Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Felicity” premiered 24 years ago today, September 29, 1998

24 years ago today, September 29, 1998, Felicity premiered. It is an American drama television series created by J. J. Abrams and Matt Reeves and produced by Touchstone Television and Imagine Television for The WB. Brian Grazer and Ron Howard were executive producers through Imagine Entertainment.

The series revolves around the college experiences of the title character, Felicity Porter (portrayed by Keri Russell), as she attends the "University of New York" (based on New York University), which lies across the country from her home in Palo Alto, California. The show ran for four seasons from September 29, 1998, to May 22, 2002, with each season corresponding to the traditional American university divisions of freshman, sophomore, junior, and senior years.

In 2007, Felicity was one of Time magazine's "All-Time 100 Best TV Shows." AOL TV named Felicity one of the "Best School Shows of All Time." In June 2010, Entertainment Weekly named Felicity Porter one of the "100 Greatest Characters of the Last 20 Years".

Felicity was filmed in part in New York City, and is set at the fictional University of New York (UNY), based on New York University (NYU). Like NYU, UNY is located in Greenwich Village near Washington Square Park, and the school is an important part of the show. Although like other universities, NYU normally welcomes being mentioned in film or on television as free product placement, the university refused permission for the show to use its name, stating that "the negatives kind of outweighed the positives."

In 1999, a publicly hyped young writer for the show, Riley Weston, was disclosed as a fraud for claiming to be much younger than she truly was. At the age of 32, she began marketing herself to television studios as a recent high school graduate, passing off her husband as her older brother. She was soon hired by The WB as a writer for Felicity. Hailed as a child prodigy and "wunderkind", she was featured on Entertainment Weekly's October 1998 list of the "100 Most Creative People in Entertainment", which described her as an up-and-coming 19-year-old. Shortly thereafter, she was offered a six-figure screenwriting deal with Disney. Her real identity and age were exposed after a Felicity producer checked her social security number. Soon afterward, her contract with WB expired and was not renewed, and her deal with Disney fell through.

In the summer of 1999, after filming the first season, Felicity star Russell—known for what The New York Times described as "[t]hat glorious head of voluminous golden backlit hair"—sent the show's producers a photo wearing a short-haired wig. They panicked before learning that it was a joke but then suggested to the actress that a new hairstyle would be appropriate. After being shifted from Tuesday nights at 9:00 pm Eastern to Sunday nights at 8:00 pm Eastern (WB's weakest night) for the 1999–2000 season, the ratings for Felicity declined immediately. This decline occurred before the hair-style change, but the later hair-style change became conflated by some of the public and by some of the popular press and network executives with this earlier event and thus incorrectly blamed the earlier ratings drop partly on the later new hairstyle. After the negative reaction Russell rejected wearing extensions or a wig while her hair grew back. Although storytelling and time-slot changes had already created a ratings decline, a network executive said WB actors' future hair changes would "be given more thought at the network than it previously would have". In 2010, TV Guide Network listed the hairstyle change at No. 19 on their list of "25 Biggest TV Blunders," with several commentators arguing that it was the reason that the ratings of the show dropped. The haircut incident went on to become a popular culture reference within other television shows, both comedic and dramatic. Despite the controversy, Felicity survived for two more seasons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133December 25, 2022 11:34 PM

I went to College in the 90s as a sensitive quiet wallflower first. And it was harder. And I was smarter and skinnier and more scrappy, so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 30, 2022 12:10 AM

I liked her slutty roommate.

by Anonymousreply 2September 30, 2022 12:15 AM

Just as NYC was being seen as “safe” for all the privileged fraus to come live their fantasy of the urban life - no crime, no danger, always plenty of money.

by Anonymousreply 3September 30, 2022 12:47 AM

There was always cRime and danger. Just not on TV.

by Anonymousreply 4September 30, 2022 12:54 AM

Pissity

by Anonymousreply 5September 30, 2022 12:57 AM

I loved seasons 1 and 2. 3/4 weren’t very good.

by Anonymousreply 6September 30, 2022 12:53 PM

I took a CRAP 💩 on this date in 1998.

by Anonymousreply 7September 30, 2022 1:01 PM

felicity was a creepy stalker, if you paid attention. to the initial plot line.

by Anonymousreply 8September 30, 2022 1:08 PM

R8 she was stalking Ben? How was that your take away?

by Anonymousreply 9September 30, 2022 1:53 PM

She literally stalked him to NYU.

by Anonymousreply 10September 30, 2022 1:56 PM

I was in tears for months when she got that haircut.

by Anonymousreply 11September 30, 2022 2:02 PM

Loved this show. When the opening credits changed to New Version of You, my two pups and I would leap off the couch and dance around the living room, every week.

by Anonymousreply 12September 30, 2022 2:04 PM

Is Scott Speedman totally straight? Or just a really good actor?

He has the softest of pings on FELICITY, but idk if that’s because he was written as a super-sensitive Fraubait romantic object and no actual real-life sweaty grunting straight man behaves that way.

Scott also did give a certain authentically-bisexual menace in THE 24TH DAY opposite James Marsden, another pretty 90s romantic lead who I struggle to clock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 30, 2022 2:10 PM

I loved this show and the Senior Year soundtrack in the late ‘90s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 30, 2022 2:14 PM

She pulled a Kate Middleton R10.

by Anonymousreply 15September 30, 2022 2:17 PM

This weasel faced bitch annoyed me.

by Anonymousreply 16September 30, 2022 2:19 PM

Loved season 1. The end of the pilot where they use “in your eyes” just blew me away as a gayling who dreamed of living in NYC 😂.

I remember crying and my mother side-eying me like “oh for chrissake.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 30, 2022 2:24 PM

Neither Felicity nor Dawson’s pass the Bechdel. The women in both shows make sporadic grabs for feminstic freedom of choice and expression (as delineated in their soundtracks) but ultimately and sadly default to appeasing the men in their lives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 30, 2022 2:24 PM

The show made NYC look like it was constantly autumn and a bit chilly, all year round, in every corner of the city. Was that so they could save on wardrobe? Or set every other scene in a cosy coffee house?

by Anonymousreply 19September 30, 2022 2:33 PM

Some of it was great - remember she used to send a tape to some friend, talking about her life and feeling in the form of a voice-over. One day it fell into the wrong hands and it was broadcast loud in front of a lot of people, Felicity saying she's now ready for sex, ready to lose her virginity.

by Anonymousreply 20September 30, 2022 2:35 PM

R14 Senior Year was 2002

by Anonymousreply 21September 30, 2022 5:11 PM

The only thing I remember about that show was Pink Ranger getting date raped by wimpy Brian from My So Called Life. (And he thought she liked it.) Horrifying. Pink Ranger would have eaten him for breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 22September 30, 2022 6:53 PM

Amy Jo Johnson was why I watched initially, and ended up actually liking it. Loved her and the show wasn’t the same when she left after season 2.

by Anonymousreply 23September 30, 2022 6:55 PM

My favorite episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 30, 2022 6:55 PM

Amy Jo Johnson is one of the premiere actresses of the Sweater Acting Generation.

by Anonymousreply 25September 30, 2022 7:14 PM

This show, enjoyable fluff though it may have been, normalized and glamorized the idea of young adult women as delusional codependent nicey-nice wet blankets to their boyfriends or their friends. No girl at any point in this show told anyone, let alone a deadbeat fuckboy, to go and fuck themselves.

by Anonymousreply 26September 30, 2022 7:33 PM

R26 disagree. Felicity was like that but her friends not so much. And some girls ARE like that.

by Anonymousreply 27September 30, 2022 7:36 PM

R20 wouldn't happen these days--Felicity's notes would be recorded on her Android and end-to-end encrypted before sending.

by Anonymousreply 28September 30, 2022 7:43 PM

apparently there was time-travel episode lol tf?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 30, 2022 8:21 PM

Am currently fighting with myself not to queue up Season One to watch for the first time (was only 5 years old when it originally aired).

Because I just know that I'm going to find it a challenge to take it seriously and to not wince or roll my eyes at some of the attitudes and characterisations as well as all the corny cutesy moments...but in this suddenly cold gloomy weather, the lure of sweater-acting and mug-cradling and windswept boho campus scenes interspersed with long syrupy romantic overtures declaimed over sweet sensitive coffeehouse pop....is calling....

by Anonymousreply 30September 30, 2022 8:23 PM

One of the best parts of Felicity was the soundtrack, and they didn't secure permanent rights to it so now there is weird Spotify indie music in its place.

by Anonymousreply 31September 30, 2022 8:24 PM

Who was the man talking to Felicity and narrating at R17?

by Anonymousreply 32September 30, 2022 8:30 PM

Why did Amy Jo leave? It’s not like she went on to other rolls.

by Anonymousreply 33September 30, 2022 8:30 PM

Was this a sci fi show? I remember there was time traveling in season 4.

by Anonymousreply 34September 30, 2022 8:31 PM

[quote]Felicity was filmed in part in New York City, and is set at the fictional University of New York (UNY), based on New York University (NYU). Like NYU, UNY is located in Greenwich Village near Washington Square Park

This doesn’t make sense. There’s a whole other university besides NYU at Greenwich Village near Washington State Park? Where would it fit? Was this school hidden like Hogwarts? Does Felicity take place on this earth? Or an earth where NYU never existed in a fake New York with an alternate history?

by Anonymousreply 35September 30, 2022 8:36 PM

Count me among the millions of people who didn't watch this show. I do remember the hair thing.

by Anonymousreply 36September 30, 2022 8:37 PM

Imagine being in a thruple with Scott Speedman and Scott Foley? They both are so achingly beautiful and just get better with age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 30, 2022 8:38 PM

R35 in this show UNY is NYU. It’s in place of it.

They wanted to use NYU straight forward but they said no because they felt the show would make them look more bad than good.

by Anonymousreply 38September 30, 2022 8:46 PM

That's interesting because Gossip Girl would use NYU a decade later.

by Anonymousreply 39September 30, 2022 8:48 PM

R31 a common issue with most shows from the 90s and earlier.

It’s because music rights changed. Most of them never thought they had to secure it long term because that wasn’t a thing yet.

by Anonymousreply 40September 30, 2022 8:48 PM

R39 but NYU was used as more of a backdrop than anything. The college was the entire foundation of Felicity.

by Anonymousreply 41September 30, 2022 8:49 PM

The last two seasons may have not been as good but the old school TV theme song was so much better.

by Anonymousreply 42September 30, 2022 8:49 PM

I owned all 4 seasons on DVD. They got lost when I moved in 2011 so I bought all of them again on Amazon. They were like $6-$11 a season at the time. I paid under $30 for all 4 seasons. I believe season 4 was the most expensive, for whatever reason.

Anyway, I saw Scott Foley in NYC one day shortly after re-buying them and actually said hi to him (I usually avoid celebs when I see them out and about because I don’t want them to be rude or mean and my entire perception of them changes) and he was rather nice. I showed him I had just repurchased the entire series because I was such a fan of the show and he seemed very kind and gracious about it.

I met Keri a few years later while I worked retail and had to stay and help her, and she was lovely, and so so pretty in person. Very soft spoken and petite in frame. She was probably around 5’5. She had zero makeup on and looked so pretty. She was so nice also but you can tell she’s not as crazy about Felicity, because when I mentioned it to her she forced a smile but you could tell didn’t wanna speak about it. But when I mentioned The Americans she had a big smile and thanked me for watching it.

by Anonymousreply 43September 30, 2022 9:02 PM

Was it as obnoxious as Dawson's Creek and Gillmore Girls?

by Anonymousreply 44September 30, 2022 9:07 PM

R44 no. It was a lot more charming than both, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 45September 30, 2022 9:09 PM

R33 she left for two reasons.

A. Her main passion is music. Not acting. She wanted to be able to travel and perform her folk artsy music at cafes and small venues. Being on a show like Felicity meant all her time was dedicated to it. She had no real free time because their schedule was long hours 6 (sometimes 7) days a week.

B. Her mother died as she started filming Felicity and because of her work schedule she felt she never had time to truly mourn her mother and was having a lot of personal issues. Her mother fell ill as they filmed the Pilot and it got worse, and she died as they were filming season 1 during the summer of 1998. She kept on working because she felt she had to but after season 2 she was falling apart and asked out of her contract. They let her out but she had to appear in the first few episodes of season 3 because they wanted to give Julie a proper goodbye moment and not just write her off, so she agreed and took time off to mourn.

She starred in The Division a couple of years later and then from 2008-2012 starred in Flashpoint, a cop drama set in Toronto that aired on CBS and ION. She is now a permanent and legal Canadian resident.

by Anonymousreply 46September 30, 2022 9:28 PM

Tried watching one episode. Felicitys boyfriend opened a box for an orange, iMac. A blatant display of product placement that disgusted me so much I changed the station and didn't bother to tune in again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 30, 2022 9:30 PM

R47 you must not watch most shows then because product placement is common in almost every show

by Anonymousreply 48September 30, 2022 9:35 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 30, 2022 9:35 PM

I watch too much television and wasted my youth going to see movies. I never notice product placement unless it's very obvious.

by Anonymousreply 50September 30, 2022 9:40 PM

R25 Mistake Of Your Life!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 30, 2022 10:03 PM

Felicity got some good dick. Scott Speedman, Scott Foley, Simon Rex.

by Anonymousreply 52September 30, 2022 10:07 PM

I just remember "The Power of Goodbye" being played in the commercials.

by Anonymousreply 53September 30, 2022 10:13 PM

Felicity also got to fuck this Canadian actor who is in Alanis’ Everything video entering at :36, he was the disgraced medical student running the clinic. Unfortunately, she didn’t get to fuck Alanis’s real life stunning Ginger boyfriend Dash Mihok, who played an arrogant swim teammate of Ben’s because they hated each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 30, 2022 10:17 PM

Keri Russell is so pretty and sweet. She’s radiant in person.

I’m not shocked Felicity got hot Midwestern transplants in NYC

by Anonymousreply 55September 30, 2022 10:23 PM

So Frau.

by Anonymousreply 56September 30, 2022 10:31 PM

Seeing this reminds me of what WB used to be. Their shows were aimed at teenage audiences but they were pretty good and enjoyable for adults too. Actually, Felicity was most popular with college aged and adults, moreso than young teens.

WB was a fun network. They went downhill when they merged with UPN and CW never recovered

by Anonymousreply 57September 30, 2022 10:36 PM

R44/R45 better than all of them? Party Of Five.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 30, 2022 10:41 PM

Party of Five was on FOX

by Anonymousreply 59September 30, 2022 10:42 PM

R59 yeah, but it was the same era and type and style of show--talky, moody, slice-of-life/domestic melodrama about earnest white middleclass people.

by Anonymousreply 60September 30, 2022 10:45 PM

I was hooked on watching Swamp Thing. I thought Swamp Thing would be a show that wouldn't interest me until I watched an episode and was drawn in by the acting. After being reeled in, the show was canceled!

by Anonymousreply 61September 30, 2022 10:51 PM

This show started my irrational dislike of Keri Russell.

by Anonymousreply 62September 30, 2022 10:53 PM

R60 they were nothing alike. WB shows were their own thing.

by Anonymousreply 63September 30, 2022 11:14 PM

R53 yes. Like here!

I miss The WB 😭

CW is shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64September 30, 2022 11:41 PM

In a death match, who would win- Felicity or Hannah?

by Anonymousreply 65September 30, 2022 11:50 PM

Obsessed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 1, 2022 10:05 AM

Is actress that played her roommate Meghan, gay? Always thought her character should be a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 67October 1, 2022 10:29 AM

MJF and an 85 yo looking Calista Flockhart presenting Keri with the Golden Globe for best actress, TV series drama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68October 1, 2022 10:50 AM

I love Keri Russell and hate that she never won an Emmy for THE AMERICANS.

I have told this here before, but Scott Speedman is gay or at least bi. A friend of mine made a movie with him. They said it was no secret and he brought his boyfriend to the premiere.

by Anonymousreply 69October 1, 2022 11:08 AM

Maybe he's just Canadian. They ping a lot for me.

by Anonymousreply 70October 1, 2022 11:38 AM

I hate that Keri never went back to her curly hair.

by Anonymousreply 71October 1, 2022 12:19 PM

Scott Speedman is just very Canadian, like Shawn Mendes. For some reason American’s think the whole world is like them. They aren’t. A lot of the men from Canadian cities have a lot of feminine qualities

by Anonymousreply 72October 1, 2022 1:01 PM

R71 yes hard agree! Free the curls!

Keri also looks better in softer 90s style makeup too. A harsh bright bold red lip on light foundation just washes her out and distracts from how pretty her face is.

by Anonymousreply 73October 1, 2022 1:03 PM

R73 I didn't realize it at the time, but I've been watching a lot of '90s movies from my youth and I've noticed that the women, for the most part, are wearing minimal makeup. Now they look like clowns.

by Anonymousreply 74October 1, 2022 2:19 PM

The heavy makeup look can be blamed on Instagram and the Kardashians.

by Anonymousreply 75October 1, 2022 2:30 PM

The fact that cutting her hair became a cultural controversy, is the reason we have covid today.

by Anonymousreply 76October 1, 2022 2:35 PM

She's one of those girls who is equally beautiful with short or long hair styles.

Many women have huge light-bulb shaped fiveheads and/or protruding ears and need the camouflage.

by Anonymousreply 77October 1, 2022 4:32 PM

R67 The actress who played Megan was Amanda Forman, her sister was actress Julie Foreman, and their father was the Hollywood producer John Forman who was Paul Neumann’s producing partner on such films as Bitch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Julie Forman went to private school, Buckley, with Bret Easton Ellis, and shock of all shocks, were boyfriend and girlfriend. The wild Hollywood Christmas party of disaffected youth that ooend Less Than Zero, is based on a real party Julie threw one year.

The thing is that while John Foreman was married with two kids he was secretly Gay and a big player in the underground Gay Hollywood world. He died of AIDS in 1992 and he was so powerful that it was completely covered up that you won’t find that officially announced anywhere. There’s always been speculation about him and BEE’s relationship, more that he helped maneuver his career behind the scenes than sexual I think. So, while the actress may or may not have been Gay, her father was.

by Anonymousreply 78October 1, 2022 4:53 PM

^^^ That should be “opened” and that’s the way spell check spelled Newman’s name right or wrong.

by Anonymousreply 79October 1, 2022 4:54 PM

OP should have included a poll to find out if DL are predominantly Ben girlies or Noel girlies.

by Anonymousreply 80October 1, 2022 4:58 PM

Noel was for the people who liked Brandon and Ben was for those who liked Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 81October 1, 2022 6:24 PM

Noel was way cuter and sweeter

by Anonymousreply 82October 1, 2022 6:30 PM

Noel had some nice DSLs.

by Anonymousreply 83October 1, 2022 6:44 PM

Noel was such a normie.

by Anonymousreply 84October 1, 2022 6:48 PM

Well, she did end up with both in the end so both Noel and Ben fans win.

by Anonymousreply 85October 1, 2022 11:06 PM

If Felicity hadn't been in their lives, I really think Ben & Noel would have been bros. Maybe even the close, affectionate kind who shared beds when drunk and gave each other gentle sleepy friendly morning handjobs and oral.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86October 2, 2022 12:10 AM

They should have been lovers in those weird parallel episodes tacked on the end when they needed to expand the final season.

by Anonymousreply 87October 2, 2022 1:54 AM

Meghan Rotundi brought Perky Goth Kawaii fashion to the West.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88October 13, 2022 12:55 AM

[quote]such films as Bitch Cassidy

Ah! Bitch Cassidy and the Sundance Cunt. Love this film.

by Anonymousreply 89October 13, 2022 5:27 AM

So what does DL think was actually in Meghan’s box?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90October 13, 2022 1:30 PM

Cobwebs?

by Anonymousreply 91October 13, 2022 2:54 PM

Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 92October 13, 2022 3:06 PM

As far as I recall, neither Julie nor Meghan ever tried to surf & turf Felicity's men, which is kind of cool for the time in terms of female solidarity.

by Anonymousreply 93October 13, 2022 9:56 PM

My freshman RA was too busy fucking her boyfriend to notice us

by Anonymousreply 94December 19, 2022 6:52 AM

[quote]R33 Why did Amy Jo leave? It’s not like she went on to other rolls.

As a waitress surely she did (?)

by Anonymousreply 95December 19, 2022 7:10 AM

R94 My female freshman RA appeared at my door in the middle of the night and asked me to come to her room. She had heard that I gave really excellent back rubs and was in so much pain and desperate and wanted me to work on her back. She was on an archeological dig in South America and fell off a mountain side and fractured her spine and was always in a lot a pain as a result. She also regaled me that night about intimate details about being gang raped at knife point on that trip as well. It was times like that I knew I wasn’t in high school anymore.

by Anonymousreply 96December 19, 2022 7:27 AM

Did they only add lyrics to the theme song after AmyJo left because now they didn’t have to feel obliged to let her sing it?

by Anonymousreply 97December 19, 2022 7:39 AM

R20 I’m just watching this episode right now!

by Anonymousreply 98December 23, 2022 8:29 AM

“Hannah?! Her name is Hannah!”

by Anonymousreply 99December 23, 2022 9:06 AM

Scott Speedman's acting consisted of grinning, whispering his lines, and calling other characters dicks.

Noel was creepily obsessed with Felicity.

A character could treat Felicity like shit, betray her, attempt to ruin her life, yet she would always great them with a gentle "hey."

by Anonymousreply 100December 23, 2022 9:08 AM

I’m watching Felicity watch Ben’s track match and she’s in awe of him running, and Noel sees how much she loves him and leaves completely dejected, but then Ben is falling behind and is in last place and hates himself for it and Felicity loses all respect for him. None of them are happy and THATS what Felicity is all about!

by Anonymousreply 101December 23, 2022 9:16 AM

It’s amazing that Felicity never died of ennui.

by Anonymousreply 102December 23, 2022 9:21 AM

I preferred the season 1 theme.

by Anonymousreply 103December 23, 2022 9:21 AM

Oh my god! Ben and Felicity just got robbed when they went to Ben’s loft for the first time!

by Anonymousreply 104December 23, 2022 9:24 AM

Felicity's wages from Dean & Deluca would not be enough to pay for tuition/room and board.

by Anonymousreply 105December 23, 2022 9:25 AM

Julie didn't want to date Sean because he was fat.

by Anonymousreply 106December 23, 2022 9:26 AM

Megan is excited because she thinks Felicity is dead and she gets the suite all to herself!

by Anonymousreply 107December 23, 2022 9:27 AM

R105 She’s interviewing for the D&D job this episode.

by Anonymousreply 108December 23, 2022 9:28 AM

R108 Lol, during Felicity’s interview she tells about working in a clothing store for women sizes 16+ with some nice things and Javier asks her if the customers hated her!

by Anonymousreply 109December 23, 2022 9:34 AM

You know, they are making Brian out to be quite the creep right from the start. Julie should have been better about picking up on red flags.

by Anonymousreply 110December 23, 2022 9:36 AM

Oh god! Felicity turning their Halloween costumes into a couples costume!

by Anonymousreply 111December 23, 2022 9:38 AM

Julie herself was a red flag. That's one dysfunctional gal.

by Anonymousreply 112December 23, 2022 9:38 AM

There’s an Easter Egg shoutout to AmyJo at the Halloween party with a person dressed as a Pink Power Ranger!

by Anonymousreply 113December 23, 2022 9:46 AM

R113 Christ! Ben’s making out with the Pink Power Ranger, that so many levels of references!

by Anonymousreply 114December 23, 2022 9:49 AM

Noel: “Was if Ben?” Lol it’s ALWAYS Ben!

by Anonymousreply 115December 23, 2022 9:50 AM

Was there a very special Felicity 9/11 episode I don’t remember?

by Anonymousreply 116December 23, 2022 10:00 AM

R116 No there wasn’t. And iirc there was weirdly never a reference to it.

by Anonymousreply 117December 23, 2022 11:37 AM

They all should have had a Business Communications adjunct professor who worked in the World Trade Center and dies and they go to a big candle light memorial in Washington Square Park for those who died and Felicity gives a big weepy speech about how she lent him a pen in the last class and now she’ll NEVER get that pen back and they all embrace her and weep openly.

by Anonymousreply 118December 23, 2022 11:46 AM

Unbelievable! Felicity was just supposed to run Ben’s poetry essay through spell check and instead she changed big chunks of it and now Ben is under academic fraud investigation! This is the shaky path that lead Felicity down the path to plagiarizing her Art History thesis senior year.

by Anonymousreply 119December 23, 2022 1:50 PM

Julie’s rape is turning into a very special episode with a lot of heavy handed information.

by Anonymousreply 120December 25, 2022 6:30 PM

When she lost her virginity.

by Anonymousreply 121December 25, 2022 6:31 PM

Most shows set in NYC never acknowledged 9/11 because they didn’t wanna bring that dark reality into those universes. They are an escape for people.

Friends, SATC etc. never had a 9/11 episode.

by Anonymousreply 122December 25, 2022 6:41 PM

Ben to Sean: “See the difference is when you said ‘Stop!’ I did.”

by Anonymousreply 123December 25, 2022 6:41 PM

R122 But Felicity reveled in maudlinness, that was right up her alley. Keri could have won an Emmy with a good script. I can hear the voiceover already: “This week on a very SPECIAL Felicity…”

by Anonymousreply 124December 25, 2022 6:49 PM

R124 her drama was tv show drama. They didn’t wanna bring real life into those shows, where people watched as an escapism. 9/11 wasn’t just a bad thing like a stabbing. It was a terrorist attack that killed thousands of Americans and was traumatic. Adding 9/11 to these shows right away would be distasteful

by Anonymousreply 125December 25, 2022 7:01 PM

Oh my god! Hannah bought a modem ready PC and Noel’s all about Apple! They are no longer compatible!

by Anonymousreply 126December 25, 2022 7:24 PM

9/11 didn’t exist in this show’s universe. They even had a different President.

by Anonymousreply 127December 25, 2022 7:29 PM

It’s so weird that Matt Reeves (The Batman) and JayJay Abrams (Star Wars) created and wrote this show. What made them want to create this show? Were they secret fraus? It’s as if Zack Synder created Sweet Valley High.

by Anonymousreply 128December 25, 2022 7:33 PM

Christ, everyone’s life in this very special Thanksgiving Felicity episode is a HOT mess!

by Anonymousreply 129December 25, 2022 7:36 PM

R122 SATC acknowledged 9-11

by Anonymousreply 130December 25, 2022 11:24 PM

R130 yes. They just didn’t make an episode around it. They just did an acknowledgment

by Anonymousreply 131December 25, 2022 11:26 PM

(This is for all shows) I’ll never understand why certain names (like nyu) aren’t allowed to be used, but others like Dean & deluca are.

And in yet some other shows real college names are in fact used.

by Anonymousreply 132December 25, 2022 11:33 PM

R132 they have to get permission from the schools etc. to use their name. If a show uses it that means they got approval. If not that means they didn’t or they did but the school etc. wanted too much money.

NYU declined.

by Anonymousreply 133December 25, 2022 11:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!