Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Study: Bisexual Population exploding in UK, especially amongst Gen Z

Similar to the United States. Across the population, more people (5 per cent) identify as bi than gay (3 per cent) or lesbian (1 per cent), which is a new development. Taken altogether, 7 per cent of the population identify as being attracted to more than one gender. The study also found that 2 per cent of the population identify as ace or asexual.

But what’s really striking about the data is the generational differences it shows: younger generations are less likely to identify as straight and Gen Z in particular is far queerer than its predecessors. Within Gen Z, only 71 per cent of people identify as straight (compared to 91 per cent of boomers) and 14 per cent identify as bi or pansexual (compared with only 2 per cent of boomers.) Interestingly, given how often you hear that lesbians are ‘going extinct’, Gen Z are more likely to identify as lesbians than Gen X-ers or Boomers. Another surprising figure is that more Gen Z people are identifying as asexual (5 per cent) than gay (2 per cent) or lesbian (3 per cent).

Looking at who Gen Z actually say they are attracted to – rather than just how they identify – provides even more notable results. Only 53 per cent of Gen Z consider themselves exclusively straight, and 40 per cent have patterns of attraction that could be described as queer. This suggests that as LGBTQ+ relationships and identities have become less hidden, more and more people are coming out.

Across history, sexual identities and behaviours have always changed in line with the prevailing social attitudes of the time, so this is nothing new. There is probably no fixed, innate percentage of the population who are LGTBQ+; these are things that can emerge in line with the environment around you. There are probably some boomers who haven’t been tortured by a life of closeted bisexuality, but might have had some fun experimenting with their sexuality if they’d grown up in a time when this was more permissible (obviously, plenty will have been doing it anyway, regardless of social censure). If more people now feel they have the freedom to deviate from a prescribed heterosexual norm, this is surely a sign of progress. Stonewall’s report also shows that there are no observable differences in sexual orientation across ethnicity, social class and education levels, which refutes the idea that “coming out as LGBTQ+ is in some way an affectation of the more privileged in society”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171December 3, 2022 2:19 PM

It’s called wanting to feel special.

by Anonymousreply 1October 7, 2022 7:31 PM

I love it. More hot, buff athletic dudes willing to be sucked off than ever. As long as you never say the word “gay,” they are down. Homiesexuality is hot!

by Anonymousreply 2October 7, 2022 7:33 PM

[quote]Only 53 per cent of Gen Z consider themselves exclusively straight, and 40 per cent have patterns of attraction that could be described as queer.

I guarantee you that most of the men who identify as queer will never suck a dick, and most of the women who identify as queer will only ever have male partners.

by Anonymousreply 3October 7, 2022 7:40 PM

As long as they will get sucked, most gay dudes are happy

by Anonymousreply 4October 7, 2022 7:42 PM

It’s all obese girls with green hair, no hot guys.

by Anonymousreply 5October 7, 2022 7:44 PM

I read once that pre-“homosexual”, it wasn’t crazy for guys to give each other blowjobs or handjobs.

I’m curious as to what sexuality was before sexual orientation was defined.

by Anonymousreply 6October 7, 2022 7:49 PM

Why? Are they swallowing bombs?

by Anonymousreply 7October 8, 2022 3:24 AM

^lol

by Anonymousreply 8October 8, 2022 10:40 AM

i need a pie chart.

by Anonymousreply 9October 8, 2022 10:44 AM

When every answer to a survey can be a lie, a fact, or a mistake. what does this study offer of value to anyone?

by Anonymousreply 10October 8, 2022 10:50 AM

I had to do about five clicks to get to the methodology. It’s from Ipsos an online marketing firm that pays responders but tries to get large representative samples. I’m not sure of the validity but I’m not condemning it either. I would like to hear from others on methodology. Did Stonewall commission the survey and if not who did.

by Anonymousreply 11October 8, 2022 10:57 AM

They're predominantly white kids trying to escape the woke cast system being currently installed into the west that stipulates whites are privileged evil doers even when they're working class or living in poverty.

by Anonymousreply 12October 8, 2022 11:01 AM

"cast"

Oh, dear...

by Anonymousreply 13October 8, 2022 11:10 AM

I'm getting sick of all this blather about sexuality altogether ... beginning to think that asexuality (and shutting up about it) is the sensible, peaceful alternative.

by Anonymousreply 14October 8, 2022 11:14 AM

[quote] It’s called wanting to feel special.

I remember just until twenty years ago, this was the statement from some straights towards gays and lesbians. It follows the assumption that being gay was a choice not something predetermined. So irritating when you hear this statement from within your own community.

by Anonymousreply 15October 8, 2022 11:29 AM

Our plan is working. We're taking over the world!

by Anonymousreply 16October 8, 2022 11:44 AM

Don't be stupid, kids have always been "bisexual" and exploring their sexuality. Teenagers would try anything, it doesn't have to have any meaning and in few years they will all be in hetero relationships. Plus, today it is fashionable to be pan, fluid, bi whatever, kids from middle class are afraid to be seen as dull and uninteresting if they admit being straight.

by Anonymousreply 17October 8, 2022 11:55 AM

Yeah call me in 10 years, let's see how many of them are still bi.

I have 0 problem with this btw, but people for years have been describing themselves prematurely as bi, and many ending up dating one specific gender, and I doubt that will change especially when its mostly high schools students the ones doing it now.

by Anonymousreply 18October 8, 2022 12:00 PM

Funny how the study doesnt clear up what people from what gender in Gen Z describe themselves as bi/queer...because I guarantee you 90% of them are girls.

by Anonymousreply 19October 8, 2022 12:07 PM

R18, I do agree with that. Teenagers go through "phases". But these surveys have been done for decades, and the numbers for identifying anything else but straight have been much lower then. The truth may be somewhere in the middle. More teenager now feel safe enough that they admit their proclivity in surveys. Lots of questioning teenagers probably didn't feel safe to admit this even in anonymous surveys (or to themselves) in the pst. But even if some of them swing back to a completely straight life style, some of them may not and remain bi or heteroflexible.

by Anonymousreply 20October 8, 2022 12:10 PM

I knew my sexuality in my teens. If a teen says they’re straight, it’s accepted. If they say they’re gay or bi, they’re told it’s a phase.

by Anonymousreply 21October 8, 2022 12:21 PM

The guy who wrote that is one of those insufferable London "queer" types.

by Anonymousreply 22October 8, 2022 12:23 PM

Aw, even the milk shake is in trans flag colours. No social contagion at all!

by Anonymousreply 23October 8, 2022 12:41 PM

R21 No, when they say they are gay it is usually serious, but bi is something, neither fish nor flash fashionable cover that mostly doesn't mesn anything.

by Anonymousreply 24October 8, 2022 12:58 PM

I love hot mostly straight and bi gymbros. Only really mess around with them

by Anonymousreply 25October 8, 2022 2:50 PM

This is really why the Don’t Say Gay Panic is so intense right now. Conservatives are freaking out over how many young people today identify as nonstraight or trans. They realize this has huge cultural and political implications

by Anonymousreply 26October 8, 2022 3:33 PM

The cultural implications: Yes, I get that one. It's a major shift. But it doesn't hurt anyone, so I can live with that implication.

In regard to political implications: It didn't have to go that way. They fabricated an issue just to have a controversy to fight over (a long time ago when homosexuality was made up a threat to society), and now they're losing it. How stupid.

by Anonymousreply 27October 8, 2022 3:48 PM

Men now think its socially acceptable to be bi, acceptable to come out as such.

They have no clue there were many previous rounds of bisexual chic, going back to the 1950s.

by Anonymousreply 28October 8, 2022 5:17 PM

Is it straight men turning bi?

Or gay men realizing they are truly BISEXUAL?

by Anonymousreply 29October 8, 2022 5:29 PM

r29 The amount of queeny bi guys now....Jesus. And I dont get it, its so weird. This theatre twink who has dated a man for 6 years makes it his whole personality. And yet seems no different to a gay man. There are pics of him being the only male bridesmaid for his fag hag, doing drag with the girls, being very intimate with girls in a way which if he was bisexual and wanting to fuck pussy, would be a red flag as his BF. Captions about 'loves of his life' with photos of girls - again, if you are seriously all about that pussy as much as cock, isnt that strange to be saying even in a joking way if you have a bf?

Its utterly bizarre, and twitter and instagram are full of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 9, 2022 2:19 AM

It's either R1 or there really is something in the water supply, environment making people more and more gay.

Personally I think it's evolution saying there's enough people, slow down. Here have some hormone disrupters by way of pollution. Hump your own sex. Maybe you'll be smarter and clean up.

by Anonymousreply 31October 9, 2022 2:23 AM

Who’s grooming’ who?

by Anonymousreply 32October 9, 2022 2:25 AM

Like seriously, I could fine so many like the guy in r30. I come across more guys who live very 'gay' lives and seem like any other gay men (including their interactions with women) who are adamant they are bi and make a fucking big deal about it than I do the other way round. This whole fantasy of 'masc bi bros' is hilarious when you actually look at them.

Have you seen the likes of who attend BI UK events? fey men, crossdressing trannies and butthurt activists whose whole purpose for being seems to be to spew anger at 'cis white gays' (while having a BF 99% of the time).

by Anonymousreply 33October 9, 2022 2:27 AM

Watch the NYC stories of r30. Like this guy, this guy loves pusy apparently - the self labeled 'carrie', the guy who cried at the mean girls musical. Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 34October 9, 2022 2:30 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 35October 9, 2022 3:35 AM

Lol, where did you even come across this guy, R30?

by Anonymousreply 36October 9, 2022 8:20 AM

r36 Scrolling twitter. Some bi guy was bitching about 'cis gays being evil for being vocal about not liking pussy as trans men are men uWu' and then just going down the rabbit hole of all these interconnected zoomed bisexuals. He is litterally just a random one of them, but struck me as the most 'wtf' if you are into women, some of these insta posts are odd..........

by Anonymousreply 37October 9, 2022 9:00 AM

*zoomer bisexuals

by Anonymousreply 38October 9, 2022 9:01 AM

Eh, I know some Zers and it's a lot of talk and self-labeling, but very little action. Lots of girls who think if they find another girl pretty that they must be bi. It's all very theoretical.

Props to any kid who actually gets out there and experiments.

by Anonymousreply 39October 9, 2022 9:14 AM

R39 even back in my day it was popular for girls to make out at a party to attract male attention. All these girls ended as nothing else than straight.

by Anonymousreply 40October 9, 2022 11:07 AM

Most bi people end up marrying the opposite sex. That’s okay. Stop taking it personally

by Anonymousreply 41October 9, 2022 12:28 PM

Bisexuals know gay is just a starter sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 42October 9, 2022 12:31 PM

It’s not “exploding”. It’s what it’s always been. Younger people are just more likely to admit and share. It’s the social media effect.

by Anonymousreply 43October 9, 2022 12:39 PM

[quote]Funny how the study doesnt clear up what people from what gender in Gen Z describe themselves as bi/queer...because I guarantee you 90% of them are girls.

All that needed to be said. Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 44October 9, 2022 12:44 PM

Survey should ask who they actually have sex with, not just who they are “attracted “ to.

by Anonymousreply 45October 9, 2022 1:22 PM

R41 You are a bit daft, ain't you? Cause in my post at R40 I made it understanble that the girls were making out at parties to catch the attention of men and to tease them and arouse them. When they remained alone they probably didn't touch each other anymore and would probably puke on taste of vagina. That doesn't make them bisexual really, you know.

by Anonymousreply 46October 9, 2022 1:39 PM

Bi now, gay later.

by Anonymousreply 47October 9, 2022 1:42 PM

A LOT of people are bi, which is nothing new. It’s becoming acceptable to admit to it, and soon it will become acceptable for people to actually act on it/hook up with people of the same sex. Not sure why everyone has trouble understanding this… just look around you, you can see it with your own eyes. Closeted bi people are EVERYWHERE. Your parents are very likely bi - especially your dad, the horny fucker. Most dads love cock it’s just a fact WAKE UP MORONS

by Anonymousreply 48October 9, 2022 1:59 PM

[quote] When they remained alone they probably didn't

'probably'. Per DL unwritten guidelines facts and data are only required for the other side.

by Anonymousreply 49October 9, 2022 2:08 PM

I have done my own personal study, one out of four men will let you blow them no matter thier sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 50October 9, 2022 2:15 PM

[quote] girls were making out at parties to catch the attention of men and to tease them and arouse them. When they remained alone they probably didn't touch each other anymore and would probably puke on taste of vagina.

Yeah...probably....🕊

by Anonymousreply 51October 9, 2022 2:15 PM

Girls are gay af in a very sexual way nowdays.Guys are catching up too but slower due to heavier stigma and homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 52October 9, 2022 2:27 PM

It’s wonderful because I’m only attracted to most straight, hereroflexible, fluid, and bi dudes. Previous generations didn’t have access to so many hot masculine bros who would let you suck them off, or even cuddle with you while watching football. Progress

by Anonymousreply 53October 9, 2022 2:32 PM

Only attracted to “mostly straight…”

by Anonymousreply 54October 9, 2022 2:40 PM

There's two ways to look at it (well, probably more, but I'm listing two), why people are being openly bi.

1. A lot of people have been various degrees of bi forever and more are finally starting to admit it in terms of what they do sexually in regards to relationships. It represents increasing comfort with being and societal acceptance of sexual minorities. Plus it acknowledges that a lot of people will have sex with both sexes.

2. It's a way to mute being gay or lesbian. So any claimed attraction to the opposite sex or sexual fumblings will garner a bi label, no matter how infrequent or how much time has passed.

by Anonymousreply 55October 9, 2022 2:53 PM

Please forgive the awful editing, or lack thereof.

by Anonymousreply 56October 9, 2022 3:02 PM

British Bi Boom

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57October 9, 2022 6:22 PM

The percentage of people who identify as gay remains similar across the generations, but 3 per cent of Generation Z were found to identify as lesbian – compared to less than 1 per cent of Baby Boomers and Generation X (43-56). Only 2 per cent of Baby Boomers surveyed identified as bi, compared to 14 per cent of Gen Z.

The survey noted the increase in people identifying as something other than straight could be a result of a society less hostile to LGBTQ+ people. This comes despite a growing number of anti-LGBTQ+ crimes in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 58October 9, 2022 6:23 PM

It's a fad, OP. Check back in 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 59October 9, 2022 6:28 PM

R59 is so tired

by Anonymousreply 60October 9, 2022 6:29 PM

[quote] 3 per cent of Generation Z were found to identify as lesbian – compared to less than 1 per cent of Baby Boomers and Generation X (43-56).

The reason for this is twofold--a) women have more legal freedom to reject or ignore or pass on men, and b) men these days ain't shit and have horrifying ideas about heterosexuality and women, thanks to p0rn, media warping, the Internet/inceldom, videogames, etc.

Hard to blame young women for opting out of acting as a maid/nurse/Mommy and wiping the ass of a live-in manbaby when they don't have to.

by Anonymousreply 61October 9, 2022 6:34 PM

The study also produced results which appear to show people are more inclined to shun traditional labels of sexuality.

Of the people surveyed, 66 per cent of people said they were exclusively attracted to the opposite sex. However, 84 per cent said they were straight when asked to identify their label.

When it came to bi or pansexual labels, 7 per cent placed themselves under those categories, but 19 per cent aligned themselves with bi or pan orientations, when the label was removed.

‘Diverse, inter-connected communities’

The report also found 1 per cent of people surveyed identified as a trans woman, trans man, non-binary or genderqueer/gender fluid.

Two in five people surveyed (39 per cent) said they have a personal friend or family member who is lesbian or gay, 22 per cent said they have one who is bi, and nine per cent have one who is trans.

by Anonymousreply 62October 9, 2022 6:37 PM

By Lucy Middleton LONDON, Oct 7 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - One in 10 members of Gen Z in Britain identifies as bisexual, a report from the country's leading LGBTQ+ rights charity has found, with more Britons now describing themselves as bi than gay or lesbian. Gen Z - aged between 16 and 26 - were five times more likely to describe themselves as bi than Baby Boomers aged between 56 and 75, found charity Stonewall, which said the data reflected greater acceptance of LGBTQ+ identities among younger people.

Art & Culture Reuters

by Anonymousreply 63October 9, 2022 6:39 PM

I'm with the poster who said to get back to us in a decade. I'll guarantee you those numbers will change.

Anyone who bitches about cisgender gay men and lesbians not being interested in, respectively, vaginas and penises is an ignorant asshole.

by Anonymousreply 64October 9, 2022 6:43 PM

And so is anyone who has problems with gay men who are mostly gay but open to experiences and relationships with women. Or who has problems with men who are homoerotic but Heteroromantic. Respect for diversity must be mutual

by Anonymousreply 65October 9, 2022 7:34 PM

R60 is so tedious.

by Anonymousreply 66October 9, 2022 9:45 PM

Some people (young women) will identify as bi if they are sexually attracted to men but also think women can be beautiful. There's a complete separation between sexual attraction and platonic attraction. It's really very strange and the antithesis of what bisexual has meant for all of human history until last year.

by Anonymousreply 67October 9, 2022 10:37 PM

Perhaps they're just honest, admitting to being attracted a bit to the same sex once in a while.

14% of the population being bisexual is sensible, it's very common but most are closeted. At least before gen Z.

by Anonymousreply 68October 9, 2022 10:45 PM

You’d think gay men would be more clued in to the hidden bicurious underground that has always existed, since it can very much be played to your advantage, but I guess most DLers are incels with no people skills

by Anonymousreply 69October 9, 2022 11:23 PM

Gen Z girls are SOOOOOOOO annoying with their fat mom jeans and fake queer sexuality!

by Anonymousreply 70October 9, 2022 11:26 PM

r10 next you'll be saying all those studies on sexism are just like this and western women aren't the most oppressed int he world.

by Anonymousreply 71October 9, 2022 11:26 PM

the 90s called, as did the 80s, 70s, 60s, 50s, 40s, 30s, 20s and so on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72October 9, 2022 11:29 PM

R69, the real world, most modern men seeking men are keenly aware of the legions of mostly straight, bicurious, Downlow, and fluid men who are out there, and they love it. For some reason, the elderly grouches on DL pretend that this is a new concept to them, or that it is problematic. They are angry at or in denial about this large segment of men seeking seeking for whatever reasons.

by Anonymousreply 73October 10, 2022 2:02 AM

No, the delusional ones are the ones here who think all these 'masc DL' bisexuals are calling themselves bi in surveys. The rise in 'bi' among men is almost entirely from fey guys who 10 years ago would have just said they were gay. Seriously, search the bi hashtag on twitter and take out the porn sluts are they are all 'gay' appearing men..........

You people are the ones living in delusion.

by Anonymousreply 74October 10, 2022 4:05 AM

So because they look gay they couldn’t possibly be bi? That’s flimsy as fuck R74. Bi guys look gay, to a degree. Are you disputing that? What do you think bi guys look like? Also, why are you trawling the bi hashtag on twitter in the first place…

by Anonymousreply 75October 10, 2022 5:22 AM

r75 Im simply popping the delusion bubble of a couple of guys here who say that bi men are somehow more 'masc' than gay men. And im interested in male bisexuality. I find it fascinating and trying to learn more about men who ID as bi. I watch YouTube videos of them, read sex research etc etc.

by Anonymousreply 76October 10, 2022 6:20 AM

This this guy who is a bi activist in the UK. His twitter is...interesting. full of 'hot takes', and weird stuff about 'overcoming HOCD' - obsessive homosexual thoughts....like what....also has gender issues and dysphoria (he/they), obsessed with dunking on gays and gets off saying things like 'I love talking about my female partner and then saying im LGBT and watching the confusion"........like its FASCINATING.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77October 10, 2022 6:31 AM

A tweet of his;

-Where are all the normal, every day bi+/mspec, kink-affirming, polyam, dom/sub, masc/fem, multi gender families who want a 6’8” genderflux demiboy neuro divergent hyper empath with PTSD who loves alone time but also cuddles? I mean, really? #stillsingle

by Anonymousreply 78October 10, 2022 6:32 AM

[quote]most modern men seeking men are keenly aware of the legions of mostly straight, bicurious, Downlow,

Honey, Downlow men are not mostly straight or bicurious, they are closeted gay or at least bi (without curiosity, cause they have already satisfied it). Bicurious are kids that are experimenting and mostly straight would be a guy who would let you suck him when he is pissed as shit.

by Anonymousreply 79October 10, 2022 7:00 AM

Bisexuals are daywalkers--not to be trusted.

by Anonymousreply 80October 10, 2022 12:03 PM

If that post at R78 is a real tweet from that account, then he should be sectioned.

by Anonymousreply 81October 10, 2022 12:09 PM

R81 he's being facetious. Also, is not particularly single so you need to try harder to discern such things. Also, I thought it was a funny line, although he is himself distasteful.

by Anonymousreply 82October 10, 2022 12:12 PM

My hunch tells me that the answer to these 'inconsistencies' lies within how you define what behaviors. Standard labels are simply no longer capable to state what's going on. Guys can kiss and snuggle up with each other, but have sex with women only. Does that make them bi or are they still just straight? Or are they simply just a bit more flexible, more than the standard labels allow? What if you become more open to MFM sex? Depending what you do in that threesome you may be gay, bi or simply stay completely straight.

Maybe Kinsey's scale needs to be fine tuned. A lot of behaviors have become acceptable without the label needing to change. Just try without the label, just state what feels right to you, see r62.

by Anonymousreply 83October 10, 2022 12:12 PM

R83 Snuggling is one thing, it doesn't have to be sexual. Friends snuggle. I snuggle with my dog all the time and I am not into bestiality. Kissing (mouth to mouth, with tongue) is one of the most sexual and arousing acts so, two guys kissing like this aren't just being friendly.

by Anonymousreply 84October 10, 2022 12:18 PM

I wouldn't know that he's single, R82, as I have better things to do than follow such Twitter accounts. I have too much, shall we say, discernment for that.

by Anonymousreply 85October 10, 2022 2:03 PM

R84, those are distinction that matter but aren't very clear. And perception changes. Snuggling with your best bro is not something a straight man in the US would do unless he identifies non-straight. That used to be different, and it may change again right now. It's pretty fluid. Current normative labels are not really catching these changes these days. Hence the discrepancies between behaviors and labels.

by Anonymousreply 86October 10, 2022 2:15 PM

Are you sure he's in the UK, r77?

by Anonymousreply 87October 10, 2022 3:00 PM

Of course social fashions are driving a lot of the rise in people who identify as bisexual.

Among gays, claiming to be bi rather than gay on dating apps will get you laid more, like the "straight" guys who post in men-seeking-men places because they know that claiming to have a wife and kids will be a turnon for some of the more desperate slags. And among middle-class young people, particularly college-aged, it's unfashionable to be white, cis, and straight, so there are young people who will claim to be bi just to be different.

it's a pity that all these young bi men aren't making out at parties to tease and interest both girls and boys, the waay girls make out to tease the straight boys, but then few girls will admit to being turned on by that... in public. It's a different story on the internet, where lots of girls are into Yaoi Manga or Slash Fiction, but I don't think that's carrying over into real life fuch.

by Anonymousreply 88October 10, 2022 7:41 PM

[quote] Pity that all these young bi men aren't making out at parties to tease and interest both girls and boys, the waay girls make out to tease the straight boys, but then few girls will admit to being turned on by that... in public. It's a different story on the internet, where lots of girls are into Yaoi Manga or Slash Fiction, but I don't think that's carrying over into real life.

Not a shock. Men rarely if ever consider let alone prioritise the actual sexual needs and wants of women. Most het/bi women have to train their men.

by Anonymousreply 89October 10, 2022 7:44 PM

‘Bisexual population’ is such a lovely way to term it. As if they live in cities all together.

by Anonymousreply 90October 11, 2022 2:49 AM

Looking at this guys instagram you would have no idea he is Bi. Seems like a leather/party gay. But he says so on his twitter and I found him under one of the gay pornstars going bi talking about how much he loves bi threesomes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91October 11, 2022 3:00 AM

Professed (though not practiced) bisexuality seems to be a thing with some holier-than-thou gays who think it would be misogynistic to exclude the majority of vagina-havers from their dating pool.

by Anonymousreply 92October 11, 2022 8:56 AM

I think for some youngsters, being bi is the new goth/emo - ie they think it makes them a bit alternative and different.

If they still say they're bi when they're older than 20 then I'd take them more seriously.

by Anonymousreply 93October 11, 2022 9:11 AM

Those "gay" men don't profess to be bisexual, r92. Instead, they say bullshit like "I don't care if a man is cis or trans, I'm attracted to masculinity and transmen are masculine and they're men".

by Anonymousreply 94October 11, 2022 12:28 PM

[quote] they say bullshit like "I don't care if a man is cis or trans, I'm attracted to masculinity.

Yet they won’t even deign to speak to or interact with a stone butch lesbian. Interesting, isn’t it?

by Anonymousreply 95October 11, 2022 12:52 PM

R94, that's different from the people being referred to/linked to at R77 and R91. What you're talking about sounds, to me, like people such as Davey Wavey who claim that they like pussy when it's attached to a "trans man" because trans men are supposedly men. What the posts I mention are talking about is fake bisexuality.

The group that you're talking about is bigger, I would imagine, because trans is fashionable and because some "trans men" can be attractive until they remove their clothes.

by Anonymousreply 96October 11, 2022 1:00 PM

Like it or not, the LGBTQIAHFSRGE is a thing of the past. The alphabetisation is s moribund concept for zoomers for whom sexuality and gender is fluid.

It's pretty exciting actually. Me, ill be gay till the day i die.

by Anonymousreply 97October 11, 2022 1:15 PM

R91 what is his Twitter?

by Anonymousreply 98October 11, 2022 5:22 PM

r98 Im not telling you, your posting history shows you are obsessed with and get off on 'gay' seeming men having sex with women. Go jack off elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 99October 11, 2022 11:28 PM

Well I for one take no issue with young Brit men publicly being cute and flirty with each other. Surely everyone wins in that situation?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100October 12, 2022 12:10 AM

That’s ok, Frau at r99. I’m already talking to him on Instagram.

Your gatekeeping failed.

by Anonymousreply 101October 12, 2022 12:29 AM

r101 your weird fetish is so strange. Also 'gatekeeping'? lol, go back to twitter you stupid fuck. Its always the same for bisexuals and their fan boys; denigrate gay men to live their little fantasy. It would be funny if it wasn't for the fact you shit up so many threads with your pathetic fetish.

by Anonymousreply 102October 12, 2022 1:01 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103October 13, 2022 3:39 AM

R47 deserves way more upvotes.

by Anonymousreply 104October 13, 2022 3:51 AM

r103 Lol, it didnt post what I wrote! Look I dont go to daily mail for politics, but its great for stories like that and celebrity stuff. WTF is up with DL just deleting what you write if you link to daily mail? Alway, the guy in the article is typical of 'bi' men. Gay sex in 20's/30's then suddenly leave it and want to marry a woman (he was 37) have kids, then divorce and go fully gay later in life.

by Anonymousreply 105October 13, 2022 3:55 AM

They also tend to be so 'holier than though'. This guy only came out at 35, I think he is about 40ish now. He quickly grabbed on to the 'LGBT rights' as a career grift and always shits on gays. He always mentions 'partner' but is with a woman and has recently had a baby with her. He always retweets trans stuff and was part of Stonewall and now head of 'LGBT youth charity'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106October 13, 2022 4:43 AM

Many straight people refer to their significant others as “partners.”

by Anonymousreply 107October 13, 2022 12:17 PM

I'm 38 and I work at a major university in Canada, and it's true that a lot of younger people now identify themselves as bi or queer. Honest to god 90% of them are straight and just want to seem "woke" and with it but will all end up in heterosexual marriages and unhappy. I actually pisses me off because basically it's basically str8s who want the "counter cultural credit" for seeming like they are part of the LGBT community, when they are in fact not and haven't had to deal with any of the hardships.

by Anonymousreply 108October 17, 2022 3:53 AM

^ Whose fault is that? It's not one-sided violent invasion. It's partly because of LG + Bs *currently* in same-sex relationships (aka ONLY those of us who DO face real hardships exactly due to the same-sex-attracted orientation) who have failed to see anything wrong or worse, enthusiastically embraced such B + Q (with only straight sex/relationships) as "valid".

For example, black people (or African Americans) are diverse and don't always think the same as one group but are not stupid enough to embrace *frauds* like Rachel Dolezal as their own, another black person. Allies, yes. But not part of that identity. That lunatic twitter person at r106 is the perfect example.

[quote] He quickly grabbed on to the 'LGBT rights' as a career grift and always shits on gays. He always mentions 'partner' but is with a woman and has recently had a baby with her.

I don't care what kind of bi this sick one is. Ex-bi? Will be back to same-sex-having bi side later? It's fine for a self-proclaimed bi man like him to have a HETEROSEXUAL partner now. As a private person. But he doesn't belong anywhere LGB rights because, what oppression he has now, with a HET partner and a child within that HET marriage or partnership? He's just like another het man in this regard. Shouldn't Bis representing LGB groups/rights should currently have same-sex partners?

by Anonymousreply 109October 17, 2022 4:25 AM

[quote]But he doesn't belong anywhere LGB rights because, what oppression he has now, with a HET partner and a child within that HET marriage or partnership?

That's what you get when it started being claimed as an 'identity' divorced from actual lived experience.

by Anonymousreply 110October 17, 2022 5:02 AM

[quote] it's true that a lot of younger people now identify themselves as bi or queer. Honest to god 90% of them are straight and just want to seem "woke"

A female friend said how she felt a bit uncomfortable writing heterosexual on Tinder profile and even considered writing pansexual, cause heterosexual sounds so bigot and retrograde. But she really is into dick exclusively, so didn't want to mislead anyone.

by Anonymousreply 111October 17, 2022 8:10 AM

I still can’t get over the headline. I’ll be cautious from now on and stay away from exploding bisexuals.

by Anonymousreply 112October 17, 2022 8:41 AM

r111 Gay version of this phenomenon exists too. I know some real gay men and lesbians (all their lives - not even gen z young - nothing but unashamedly only same-sex attracted) who have enthusiastically embraced the queer identity (instead of just gay which is what they are, I know them) for themselves since the last few years. All due to the similar reason, because anything "exclusionary, not inclusive", "excluding other marginalised ppl", "not embracing all", "sounding or being on the same side as bigots" etc is sooooo bad...

by Anonymousreply 113October 17, 2022 8:46 AM

And then there are many samesex attracted people who instinctively recoil at the “gay” label and Don’t want to identify as gay.

by Anonymousreply 114October 17, 2022 12:30 PM

What's even more stupid, r111, is that your friend felt obliged to write her sexuality on her Twitter profile. Social media has really driven a lot of this lunacy.

by Anonymousreply 115October 18, 2022 5:17 AM

Tinder, not Twitter, R115.

by Anonymousreply 116October 18, 2022 6:28 AM

Are you an Original?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117October 18, 2022 11:02 AM

Yes, this is the typical British bisexual male. Lmao. bi men are a joke

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118October 21, 2022 4:52 AM

Bisexuals double their chances of having a date on Saturday night.

---Woody Allen

by Anonymousreply 119October 21, 2022 5:00 AM

A man with a wife and girlfriend who still looks for pussy online is soooo hard done by! He has so many tweet passive-aggressively shitting on gay men for not getting acceptance! Why are British Bi men on twitter so fucking annoying? He has the nerve to complain about gay men not accepting him or trans people! wah!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120October 28, 2022 7:44 PM

Gen Z are still too young to judge anything. It's like saying, "Children prefer candy for dinner!" Who cares? They'll grow out of it once the cult movement dies down. They'll all be straight parents by the time they're 35.

by Anonymousreply 121October 28, 2022 7:49 PM

r121 Doesn't seem to stop them thinking they are a hard done by oppressed class by the gays like the guy above!

by Anonymousreply 122October 28, 2022 8:01 PM

R121 👍

by Anonymousreply 123October 28, 2022 10:15 PM

R53 just set off such a pang of longing in my heart. All I want in life is somebody to snuggle with while we watch football and I absolutely do not care what sex they are. They just have to never cast doubt on fhe excellence of Patrick Mahomes. I will like Jimmy G with them and we will hate Rodgers together and eat chili or pizza every Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 124October 28, 2022 11:32 PM

r124 and we care about a self confessed asexual bi/but doesnt ID as bi, woman here because? Not of bi/asexual/queer women seem to have a weird preoccupation with gay men and our lives.....

by Anonymousreply 125October 29, 2022 2:39 AM

I can’t think of a reason for you to care, R125. If I were you I’d just block me and move on.

by Anonymousreply 126October 29, 2022 2:51 AM

Boys and men are far less likely to lie about this for attention. Any man who admits to wanting to touch another man is socially ostracized. There's no privilege for openly bisexual men.

by Anonymousreply 127October 29, 2022 2:57 AM

There are currently many millions of openly bi, mostly straight, and gay men who are not socially ostracized. You sound mentally deficient r127.

by Anonymousreply 128October 29, 2022 4:34 AM

Gen Z is DESPERATE for attention. I guess their parents never gave them any?!

by Anonymousreply 129October 29, 2022 4:39 AM

I love Gen Z!

by Anonymousreply 130October 29, 2022 9:25 AM

Who doesn't like their smooth skin and firm muscles and their youthful glow, R130

by Anonymousreply 131October 29, 2022 9:34 AM

Many certainly do have a strange preoccupation, R125. There have been a number of threads very specifically about gay male sex - about first time having anal sex, body count, etc. - where I would notice some posts written in a strange and sort of prurient tone.

Ignoredar showed that they had all been written by the same person, who admitted elsewhere to being a woman who has never even had sex.

by Anonymousreply 132October 29, 2022 9:34 AM

Oh, I think it is a British girlie who writes gay fanfic about straight football player Grealish and his teammmates.

by Anonymousreply 133October 29, 2022 9:39 AM

Real football, or soccer?

by Anonymousreply 134October 29, 2022 9:48 AM

I work on an immediate team with four Gen Zs (early 20s) and one very young Gen Y (age 26, born in late 1996). Of these colleagues, three (two men, one woman) identify as some form of bi/queer, one identified as lesbian/queer, and One identifies as straight. The lesbian dates female-bodied people only, although many are gender nonconforming and use other pronouns. The young Gen Y man is married to a woman. The bi/queer woman only wants relationships and romance with a man and occasionally hooks up with women. The young bi guy I've only seen go for women. So other than the lesbian, most of these people come off as straight in their behaviour.

I'm a very old millennial in my late 30s, and I knew many bisexual women who hooked up with but never dated women, then settled down with men. This new generation isn't too different, there's just more men getting into it and most people identifying as different genders.

by Anonymousreply 135October 29, 2022 9:51 AM

PS - meant to add, I live in the UK

by Anonymousreply 136October 29, 2022 9:53 AM

R135, I like that! More hot masculine dudes available

by Anonymousreply 137October 29, 2022 9:57 AM

At least situationally

by Anonymousreply 138October 29, 2022 9:57 AM

R135. That's actually pretty heartwarming. People becoming completely comfortable with having hookups with people they want to hookup with. Much better than getting browbeaten by a society which feels its their place to tell people who to have sex with.

The labels don't bother me. I just find it admirable that we're normalizing that sort of freedom of sexual expression. There will always be a swath of the population (probably the largest part really) who hookup with both men and women, even if they do end up settling for the opposite gender. I find that really encouraging.

by Anonymousreply 139October 29, 2022 9:59 AM

R139 No, the largest part of population is heterosexual. They might have same sex sex experiments while very young, but nothing more than that.

by Anonymousreply 140October 29, 2022 10:03 AM

R140. You're probably right, it's just interesting to think about. I could definitely see a world where the majority of people are bicurious even if 80% of the population largely end up in heterosexual marriages with children and all that.

I mean it's not like anything's lost by having same-sex hookups.

by Anonymousreply 141October 29, 2022 10:08 AM

If by very young, you mean 20s and 30s, yes. And that’s what I’m enjoying!

by Anonymousreply 142October 29, 2022 10:43 AM

No, I mean teenager years for guys and early 20s for girls R142

by Anonymousreply 143October 29, 2022 2:36 PM

I don’t know about those ages. I vibe with grown dudes

by Anonymousreply 144October 29, 2022 3:44 PM

Social contagion. A vast majority of these kids spend their time online and in social spaces where being bisexual/pansexual/trans/nonbinary is the new goth. It's a label that gives loner kids a sense of community. Check the same ones in 10 years from now, most will be het-partnered and back to identifying as cis. I don't claim community with these kids.

by Anonymousreply 145October 29, 2022 3:51 PM

R145 Again. This only applies to girls. Boys are not identifying as bi, gay or queer for a trend. Especially given how homophobic parents and other teenage boys still are. Girls can identify as any of the alphabet soup and drop it once they grow up. Guys will have that stigma attached.

by Anonymousreply 146October 29, 2022 4:03 PM

Fight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147November 6, 2022 1:36 PM

The real crime is that so many of these people yelling about nothing will go on to crank out more wage slaves to feed the never-satisfied capitalist machine. No matter who’s fucking whom in the bed, humanity will continue to be fucked by it’s own greed.

by Anonymousreply 148November 6, 2022 2:23 PM

Kissing for Follwers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149November 6, 2022 2:41 PM

High school

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150November 12, 2022 1:32 AM

Cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151November 12, 2022 1:34 AM

There is an ENORMOUS difference between claiming you're bisexual and having actually had sex with multiple partners of both sexes.

Especially if you're a dude, if you haven't had sex with with at least twice as many men as women, given how easy it is for men to hookup with men and how difficult it is to get women to hookup, I'd call bullshit on the whole "bisexual" claim.

Just saying you're bisexual doesn't make you so. And no, a quick makeout session, even with tongues, does NOT make you bi.

by Anonymousreply 152November 12, 2022 1:39 AM

We’re going to need more green velvet couches.

by Anonymousreply 153November 12, 2022 1:51 AM

My type of bisexual is homiesexual

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154November 12, 2022 1:56 AM

You can guarantee most of them will be married with children in hetero relationships by the time they are in their30s.

by Anonymousreply 155November 12, 2022 2:07 AM

So? Why is that a big deal to DL older gays?

by Anonymousreply 156November 12, 2022 2:24 AM

[quote]So? Why is that a big deal to DL older gays?

Making this sort of claim is just laughable. Rather than making you edgy, it screams needy. It combines the worst aspects of being a poser and narcissist desperate for attention. It's immature virtue signaling.

Also, there is the faintest effluvia of coattail riding - it jumps on the backs of many real people who struggled and were often abused physically and emotionally. It's a desperate cry for both pity for how difficult their lives have been and applause for the "strength" it took to "live their truth" and "be honest with the world and themselves."

Finally, it's just dishonest. Stop lying to make yourself special.

by Anonymousreply 157November 12, 2022 2:41 PM

Well put, R157.

by Anonymousreply 158November 12, 2022 4:40 PM

You being butthurt about it won’t change a thing

by Anonymousreply 159November 12, 2022 4:45 PM

R159 Nobody is butthurt but you. It is just that mature people know that every generation of young people have their own fashion and find a way to feel unique and particular, but in the end, when people grow up, start to work, get married, start a family, get mortgage, they all end being the same old conformists. It happened with beatniks, flower power children, students of 68, young maoists, punkers, ravers and God knows who else. The same will happen with Gen Z "bisexuals"

In fact while masses of far left students were protesting in Paris in 68, they were supported by most influential French intellectual of that time, but an old and wise philosopher shouted at them: Go home, in ten years you will be bankers and clerks. He was ore than right. Not only that these students from most prestigious French universities became pillar of society, but their generation became the worse neoliberal exploiters and destroyers of welfare state. They became much worse than people they protested against.

by Anonymousreply 160November 12, 2022 5:14 PM

I’m cool with that.

by Anonymousreply 161November 12, 2022 5:42 PM

A veces

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162November 14, 2022 2:25 PM

"They became much worse than people they protested against."

"I’m cool with that."

Wow.

by Anonymousreply 163November 14, 2022 2:28 PM

Lowkey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164November 21, 2022 3:52 PM

But never call them gay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165November 21, 2022 3:57 PM

Neel Harry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166November 25, 2022 1:14 AM

[quote]r6 I read once that pre-“homosexual”, it wasn’t crazy for guys to give each other blowjobs or handjobs.

Was that in The Retards’ Weekly Gazette?

by Anonymousreply 167November 25, 2022 2:11 AM

MFM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168November 27, 2022 3:13 AM

Bi with girlfriend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169December 3, 2022 3:12 AM

eyeroll

by Anonymousreply 170December 3, 2022 3:20 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 171December 3, 2022 2:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!