Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Things About Gay Life You Don't Identify With

WTF are these stupid harnesses about? They don't look good. They don't seem to have a purpose. Is it for tops to hold onto when they're doing you doggy style?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398August 7, 2023 3:33 AM

They are pretty silly. I think it's some kind of fetish, BDSM thing.

by Anonymousreply 1October 3, 2022 3:06 AM

Extreme politics-hard left or hard right, seems that’s where most gay men fall politically.

by Anonymousreply 2October 3, 2022 3:08 AM

Just as a lark, i once posted a pic of me in a harness on a hookup site. The hits i got went through the roof.

by Anonymousreply 3October 3, 2022 3:10 AM

i get bdsm but not the need to wear the harness in every public gay space. At Pride or bars or music festivals or camping grounds or even gay beaches. i don't get the appeal of bathhouses. poppers me sick. i don't get throuples. i like drag queens but in limited amounts. i don't get puppy play/masks.

by Anonymousreply 4October 3, 2022 3:11 AM

You don't got a lot R4.

by Anonymousreply 5October 3, 2022 3:12 AM

Fisting is grotesque. I know many gay men are into it, but I don't want my entire fist in someone's ass and certainly don't want one in mine. It sounds like it's excruciatingly painful and very dangerous as well.

by Anonymousreply 6October 3, 2022 3:13 AM

Gay men kissing their male friends on the lips when they randomly run into each other at Starbucks.

Ew.

We know where those lips have been.

by Anonymousreply 7October 3, 2022 3:14 AM

I'm not a huge fan of drag queens. They all look the same to me and don't really do anything besides lip sync to songs made by other people. Every time someone brings me to a drag show I'm always bored out of my mind and think "Is it time to go home yet?"

by Anonymousreply 8October 3, 2022 3:15 AM

I don't give a shit about Broadway musicals.

by Anonymousreply 9October 3, 2022 3:30 AM

All my gay friends are obsessed with Real Housewives. I don't care about these rich women with too much time on their hands screaming at each other over some trivial nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 10October 3, 2022 3:48 AM

The obsession with vaginas. That said, i love a bottom who moans Fuck my pussy when I'm pounding his ass

by Anonymousreply 11October 3, 2022 4:22 AM

Dance music

by Anonymousreply 12October 3, 2022 5:51 AM

Rose, they're to attach to leashes when their mothers bring them into grocery stores so they don't wander away.

by Anonymousreply 13October 3, 2022 6:05 AM

The need to make one's sexual orientation the center of one's existence. While it colors other facets of my own life, it's only one part of who I am.

I mean, I'm pretty fucking gay...I'm a costume designer for God's sake. But I still get up to lots of other things that have nothing to do with the fact that I'm gay.

Perhaps it has to do with maturity...but I've seen men and women of all ages behave that way.

by Anonymousreply 14October 3, 2022 6:28 AM

Supporting the extreme far left no matter how insane the issue at hand may be. Just because we are liberal doesn’t mean that we have to go along with everything.

by Anonymousreply 15October 3, 2022 6:31 AM

AbFab is boring to me

by Anonymousreply 16October 3, 2022 6:35 AM

R6 I really don’t think THAT many gay men are into fisting. I’ve played around with many gay men over the years and I’ve never met one who was into that. It’s a niche fetish, and it’s not a “gay” thing. Some straight people are into that. Hell, there are straight perverts who go to a dominatrix for that.

by Anonymousreply 17October 3, 2022 6:39 AM

Having sex with men. I don’t want anyone up my ass or to put my dick up a dirty asshole. Everything else about being gay is great!

by Anonymousreply 18October 3, 2022 6:42 AM

[quote]Gay men kissing their male friends on the lips when they randomly run into each other at Starbucks.

According to early interviews with those afflicted, that was the #1 route of transmission for monkeypox. Every one of them bumped into an old friend on the street, and after a friendly kiss and a quick hug, they were covered in lesions below the belt. Gravity is a real bitch.

by Anonymousreply 19October 3, 2022 6:47 AM

Super short short and tank tops. Tacky as hell.

by Anonymousreply 20October 3, 2022 11:07 AM

R6 was getting double-fisted as he was typing that...

by Anonymousreply 21October 3, 2022 11:17 AM

"Super short short and tank tops. Tacky as hell."

Fuck off, bitch!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 22October 3, 2022 11:20 AM

Earrings

Caftans

by Anonymousreply 23October 3, 2022 11:45 AM

It seems to be a thing with mostly young gays, but I don't think painted nails look right on a guy unless you're a Goth with black nail polish.

by Anonymousreply 24October 3, 2022 11:47 AM

Datalounge

by Anonymousreply 25October 3, 2022 11:50 AM

R24 I like dark nail polish on guys pretty much no matter how they dress. I just generally don't like bright colors or pastel polish

by Anonymousreply 26October 3, 2022 11:51 AM

Slutty underwear like thongs for daily wear.

by Anonymousreply 27October 3, 2022 12:05 PM

Cock piercings and having lots of tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 28October 3, 2022 1:01 PM

Promiscuity.

by Anonymousreply 29October 3, 2022 1:06 PM

Extreme sex. I'm all for kink and fetish but if you have to have 50 anonymous loads in you in order to cum you need a therapist. And Valtrex. Whore.

by Anonymousreply 30October 3, 2022 1:07 PM

I have no interest in Drag, Theatre, BDSM, anything kinky or violent, clubs, "going to P-Town", parades-- Its fucked- I don't feel an affinity for any of it. And I am not proud of that. I had one gay friend about 20 years ago. (43)

I did watch 2 soap operas growing up and dig men's fashion and follow around 10 designers. I particularly like Japanese designers. That's the extent of it. I do dig some female artists that gay men like- Kate Bush, Tori, Joni.

Cannot stand Madonna, Janet, or Mariah. I do like Lady Gaga. Not love, but I like her.

by Anonymousreply 31October 3, 2022 1:46 PM

Pigs

by Anonymousreply 32October 3, 2022 1:55 PM

[quote] The obsession with vaginas.

Where is that any part of gay life, R11?

by Anonymousreply 33October 3, 2022 2:16 PM

Presenting hole on sex apps as a conversation started.

The ones that are most eager to share are always the ones with the most messed up beef curtains.

by Anonymousreply 34October 3, 2022 7:26 PM

Wanting huge jumbo sized cocks. Average is fine with me.

by Anonymousreply 35October 3, 2022 7:33 PM

Drag and the support of violently misogynistic white autogynephiles.

by Anonymousreply 36October 3, 2022 7:37 PM

Agreed, R35. I don't get size queens.

by Anonymousreply 37October 3, 2022 7:49 PM

The summer uniform. A loudly-colored tank top with short shorts.

I do have a basic white gay haircut, though, so I can't rag too much on the whole ensemble.

Giving tacit acceptance of "LGBTQ+" or trans issues. I strongly buck the grain on that. You won't see me touch or carry one of those ugly fucking flags.

by Anonymousreply 38October 3, 2022 8:09 PM

R38 - I refuse to wear any "gay" clothes or accessories that have the pride colors or slogans on it. Everyone knows I'm a huge fag when I open my mouth, I don't need my clothes to do the work for me in that regard.

by Anonymousreply 39October 3, 2022 8:13 PM

Good for you r39

by Anonymousreply 40October 3, 2022 8:14 PM

Guys with BIG builds or any build at all.

Growing up I didn’t think about , daydream or fantasize about muscular guys.

I don’t understand this relentless worship of muscles 💪.

I’m only attracted to slim guys with natural bodies.

by Anonymousreply 41October 3, 2022 8:45 PM

Gays who insist their cats only use Pretty Litter.

by Anonymousreply 42October 3, 2022 8:48 PM

Most things.

by Anonymousreply 43October 3, 2022 9:39 PM

Fag hags.

by Anonymousreply 44October 3, 2022 9:54 PM

Calling men “Gurl” and using “she” & “her” instead of “him” & “his”.

by Anonymousreply 45October 3, 2022 10:35 PM

I don't get the appeal of drag queens. Personally I'm not attracted to men who express themselves by dressing as a woman and I don't find drag queens or drag shows entertaining. Drag has become so mainstream, it's not surprising that so many straight people associate drag with "being gay". (If you're gay, you must enjoying dressing up like a woman!)

On the flip side, I don't get the whole leather scene either. It's just another form of drag.

And I don't understand why so many gay men are attracted to loud, brash female characters. Example: Bea Arthur is about every role she ever played.

by Anonymousreply 46October 3, 2022 10:35 PM

the frau'ish attitudes in this era

by Anonymousreply 47October 3, 2022 10:37 PM

r33 the world according to political fauxbians.... which, in turn, generated a clapback and has been a battle ever since.

by Anonymousreply 48October 3, 2022 10:39 PM

[quote] Presenting hole on sex apps as a conversation started.

One never gets a second chance to make a first impression.

by Anonymousreply 49October 3, 2022 10:42 PM

r49 Nah, most people are forgettable.

by Anonymousreply 50October 3, 2022 10:43 PM

the prevalence of alcohol and party drugs in most scenes

by Anonymousreply 51October 3, 2022 10:45 PM

Hyper sexuality

by Anonymousreply 52October 3, 2022 11:19 PM

I've never understood the extreme focus on certain actresses, female singers or celebrities of any generation, so going on and on about people like Judy, Marilyn, Cher, Liza, Madonna, Whitney, Janet, Princess Diana, etc. etc. etc. has never registered.

by Anonymousreply 53October 3, 2022 11:20 PM

The Oscars obsession. I don’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 54October 3, 2022 11:23 PM

Rimming and salad tossing.

by Anonymousreply 55October 3, 2022 11:28 PM

R54 The Tony Awards are worse. Talk about GAY!

by Anonymousreply 56October 3, 2022 11:30 PM

God some people are clueless.

by Anonymousreply 57October 3, 2022 11:34 PM

R55 it’s one in the same

by Anonymousreply 58October 3, 2022 11:35 PM

Oh look! I found the Maiden Aunt Monday tea.

by Anonymousreply 59October 3, 2022 11:36 PM

Huge group outings and taking my shirt off at a nightclub.

Some gay things are so monkey see-monkey do.

by Anonymousreply 60October 3, 2022 11:36 PM

Many of the things described in this thread are related to sex or sexual obsession or a sex-centric life. I don't identify with that. I love sex, but I also think it has its place. I don't understand building your whole life around sex, and I don't think a so-called community built around the single shared fact that you like to have sex with other men is much of a community.

I guess ... I don't identify with the "gay community", whatever that is. Most of the community characteristics seem ridiculous, trivial or sad.

by Anonymousreply 61October 3, 2022 11:42 PM

R26, can you explain why you like them, or is it one of those indefinable things? To me, painted nails are feminine, period. Actually, it’s not just feminine, it’s trans, like wearing makeup. I feel like it has become a thing for young men who want to look gender-ambiguous, but I don’t like gender ambiguity.

But, anyway, that’s just me. I’m curious if you can explain what’s appealing about men with painted nails, even if they’re painted very dark red, blue, etc.

by Anonymousreply 62October 3, 2022 11:43 PM

Harshly judging others in the community like the quips are being tallied.

Gay people have all been picked on. Let's not do it to each other.

by Anonymousreply 63October 3, 2022 11:44 PM

I'm not the original nail polish poster. I do agree that dark colors (black, charcoal, navy) are just more modern on anybody, male or female.

by Anonymousreply 64October 3, 2022 11:49 PM

Broadway musicals have already been mentioned, I’ll mention them again. I am open minded though. I was cringing during the performance of cats on Broadway in NYC in the late 80s. I was thinking about the effort of all the people involved and just tried to keep smiling

by Anonymousreply 65October 3, 2022 11:53 PM

Living in gay ghettos. I was in WeHo for 2 years and hated it. I don't want to be cruised grocery shopping.

by Anonymousreply 66October 4, 2022 12:05 AM

Jockstraps. They are just too uniform-like. Ubiquitous. I think they're really boring. I'd rather see a guy either naked or in underwear.

by Anonymousreply 67October 4, 2022 12:11 AM

Cock rings.

by Anonymousreply 68October 4, 2022 12:12 AM

Sex with men. Ghastly, vulgar, animalistic, self-destructive, disease spreading.

by Anonymousreply 69October 4, 2022 12:21 AM

When the man goes up in the man.

by Anonymousreply 70October 4, 2022 12:22 AM

Indulding in a harmless little fetish = appalling and tacky and beyond boner killing!!! I would NEVER.

by Anonymousreply 71October 4, 2022 12:23 AM

Indulging

by Anonymousreply 72October 4, 2022 12:23 AM

Prince Alberts

by Anonymousreply 73October 4, 2022 12:28 AM

GETTING ALL GUSSIED UP IN THAT FANCY DESIGNER STUFF. HAIR SALONS AND ELECTROLUXING THE BODY HAIR. GOD GAME ME THAT HAIR AND I AINT ASHAMED. AND THOSE NANCY FELLAS WHO POUR HOT WAX AROUND THE NADS AND RIP OUT ALL THE HAIR AND PUT CLOROX ON THEIR HEINY HOLES. ITS A HOLE NOT YOUR PUCKER LIPS FOR KISSING, BOYS! DON'T GET ME STARTED ON FROGGY FOOD THE FANCY BOYS EAT LIKE THAT KISH AND RUCKALA.

by Anonymousreply 74October 4, 2022 12:32 AM

R64, thank you. I understand that darker colors are more fashionable on women right now (although a truly stylish woman will only wear colors that look on her, regardless of fashion).

My question, though, is why someone would find men wearing nail polish of any color - dark or light, modern or outdated -attractive when it's a historically feminine practice in the sense that it's something we associate with women, like wearing makeup or dresses.

I understand that some people DO like it, which is their right. I'm just trying to understand what's attractive about it. I know why I don't like it ... so I'm interested in while people feel the opposite way.

by Anonymousreply 75October 4, 2022 12:37 AM

R74 ... finally someone who gets it!

R73, Prince Alberts are not limited to gay men. Neither are cock rings, for that matter. We may have started the fad, but the straight guys have taken it up with a vengeance.

by Anonymousreply 76October 4, 2022 12:39 AM

R75 OMFG would you shut your yammering clam. "I'm just trying to understand why people like...." For chrissakes for a gatekeeper on masculine sartorial choices and grooming, you type like Queen MARY!

by Anonymousreply 77October 4, 2022 12:41 AM

[quote] I don't get the appeal of drag queens.

They are the same as clowns to me--both are scary. Just look at them!

by Anonymousreply 78October 4, 2022 12:48 AM

R45- I have one thing to say-

You go GURL!

by Anonymousreply 79October 4, 2022 1:19 AM

[quote] Gay people have all been picked on. Let's not do it to each other.

this namby pamby attitude along with the all gays must be effeminate, squealing, yaassssss kweens that crossdress and rid themselves of all things deemed toxic. Or really "all" of anything, just this notion we must all fit in a confined box and be the representation for the entire community, becausee, alas, we carry that burden upon our shoulders because we might be the first faggot that somebody meets.

And everybody has a different perspective on what the ideal representation should be.

I think the headache comes that with every subculture, every niche, every circlejerk of gay you can engage in... it often feels like an extreme.

I'd say I'm into moderation in all things but I wouldn't want to hang in most moderate cliques because it's usually the buddhist wankoff types pretending they're monk or enlightened hot sauna naked yogis that literally live with their heads up their derrieres. . .

but I guess it's true of any demographic. All the individualists end up looking and sounding the same, too. Everyone becomes a flanderized caricature the longer they stay in any one scene. But even the most introverted among us are still tribalistic creatures with a need for community or at least the occasional support and resources of one.

Yet this uniform gets restrictive... you become avoidant when you don't want to have to watch every word, every step, you just want to be able to breathe without the poppers or maybe with.

Or break into a stream of incoherent thought that causes outrage in random strangers as you run naked down the street covered in lime green jello shouting "Soylent Green is People" onto the night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80October 4, 2022 3:14 AM

I do not identify with the reality that there are now at least a half dozen active threads on Billy Eichner and that fucking Bros film.

by Anonymousreply 81October 4, 2022 3:18 AM

The obsession with female pop stars. I followed a bunch of gay guys on Twitter and ended up unfollowing most of them because they kept filling up my feed with songs and news of these women.

by Anonymousreply 82October 4, 2022 3:25 AM

R82, tell me about it. I'm sick of the "stan" culture that seems to permeate everything now. The worst fans these days are Beyonce and Swift fans. No competition.

by Anonymousreply 83October 4, 2022 3:28 AM

the sporty bi/lesbian

truck driving bi/lesbian

dog loving bi/lesbian

Vegan member of PETA bi/lesbian

.... that's not me

by Anonymousreply 84October 4, 2022 4:00 AM

R8- Do you know who loves Drag Queens most of all?

FRAUS

by Anonymousreply 85October 4, 2022 4:20 AM

[quote]this namby pamby attitude

Is it namby-pamby, or is it maybe just idealistic? I agree with that poster, in that I wish we were more empathetic with each other. Though I think in general we are, it's just the nastier side of gay men that you sometimes see in nightlife scenarios. I've had gay men be out of the blue nasty to me in the most baffling ways sometimes. I had a terrible high school experience and the arrested development of some gay men I've met has stung worse than those years. I get that "hurt people hurt people", but I always hope I at least don't make others feel that way.

(Incidentally, I've had several occasions where guys are nasty and it turns out they want to fuck - speaking of arrested development, it's very "pulling the pigtails of the girl you like in school" type behaviour.)

I get it though, because at the end of the day it'd be like expecting all straight men to get along. We're just men, no different than them except we want to fuck each other rather than women.

by Anonymousreply 86October 4, 2022 6:43 AM

Teen girl culture. Like when men way out of their teens and twenties breathlessly discuss stuff like Emily in Paris. Why would you be proud of watching that?

by Anonymousreply 87October 4, 2022 7:14 AM

I'm sitting here trying to think how to invert it... things about gay life I do identify with and I'm kinda stumped other than that feeling you're among your own, whether or not you fit in or the crowd allows you to fit in (examples above), but I do love that ease when I am surrounded just by a bunch of gay men who do want to get along. Anybody else?

by Anonymousreply 88October 4, 2022 1:43 PM

It's a failed attempt to make fey chaps look masculine. It only makes them look clownish.

by Anonymousreply 89October 4, 2022 1:49 PM

The near complete focus on sex, and the need to pick a type and become it to fit in.

by Anonymousreply 90October 4, 2022 2:50 PM

The hilarity of deploying MF on DL.

by Anonymousreply 91October 4, 2022 3:17 PM

Wow you guys seem like you'd be real fun at parties.

by Anonymousreply 92October 4, 2022 3:48 PM

You really think the stereotypical gays being talked about in this thread are having fun R92? They seem unhappy and exhausting to me, but maybe the clownish, attention seeking "JOY" they exude is genuine. I have my doubts.

by Anonymousreply 93October 4, 2022 4:39 PM

I'm sorry, I don't get the aversion to harnesses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94October 4, 2022 4:53 PM

He'd look even better without the silly thing on, r94.

by Anonymousreply 95October 4, 2022 5:03 PM

Look to the left, R94. All harnesses are not created equal, yet many harnesses are too much the same.

by Anonymousreply 96October 4, 2022 5:05 PM

R96 The guy on the left is asking, “Does this harness make me look fat?

by Anonymousreply 97October 4, 2022 8:29 PM

Musicals are terrible. All of them. Opera is boring.

by Anonymousreply 98October 4, 2022 8:45 PM

Musical Theatre is shrill, exhausting, and relentless.

by Anonymousreply 99October 4, 2022 8:59 PM

what a negative Nellie thread

bad energy all around

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100October 4, 2022 9:12 PM

No drag. No Bey, No more AHS, no poppers, no prep, no Bros movie, none!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 101October 4, 2022 9:13 PM

I don’t understand why the gay community as a whole puts porn stars (and these days OnlyFans guys) on a pedestal. I get that we all need to jerk off, but can we just admit that taking a picture of your asshole spread open and posting it on Twitter is not a talent? Most of the guys who do this have an IQ of about 65, and if they weren’t doing this they’d be working some minimum wage job.

by Anonymousreply 102October 4, 2022 9:25 PM

R102 intelligence ain’t all that.

by Anonymousreply 103October 4, 2022 9:31 PM

You’re right R103. All that time I wasted in grad school, and I still can’t make my ass cheeks wiggle like that.

by Anonymousreply 104October 4, 2022 9:44 PM

[quote]can we just admit that taking a picture of your asshole spread open and posting it on Twitter is not a talent?

The balancing skills alone are not to be dismissed.

by Anonymousreply 105October 4, 2022 9:48 PM

Promiscuity. & the idea that no gay person wants a straight life because we are wired differently. I’m a real romantic, I grew up watching romcoms & reading romance novels. I wanted to fall in love & have a family somehow. I did, I’m happily married & have adopted children. We are proud members of the community, actively involved in pride & local pride, a big part of our identity is that we are gay. But day to day, we pay out bills, work, do the school run, be a taxi service to our kids, walk our dog. Boring but ultimately very happy.

by Anonymousreply 106October 4, 2022 9:52 PM

I do love me a good drag act — emphasis on "good".

As for the weird fetishes, the getups, the socks, the harnesses.. Couldn't care less, just take that silly stuff off and come to bed.

Going to a gay bar can be nice now and then. Maybe 4, or 5 times a year, mostly in summer.

by Anonymousreply 107October 4, 2022 10:03 PM

Almost everyone in this thread seems boring in the extroyme!

by Anonymousreply 108October 4, 2022 10:05 PM

We're all waiting with bated breath for you to spice things up a little, R108

by Anonymousreply 109October 4, 2022 10:08 PM

R108, most people are boring to the extreme. You need us to be for the taxes.

by Anonymousreply 110October 4, 2022 10:38 PM

The obsession with the human raisin known as Luke Evans.

by Anonymousreply 111October 4, 2022 10:56 PM

Drag Queens...not into it at all.

Diva worship...why go to hear the same songs more than once?

by Anonymousreply 112October 4, 2022 11:10 PM

R94, it’s funny, but you and I view that picture from opposite perspectives. I see it and think, “he’s handsome, but I wish he’d stop messing with his body hair. Also, the trilobite abs are too much and too generic – like every other Instaho in the world. And the harness is just silly. It’s ‘kinky’ without actually being kinky at all.”

The point is that I keep seeing men just like him presented as sex objects for gay men, but I don’t think they’re sexy. I don’t think anyone so obviously focused on his own appearance is sexy, whether they’re as generic hot-guy as the photo or some “smell my stinky man-pits, son” faux-daddy. There seems to be no appreciation among gay men for men who are naturally and easily sexy and virile without all the fucking artifice, fantasy and LARPing ... and overly developed and "perfect" bodies.

by Anonymousreply 113October 5, 2022 12:17 AM

Rosebuds

by Anonymousreply 114October 5, 2022 12:22 AM

Lazy bottoms. Total tops.

by Anonymousreply 115October 5, 2022 12:53 AM

I love total tops. If a boyfriend of mine started to insist that I fuck his ass, I’d throw him to the curb.

by Anonymousreply 116October 5, 2022 12:57 AM

Open relationships. You don't know where other people have been.

by Anonymousreply 117October 5, 2022 1:06 AM

Even when I had the body for them, I never understood the appeal of circuit parties / white parties.

by Anonymousreply 118October 5, 2022 1:25 AM

R118 they are a place for vapid assholes to get together, do drugs, and spread STDs.

by Anonymousreply 119October 5, 2022 1:39 AM

Never liked Cher, Madonna, Mariah, Britney, or Beyoncé. Hated AbFab. Can’t stand Real Housewives. Don’t like superheroes. Hated Sex & the City.

by Anonymousreply 120October 5, 2022 2:08 AM

The misognistic BS about female bodies which I'm amazed still goes on. There's nothing wrong about being attracted to men. I don't have to justify being gay by claiming it's because women are repulsive when they're not. It makes us look fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 121October 5, 2022 2:09 AM

For every R94, there are 30 of these.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122October 5, 2022 2:21 AM

R110 something tells me ye don’t contribute that much.

by Anonymousreply 123October 5, 2022 6:50 AM

Gee, just what this site needs, another, "Look at me!!! No one can tell I'm a homo!!!" thread.

Another thread for ashamed gay men to try and separate themselves from their brethren who share and enjoy aspects of human culture which they deem inappropriate and/or demeaning.

All for the sake of retaining the anonymity which they have cultivated through the years remaining sheltered and detached to preserve face value.

Well...bravo...

by Anonymousreply 124October 5, 2022 10:04 AM

Harnesses are popular just because they frame the boobies. They're basically there to beam out to the world, "Yes, I want to be objectified for my tits. Have at it!"

Which is an exclusively gay thing—most women and few straight men would have the nerve even if they did want to attract the attention.

I'm WAY over them but my eyes do go to them when I see them. I think it started with backpacks. Hikers and urban hikers with hard bodies realized that they could go shirtless with a backpack and have people ogle their tits while acting like the framing of them was unintentional and they were just doing an active/athletic thing. I think the homos zeroed in on the backpack straps and just started manufacturing them without the useful part as a slutty accessory.

by Anonymousreply 125October 5, 2022 10:23 AM

R123, you'd be wrong. But I reckon you're used to that.

by Anonymousreply 126October 5, 2022 12:39 PM

Not a fan of nightclubs, even less the bar scene.

by Anonymousreply 127October 5, 2022 1:25 PM

Other than the extreme sexual fetishes, I think some should chill out about what others like. On the flip side, the fan girls should chill out about what they like. Being a fan of Rupaul and Ariana is not a personality trait. Gen Z and Millennials think they need to list their favorite things constantly, no one fucking cares. This isn’t kindergarten and you don’t need to constantly tell people which Disney movie is your favorite.

by Anonymousreply 128October 5, 2022 6:39 PM

Not 128, but their comment got me thinking about at what point did it become "OK" to be a Disney fanatic as an adult?

by Anonymousreply 129October 5, 2022 9:13 PM

Things about lesbian life I don't identify with: Everything.

by Anonymousreply 130October 5, 2022 11:15 PM

-Lez

by Anonymousreply 131October 5, 2022 11:16 PM

R129 if you are referring to loons who fill their homes with Disney merchandise crap: Absolutely strange.

Adults going to a Disney park every now and then: Totally alright.

by Anonymousreply 132October 6, 2022 8:20 AM

Doubt it R126 there’s not much imagination belonging to most of the posters in this thread, ergo……..

R124 well said.

by Anonymousreply 133October 6, 2022 12:30 PM

Think about it, R133. You just told me you know better somehow what I earn than I do. People like you ruin DL. But if you read your posts, you may understand why no one likes you.

by Anonymousreply 134October 6, 2022 12:41 PM

R134 girl shut up I was talking generally. Jeez don’t take offense so easily.

[quote] you know better somehow what I earn than I do

Yoda fan? 😂

by Anonymousreply 135October 6, 2022 12:47 PM

There's actually nothing wrong with that sentence structure, R135. However, I would have used punctuation and I would have moved the position of "better" in the sentence:

"You know, somehow, what I earn *better than I do."

by Anonymousreply 136October 6, 2022 12:54 PM

R136 should instead of would babes, and yes the sentence was wrong x. Furthermore it also wasn’t correct in reference to what I had said, so it was really, especially sad :(

by Anonymousreply 137October 6, 2022 1:00 PM

R135, you're the only person I've got on block so you're now talking to yourself, dear. Another thing I'm sure you're used to.

Jesus, all this for an off hand remark following her cutesy spelling of "extroyme." There are some real no hopers on this site.

by Anonymousreply 138October 6, 2022 1:01 PM

R138 it’s a kath and Kim joke pls 😭

by Anonymousreply 139October 6, 2022 1:11 PM

I cannot stand the Pup thing. What it sounds like to me, is the people who have to masquerade to have sex are having an internal crisis about who or what is sexually attractive to them from a facial standpoint. Possible bisexual men and trans men that went too far and have second doubts. Here in NOLA decades ago, we used to talk about people who'd use paper grocery bags to cover their faces during sex. Better known as 'bumping uglies' here. Also major hinting at zoophilia with woofing and awoooing while ejaculating. Really grotesque stuff and a kind of trend that will age like milk.

by Anonymousreply 140October 6, 2022 1:12 PM

The love for straights.

by Anonymousreply 141October 6, 2022 1:14 PM

*shock* I also cannot stand the concept of hooking up with random people. Just for sex. It's a bad idea from a health standpoint because nobody wants an STI unless it's your kink. Then you're a whore, darlin'.

I understand short-term relationships that you expected to last longer, that went too quickly. That happened to me with my first guy. But I was also 24 and it was DAMNED time I got some action. But nearly a year later I have no desire to just ring up anybody and nail. My hand does the job just find until I go steady with a great guy someday.

by Anonymousreply 142October 6, 2022 1:16 PM

R66- I would not be offended if some good looking guy was cruising me at Trader Joe's.

by Anonymousreply 143October 6, 2022 1:50 PM

[quote] My hand does the job just find until I go steady with a great guy someday.

Sad!

by Anonymousreply 144October 6, 2022 2:03 PM

SURPRISE ANAL !!!!!

Just how?

by Anonymousreply 145October 6, 2022 3:42 PM

R140 -- I'm not into Puppy Play but I understand where it comes from. There are the guys who enjoy / get into Leather and guys who don't. (Personally I don't - but I can understand the attraction to it) Then there is the age old human trait of the young not wanting the same thing as the olds. So young guys that are inclined to Leather, but don't want to emulate Old Guys because of the arrogance of youth, have come up with a new type of fetish costume. Their generation is also more into superhero and furry stuff, and overall Americans are much more indulgent of their actual dogs than we were 30 odd years ago, so the evolution makes some sense.

by Anonymousreply 146October 6, 2022 5:08 PM

Some of these fetishes aren't restricted to "gay life."

Heterosexuas hold leatherfests and conventions as well, and if I had to guess, there are probably more of them involved in the furry stuff and cosplay.

by Anonymousreply 147October 6, 2022 6:26 PM

Knowing all the lyrics to vapid pop hits and singing/posing along with them the minute they're heard somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 148October 6, 2022 7:11 PM

R132, yup, the first one is exactly what I was referring to.

by Anonymousreply 149October 7, 2022 12:24 AM

The judgement and pearl-clutching over what gets other people off sexually.

It's no one's fucking business what other people are into, it's between them and their partner(s).

I can't see any appeal whatsoever in those ludicrous pup masks, but it doesn't do any harm. I'm not into blonds but I don't cast aspirations on those that are.

by Anonymousreply 150October 7, 2022 10:51 AM

The thread title, R150, is "Things About Gay Life You Don't Identify With."

by Anonymousreply 151October 7, 2022 11:34 AM

Yes - I don't identify with people who are judgemental and pearl-clutching over what gets other people off sexually.

It's no one's fucking business what other people are into, it's between them and their partner(s).

I can't see any appeal whatsoever in those ludicrous pup masks, but it doesn't do any harm. I'm not into blonds but I don't cast aspirations on those that are.

Happy now you pedantic fuck R151?

by Anonymousreply 152October 7, 2022 11:36 AM

Conversely, I don't identify with people like R150 who seem to believe the freedom to be you and me is an exemption from other people's predictable or logical reactions when they take up the doing of weird fucking shit and talk about it.

If you want to go to work wearing pink lace women's panties or use the spunk of the guy you just fucked in the Meat Rack as lube for the next guy you fuck in the Meat Rack or just paddle around on all fours in a furry puppy mass, live free and prosper. But don't get all ragey if you talk about it and get WTF? and the like in reply.

by Anonymousreply 153October 7, 2022 11:45 AM

Are you mentally ill, R152? Chill the fuck out, take your meds and have a lie down.

by Anonymousreply 154October 7, 2022 12:35 PM

Hrmmm I agree with R150 / R152. A lot of you are using the “I don’t like ‘x’ therefore it’s nasty and gross and the people that do it are nasty and gross” without being able to look outside yourselves and allow for subjectivity or to acknowledge that other peoples interests aren’t really for your to turn your nose up at.

FWIW, a couple of things about gay life that I don’t identify with are 1) lot cabin repubs and 2) judgmental losers that don’t have any self awareness (R153 etc.)

by Anonymousreply 155October 7, 2022 12:52 PM

[quote]The obsession with vaginas.

?

by Anonymousreply 156October 7, 2022 12:53 PM

[quote]Things About Gay Life You Don't Identify With

Marriage, children and serving in the military.

Never understood the obsession with any of these.

by Anonymousreply 157October 7, 2022 12:55 PM

So, you don't get Secretary Pete basically?

by Anonymousreply 158October 7, 2022 12:56 PM

[quote] Marriage, children and serving in the military. Never understood the obsession with any of these.

Especially the military. Talk about an invitation to a party I never wanted to attend.

by Anonymousreply 159October 7, 2022 1:03 PM

[QUOTE] Things About Gay Life You Don't Identify With

Perpetual adolescence.

by Anonymousreply 160October 7, 2022 1:09 PM

I don't particular care for gay marriage, or marriage at all for that matter.

The rainbow flag and all its tacky iterations makes me cringe.

by Anonymousreply 161October 7, 2022 1:19 PM

I just realized I am sitting here using a facial roller (the same one that Sutton has on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills)

by Anonymousreply 162October 7, 2022 1:24 PM

Blowjobs.

by Anonymousreply 163October 7, 2022 1:52 PM

Poor r163's hookups.

by Anonymousreply 164October 7, 2022 2:06 PM

Who asked you to identify with any of it?

Take your ball and go home, already. No one cares.

by Anonymousreply 165October 7, 2022 2:11 PM

Feet. Scat. Piss. Get some help, honey, we’re concerned.

by Anonymousreply 166October 7, 2022 2:53 PM

I have no problem with wire hangers in the closet for some things.

by Anonymousreply 167October 7, 2022 2:57 PM

Froy.

by Anonymousreply 168October 7, 2022 3:36 PM

Giving handsome homophobic men a pass for their homophobia only because they are handsome.

He may be gorgeous, but he's still a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 169October 7, 2022 7:29 PM

[quote] Never liked Cher, Madonna, Mariah, Britney, or Beyoncé. Hated AbFab. Can’t stand Real Housewives. Don’t like superheroes. Hated Sex & the City.

I'm with you, R120 except for superheroes. I just love a hot, athletic, muscular guy in a skintight uniform/costume who comes to the rescue. I also like them tied up and gagged! Ha!

Excellent point, R124. But it's not because we're self-loathing or we don't care for our brethren who like those aspects of gay culture. It's just that we don't get it. It's not our thing.

I listed one of my kinks in this post. You may not get it, But you don't hate me for it. Although, I'd be glad to show you what fun it could be, if you have some rope. I'll bring the duct-tape!

by Anonymousreply 170October 7, 2022 8:37 PM

r170 Oh, Princey. Use rope FFS.

by Anonymousreply 171October 7, 2022 8:41 PM

"FFS"?, R171

by Anonymousreply 172October 7, 2022 8:45 PM

FFS = For Fuck's Sake

by Anonymousreply 173October 7, 2022 8:47 PM

R173 thank you for letting that fossil, r172, know what FFS is.

by Anonymousreply 174October 7, 2022 11:05 PM

R155, shoving your arm up someone’s ass [italic] is [/italic] nasty and gross, R155. Not identifying with certain sexual practices that are celebrated by parts of the “gay community” is OK and is in fact the topic of the thread.

Also, no offense to Prince Charlie, R170, but one thing about gay life I don't identify with is regarding other gay men as my brothers or brethren. I have a lot in common with a lot of gay men or I wouldn't be at the DL, but I don't think think of them as family in any sense of the word. I have a lot in common with my colleagues, too, and we have our own jargon and our own "celebrities" and laugh at stuff that no one else would get, but that doesn't make them my family.

by Anonymousreply 175October 7, 2022 11:15 PM

R174, Sorry I'm not as au courant as you.

Thank you, R173.

by Anonymousreply 176October 7, 2022 11:20 PM

LOL, I'm R153 and I've had R155 on block for a long time. I didn't even realise R155 had replied until R175, so she must be a doozy all over the place!

by Anonymousreply 177October 7, 2022 11:20 PM

Billy Eichner’s Bros.

by Anonymousreply 178October 7, 2022 11:23 PM

At the end of the day I guess the truth is that we're all just men, with nothing else necessarily in common, especially as time has gone on and we are more part of society. I'd like us all to have a connection of sorts, but it's probably not a realistic thing to have, unless we're facing some serious adversity to us as gay men. And it's better that way if people are living better lives with less discrimination than there used to be.

So, I guess all that is to say I don't really identify with the idea that there even IS a thing as a "gay life".

by Anonymousreply 179October 8, 2022 12:03 AM

That's the great irony of gay rights, isn't it, R179? If gays are successful in ending discrimination and achieving full equality with straights, then there would be no reason for a "gay community" to exist. There will always be subcultures of men into this or that, but it wouldn't be any different from (for example) straight guys into hunting, or straight couples into swinging.

We were really close to achieving that in 2015, but Obergefell changed everything. Suddenly, the people who don't want to be an ordinary part of society, the bitter, angry people who hate, hate, hate for a living, had to find a new cause. We all know what that was ...

by Anonymousreply 180October 8, 2022 12:12 AM

[quote]That's the great irony of gay rights, isn't it, [R179]?

Absolutely. And even in the push for rights that I was a part of in the 00s, I remember thinking: "well, taking it all for granted in the future might end up feeling a bit sad, but it's really what we're fighting for at the end of the day".

by Anonymousreply 181October 8, 2022 12:14 AM

Gay ghettos

by Anonymousreply 182October 8, 2022 9:12 AM

QWEENS like this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183October 8, 2022 2:00 PM

[quote] shoving your arm up someone’s ass is nasty and gross,

To you maybe but not to everyone R175. Some people think two men kissing is gross. Doesn’t mean it’s correct. Let people enjoy the things they like.

by Anonymousreply 184October 8, 2022 2:11 PM

All of the fisting queens are rushing to defend the hands and forearms that impale them.

by Anonymousreply 185October 8, 2022 2:53 PM

[quote] Gen Z and Millennials think they need to list their favorite things constantly

Goddamned insipid social media!

by Anonymousreply 186October 8, 2022 3:22 PM

Stretched out assholes

by Anonymousreply 187October 8, 2022 3:25 PM

Puppet Pride!

by Anonymousreply 188October 8, 2022 3:32 PM

R188 *Fist Kweens

by Anonymousreply 189October 8, 2022 3:33 PM

Gay bumper stickers.

by Anonymousreply 190October 8, 2022 3:35 PM

R190- or extremely tacky t shirts that say

I CAN'T EVEN THINK STRAIGHT

by Anonymousreply 191October 8, 2022 3:53 PM

Just because nobody said it and it needs to be said: there is no legitimate or intelligent comparison between two men kissing and two men fisting.

by Anonymousreply 192October 8, 2022 5:57 PM

What?!

by Anonymousreply 193October 8, 2022 10:59 PM

This sort of thing...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194October 9, 2022 12:44 AM

Having an 'alt' twitter account where I post nudes and slowly become a only fans whore - litterally every guy who isnt bumfuck ugly in my age group has done this.

by Anonymousreply 195October 9, 2022 12:54 AM

Aye, R195. I miss the old tumblr days, when Onlyfans didn't exist.

by Anonymousreply 196October 9, 2022 8:26 AM

What's the purpose of injecting a saline infusion in your balls? Does it give pleasure?

by Anonymousreply 197October 9, 2022 2:22 PM

[quote] What's the purpose of injecting a saline infusion in your balls? Does it give pleasure?

It stretches out the nerves along the skin of the scrotum providing a greater area of sensitivity. As for pleasure, the claims are that it's very pleasurable. I'll take their word for it because I'll never try it.

by Anonymousreply 198October 9, 2022 7:06 PM

R148 The date was over for me the minute he broke out into "Vogue" and started doing all the queeny hand poses when it played over the speaker at the restaurant we were at. So typical and embarrassing to watch a guy in his 40's do this on a first date.

by Anonymousreply 199October 9, 2022 8:11 PM

R199, at least it wasn't "Toxic" or "Oops I Did it Again" or "Baby One More Time".

by Anonymousreply 200October 9, 2022 8:22 PM

Sluts, but then no one should identify with sluts gay or straight.

by Anonymousreply 201October 9, 2022 8:29 PM

Did I already point out that the OP is a troll?

by Anonymousreply 202October 9, 2022 9:36 PM

Getting HIV after slutting around and then suddenly becoming "pro Poz" overnight, telling people they are bigoted if they don't have sex with you.

by Anonymousreply 203October 9, 2022 9:47 PM

R200, sorry to disagree, but voguing to a Madonna song is even less attractive than imitating Britney Spears. At least the latter is not - or less of - an old-timey "gay icon".

R198, it also makes the balls, or at least the scrotum, look bigger. This is the same reason men pump, and the results are the same - red, swollen junk that looks to be on the verge of gangrene. A vigorously pumped dick and saline-injected balls are both hideous, even worse than women with breast implants up to DDDD cup size. However, I don't think this is limited to gay men. I know there are straight guys who pump, probably numerically more than gay guys (although lower as a percentage). The swollen scrotum thing may be mostly gay, though.

by Anonymousreply 204October 10, 2022 12:30 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 205October 10, 2022 7:34 AM

Doing things in groups.

I know some gay men who can't communicate one-on-one. They can only function with others around. And even then, they are superficial. And catty.

by Anonymousreply 206October 11, 2022 4:10 PM

R206, the worst ones are the ones who MUST brunch together all the time. They are the ones that you can hear even if you are sitting 100 ft away from them.

by Anonymousreply 207October 11, 2022 10:31 PM

Well if I went to a restaurant on a first date with a man in his 40s and he VOGUED in my face I would think it was hilarious and look forward to all the other ridiculous behavior I would be treated to over the evening and night. The sky's the limit with a queen like that.

by Anonymousreply 208October 11, 2022 11:04 PM

Vogue Vogue Vogue

by Anonymousreply 209October 11, 2022 11:34 PM

I think the harness things are mighty stupid. Attach a dog leash to it.

by Anonymousreply 210October 12, 2022 12:27 AM

Anything to do with a #2. Butt plugs, bdsm, promiscuity, ageism, drag, dance music, extreme fem.

by Anonymousreply 211October 12, 2022 12:31 AM

Most music in gay bars and nightclubs is repetitive, boring and loud. It's deliberately played to induce anxiety in order to make you drink more.

Only a few bars play 'regular' music in any city. Even country is better than the regurgitated remix circuit diva crap. I endured too many tinnitus-inducing nights in my clubbin' youth to tolerate another minute of that shit.

by Anonymousreply 212October 12, 2022 1:01 AM

Most gays have shit taste in music

by Anonymousreply 213October 12, 2022 1:05 AM

R213, that's why I always say the stereotypical gays need to realize that there are other musical artists out there outside of female pop divas. A lot of gay men I know tend to listen exlusively dance or dance pop music. They would rather die than listen to a hard rock song. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

by Anonymousreply 214October 12, 2022 1:17 AM

R206/207 Gays in groups are always best avoided.

by Anonymousreply 215October 12, 2022 1:33 AM

R206 ... truer words were never spoken.

I have good friends who are gay men. I see them individually. Gay men in groups, no matter how serious the purpose of the group or how allegedly macho the men, always end up acting and sounding like a gang of middle-school girls.

by Anonymousreply 216October 12, 2022 2:10 AM

House of SCENE QUEENS 👸

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217October 13, 2022 3:33 AM

I hated them at first sight.

by Anonymousreply 218October 13, 2022 5:37 PM

R218- Whom did you hate at first sight?

by Anonymousreply 219October 13, 2022 11:46 PM

The vicious scene queens at R217.

by Anonymousreply 220October 14, 2022 1:07 AM

R220- Okay. Thanks for answering my question.

I hate them too.

by Anonymousreply 221October 14, 2022 2:26 AM

Generally, I don't relate to the gay fixation with costumes and in particular wearing women's clothes as a costume. Not drag queens, but men in thrift store dresses at Hallowe'en.

by Anonymousreply 222October 14, 2022 2:57 AM

This thread just popped into my head the moment I saw that Attitude magazine—the UK's 'Out' counterpart—evidently flew Alam Wernik to London and gave him an award.

Nothing against him. I don't know the guy. I can assume he is perfectly nice and all that. But his job is to get fucked by different giant dicks and to eat cum from different giant dicks and take pictures of himself.

I don't get why gay men worship people for their appearances and give awards to people for having sex. I really do not get it. I do find it extremely alienating from gay organizations. I really, really do. I waa brought up to work hard and to value people who make contributions to the world, and I don't know why a person who looks like a Barbie or Ken Doll and just lies there and gets fucked and filled with cum is a person who the gay community identifies as the apex of our so-called community.

Never got it, never will get it, don't appreciate it.

Why does substance have NO relevance AT ALL among gay men?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223October 14, 2022 11:20 PM

R223, I appreciate a hot guy as much as the next gay man but I agree with you. I don;'t understand the lionization of porn stars by gay men.

by Anonymousreply 224October 14, 2022 11:47 PM

Especially, the pornstars of today. Disgusting, no standards.

by Anonymousreply 225October 14, 2022 11:49 PM

R225, you don't like porn stars with giant septum piercings, multicolored tats and fists stuck in their butts????

by Anonymousreply 226October 14, 2022 11:58 PM

I agree with you completely, R223. But until there is less desire for that type of content it will continue in perpetuity.

For the record, I believe sex work is work: give them unionized hourly rates and healthcare. But I don't think we need to provide awards for "best cream pie" or "group orgy" or whatever else AVN doles out prizes for these days.

by Anonymousreply 227October 15, 2022 12:05 AM

Treating everyone like shit except your hookup.

by Anonymousreply 228October 15, 2022 12:07 AM

R223, you're right.

Perhaps this happens because lust for men is one thing all gay men have in common. In fact, it's the definition of being gay. When you built a community and subculture around sex, sexual things and sexual stars assume a disproportionate place in your world.

by Anonymousreply 229October 15, 2022 12:09 AM

R229 Yes, sex with the same sex is what we all have in common as gay people.

It's what we have in COMMON. Common means shared among everyone. Not something extraordinary, jot something outstanding or unique.

You have sex with men, I have sex with men, RuPaul has sex with men, Paul Lynde had sex with men. It's common. It's not laudable or award worthy.

I just hate the part of gay culture that worships people solely for appearances and for fucking. I wouldn't be complaining about it if this thread didn't ask what makes people feel alienated.

I am here because my parents had sex but Parenting magazine and People magazine don't fly porn stars first class from Prague to L.A. to give them awards for doing what straight people do.

I feel lonely and estranged from gay men not only because of this type of thing but because of what does not matter to gay men. Which is to say anyting other than superficial appearances and sex. Working out, speedos at beaches, half naked at clubs, sex parties. I always thought growing up that gay men were creative and artistic but they are less so than any average person because they deem this haircut and that body and these clothes "right" and anything outside the current mandates "wrong," and looking like a bodybuilder and swapping loads is what it's all about.

I'm just lamenting, not arguing or trying to be persuaded otherwise. I'm 44 and I've now got 25 years of experience and I know the common denominators. I just don't like it. I'm a misfit. And it's fine, just a big disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 230October 15, 2022 12:22 AM

I never in my many years on earth considered wearing nail polish. However, could one wear black nails with a black tuxedo?

by Anonymousreply 231October 15, 2022 12:42 AM

Pretending not to know another gay guy I have clearly met before, or even had sex with before.

Why do guys do this? They even made a running joke of it on that Uncoupled show.

by Anonymousreply 232October 15, 2022 12:48 AM

Meh R227 it’s an industry awards show. I honestly put the AVNs at the same level of importance, significance or respectability as the Oscars. They’re all just actors when it comes down to it.

by Anonymousreply 233October 15, 2022 1:02 AM

I don't feel I fit in with or enjoy gay themed events, gay pride events, gay resorts, P-town, or even having a big group of gay friends. I'm glad people find what they're looking for in that kind of life, or find like-minded people. I don't enjoy when some of these people bash gays who aren't like them, or who they call heteronormative because they lead lives similar to straight people's lives or have a lot of straight friends. There doesn't have to be only one way to be a gay person. It's kind of stupid.

On another note, I don't like The Golden Girls!

by Anonymousreply 234October 15, 2022 1:07 AM

Pretty much all of it

Knowing about "divas" and RuPaul and Housewives and fashion and dance music and pop culture celebrities, getting overly wrapped up in celebrity gossip, being bitchy to other people and thinking that's cool, wearing clothes that shout "I AM A GAY FASHION VICTIM" Golden Girls, Sex and the City, not knowing anything about sports, calling it "sportsball" as proof you don't know anything about it, glomming on to every new diet or exercise trend, being overly dramatic, acting like a helpless damsel in distress, hating straight people, only going to places where there are lots of gay people.

The commonly expressed feeling on DL that posters "hate" certain actors or singers and/or threads where DLers dump on actors like Billy Eichner or Bradley Cooper -- I've just never cared enough about an actor I've never met to develop strong emotions about them.

Politicians, OTOH....

by Anonymousreply 235October 15, 2022 1:17 AM

R234, we must be seperated at birth. I am the exact same way. I have never even been to Pride and I also have 0 interest in ever going? It's just a bunch of people getting drunk in 90 degree weather, why would I want to do that? Getting wasted after college is kind of lame. I only have two or three gay friends, none of them in the same metro area. The fact that hypersexualization is so normalized among gay people is disturbing to me.

by Anonymousreply 236October 15, 2022 1:19 AM

Yes R234 and R236 -- I had not read R234 before posting R235, but 100% that.

I've never had much in common with those sort of people and feel no kinship.

Fortunately the internet allows us to see that they make up a small but vocal minority of gay men, not the majority.

by Anonymousreply 237October 15, 2022 1:23 AM

I think the thing I have most in common with other gay men is pop culture stuff - music, movies - but I always took things like singing and dancing in old movies seriously - unless they were very campy, I never saw them as camp, and I hate the way some gay guys see everything like that as camp. I like the arts, but it's a serious appreciation, if that makes sense. I also have a lot of likes that I don't share with that many gays I know. Liking metal or rap, for ex. Skateboarding. Going to arcades, whatever.

by Anonymousreply 238October 15, 2022 1:34 AM

When you get away from the scene, what is so cool is that so many gay men actually do have interests outside of what is stereotypical. It's just never really shown in most portrayals of what we are supposed to be. Most gay men I know have excellent taste in music and a lot of knowledge of history, in my experience.

by Anonymousreply 239October 15, 2022 1:37 AM

Another vote for drag.

One of the best things about being gay is not having to deal with women/women's things as much as straight men do, so I have no interest in wearing women's clothing or watching someone play-act being a woman.

by Anonymousreply 240October 15, 2022 1:47 AM

Plus R240, drag just reinforces the whole "they just want to be women" notion.

Ditto the DL obsession with "fraus" whom many DLers clearly see as the competition.

by Anonymousreply 241October 15, 2022 1:51 AM

I don't like drag, either, R240. I hated going to watch it with friends. Interestingly, it seemed to be much more popular with straight people, including straight men I know, than it did with me.

Also, bitchiness doesn't appeal to me. It might be fun watching Patsy Stone or Karen Walker on TV... less fun being around real life versions of them.

by Anonymousreply 242October 15, 2022 1:51 AM

I dislike The Wizard of Oz (except for the flying monkeys). The song Somewhere Over the Rainbow strikes me as incredibly depressing.

by Anonymousreply 243October 15, 2022 2:01 AM

A lot of you ^^^ could really be helped out by reading about the “I’m not like other girls I’m a cool girl” archetype and how lame it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244October 15, 2022 2:06 AM

Drag. It's not funny. I'm not entertained. It's just boring and cringe. I have no idea how it got so popular. I haven't watched a single episode of Ru Paul's Drag Race.

by Anonymousreply 245October 15, 2022 2:11 AM

Drag is creepy. I feel so uncomfortable looking at them. Bozo the Clown was more entertaining than these drag queens.

by Anonymousreply 246October 15, 2022 2:21 AM

I find such burlesques amusing for 1-2 drinks only.

by Anonymousreply 247October 15, 2022 2:37 AM

Drag is hilarious.

Some people just HATE being gay, and that's sad.

by Anonymousreply 248October 15, 2022 3:48 AM

R230 but what disappointments you isn't specific to just gay men, it's men in general. Straight men worship and objectify women for the same reasons, difference is women are much more private about their sex lives and don't reciprocate.

It's less common with straights simply because women are apart of the equation

by Anonymousreply 249October 15, 2022 6:08 AM

I don't get half of the stuff people are commenting on in this thread. Now..... where's my sling?

by Anonymousreply 250October 15, 2022 6:17 AM

Vaginal rejuvenation

by Anonymousreply 251October 15, 2022 7:19 AM

I was creeped out by drag when I was young. A very large drag queen shoved his hand down my pants one noght in the middle of a club and it really shook me up. I thought he was a psycho when I saw him wandering around a club with Christmas lights in his wig.

But I came around to liking Drag Race, at least. Mainly, I like a lot of the contestants and I love seeing their talents showcased. I LOVE that most of them are funny looking gay men with a lot of creative impulses. I relate to that. Most are not 'Pit Crew' types, yet all any gay man wants to associate with in real life is 'Put Crew' types. I like seeing the gawky contestants take being creative seriously and learning about their lives. I absolutely adore Jinkx Monsoon, Ben DeLaCreme and others like them. It has almost nothing to do with the 'dressing as a woman' thing and I don't care that they do that—it doesn't affect my life at all.

I am a creative spirit and I really always thought this was a major aspect of being gay, something I'd have in common with gay men when I grew up, and it's not. I live in a city devoid of creativity and imagination, and gay men are 100% about conforming. Seeing drag performers on TV is as close as it gets to meeting my expectations.

But I don't really enjoy drag very much as performance in real life. On TV, it's interesting to me to see the behind-the-scenes creative processes. As a show, all you see is some guy galumphing around in a dress moving his mouth while music plays. I don't get the attraction to that at all.

by Anonymousreply 252October 15, 2022 10:36 AM

I have no problem with drag... it's theater... though I don't like a cruel drag queen and there are some of them.

[quote] what is so cool is that so many gay men actually do have interests outside of what is stereotypical. It's just never really shown in most portrayals of what we are supposed to be.

This is a very significant observation. From the most Queer as Folk, in all iterations, to Bros, we are not only presented to the world as essentially one dimensional but we tell ourselves this is who we mostly are. It isn't true and yet, I often find when I am with a group of gay men, it's lurking... we should be fabulous in all ways and we're not. It is so weird we are dogged by what is essentially a very immature view of ourselves as a culture. Maybe that's the divide you often see here over something like marriage... some people cling to the notion we have to stay as we were and some people want to evolve into something else.

by Anonymousreply 253October 15, 2022 3:15 PM

Actually R253, one of the great things about the US Queer As Folk was that it presented a range of gay men with only one character (Emmett) being the femme stereotype.

Granted most roles were played by straight actors, but as a teenager it helped me process that not every gay man was some sort of flaming fashion-obsessed queen who shrieked "FABULOUS!!!" at regular intervals.

by Anonymousreply 254October 15, 2022 4:04 PM

But they still lived that insular, gay ghetto life, which isn't real life, R254.

by Anonymousreply 255October 15, 2022 4:40 PM

Ummguys, Queer as Folk and Beautiful Thing were both fictional fantasy shows that were written to let gay people know that they aren't alone and that there is hope they will eventually find acceptance among others and accept themselves. They were of a moment in sociopolitical history, created as much to send a message as to entertain. Neither is a documentary meant to reflect real life.

by Anonymousreply 256October 15, 2022 4:48 PM

R239, I agree with you. I used to try and fit in with that crowd in my early 20s and insecure, and once I got away from it, I now meet normal gay men.

Which is why I’m skeptical of the people here complaining about porn star worship. It makes me think they hang out with these shallow groups in the first place. Now that I avoid the scene queens, I don’t know any gays that worship porn stars.

by Anonymousreply 257October 15, 2022 4:54 PM

"Supporting the extreme far left no matter how insane the issue at hand may be"

Almost every issue that you would name as an example was funded by the right and pushed by right wingers impersonating the left. As Patsy Ramsey would say, "Grow a brain!" The ONLY real left discussions you've probably ever heard in your life happened right here on datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 258October 15, 2022 5:19 PM

[quote] Drag is hilarious.

No.

by Anonymousreply 259October 15, 2022 5:23 PM

[quote] Which is why I’m skeptical of the people here complaining about porn star worship. It makes me think they hang out with these shallow groups in the first place.

I think it's more a case of these shallow gays being overrepresented in the media, social media, etc. They seem to be everywhere. Which makes gay men (who are not like this) feel alienated.

by Anonymousreply 260October 15, 2022 5:25 PM

Pornstar obsessed gays are everywhere on DL. It's hardly a media thing.

by Anonymousreply 261October 15, 2022 5:33 PM

R258 No.

by Anonymousreply 262October 15, 2022 6:40 PM

I don't like musicals. I don't get the appeal.

by Anonymousreply 263October 15, 2022 8:27 PM

R260, they’re only everywhere if you look for them.

The other day I was talking to a group of strangers at a bar and one person started complaining about the Dahmer documentary and how people are romanticizing Dahmer. I told them I haven’t seen anyone doing that and they went on to tell me about all these sites theybjd visited were here saw this happening. Well duh! If you spend your time seeking out sites that romanticize murderers then yeah you’re gonna start thinking this is a widespread issue.

by Anonymousreply 264October 15, 2022 8:33 PM

Sorry for my spelling mistakes!

by Anonymousreply 265October 15, 2022 8:33 PM

R256, US QAF premiered in December 2000. If you were an American gay man in the year 2000 and you thought you were alone, you were either living under a rock or in a fundie cult.

That's something I don't identify with: The need of every generation of gay men to insist that, when they were young, gays were all in the dark closet, invisible and deeply oppressed. I've seen people asserting that life for gays in the 1990s and 2000s was "terrible" and "so oppressed". Say what? And then older gays who should know better nod along because apparently being oppressed is part of the "gay identity".

by Anonymousreply 266October 16, 2022 12:33 AM

[quote]I've seen people asserting that life for gays in the 1990s and 2000s was "terrible" and "so oppressed".

I suppose it depends where you were living. Where I grew up, it was illegal to be gay until 1997. Police would sit outside of gay men's houses and note any man who went in and out on a list of known gay men. That did foster a pretty unpleasant, oppressive feeling for me as a kid. Teachers at school would openly state they couldn't answer any questions about homosexuality or they would lose their jobs. It was kinda a big deal.

And then once it was over, we sorta became the most progressive part of our country for awhile. Funny how that happens.

by Anonymousreply 267October 16, 2022 12:45 AM

[quote] I've seen people asserting that life for gays in the 1990s and 2000s was "terrible" and "so oppressed". Say what?

In some states, you could be arrested for having sex with another man. This was into the 00s. I'd call that "terrible" and "oppressed". And of course, this is just the United States. Just imagine what it's like to be gay in mudh of the developing world TODAY. Or somehwere like Eastern Europe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268October 16, 2022 12:50 AM

What is your point R266?

No one in the thread said they felt they were the only homosexual on earth until QAF came out.

They said that the series presented a wider representation of types of gay men than had previously been seen in TV and movies.

Period.

by Anonymousreply 269October 16, 2022 1:11 AM

Tops who say they will only get sucked and won't fuck you. Get lost!

by Anonymousreply 270October 16, 2022 1:19 AM

And yet we have so many takers R270 and so many guys actively seeking out that very scenario

by Anonymousreply 271October 16, 2022 1:31 AM

I don’t relate to the vast majority of gays who seem to believe that monogamy is evil or impossible.

by Anonymousreply 272October 16, 2022 2:42 AM

The gay men who are turned on by unwashed pits. It’s a thing apparently. It’s also disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 273October 16, 2022 2:48 AM

ITT: I'm not gay. I just like dick.

by Anonymousreply 274October 16, 2022 5:20 AM

steroids

meth

poppers

by Anonymousreply 275October 16, 2022 7:10 AM

Iced coffee

by Anonymousreply 276October 16, 2022 12:43 PM

Anonymous sex.

by Anonymousreply 277October 16, 2022 1:05 PM

Guys who are-

SCENEY, QUEENY, BITCHY

by Anonymousreply 278October 16, 2022 1:21 PM

R278, that eliminates just about everybody in one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 279October 16, 2022 2:09 PM

“Flip Flopping”

by Anonymousreply 280October 16, 2022 2:12 PM

Queens who say "Y'all."

by Anonymousreply 281October 16, 2022 2:19 PM

R281, even better--"folks". Y'all and folks are their attempt at avoiding saying "you guys". Their biggest fear is that they may misgender someone!!

by Anonymousreply 282October 16, 2022 2:39 PM

I have relatives in the South who always said y'all so I noticed it more, when people in other areas started using it - maybe 20 years ago. It's here it stay so why go on and on about it?

by Anonymousreply 283October 16, 2022 3:27 PM

Because I don't identify with it.

[Please refer to thread title.]

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 284October 16, 2022 3:40 PM

R284 I meant why do people go on and on, on DL, about it, generally. If anyone says "y'all" they usually get criticized. I never have noticed that it was gay people, particularly, saying it. (In real life.) Is it a gay thing?

by Anonymousreply 285October 16, 2022 4:23 PM

Couldn't agree more R276. My mother told me to go fuck myself every time she'd order iced coffee, knowing I was going to tell he only trash drank iced coffee.

by Anonymousreply 286October 16, 2022 4:26 PM

How charming.

by Anonymousreply 287October 16, 2022 5:25 PM

Gay backseat drivers, gay armchair critics, whining and complaining gay bitchiness 100% devoid of catty fun, wit, insight, clever references, and cosmopolitican sophistication.

by Anonymousreply 288October 16, 2022 5:38 PM

^ all of us DLers. Thanks

by Anonymousreply 289October 16, 2022 6:40 PM

R18 - “…. I don’t want anyone up my ass or to put my dick up a dirty asshole. Everything else about being gay is great!

- Senator Graham

Ms. Graham has NEVER put his dick in ANY asshole.

by Anonymousreply 290October 16, 2022 7:10 PM

[quote]Only trash drank iced coffee.

Where'd that idea come from, r286?

by Anonymousreply 291October 16, 2022 7:34 PM

r291 Lipton's

by Anonymousreply 292October 16, 2022 7:39 PM

I wonder how one identifies with harnesses? Perhaps like them or think they’re fun. Perhaps OP you need to think a bit more about the questions you ask-

by Anonymousreply 293October 16, 2022 8:07 PM

Maybe if they spend to much time at the tanning salon?

by Anonymousreply 294October 17, 2022 11:46 AM

i don't identify with drag, or the sing-song "HEEEEY GURRRL" stuff, or pretty much anything.

I get more acceptance from my straight friends.

by Anonymousreply 295October 17, 2022 12:34 PM

I hate myself and dislike everything and everyone in gay culture.

by Anonymousreply 296October 17, 2022 5:59 PM

Being cunty to celebrities, fat people, and total strangers.

What happened in that black hole you queens used to call a human soul?

by Anonymousreply 297October 17, 2022 6:01 PM

DL happened, R297. If people talked the shit in real life that they talk on here, no one would talk to them. Granted, there's a high number where here is the only place they can find anybody to talk to at all.

by Anonymousreply 298October 17, 2022 7:07 PM

R4, I don't get most of those things either; I don't care if others do; live and let live

When I hate is when I'll let people know I'm gay and they ask me about all or most of those things that you mentioned.

At times, they're confused. What? Why NOT?

And I'm like...okay, it's one thing to tell you I'm gay; now, you want to know what kind of shit (no, no that either) I'm into.

Drives me nuts.

by Anonymousreply 299October 17, 2022 7:12 PM

Obsessing over messy reality TV women drama. Real Housewives, etc.

These woman are mostly borderline alcoholics with personality and anger issues. I get it is cast that way for ratings, but I have enough issues in my own life without voluntarily absorbing others problems as entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 300October 17, 2022 7:16 PM

Trying to convince people who are not into femme gay culture that they are self-hating.

by Anonymousreply 301October 17, 2022 7:24 PM

The obsession with youth to the point where faces are pulled so tight they look like wax. I'm all for upkeep to stay looking fresh, but I think men with character lines on their face as they age are sexy. Not everyone wants a 60 year old trying to pass as a Twink.

by Anonymousreply 302October 17, 2022 7:38 PM

Gays used to cream themselves over RENT. I found it tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 303October 17, 2022 11:29 PM

OMG, r303 my girlfriend and I were traveling in a car with another lesbian couple and they were playing the soundtrack and we had no idea what it was and we were both like, "This sucks!" We said the same thing when Rufus Wainwright opened for KD Lang once.

by Anonymousreply 304October 17, 2022 11:35 PM

Oh my god, r11, I love hearing it, especially when they add the word “Daddy!”

by Anonymousreply 305October 17, 2022 11:36 PM

[quote] Not everyone wants a 60 year old trying to pass as a Twink.

I don't think ANYBODY wants that. Unless the man has a ton of money and the other person is a parasite, being over 35 and styling oneself like a young person is off putting, I think, to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 306October 18, 2022 12:11 AM

R304 I feel the same way in both cases.

I watched some of the live Rent musical on TV and turned it off because the music was so annoying.

Probably close to 20 years ago, I knew a cute gay guy who was obsessed with Rufus Wainwright. I tried to get into him but found him mostly grating. Then he opened for Tori Amos during her Strange Little Girls tour and that guy and I saw them two nights in a row and I found Rufus really annoying, both his music and his personality. He was obviously high on something and he talked about having gone to a gay strip club the night before (I think he said he had sex with a stripper) and then he implied he deserved Tori Amos's level of billing, coming too close to suggesting he was a better musician than she is. Totally lost all interest in him then. Messy and creepy and arrogant.

I convinced myself for a while that I liked this song but I am back to being annoyed by his manner of singing. He's got a case of the Ariana Grande lockjaw mumbles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307October 18, 2022 12:18 AM

Anal. Not doing it. End of discussion.

by Anonymousreply 308October 18, 2022 12:59 AM

Evil queens.

by Anonymousreply 309October 18, 2022 3:20 AM

[quote]I think men with character lines on their face as they age are sexy.

A-fucking-men! I've said it before, but many men get even sexier as they age.

Rent sucks. One of the worst musicals I am aware of. When I first heard it and the parents were "singing" on the answering machine: "So let her be a lesbiaaaaaaaan..." my brother and I burst out laughing.

Could never get into Rufus Wainwright either.

by Anonymousreply 310October 18, 2022 7:35 AM

Fair enough, R308. You have tried it, though, right?

by Anonymousreply 311October 18, 2022 8:11 AM

R301 it’s a race to the bottom (pun not intended), lowest common denominator thing. When you get into gay culture the femmes want to get you into drag, do your makeup and make you fem too, it’s like how straight women do to us. This new society worships all things feminine as holy and sees masculinity as icky, except when it’s pounding their hole. There is a purity test to check the masculinity of any man and any man who is “gay” has automatically lost checkmark. Lots of gay men wanted to experiment and interact with feminine things growing up, like nail polish and divas, but were told no, so they became autistically (new word, I just invented) obsessed with those things and now they drown in them to overcompensate. A lot of the femme behavior is an affectation, just like bros who masc up.

by Anonymousreply 312October 18, 2022 2:40 PM

There's something about the show biz talk and gossip that gets to me after a while, even though I love that subject. I get very mentally tired from it. Living vicariously through celebrities, hearing all the stories. I know when I've reached the saturation point. I need to take a long walk in some natural setting or call a relative who isn't into any of this culture.

by Anonymousreply 313October 19, 2022 3:24 AM

Yassss Kweens

by Anonymousreply 314October 19, 2022 4:07 AM

Yassss Kweens = fertilizer

by Anonymousreply 315October 19, 2022 6:02 AM

Gay white men speaking with blaccents. Please stop.

by Anonymousreply 316October 19, 2022 4:23 PM

Guuurl please!

by Anonymousreply 317October 19, 2022 5:24 PM

[QUOTE]Things About Gay Life You Don't Identify With

The immaturity.

The victimization.

The limited world view.

by Anonymousreply 318October 19, 2022 6:20 PM

The obsession with Sebastian Croft. He reminds me of Laverne DeFazio.

by Anonymousreply 319October 19, 2022 6:58 PM

Drag queens

by Anonymousreply 320October 19, 2022 7:02 PM

that rather large segment of the gay community that believes that gay men have the monopoly on everything and the majority of str8s are repressed rather than bigger freaks than they are.

by Anonymousreply 321October 19, 2022 8:19 PM

Disney RuPaul Leather Bears ABBA- a UK thing, and still going. Brighton Blackpool Divas

by Anonymousreply 322October 19, 2022 8:47 PM

R312: This new society worships all things feminine as holy and sees masculinity as icky, except when it’s pounding their hole.

Great, great point. I don't think this is just a gay thing, though. Lots of straight men - practically all straight men in respectable blue-state society, I'm sorry to say - feel the same way, even if they don't admit it. They are the saddest, most self-loathing bunch of people; they're pathetic.

I don't think most women like masculine men except as sex partners (but want ONLY masculine men as sex partners. No wonder heteros are so fucked up these days!).

And conversations at the DL prove over and over that gay men are mostly in line with this. DLers sneer at "AWGs" and masculine straight men even as they lust for them.

by Anonymousreply 323October 19, 2022 11:17 PM

r323 American teen girls have been enthralled by androgynous rockers time immortal... the few years, the obsession has been on fauxgay kpop boy bands, thus males attempting to attract females are drawn to emulate them as well. . . while they gain attraction, most of these chicas will inevitably grow up and marry the red blooded, masculine male. It's not that far off from fauxlesbian - only bisexual or lesbian in college crowd. Most of these girls are more apt to want to roleplay as their idols than date them, despite the numerous softcore fanfics and art. Most fraus go thru a JT LeRoy phase. . . but inevitably they blossom and move from peter pan cosplay into 50 shades of sexy costumes. The more entertaining ones become sexy Rosa Parks or slutty Susan B. Anthony than a dime a dozen Sailor Moon or naughty catholic school girls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324October 19, 2022 11:53 PM

R324, I agree, but that's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about grown men who worry about "toxic masculinity" and uptalk and smile all the time, trying to be soft and not aggressive or self-confident. Men who, in their hearts, are ashamed of being men and of their fellow men. This is off-topic so I won't elaborate, but you know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 325October 20, 2022 12:05 AM

Don't identify with Thomas from 'Married at first sight UK' 2022 season. Exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 326October 20, 2022 2:23 AM

R325 Oh, yeah, I see them on Twitter. I want to say, dude there are two sexes, you act/sound like a woman. Talking about safe spaces.

by Anonymousreply 327October 20, 2022 11:07 AM

*And of course I would be told in a reply that even though he's a "cis male" or his pronouns are "he/him", that there are many different sexes and I should read a book.

by Anonymousreply 328October 20, 2022 11:09 AM

Whatever the fuck this is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329October 20, 2022 4:16 PM

Is that a condom made of chain-mail, R329?

by Anonymousreply 330October 20, 2022 4:20 PM

R329, thought it looked knitted!

by Anonymousreply 331October 20, 2022 5:47 PM

I think the idea of saying "woof" about a hot man is actually kind of degrading. We're not animals, I'm not going to "woof" at you.

by Anonymousreply 332October 23, 2022 9:05 PM

R295 captures the homophobia on full display on this entire thread. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 333October 23, 2022 10:24 PM

R7, yeah, those lips have been drinking Starbucks coffee!!! Shudder.

by Anonymousreply 334October 23, 2022 10:38 PM

R332, especially since "woof" is mostly associated with the so-called bear community. Or, at any rate, that's where it originated.

Bears don't say "woof". Dogs say "woof". So why are "woofy" - is there a more infantilizing and feminine word? - men bears and not, say, Siberian huskies (a very sexy dog, as dogs go)?

by Anonymousreply 335October 24, 2022 12:36 AM

R335, I almost spit out my food as I read what you typed. You are right, that makes 0 sense. Do gay bears happen to be retarded? That's the only reason I can see for them choosing "woof".

by Anonymousreply 336October 24, 2022 12:45 AM

Speaking of bears, I don't identify with the "gay community's" apparently insatiable need to over-sexualize and fetishize everything.

When bears first became a thing in the 1990s, it was a breath of fresh air after years of trying to be aroused by porn that featured only shiny-smooth twinks and plastic muscle hunks, all with no hair on their bodies except maybe carefully trimmed armpit hair. It was a revelation. Here were big, hairy guys who were masculine in voice and manner. If they carried a few extra pounds, I was OK with that.

Then, in the blink of an eye, "the bear community" emerged, and suddenly it was all about "man smells", dropping your g's, shaved heads and leather and daddy-son and saying "fuck yeah" a lot. Oh, and pretending that you're a lumberjack or truck driver when in fact you're a florist in San Francisco and sound like it. Frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 337October 24, 2022 12:47 AM

R337, pup play is really the nadir....so far. Who knows what will arise next, maybe dolphin cosplay or something?

by Anonymousreply 338October 24, 2022 12:49 AM

That particularly CRINGY tv show on Netflix - Uncoupled.

by Anonymousreply 339October 24, 2022 12:53 AM

HRC

by Anonymousreply 340October 24, 2022 1:23 AM

Well I have to say I identify with a fair few of the responses here.

But I do love iced coffee. Just dont make me listen to divas or musicals or opera while I'm drinking it. I'll drink my iced coffee to Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd or Motorhead thank you

by Anonymousreply 341October 24, 2022 1:32 AM

Gay sex

by Anonymousreply 342October 24, 2022 1:32 AM

R340 - Hillary Rodham Clinton?

by Anonymousreply 343October 24, 2022 1:36 AM

The worship and adulation of hetero women.

by Anonymousreply 344October 24, 2022 2:03 AM

The whole bitchy queen thing.

Drag.

Leather.

Fetishes in general.

And of course, assholes like R333 who claim anyone not into any of that stuff is homophobic, as if that stuff is integral to the "being homosexual". It's totally not. It's almost all a complete affectation.

I've never had a straight person threaten to "take away my gay card" for not sufficiently conforming to every gay stereotype. And no I don't conform to heterosexual stereotypes either (I'm a guy who cannot stand team sports as just one example).

by Anonymousreply 345October 24, 2022 4:46 AM

Diva stans. Admittedly I am a bit of one myself, but I don’t get too upset if my favorite isn’t someone else’s. Here and elsewhere, queens almost come to blows over such things. Or if you say something erroneous about someone’s favorite, they become ultra pedantic and nasty, be it about a birthdate or what Judy was wearing when she recorded a certain album…just stop it!

by Anonymousreply 346October 24, 2022 1:24 PM

Guys who build their entire existence around their sex lives.

by Anonymousreply 347October 24, 2022 7:38 PM

R346 you need to step down now.

by Anonymousreply 348October 24, 2022 9:09 PM

R346, if you think DL is bad, just visit Lipstick Alley or popheads on reddit. It's worse. And you can be a fan of a female artist without being a "stan".

by Anonymousreply 349October 24, 2022 10:01 PM

What a stupid waste of time this thread is.

by Anonymousreply 350July 12, 2023 2:37 PM

Harnasses are just a form of drag.

by Anonymousreply 351July 12, 2023 2:39 PM

Leather fetishes Steroids Obsession with working out and gym bodies

Excessive cuntiness and snark, you're not Regina George OR funny, that persona is just annoying...

by Anonymousreply 352July 12, 2023 3:26 PM

[quote] Gay men kissing their male friends on the lips when they randomly run into each other at Starbucks.

[quote] According to early interviews with those afflicted, that was the #1 route of transmission for monkeypox. Every one of them bumped into an old friend on the street, and after a friendly kiss and a quick hug, they were covered in lesions below the belt. Gravity is a real bitch.

r19 This piece of self-hating pap got 20 likes?

No, that's not the #1 transmission rate for monkeypox. Stop spreading disinformation. Sure, and you get AIDS from fag's tears.

by Anonymousreply 353July 12, 2023 3:27 PM

Referring to other gay males with a woman's name, like the infamous Mary. It's self-hating and weak.

by Anonymousreply 354July 12, 2023 5:30 PM

Drooling over fucking pig assholes like Reno Gold, Tony Goodfellow, and Ace Carter.

by Anonymousreply 355July 12, 2023 5:44 PM

Oh yeah, and drooling over blond boys as if they're the aesthetic pinnacle.

by Anonymousreply 356July 12, 2023 5:49 PM

R350 Actually I like this thread. I relate to so much of this. I've always danced to the beat of my own drum and find most "gay culture" is not for me. I tried for years to fit into that world. Lived in the gayborhoods of NYC and Chicago. Had a wide circle of gay male friends, went to the right bars, the gay vacation hotspots, the "A" gay fund raisers, worked out a lot more, had sex with random people and tried to like the music. But I never fit in. Fast forward 15 years and I live in a small city with my partner and our dog and have lots of different kinds of friends. I do love the wit and creativity that is so abundant with my gay friends. I treasure that,

by Anonymousreply 357July 12, 2023 5:49 PM

[quote] Fast forward 15 years and I live in a small city with my partner and our dog and have lots of different kinds of friends.

This is…..extremely usual and normal for a gay man? Are you claiming uniqueness because….you have a partner and a dog and you live upstate? 😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 358July 12, 2023 5:53 PM

Modern gay themed movies and TV shows.

1. 95% are set in NYC, Los Angeles, San Francisco or Miami.

2. All the men are handsome with great bodies.

3. All men have successful careers and money.

4. All men have beautiful houses and apartments.

5. Mostly, men are single and are looking for love.

6. A straight couple who are close friends.

7. The obligatory woman who hangs out with gays.

8. There are no old people, no ugly people, no fat people (except female friends), no poor people, no handicapped people.

9. A man finds love with another man who is exactly like himself. They live happily ever after.

by Anonymousreply 359July 12, 2023 6:12 PM

[quote] Harnasses are just a form of drag.

r351 Agreed. Nothing as cringe as flaunting bottom culture. The Castro Street clones in leather were always the biggest ladies.

by Anonymousreply 360July 12, 2023 6:17 PM

R358 I don't claim uniqueness . I said I march to the beat of my own drum as compared to popular gay culture. My old crowd is still doing that same stuff in NYC and CHI, it's just not for me. I don't know what upstate you are referring to. I don't live in upstate or anywhere near NYC or Chicago. Thank God.

by Anonymousreply 361July 12, 2023 6:20 PM

I don't begrudge most gay men their pleasures and passions, but I just don't get most of it. I can't imagine spending valuable time on anything Andy Cohen related, and a little RPDR goes a long, long way.

I've learned over the years that a shared interest in cock does not necessarily equate to shared interests in other areas.

by Anonymousreply 362July 12, 2023 6:24 PM

R359 You're not wrong, but that's also most straight couple love stories as well.

Switch out "two men that look alike" with "girl finds a guy who looks like he could be her brother" and it's pretty much the same.

by Anonymousreply 363July 12, 2023 6:26 PM

[quote] I said I march to the beat of my own drum as compared to popular gay culture.

Oh please R361. Claiming you’re distinct from “popular gay culture” is in itself a form of popular gay culture. You’re here…on a gay site, agreeing with another 100+ gay men that none of you ‘really fit it’ or ‘are interested in gay music and drag’. This kind of faux outsider thing (as a form of doing the kind of “I’m not like other girls” phenomenon (google it)) has always been a kind of piece in the puzzle of gay culture itself.

by Anonymousreply 364July 12, 2023 6:26 PM

Drag.

FAAABBULOUSSS!

YAAASSSS-Queens

Obsession with fashion and divas.

Any of that over-the-top, attention-whoring, sing-songy stuff. Can't relate to it at all. And a little goes a long way (it gets grating really quickly).

But mostly, the bitchy-cattiness. Like, we have the whole world being shitty to us, why are we being so shitty to each other.

by Anonymousreply 365August 1, 2023 10:49 PM

Why you people are so obnoxious about my simple declaration of my personal truth.

by Anonymousreply 366August 1, 2023 10:59 PM

My partner.

He can go fuck himself.

by Anonymousreply 367August 1, 2023 11:02 PM

Drag queens

Being categorized with trans

by Anonymousreply 368August 1, 2023 11:18 PM

Harnesses are "things about gay life"?? Op, it sounds like you're getting your ideas of "gay life" from Ben Shapiro.

Some straight people wear harnesses too, just sas some gay people do. And in neither case is it something that most gays nor most straights do.

by Anonymousreply 369August 1, 2023 11:24 PM

[quote]Harnasses are just a form of drag

Putting on a harness is a form of dressing like someone of the opposite sex?

by Anonymousreply 370August 2, 2023 12:09 AM

Drag isn't just about dressing like the opposite sex, R370. It's about putting on a "costume".

by Anonymousreply 371August 2, 2023 12:13 AM

Tuesday with my pussy

by Anonymousreply 372August 2, 2023 1:08 AM

Fisting and foot fucking my rosebud

by Anonymousreply 373August 2, 2023 1:10 AM

Log Cabin Republicants

by Anonymousreply 374August 2, 2023 1:39 AM

Amen, R374. Amen.

by Anonymousreply 375August 2, 2023 1:42 AM

Extreme gay voice like Jonathan Van Ness. He overdoes it.

by Anonymousreply 376August 2, 2023 1:46 AM

Bump...

by Anonymousreply 377August 2, 2023 1:49 AM

Bump...

by Anonymousreply 378August 2, 2023 1:49 AM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 379August 2, 2023 1:52 AM

Doing all those bumps.

by Anonymousreply 380August 2, 2023 2:39 AM

Bump...

by Anonymousreply 381August 2, 2023 9:19 AM

I don't want to do the bump with no big fat woman.

by Anonymousreply 382August 6, 2023 4:04 PM

[quote] Drag queens Being categorized with trans

r368 Oh c'mon drag is trans lite and we all know it!

by Anonymousreply 383August 6, 2023 4:14 PM

R364 Sorry you aren't special and are clearly miserable with whatever life you have. I love my life. It may not adhere to your clearly defined labels. We do our own thing. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Now run along. Surely you are needed elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 384August 6, 2023 6:49 PM

Being called Queer!

No Bitch, I am a "DGWM" divorced Gay white man, not Queer. You keep that up and I'm gonna have to punch you in the brain.

by Anonymousreply 385August 6, 2023 6:51 PM

Musical theatre

Divas

Drag

Fag hags

Women-centered comedies and dramas

Kitsch taste

Excessive attention to pop culture

Highly mannered forms of dress and speech

by Anonymousreply 386August 6, 2023 7:06 PM

The incessant, never-ending, continuous nipple-tweaking some people seem to be into. They then want you to fondle their nipples non-stop. It's exhausting, and at some point, it feels ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 387August 6, 2023 7:12 PM

The harnesses suggest someone just heroically parachuted into the party

by Anonymousreply 388August 6, 2023 7:19 PM

I'm the provincial aging gay man who has enjoyed three decades of extremely vanilla sex and frottage, who can't possibly fathom the "function" of even the most innocuous and obvious sexual fetish gear, let alone countenance that it might be fleetingly exciting, fun, or enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 389August 6, 2023 7:25 PM

R384 girl you’re about as special as every other loser here whinging about harnesses lol.

by Anonymousreply 390August 6, 2023 7:58 PM

I guess we don't all need two fists up our assholes to feel something.

by Anonymousreply 391August 6, 2023 9:14 PM

By all means, getting off via a silly fetish leads quickly and inevitably to double fisting, colon perforations, and adult diapers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392August 6, 2023 9:34 PM

The fact that so many gay men stubbornly insist on behaving and speaking like stupid, cuntish 14-year-old mean girls and look down on anyone who doesn't, because they think that this makes them funny, sophisticated and fabulous. Sadly, they seem to be too immature, unintelligent and lacking in self-awareness to realize that it just makes them pathetic grown men who choose to go about life behaving like insufferable little bitches.

The fact that just as many gay men will accuse any gay man who is effeminate of being a disgusting freak that is to blame for homophobia (in spite of the fact that they are themselves just a couple of semitones away from sounding like Cyndi Lauper), only to then turn around and accuse any gay man who is naturally masculine of being self-hating, deeply closeted and engaging in performative toxic masculinity.

The fact that many gay men will angrily complain about how shallow, hostile and isolating mainstream gay culture is, but will then engage in the sort of cliquey, transactional, exploitative, pathologically superficial behaviour that they constantly denounce. They are the same gay men who will loudly complain about the fact that extremely hot guys are not nice to them and won't fuck them, but will then turn around and be downright evil to anyone they consider to be less than a 9 - all of this in spite of the fact that they themselves are 6s at best.

by Anonymousreply 393August 6, 2023 9:54 PM

Anal sex, giving or receiving.

by Anonymousreply 394August 6, 2023 9:59 PM

The admiration for Gay4Payers. And even worse that they admire the fact they bang men but still want to shove to your faces that they are still "straight" men by getting married or having kids. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 395August 6, 2023 10:02 PM

R350, You whine about what a stupid thread this is yet you drag it back into circulation from October of 2022 where it had died a quiet death.

You're an ass but you already know this.

Grease fires were created with you in mind.

by Anonymousreply 396August 6, 2023 10:16 PM

[quote]The incessant, never-ending, continuous nipple-tweaking some people seem to be into. They then want you to fondle their nipples non-stop. It's exhausting, and at some point, it feels ridiculous.

R387 Some guys are wired up with extremely sensitive nipples, a few can actually come just from nipple play. Myself I got the poverty pack nipples, they arent even connected, but for those that got the Premium deluxe nipples I am quite happy to oblige them, it makes it easier for me to get them off so its a win win as far as I'm concerned

by Anonymousreply 397August 7, 2023 1:45 AM

[quote]Myself I got the poverty pack nipples, they arent even connected

Ditto. I can't say it does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for me, but it does so little it's not really worth it. It might feel okay for a few seconds, but after that it's just boring.

by Anonymousreply 398August 7, 2023 3:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!