Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Short men

The worst sin any man could commit is being short. Studies (which I'm not citing here) have shown they make less money, have lower social status, fewer friends, and fewer dates, than tall men. Because of this, they tend to be bitter and angry--which makes them even more obnoxious than they already were. Shortness is so unattractive to women, they'd rather have sex with a tall murderer, than a short man with perfect morals. To be born a straight short man, is to be born cursed.

Do short gay men experience any of this? Since they're not dating women, does being short matter? Or does it depend on whether they're tops or bottoms? What about friends/career? Any similarity to short straight men's life experience?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158January 17, 2024 4:12 AM

"Because of this, they tend to be bitter and angry--which makes them even more obnoxious than they already were. "

Is this in your uncited studies or did you pull this straight out of your putrid ass?

by Anonymousreply 1September 30, 2022 6:45 PM

I love short guys…I’m 6’1” and everything fits better with different sizes. 5’2” would be ideal for me.

by Anonymousreply 2September 30, 2022 6:51 PM

You have a warped perception of reality, OP.

You must be The Short Troll we've seen stinking up many, MANY threads.

Get help.

by Anonymousreply 3September 30, 2022 6:52 PM

I'm 6 feet but sometimes I wear 1 and 3/4 inch lifts and with the right shoe that puts me at almost 6' 2&1/2". I'll wear them to work. And nobody can really tell because the difference between 6' and 6'2" isn't huge (and nobody is carrying around a tape measure!) so they just think I'm tall or maybe have a shoe with a thick heel.

But I like it! I get why women wear sky high stilettos.

by Anonymousreply 4September 30, 2022 7:12 PM

R4 there is something pathetic about you but who am I to say, really.

by Anonymousreply 5September 30, 2022 7:13 PM

I just love me a pocket gay!

by Anonymousreply 6September 30, 2022 7:20 PM

I love my skinny with a big Italian dick 5’4” MAN. He throws me around, he’s totally confident. Hot.

by Anonymousreply 7September 30, 2022 7:23 PM

[quote][R4] there is something pathetic about you but who am I to say, really.

Aw, thank you, 4'11" micropenis poster! 🤗

by Anonymousreply 8September 30, 2022 7:36 PM

[quote]nobody can really tell.

Yes, delusional R4, everyone can tell, just like they can with Kim Jong Un and the diapered overlord Trump. And, yes, they're all mocking you behind your back, wondering if you REALLY actually think that no-one knows. I imagine your hair and eyebrows turn jet-black once a month, as well?

by Anonymousreply 9September 30, 2022 7:41 PM

i LOVE getting topped by short men. they have so much bent up anger and frustration at not being taken serious, I LOVE how they just throw themselves into the fuck

by Anonymousreply 10September 30, 2022 7:44 PM

I’m 5’8, the tall side of short. I do notice that, when I wear my boots, which give me about 1-2 more inches, way more guys cruise me

by Anonymousreply 11September 30, 2022 7:48 PM

I love really short men, especially if they're husky. Sometimes they have much nicer butts than tall guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 30, 2022 7:52 PM

[quote] Studies (which I'm not citing here) have shown they make less money

In show business, at least, some of the of the most successful and tyrannical men are tiny.

by Anonymousreply 13September 30, 2022 7:54 PM

R12 is shaped like Cotton Hill. Did he get his shins shot off too?

by Anonymousreply 14September 30, 2022 7:57 PM

OP is Stewie Griffin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 30, 2022 8:04 PM

^^Blown off in that massive propane explosion^^

by Anonymousreply 16September 30, 2022 8:12 PM

same here, R12

by Anonymousreply 17October 1, 2022 2:09 AM

Gay short men aren't effected by this phenomenon, at least when it comes to friends and lovers. Low social status due to height doesn't bother gay men, because they already have low social status for being gay, and bottoms actually prefer low social status. As for career/financial life, I don't know .

by Anonymousreply 18October 1, 2022 2:10 AM

Being tall has not been a particular advantage as a gay man. Sometimes I feel that short or average height gay men prefer to hang out with same-sized guys. Gay social cliques tend to exclude tall guys in the same way they do fat guys.

Being tall has been an advantage professionally and in other non-gay social situations.

by Anonymousreply 19October 1, 2022 2:16 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 20October 1, 2022 2:20 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 21October 1, 2022 2:21 AM

Short here, no issues with getting guys, short, tall. The older I get, the desired I become (by younger guys).

by Anonymousreply 22October 1, 2022 2:23 AM

*more desired

by Anonymousreply 23October 1, 2022 2:23 AM

If a man can sleep in a pillowcase. That is considered short.

by Anonymousreply 24October 1, 2022 2:28 AM

Short guys can get popping muscle beach bodies in no time. Tall guys have to work at it for years and years.

by Anonymousreply 25October 1, 2022 2:35 AM

Short guys, also, have more proportioned bodies.

by Anonymousreply 26October 1, 2022 2:37 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 27October 1, 2022 2:38 AM

Short guys also get fat just as easily as they put on muscle. Tall guys can carry an extra twenty pounds without it really showing.

by Anonymousreply 28October 1, 2022 2:43 AM

I haven't been with a man since 1982 (I'm lesbian maybe bi). When I did date men I preferred shorter guys, I'm 5'3".

My brother is 5'2.5" and hasn't had a lot of luck with his love life, but I think it's his personality. He's introverted and socially awkward. I think for a while he would have fallen into the incel territory.

by Anonymousreply 29October 1, 2022 2:50 AM

I worked with a principal at an elementary school who was the worst principal that I ever worked with. He was vindictive and awful to the staff and had no qualms about embarrassing you in front of people. He would report you to your supervisor at the drop of a hat and was also a prick to talk to on the phone. He was a short man and people said that he had short man's issues. Everybody hated him and I eventually left the school because of him.

by Anonymousreply 30October 1, 2022 3:12 AM

R30 The stereotype is that short guys have a 'chip on their shoulder', or a 'Napoleon complex' from being belittled, or dismissed by others because of their short stature. It's obviously harder for straight guys to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 31October 1, 2022 7:12 PM

A lot of these social science studies are just pointless shit stirring designed to provoke resentment. I've met plenty of successful and well adjusted short men. Tall guys do have certain advantages but it's no tragedy for a man to be short.

by Anonymousreply 32October 1, 2022 7:20 PM

Short guys who behave like tall guys: Danny DeVito, Daniel Radcliffe. Short guys who behave like short guys: Joe Rogan, Tammy Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 33October 1, 2022 7:23 PM

Tall guys who behave like short guys: Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby, Ezra Miller, Steven Crowder, Jordan Peterson, Marilyn Manson, Tucker Carlson, Chevy Chase, etc. etc.

by Anonymousreply 34October 1, 2022 7:40 PM

So short guys are rapists and unscrupulous? ^

by Anonymousreply 35October 1, 2022 7:48 PM

Also, I eat shit!

by Anonymousreply 36October 1, 2022 7:55 PM

I’m more interested in width than height.

by Anonymousreply 37October 1, 2022 8:02 PM

If only everyone was exactly the same.

by Anonymousreply 38October 1, 2022 8:21 PM

At 5’8” I’m the tallest one in my immediate family. So I’ve always felt like a willowy, long drink of water.

by Anonymousreply 39October 1, 2022 9:18 PM

No, R35. I’m just showing examples of how the “angry, belligerent short guy” tropes are ridiculous. There is NO correlation to height and bullying behavior. A complex mix of psychology, genetics, temperament, and upbringing created each entitled asshole, be they short, tall, or in-between (for instance, Alex Jones who is neither short or tall — just wide.)

by Anonymousreply 40October 1, 2022 9:44 PM

As long as they have muscle/aren't scrawny and don't have horrible personalities, short guys straight and gay seem to have game from what I've seen. Gays who are short and waify even have those who find them irresistible!

Now, a waify, short straight man or a straight, short man who is a bitter little bitch? No, those guys do not seem to be in great demand with the ladies. I suppose they would be the equivalent of attraction to a straight woman that a straight man would feel towards a morbidly obese straight woman or a constantly raging lady who loves to belittle people for fun.

by Anonymousreply 41October 1, 2022 10:02 PM

Adorable tiny twinks don't age well.

by Anonymousreply 42October 1, 2022 10:03 PM

Short hung Italian / Greek / Portuguese construction worker types are the hottest.

by Anonymousreply 43October 1, 2022 11:48 PM

Totally different for gay men. Short men often have better proportions and can have better bodies. Tall gay men often like a short hot bottom.

Agree short straight men have it rough.

by Anonymousreply 44October 1, 2022 11:58 PM

[quote] I've met plenty of successful and well adjusted short men. Tall guys do have certain advantages but it's no tragedy for a man to be short.

Only in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 45October 2, 2022 12:32 AM

Studies (which I'm not citing here) have shown I’m 6’2”and the hottest biyatch in the universe! WOOOOOO!!!!

by Anonymousreply 46October 2, 2022 12:34 AM

[quote]Massive New Study Confirms Being Tall Puts You at Risk of a Bunch of Diseases

Is that why the Dutch have such short life span?

by Anonymousreply 47October 2, 2022 12:47 AM

R42 AHEM

by Anonymousreply 48October 2, 2022 12:56 AM

Sorry, but I love being tall...and, yes, I am proportional all over. 🤷‍♂️🍆

by Anonymousreply 49October 2, 2022 12:58 AM

BTW, in the OP’s link, that’s Ben Shapiro on the left and what Ben Shapiro thinks Ben Shapiro looks like on the right.

by Anonymousreply 50October 2, 2022 1:03 AM

I'm 5'4" here, 130 lbs 30w Italian, I hike and bike most everyday, swim all summer, very active and physically fit. As a "vertically challenged" sgwm. I find taller men like smaller guys, and I appreciate the love and attention, I've never had a problem. I'm generally shy and quiet, but the other guy usually approaches me first, I never make the first move, or say the first word. If they're polite and have a nice Face, conversational with a sense of humor, relaxed interaction. They approach me, strike up a conversation, and then go from there. Men my size are cool too, but overall, I like climbing all over a tall man, feeling the weight of his large frame on top of me, hot makout sessions, then he can impale me. Taller guys are the ones who approach me the most. But at 5'4", most everyone is taller than me anyway... :-)

by Anonymousreply 51October 2, 2022 1:42 AM

R51 has a teeny weeny.

by Anonymousreply 52October 2, 2022 1:46 AM

Gangly is the man over 6’4”.

by Anonymousreply 53October 2, 2022 1:58 AM

[quote] They make less money, have lower social status, fewer friends, and fewer dates, than tall men. Because of this, they tend to be bitter and angry--which makes them even more obnoxious than they already were. Shortness is so unattractive to women, they'd rather have sex with a tall murderer, than a short man.

For OP's consideration--his late, great, Royal Badness, Prince Rogers Nelson, a Short King (5ft. 2 or 3, depending on who you talked to, which is several inches shorter than the average and ideal American male) who crushed more pussy than most straight men could ever dream of attaining. Women loved him even more than he loved women, and that was a lot. And he was far from bitter, or friendless, or poor. He died rich and beloved by so many.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 2, 2022 1:59 AM

Short bodybuilder Tim Terwilliger has an amazing ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 2, 2022 2:30 AM

A cap of Tim Terwilliger from an awesome video (wish I still had it) where he was dancing around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 2, 2022 2:32 AM

Fuck man, what a treat!

by Anonymousreply 57October 2, 2022 2:35 AM

Stupid thread from stupid people

by Anonymousreply 58October 2, 2022 2:39 AM

I’m 5’6”. Height has never been an issue when it comes to guys. If I was straight, I have no doubt it would be a problem though. I’ve had so many straight female friends—including short ones—insist they need a tall guy. One friend is 5’7” and wants to be able to wear three inch heels and then still have the guy be three inches taller than her. That means she needs a guy who’s over six feet tall, despite the average height for men being only 5’9”. Needless to say she’s almost 43 and hasn’t had a real boyfriend in over 15 years.

As for career, it’s hard to say. I also look young for my age, which I think has hurt me professionally more than my height. But my partner is 10 years younger, so it’s helped in my personal life at least.

by Anonymousreply 59October 2, 2022 2:45 AM

The vast majority of women don't give a fuck about height and would date a short guy who's nice over a tall guy who's a cunt, R20. Gay men are given a pass on misogyny and racism for some reason so we can hardly talk..

by Anonymousreply 60October 2, 2022 2:48 AM

My neighbors are mid-level millennials. Both are successful and good-looking. She’s at least 6’2”. He’s a muscular 5’8”.

They seem happy

by Anonymousreply 61October 2, 2022 2:50 AM

Studies have shown that Zelensky is hot.

by Anonymousreply 62October 2, 2022 2:51 AM

One of my most favorite fucks was 5'2 1/4. Bless his heart,he always added the 1/4 . But he was built like a frigging tank. His cock was about average length wise,but so fat it was almost ridiculous. I used to die when he'd throw my legs on his shoulders,then bend over and chew on my tits while he was fucking me. Sheer bliss.

by Anonymousreply 63October 2, 2022 2:54 AM

It’s the attitude that I love

by Anonymousreply 64October 2, 2022 2:56 AM

Good questions, OP. I'm a pocket gay lol I actually might be one of the shortest guys on here 😆 I'm 5'4 and since ppl presume I'm straight, I have noticed females in particular who are taller or towering over me pretty much let me know that they weren't intetested (even though I wasn't either lol). I started off dating girls, so it wasn't a problem then because I just dated the ones who showed interest in me first (some were taller; some wouldn't look my way back then either, especially if their height was significantly greater than mine or if they preferred the tall guys).

In the gay scene, I've always been verse so when it came to tops, I rarely ran into any who had a problem with my height. I had some here and there who told me that preferred taller guys or I was too short for them, which I didn't take any offense too. I got more rejection from bottom guys who told me flat out they prefer tall guys, although some were still interested in me. I think gay men are more lenient when it comes to height than women are, however I am noticing that more are becoming more selective when it comes to height, in my experience. If a short guy is rich, I've heard of women being with them still even though they'd rather have someone tall, and some will also.mkw exceptions if he's really cute. I see that there's hope for me based off this thread lol since ww shrink as we get older I'm almost at your ideal height R2 😆

by Anonymousreply 65October 2, 2022 3:10 AM

Francisco Franco — look at him compared to that man to his right!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 2, 2022 3:14 AM

[quote]Gay men are given a pass on misogyny and racism for some reason so we can hardly talk..

No. Straight men are.

What's annoying is when people say "men" they mean straight men and then they have to speak about "gays" like we're a different species. Gay men are blamed for everything.

by Anonymousreply 67October 2, 2022 4:30 AM

I'm biased. I like anything taller than me. Short men are a boner killer. The Napolean Syndrome is real, too.

His supposedly small stature and fiery temper has inspired the term the Napoleon Complex, a popular belief that short men tend to compensate for their lack of height through domineering behavior and aggression.

by Anonymousreply 68October 2, 2022 5:10 AM

Two words. Shoe lifts.

by Anonymousreply 69October 2, 2022 5:12 AM

Napoleon syndrome is a myth that was crafted by his haters who described him as being around 5’2”, but he was actually 5’6” — the height of the average Frenchman born in the late 1700s. On the other hand, Vladimir Putin, at 5’7”, is a midget compared to contemporary Russian males, so maybe we should rename it “Putin Syndrome.”

by Anonymousreply 70October 2, 2022 5:29 AM

Ooh, wait — my bad. The average height of an American male is 5’ 9” while the average height of Russian men is a mere 5’ 5”. Well, THAT explains a lot.

by Anonymousreply 71October 2, 2022 5:35 AM

I saw a gay dwarf on Twitter. I think he even had an OF. It was interesting. Surprisingly big dick for such a small guy, though he bottomed more, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 72October 2, 2022 5:55 AM

His dick just looked bigger because he was a dwarf.

by Anonymousreply 73October 2, 2022 6:08 AM

5'5", and stocky. As a teen-ager, I hated my height, I always wanted to be taller. After I came out, I was hit on by different types of men, and I forgot about my height.

by Anonymousreply 74October 2, 2022 6:51 AM

I'm 6'1" and always preferred short guys.

About 5'4" to 5'6" is just right.

by Anonymousreply 75October 2, 2022 7:11 AM

Short bald men are the nastiest people on earth.

by Anonymousreply 76October 2, 2022 7:16 AM

If you're a straight man looking to get laid being short is a death knell, it's truly like being an old or ugly straight woman who wants a relationship. But I haven't found short men to have any better or worse personalities, just more extreme.

I've noticed a lot of CEOs are tall though,I'm sure being short effects professional opportunities. I have a theory that's a reason why women aren't promoted as much as men. Because they are physically smaller, they tend not to be taken as seriously.

by Anonymousreply 77October 2, 2022 7:19 AM

Height doesn’t matter to me. I’m not shallow unless they’re old, fat, ugly and poor.

by Anonymousreply 78October 2, 2022 7:36 AM

Gay man here. I was 5'8" most of my adulthood. Men can lose an inch in height between 30 and 70. I'm mid-50s now and down to 5'7" in height. I always wanted to be a bit taller but never obsessed over it. My brother was 5'11" but he's down to about 5'10" now. I'd have taken 5'10" but I got stopped two inches short--no pun intended.

I'm a bottom. Most tops I've met want to be with a guy who is shorter than they are. My current partner is 6' even. My ex was 6'2". They both like shorter guys. When I was single I frequently dated men who were in the 6'3" to 6'4" range, and one guy who was 6'6". I do prefer tall guys, but I wasn't exclusive about it. I was with a few guys who were around my height or a little shorter. But wee men, like 5'5" or shorter, I'm just not attracted to. I just think we all have our preferences.

Short straight men can have the Napoleon syndrome or something akin to it. There was a guy I went all the way through high school with who had this. Always overcompensating. He was about 5'5" tall. Somehow he always had the prettiest girlfriends and was probably the most popular kid in school. I never got all the love for him. He wasn't even very good looking but somehow was named best looking in our class, when there were at least a dozen or more guys who were way better looking. I always found him to be an interesting case study.

by Anonymousreply 79October 2, 2022 8:10 AM

^Forgot to add that my height has never hindered my career or any other aspect of my life. I played tennis competitively at the recreational level (my USTA rating was a 4.5) and beat tall guys all the time and had a winning record. I was #1 at my club's tennis league and won tournaments until a back injury forced me to stop playing. I just can't imagine letting my height hold me back.

by Anonymousreply 80October 2, 2022 8:19 AM

Here is the one I was talking about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81October 2, 2022 11:13 AM

[quote] If a short guy is rich, I've heard of women being with them still even though they'd rather have someone tall, and some will also make exceptions if he's really cute.

Many straight women favour financial stability and nice facial features and/or personality over other physical attributes in a male partner. More at eleven.

by Anonymousreply 82October 2, 2022 12:15 PM

I had a short bf once...he was 3 petals tall but with the largest and kindest heart. One day I wanted to show him the stars so I put him in my palm and raised him with my hands ever so carefully upward...the wind took him and I never saw him again 💔

by Anonymousreply 83October 2, 2022 12:31 PM

I have two words for you OP - Volodymyr Zelensky.

by Anonymousreply 84October 2, 2022 1:13 PM

LOVE that cocky attitude

by Anonymousreply 85October 2, 2022 2:08 PM

Sing it, sister! 🎵

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86October 2, 2022 2:48 PM

I posted earlier in this thread about my hot 5’4” boyfriend. He is a musician and singer. Great performer. Lots of confidence. But he did tell me that in high school, when he tried to date girls, he felt undateable. Always friend zoned and secretly relieved about it.

by Anonymousreply 87October 2, 2022 10:52 PM

Rubens Leal from Marcostudio is very short, but he has one of the greatest butts I've ever seen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88October 3, 2022 1:50 AM

I'd rather date a tall murderer, too.

by Anonymousreply 89October 3, 2022 2:31 AM

I was six, three at thirteen. I had a series of short, bald teachers in high school, each who loathed me, even my friends picked up on it. Sucks to be short.

by Anonymousreply 90October 3, 2022 4:32 PM

for the gays

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91October 5, 2022 3:11 PM

Short men make great bottoms

by Anonymousreply 92October 9, 2022 12:15 PM

Compare yourself to others (as if you don't do enough of that already).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93October 9, 2022 12:55 PM

time to measure up

by Anonymousreply 94October 9, 2022 1:41 PM

I'm 5 foot 2, so to me almost every man is tall.

by Anonymousreply 95October 9, 2022 4:20 PM

I'm 5’7”. I don't like being around tall men.

by Anonymousreply 96October 9, 2022 4:31 PM

Love Danny DeVito. Don't love James Comey.

by Anonymousreply 97October 9, 2022 6:08 PM

I just passed a short bearded hetero man on the street and couldn't keep my eyes off him. "Throw him around like a rag doll" was the expression in my head.

by Anonymousreply 98October 9, 2022 7:07 PM

I love the trendoid bearded shorties

by Anonymousreply 99October 10, 2022 11:47 AM

I've been saying I'm 5'8 for years and was crushed when my doctor measured me at just barely 5'7. Ugh. I think I went with a measurement when I had some boots on years ago.

by Anonymousreply 100October 10, 2022 12:50 PM

5'6" is an ideal height

by Anonymousreply 101October 10, 2022 12:54 PM

I use metric measurements to appear taller.

by Anonymousreply 102October 10, 2022 12:58 PM

I recently met a guy who would be so hot if he were taller. Unfortunately, he was only 5’0”…5’2” at the most.

by Anonymousreply 103October 10, 2022 1:05 PM

When you're 6'5". having a very short partner with a flat head allows you to place your beer can on top while he blows you. Livin' the life!

by Anonymousreply 104October 10, 2022 1:11 PM

You’ve got to hand it to short guys…

…because they can’t reach it for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 105October 10, 2022 4:27 PM

Shorties have moxie!

by Anonymousreply 106October 11, 2022 6:21 PM

I'll try to name them all: Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sneezey, Stumpey and Wheezey. Wait, that's eight.

by Anonymousreply 107October 11, 2022 11:37 PM

Diego Arnary = occasional nude model

Tom Burgess = rugby league footballer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108April 15, 2023 9:07 AM

The most true advice that my mother gave me? "Short men have problems."

by Anonymousreply 109April 15, 2023 11:04 AM

I love short muscle guys

by Anonymousreply 110January 16, 2024 1:27 PM

I’m 6 ft, though may have shrunk an inch, and I love short guys.

There used to be a saying ‘little gets bigger with every drink’, but I haven’t heard that in years.

by Anonymousreply 111January 16, 2024 3:47 PM

[quote] Studies (which I'm not citing here) have shown

Put up or shut up.

by Anonymousreply 112January 16, 2024 4:04 PM

I’m almost 6 feet (but I might have shrunk a little). One of my first boyfriends was definitely a pocket gay, 5’4”, and a muscular, bearded, hot little fuck. The sex was great and I really liked him a lot, but he got transferred to another city and we weren’t serious enough for me to relocate. We have kept in touch over the 20+ years, and he is happily partnered with another cute shortie. If we were both single (I have a 5’9” husband) I still totally would.

by Anonymousreply 113January 16, 2024 4:07 PM

I like short guys, too. The greatest sin for men is baldness followed by being fat.

by Anonymousreply 114January 16, 2024 4:08 PM

I'm tall. Grew to 6'2" in my teens. I've always hated it. Always looking down at people. I much prefer shorter guys. I think pocket gay in the gay world is an advantage. Being tall not so much. Also shorter guys have bigger dicks the opposite of what people think. I'd rather have a great love life than a great career.

Maybe it's different for heterosexuals but I wouldn't know.

by Anonymousreply 115January 16, 2024 4:08 PM

I have a thing for short men... hairy short men built like a fire plug. ooof, just something about them!

Currently, my favorite is British ex-gymanst Ash Watson.

I hope the video below opens and plays for you. Bonus points because ash is shirtless!

I think Watson's adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116January 16, 2024 4:24 PM

[quote]I’m 5’8, the tall side of short. I do notice that, when I wear my boots, which give me about 1-2 more inches, way more guys cruise me

R11 Same here, I'm a tall dwarf too. Basically average in all respects, I do OK. Being fit/slim counts for far more in the gay world than height in my experience

[quote]Short guys also get fat just as easily as they put on muscle. Tall guys can carry an extra twenty pounds without it really showing.

R28 Very true, I have to be careful about diet and exercise

[quote]The greatest sin for men is baldness followed by being fat.

R114 Other way round by far

R51 you sound hot! I marginally prefer taller guys but that isnt a strong preference , and a fit guy is always going to be attractive regardless of height

by Anonymousreply 117January 16, 2024 4:25 PM

No! Short guys kick ass. Hot little pieces!

by Anonymousreply 118January 16, 2024 4:30 PM

"Little men make me want to laugh."

--Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar

by Anonymousreply 119January 16, 2024 4:37 PM

I'm short and so glad I don't have to deal with dating straight women. Watch literally any dating show and without fail the woman will list "tall" as one of the main things she wants in a man. And the matchmakers, friends, and family never say a word. Can you imagine if a man went on a dating show and insisted the woman needed to be skinny or have double Ds? They'd get raked over the coals. But women get to be openly shallow or discriminatory about short men and no one says a word.

A couple of years ago, someone actually paid to skywrite "Joe Rogan is literally 5 foot 3" over LA and no one said a word about it either. Can you imagine the outrage if someone wrote "Chrissy Metz is literally 900 pounds?" People would be rioting in the streets. These days you can't criticize someone for being overweight because that's body shaming. You can't criticize them for dressing provocatively because that's slut shaming. You can't criticize ther bagging groceries for a living because that's job shaming. But you can shit on someone for being short and nobody blinks an eye.

by Anonymousreply 120January 16, 2024 4:40 PM

More tears shed over answered prayers than unanswered ones. With luck/status comes a world of responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 121January 16, 2024 4:44 PM

I have a dream of being taller!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122January 16, 2024 4:47 PM

[quote] Can you imagine the outrage if someone wrote "Chrissy Metz is literally 900 pounds?" People would be rioting in the streets.

There's so much hyperbole in this, Mary.

First of all, Chrissy Metz is not literally 900 lbs.

Second, no one would "riot in the streets" if this were written. They would cluck on the Internet. There's a big difference.

Maybe take a cold shower.

by Anonymousreply 123January 16, 2024 4:48 PM

I'm short but none of my depression is due to being short.

by Anonymousreply 124January 16, 2024 4:48 PM

There is nothing hotter than a short guy with a big dick.

by Anonymousreply 125January 16, 2024 4:49 PM

MLK was a midget .Shorter the RFK who was runt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126January 16, 2024 4:50 PM

"First of all, Chrissy Metz is not literally 900 lbs."

And Joe Rogan is not literally 5 foot 3. That was my point--they were hyperbolizing because it's fine to do that with someone's height in a way that you could never do with someone's weight.

And, yes, I was exaggerating when I said rioting in the streets. But the backlash would be very loud.

by Anonymousreply 127January 16, 2024 4:57 PM

[quote] You can't criticize ther bagging groceries for a living because that's job shaming.

Didn’t you just say women can openly discriminate? Because the statement quoted above would contradict that R120

by Anonymousreply 128January 16, 2024 4:57 PM

In my experience short bald men are the angriest and nastiest. I steer clear.

by Anonymousreply 129January 16, 2024 4:58 PM

I'm a shorty. I like the size contrast : )

by Anonymousreply 130January 16, 2024 4:59 PM

My former boss was short and bald and one of the most emotionally stable, hardest working guys imaginable. He was truly beloved.

That’s why these stereotypes are dumb.

by Anonymousreply 131January 16, 2024 5:02 PM

[quote] I'm short and so glad I don't have to deal with dating straight women. Watch literally any dating show and without fail the woman will list "tall" as one of the main things she wants in a man. And the matchmakers, friends, and family never say a word.

Women have evolved enough to learn that stature impacts the male psyche and professional prospects. So when they specify they want a 'tall' man sometimes it is a proxy for saying they want a guy who is emotionally and financially secure and not wracked with murderous anxiety, doubts and insecurity because he's short -- it's like saying "I want the man who is the least likely to kill me, stuff me in an oil barrel and bury me at his jobsite."

Women really aren't that picky. Almost every straight man has his pick but they all want a supermodel.

by Anonymousreply 132January 16, 2024 5:03 PM

Joe Rogan is a midget.

by Anonymousreply 133January 16, 2024 5:05 PM

I worked for a guy who couldn't have been more than 5'6". But he had a very large cock.

by Anonymousreply 134January 16, 2024 5:10 PM

I knew a short guy. But then he died.

by Anonymousreply 135January 16, 2024 5:12 PM

R22 The mind is the first thing to go.

by Anonymousreply 136January 16, 2024 5:18 PM

"I want the man who is the least likely to kill me, stuff me in an oil barrel and bury me at his jobsite."

And yet Ted Bundy got letters from hundreds of women while in prison.

by Anonymousreply 137January 16, 2024 5:20 PM

If I wasn’t tall I would have killed myself a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 138January 16, 2024 5:23 PM

They call it "Short Man Syndrome" for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 139January 16, 2024 5:30 PM

One of the hottest guys I ever dated was 5' 3" with a 3 inch dick. But he loved the sex, had a bangin' body, lived to get fucked, and was down for just about everything else I wanted to do to him.

Unfortunately, the little slut was down for just about everything everyone else in town wanted to do to him too, so we didn't last. But he had no shortage of fans.

by Anonymousreply 140January 16, 2024 5:46 PM

So hot when a short dude has a deep voice and a nice big weiner.

by Anonymousreply 141January 16, 2024 6:24 PM

r134 how do you know he had a very large cock?

by Anonymousreply 142January 16, 2024 6:58 PM

[quote][R134] how do you know he had a very large cock?

On my very first day of work, he and the company president invited me back to the president's house and we all stripped naked to get in the hot tub. I was 25 and wondered what the hell I had gotten myself into, but they were very nonchalant about it.

It was a startup company, so the sales & marketing staff always shared rooms on the road. My boss saw to it that I always roomed with him and he was not shy about walking around naked and showing off his third leg.

by Anonymousreply 143January 16, 2024 7:05 PM

r143 did you ever slurp on it?

by Anonymousreply 144January 16, 2024 7:06 PM

No, R143.

by Anonymousreply 145January 16, 2024 7:08 PM

Because I grew up when many leading men in the movies were tall, I always had an inferiority complex about my height, 5'7". But I'm also very confident, so I never had trouble attracting men - many of whom were quite tall. Now that I'm an eldergay (partnered to a 5'8" man), I've become more aware that today's young men are even taller, e.g., Jacob Elordi at 6'5". So now, I look really short.

Thank god for Jeremy Allen White, 5'7", who's hot imho.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146January 16, 2024 7:52 PM

I'm 5'11" and have always had a thing for guys who are taller than me.

I once dated a guy who stood 6'11" with a fantastic body. During our initial encounter, I couldn't help but notice he was wearing construction boots, which gave him an extra 2+ inches and propelled him over 7 feet. Curious, I inquired about the boots. He revealed that in high school, he was the third tallest in his class. Since then, he has made it a habit to constantly wear heeled shoes, which keeps him above 7 feet tall. He also mentioned that his Minnesota high school had many students with Scandinavian ancestry, which resulted in a very tall student body. Lesson: Some people are simply never content with what they

by Anonymousreply 147January 16, 2024 10:17 PM

Short guy here, I’m 5’6”. I am a top and I find there is a strong contingent of tall bottom guys, 5’11+”+ who really get off on being topped by shorter guys, like they seek them out. It’s hot I must say. I love playing with a tall guy’s body and getting his long legs spread, or seeing him ass up. I guess it’s hot as well because it’s so unexpected. Although as I’ve gotten older I either like tall guys or guys short like me that I can really maneuver AND make out with while fucking. I’m black too, so that helps my chances in the sex department. As far as work, there can be great advantages to being underestimated - you can either work less or really get close and study people whose jobs you want without really being noticed.

by Anonymousreply 148January 16, 2024 10:42 PM

r145 wow..I mean If it were me I would have sucked it to completion. If he is walking around showing it off and making sure you share a room with him, he wants it.

by Anonymousreply 149January 17, 2024 12:05 AM

R147 did the tall guy have a big one? Medium one? Microdick?

by Anonymousreply 150January 17, 2024 12:06 AM

I'm 5'7" but I feel 6'1", does that make it ok?

by Anonymousreply 151January 17, 2024 12:19 AM

Favorite Mae West line. "How tall are you?" "six foot seven inches." "The six feet is fine, let's go back to my room and discuss the seven inches."

by Anonymousreply 152January 17, 2024 12:21 AM

[quote] The worst sin any man could commit is being short.

SAFE!

by Anonymousreply 153January 17, 2024 12:29 AM

R90 Wow 6'3 at 13 lol nice, so what age were you when you stopped growing and what's the maximum height you reached?

by Anonymousreply 154January 17, 2024 12:38 AM

I don’t understand the question, and I refuse to answer it.

by Anonymousreply 155January 17, 2024 12:43 AM

Short guy here. I often wonder if this issue is for short straight men? Though I don't want to generalize. I am a gay middle aged short man at 5'4, a top, and a professional in corporate America. I have never been insecure about my height. It's never been an issue, hence I have never carried a chip on my shoulder.

The ONE thing that bothers me about being short is the constant projections people place on you and the stereotypes that people tend to believe. People are quick to assume you are insecure, and they are quick to dismiss your personality traits. It seems like as a short man, you are not allowed to be moody or bitchy, assertive or confident, because people will also project onto you that you are some how insecure and over compensating for your height. How dare I be moody?

In my younger years I had moments of being an asshole and quickly losing my temper, but this had nothing to do with my height. It had to do with the fact that I experienced racism and homophobia when I was younger. I was often bullied and just got so tired of it, that I learned to defend myself and to speak up for myself. I learned to not put up with people's bullshit and I would call them out on this. But...to my annoyance, they would quickly dismiss me and assume that I was having some Napoleonic tantrum. That was never the case. It's just that I got tired of being pushed around and I had to learn how to defend myself. And I find that even in my mid 40's, you are not allowed to have these feelings because people will make a cutting comments of "he must be compensating for something!" There is a double meaning behind that statement. Not only are people implying that you must be insecure about your height, but they are also implying that you must have a small cock.

In regards to my sex life, my height hasn't really been an issue. Sure I have experienced rejections but not enough to be traumatized by them, and not enough to form an insecurity from these. As an exclusive top, I have had success being the top for both short men and tall men. I am currently partnered and he is a 6'1 bottom. Go figure! And funny enough, the tall guys that I met when I was single had smaller dicks than me. So these stereotypes don't necessarily apply.

In regards to my job? Well, I don't think I have been passed up for promotions because I am short. I was always hard working, professional and respectful of my role and colleagues. So I feel that my professionalism was what always allowed me to get ahead.

I do acknowledge that both men and women look down on me because of my height. Especially women. I am often mistaken for being straight so when I go to the store and open the door for a women to be polite, I can tell that she is ignoring me and I assume it's because of my height. The funny thing is that I don't care. I am not attracted to women anyway.

I don't care if people dismiss me because of my height. But I do get annoyed when people lean into these stereotypes, and are not willing to look beyond. But this annoyance is not enough to affect my life.

I did want to share my thoughts to offer a counter to OP's post. We live in a world where there are a myriad of people in shapes in sizes. I hope we can get past these stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 156January 17, 2024 1:32 AM

R114 You are wrong, the greatest sin for men is to be ugly and stupid, which is unfortunate for you as you fit right into that category.

Remember, dark rooms exist for people like you.

by Anonymousreply 157January 17, 2024 4:08 AM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 158January 17, 2024 4:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!