Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Question. Warnock - Dumbass debate tonight (10/14)

Will this be broadcast live on any national news shows? CNN. FOX. MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 53October 30, 2022 10:46 PM

Is this the official thread? When 7pm rolls around someone will post a live link.

Let's count how many times Herschel say 'God', 'Bible', 'fambly' and 'keeedz'.

by Anonymousreply 1October 14, 2022 10:14 PM

Where will this be broadcast? Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 2October 14, 2022 10:48 PM

David Pakman broadcasts it, though he has a tendency to interject comments during.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 14, 2022 10:54 PM

Scroll down on this news site for a live link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 14, 2022 11:00 PM

Anybody watching right now?

by Anonymousreply 5October 14, 2022 11:03 PM

I'm watching.... and drinking.

by Anonymousreply 6October 14, 2022 11:13 PM

Jesus. Walker is dumb as a stump

by Anonymousreply 7October 14, 2022 11:15 PM

They must have given Herschel A LOT of prepping. He's doing better than I expected.

by Anonymousreply 8October 14, 2022 11:16 PM

Oh My Gawd. Walker just whipped out a fake sheriff's badge claiming to be law enforcement and the moderator reprimanded him to "put that prop away." Crazy.

by Anonymousreply 9October 14, 2022 11:36 PM

I ditched the wine glass, chugging straight from the bottle now. Oy!

by Anonymousreply 10October 14, 2022 11:40 PM

According to Herschel, he is healed of his dissociative identity disorder and no longer receives treatment. The moderators did not follow up on this.

by Anonymousreply 11October 14, 2022 11:44 PM

Guy's nuts. Might as well have Kanye running.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 14, 2022 11:45 PM

We need to get to the bottom of all these abortions. Someone is lying.

by Anonymousreply 13October 15, 2022 12:01 AM

Good Lord they went easy on him. It was so obvious how they were handling Herschel like a mental patient. Which he should be

by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2022 12:02 AM

Yeah, I didn't like that R14. I get that Warnock is a nice gentle pastor and all, but I wish he had gone for the jugular. Walker has no substance and should've had his talking points torn to shreds.

by Anonymousreply 15October 15, 2022 12:05 AM

Walker is clearly an idiot but he did "better" than expected - which isn't saying much. It helps him too that Warnock is not the most eloquent in these forums. Given that only 3 points separate the decent candidate (Warnock) from the dumb candidate (Walker), the equally dumb Georgian electorate could be bamboozled enough by tonight to put Walker over the top next month.

by Anonymousreply 16October 15, 2022 12:12 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 15, 2022 12:20 AM

The alleged moderators were better suited to performing as Saturday morning cartoon hosts. Incompetence Central.

Senator Warnock should have sat this one out, leaving Walker to flash his one-man posse issued tin badge and toy guns.

"donald trump is my friend!"

Save us, D. A. Fani Willis. Save us.

Oy!

by Anonymousreply 18October 15, 2022 12:23 AM

Walker basically had to convince voters he was not over the top insane, a very low bar, but one some people had doubts about.

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2022 12:24 AM

"PROPS are not allowed"...........oh no....That's bad news for Mayor Pete if he debates again. Without the Hooterville Twins how will he be able to push his hetero-normative shtickt?....

by Anonymousreply 20October 15, 2022 12:34 AM

Here is the problem. People wanted him to be a drooling idiot and he was not. Same for Trump. They expected Hillary to crush him and she didn't so he became electable. They needed to make Herschel a fook on TV and they didn't.

by Anonymousreply 21October 15, 2022 12:36 AM

Exactly R21

Both instances prove out the old adage about why you should never argue with an idiot

by Anonymousreply 22October 15, 2022 12:37 AM

R21, except he did look like a fool. That stupid badge and claiming to be "law enforcement"

by Anonymousreply 23October 15, 2022 12:39 AM

And Hillary DID crush Trump.

by Anonymousreply 24October 15, 2022 12:39 AM

He humiliated himself

by Anonymousreply 25October 15, 2022 12:49 AM

Watching highlights on Chtis Hayes. Did Walker just tell Rev. Warnock to "read the Bible" in response to an abortion question?

by Anonymousreply 26October 15, 2022 12:50 AM

It doesn't matter if Walker is an incompetent, unsuitable dumbass.

If he is elected he will join dozens of back of the class, degenerate ,angry remedial students who have already been elected by republican voters.

He will do what he is told and will vote the way his Betters tell him to vote.

In order to own the Libs, he and many of the Slow sitting republicans in both Houses are useful voting cannon fodder - nothing more.

They don't need brains.

by Anonymousreply 27October 15, 2022 12:51 AM

Yes, he did R26

by Anonymousreply 28October 15, 2022 12:51 AM

So DL, what's the general mood about all of these upcoming races? Nervous? Excited? Resigned to the impending death of America as we know it?

by Anonymousreply 29October 15, 2022 12:54 AM

It seemed as though the single moment of loudest applause of the night came via a Warnock abortion answer that put herschel and the extremist right wing republicans on the spot for what they advocate for and have caused to happen in America since the repeal of Roe vs. Wade.

And then there was the tiresome trope dragged out over and over and over by herschel that I thought I heard as, "He in Washington.."

by Anonymousreply 30October 15, 2022 1:01 AM

LINK....DEBATE....must I do everything?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 15, 2022 1:57 AM

If you are for Warnock then the badge stunt looked silly and juvenile, but you have to remember the type of people who support Walker are Trump supporters and the badge was probably viewed as proof that Walker really is a cop. They tend to believe what they see and hear when they want to..

by Anonymousreply 32October 15, 2022 3:05 AM

Hot Take:

Perdue giving money to Kemp is basically a downpayment for returning to the Senate seat he used to hold. It's a calculation that Kemp will be elected over Abrams and Warnock will be defeated by Walker...who will then become "incapacitated" in some way and the governor will get to appoint a replacement.

Perdue plans to be that replacement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 15, 2022 1:08 PM

I wish they would ask Dr. Oz if you can be cured of Personality Dissociative Disorder. "While there's also no "cure" for dissociative identity disorder, long-term treatment can be helpful, if the patient stays committed." In case no one is aware, Walker has it, says he is cured of it which means he is no longer seeking treatment for something that cannot be cured. I wonder if the Walker running for Senate is a personality.

by Anonymousreply 34October 15, 2022 2:15 PM

Walker wrote a book about his struggles with DID, along with his suicide attempts, explaining he had a feeling of disconnect from childhood to the professional leagues. To cope, he developed a tough personality that didn't feel loneliness, one that was fearless and wanted to act out the anger he always suppressed. These "alters" could withstand the abuse he felt; other alters came to help him rise to national fame. Treatment helped Walker realize that these alternate personalities are part of dissociative identity disorder, which he was diagnosed with in adulthood.

by Anonymousreply 35October 15, 2022 2:29 PM

^^^ All good things.

Still not qualifiers for a senate seat, though.

by Anonymousreply 36October 15, 2022 2:33 PM

r36 I never said he was qualified. In fact I scream he is the most unqualified, but the problem is so was Trump and he won. They don't want qualifed. They want a slew of dumb people who will vote the way they say. Look at Liz Cheaney and Adan Kinzinger, They are doing the right thing and both have been blackballed by their party.

by Anonymousreply 37October 15, 2022 2:40 PM

Walker reminds me of Trump in 2016. Naively critical, and full of bravado and grandiose plans about being an outsider who was going to shake things up in Washington. Then they get the job and don't know how to make things happen because they aren't politicians (though Trump was able to assemble a team to prevent total collapse while he golfed).

Don't hire a Plumber to perm your hair.

by Anonymousreply 38October 15, 2022 6:20 PM

{quote] Not only did he write a book about having 12 different personalities, he wrote it with two other people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 15, 2022 6:37 PM

I think that a majority of independents in Georgia, who by virtue of their numbers will decide this race, will be put off by the obvious elephant in the room: that herschel is intellectually challenged and not up to the position of being a sitting U.S. Senator for the State of Georgia.

Nevertheless, I am concerned over how the Walker campaign has far out-stripped the Warnock campaign in terms of the volume of mailers that I am receiving at my home in south suburban Atlanta. Reading lies over and over can have an effect.

by Anonymousreply 40October 15, 2022 9:22 PM

aaaaannnnd tonight's debate:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 16, 2022 11:33 PM

And just to reiterate. THERE IS NO CURE FOR DISSOCIATIVE PERSONALITY DISORDER. NONE. The closest you can get is to integrate some of the personalities.

by Anonymousreply 42October 17, 2022 3:17 AM

The empty lectern is smarter than Walker — and, as a bonus, has never falsely claimed to be a cop.

by Anonymousreply 43October 17, 2022 3:45 AM

Walker's base is people who want the status quo to protect them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 20, 2022 2:30 PM

The Republicans thought they had created Walker in a laboratory as the perfect foe for Warnock: black, male, religious, heterosexual, sporty... Yeah, he had domestic troubles in his past, but so did Warnock! They didn't vet him properly, though- too many skeletons in that closet.

Maybe he's some kind of crazy experiment: how stupid can the voters be? Let's see.

by Anonymousreply 45October 20, 2022 3:58 PM

Vet him? All they had to do was have a casual chat with him to know he’s an imbecile.

by Anonymousreply 46October 20, 2022 5:19 PM

GOP control of the Senate for the next 6 years? Enjoy our marriage while it's still legal. Exactly why did the Democrats not codify it? I thought they did have to votes, as a few GOPs were inclined to support it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 28, 2022 2:52 PM

Welp, you get the government you vote for. I hope those Georgia Republicans enjoy the future hellscape their party will unleash upon the country.

by Anonymousreply 48October 28, 2022 3:06 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 29, 2022 3:42 AM

Do we miss him and his rhetoric, R49!

by Anonymousreply 50October 29, 2022 4:39 AM

[quote] I thought they did have to votes, as a few GOPs were inclined to support it.

Not enough of them. It was put on hold until after the election. If the Dems lose the Senate, there’s little chance it would pass.

by Anonymousreply 51October 29, 2022 6:23 AM

[QUOTE] They really treating this grown man like a child. They're literally giving him a badge at a Golden Corral

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 30, 2022 7:41 PM

oh...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 30, 2022 10:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!