmongering over bullshit made-up culture wars nonsense amplified by their own propaganda channel. Slave reparations, trans issues, gay rights, kitty litter, nonbinary Mr. Potato heads, doesn't matter if it makes sense. If it scares enough of the rubes, they can get an election close enough so they can fuck with vote totals. Every GOP accusation is a confession.

by Anonymousreply 96October 18, 2022 5:20 AM

OP, try English.

by Anonymousreply 97October 18, 2022 5:23 AM

R96 are you sending that post to The Onion?

by Anonymousreply 98October 18, 2022 5:24 AM

How does one “independent”?

by Anonymousreply 99October 18, 2022 5:24 AM

I think these are bull shit poles pushed by the gop. Fake numbers. It freaks out Dems but they will push to get out the vote.

by Anonymousreply 100October 18, 2022 5:24 AM

Polls are not the end all. But there’s no doubt from why I see and hear that the pendulum is swinging right. It’s our own damn fault too.

by Anonymousreply 101October 18, 2022 5:27 AM

Current polling averages have the Dems holding a *s l i g h t* chance of keeping the House and Senate.

Still think this poll is an outlier designed to generate chatter.

by Anonymousreply 102October 18, 2022 5:28 AM

"all the women"? the "women" women or the women, please clarify, this is very important now.

by Anonymousreply 103October 18, 2022 5:28 AM

Oh r100, stop being silly.

Dems aren’t pushing anyone to get out the vote. They don't need to.

They have their sharpies at the ready.

by Anonymousreply 104October 18, 2022 5:30 AM

R95 Considering Bidens hiring 87,000 new irs agents to go after people that transact more than 600 dollars a year in their bank account - yeah it’s sad they are so blunt in their efforts to go after pretty much everyone who isn’t rich - Especially the poor

by Anonymousreply 105October 18, 2022 5:51 AM

[quote]"all the women"?

No, all the single ladies.

by Anonymousreply 106October 18, 2022 6:35 AM

Oooh tell us more r105! I want all their names.

(Btw, you’re a fascist liar.)

by Anonymousreply 107October 18, 2022 7:26 AM

I would like to see the stats on membership changes in Independent, Republican and Democrat affiliation before I get too stressed out about this.

Seems plausible to me that this is just a sign that many women who identify as Independent but for whom abortion would be a deal breaker have realigned with Democrats.

The thing about categories like this is that they're CATEGORIES. Independents are generally split because those who lean significantly one way are more likely to just join the party they affiliate with.

by Anonymousreply 108October 18, 2022 7:37 AM

But r108 abortion isn’t a deal breaker with everything else going on in the world.

by Anonymousreply 109October 18, 2022 1:13 PM

R109 it certainly is the biggest deal breaker

by Anonymousreply 110October 20, 2022 5:57 AM

Ok dumb bitches

by Anonymousreply 111October 20, 2022 6:07 AM

OP, apparently you didn't read the article because it doesn't say that at all.

by Anonymousreply 112October 20, 2022 6:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!