Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Goodbye to my fiends here at Datalounge. Part 2

I am continuing my thread, because you are helping us. It gives me something to look forward to. First batch of loved ones coming this weekend. The first of some tough goodbye’s. 🙏

by Anonymousreply 542November 22, 2022 5:10 PM

This is me posting above

by Anonymousreply 1October 12, 2022 4:18 AM

Master Yoda, you survived.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 12, 2022 4:22 AM

Big virtual hugs Joe. Please keep posting

by Anonymousreply 3October 12, 2022 4:29 AM

Yay! Thanks, Joe. We'll be here for you.

by Anonymousreply 4October 12, 2022 4:39 AM

My plan is to take you along as long as I can. If it helps anyone, that would be good.

by Anonymousreply 5October 12, 2022 5:24 AM

I don't know if you know this song, my brother died of cystic fibrosis when he was 30 and was sick all his life. He wanted this played at his funeral and we did, we made a dvd of his pictures with this song. It's a beautiful song. I wish you peace and and I wish your family grace and comfort.

"And oh, when I'm old and wise Bitter words mean little to me Autumn winds will blow right through me And someday in the midst of time When they asked me if I knew you I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine And the sadness would be lifted from my eyes Oh, when I'm old and wise"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 12, 2022 5:29 AM

Fiends, Joe?? ; - )

by Anonymousreply 7October 12, 2022 6:53 AM

Sending you love Joe. Thread 2 here we go ❤️

by Anonymousreply 8October 12, 2022 7:38 AM

I, for one, can fully admit to my occasional fiendishness.

by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2022 7:50 AM

Please keep posting and updating with new threads.

We care about you! You are important to us and me too.

by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2022 7:56 AM

I was hoping to get promoted to friand but I’ll take fiend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2022 8:14 AM

Dearest Joe...sending you & Mark lots of love. I admire your bravery and thank you for sharing yourself with us. DL can be (and usually is) a cesspool of negativity....but this thread(s) gives me hope. Peace, brother.

by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2022 8:34 AM

Joe, if it’s any comfort, you’ll live on in this thread years after you’re gone. Chronicling your journey will provide help or comfort to many over the years.

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2022 10:40 AM

Make sure that you don't let other people's emotions overwhelm you. Your feelings are paramount. And, of course, Mark's. Still holding you in my heart, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2022 11:54 AM

Joe, I’m hoping this makes its through to Part 20 and beyond. Hang around for a long while yet - we won’t get bored!

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2022 12:18 PM

R5 it definitely helps, your touching stories give me hope; and with that you are making some lives a little better.

Hug, D.

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2022 12:31 PM

Thank you again Joe for sharing your story and your journey with us. We're here with you! Big hug!

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2022 12:38 PM

Joe - are you able take Ativan or klonopin before the hospice meetings? I hate that they make you so anxious you're shaking after.

Is that an option?

Sending hugs.

by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2022 3:38 PM

Joe, I love the typo, I think it's very fitting. Being closer to being a crone, I think about the end of time. You're are so lucky to have so much support. Sending positive thoughts for you and Mark.

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2022 4:02 PM

Joe, I hope you are able to focus on your many blessings. You found love and companionship lasting most of your lifetime. What a gift!

by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2022 4:15 PM

Fiends? Ha! A truly DL-worthy bonehead error! I'd be lying if said I did it on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2022 5:55 PM

I love when a Freudian slip becomes side eye without even trying. 🤭

by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2022 6:04 PM

Sounds like you need to state your boundaries with that hospice person.

In regards to what R18 said, when I was in the ER facing death I felt a great sense of peace being held up in prayer by loved ones and knowing my wife would be financially secure should I pass. Or it could have been the IV Ativan. Yep, probably the Ativan.

If you do benzo before meeting though record it, because anterograde amnesia….

by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2022 8:08 PM

You bunch of knuckleheads. I love more than you know. 💕

by Anonymousreply 24October 12, 2022 9:41 PM

I'd ask those visitors to bring sacs of pain meds, Joe. I really would. I'd feel better having a stash for whatever even if it's just to top up the prescribed meds when they might not feel enough. I recall DL friend Brian did this.

I'm on the Judy Pills spectrum though so consider that.

by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2022 10:55 PM

Hospice is very generous with drugs. I say “Bring it on”. I have never been opposed to pharmaceuticals. I have a boatload of anxiety, sleep and pain meds. They even brought emergency pain and anxiety kit.

by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2022 11:01 PM

Joe, can we meet behind your local strip mall? I’ll buy your pharmaceuticals. Reasonable price, and I’ll show you my circumcision scar.

by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2022 11:51 PM

^^ROFL

by Anonymousreply 28October 13, 2022 12:14 AM

Are you smoking weed as well, Joe? The husbear brought home some with high CBD content and it works like a dream on chronic back pain from lifting too hard in the gym.

What kinds of things are you and Mark doing during the day?

by Anonymousreply 29October 13, 2022 12:38 AM

Copious amounts, silly R29.

by Anonymousreply 30October 13, 2022 12:51 AM

Copious amounts, silly!

by Anonymousreply 31October 13, 2022 12:53 AM

Are you able to watch TV/movies and distract yourself Joe? Or have things been too busy with appointments?

by Anonymousreply 32October 13, 2022 1:21 AM

“DL fiends” will go down in history as one of the all-time great DL typos.

by Anonymousreply 33October 13, 2022 1:25 AM

Both of you keep hanging in there!

by Anonymousreply 34October 13, 2022 1:28 AM

[quote]"DL fiends” will go down in history as one of the all-time great DL typos.

...and in time for Hallowe'en!

by Anonymousreply 35October 13, 2022 1:33 AM

"'DL fiends' will go down in history as one of the all-time great DL typos."

Congratulations, Joe! You have achieved absolute immortality with a new Datalounge meme!!

When my mom was in the final stage of her cancer, the hospice people brought Ativan and she really felt it helped a lot. If you haven't tried it already, you might want to -to take some of the stress off. :)

by Anonymousreply 36October 13, 2022 2:05 AM

I really want this to become a thing, unlike fetch which isn't going to happen. I hope to see "tasteful fiends" threads!

by Anonymousreply 37October 13, 2022 2:11 AM

"Fiends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears..."

"Ya got ta have fiiieeends, the feelins oh so strong!"

"I get high with a little help from my fiends..."

I could do this all night!

by Anonymousreply 38October 13, 2022 2:26 AM

“I want total sensory deprivation and back up drugs!!”

by Anonymousreply 39October 13, 2022 2:32 AM

One upon a time, PA had a license place that said, "You've Got a Friend in Pennsylvania." It annoyed the shit outta me that they said "You've Got," which I don't believe is grammatically correct, but then I had an idea: I took a blue magic marker and colored over the "r" in "Friend," thus making it "Fiend."

Those were the days!

Thinking of you, Joe -- and Mark too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40October 13, 2022 2:36 AM

It is grammatically correct, though it seems a construction not used that much.

Joe, you are funny! at R31.

by Anonymousreply 41October 13, 2022 3:27 AM

Good morning, Joe! I hope you and Mark enjoy your day!

by Anonymousreply 42October 13, 2022 11:18 AM

R40 I'm in the state of P fucking A

by Anonymousreply 43October 13, 2022 2:45 PM

You older gays are so smart to have remained childless.

Couldn't let your threads go by without

by Anonymousreply 44October 13, 2022 3:30 PM

(This lovely message was over on part 1. Want to make sure Joe gets to see it, so I'm pasting it here.)

Thinking of you today, Joe, and hoping you and Mark are finding moments of joy (the copious amounts of pot can help with this).

Wishing you could see the gorgeous leaves here in the northeast. Brilliant yellows new oranges and bright red all around, while geese squawk overhead, discussing their winter travel plans.

Our lives are continually changing. This, for you, is the next chapter, a time to reflect back on your many blessings, and you are blessed to have Mark by your side.

Praying for no pain.

by Anonymousreply 45October 14, 2022 12:28 AM

🎶 For good times and bad times

I'll be on your side forever more

That's what fiends are for🎵!

by Anonymousreply 46October 14, 2022 2:47 AM

Joe, I think it was Randy Newman who said it best:

“You've got a fiend in me You've got a fiend in me When the road looks rough ahead And you're miles and miles from your nice warm bed You just remember what your old pal said Boy, you've got a fiend in me Yeah, you've got a fiend in me”

by Anonymousreply 47October 14, 2022 2:56 AM

Joe, as Mrs Dorothy Zbornak said more than once to Mrs Blanche Devereaux: “thank you for being a fiend.”

by Anonymousreply 48October 14, 2022 3:01 AM

… And I am all alone

There is no one here beside me

And my problems have all gone

There is no one to deride me

… But yah got to have fiends

The feeling's oh so strong

Yah got to have fiends

To make that day last long

… I had some fiends but they're gone

Somethin' came and took them away

And from the dusk 'til the dawn

Here is where I'll stay

… Standing at the end of the road, boys

Waiting for my new friends to come

I don't care if I'm hungry or poor

I'm gonna get me some of them

… 'Cause you got to have fiends

La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, fiends

That's right you, oh you, yeah you

… I had some fiends, oh, but they're all gone, gone

Somethin' came and snatched them away

And from the dusk until the ran ran dawn, you know

Here is where I gotta stay, here is where I gotta stay

… And I'm standing at the end of a real long road

And I'm waiting for my new fiends to come

I don't care if I'm hungry or freezing' cold

I'm gonna get me some of them

… 'Cause you gotta have fiends

That's right, fiends, fiends

I gotta get my, I gotta get my, I gotta get my

Look around and see all of my fiends

Oh, fiends fiends fiends

(It’s actually written into my will to have this song played at my funeral)

by Anonymousreply 49October 14, 2022 5:04 AM

Joe If you are a fan of the Halloween films then watch the latest one on Peacock.

I think it's a great ending to the franchise/trilogy.

Hope your weekend goes the way that you want it to.

Some Go Go love for ya -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 14, 2022 5:30 AM

Oh, hell, R46, just post the video! For Joe:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 14, 2022 5:53 AM

Thinking of you both today Joe.

by Anonymousreply 52October 14, 2022 10:16 AM

How are you doing Joe?

by Anonymousreply 53October 14, 2022 1:30 PM

Hi Joe. I imagine some of your visitors have arrived. Thinking of you and Mark and wishing you both a sweet weekend with loved ones.

by Anonymousreply 54October 15, 2022 1:34 AM

Hi Joe, Wishing and praying for peace and painlessness for you and Mark.

by Anonymousreply 55October 15, 2022 1:41 AM

I sat on your chair by the fire Transfixed in a stare, taking me higher Precious years to remember Childhood fears I surrender I still recall you I see you in summer Joe

"Joe" The Cranberries

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 15, 2022 2:09 AM

Joe - Back in the 90s there was a NBC show that had the following song in the opening credits, and reminded me of you and Mark. Sending you both lots of love 💖.

“I’ll be there for you where the rain starts to fall

I’ll be there for you ‘cause I’ve been there before

I’ll be there for you ‘cause you’re there for me too

Wooo ooo”

by Anonymousreply 57October 15, 2022 4:30 AM

Real love to you and your Mark, Joe. <3 Smoking one to you both.

by Anonymousreply 58October 15, 2022 4:34 AM

LOL, R57. Congratulations on pulling that one from deep in your memory bank!

by Anonymousreply 59October 15, 2022 4:53 AM

Joe I hope you and Mark had a peaceful Friday night, and I hope you're both now sound asleep and dreaming nice dreams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 15, 2022 6:22 AM

Joe you have such a beautiful soul. Your eternal being will shine because consciousness is infinite. I love how so many are wishing you blessings on this thread. 🙌

by Anonymousreply 61October 15, 2022 6:24 AM

Sending you and Mark my love.

by Anonymousreply 62October 15, 2022 11:28 AM

Good morning. Thanks for all your loving thoughts. R60…you really got us with that.😥 My Goddaughter and her brother arrived yesterday. It is great seeing them. When they hug me, I want to stay there forever. Saying a final farewell tomorrow is going to wreck me and then. So kind of them to travel cross country to see me.♥️

by Anonymousreply 63October 15, 2022 3:54 PM

Morning, Joe. Hang in there -today you'll be spending time with people you love. And the rest of us will be here should you want to talk about it later. :)

by Anonymousreply 64October 15, 2022 4:50 PM

We're all here for you Joe. Writing that seems so trite, but I promise it's meant with more love than an internet connection allows us to properly express.

by Anonymousreply 65October 15, 2022 5:48 PM

“Final farewell” Oh Joe, so many hugs for you.

by Anonymousreply 66October 15, 2022 7:35 PM

Joe! Not sure if watching films is something you are interested in right now but if you are? in keeping with the theme of this post’s title, as well as the fact that it’s really fascinating/dark/funny, i recommend this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67October 15, 2022 7:40 PM

Cute that you wrote 'goodbye to my fiends.' 🙃

How are you, Joe? Physically and emotionally. You seem most concerned with your family visiting you in your recent posts rather than existential thoughts, and I find that interesting. I hope you are feeling loved and full of love.

All of us obviously are anonymous voices in a void but we do love you and feel for you deeply. If you need to say anything that you can't say to anyone in your life, we are here to listen.

I want to thank you for sharing this part of your life with us. I'm crying as I write this just because of what's happening and how you are moving through it. You've got our hearts and besides all your real-world merits, you're a DataLounge legend. You've made even most of the worst shut up and confess they are human beings, too. You're going to be a powerhouse in your next phase of life.

by Anonymousreply 68October 15, 2022 10:26 PM

r68 said it all. Also, I love you, Joe. all of what you've shared with us here. you've laid bare your very soul, and i know it will outlast your physical body. thank you so much for letting us into a so very personal experience. wish i could give you a very warm hug. Please let us all hold you close for however you are here, and beyond.

Love to you today, Joe and Mark.

by Anonymousreply 69October 15, 2022 10:35 PM

Hi from Australia to Joe and Mark, keeping you in my thoughts and wishing you peace, love and many hugs and virtual hugs from us here on DL for your days ahead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70October 16, 2022 1:07 AM

Evening all. R68…We live a somewhat monastic life. Our world has always been our love for each other and our pets so having a stream of people in our tiny home is a bit upending. However, the love that come with it gives us strength. Our family has two generations who only know us as a couple. They have all stated often that we are the role models for their marriages. We take great pride in that. Mark is so moved by all your love and support he has a hard time reading your posts without breaking down. He just finished rubbing CBD oil on my back. Heavenly! He is so wonderful. ♥️

by Anonymousreply 71October 16, 2022 4:44 AM

One could only aspire to have a Mark as you do. May you two be blessed now and beyond this life.

by Anonymousreply 72October 16, 2022 5:05 AM

I just want to say I envy the life and love you and Mark have.

by Anonymousreply 73October 16, 2022 5:29 AM

DL fiends is right up there with thug duck as one of the greatest DL typos. Take a minute to read the thread, it will make you smile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74October 16, 2022 5:35 AM

Joe, now you made me cry with the CBD oil on the back — my husband does the same for me, it is one of the kindest things he does for me, though there are too many to count.

And hearing that your family sees you both as their their marriage role model? I gasped when I read that because it’s just so beautiful. Even with all that is wrong with this world, there IS something right that you and Mark are now the wise, elder, married couple that younger pairs look to, learn from, discuss together, and compare themselves to you. Think of the ripple effects of the waves of your love with Mark — how is that not the most beautiful story ever told here on DL? It is transcendent. Your love will carry on through all the people you know, and they are passing it on to their children and so forth. 50 years ago, that just would not have happened in even the most liberal families because gay couples were not yet seen as similar to straights, much less *aspirational*.

May you both be blessed with many tender moments yet to come. May you both be blessed with intimate exchanges that only require a glance, no words. May you both be carried on the carpet of love from friends, family, and DL, riding the winds together on your journey.

by Anonymousreply 75October 16, 2022 5:36 AM

Yoy, Joe...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 16, 2022 5:52 AM

Morning, Joe. Just want to say I'm thinking of you and Mark and hope you two are having a great weekend.

by Anonymousreply 77October 16, 2022 2:14 PM

Love to you both today.

by Anonymousreply 78October 16, 2022 2:23 PM

Joe - I am writing this message from my dark bedroom in my bed while over the past year I try to recover from a very severe depression (nothing interests me anymore and I spend days and nights in bed). I just wanted you to know that ever since the day you started this thread, reading through the posts has been one of the very few things I look forward to.

This is not about me - this thread is about you and the love and support all of us are sending your way. Just making you and Mark aware that inadvertently you created the most interesting and beautiful thread I’ve ever read. So much love amongst folks who never met and never will but united in love and longing to continue this gracious exchange of kindness.

Thank you for sharing your story. Hugging you both and sending and extraordinary amount of love 💖

by Anonymousreply 79October 16, 2022 4:02 PM

Beautiful post, R79. It has definite resonances with my own life, and I completely agree about the wonderfully positive energy Joe and his posts give. I'm sending my love to you, as well as more of my good wishes to the inspiring Joe and Mark.

by Anonymousreply 80October 16, 2022 4:06 PM

Thank you R80 and you nailed it. Joe and Mark are truly inspiring.

by Anonymousreply 81October 16, 2022 4:17 PM

R79...I am sorry you are suffering from depression. If my posts bring you some level of comfort, it is a good thing. I hope you find peace somehow. The visit with my nephew and niece has been wonderful. The four of us went to the coast. We are only 15 or so minutes from the Pacific. I suspect it will be my last visit to the beach. Today, they will be visiting for the last time and then heading back east. This will be the hardest part. I am trying to build up my strength so that I don't break down emotionally before they leave. I hope I can maintain it for their sake. The week coming brings more hospice visits and the finalization of the End of Life plans. Ugh! I am not looking forward to it. Again, thank you all for your kindness and comfort.

by Anonymousreply 82October 16, 2022 4:19 PM

Oh, Joe, how I'd love to have coffee with you and Mark, to absorb some of your love and strength and try to return the same.

Still thinking of you every day.

With your niece and nephew - let it unfold as it needs to. I don't think there is any "right" way to say goodbye.

by Anonymousreply 83October 16, 2022 4:32 PM

Joe, I don't know if you know William Finn's Elegies. It's a theatre piece/song cycle about friends and loved ones who have died. The song below was written about his mother, whose death prompted the work. Your story of your trip to the beach reminded me of this song, and my own experience when my own mother was going through what you are.

The whole album is on YouTube if you're interested. Some of the songs are funny -some sad, and some just thoughtful and moving.

Happy Sunday, Joe. Hope it's a great day!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84October 16, 2022 8:04 PM

Bigs hugs to both you and Mark, Joe. 🫂❤️

by Anonymousreply 85October 16, 2022 8:16 PM

Thinking of you, Joe. I hope Monday is a good one, old sport.

by Anonymousreply 86October 16, 2022 11:57 PM

Good evening…Our remarkable nephew and niece just left. We managed to keep it together but it was hard. My Nephew is a teacher of audio/video production. He set us up on the couch and my niece interviewed us. He is very professional. He wanted to conduct a last interview. They had prepared questions. It was lovely. I provided the commentary and Mark provided the emotion and depth of feeling. At a few spots tears flowed but it was all positive. I told him about all of you and how supportive you have been. I explained what an interesting and complex bunch we are here. He thinks he can make the finished product available to share . Your comments moved them . 💕♥️

by Anonymousreply 87October 17, 2022 12:07 AM

Oh Joe - these updates are beautiful ❤️ If your nephew ever does make that footage available, I think you would actually hear the collective weeping and sobs from DLers up in heaven. I’m tearing up at the thought of it. Your gay angel friends will say “what are those MARYS carrying on about now?”

by Anonymousreply 88October 17, 2022 12:19 AM

Yes please- we would love to see you and Mark and hear your stories.

by Anonymousreply 89October 17, 2022 12:22 AM

R87, to share with us? That would be… remarkable.

by Anonymousreply 90October 17, 2022 12:33 AM

I hope your nephew makes a documentary about your lives together, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 91October 17, 2022 12:40 AM

How wonderfully thoughtful to record you. They sound like special people.

by Anonymousreply 92October 17, 2022 12:58 AM

Honestly, I would love to share with you. If I get up the nerve I might link to my blog. I wrote it 10 yrs ago and have shared a few paragraphs on these threads. But it is full of errors I haven’t been able to correct. However, it is full of pictures of our first year. I’m kind of thin skinned because I am not a writer. But, you all have been so great to us so I just might. .♥️

by Anonymousreply 93October 17, 2022 1:00 AM

Joe, I'm into it—errors and all—and I promise not one "Oh, dear."

by Anonymousreply 94October 17, 2022 1:03 AM

[quote]it is full of pictures of our first year.

I'm hoping you and Mark met at one of Max/Mary's Nana's cul-de-sac parties, so we'd have photo proof of Ricardo Montalbán's gimp leg and Mrs. Moe Howard's tuna casserole.

And if you do have a few hours of television time in you, Turner is having their Helen Lawson film festival next week. Check your local listings.

by Anonymousreply 95October 17, 2022 1:11 AM

Hey Joe, allow me to oh, dear you now so I don't have to do it later.

by Anonymousreply 96October 17, 2022 1:14 AM

I love you, Joe

by Anonymousreply 97October 17, 2022 1:25 AM

R98 is unloved. Will someone please give him a mercy fuck?

by Anonymousreply 99October 17, 2022 1:49 AM

What is "ghoulish" about it? Think about your word choice.

by Anonymousreply 100October 17, 2022 1:51 AM

Joe if you and Mark agree to share the video we would absolute LOVE it. Understand this is a private decision and you have so much to handle now.

Please let us know so I can go to CVS and get all their Kleenex inventory.

by Anonymousreply 101October 17, 2022 2:02 AM

I can see the news headlines saying there has been an overwhelming surge in Kleenex’s sales, shelves will be EMPTY like sanitizers back in the day. People will have no idea it’s the effect of DL watching Joe’s and Mark’s video.

Thinking of you and sending love.

by Anonymousreply 102October 17, 2022 2:09 AM

I wish it weren’t true. I am dying slowly and my interaction here is special to me. If a love story is off putting for some, mores the pity. Besides I don’t have the creative ability to make this shit up.

by Anonymousreply 103October 17, 2022 2:10 AM

Percentage-wise, Joe, we’re lucky we only have one POS posting on this thread, considering the number of them in our population.

by Anonymousreply 104October 17, 2022 2:13 AM

I didn’t even see what R98 posted as he was blocked for me. Clearly a sad angry soul without any idea of what love and kindness means.

I’m with R104. It is one out of hundreds (soon thousands) who are sending Joe and Mark a tremendous amount of love 💕

by Anonymousreply 105October 17, 2022 2:18 AM

Hey, Joe. I think of you often. A friend of mine had those goodbyes. She flew to the East coast to say goodbye to her sister who was terminal w/ lung cancer. (Never smoked. She was a physician.) It’s difficult to imagine how difficult that is.

Any thoughts on that as opposed to a sudden death? Is it better to know and say goodbye?

by Anonymousreply 106October 17, 2022 2:25 AM

When our lovely Brian Nash was dying of tongue/throat cancer, people at the beginning thought he was fake. But his sweet and giving nature (I have one of his paintings) won through. We encouraged him to go to England, which was one of his dying wishes, even though he could barely eat or drink anything. His threads went to 4 I think.

I hope that yours goes beyond 4 Joe. You'll have lovely companions wherever you are going.

by Anonymousreply 107October 17, 2022 2:35 AM

Joe-

Just thinking of you.

by Anonymousreply 108October 17, 2022 2:43 AM

R104…Not to worry, it doesn’t bother me. ♥️

by Anonymousreply 109October 17, 2022 3:21 AM

Hi Joe, Thank you for having the courage to share your journey with us. I've been following along and wondered if you have maybe a last wish? Wouldn't it be awesome if some wealthy DLer could help make that happen? Anything you'd like us to do? Anything you'd like? I've seen DL do amazing things here in years past. There are some really great people here. Sending you and Mark wishes for peace and comfort.

by Anonymousreply 110October 17, 2022 4:24 AM

R110…You are very kind. My last wish can’t be bought. I want Mark to have the stamina to get through the remaining journey. My biological family are holding him tight. It is a big family and they love him deeply. Rightfully so. He is an angel.

by Anonymousreply 111October 17, 2022 5:06 AM

You're surrounded by love here Joe. Peace and serenity to you and yours from Massachusetts.

by Anonymousreply 112October 17, 2022 6:19 AM

^And from Oregon. Wishing you love, which it sounds like you already have in spades, Joe. So glad Mark and you have each other.

by Anonymousreply 113October 17, 2022 6:26 AM

I took part in the first thread, can someone update me if Joe is getting euthanasia? How does this work. I am also thinking of this option if I ever get a terminal illness.

Joe, you are probably very weak now and just want to say thank you for blessing us with your presence and kindness. I don't know you but I love you!

by Anonymousreply 114October 17, 2022 6:53 AM

We love you Joe and Mark!!

by Anonymousreply 115October 17, 2022 7:05 AM

11/10

by Anonymousreply 116October 17, 2022 7:43 AM

Sending you love, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 117October 17, 2022 7:45 AM

Ok Joe got Mark. But who has Mark got after Joe is gone ?

by Anonymousreply 118October 17, 2022 9:04 AM

Mark has us, r118.

Hundreds of us.

by Anonymousreply 119October 17, 2022 9:15 AM

R119 some comfort

by Anonymousreply 120October 17, 2022 9:34 AM

The psycho on this thread is the AWF troll, whomst everyone should have on ignore, just on principle.

by Anonymousreply 121October 17, 2022 9:39 AM

Joe, could you tell us one of the things you did back down here on planet Earth that make you so proud of having achieving. It doesn't have to be something important. For instance, one for me, would have been to help one morning an old lady opening a pot of jam she couldn't open; she got down on the street and called me over and ask to open the pot, which I did and I gave it back to her with a kiss on the cheeck and told her to get back inside because it was so cold and snowy that day. It not only made my day, it's making my moment everytime I think of this moment.

So what would be a couple of your most proud moments, moments that instantly brighten your mood.

by Anonymousreply 122October 17, 2022 9:52 AM

R122...Still here on earth, but since you asked I will try to answer. My proudest achievement is our 50 yrs of marriage. All I have to do to brighten my mood is to think back over the decades and many moments of pride and joy come forth. I just look at Mark and it brings comfort. I talk to the younger members of my family and they all say that we are the most enduring marriage. We are who they look to for relationship advice. We are very proud of that.

by Anonymousreply 123October 17, 2022 4:09 PM

R121 I have that guy blocked already and now everyone can know and block him too. Joe, I'm glad you're getting to go out a bit and visit. I hope we can see the interview your nephew made. 50 fucking years, that is something to aspire to and be proud of. I'm glad you and Joe never went to Jasmine Guy's house, we know what happens there. I hope you are comfortable and are eating good fattening foods if you are still so inclined to eat. If you aren't, I hope you are taking copious amounts of drugs. I pray for Mark, it's the ones who are left behind that are most affected, you'll be just fine. Love to you.

by Anonymousreply 124October 17, 2022 4:44 PM

Joe, is there anything you guys need? I’m not kidding at all. What could we do from here to help? Do you feel like you need a house-keeper yet, a grocery shopper?

Please think about that because I know deep in my soul that people here would love to help if you need some extra support. I know you aren’t in “hardship” financially, but I also know being sick is incredibly expensive, and having the right support is everything. If you could benefit from a “mother’s helper” kind of service, a home-aid, whatever, it’s ok to share here. One of us could start a small go-fund me for you, it is so easy to do.

I understand if it’s a pass too, we are just random people, BUT! Crazier things have happened. So if we can do something to make things less stressful for you, I am confident we could make that happen.

🌈🌈🌈

And on that note, two quick questions if you feel like chatting.

First, what is one piece of wisdom that you would tell your younger self?

Second, is the greatest lesson you’ve learned?

by Anonymousreply 125October 17, 2022 5:01 PM

R125...Actually, the advice I would give my younger self is the same as the advice I followed. Cut your losses, carefully pick your battles. Know when to walk away. Avoid people who suck the joy out of just about every situation. My greatest lesson, hmmm! Forgiveness. Not only does it help the person you are forgiving, but it also helps you as well.

by Anonymousreply 126October 17, 2022 5:13 PM

Joe that is golden, thanks for sharing that.

by Anonymousreply 127October 17, 2022 5:15 PM

Thank you Joe for the advice ❤️

Hope your appointments go as well as they can this week.

by Anonymousreply 128October 17, 2022 5:27 PM

Joe, so right about forgiveness. A couple weeks ago I got into a tiff with two people. I kind of overreacted about something but then discovered they’d misled me about some stuff. I was furious.

And then I realized: it’s not a conflict unless I let it be one.

I immediately let go of my anger, apologized for my part and said it was all water under the bridge. And all of us felt so much better! Amazing it’s taken me so long to figure this out.

by Anonymousreply 129October 17, 2022 6:52 PM

Inexplicably happy today. You all help. Thank you again.♥️

by Anonymousreply 130October 17, 2022 9:52 PM

Besitos, Joe, from Andalucia. Mucho mucho amor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131October 18, 2022 1:27 AM

Even if Joe isn't real, R132, who cares? He's brought out the good in a usually cynical jaded bunch. He hasn't asked us for anything, I don't get your pleasure in exposing him. Go find some go fund me grifters and expose them, Joe isn't hurting anyone.

by Anonymousreply 133October 18, 2022 2:05 AM

R132…I rarely post under my authentic name. I have almost always posted anonymously. I felt in order to be real I should identify myself. The fact that I was able to get a common name like Joe could only have happened in 2001 when I joined. If you find the thread boring, don’t read it. I’m dying and happy whereas you are living but miserable. I am not doing this to amuse you.

by Anonymousreply 134October 18, 2022 2:06 AM

That’s not accurate R132, he hasn’t “slipped up” and his posts probably “start” in Sept 2022 because that’s when he started signing with his handle for the goodbye friends (before we all became fiends) post.

Ignore this Joe ❤️

by Anonymousreply 135October 18, 2022 2:07 AM

Which is not to say I don't think you're real, Joe. And in fact I was wearing my Misfits Fiend Club shirt today in your honor.

by Anonymousreply 136October 18, 2022 2:12 AM

R137, I say this seriously. You might want to switch to decaf.

by Anonymousreply 138October 18, 2022 2:24 AM

I have anal cancer but I still enjoy coffee R138. God Bless You.

by Anonymousreply 139October 18, 2022 2:27 AM

R132 Seek help. And learn how to use Datalounge. Begone now.

by Anonymousreply 140October 18, 2022 2:38 AM

I checked into a crappy hotel today - but the sunset from the balcony was glorious.

Don't engage the troll(s), r138, r140. I don't block, because if I did, I couldn't keep F&Fing them. Flames & Freaks are your friend. F&F every troll. Disappear them. They have no power here.

by Anonymousreply 141October 18, 2022 2:42 AM

JOE needs our help now! He's been exposed as yet another FAKE scenario, from a very old lonely DL poster, with too many accounts. Desperate for attention and working through some really boring shit. Can't even differentiate its fake posts. It's always the same one. We KNOW who you are.

We're all dying Joe. Godspeed R141.

by Anonymousreply 142October 18, 2022 2:44 AM

Where is Muriel when you need her?

by Anonymousreply 143October 18, 2022 2:47 AM

Muriel has been alerted to you and this thread, R143. Muriel knows when JOE first posted. And who JOE is.

Be careful what you wish for.

JOE is dead. He was having too much fun dying of pancreatic cancer. So we had to kill him, Martha. R143.

by Anonymousreply 144October 18, 2022 2:50 AM

WTF is going on in here? You’re saying OP’s story is fugazi?

by Anonymousreply 145October 18, 2022 2:52 AM

Joe, how is your appetite? Are you still wanting to eat and if so, are you eating just total white flour, carb, shitty foods? I hope so! Enjoy that too, we all deprive ourselves way too much and then when we can, we don't feel much like eating.

by Anonymousreply 146October 18, 2022 2:54 AM

Meth

by Anonymousreply 147October 18, 2022 2:55 AM

I did post the Valentine’s Day story. Yes in 72 most people smoked. However I have only ever posted anonymously or with my name. I haven’t the time or energy to invent this. Sometimes I respond when someone asks me a question. I answer quickly. So? Anyway, I am real and I haven’t invented a word.

by Anonymousreply 148October 18, 2022 3:01 AM

Hi Joe, please, please, please link to your blog! It would be so nice to read your posts, enjoy your memories and see photos. Once you are gone that will still remain, and I find that rather beautiful. I hope Mark will give us updates if you get too tired to; and when the time comes, shares how he navigates life without you by his side. He can draw support from us fiends at any time.

Big hug to both of you!

by Anonymousreply 149October 18, 2022 3:01 AM

Shoot. I really want to believe Joe and Mark are real. I am emotionally invested now. DL has been so kind. wow. Way to spoil a good vibe.

by Anonymousreply 150October 18, 2022 3:03 AM

Yes Joe, why not link to your blog and video diary?

You don't seem tired. You always appear at the same time as your loony supporters. Strange.

by Anonymousreply 151October 18, 2022 3:04 AM

I believe you, Joe. I’m sorry you have to suffer this bitter sadist.

by Anonymousreply 152October 18, 2022 3:10 AM

Tomorrow is the second end of life appointment. Oh boy! I’m sorry I cannot provide proof that I am who I say I am. We are exactly as I described. Before long the thread will stop. Be patient. Good night all.

by Anonymousreply 153October 18, 2022 3:13 AM

R149 imagines that dying from pancreatic cancer makes Joe tired? Instead of screaming in agony and hallucinating with a morphine pump and sucking on ice chips.

You should research your fake death scenarios better. And come up with something better for both SEX and DEATH.

What a weak minded little troll you are. Get some assistance. Y'all need a ghost writer. And HELP.

by Anonymousreply 154October 18, 2022 3:16 AM

Ignore the cranks Joe. They are just jealous that someone is getting affection and support and their lives are empty. I mean to be jealous of someone dying of cancer...that is some fucking dark sided shit right there. Block the bastards and come cuddle with us.

by Anonymousreply 155October 18, 2022 3:17 AM

"come cuddle with us"

You can't even fake sounding SANE, R155.

Your sick game is OVER.

by Anonymousreply 156October 18, 2022 3:19 AM

r156 I am the one that posted that. I am not Joe. What happened, did I strike a nerve?

Leave him and the rest of us alone.

by Anonymousreply 157October 18, 2022 3:24 AM

There is no Joe. He's not dying. Your post is meaningless, Winston.

by Anonymousreply 158October 18, 2022 3:37 AM

Joe will there be an obituary in the newspaper? someone please post it when it happens.

by Anonymousreply 159October 18, 2022 5:07 AM

Joe is still shopping around for hospice care. That's not how it works btw. Mark breaks down everytime Suddenly Susan comes on - so Joe is pounding the pavement checking out the nicest places to painlessly die. So this sicko poster on DL can fake post a non existent obituary. You made up Joe, you can kill him anyday you want Martha. Dr. Phil wants you on his show. Your kind of sickness fascinates people.

by Anonymousreply 160October 18, 2022 5:29 AM

Seriously, all the assholes that post this is fake can take a flying leap off their nearest, highest high rise. We really don't need your bullshit and negativity here. It's neither needed or appreciated. If you don't believe, please find your way to the nearest, most negative, Trumpiest thread.

Thank you, good day!

by Anonymousreply 161October 18, 2022 5:50 AM

Block it and you'll see it's one guy. And he loathes hitey and the Olds.

by Anonymousreply 162October 18, 2022 5:55 AM

^^ Whitey

by Anonymousreply 163October 18, 2022 5:56 AM

Jussie Smollett believes you Joe.

by Anonymousreply 164October 18, 2022 6:02 AM

Oh Joe, well it had to happen. Some nutbar gotta hate. Sending love.

by Anonymousreply 165October 18, 2022 6:03 AM

LOL, R164. OP IS the Jussie Smollett and John Mulaney troll too!! What a sick old man.

by Anonymousreply 166October 18, 2022 6:05 AM

I feel pity for the trolls who don’t have a life and come here to say negative words. They’re everywhere and this thread is no different.

Like someone said above, come and cuddle us Joe. We are all hugging you and Mark and sending an enormous amount of love. 💖

by Anonymousreply 167October 18, 2022 9:58 AM

Now I dunno who to believe tbh

by Anonymousreply 168October 18, 2022 10:28 AM

What does John Mulaney have to do with any of this? Serious question.

by Anonymousreply 169October 18, 2022 11:02 AM

Joe - Just checking on you today and sending you and Mark our love. Coming to this thread came to be a pleasant part of my day. Be well.

by Anonymousreply 170October 18, 2022 4:14 PM

Joe, we all love you for sharing yourself with us. You are a beautiful person.

by Anonymousreply 171October 18, 2022 4:19 PM

The mistake I made was saying I was happy yesterday. It sure brought out the trolls. Oh well, it's all in the game. R168...It is all true. Sadlly.

by Anonymousreply 172October 18, 2022 4:37 PM

You've forgotten one of the basic tenets of DL, Joe - "Punch and delete". Seriously, F&F these trolls (it's really mostly one). then put on ignore.

They are not worthy of your notice, much less your response. Likewise, any doubters are free to move on.

by Anonymousreply 173October 18, 2022 4:46 PM

to the one/those that think this is all fake. Except for the fact the Joe is dying the entire thread has been positive on a site where things have become quite negative. Why do you feel the need to destroy that? The thread has not only been uplifting to Joe but to all those participating by posting or just reading. Things in this world have been so bad that people need something positive to hold on to so why not just leave it alone? At this point whether real or not (I choose to believe it is real) don't read the thread if it bothers you so much. In the end you will have succeeded in accomplishing nothing.

There is a February clip on youtube of a 6 year old in Germany dying of cancer. His wish list was to have some bikers ride by his house for him to see them. They expected and hoped for 20 to 30 bikers. 20,000 showed up. Can you imagine if they all questioned whether this 6 year old was dying or not? All those bikers received grace for giving. Same here, everyone that participates and is kind receives grace. My mantra is: I was not asked to judge, only to give.

by Anonymousreply 174October 18, 2022 5:00 PM

yes, a very positive thread indeed. But if it's fake, then it's just like real life...getting lied to and cheated by your "trusted" govt officials, your bosses, your friends, your own family etc etc. So it wouldn't surprise me...

by Anonymousreply 175October 18, 2022 5:11 PM

Every single time I’ve posted about a real-life experience here, trolls have jumped in to scream, “This never happened!” And none of it was all that incredible… just routine things that happen to a person. Really bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 176October 18, 2022 5:39 PM

Love to you Joe ❤️

by Anonymousreply 177October 18, 2022 5:47 PM

Thinking of you today, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 178October 18, 2022 5:54 PM

Hello dear Joe. You might have seen this posted earlier, but if not it is funny and sweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179October 18, 2022 5:55 PM

Hi, Joe -- senior lesbian here, sending love and good wishes and hoping you're having a great day today.

BTW, I have to tell you how much I admire and respect you for the route you're taking. IMHO, it takes a lot of courage to kill yourself even if you're certain you're going to die regardless. Having that choice is a wonderful thing, and I applaud you for making it and taking control of your life at the close.

Here's a story for you. Not quite a year ago, my neighbor hosted her sister Nikki who drove up from Palmetto, FL, about three hours to the south. The two of them were to visit Nikki's daughter, who lives about an hour north of me in Palatka. The day before their planned trip, my neighbor asked me if I wanted to go out to lunch with the two of them, and we went to the IHOP and had a tasty high-calorie lunch of eggs, pancakes, etc. I got to know the sister a little better, and there we were, three old ladies (although at 64, I was the youngest), giggling like schoolgirls and stuffing our faces. We had a great time.

The next day, my neighbor and her sister headed up to Palatka. My neighbor doesn't usually drive much or very far, and she blew a stop sign in the Forest that many people don't notice. The cross street isn't traveled much, but that day, a large Chevy pickup with a man and his hugely pregnant wife (not wearing seat belts) plowed into my neighbor's little Nissan truck on the passenger side, and her sister Nikki, the pregnant woman, and her 8-month old fetus all perished.

I spent the part of last full day of Nikki's life eating lunch with her. It's profound to me just thinking about it. I'm sure that, had she known, there are plenty of other people she would have spent that day with rather than me...but there you have it.

You know and have chosen when you will end this life, and that's both courageous and a privilege. I'm glad you're using it well. Go in peace and freedom.

by Anonymousreply 180October 18, 2022 6:15 PM

[Quote]Hi, Joe -- senior lesbian here,

Reporting fir duty, hun?

by Anonymousreply 181October 18, 2022 6:19 PM

[quote]Do you realize that you slipped up pretending to be Joe AND one of his "mourners" a few times on this thread?

No, he didn't. I just read through all of his replies using the ignore function, and he absolutely did not.

Personally, I'd FF and ignore this guy's reply at r132 to try to get a moderator's attention because a bunch of FFs all at once tend to catch Muriel's eye, but I believe this guy is using a sockpuppet so I'm not sure any moderation will actually help the situation.

by Anonymousreply 182October 18, 2022 6:23 PM

Would you be useful on garbage detail R180? Sorry, I had to ask.

by Anonymousreply 183October 18, 2022 6:24 PM

What does the Senior Lesbian uniform look like?

by Anonymousreply 184October 18, 2022 6:28 PM

R176 I second that. Anytime I've come on here and talked about things that happened to me, even stuff like having seen the musical Carrie on Broadway on a class trip, some idiot troll claims I'm lying.

Pay 'em no mind, Joe. Put 'em on ignore. I have.

by Anonymousreply 185October 18, 2022 6:30 PM

Maybe, R183, although I'm not a large woman (fortunately). I've adopted a road in my neighborhood (a county program called "Adopt-a-Road Litter Control"), so most mornings you'll find me out there walking my two-mile route with my "grabber" and plastic bags picking up roadside trash.

Does that qualify?

by Anonymousreply 186October 18, 2022 6:32 PM

Aww, that's awesome, SL!

by Anonymousreply 187October 18, 2022 6:33 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188October 18, 2022 6:35 PM

R175 But it's not like being cheated, it really doesn't hurt anyone if it is fake. He's not asking for money or time, no one has to be here. It's basically something to believe in and aspire to and it really doesn't hurt anyone. I choose to believe it's real.

by Anonymousreply 189October 18, 2022 6:36 PM

We've moved on.

by Anonymousreply 190October 18, 2022 6:41 PM

[quote]Personally, I'd FF and ignore this guy's reply at R132 to try to get a moderator's attention because a bunch of FFs all at once tend to catch Muriel's eye, but I believe this guy is using a sockpuppet so I'm not sure any moderation will actually help the situation.

I can no longer see the post at R132, so that's a good sign.

by Anonymousreply 191October 18, 2022 7:42 PM

hey, Joe - hope you're having another happy day today. I was in Guerneville for the last two days and I thought of you. When I was in Safeway, I wondered if I might be passing you and/or Mark in one of the aisles. I told my daughter about you and your posts/this thread. She said it was one of the sweetest things she'd ever heard.

Know that there are several people here who do care for the both of you and really appreciate the positivity you've brought to this board. Love to you today and the rest of your days.

by Anonymousreply 192October 18, 2022 8:06 PM

R192...I was just there. Was that you?

by Anonymousreply 193October 18, 2022 9:03 PM

Joe - I was there last night around 545/6pmish buying a bunch of groceries for last night's dinner and my daughter's family. I'm the poster from the first thread that lives in Santa Rosa, daughter and fam live in Guerneville. Going to be there again this weekend to do Halloween festivities.

by Anonymousreply 194October 18, 2022 9:06 PM

Joe,

Did you ever go to The Bach Dancing and Dynamite Society down in Half Moon Bay? It’s oceanfront with world class jazz, classical and world performances.

I ask because you are arts-minded, and I worked there forever. It’s a nice thought to think we’ve met…

by Anonymousreply 195October 18, 2022 9:09 PM

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if some people here actually know us. We are pretty familiar to many locals.♥️

by Anonymousreply 196October 18, 2022 9:17 PM

How was the meeting today Joe?

by Anonymousreply 197October 18, 2022 9:18 PM

Joe - have you ever seen the guy that dances for intervals of time at the Bank of America in G'Ville near to the ATM? According to my daughter's boyfriend, he dances there every day. First time I've seen him and I had a chuckle. It is a small town, and I'm glad you have had the benefit of being friendly and known with the locals. Be well today!

by Anonymousreply 198October 18, 2022 9:25 PM

r198…I always see assorted eccentrics at that spot. The new health center is close to that spot, so help is nearby. It is part of our quirky location. We love it.💕

by Anonymousreply 199October 18, 2022 9:29 PM

My daughter goes to the new health center! I'll bet you two have crossed paths as she has been having some health issues lately and has been going there a lot recently.

💖 So cool to think about that. Best of luck to you and Mark today for your upcoming/next appointment.

by Anonymousreply 200October 18, 2022 9:36 PM

R197…It went better than the first. I seem to have moved into a better stage of grief. They want to make sure that this is my decision alone.

by Anonymousreply 201October 18, 2022 9:41 PM

I would think that someone looking for a bearding arrangement would be a little smarter than to choose someone as obvious as Olivia Munn. The drugs and booze must have really done a job on Mulaney's brain.

by Anonymousreply 202October 18, 2022 10:11 PM

The husbear and I fired up a blunt and watched a Harlow documentary on Youtube last night and it was quite striking how dramatically Harlow's acting improved over the years. She was a good actress at the end IMO. Get well Joe.

by Anonymousreply 203October 18, 2022 10:17 PM

Your lungs are actually more toward the back of your torso, so patients frequently pronate (lie prone) when they're having trouble breathing, because it helps respiration.

In early COVID days I read a lot of healthcare professionals talking about how difficult it was to get people to pronate for a while, because COVID was so painful that turning over was impossible for many of them.

by Anonymousreply 204October 18, 2022 10:24 PM

R200. STFU. How fucking stupid are you? That performance is universally praised by actual vocal coaches as strong, on pitch, great control, great mixing, and everything else. You’re trying to gaslight. It’s like Trump’s doctor saying he’s the most fit president ever. We have eyes. And we have ears here. Professionals praise the fuck out of this vocal performance.

by Anonymousreply 205October 18, 2022 10:31 PM

r205, I'm r200 and I have no clue what you're even talking about. My comment at r200 is below and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with vocal coaches, pitch, gaslighting, Trump's Doctor. Are you off your meds or maybe in the wrong thread?? My comment was to Joe about the fact that my daughter goes to the same clinic Joe does.

[/quote]

My daughter goes to the new health center! I'll bet you two have crossed paths as she has been having some health issues lately and has been going there a lot recently.

💖 So cool to think about that. Best of luck to you and Mark today for your upcoming/next appointment.

by Anonymousreply 206October 18, 2022 10:50 PM

R206, block r205. He and his sock puppet (you can tell they’re the same person because their syntax is identical) are fouling a really nice thread.

by Anonymousreply 207October 18, 2022 11:13 PM

[quote] I'm [R200] and I have no clue what you're even talking about.

r205 is being called deranged on a Funny Girl thread where he is causing problems there, too. He's the one here calling Joe a fake in this thread and then at the same time is also occasionally posting sympathetic comments, too. He must have mixed up one of his angry replies in the Funny Girl thread and posted it to this thread by mistake. If you temporarily ignore r205 and then read the ignored replies, you'll see what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 208October 18, 2022 11:14 PM

Thanks r207 / r208. He's now blocked.

by Anonymousreply 209October 18, 2022 11:19 PM

Ha. Well that’s efficient; posting what appears to be responses to at least three disparate threads in this one conversation.

You may or may not be a believer Joe, but a Pastor I think is very wise, and also an old lesbian, once said, “the devil prefers to show up when there’s enough good around to make it interesting.” Well it seems to me that this thread, and your feeling better emotionally, must have become interesting.

by Anonymousreply 210October 18, 2022 11:57 PM

Elder Lez - so very true. Like a bat out of hell.

by Anonymousreply 211October 19, 2022 12:46 AM

^F&F and ignore r212.

Carry on...

by Anonymousreply 213October 19, 2022 2:19 AM

What is your beef against OLD people? Why do you capitalize it like that? You'll be OLD someday too.

by Anonymousreply 214October 19, 2022 2:19 AM

I love senior lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 215October 19, 2022 2:48 AM

Me too R215, despite the fact that they're OLD. I hope your day was good, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 216October 19, 2022 2:49 AM

R214 Thanks for reminding me of one of my favorite songs by Pulp. Including great lines like...

Help the aged. One time they were just like you. Drinking, smoking, sex, and sniffing glue.

Help the aged cause one day you'll be older, too. You might need someone to pull you through.

In the meantime we try...try to forget that nothing lasts forever. No big deal, so give us all a feel. Funny how it all falls away.

When did you first realize, it's time you took an older lover baby? Teach you stuff although he's looking rough. Funny how it all falls away.

Funny indeed.

Joe- thanks for inspiring this thread and for everyone who's posted in both threads. 💜

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217October 19, 2022 2:53 AM

Feel good thread of the year!

by Anonymousreply 218October 19, 2022 3:00 AM

^ FCI has started 0 threads which have received 0 replies. But HE has received 4073 WW votes on 736 responses!! What a brilliant mind. Check out its wit and wisdom.

No, it's another of OP's sock puppets chiming in. None of them start threads. Just authenticated posters it keeps on hand for when his veracity and integrity are under attack.

Poor Joe. Non existent and not dead.

Poor R218. So articulate.

[quote] Fake thread of the Moment

by Anonymousreply 219October 19, 2022 3:06 AM

“It is those words 'feel good thread of the year,' my darlings, that marks the first place in the "Goodbye to my fiends here at Datalounge, Parts 1 and 2" threads, at which Tonstant Weader fwowed up.”

by Anonymousreply 220October 19, 2022 3:14 AM

Hey OP Joe, I just have to say how much your sane and sensible commentary through Covid helped me stay grounded.

Also, I really wish you could see D Trump get earthly justice.

by Anonymousreply 221October 19, 2022 4:53 AM

Wooooooooooow r221. It would indeed be epic if l’Orange was taken down in time for Joe to see it!

by Anonymousreply 222October 19, 2022 5:09 AM

What do you think the crane did, imbecile? They used a chain. Yeah, we live on property and we regularly move large machinery around so I do know know what the fuck I'm talking about.

But do carry on, fish gash.

I hope your nephew makes a documentary about your life Joe.

by Anonymousreply 223October 19, 2022 5:32 AM

This is the Honest Vocal Coach reacting to Madonna’s unfiltered vocals. Some industry guy got Madonna’s studio vocals from Lucky Star to Rebel Heart. Don’t take my word, listen to someone who knows singing talk honestly about what Madonna is capable of. She notes how Madonna has a good vibrato and developed it early. She really makes interesting comments about Madonna’s true singing ability. She credits Madonna with starting a singing style for women that caught on starting in the 90s.

Many vocal coachs on YouTube have commented about how good Madonna can sing when she’s on. Her #1 issue is breath support and tongue/throat tension. RIP Joe.

by Anonymousreply 224October 19, 2022 5:35 AM

That lavender lampshade needs to join them in the grease fire. No time to waste.

by Anonymousreply 225October 19, 2022 5:43 AM

Joe's an imitation. A squawking, note-holding, shallow creature who runs on ego and other people's legacies.

by Anonymousreply 226October 19, 2022 5:47 AM

Who's inheriting your estate Joe? You're leaving everything to Mark ? or will other relatives be included? You should list them here in case Mark keeps it all for himself.

by Anonymousreply 227October 19, 2022 5:54 AM

You’re blocked r227. We refuse.

by Anonymousreply 228October 19, 2022 5:55 AM

I will always love you Joe. Who's inheriting your estate? List them here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229October 19, 2022 6:00 AM

She can donate her eyes. Do it now!

by Anonymousreply 230October 19, 2022 6:05 AM

This thread is fucking hilarious. Joe is the new Jussie Smollett! Same poster, too.

by Anonymousreply 231October 19, 2022 6:09 AM

I'll always remember that when Jerry Orbach died, his kid was upset how they went and “shucked out” his eyes on his deathbed. He donated his eyes.

"Orbach also attacks his stepmother for her decision to donate his father’s eyes to the Eye Bank Association of America. “Having to leave my father’s deathbed so that some guy with an ice box could shuck his eyes out while they were fresh still makes me sick and furious to this day,” he writes. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232October 19, 2022 6:12 AM

An imaginary dying gay man who gave cigarettes as a Valentines Day present, is unlikely to donate his eyes to a stranger.

Joe always was a selfish pork face. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 233October 19, 2022 6:22 AM

You move me...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234October 19, 2022 8:00 AM

R233 (and 15 other replies on this thread), will you please provisionally accept Joe's offer of his leftover EOL meds so that you can put us out of your misery? Mark will forward them to you. I'm sure this is the out you've been waiting for.

by Anonymousreply 235October 19, 2022 9:13 AM

Joe - Sending you and Mark a lot of love 💖

by Anonymousreply 236October 19, 2022 9:25 AM

I'm sending you some more LOVE today, Joe, across the boundaries of a continent, an ocean and a generation of an age gap.

by Anonymousreply 237October 19, 2022 9:27 AM

Joe, I wonder if you and Mark knew Cackle Cackle in Half Moon Bay. I guess we'll never know.

by Anonymousreply 238October 19, 2022 3:24 PM

Good morning. Despite things getting a little weird in here, I will continue to check in for those who care. Those who object to my threads baffle me. That said, thanks to those who offer support and comfort, it is appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 239October 19, 2022 5:07 PM

Thank you for rising above it, Joe. You are a model of serenity.

by Anonymousreply 240October 19, 2022 5:09 PM

I've been thinking about you this morning, Joe, and hope you and Mark are doing well.

The person trying to stink up this thread seems to have a real problem with trolling all over the board, so I wouldn't take it personally. We attract nuts. He's probably a cashew.

by Anonymousreply 241October 19, 2022 5:11 PM

“Just DIE!”

by Anonymousreply 242October 19, 2022 5:16 PM

Joe, I’ve been here as long as you have. My own life is a little ragged now, and it gives me inspiration to see you deal with your mortality with such grace and courage Please stick with us as long as you can.

by Anonymousreply 243October 19, 2022 5:34 PM

Joe, I am way behind on the thread (just read your post at R87) but I would be so thrilled if your nephew could share the vid somehow? Maybe on the Facebook page - if that still exists? That would be amazing.

You and Mark have quickly become the one thing in my life I look forward to most days. Which is so odd and yet so true.

by Anonymousreply 244October 19, 2022 6:17 PM

Here's hoping your Wednesday is a good one, Joe!

by Anonymousreply 245October 19, 2022 7:01 PM

Oh god. I caught up on the thread and I see a troll has infected it. Well, it was bound to happen.

Joe, please stay around. Fuck that asshole.

And, again, post your blog!

by Anonymousreply 246October 19, 2022 7:49 PM

My only regret is that I forgot to FF the troll before I blocked him

by Anonymousreply 247October 19, 2022 7:57 PM

You an unblock, ff, and reblock.

by Anonymousreply 248October 19, 2022 7:58 PM

Hi Joe! Just down the coast from yall. I hope you're having a good day. Wondered what your favorite movies are. Do you have hobbies?

by Anonymousreply 249October 19, 2022 10:56 PM

Hey Joe,

I played a lot of Joan Baez today, it was sublime.

by Anonymousreply 250October 19, 2022 10:59 PM

Love to you today Joe ❤️

by Anonymousreply 251October 19, 2022 11:24 PM

Love you back, friends.❤

by Anonymousreply 252October 20, 2022 2:17 AM

Take heart in the haters. I have my own. Their hate makes me smile. The opposite of love is not hate it’s indifference.

Love ya, Joe!

by Anonymousreply 253October 20, 2022 3:05 AM

Luckily you're expert at W&W and upvoting your own posts from many accounts, R253. Gives your lies a BOOST!

by Anonymousreply 254October 20, 2022 3:09 AM

Many blocked posts showing up. Is the meth freak back?

Let Muriel know. Webmaster@datalounge.com

by Anonymousreply 255October 20, 2022 3:25 AM

It's called a JewFro. Doesn't the drunken slag know anybody in Golders Green?

by Anonymousreply 256October 20, 2022 3:30 AM

I've got two separate posters ignored who have posted NUMEROUS vile and hideous posts in this thread between them both, some sounding off on weird topics such as John Mulaney and breath control/singing. This person is unhinged.

I guess we have to assume that since mental health is not a priority here in the U.S., we were bound to have some of those people posting here as well. This thread was meant as a positive support to someone who is sharing his journey with us.

Fuck you, trolls. And love to you today, Joe and Mark.

by Anonymousreply 257October 20, 2022 3:33 AM

Мой дядя самых честных правил, Когда не в шутку занемог, Он уважать себя заставил И лучше выдумать не мог. Его пример другим наука; Но, боже мой, какая скука С больным сидеть и день и ночь, Не отходя ни шагу прочь! Какое низкое коварство Полу-живого забавлять, Ему подушки поправлять, Печально подносить лекарство, Вздыхать и думать про себя: Когда же чорт возьмет тебя!

My uncle, a most worthy gentleman, When he fell seriously ill, By snuffing it made us all respect him, Couldn't have done better if he tried. His behaviour was a lesson to us all. But, God above, what crushing boredom To sit with the malingerer night and day Not moving even one footstep away. What demeaning hypocrisy To amuse the half-dead codger, To fluff up his pillows, and then, Mournfully to bring him his medicine; To think to oneself, and to sigh: When the devil will the old rascal die?

by Anonymousreply 258October 20, 2022 3:34 AM

Muriel will clear up this matter. Webmaster@datalounge.com

by Anonymousreply 259October 20, 2022 3:37 AM

^ Joe only appears when his "followers" are here. They all arrive at once. Then leave as ONE. ^

R259 is the one with so many accounts making up this tedious story. He constantly responds to himself from a different device, moments later. Never with any new insight or personality or point of interest. He's also the Jussie Smollett and John Mulaney troll. He tries to keep threads going for weeks, all by himself. What a sad piece of old rotted loser.

Yet Joe was in Safeway when this same piece of tired dreck mentioned it. Ships in the night. Boats against the current....

Funny that.

You're dying faster than you planned Joe. Soon Come.

by Anonymousreply 260October 20, 2022 3:42 AM

r260 NOT SURPRISING you are one of the 2 posters I have blocked who have posted multiple, negative and trolling posts on this thread.

Oh, by the way, *I* am the poster who talked about being in Safeway near where Joe lives, and NEITHER of us said we were there at the same time...I posted I was there the day before he said he was.

Reading comprehension, you don't have it. But then again, judging from your multiple, inane and disconnected posts, it's one of several things you don't have, along with intelligence and compassion. Sounds like someone was neglected as a child and is taking it out on everyone else. Go get a med refill and leave us alone here. Plenty of other threads you can add your "wit and witticism" to. Hasta la vista, loseur!

by Anonymousreply 261October 20, 2022 3:50 AM

Death, be not proud, though some have called thee

Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so;

For those whom thou think'st thou dost overthrow

Die not, poor Death, nor yet canst thou kill me.

From rest and sleep, which but thy pictures be,

Much pleasure; then from thee much more must flow,

And soonest our best men with thee do go,

Rest of their bones, and soul's delivery.

Thou art slave to fate, chance, kings, and desperate men,

And dost with poison, war, and sickness dwell,

And poppy or charms can make us sleep as well

And better than thy stroke; why swell'st thou then?

One short sleep past, we wake eternally

And death shall be no more; Death, thou shalt die.

by Anonymousreply 262October 20, 2022 3:53 AM

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right, Because their words had forked no lightning they Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay, Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight, And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way, Do not go gentle into that good night.

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay, Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

And you, my father, there on the sad height, Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray. Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

by Anonymousreply 263October 20, 2022 3:56 AM

Razors pain you;

Rivers are damp;

Acids stain you;

And drugs cause cramp.

Guns aren’t lawful;

Nooses give;

Gas smells awful;

You might as well live.

by Anonymousreply 264October 20, 2022 3:58 AM

'Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone'

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,

Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,

Silence the pianos and with muffled drum

Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead

Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Dead,

Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,

Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,

My working week and my Sunday rest,

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;

I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;

Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;

Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood;

For nothing now can ever come to any good.

by Anonymousreply 265October 20, 2022 3:59 AM

Hey Joe - Are you dead yet?!?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266October 20, 2022 4:59 AM

Hello all. I just signed my end of life document. Tomorrow the attending physician will write the prescription. The disclosures are very unsettling. However, the alternative is worse. I know that there have been some unpleasant posts. I can’t do anything about that. I don’t see them. You know, when you are looking into the void, petty annoyances disappear. Thanks again to those who defend and support. ✌️

by Anonymousreply 267October 20, 2022 5:00 AM

Oh golly bugger Joe. All my love, and hopes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268October 20, 2022 5:03 AM

All catfish scams must come to an end. The Party's Over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269October 20, 2022 5:09 AM

For you, Joe:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270October 20, 2022 5:49 AM

Love to both of you, sweet Joe and Mark.

by Anonymousreply 271October 20, 2022 5:53 AM

How can we honor the memory of a man like Leonard Hanlin?

Well...he was governed by the laws of physics as are all living things. It is a scientific fact that hearts and clocks slow down as they approach the speed of light: the point at which matter is converted into energy. Dr. Hanlin's heart approached that speed on Friday evening, at 7:57, according to the coroner, converting his matter into energy, into pure white light. Though he is no longer with us, he is all around us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272October 20, 2022 5:54 AM

Joe, go valiantly into deep maw of death. Have stiff vodka before and all will be like dream not like when foolhardy Yuri Gagarin, first man in space, crash land to death. Yuri always try to overcompensate for…er, comings short.

by Anonymousreply 273October 20, 2022 6:14 AM

Gather Mike, Elder Lez and all DL Puppets made of Socks.

Joe is dead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274October 20, 2022 6:26 AM

Shit, man.

by Anonymousreply 275October 20, 2022 8:13 AM

Joe, sorry if this is a dumb question but how do you know when you will do it once the prescription is filled? Do you pick a day or wait and then pick a day?

Sending you and Mark love ❤️

by Anonymousreply 276October 20, 2022 9:25 AM

These are days you'll remember Never before and never since I promise Will the whole world be warm as this And as you feel it You'll know it's true That you are blessed and lucky It's true that you Are touched by something That will grow in you, in you

by Anonymousreply 277October 20, 2022 12:57 PM

I would like to think that Joe's memorial service would be a joyous affair, a la New Orleans services- big brass band, good food, good people.

by Anonymousreply 278October 20, 2022 1:15 PM

Joe Denier, you mention pretty fucking frequently how OLD Joe is, and as such, would it not make sense he's dying? I mean, if he were young it would be harder to believe but he's so incredibly OLD, so of course he's dying, as all of old folks are.

by Anonymousreply 279October 20, 2022 3:52 PM

Well raise another round boys and have another glass Be thankful for today knowing it'll never last And let's leave the world laughin' when our eulogies are read May we all get to heaven 'Fore the devil knows we're dead May we all get to heaven 'Fore the devil knows we're dead

by Anonymousreply 280October 20, 2022 4:22 PM

Good Morning. Just for the record. We are 70. I think incredibly OLD is a slight exaggeration. I think, just plain old would suffice.

by Anonymousreply 281October 20, 2022 5:32 PM

A prayer for you Joe =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282October 20, 2022 5:36 PM

Good morning Joe. How are you & your loved ones doing today?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283October 20, 2022 5:42 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284October 20, 2022 5:44 PM

70 doesn’t seem old to me at all, now. I’m almost there, but without a true love. Joe, the love that you and Mark have is beautiful. I wish you peace, and Mark strength.

by Anonymousreply 285October 20, 2022 5:44 PM

Wear your love Joe -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286October 20, 2022 5:46 PM

I'm leaning for this tune to be played when I pass on...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287October 20, 2022 5:51 PM

Perhaps Jane said it best =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288October 20, 2022 5:53 PM

One of the saddest parting songs that I've ever heard -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289October 20, 2022 5:58 PM

It is DataLounge standard to look 20 years younger than your actual age while being described here with an adjective more appropriate for someone 20 years older.

Sending you a virtual hug Joe.

by Anonymousreply 290October 20, 2022 6:25 PM

Joe. Is. Dead.

There never was a joe.

by Anonymousreply 291October 20, 2022 7:14 PM

It's sad how toxic this thread became.

by Anonymousreply 292October 20, 2022 7:44 PM

Hi Joe,

How are you feeling today?

Wishing you and Mark an afternoon of peace.

And remember, we care about you. There are hundreds of us.

by Anonymousreply 293October 20, 2022 7:54 PM

Yes we do ❤️

by Anonymousreply 294October 21, 2022 12:35 AM

What is the last song you want to hear?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295October 21, 2022 12:45 AM

Joe, a great big hug from me and the best wishes as you travel on towards your next journey; I woke up at 02:30 thinking about you & was overwhelmed by a flood of memories/images; it’s long shot, but I think we may have crossed paths somewhere along the way as I was also in the City during the time you mentioned; working at Fred S. James & Co., being introduced to my first love, Gerard, by “Joe”, from the firm, & so many days & nights of magic in that apartment in the Haight . . . performing with my collegiate madrigal group at Grace Cathedral . . . when you mentioned ACT, “Rosenkrantz and Guildenstern are Dead”, Donna McKechnie in “Chorus Line” started playing again for me.

Please consider in addition to the music already mentioned the Durufle Requiem--

It’s ethereal, comforting, and may well send you heavenward gracefully and peacefully. I’m asking for it when it’s my time to say Happy Trails.

Again, big hugs from the mountain in SoCal; when the first snow soon begins its gentle descent, I will think of you and Mark. Love to both of you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296October 21, 2022 1:30 AM

May you enjoy the life you have left, Joe. Taking some lows in stride and really enjoy the highs.

by Anonymousreply 297October 21, 2022 1:55 AM

My other main choice is =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298October 21, 2022 2:06 AM

Of course, if Mark thinks of you as his Superman =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299October 21, 2022 2:08 AM

Oh, my!

by Anonymousreply 300October 21, 2022 2:14 AM

Go out rocking, Joe.

"And in the end

The love you take

Is equal to the love you make."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301October 21, 2022 2:15 AM

I told you he was nuts! There is NO JOE. Only someone pretending to be Joe, so that this NUTJOB can comfort him and send him terrible song choices and slobbering platitudes. He posts under a lot of silly names, from more than a view accounts.

What dying man doesn't need a song from the GoGos?

by Anonymousreply 302October 21, 2022 2:52 AM

That would be a one of the lows to take in stride. I like the GoGos, but what the heck?

by Anonymousreply 303October 21, 2022 2:59 AM

“Some say love is holding on, and some say letting go.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305October 21, 2022 3:02 AM

Hot!!! Best bottom ever! Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 307October 21, 2022 3:11 AM

Trolls are strange.

Kia kaha, Joe. it means stay strong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308October 21, 2022 7:00 AM

How has this not been posted, yet??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309October 21, 2022 8:55 AM

FF R304

by Anonymousreply 310October 21, 2022 3:58 PM

R304 is telling the truth, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 311October 21, 2022 5:55 PM

Joe, checking on you.

Don’t let a stupid troll or two put you off.

by Anonymousreply 312October 21, 2022 8:59 PM

I'm fine. Hosting a PNP gangbang today. Thanks for asking.

by Anonymousreply 313October 21, 2022 9:29 PM

r313, real Joe is authenticated.

by Anonymousreply 314October 21, 2022 9:31 PM

There is NO Joe. Never was.

Just R314 on his break from the drive through.

by Anonymousreply 315October 21, 2022 9:41 PM

Praying for you 🙏 Joe and Mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316October 21, 2022 9:54 PM

Thinking of you, Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317October 21, 2022 11:08 PM

Sending you love, Joe. Hope you are feeling peaceful.

by Anonymousreply 318October 22, 2022 12:02 AM

Love to you and Mark ❤️

by Anonymousreply 319October 22, 2022 12:09 AM

Thinking of you guys. Hope you will have a nice weekend, (as much as possible.)

by Anonymousreply 320October 22, 2022 12:38 AM

Eyeroll

by Anonymousreply 321October 22, 2022 12:48 AM

Today I had to call the mortuary to make arrangements. She said that if Mark wanted a particular container they would accommodate. . I chuckled and said that a Tupperware bowl would be appropriate. I got a laugh out of the mortician. My day is complete. 😎✌️

by Anonymousreply 322October 22, 2022 12:50 AM

Oh, that’s too much. I hope they aren’t disappointed if they have to wait.

by Anonymousreply 323October 22, 2022 1:17 AM

Thanks for a great afternoon Mark. I appreciate your generosity.❤

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324October 22, 2022 1:28 AM

Sending you much love, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 325October 22, 2022 1:32 AM

^^^F&F 324.

by Anonymousreply 326October 22, 2022 1:32 AM

Keep it coming Mark. That soft old fag is GONE. Let's party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327October 22, 2022 1:40 AM

Cash the check and come claim your reward!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328October 22, 2022 1:42 AM

thank you for checking in Joe.

by Anonymousreply 329October 22, 2022 1:46 AM

When one door closes, another opens.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330October 22, 2022 1:57 AM

Joe, I love you. I'll be there tomorrow and will be carving pumpkins with my grandpups. I'll be thinking of you and Mark.

i'm holding you both next to me. You've taught me to hold family close.

Love you both this beautiful weekend.

by Anonymousreply 331October 22, 2022 3:16 AM

FUCK OFF R331!

We despise YOUR sick old ASS. You're an emotional necrophiliac and terrible human being.

by Anonymousreply 332October 22, 2022 3:23 AM

Love ya loads Joe.

by Anonymousreply 333October 22, 2022 3:36 AM

Thanks Mark. Keep the $$$ coming. Joe is dead, but I'm ALIVE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334October 22, 2022 3:56 AM

Sometimes, you get what you need. Bitch. Don't let joe kill my vibe. Send CASH.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335October 22, 2022 3:59 AM

Oh. It is neat Beyonce is still making her personal recordings. I liked her work with Destinys Child, but when, she suddenly discovered she was a feminist, and black, her music got really fucking boring. And who really cares about her now?

by Anonymousreply 336October 22, 2022 4:15 AM

This is me posting above.

by Anonymousreply 337October 22, 2022 4:17 AM

The dead ain't ready.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338October 22, 2022 5:13 AM

Lots of great posts on this thread and a few holes! Glad I’ve blocked the loons and don’t see any of their stuff.

On the east coast, it’s a magnificent fall day! Hopefully you’re experiencing the same magnificent fall day as we are back east, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 339October 22, 2022 3:41 PM

Bump

Anybody home? Joe?

by Anonymousreply 340October 22, 2022 9:14 PM

Did OP call us fiends?

I mean he's right, but he shouldn't *say* it.

by Anonymousreply 341October 22, 2022 9:48 PM

R340 & others are asking "Is anybody out there?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342October 22, 2022 10:03 PM

Greetings...I am still here. Just kind of busy getting things together.

by Anonymousreply 343October 22, 2022 10:39 PM

Greetings to you, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 344October 22, 2022 10:49 PM

Love to you Joe ❤️

by Anonymousreply 345October 22, 2022 11:38 PM

For Joe: And I say to mankind, be not curious about God, For I who am curious about each am not curious about God, (No array of terms can say how much I am at peace about God and about death.) I hear and behold God in every object, yet understand God not in the least, Nor do I understand who there can be more wonderful than myself. Why should I wish to see God better than this day? I see something of God each hour of the twenty-four, and each moment then, In the faces of men and women I see God, and in my own face in the glass, I find letters from God dropt in the street and every one is sign’d by God’s name, And I leave them where they are, for I know that wheresoe’er I go, Others will punctually come for ever and ever. And as to you Death, and your bitter hug of mortality, It is idle to try to alarm me. From Song of Myself, Leaves of Grass Walt Whitman (1819-1892)

by Anonymousreply 346October 23, 2022 1:21 AM

Checking on you, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 349October 23, 2022 10:34 PM

What kind of people say the awful things some of you on here have to a dying man? The scum of the earth, that’s who.

Did it ever occur for a minute that you might be wrong about your accusations? If there was even a sliver of a possibility that you are mistaken, well, who would do that?!

I’m so sorry Joe that these scumbags have infested this thread. Know that the vast majority of us care deeply about you and Mark.

by Anonymousreply 350October 23, 2022 11:08 PM

R350, Amen to you!

by Anonymousreply 351October 23, 2022 11:24 PM

I have those posters on ignore (probably just one person with 2 accounts, most likely), and I'm glad I did. The level of negativity doesn't need to be here, and I think those posters are seriously mental ill to continue to sling shit into the thread. That's no excuse, because these people don't need to even come onto this thread, must less post the crap they have.

Joe/Mark: I hope you're having a love-filled day, eating the best foods, drinking the best wine, smoking the best weed, listening to the best music and even just holding hands with one another.

by Anonymousreply 352October 23, 2022 11:38 PM

Damn, this troll is really bad. Even by our standards. He makes Defuckoff seem sane.

Joe, thanks for keeping this thread going. Despite that unbelievably horrible poster.

I've had a long week and haven't checked on this thread for a few days. It gives me such a sense of community and togetherness. Which makes zero sense. I don't get why I'm so enthralled by you. I've known people in your situation a few times in my life. But something about your good humor, honesty, and love resonates. On a deeper level than I can grasp. Thanks Joe.

by Anonymousreply 353October 24, 2022 4:27 AM

R53, I agree with r352, it’s two accounts but probably one troll. They write very similarly with similar messages.I have blocked both so this thread is clear of trolls and only contains beautiful thoughts!

by Anonymousreply 354October 24, 2022 12:54 PM

Thinking of you Joe and sending so much love to you and to Mark for what lies ahead.

by Anonymousreply 355October 24, 2022 3:09 PM

I'm not into classical music but I find this one very calming -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356October 24, 2022 3:16 PM

The official DL theme song for this thread -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357October 24, 2022 3:17 PM

Almost an hour of Jazz songs for you to listen to as you read this thread guys -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358October 24, 2022 3:20 PM

so when are you taking your meds Joe?

by Anonymousreply 359October 24, 2022 7:08 PM

Sending you love Joe

by Anonymousreply 360October 24, 2022 8:08 PM

These ladies sound like angels…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361October 24, 2022 9:23 PM

Hi Joe. Thinking of you and Mark today.

by Anonymousreply 362October 24, 2022 9:47 PM

Hello, Joe. Holding you and Mark close to my heart tonight. Sending you both much love as you prepare to part. You inspire me and hundreds other. You have touched many lives, Joe, and you have made a lasting impression. You will be remembered for a very long time, dear man.

by Anonymousreply 363October 25, 2022 3:34 AM

The silence worries me.

by Anonymousreply 364October 25, 2022 10:28 PM

Ping

by Anonymousreply 365October 25, 2022 10:34 PM

Joe/Mark - hope you are okay today. Love, peace and light to you both.

by Anonymousreply 366October 25, 2022 10:43 PM

Sing a song of joy do not be sad.

by Anonymousreply 367October 25, 2022 10:51 PM

Joe is probably gone. hope you are no longer suffering Joe. RIP

by Anonymousreply 368October 25, 2022 10:54 PM

Hi Joe, from Ireland. As someone who takes life way too seriously..do you have any wisdom...im so glad you're still here (i have actually spoken about your 1st post to a lot of people..it was so elequent). .i tried to 'use' it to make me stop taking things so seriously and just live, forgive and enjoy. I hope you feel well. X

by Anonymousreply 369October 25, 2022 11:01 PM

Joe, people can be unfathomably cruel, especially here on the DL, where, at times, it’s a blood sport with no other purpose than for the sake of itself.

I’m so very sorry if that discouraged you from continuing any further final contact with us. You were very candid about your situation, and it seemed as though the sharing of your life and thoughts here really meant something to you.

I hope you are at peace, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 370October 25, 2022 11:19 PM

I’m also nervous about the silence.

by Anonymousreply 371October 25, 2022 11:26 PM

If you're not gone, Joe, I wish you peace. And if you are, I hope you are all around us and can feel the love of people you've touched.

by Anonymousreply 372October 25, 2022 11:34 PM

May you be at peace, Joe. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

by Anonymousreply 373October 26, 2022 12:03 AM

There’s a faster way to go, Joe!

by Anonymousreply 374October 26, 2022 12:11 AM

Not scared off. Just a few stressful days. I am having to increase my pain meds. They leave me somewhat unmotivated to do much of anything. i know most of you are caring supportive people. The cruel do not upset me as much as they do others. ✌️

by Anonymousreply 375October 26, 2022 12:19 AM

There he is! I was just about to say he would have reported a noticeable decline.

Yay, more pain meds! I hope they leave you feeling good!

by Anonymousreply 376October 26, 2022 12:21 AM

So glad you didn’t leave, Joe, without saying a final goodbye to us. Please don’t think it won’t matter. Love to you and Mark.

by Anonymousreply 377October 26, 2022 12:46 AM

Yaaah Joe. You had us holding our breath, dude.

by Anonymousreply 378October 26, 2022 1:13 AM

Love you Joe ❤️

by Anonymousreply 379October 26, 2022 1:34 AM

Gather ye Rose-buds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying: And this same flower that smiles to day, To morrow will be dying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380October 26, 2022 1:36 AM

Oh phew. So glad you’re still with us Joe. I’m sorry about the pain.

Sending you and Mark love ❤️

by Anonymousreply 381October 26, 2022 2:04 AM

Not sure if you are a musical fan, Joe, but I sung this for my friend Bambi Slut before she died, and I do think it is a lovely song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382October 26, 2022 2:10 AM

Dear Joe, I hope you're peaceful and comfortable. Big hug!

by Anonymousreply 383October 26, 2022 2:31 AM

I think about you throughout my day Joe, and I’m sending you love and happy thoughts to you and Mark. You are loved!

by Anonymousreply 384October 26, 2022 2:46 AM

Hi Joe,

Shout out to you from South Norwalk, CT.

I think about you throughout the day, too, and I’m glad you haven’t quit the thread. There’s a lot of love in here, something of a DL miracle, and I hope we’re a comfort to you.

by Anonymousreply 385October 26, 2022 3:09 AM

R385 A Christmas Moose DL miracle thread.

by Anonymousreply 386October 26, 2022 3:41 AM

Long live The Christmas Moose.

by Anonymousreply 387October 26, 2022 3:45 AM

Sending love and light to you today, Joe. I have also been thinking of you and Mark these last few days and always with an appreciation for how you describe the love that you feel for each other. I hope that my wife and I will be as happy and content in our declining years. I will pray to the God I believe in that your pain is less and that you feel all of the overwhelming love and support you have here and in real life.

by Anonymousreply 388October 26, 2022 12:13 PM

Should we have a seance?

by Anonymousreply 389October 26, 2022 4:58 PM

Thinking of you, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 390October 27, 2022 12:54 AM

Move it along Toots

by Anonymousreply 391October 27, 2022 2:19 AM

Maybe Joe is all of us? Dying or dead.

by Anonymousreply 392October 27, 2022 4:07 AM

Bambi Slut, R382?

by Anonymousreply 393October 27, 2022 9:38 AM

One cannot trust a Harkonnen (R388). They’re brrrrrrrutal!

by Anonymousreply 394October 27, 2022 9:40 AM

Why is this crossed out with so many “likes”?

by Anonymousreply 395October 27, 2022 9:41 AM

[quote] A Christmas Moose DL miracle thread.

[quote] Long live The Christmas Moose.

I miss Christmas Moose friend. Like Moose he was “good egg”.

by Anonymousreply 396October 27, 2022 9:42 AM

That troll is FFing it a bunch, r395. Change your settings to "asbestos eyeballs" and it's not crossed out. Maybe WW it to help combat the troll (who seems to be someone who is just jealous that they didn't get as much attention for their own FAKE health concern thread a while back).

by Anonymousreply 397October 27, 2022 10:55 AM

Good morning, Joe. Thinking of you and Mark today. Sending you a virtual hug. ((. ))

by Anonymousreply 398October 27, 2022 12:40 PM

Good morning Joe! I was worried about you and glad you are posting again. So much love is going your way from DLers it’s really touching.

Holding you and Mark close to my heart and hope you can get through the pain. We love you !! 💖

by Anonymousreply 399October 27, 2022 2:03 PM

Hi Joe, we love you.

by Anonymousreply 400October 27, 2022 2:06 PM

Wishing Joe and Mark the best today, and every day. Thinking of them here.

by Anonymousreply 401October 27, 2022 2:18 PM

Good morning Joe, thinking of you and Mark today and hope you are both well

by Anonymousreply 402October 27, 2022 3:52 PM

So Is Joe planning on deciding when he should leave soon? Very brave. We all are going to go so you are not alone Joe.

by Anonymousreply 403October 28, 2022 3:14 AM

RIP Joe

by Anonymousreply 404October 28, 2022 6:58 AM

Joe and Mark - love to you, as I've wished peace for the both of you since the beginning of the first thread. I hold you in my heart, and I've told your story to the people I love most in the world. You are a light that won't be extinguished even when your corporeal form breathes last breath.

by Anonymousreply 405October 28, 2022 7:08 AM

He’s not dead. He said he is taking more pain meds so he’s not going to post as much. He is basically high all the time now and good for him!

by Anonymousreply 406October 28, 2022 11:05 AM

What R406 said. Thanks, everyone. R403 is correct as well. I can tell my time is running out. The pain is more constant and eating is a struggle. I don't see myself going on with this much longer, but I will give it my all before packing it in.

by Anonymousreply 407October 28, 2022 4:15 PM

Joe, it’s great to hear from you.

I wish I had words of wisdom. Hope you can keep your good memories close and take comfort from all those praying for and thinking of you.

by Anonymousreply 408October 28, 2022 4:29 PM

Thank you for checking in Joe. So many of us are sending you love and thinking of you.

by Anonymousreply 409October 28, 2022 5:24 PM

I’m sorry, Joe. May you have a peaceful transition to whatever’s next. Thank you for sharing this journey with us.

by Anonymousreply 410October 28, 2022 5:37 PM

This thread will end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 411October 28, 2022 6:28 PM

Hi Joe, sending love to you. And support to Mark. We're all thinking of you.

by Anonymousreply 412October 28, 2022 8:21 PM

Give it your all Joe. And don't worry about keeping us apprised. Focus on what you need to focus on.

Just know, you have a lot of love here.

Once again, wishing only Peace for you, Mark, and the rest of both your families.

Godspeed.

by Anonymousreply 413October 29, 2022 1:16 AM

A song by Amy to both of you =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414October 29, 2022 4:21 AM

Everyday a little death

by Anonymousreply 415October 29, 2022 4:38 AM

Love you Joe 💐

by Anonymousreply 416October 29, 2022 5:47 AM

Sure hope we get to read your blog, Joe. Your life’s journey has thoroughly intrigued me. Wishing you and Mark peace and love.

by Anonymousreply 417October 29, 2022 2:48 PM

goodbye Joe.

by Anonymousreply 418October 29, 2022 8:48 PM

Love to both of you. With time, maybe Mark will feel up to sharing your blog. You certainly have had a life well lived.

by Anonymousreply 419October 29, 2022 9:07 PM

Sending love, Joe. You leave as soon as you know the time is right. I am so happy that you can make that choice and hope that when it is my time, I can choose it, too. Wrapping you and Mark in a virtual love bubble.

by Anonymousreply 420October 30, 2022 12:45 AM

What r420 said! Love to you guys today and the rest of your days (and beyond).

by Anonymousreply 421October 30, 2022 12:47 AM

Joe, it's okay to stay longer and it's okay to go -the choice is yours (with maybe some input from Mark). When you do choose to go, know that everyone here will be both sad and happy for you. In the meantime, I hope there are lots of good hours spent with Mark and those you love. :)

by Anonymousreply 422October 30, 2022 1:06 AM

♥️🌸🦋🙏🏻🌈

by Anonymousreply 423October 30, 2022 3:48 AM

I don't understand, why not take the pills and check out? Why put up with the pain? Also, I would not want my loved ones to see me weak and in pain, it's terrible for everyone...

by Anonymousreply 424October 30, 2022 3:51 AM

Well, R424, when you're standing at the edge, it's not always easy to jump.

Love ya, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 425October 30, 2022 4:03 AM

I think that's Joe's plan, R424. But only he can decide when the time is right.

And it's very easy to say that's what we would do -and quite another thing to do it. Especially in the time before the pain becomes unmanageable and there are still some good moments to be had. It's natural to cling to life. Rather than questioning Joe's choices, let's just support them. :)

by Anonymousreply 426October 30, 2022 4:04 AM

R424 WTF? Get out of here. Only Joe gets to decide when it’s time. And anyone who loves him understands that.

by Anonymousreply 427October 30, 2022 5:47 AM

Your body, your choice, Joe. Let us know how we can help you or Mark.

{I think I may know you. I'm a Broadway person).

-stargazer

by Anonymousreply 428October 30, 2022 6:27 AM

Thinking of you, Joe and Mark.

by Anonymousreply 429October 30, 2022 8:31 PM

Thanks for caring. Tough times. FYI…I still don’t have the EOL drugs. A clerical error delayed things. It’s Ok. Pain management is effective. Plus copious amounts of pot helps. ♥️🙏

by Anonymousreply 430October 30, 2022 11:35 PM

Oh, that sucks, Joe! Keep puffing away though. We're still here for you and sending you both love and kind thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 431October 30, 2022 11:42 PM

R430, thrilled to hear from you. One day at a time.

by Anonymousreply 432October 30, 2022 11:47 PM

Blah

by Anonymousreply 433October 30, 2022 11:56 PM

Love to you Joe ❤️

by Anonymousreply 434October 31, 2022 12:02 AM

R432 Really, do you think at a time like this he wants to be reminded of Bonnie Franklin??

; - )

Love you, Joe. Glad you're stickin' around tonight. Hope you're enjoying pain meds.

Peace, my brother.

by Anonymousreply 435October 31, 2022 12:41 AM

Peace and tranquillity for your transition, dear Joe. Thank you so much for sharing yourself with us, thank you for touching our lives!

by Anonymousreply 436October 31, 2022 4:16 AM

Just do it already.

by Anonymousreply 437October 31, 2022 6:17 AM

We are strangers to each other, but I am full of love for you. Wishing you peace, comfort, gentleness and light, Joe xx

by Anonymousreply 438October 31, 2022 6:47 AM

Happy Halloween, Joe & Mark. Like the poster says, hang in there.

by Anonymousreply 439November 1, 2022 12:39 AM

Good morning to Joe and Mark! Taking this opportunity when Primetime is off to say I'm still thinking of you both, hope the meds are doing their job and that you're doing well.

by Anonymousreply 440November 1, 2022 2:46 PM

Hi Joe,

Shout out to you from all the way over on the east coast.

We’re here for you, buddy.

by Anonymousreply 441November 2, 2022 1:10 AM

It seems wrong that Joe posted his news in the first thread on 9/21. It's only been 6 weeks! :(

by Anonymousreply 442November 2, 2022 1:17 AM

Well, we are all going to die someday. I am so full of admiration how Joe has taken this by the reins and doing it his way. This can't be easy for Mark in any form, but perhaps *easier* because Joe has clearly laid out his specific plan and Mark doesn't have to make horrible decisions about "pulling the plug". I don't mean to sound brutal. But when it comes down to the nitty gritty, well, it isn't pretty for the partner, regardless of their role in the "it is time" decision making process.

My love to you both.

by Anonymousreply 443November 2, 2022 1:46 AM

He was born in the summer of his 27th year

Coming home to a place he'd never been before

He left yesterday behind him, you might say he was born again

You might say he found a key for every door

When he first came to the mountains his life was far away

On the road and hanging by a song

But the string's already broken and he doesn't really care

It keeps changing fast and it don't last for long

But the Colorado Rocky Mountain high

I've seen it rainin' fire in the sky

The shadow from the starlight is softer than a lullaby

Rocky Mountain high (Colorado)

Rocky Mountain high (high in Colorado)

He climbed cathedral mountains, he saw silver clouds below

He saw everything as far as you can see

And they say that he got crazy once and he tried to touch the sun

And he lost a friend but kept the memory

Now he walks in quiet solitude the forests and the streams

Seeking grace in every step he takes

His sight has turned inside himself to try and understand

The serenity of a clear blue mountain lake

by Anonymousreply 444November 2, 2022 1:55 AM

Sending you love Joe.

by Anonymousreply 445November 2, 2022 2:44 AM

Just saying hi Joe.

Hope you're high off your ass!

by Anonymousreply 446November 2, 2022 2:51 AM

Thanks again for your kind wishes and support. It was an unpleasant day. The EOL drugs arrived by courier. Because I am transitioning from one pain medication to another my body is adjusting. It doesn’t necessarily like the changes and is objecting accordingly. This should pass in a day or so. I can see clearly that making the decision will not be too difficult. For me, the decision will be easy but Mark is also a determining factor. I want him to be as ready as is possible. 🙏. Night all.

by Anonymousreply 447November 2, 2022 3:58 AM

Much love Joe, and thanks for checking in here. We know you have more pressing things to think of.

by Anonymousreply 448November 2, 2022 4:10 AM

Thanks for the update Joe. Sending you all the love - and to Mark as well. I am so grateful you shared your story with us. This thread is something I can look forward to 💖

by Anonymousreply 449November 2, 2022 5:09 AM

R447 💚

by Anonymousreply 450November 2, 2022 7:43 AM

Love coming your way, always, Joe and Mark. I'm glad your EOL meds finally came, and now you can decide the right time for you and yours.

Was down near you in Guerneville for the past few days and thought often about you. I've shared your story with my family (even with a few tears, MARY!) because it doesn't matter whether I've met you, shook your hand and looked into your eyes (and I may well have), I think of you every day and check in on you.

I love you from afar and so appreciate that you have shared your story with us all. What a gift you have given us all, not just here on DL, but beyond. You've had a lasting effect on our lives, most definitely mine. Thank you, you wonderful being, for being so very vulnerable, open, honest and tolerating (with the assholes that sometimes infest these threads). In case you decide to go forward before I have a chance to say anything else to you: you are loved. I know you know that, but I want you to really feel all the love here from all of us and to know just how much you have meant to all of us.

Love to you always and beyond, Joe and Mark.

by Anonymousreply 451November 2, 2022 8:26 AM

❤🧡💛💚💙💜 ❤🧡💛💚💙💜 ❤🧡💛💚💙💜 ❤🧡💛💚💙💜 ❤🧡💛💚💙💜

to Joe and Mark

by Anonymousreply 452November 2, 2022 12:04 PM

Joe, just so you are aware, you are fulfilling your life's path by doing this thread for everyone. You are leaving a great impact.

by Anonymousreply 453November 2, 2022 1:57 PM

R451 That was beautifully said.

r453 I agree.

by Anonymousreply 454November 2, 2022 5:28 PM

1000 men and women fell in love with you, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 455November 3, 2022 12:24 AM

Joe, I really admire your attitude and strength of character. Mark loves you, and it will be hard for him to say he is ready to say goodbye -just as it will be hard for you. I watched my parents go through this. (Damn, I'm crying now...) When my father told my mother that it was okay to go now, I know those were the hardest words he ever said in his life -as they were the hardest of my life when I eventually said them to him. I wish I knew some way to make it easier...

Much love to you both.

by Anonymousreply 456November 3, 2022 2:06 AM

Joe- Thinking of you and Mark. Hope you have a peaceful night.

by Anonymousreply 457November 3, 2022 5:08 AM

Joe and Mark, Thank you for sharing some of your journey with us. I think what you have done is very bold and profound. You have touched my heart and parts of us will go with you. You won't be without us. May you feel peaceful. We are with you always.

by Anonymousreply 458November 3, 2022 10:03 AM

Joe, we hope you have a decent quality of life at the moment with your pain meds. Sending love!

by Anonymousreply 459November 3, 2022 10:38 AM

Meet us at midnight, Joe, on New Year’s Eve at the top of the highest building in the largest city of the planet we’ve colonized in the year 2525.

by Anonymousreply 460November 3, 2022 6:03 PM

Ok R460 got me all verklempt. Sometimes you bitches, I swear.

by Anonymousreply 461November 4, 2022 12:03 AM

R460…♥️

by Anonymousreply 462November 4, 2022 1:03 AM

Once in a while, not often, but occasionally, DL turns out a true bit of grace.

Love to you and Mark.

by Anonymousreply 463November 4, 2022 1:29 AM

Experiencing this thread has reminded me of this John Updike poem called "Perfection Wasted":

And another regrettable thing about death is the ceasing of your own brand of magic, which took a whole life to develop and market--- the quips, the witticisms, the slant adjusted to a few, those loved ones nearest the lip of the stage, their soft faces blanched in the footlight glow, their laughter close to tears, their tears confused with their diamond earrings, their warm pooled breath in and out with your heartbeat, their response and your performance twinned. The jokes over the phone. The memories packed in the rapid-access file. The whole act. Who will do it again? That's it: no one, imitators and descendants aren't the same.

With love and respect to you and Mark - a friend

by Anonymousreply 464November 4, 2022 1:36 AM

Joe I have been reading DL for twenty years and never registered- I am posting now to wish you and Mark comfort and peace. ❤️💙🧡💚💜💛

by Anonymousreply 465November 5, 2022 3:15 AM

Hi Joe,

You’re never far from my mind. Wishing you a peaceful Saturday.

by Anonymousreply 466November 5, 2022 6:12 PM

Thinking of you Joe. Sending love.

by Anonymousreply 467November 5, 2022 11:07 PM

Hi, Joe! Nice to get a bit of rain in Northern California, huh? Hope you are enjoying the same, along with peace of mind and comfort of body. Love to you and Mark.

by Anonymousreply 468November 5, 2022 11:37 PM

have a nice evening Joe.

by Anonymousreply 469November 6, 2022 12:22 AM

Joe, hope you know mow many people care.

by Anonymousreply 470November 6, 2022 12:37 AM

xoxo

by Anonymousreply 471November 6, 2022 12:51 AM

Joe can’t be a fake bc it takes decades to get a common name here

by Anonymousreply 472November 6, 2022 2:06 AM

"Joe" is not fake. He's an invention. Of a very sick poster.

by Anonymousreply 473November 6, 2022 2:47 AM

The rain is lovely. The air is like wine.

by Anonymousreply 474November 6, 2022 2:50 AM

LOVE

by Anonymousreply 475November 6, 2022 3:25 AM

Hi Joe - R79 here, the poster with depression. I just wanted to say this thread continues to be one of the things I really look forward everyday. Yesterday I finally went out and heard from someone a lot wiser than me that “there’s love to all of us, don’t forget that”.

As I came back home I could not help thinking of you, Mark and all here sending you love. Love is surrounding you, those who are part of your life to folks who you met - from all places - at DL.

Somehow I found solace and was able to feel a glimpse of hope, so thank you Joe for starting this beautiful thread and sharing your story. I thank you and Mark, while sending you both all my love. I truly wish I would have met you at some point in my life, and wish you a beautiful journey 💖.

by Anonymousreply 476November 6, 2022 4:16 AM

Rough day yesterday. Thanks for the love and good wishes. They help.

by Anonymousreply 477November 7, 2022 4:24 PM

Dear Joe, I hope today is a better day for you. Sending love and cozy vibes.

by Anonymousreply 478November 7, 2022 4:41 PM

Warmest wishes from Manhattan this afternoon Joe. May it be a good day all round.

by Anonymousreply 479November 7, 2022 4:54 PM

Much love from New Zealand Joe. I find myself thinking of you when the sun hits my face.

by Anonymousreply 480November 7, 2022 6:48 PM

Hello Joe, sending you positive vibes from rainy Los Angeles.

by Anonymousreply 481November 7, 2022 6:57 PM

Hi Joe, I hope tomorrow is a better day.

by Anonymousreply 482November 7, 2022 8:53 PM

Hi Joe and Mark, Prayers for you both that you have a peaceful Monday.

by Anonymousreply 483November 7, 2022 9:36 PM

Love to you both from NYC ❤️

by Anonymousreply 484November 8, 2022 12:48 AM

More positive vibes, and love, for Joe & Mark from rainy Los Angeles...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485November 8, 2022 1:00 AM

Checking in to this thread daily as I've been doing. My best to you Joe, all good wishes to you, Mark and your families. Am thinking of you.

by Anonymousreply 486November 8, 2022 1:03 AM

Joe, sorry you've had a rough day. Hope you and Mark at least are enjoying the sound of the rain today and yesterday. Love to you both. 💖

by Anonymousreply 487November 8, 2022 1:07 AM

Sending you love, peace and good vibes, Joe and Mark. 💞

by Anonymousreply 488November 8, 2022 2:17 AM

R487… Never tire of the rain in the forest. Rich in oxygen and petrichor. (The aroma of rain on dry earth).

by Anonymousreply 489November 8, 2022 3:01 AM

R489 The smell of rain falling on dirt, that first starting rain, is very musky and earthy.

by Anonymousreply 490November 8, 2022 3:06 AM

Good morning from rainy Los Angeles! Even the smell of pavement after it rains is comforting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491November 8, 2022 12:21 PM

Thinking of you and Mark. Sending love ❤️

by Anonymousreply 492November 9, 2022 4:41 PM

R464 I love Updike so, so much. I had never read that, I'm a Rabbit Angstrom girl. Beautiful. Joe, I hope you're laughing and having some fun, as long as you are, life is still good. Love to you both. Oh and I hope you're eating crappy foods. Go nuts, have a bacon bacon cheeseburger or a cheese steak.

by Anonymousreply 493November 9, 2022 4:54 PM

Hi Joe,

Connecticut checking in, thinking of you.

When we don’t hear from you I figure you’re in a lot of pain, and that’s when I send out positive thoughts for your comfort.

Love to Mark.

by Anonymousreply 494November 11, 2022 2:39 AM

r494 said it all for us. Love always to you and Mark. Wishing you good vibrations.

by Anonymousreply 495November 11, 2022 3:02 AM

[quote] your fiend in Santa Rosa

Fiend. Correct.

by Anonymousreply 496November 11, 2022 3:06 AM

Thinking of you, Joe. :)

by Anonymousreply 497November 11, 2022 3:22 AM

Thinking about you everyday. Hope you're comfortable and enjoying the love you have.

by Anonymousreply 498November 11, 2022 11:51 AM

Good morning Joe,

I stop by this thread every day and it’s been a pleasure to read, I sincerely wish you a beautiful day with Mark by your side. You are always in my thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 499November 11, 2022 1:24 PM

Morning Joe. Sending well wishes to you and Mark.

by Anonymousreply 500November 11, 2022 1:53 PM

Hey there, Joe! Hope you're comfortable, and having some good days. Enjoy the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 501November 11, 2022 5:14 PM

Better lately. New meds are helping. Mark is being strong. He is becoming more confident, which helps me see more clearly. Thank you all. ♥️🙏

by Anonymousreply 502November 11, 2022 10:52 PM

Lots of CT posters here. Good to see!

Just checking up on Joe. Every time I get ready to leave this place, a thread like this comes along and pulls me back in.

Glad the new meds are helping. Peace.

by Anonymousreply 503November 11, 2022 11:07 PM

Hi Joe, thinking of you and Mark today. Glad to hear the new become is helping you. Sending positive thoughts and smiles your way.

by Anonymousreply 504November 12, 2022 1:35 AM

You are privy to a great becoming.

by Anonymousreply 505November 12, 2022 1:43 AM

Love to you tonight, and to Mark. I thought of you both today.

by Anonymousreply 506November 12, 2022 1:50 AM

Good news, Joe. And good to hear. And sending love. Now, get stoned, love.

by Anonymousreply 507November 12, 2022 1:51 AM

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better Joe. Sending you and Mark love and peace from Australia.

by Anonymousreply 508November 12, 2022 6:23 AM

Hey Joe. Haven't been able to check into this thread for a bit. But I'm thrilled your feeling better and the new drugs are working.

Take an extra one for me!

by Anonymousreply 509November 12, 2022 7:00 AM

Everybody MUST get stoned! Let’s do it gang! Let’s all get stoned with Joe tonight.

by Anonymousreply 510November 12, 2022 8:12 AM

Greetings from Massachusetts. I’m checking this thread almost everyday since day one. Glad to hear meds are kicking in. You are an inspiration to me, an old DLer who still wants to believe true love exists.

You and Mark are the living proof that there’s still hope to some of us.

Sending you both lots of love. 💝

by Anonymousreply 511November 12, 2022 8:56 AM

R510 - Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. That must be really tough.

by Anonymousreply 512November 12, 2022 8:58 AM

Thanks R512. I am in shock. Thought things were getting better and was ready for a new start. Will know how bad it is in a few days.

by Anonymousreply 513November 12, 2022 9:13 AM

Sending you love r513. Sorry to hear that.

by Anonymousreply 514November 12, 2022 11:03 AM

Good morning, Joe and Mark! I hope it’s a beautiful day!!

R510. Sending positive, good thoughts your way,

by Anonymousreply 515November 12, 2022 11:22 AM

Everybody must get stoned!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516November 12, 2022 12:13 PM

More love to you from Massachusetts. Wish you could spend a few days with us on the Cape.

by Anonymousreply 517November 12, 2022 3:00 PM

Today is a jumble. Today is Mark's 71st birthday. He was just 20 when we met. For me, he hasn't changed, inside or out. He has had my back for 5 decades. I will guard him forever if I can.

by Anonymousreply 518November 12, 2022 5:29 PM

Happy Birthday, Mark! And many happy returns of the day! Love to both of you!

by Anonymousreply 519November 12, 2022 5:31 PM

Happy birthday Mark!!! Sending you and Joe a ton of love.

by Anonymousreply 520November 12, 2022 6:49 PM

Happy birthday Mark. Big hugs ❤️

by Anonymousreply 521November 12, 2022 7:00 PM

Happy Birthday, Mark! A day for celebration, reflection.

by Anonymousreply 522November 12, 2022 8:28 PM

Happy birthday to Mark, from Connecticut.

by Anonymousreply 523November 12, 2022 9:01 PM

Happy Birthday to Mark and Happy Mark’s Birthday to you Joe.

by Anonymousreply 524November 12, 2022 9:18 PM

Epitaph by Merrit Malloy

When I die Give what’s left of me away To children And old men that wait to die. And if you need to cry, Cry for your brother Walking the street beside you. And when you need me, Put your arms Around anyone And give them What you need to give to me.

I want to leave you something, Something better Than words Or sounds.

Look for me In the people I’ve known Or loved, And if you cannot give me away, At least let me live on in your eyes And not on your mind.

You can love me most By letting Hands touch hands, By letting Bodies touch bodies, And by letting go Of children That need to be free.

Love doesn’t die, People do. So, when all that’s left of me Is love, Give me away.

I’ll see you at home In the earth.

by Anonymousreply 525November 12, 2022 11:40 PM

Hi, Joe! Hope the new meds are having you feeling wonderful this Saturday. hugs and kisses

by Anonymousreply 526November 12, 2022 11:45 PM

Happy birthday, Mark! Joe, I hope you and Mark are having a wonderful weekend.

by Anonymousreply 527November 13, 2022 8:39 AM

Sending you a big smooch from across the pond, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 528November 13, 2022 5:39 PM

Happy Belated Birthday to Mark, and love, comfort and warmth to both of you today. Glad your new meds are working, Joe 💖

by Anonymousreply 529November 13, 2022 6:31 PM

Another CT DLer sending love to Joe and Mark. Glad the new meds are bringing you some comfort.

by Anonymousreply 530November 14, 2022 12:12 AM

Happy belated birthday, Matk!!🎂🍾

by Anonymousreply 531November 14, 2022 1:39 AM

Cher’s Farewell Tour was shorter than this shit…..

by Anonymousreply 532November 14, 2022 3:29 AM

R532 But not nearly as heart warming. Getting stoned with you, Joe. Kisses and shit.

by Anonymousreply 533November 14, 2022 3:56 AM

Thinking of you, Joe and Mark!

by Anonymousreply 534November 14, 2022 3:59 AM

Might be time to start a new thread. It no longer pops me back to the last place I read in the thread, it takes me all the way to the beginning of the thread. Then it takes forever to get to the bottom and hangs over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 535November 14, 2022 4:30 AM

One more thread on the imaginary death of Joe and then maybe Mark can get cancer too?

by Anonymousreply 536November 14, 2022 4:53 AM

Created a new thread, although it was supposed to say Goodbye to, not just goodbye… please give us edit capability for Xmas, Muriel!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537November 14, 2022 11:38 AM

So, is this thread over now?

by Anonymousreply 538November 19, 2022 5:27 PM

R13, I don’t understand what you mean about how it’s shot so differently. It looks like any other show of this format with lots of shadows and a muted color palette.

by Anonymousreply 539November 19, 2022 6:12 PM

There is another thread, R538. I followed it but it has somehow been removed from my list and now I'm not seeing it any more...

by Anonymousreply 540November 19, 2022 7:10 PM

Here is a link to Part 3, but there's not much activity either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541November 19, 2022 7:17 PM

Joe started an official one. Here it is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542November 22, 2022 5:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!