Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cafe’: What coffee do you drink?

I need a French roast (whole bean) coffee to be delivered to my home? What do you recommend?

I like Carmel and chocolate notes.

by Anonymousreply 23October 2, 2022 9:15 AM

I like caramel and chocolate notes.

French Roast

Whole Bean

What coffee should I try, need online/delivery?

by Anonymousreply 1October 1, 2022 3:46 AM

anyone use Amazon to have your whole beans delivered? I ordered from a good coffee company thru Amazon, and they were old and disgusting. Anyone else had problems with Amazon with coffee? Or maybe they have something good? I am batting zero with amazon.

by Anonymousreply 2October 1, 2022 3:49 AM

Why have the real thing when a powdered abomination of "international" flavor is right there in the same aisle?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 1, 2022 3:50 AM

Carmel is a place in California.

by Anonymousreply 4October 1, 2022 3:52 AM

cafe latte, extra hot

by Anonymousreply 5October 1, 2022 5:50 AM

Nespresso- always delicious!

by Anonymousreply 6October 1, 2022 6:02 AM

Folgers Half Caff

by Anonymousreply 7October 1, 2022 6:12 AM

cafe au lait

by Anonymousreply 8October 1, 2022 6:16 AM

Ipoh white coffee/Malaysian white coffee, you might be able to find the instant coffee bags in Asian supermarket or online.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 1, 2022 6:28 AM

Nespresso pods, mostly Starbucks but I also like the decaf pods from Target (Good and Gather)

Instant coffee (Starbucks, The Frozen Bean Latte Mix, Super White Coffee and Creamer)

Bagged beans, I usually stock up Thanksgiving and Christmas Beans, they are not in the store yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 1, 2022 7:14 AM

Whenever I want to treat myself to some good beans I order from Philz coffee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 1, 2022 7:18 AM

Skim flat white, please.

by Anonymousreply 12October 1, 2022 7:50 AM

OP how do you prepare your coffee?

by Anonymousreply 13October 1, 2022 6:41 PM

I'm the ultimate kitchen gadget queen, so I have about seven or eight different coffeemakers. Everything from Senseo (pods), Keurig, regular, drip, percolator, etc. Recently I bought a machine that has a separate kettle that just heats the water and then you pour it over ground coffee (like in a regular pour over device. I guess I'm not enough of a connoisseur to be able to determine if there's any noticeable improvement over any of the other methods, and it's unbearably slow. Plus the carafe does not sit on a warmer so I'm constantly having to microwave the finished coffee to make it drinkable. I think I'm going back to Keurig. It's fast and you can get lots of different types of coffees.

by Anonymousreply 14October 1, 2022 6:46 PM

Moka pot, freshly ground dark roast coffee beans....

If want more than a few cups then will use vacuum/siphon coffee maker,

My day is totally fucked if morning coffee is screwed up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 1, 2022 7:11 PM

R14 Keurig is dripping coffee maker, it can't make espresso shot, try Nespresso for the beginners!

by Anonymousreply 16October 1, 2022 7:18 PM

Keurig machines like most other automatic coffeemakers sold in USA for decades has same problem; does not heat water hot enough to make decent brew.

Was gifted a Keurig machine by people moving house a few years ago. Don't really like the thing but if want one cup quickly and don't want to bother with clean up mess....

However will do same as with my moka pot; preheat water (ok boil) in kettle on range, measure and pour out water into Keurig, then let it brew. That way at least get "hot" something. Still cannot call it the best brew, but will do in pinch.

by Anonymousreply 17October 1, 2022 7:33 PM

Kpods. French roast.

by Anonymousreply 18October 1, 2022 11:52 PM

I only drink Americanos and have a traditional pump espresso machine by Delonghi. I grind my own espresso beans using a burr grinder (the grinder is important, and burr is what is recommended for espresso beans). I add a cup of hot water and a bit of light cream to a double shot of espresso, and it's heaven. I can't go back to filtered coffee now.

Recently I tried Kicking Horse espresso coffee. It's a bit pricey but the taste is far superior to anything I've tried before. It has very prevalent chocolate notes. It's a dark, oily bean and it's delicious. Amazon has it and I bought it from there, it was very fresh, no issues.

by Anonymousreply 19October 2, 2022 12:05 AM

What model espresso machine do you have R19?

by Anonymousreply 20October 2, 2022 12:17 AM

R19 their Kick Ass beans are pretty good in a press as well. Bit pricey but I can often find it on sale.

by Anonymousreply 21October 2, 2022 6:44 AM

I only order model espresso beans.

by Anonymousreply 22October 2, 2022 8:49 AM

3 shot soy flat white.

I get my beans from a local company, and I have my own espresso machine (Breville). Life's too short for shit coffee.

by Anonymousreply 23October 2, 2022 9:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!