Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Dana Rivers murder trial is starting today.

Absent from all new media I see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94June 27, 2023 6:21 PM

Thank you, OP. It would be nice of Law Youtube carried it. I'll check it out.

by Anonymousreply 1October 10, 2022 8:37 PM

Not a whisper anywhere besides twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 10, 2022 9:06 PM

There was so much tweeting happening they had to end the media blackout. A grand total of 3 articles.

The second day of trial is scheduled for 17th October 9am.

There may be a livestream available from the Alameda George E Mcdonald building.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 13, 2022 2:57 PM

"Dahmer was gay so as you know, all gays are cannibals and murderers."

by Anonymousreply 4October 13, 2022 3:01 PM

Oh here comes those who wish to nuke this thread. Let us twirl our vagina capes and keep this light!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 13, 2022 3:03 PM

R4 Two gay people and their son were brutally murdered. It's taken 6 years to come to trial and the media has barely reported on it. Don't you think this trial is of interest to a gay website?

by Anonymousreply 6October 13, 2022 3:04 PM

R4 Fuck off, there's 50 fucking Dahmer threads on here now, this is a gay couple who were murdered, it's news, especially here. Stop fucking gaslighting and minimizing.

by Anonymousreply 7October 13, 2022 3:06 PM

You don't know what gaslighting is if you think what I said at r4 is an example of it.

I'm not going to fuck off because this is my board more than it's yours. You're trolls from other boards who glommed on to DL because it was anonymous, and you've said yourselves that you're not even gay. You only care about this because the murderer is trans and you want to make a political point of it, the way all rightwingers do with stories of this type.

by Anonymousreply 8October 13, 2022 3:10 PM

[quote]There may be a livestream available from the Alameda George E Mcdonald building.

So which is it, a media blackout or is it being livestreamed? You can't have both, but I'm sure you're gonna try.

by Anonymousreply 9October 13, 2022 3:12 PM

Who said I'm not gay? I've been here for years. Gaslighting = you acting like people are crazy to want to talk about a gay couple being murdered and oddly comparing it to people saying all gays are cannibals and murderers.

by Anonymousreply 10October 13, 2022 3:14 PM

I would have loved to have followed this trial, even though interest dwindled in it, just like the North Dakota mass murder trial. Unfortunately at least one specific anti-trans agitator decided to make this trial her major focus, which has meant that the case has turned into an anti-trans crusade, and any time that happens on any topic, the media backs off.

Also, please don't say it's just the "liberal media" who refuses to report these things. Reuters just tweeted the results of the Nikolas Cruz sentencing verdict and had to delete their tweet because of all the people posting "this is Trump's fault" in replies.

If even the Daily Mail is not willing to touch this case, then there is a reason for it.

by Anonymousreply 11October 13, 2022 3:16 PM

[quote]Gaslighting = you acting like people are crazy to want to talk about a gay couple being murdered and oddly comparing it to people saying all gays are cannibals and murderers.

Nothing I said at r4 even implies "people are crazy to want to talk about this murder." You just made that up. You make up a lot of things.

I know full well that all this "media blackout!" crap and links to Kara Dansky means that your concern with this case is that a trans person is a murderer, and it fits your agenda as proof that "men are all dangerous, trans women are men, trans are dangerous murderers literally killing lesbians."

Except no, it's one trans woman psychopath who killed a lesbian couple and their son. It's not all trans, just like Dahmer is not all gays.

You know this, and you're just flapping about with stupidity, hoping to distract from the point I made.

by Anonymousreply 12October 13, 2022 3:22 PM

Well I just blocked the homophobic moron at r4 and my life is better for it.

I'll be tuning in on Thursday morning. It will be interesting to see how it proceeds. Apparently Rivers arrived in a wheelchair on the first day. Reminding me of Harvey Weinstein on his zimmerframe.

by Anonymousreply 13October 13, 2022 3:23 PM

Go dilate r4!

by Anonymousreply 14October 13, 2022 3:26 PM

EDIT: Monday morning not Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 15October 13, 2022 3:41 PM

One busy classic mental gay here, busy shrieking the usual psychotic rant about 'rightwing rightwing wah wah' regarding the serious news about brutal murder of lesbians (those are gay women too).

Ohhh haven't GAY (homosexuals, including lesbians) people, popular figures, groups, media, etc. been used to cover loudly whenever GAYS were brutally murdered, talking about HOMOPHOBIC HATE CRIMES?

I heard about this but didnt know such a long time passed with extremely disgusting near silence (barely any outrage from the hysterically loud GAY/LGBTQIA sources whose specialty is covering and shouting all the outrage regarding anti-gay or homophobia).

Whenever big news about gays getting murdered or beaten, does this kind of lunatic gays rush to go shriek "The criminal was hetero so as you know, all heteros are cannibals and murderers."? Instead of shouting HOMOPHOBIA like sane gays?

I doubt it. They're too desperate to scream rightwing and derail and bury the very INCONVENIENT news at all cost because oh, it shouldnt be well known where the hideous murderer belongs to his fetish pet group.

by Anonymousreply 16October 13, 2022 3:45 PM

[quote] your concern with this case is that a trans person is a murderer, and it fits your agenda

That's part of it. Just more proof how mentally ill they are. The stats on the level of sexual offenses among trans - almost all offenders being MtF - is extraordinarily high.

So this fits in with the reality of the risks that a disproportionate part of the trans community poses to women and children.

Also the fact that this mentally ill, female hating POS was taken seriously for so long and pandered to in his previous efforts against women.

by Anonymousreply 17October 13, 2022 9:12 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 14, 2022 5:19 AM

R17 that was only published on the 13th. My OP comment was published when the trial began on the 10th (to total media silence.)

by Anonymousreply 19October 15, 2022 8:28 AM

Opening statements from yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 2, 2022 3:53 PM

Defence opening statement: “David Warfield cannot be guilty of murder because as Dana Rivers he has the full protection of Trans deflection. The lesbians murdered themselves. The defence rests.”

by Anonymousreply 21November 2, 2022 3:59 PM

Ha! Pretty much R21.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 2, 2022 4:02 PM

I think the Dana Rivers trial is fascinating because there are so many identity politics at play and so many hot button issues.

The mainstream media--if they cared--would be incapable of consolidating this into a sound bite viewers comprehend...although they should try. But media could never say "Suspected murderer of Parents and Child to come to trial after 6 years."

They can't manage that sentence because... 1) Lesbian married couple (one black, one white) 2) Adopted black son 3) Post-Op Trans Woman (aka "OG Trans") is the accused

Those three points are Krypton to most major media because:

1-Their viewers question validity of #1 because they are two women. Not to mention one is white and one is black 2- Same people who question #1 question ethics of #2 3- As far as #3...that is way too confusing for most of their viewers. Media is afraid to even bring up for fear of using the wrong language and being attacked online and elsewhere.

So here we are with a great big near media blackout and mostly right wing nuts to cover it.

by Anonymousreply 23November 2, 2022 4:15 PM

The jury is in deliberation.

Its so weird to me that they went withe the biker gang angle and didn't mention Mitchfest as possible motivation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 15, 2022 10:09 PM

There will be a live reading of the verdict outside the courthouse at 3.45 EST

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 15, 2022 10:28 PM

I only hope he goes to a men's prison but if he doesn't, I hope the chicks fuck him up.

by Anonymousreply 26November 15, 2022 10:29 PM

I'm just hoping they don't aquit him.

by Anonymousreply 27November 15, 2022 10:40 PM

I don't see how they could R27, but I guess we'll see how magical the trans defense theory is. How dare those lesbians and their innocent son do whatever the fuck he thought they did to him.

by Anonymousreply 28November 15, 2022 11:08 PM

Guilty on all charges!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 15, 2022 11:23 PM

OMG. How did that happen? I blinked and the trial was over and a verdict reached.

Now where is this fucker going to be placed? In a women's prison. Fuck that shit.

by Anonymousreply 30November 16, 2022 12:29 AM

Great. Die in prison you car wash cuntless wonder.

by Anonymousreply 31November 16, 2022 12:52 AM

Who cares, 99% of murders don't make national headlines

by Anonymousreply 32November 16, 2022 12:54 AM

R28 is just looking to lash out at trans people

by Anonymousreply 33November 16, 2022 12:55 AM

R32 it was a hate crime against a gay couple and their son.

by Anonymousreply 34November 16, 2022 12:58 AM

Their son who was black R34, but I guess we aren't allowed to be mad cause we can't lash out at trans people.

by Anonymousreply 35November 16, 2022 1:20 AM

This was a beyond repulsive hate crime against 1) black 2) child 3) women 4) gay women/lesbians/homosexuals by a WHITE adult HETEROSEXUAL MAN.

by Anonymousreply 36November 16, 2022 1:35 AM

R36 And it will go on record as being committed by a woman, thereby skewing crime statistics, yet again. Have you not noticed how women perpetrating sex and violent crimes is on the rise? Fucking ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 37November 16, 2022 1:55 AM

CONVICTED!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 16, 2022 3:26 AM

In his wheelchair, to get special treatment. Make that piece of shit walk like he did the night he slaughtered Charlotte Reed, Patricia Wright, and Benny Diambu Wright. Trying to play the frail old lady.

by Anonymousreply 39November 16, 2022 3:29 AM

More detail here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 16, 2022 3:32 AM

Guilty of the murder of Patricia Wright Guilty of the murder of Charlotte Reed Guilty of the murder of Benny Diambu-Wright Justice at last for this Lesbian Couple and their son.

by Anonymousreply 41November 16, 2022 3:39 AM

Here's a doc from that link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 16, 2022 3:40 AM

This has dragged on for so long, relieved at the conviction. So terribly sad. Rivers has such a sinister vibe, was early on the teacher grooming kids and breaching boundaries thing. Wonder if there are other victims, would not be a surprise, If put in with women in prison there will be more. But tonight we should celebrate justice for the victims, may they RIP.

by Anonymousreply 43November 16, 2022 3:44 AM

We want to read what Jennifer Bilek has to say. Otherwise, your TERF act is stale. Give us your new stuff, your anti-Semitism.

by Anonymousreply 44November 16, 2022 3:55 AM

Did they ever say the motive?

by Anonymousreply 45November 16, 2022 4:09 AM

R45 Rivers was also obsessed with destroying Michfest, which the dead women were involved with. And I think there was a story about conflict in some political group in SF that angered Rivers. Maybe a motorcycle club.

by Anonymousreply 46November 16, 2022 4:53 AM

David Warfield was once union leader for the American Federation of Teachers in Orange County, Cal.

This female hating, female murdering POS has no right to use a female name.

by Anonymousreply 47November 16, 2022 5:17 AM

R46, from what I read, the motorcycle club was very small, like 5 women, max. I think one of the murdered women was backing away from Rivers and the club and that angered him? It seems like Rivers thought he was in some sort of Hells Angels type gang, but it was just mostly women with young children who liked to ride.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 16, 2022 5:53 AM

When Diane Whipple, lesbian lacrosse coach, was mauled to death in 2001 in her SF apartment entryway, by a couple of massive Presa Canario dogs, local gay and lesbian groups made sure that story was on the front page/section of the SF Chron for weeks. Weeks on local tv news.

[quote]The Bay Area Reporter has learned that Robert Noel, convicted along with his wife, Marjorie Knoller, for the 2001 fatal dog mauling of lesbian neighbor Diane Whipple, died in 2018 in a nursing home.

[quote]The case against Noel and Knoller was one of the most publicized trials in Bay Area history, generating international news attention and dominating local headlines for months.

[quote]The case against Noel and Knoller was tried in 2002 in Los Angeles. A change of venue had been granted because of the intense publicity in the Bay Area. The original trial judge, San Francisco Superior Court Judge James Warren, once told the couple in court that they may be the most hated people in San Francisco.

But in today's case, with a trans defendant and a deliberate shooting, with Rivers setting the house on fire to cover evidence of his crime, there has been zero coverage of this trial, conducted in Oakland. Crickets.

Why can’t lesbian groups get any purchase in today's news cycle to publicize this hate crime?

by Anonymousreply 49November 16, 2022 8:11 AM

Compare and contrast news coverage of the Diane Whipple case, lesbian lacrosse coach mauled to death by her neighbors' massive Presa Canario dogs, in the early 2000s, and today's coverage of this hate crime.

When Diane Whipple, lacrosse coach, was mauled to death in 2001 in her SF apartment entryway, by a couple of massive Presa Canario dogs, local gay and lesbian groups made sure that story was on the front page/section of the SF Chron for weeks. Weeks on local tv news.

[quote]The Bay Area Reporter has learned that Robert Noel, convicted along with his wife, Marjorie Knoller, for the 2001 fatal dog mauling of lesbian neighbor Diane Whipple, died in 2018 on his 77th birthday.

[quote]The case against Noel and Knoller was one of the most publicized trials in Bay Area history, generating international news attention and dominating local headlines for months.

[quote]The case was tried in 2002 in Los Angeles. A change of venue had been granted because of the intense publicity in the Bay Area. The original trial judge, San Francisco Superior Court Judge James Warren, once told the couple in court that they may be the most hated people in San Francisco.

Todays case, involving a male trans defendant, merits barely a whisper. Why can’t gay and lesbian groups get some purchase for this case in todays news cycle?

by Anonymousreply 50November 16, 2022 8:19 AM

Sorry for double post ^^^^

by Anonymousreply 51November 16, 2022 8:23 AM

R51, not related to the story but are you male or female? Biologically speaking.

by Anonymousreply 52November 16, 2022 12:10 PM

R24 I didn't realize that Michfest was the motivater.

Michfest is what made me realize than the trans were not on our side.

by Anonymousreply 53November 16, 2022 2:44 PM

Many lesbian groups, like many G or LGB groups, are run by T, is why, R49. Check out NCLR for example.

by Anonymousreply 54November 16, 2022 5:18 PM

[quote] Did they ever say the motive?

I think he was pursuing one of the women and she turned him down.

by Anonymousreply 55November 16, 2022 9:50 PM

R55 So, a typical straight guy crime?

by Anonymousreply 56November 16, 2022 10:06 PM

Kara Danksy wrote her summary of the trial on Substack. It is known that the lesbian couple (Charlotte Reed and Patricia Wright) went to MichFest, and Rivers worked to get the festival shut down. The murder happened a year after the last MichFest. It seems like the defense and prosecution agreed not to mention that. Also when Rivers was apprehended he was wearing Reed's motorcycle gear. Danksy speculated that Rivers wanted to be Reed, and when he couldn't ingratiate himself into her life he killed her. He killed Wright and their son as collateral, Reed was the real target and was butchered. Also, it wasn't mentioned that Rivers was trans until it was revealed that he has male DNA as part of presenting the forensic evidence. Rivers was in a wheelchair and wore a mask so he could have read as female.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 16, 2022 10:19 PM

Ha, R57, that pesky funny DNA always outs, doesn't it? Not to mention the extreme violence of a male crime. What a piece of shit that dude is, I seriously hope some huge black chick or dude, fucks him up since he did murder a black youth. Fuck him. And fuck anyone who capes for him or tries to distract with stupid fucking talking points.

by Anonymousreply 58November 17, 2022 12:44 AM

R57 After someone on here linked the Gender Critical subreddit, I followed it for some laughs. I quickly unfollowed it because there were far more horrifying posts than funny ones. There were tons of screenshots of transwomen saying stuff like, "I'm obsessed with some woman I know and wish I were her!" and going on for paragraphs about the woman they were obsessiving over. So, I wouldn't be shocked if Rivers wanting to to be Reed was the motive.

by Anonymousreply 59November 17, 2022 1:59 AM

R59 A Gender Critical subreddit was allowed to exist?!

by Anonymousreply 60November 17, 2022 4:28 AM

R60 Not anymore. I was gonna link it, but it's now gone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 17, 2022 4:36 AM

I first learned of this horrific case on the now defunct blog GenderTrender. Can anyone recall another instance of a triple homicide escaping the attention of national news and then failing to receive continued coverage in major media outlets? How do we account for what appears to be a years-long virtual news blackout on the brutal murders of three people?

by Anonymousreply 62November 17, 2022 5:21 AM

R62, it's because Rivers is a man identifying as trans, that's it. The TRAs see themselves and get others to see them as THE most marginalized group, and cases like this really fuck with that narrative, don't they? If this was 10 or 15 years ago there would be countless podcasts and a Dateline episode about this case, but the trans propaganda machine is so strong now no one will touch it.

by Anonymousreply 63November 17, 2022 5:31 AM

R63, I have never seen anything like it. How does such a small oppressed group get the clout to tell national news media outlets what they can and cannot cover? I find the lack of major media attention around this case sinister and tantamount to censorship.

by Anonymousreply 64November 17, 2022 5:54 AM

To be fair, R64, the San Jose paper had some coverage. The article linked below has a lot of details. Apparently Rivers was planning to kill Reed for a while.

As for the clout, the TRA movement is mostly run by straight, white men LARPing as women. Look at Jennifer Finney-Boylan, Susan Stryker, Jennifer Pritzker, and Martine Rothblatt, among others. It was easy for these privileged men to create a narrative and get others to go along with it. (The narrative being that they are the most oppressed and therefore people should be forced to address them as women and they should be allowed in women's restrooms, sports, prisons, etc.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65November 17, 2022 6:11 AM

In light of Trans Awareness Week this murder and conviction seems very appropriate and needs to be highlighted in the media.

No need to thank me, TRA minions. Just trying to de-marginalize you.

by Anonymousreply 66November 17, 2022 6:22 AM

What finally happened with the missing husbear who was last seen at the gym and then a gas station? Then his car was found abandoned.

Was he the one later found in the woods by a college campus - or is he still missing?

by Anonymousreply 67November 17, 2022 6:24 AM

Paywall r65

by Anonymousreply 68November 18, 2022 1:15 AM

Strange, R68, it works for me, but here ya go:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69November 18, 2022 1:19 AM

Thanks r69. No mention of Michfest at all in the article. Appreciated the effort taken in avoiding using feminine pronouns to refer to defendant Rivers, as much as poss., and for including the detail that Rivers initially became known because of transitioning. Don’t believe the jury was initially aware, prob due to relevance objections during pretrial evidence negotiating, but that’s just conjecture.

Agree about the narrative coming from a small group of exceedingly rich, influential middle aged AGPs, plus the Denton Group's strategy of operating under the radar has worked for a decade. Still, the relative lack of local coverage about the murder trial involving a sensational case and the deaths of an Oakland CA lesbian couple and their son is shocking.

by Anonymousreply 70November 18, 2022 5:50 AM

I don't think his trans status was irrelevant at all at trial. In fact, it's why he killed them.

You don't need pronouns with him: just use POS/Murdering POS

by Anonymousreply 71November 18, 2022 11:22 AM

R71 sometimes the prosecution agrees to something, as long as they can still win at trial, just to avoid any possible grounds for reversal on appeal. Here, the DA won a guilty verdict on all counts without risking any reversal on some bogus appeal based on prejudice against trans status, is my speculation. Police caught him exiting the victims' home, ffs, wearing a leather jacket soaked in the victims' blood, after setting the home on fire. I mean.

by Anonymousreply 72November 19, 2022 2:33 PM

R72, I know, and I don't disagree with you. But fact remains it WAS relevant to motivation. But as you say sometimes you don't need things like motivation to prove a case.

But from a broader perspective this type of mental illness that arises out of transgenderism and other paraphilias should be known. Some paraphilias are harmless to others and some paraphilias pose a real risk of danger to others. They aren't just floats in a gay pride parade.

by Anonymousreply 73November 19, 2022 2:39 PM

People (none were me btw) posted this story over on true crime subreddits and all the posts got locked. Even when the ones that were neutral news stories that just provided factual information.

by Anonymousreply 74November 21, 2022 1:48 PM

WTF?!! R74.

by Anonymousreply 75November 21, 2022 2:56 PM

Reddit is a hotbed of censorship. Do they even have any lesbian subreddits left?

by Anonymousreply 76November 21, 2022 3:14 PM

Sorry. I misread that. I thought you said Websleuths locked the threads. Redditt locking threads about a transgender murderer - now that is what you'd expect.

by Anonymousreply 77November 21, 2022 3:21 PM

47 stab wounds. jesus christ.

by Anonymousreply 78November 21, 2022 3:24 PM

As feared, they put this POS in a women's prison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79June 17, 2023 5:07 PM

Wow, I had not heard of this one, where the hell have I been?

by Anonymousreply 80June 17, 2023 5:14 PM

[quote]Wow, I had not heard of this one, where the hell have I been?

The mainstream media hasn't touched it. If the male murderer didn't pretend to be a woman, they would have run this story into the ground.

by Anonymousreply 81June 18, 2023 1:45 PM

Reduxx has a new article up about Rivers (see link). I don't recall reading elsewhere about Rivers' background as one of the trans-identified men who targeted MichFest-- according to the article Dana Rivers "tried to strong-arm his way into the music festival".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82June 18, 2023 1:55 PM

That article is damning. It’s horrible what Rivers has gotten away with through the years. It’s disgusting that he’s being housed in a women’s prison.

by Anonymousreply 83June 18, 2023 3:17 PM

"I don't recall reading elsewhere about Rivers' background as one of the trans-identified men who targeted MichFest"

What a shock. JK, not shocking at all. Hell, the prosecutors wouldn't even touch it; they made up some b.s. motive about a "biker gang". But we DLers have been here all along, and we know exactly what the motive was.

by Anonymousreply 84June 18, 2023 3:19 PM

R82 When they shutdown MichFest was when I lost all patience for trannies.

by Anonymousreply 85June 18, 2023 3:23 PM

I've been avoiding this anger making story. So he's in women's prison? Of course he is. Thanks, Newsom. Your fucking contempt for women is evident, maybe your wife can back over another one in a golf cart. I hope some black lesbian fucks this dude up.

by Anonymousreply 86June 18, 2023 3:25 PM

Yes, r82, he was prominent in closing it down — he even vandalized MichFest. Of course it was a penis he spray painted on building there.

And the lesbian duo Indigo Girls took his side.

I hope they’re happy that their activism not only closed down MichFest…it also enabled this straight white man to murder two lesbians of color & their black son.

The activism of the Indigo Girls also enabled this misogynist murderer to be imprisoned with women.

The only reason the Indigo Girls achieved success was because of their lesbian audience. Autogynphiles didn’t buy their CDs & concert tickets.

They are dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 87June 18, 2023 3:45 PM

Yep, they're dead to me too R87. I couldn't believe it years ago when they backed this shit. I doubt they'd date a trans woman though.

by Anonymousreply 88June 18, 2023 3:55 PM

FWIW r86 he's 68 now and appears fragile. He got the chop in the year 2000. On the other hand, the murders were only 7 years ago, 2016, so just because he shows up at sentencing in a wheelchair doesn’t mean he's automatically harmless to female inmates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 21, 2023 12:23 AM

𝐅𝐮𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 ‘𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞’

Rivers had been in a county jail until the sentencing, but was sent to the Central California Women’s Facility in Chowchilla, a beneficiary of a California law which took effect in 2021, allowing prisoners to request that their gender identity decides where they are held.

Activists, however, told The Post that they believed Rivers’ crime had been a “hate crime against women,” making sending Rivers to an all-women’s prison potentially dangerous.

Rivers shot Charlotte Reed, 56, twice and stabbed her 40 times.

Rivers shot her wife, Patricia Wright, 57, in the back and left breast and stabbed her in the neck and shoulder, and fatally shot their 19-year-old son Benny, whom the couple had adopted from Africa.

After a neighbor heard gunshots and called the police, officers arrived at the home to find a blood-soaked Rivers, then 61, holding a can of gasoline, according to court papers.

Knives and ammo were found in her pockets, police said.

Rivers knew Reed from the all-female motorcycle club, the Deviants, of which both were members and where Rivers served as “enforcer.”

“There was something truly vile about the way this was carried out and his obvious hatred of her. My feeling from knowledge of the case is that he killed her because he couldn’t be her and he shouldn’t be in prison with other women.”

The activists blame, in part, California’s SB132, the “Transgender Respect, Agency and Dignity Act,” authored by State Sen. Scott Wiener, for enabling what they see as dangerous trans women to enter female-only prisons.

“I threw up when I heard that law,” Amie Ichikawa, 41, who runs Women II Women, a support group for ex female prisoners as well as those currently incarcerated. “It provides privileges…that no other prisoners in the state get.”

According to Ichikawa, inmates who were born biological females are scared of trans inmates. “They get very anxious when a [trans woman] gets processed in,” she said. “Even when they’re post-op, if they get mad they go right back to angry man mode.”

Ichikawa also claims that the Wiener bill allows trans women inmates to pick and choose where they are housed within women’s prisons, including choosing their own “bunkies” and cells.

Born David Warfield she was a suburban Sacramento teacher when she began hormone treatments and surgeries in 1999.

When she told school district officials about her plans, they placed her on administrative leave after a small group of parents complained and eventually fired her.

She sued and reached a $150,000 settlement which helped pay for her $50,000 sex reassignment surgery in 2000.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90June 27, 2023 3:14 AM

Isn't our patron saint, Betty Broderick in Chowchilla? How angry Betty will be to have another fuckhead in her midst.

by Anonymousreply 91June 27, 2023 8:13 AM

[quote] When she told school district officials about her plans, they placed her on administrative leave after a small group of parents complained and eventually fired her

They left out the part about the parents complained because he liked to talk about his transing in class to the students. The parents objected to that.

by Anonymousreply 92June 27, 2023 4:29 PM

Not only that, R92, but Rivers talked to his students about being raped and sodomized when he was a child.

by Anonymousreply 93June 27, 2023 5:57 PM

R45 Rivers was angry. But Rivers is also a psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 94June 27, 2023 6:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!