Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ned Fulmer leaves Try Guys

Working to save family after " consensual relationship." He was always one of my favorites.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86December 3, 2022 5:42 AM

Dead link

by Anonymousreply 1September 27, 2022 8:39 PM

Try this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 27, 2022 8:41 PM

From BuzzFeed, where he started.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 27, 2022 8:43 PM

Was he sampling teh cock?

by Anonymousreply 4September 27, 2022 8:44 PM

The consensual workplace relationship was with a man, I take it?

by Anonymousreply 5September 27, 2022 8:45 PM

Wow that shocks me. He was always so sickeningly sweet talking about his wife and kids. I figured she’d be the one to dump his pussywhipped ass.

by Anonymousreply 6September 27, 2022 8:45 PM

He’s married to a woman? Like…biological?

by Anonymousreply 7September 27, 2022 8:46 PM

Oh, someone saw him snuggling up to a hoochie mama in the club, I see.

Straight pasty white nerd drama. Another guy who makes Wife Guy his brand while he's out banging hos with bad taste in men. Not interested.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 27, 2022 8:47 PM

He looks like A Gay.

by Anonymousreply 9September 27, 2022 8:51 PM

He TRIED it

by Anonymousreply 10September 27, 2022 9:00 PM

I'd never heard of these people until this thread.

by Anonymousreply 11September 28, 2022 1:15 AM

we know - 2 existing threads. No one cares.

by Anonymousreply 12September 28, 2022 1:20 AM

Some have been posting on Reddit that there's been rumors about him cheating on his wife for years, and that this time he just got caught. Funny the guy who was constantly all "I love my wife" ending up being a serial chearter. But to cheat with an employee of your company? Damn, what an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 13September 28, 2022 5:22 AM

Tiny meat. No wonder he cheated with an asian chick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 28, 2022 5:25 AM

I don't know her

by Anonymousreply 15September 28, 2022 5:29 AM

He had a nice bulge.

by Anonymousreply 16September 28, 2022 5:37 AM

r13 Lol I just checked reddit and the Redditors are all giving the woman a free pass for cheating on her fiancé saying Ned was her boss so there is a "power differential".

by Anonymousreply 17September 28, 2022 5:41 AM

I don't understand why this is all over twitter. Who are these people?

by Anonymousreply 18September 28, 2022 5:56 AM

R17 I doubt there was in reality, but from a legal perspective, most definitely!

I find it very interesting that Ned made it a point in his statement to say he engaged in a "consensual workplace relationship."

He understands full well the (potential) legal shitstorm he's created for his family and the Try Guys company.

The employee, if she chooses to, could easily sue him and the Try Guys company for sexual harassment, claiming that (as her boss) she felt coerced and couldn't refuse Ned's advances for fear of losing her job.

She has sound legal ground to do so. It will be even more interesting to see how this employee decides to shape her narrative on this matter. She could own up to the relationship as a consensual affair, or she can claim sexual harassment.

The latter scenario paints her as a victim, the former as a villain. The ball is in her court right now, and public opinion will differ greatly on which path she decides to take.

If I were Ned or the Try Guys, I would be shivering in my boots right now. This chick could sue them into oblivion and destroy all their livelihoods.

by Anonymousreply 19September 28, 2022 5:58 AM

r18 Have you not watched any YouTube videos in the last decade?

by Anonymousreply 20September 28, 2022 6:00 AM

I'm disappointed he's straight but at least he's breaking stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 21September 28, 2022 6:02 AM

Yeah any 'nice', pleasantly nerdy guy constantly shouting "My wife, my wife, my wife " from the rooftops = MAJOR red flag. They're compensating. For what, only they know. But it's a sure sign that the dynamic/expectation is unhealthy is some way or just for show as part of personal branding.

See Exhibit A- John Mulaney.

The whole 'Wife Guy' thing is creepy....

by Anonymousreply 22September 28, 2022 7:51 AM

Ned was the only reason I watched. I guess I’ll just have Rhett & Link now.

by Anonymousreply 23October 4, 2022 10:04 PM

I realize they didn’t really have a choice, but hopefully this doesn’t end like the Valleyfolk.

by Anonymousreply 24October 4, 2022 10:13 PM

Ned is now an unperson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 4, 2022 10:14 PM

I see Zach is thickening up.

by Anonymousreply 26October 4, 2022 10:19 PM

It's from all those "try everything on the menu" vids he does!

by Anonymousreply 27October 4, 2022 10:22 PM

[quote]Member Eugene Lee Yang, whose scowl during the video betrayed a deep frustration that went viral on Twitter

Why are people surprised? He has Resting Bitch Face even on his happiest days.

by Anonymousreply 28October 4, 2022 10:22 PM

Frankly, I didn't realize that people even cared enough to justify all the attention surrounding this (reddit, several articles online). I've seen a few of their videos over the years, but that was the extent of it for me. But I'm only one person.

by Anonymousreply 29October 4, 2022 10:24 PM

Married straight guy blows up his job and his marriage? -- deserves a Nelson -- "Ha-ha!"

by Anonymousreply 30October 4, 2022 10:26 PM

They have a pretty huge following. And they just finished filming a TV show, which, who knows if it'll see the light of day.

by Anonymousreply 31October 4, 2022 10:27 PM

Hope they didn't trade up-front development money for a bigger share of the proceeds!

by Anonymousreply 32October 5, 2022 12:43 AM

Can someone provide some context to this? Are they a religious Christian group? Why would they kick him out and delete his scenes just because he had an affair?

by Anonymousreply 33October 5, 2022 2:04 AM

[quote] Why would they kick him out and delete his scenes just because he had an affair?

Because he's a whore, Darlin'.

by Anonymousreply 34October 5, 2022 2:37 AM

You can be sure this is not the first time he's had a side chick. I wonder if Ariel knew about the others. They were photographed a few days ago out in public with Ned smiling and laughing. Ariel just smiled and said they're working on their marriage.

by Anonymousreply 35October 5, 2022 2:41 AM

I hope some nudes leak.

by Anonymousreply 36October 5, 2022 2:45 AM

[quote] Are they a religious Christian group? Why would they kick him out and delete his scenes just because he had an affair?

One is Jewish, but non-practising AFAIK. The other three are atheist. He was booted because cheating is still considered a scandal and therefore bad for business. There are also legal difficulties involved because he was fucking an employee. She was a willing participant in the affair, but she could still turn around and sue the company for various reasons. If you've ever worked in or dealt with HR, you'll know rabbit hole some employers have been taken down costing them their business. By getting rid of Ned, they can repair their image and reduce their liability for sexual harassment claims, abuse of power charges, etc..

If Ned had had an affair with some waitress, the matter would and could have been dealt with differently, but inter-office affairs are governed by an entirely different set of consequences. Remember, DON'T SHIT WHERE YOU EAT.

by Anonymousreply 37October 5, 2022 3:09 AM

Explanation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 5, 2022 3:19 AM

Holy crap thay video at R38 was painful to watch! These guys are either religious right puritans or hard left wokesters.

by Anonymousreply 39October 5, 2022 3:59 AM

[quote]If Ned had had an affair with some waitress, the matter would and could have been dealt with differently, but inter-office affairs are governed by an entirely different set of consequences.

Couldn't agree more. If he cheated with some random nobody, he would still be with the company. Sure, they would maybe suspend him for a bit to save face, do some song and dance about how he's getting help and counseling, and then slowly fold him back in via a redemption arc they would shamelessly milk for views and content over several Oprah-like episodes on the trust, forgiveness and the unbreakable bond of marriage. It would be one big, pretty PR mea culpa, with Ned returning even more in love with his wife and talking about how he didn't realize what he had til he lost it, blah blah blah fishcakes.

Fucking an employee was the game changer that left them no choice but to boot his ass. There's no coming back from that once Ned became a legal liability to their livelihood and the survival as a company. That's what they're all really pissed about--not Ned's hypocrisy, but his stupidity for cheating with an employee and jeopardizing all they built together.

by Anonymousreply 40October 5, 2022 5:00 AM

The dopey gay guy must be handling the press. Only a Queer Studies idiot would come up with: “Alex is not getting fired -- we're told the guys understand she wasn't in the position of power, like Ned was, and they feel they need to protect their employee.” The Left is so puritanical. This is frau shit. No one cares about these YouTube idiots’ sex lives, and anyone who does needs to get a life.

by Anonymousreply 41October 5, 2022 1:38 PM

[quote]These guys are either religious right puritans or hard left wokesters.

It’s the latter.

by Anonymousreply 42October 5, 2022 1:39 PM

[quote]Can someone provide some context to this? Are they a religious Christian group? Why would they kick him out and delete his scenes just because he had an affair?

Because the wokesters need to virtue-signal and infantalize women.

by Anonymousreply 43October 5, 2022 1:40 PM

The Buzzfeed comments are what you’d expect: third and fourth wave feminist babies and woke gay men.

by Anonymousreply 44October 5, 2022 1:42 PM

Alex, the producer he cheated with, was in a long term relationship. It was a bad look all around. I hope if and when Alex leaves, they bring Ned back. Then they can do a whole series, creating a redemption arc for Ned, like what R40 referenced. They could create so much content out of this without getting into specifics about the relationship, which would get a ton of views. I like their channel. They're fun, goofy, and don't take themselves too seriously.

by Anonymousreply 45October 5, 2022 1:49 PM

[quote] and don't take themselves too seriously.

Really? That's not the impression you get from their video at R38.

by Anonymousreply 46October 5, 2022 1:57 PM

R46, that video is a one-off and not representative of their typical content.

by Anonymousreply 47October 5, 2022 2:08 PM

The Try Guys are “Cheugy” distilled down to its purest essence (the Gen Z term for uncool millennial culture - girl boss inspirational decor; rose gold; guys who started wearing skinny jeans in the 2010s; the minions, apparently).

The three other Try Guys have much stronger “cheugy” personas (goofball, adorkable, hipster-diva) - so maybe he won’t be that missed and they’ll be able to pivot. Given that they must be nearing 40, it’ll be interesting to see how many miles they have left.

by Anonymousreply 48October 5, 2022 3:00 PM

[quote]Alex, the producer he cheated with, was in a long term relationship.

There was a gossip item sent in by someone to DeuxMoi saying the relationship started back in December, and Alex told her fiance she would end it but didn't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 5, 2022 3:07 PM

I simply do NOT understand people who never learned the simple, basic rule: don't shit where you eat...both the literal and figurative meanings.

I cannot fathom being so stupid.

The closest I ever came to doing anything this stupid was when we were hiring a class of analysts and we had one more spot and two candidates on whom the other directors doing the hiring were split. I cast the deciding vote for the hot guy since they both performed comparably during the actual interview and there was no real difference between the two in my mind. Even then, it's not like I would ever make a move on the guy, nor let it impact his work or mine - we were too busy and stupid can cause a world of problems and delays.

by Anonymousreply 50October 5, 2022 3:29 PM

[quote] I hope if and when Alex leaves, they bring Ned back. Then they can do a whole series, creating a redemption arc for Ned, like what [R40] referenced. They could create so much content out of this without getting into specifics about the relationship, which would get a ton of views. I like their channel. They're fun, goofy, and don't take themselves too seriously.

He’s cost them a ton of money and opened them up to huge potential liabilities.

They will not be bringing him back.

by Anonymousreply 51October 5, 2022 5:07 PM

r22 which goes to show women are impossible to please

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 5, 2022 5:12 PM

r48 besides they have that drama of stealing the majority of their content... both individually when they worked for buzzfeed and also when they separated. A lot of that has comeback to bite them especially from gen z that are all practically content creators themselves.

by Anonymousreply 53October 5, 2022 5:15 PM

r44 ah, no righteous political fauxbian rad fems. so unlegit of them.

by Anonymousreply 54October 5, 2022 5:16 PM

[quote] the relationship started back in December, and Alex told her fiance she would end it but didn't.

HARLOT!!

by Anonymousreply 55October 6, 2022 12:56 AM

She's a PRODUCER on the show. Why isn't SHE the one being fired?

by Anonymousreply 56October 6, 2022 3:57 AM

[quote]I simply do NOT understand people who never learned the simple, basic rule: don't shit where you eat...both the literal and figurative meanings. I cannot fathom being so stupid.

It's hubris. Ned always came off as the arrogant frat boy type. The fact that he was exposed in public tells you everything you need to know about the level of this guy's arrogance.

He didn't even try to hide it. He made out with another woman in a crowded club, knowing full well he's an internet celebrity who's ENTIRE public persona and branding revolves around being a doting husband. He and his wife held paid relationship seminars, for Christ's sake.

You have to be an arrogant asshole to green-light this sequence of idiotic decisions and actions in your head. If he had a shred of humility, he never would've gotten to this point.

by Anonymousreply 57October 6, 2022 8:43 AM

HOW THE HELL DO THEY HAVE 27 FULL TIME EMPLOYEES? What do they do all day!?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 6, 2022 12:48 PM

Is this a reality show or a scripted show? And what channel?

by Anonymousreply 59October 6, 2022 2:03 PM

Fulmer's thinking with the wrong head is a classic example of incredible Power of the Pussy.

Some straight men are much more susceptible to it than others.

by Anonymousreply 60October 6, 2022 2:10 PM

"I love my wife. I love my children. And I also love my sidepiece!"

by Anonymousreply 61October 6, 2022 2:12 PM

r61 Seriously, how did his wife delude herself into thinking they can come back from this and make it work? I give her credit for having good taste in men and landing this hottie but she needs to realize it's not going to get any better at this point.

by Anonymousreply 62October 6, 2022 2:16 PM

This sounds like a Simpson’s character and premise.

by Anonymousreply 63October 6, 2022 2:25 PM

They are essentially a TV show in nonstop production, r58. There are employees for production, brand partnerships and sponsorships, story development, marketing, permissions and clearance, interns, yada, yada, yada. They have 8 million subscribers and 2.2 billion views -- those are like better numbers than the majority of broadcast these days.

by Anonymousreply 64October 6, 2022 3:03 PM

They released an episode of their podcast talking about some of the way it went down and the effects on them. It's only Zach and Keith, since Eugene doesn't like doing the podcast.

For those of hoping for a redemption arc for Ned, it's very clear that's that ain't happening.

by Anonymousreply 65October 6, 2022 10:15 PM

I listened to the whole podcast earlier today. Yeah, Ned's not coming back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 6, 2022 10:21 PM

Yeah, they didn't outright say Ned is a dick for fear he would sue them for defamation (which tells you in itself what an asshole they think he is) but it's clear there's no love lost between them. Their theory about him using the same font as them for his own statement was pretty revealing about what they think of his character and integrity. This leads me to believe, even in the end, Ned was still concerned only about himself and not about those he hurt.

by Anonymousreply 67October 7, 2022 9:26 AM

I guess I really bought into the concept that they were all friends making videos together because I’ve been shocked to see how cold they’ve been to Ned. I expected a more nuanced response where they expressed more compassion for the parties involved but they clearly want nothing to do with him any more.

by Anonymousreply 68October 7, 2022 3:05 PM

[quote]I’ve been shocked to see how cold they’ve been to Ned.

Judging by what they were saying, and even more by what they weren’t, it seemed like he was the one who tried to make it dirty.

I mean, having an affair should only be between the parties involved, but he compounded it by doing it at work, with a subordinate, which is legally a no-no. And was brazen enough that he was seen out and about with her even before the one that caused all this.

Yeah, Ned is the one in the wrong.

by Anonymousreply 69October 7, 2022 4:15 PM

R69 agreed plus they also are genuinely quite close to his wife. They’ve known her as long as they’ve known him, were there for both their kids during pregnancy and right after they were born; and she is also a colleague who co runs the most successful of their podcasts. from what we’ve heard he fucked them professionally and fucked over his wife, also a close friend, personally and put them in a terrible legal / difficult PR position. One of the videos that now looks incriminating, where he put his head fully in the affair partner’s lap, his toddler was there for which is pretty gross: I can imagine they might not always be this angry about it actively with time, but they’re prettt done

by Anonymousreply 70October 7, 2022 4:19 PM

[quote]Judging by what they were saying, and even more by what they weren’t, it seemed like he was the one who tried to make it dirty.

I agree. It sounds like Ned didn't go quietly and it was an ugly separation. Any decent person would've left gracefully, but it sounds like Ned was still acting in his own interest til the bitter end. He seems like a narcissist, only concerned about how the situation affects and reflects on him.

by Anonymousreply 71October 8, 2022 7:13 AM

I think that's the end for the group. They have varying degrees of likeability whether it's content or themselves. They had a good run. The tall guy, Keith, appears to do most of the heavy lifting. The short guy, Zach, is expendable. Eugene, just too smarmy and who appointed him spokesperson for all things gay and asian.

by Anonymousreply 72October 8, 2022 8:52 PM

I always figured Eugene would be the one to leave the group first. He seemed the least engaged and was often missing from videos while he was off doing his own projects. Once he got a boyfriend he did seem to become more involved. It must have been hard being a single gay guy in a group of coupled straight guys.

Ned was always my least favorite but losing him does affect the chemistry of the group. They’ve said they’re not going to replace him but rather have guests fill the gap. Maybe they’ll land on a regular replacement at some point in the future. But I’m kind of with r72 in that it could be the end of the group. Seems like they all have other things they want to work on so it could be the right time.

by Anonymousreply 73October 8, 2022 11:50 PM

Ned was also the one who organized them in the first place. As they were planning on leaving Buzzfeed, they didn’t originally all intend to stick together and form their own company.

by Anonymousreply 74October 9, 2022 1:18 AM

There's a difference between legality and morality in a case like this. Legally, they have grounds to fire Ned because it was an office thing, leaving the company vulnerable to a shake down by Alex. Morally, I don't think it was a great move. Yes, Ned transgressed... and everyone is worried about his branding as the Wife Guy. But what about their brand as ensemble? It was supposed to be about friendship and loyalty.... but now that's shot to hell. They canned his ass *immediately* I mean, what the hell?! People make mistakes. I know they're scared and need to pander to their woke millenial/ frau demo...but the way they're acting, you'd think he was walking around the Grove bayonetting babies. This could hurt their branding in the long run because all this crap about "I was the groomsman at your wedding, we looked after your kid" etc goes out the window now. Apparently it was *always* just business with them.

by Anonymousreply 75October 9, 2022 3:42 AM

YB Chang was also in some ways affected by what Ned did because she was the other half of the "Food Babies" and friends with Alex. I believe she also did some video editing for the Try Guys and that those videos now won't be released along with the "Food Babies" show being put on the backburner until further notice.

I've seen some suggest that maybe Kwesi should replace Ned as the new 4th Try Guy but I don't think he would want to do it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76November 17, 2022 7:43 AM

[quote]The tall guy, Keith, appears to do most of the heavy lifting. The short guy, Zach, is expendable.

I got them mixed up with the Impractical Jokers for a second and thought Zach was Murr and thinking no, he’s not the most expendable member.

by Anonymousreply 77November 17, 2022 8:19 AM

But I didn't inhale.

by Anonymousreply 78November 17, 2022 8:27 AM

Does Ned have to wear a scarlet "A" now?

Gen Z are the new puritans.

by Anonymousreply 79November 17, 2022 11:56 AM

People at my work have affairs with each other all the time. None of us shunned them or had these dramatics. We know they’re all consenting adults and can make their own choices. Who are we to force them into staying in a loveless marriage?

by Anonymousreply 80November 17, 2022 4:48 PM

R80 Ned was also Alex's boss. Which could have opened them up to a lawsuit where Alex could claim that there was a power imbalance and that she was afraid of losing her job if she didn't sleep with him.

by Anonymousreply 81December 2, 2022 2:05 AM

Wow, what a self-important, pompous douchebag the guy at R76 is. He is so offended how SNL and the media treated the Try Guys and not taking his “industry” seriously, the industry of influencers and YouTubers. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 82December 2, 2022 5:56 AM

It takes two to tango. She's a cheater as well.

Gen Z problems.... yawn...

by Anonymousreply 83December 2, 2022 6:47 AM

But she’s at no fault! It was a power dynamic! He needs to be jailed!

by Anonymousreply 84December 2, 2022 6:50 AM

I still want to see his dick.

by Anonymousreply 85December 2, 2022 8:00 AM

Where's all the name calling?

by Anonymousreply 86December 3, 2022 5:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!