Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends... another claustrophobic NYC apt.

The couch is visible in every shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 25, 2023 8:42 PM

This is the apartment previously belonging to Taylor J Phillips.

He uses the word 'gallerist'?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 25, 2022 2:26 AM

His decor is a jumble of styles that overwhelm the small space. It looks like a crowded shop.

by Anonymousreply 2September 25, 2022 2:27 AM

I'm sure some snowflake will soon be whining about animal heads.

by Anonymousreply 3September 25, 2022 2:28 AM

BDF with this guy for sure.

by Anonymousreply 4September 26, 2022 9:06 AM

He looks like Jake gyllenhall after a freak automobile accident. I had to mute the video. Everything screams "waste of good money". The monogrammed sleepers= Bitch, please. But the grandmother sure had good taste. The clock, the bench.

by Anonymousreply 5September 26, 2022 9:26 AM

Nice but I feel like I would knock something down when I moved, he needs to take a few things out

by Anonymousreply 6September 26, 2022 9:28 AM

Well, he's no Blake and Rufus...

by Anonymousreply 7September 26, 2022 9:31 AM

I miss Blake and Rufus more tan I could say. What are they about ?

by Anonymousreply 8September 26, 2022 9:35 AM

Oh Nat...please don't dance.

by Anonymousreply 9September 26, 2022 9:36 AM

R2 is correct. Too many unrelated objects.

by Anonymousreply 10September 26, 2022 9:40 AM

The UES...I wonder if he gets invited to Ramona Singer's birthday party?

by Anonymousreply 11September 26, 2022 9:40 AM

I don't understand "interior decorating". An apt is not a christmas tree. You live in the thing, you buy nice stuff that you like and can afford, you spend minimum repair if it's rental, and after 15 years it looks the way it looks, if you have good taste good for you. Why on earth would a single man "decorate" a bloody apt ? You make nice for the children IMO. What with all these queens thinking they're Robert Kime ?

by Anonymousreply 12September 26, 2022 9:40 AM

Another rental?

Are there no gay men in NY who own?

by Anonymousreply 13September 26, 2022 9:43 AM

Four poster "stainless steel" bed?

by Anonymousreply 14September 26, 2022 9:46 AM

I would guess Nathan is an enthusiastic bottom...

Just remember to wear your guest slippers.

by Anonymousreply 15September 26, 2022 10:01 AM

R15, he's absurdly pretentious

by Anonymousreply 16September 26, 2022 10:02 AM

What's going on with his mouth? His top lip appears to be seized up. I'm guessing too much Botox. And put on some damn socks you fool!

The apartment is attractive, but way overfilled. He said he could fit 4 people on each couch. I'd hate to see 9 people in that minuscule apartment. There would be accidental anal all over the damn place.

by Anonymousreply 17September 26, 2022 10:25 AM

R12, there are certain professions, the higher end of arts being one of them, where entertaining is a major part of the job. Note that the apartment is set up for conversation, drinks, and dining. It is not set up for watching one's jumbo TV. It is as much a professional space as it is a personal space.

That said, he needs an interior designer. One of the things that a good interior designer will do is establish practical traffic patterns. Even watching him move around his own house, the patterns are awkward. I would never use the Arco Standing lamp for the dining area. It is awkward an uses valuable floor space. (Not to mention that is so last decade. I imagine it was yet another gift from someone updating their home. It is the Blanche DuBois school of design. )

by Anonymousreply 18September 26, 2022 10:34 AM

He's cute

by Anonymousreply 19September 26, 2022 10:39 AM

Boring. Everything too small and too many. Too many of the people featured in this YouTube channel live in fear of a big piece of furniture or a big painting. Instead they buy everything underscaled and then fill the gaps with more little tables and tiny loveseats and too small chairs. Bigger furniture and less of it would look better and make the space seem larger and unified, not 150 things none larger than a loveseat and most of them not much larger than 9" x 12" or 16" x 20" duking it out (looking at you, yellow "h-e-l-l-o") -- a room full of bottoms arguing, "fuck me!," "No, fuck me!"

The apartment looks nice enough, nothing special, but it's filled to the brim with too many unrelated ideas about a gentleman's life. Stop fussing about with definitions and lead your gentleman's life...don't tell us your philosophy behind it. And make these videos short and stop giving boring people a forum to ramble on stupidly about their ideas. The problem is that they don't have ideas -- or they have too many of them.

by Anonymousreply 20September 26, 2022 10:44 AM

R20, I think you missed the point that it was essentially an advertorial for Lincoln Center.

by Anonymousreply 21September 26, 2022 10:48 AM

He's a modern gentleman.

by Anonymousreply 22September 26, 2022 11:22 AM

New Yorkers have to settle for so much less (especially in size) than the rest of us. My bedroom is about the same size as his whole apartment.

by Anonymousreply 23September 26, 2022 11:48 AM

[quote]New Yorkers have to settle for so much less (especially in size)

I don't know...with that stainless steel four-poster bed, I think Nathan may be getting a lot more freaky in the bedroom than you're giving him credit for

by Anonymousreply 24September 26, 2022 7:42 PM

[quote]You make nice for the children IMO. What with all these queens thinking they're Robert Kime ?

You know Robert Kime but you barely know English?

by Anonymousreply 25September 26, 2022 7:46 PM

I wonder if Nathan and Blake (of Blake and Rufus) get their crested velvet loafers from the same store?

by Anonymousreply 26September 26, 2022 10:44 PM

R25 respect for an eldergay here. I can barely type with two fingers. I've invented my own DL vernacular

by Anonymousreply 27September 26, 2022 10:47 PM

But it's New York...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 16, 2022 6:12 PM

The mud grey walls are too dark and depressing. The whole place feels like a tomb. Hideous oversized boxy "antiques". How many space-gobbling useless old record players, radios and thick cabinets do you need? Ugly bland cheap looking couches. The coffee table is too high, too small and the wrong color. Clutter and randomness rule, the few good pieces overwhelmed with claptrap. Lose the gold spraypainted West Elm paper head, the bull horns and dead deer head to start. Then another 50% of his "collection". Space stealing dreck. The four-post bed posts take up more visual space making the already small bedroom feel smaller. "I usually don't have strangers in my bedroom" is ASKING for mockery. Bitch, please. That voice says otherwise. He should spend some of the money from his flea market finds on fixing his teeth.

by Anonymousreply 29October 16, 2022 8:41 PM

That stiff top lip has felched some dirty trade hole in its time.

by Anonymousreply 30October 18, 2022 5:50 PM

there is too much dead animals on the wall. chuck all of that shit out. too much shit in it.

by Anonymousreply 31January 25, 2023 2:10 AM

Sad development queen. "Welcome to my foyer." Why must this crowd be so pretentious? He's asking REAL, RICH people for money. He's not rich himself.

by Anonymousreply 32January 25, 2023 2:15 AM

Also, I can't stop looking at his fat role just at the belly. He's basically thin, and he's not unattractive, but the cut of the suit and the button above the fat roll. Why?

by Anonymousreply 33January 25, 2023 2:26 AM

Modern gentlemen ??? Have i been been time traveled backwards to the fifties ?

by Anonymousreply 34January 25, 2023 2:39 AM

Too many "tiny" pictures on wall. Needs one or two medium to large pictures or paintings.

by Anonymousreply 35January 25, 2023 2:40 AM

it's nice that his grandparents left him furniture but i pity the cleaning lady who has to dust all that shit in the apt!

by Anonymousreply 36January 25, 2023 2:41 AM

fat ROLL mea culpa

by Anonymousreply 37January 25, 2023 2:42 AM

speaking of prewar apts...are you guys familiar with those clanking, banging sounds when the heat comes on? If an apt has that clanking, banging sound, does that mean the whole building has it?

by Anonymousreply 38January 25, 2023 2:42 AM

I dunno, he might be fun to get high with; that bed was definitely bought with restraints in mind. I mean he's way too much of a production to even consider for anything longterm, but maybe hang around after one of his dinner parties and spend a ridiculous weekend with him might be fun.

by Anonymousreply 39January 25, 2023 2:53 AM

That’s a lot of stuff to have to put away when the orgy kicks off after the third martini is downed and the amyl bottle passed around.

by Anonymousreply 40January 25, 2023 2:54 AM

I love him, and I love the apartment...

He has his own sense of style...So what???

Yes, it's cluttered. Get rid of those horns, the oversized red Chinese armoire/cabinet, and that arched steel lighting fixture over the dining room table. How often do you think his dinner guests hit that thing?

He's adorable with his little pot belly, large hands, and perfectly parted hair.

I bet he lurks around here!

by Anonymousreply 41January 25, 2023 3:10 AM

It reminds me of TGI Fridays with every bit of wall space covered with old shit.

by Anonymousreply 42January 25, 2023 3:11 AM

I thought this guy was pretty adorable and he seems like he would throw a fun dinner party. Agree with someone upthread about possible BDF, too. I don't know about orgies though, with that white couch.

by Anonymousreply 43January 25, 2023 3:11 AM

He’s cute!

by Anonymousreply 44January 25, 2023 3:21 AM

"Gallerist"

"Sanctuary"

A touch of Edie Beale in this one.

by Anonymousreply 45January 25, 2023 3:43 AM

poor as a pauper!

by Anonymousreply 46January 25, 2023 3:49 AM

Would love to hang out with him at his place as a friend or dinner guest. Love the wall color and eclectic style. I don't think this is pretentious; it's a creative use of a small space on a limited budget. I envy that, as I lack a sense of style, can't decorate, and have no patience for it. Will be selling a small house in a big city soon to retire to a larger house in a smaller town. Love watching these shows for decorating/furnishing ideas and will rely on estate and garage sales, consignment shops -- and my partner's opinions (we won't be moving in together until retirement). Looking forward to having the time to make a new home, entertain, and have house guests.

by Anonymousreply 47January 25, 2023 4:57 AM

Bingo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48January 25, 2023 6:59 AM

How many dead animals does he have to hang on his walls?

by Anonymousreply 49January 25, 2023 7:11 AM

Somehow I just don't see his kitschy sunken living room chock-a-block with intimate work social events and names like Auchincloss, Getty, Niachros, Ford Foundation officers... Barely time enough for the maid to tidy up before the next smart entertainment.

There's fuck all to see here. Kitsch. "Antiques" of absolutely no value -- his grandfather,'s precious clock could be had for $60 if it were working; the radio in cabinet a couple hundred, the red lacquered Chinese cabinet in the living room $500. Nothing wrong with having a $500 cabinet (I like it actually), but it's just that and nothing more: it's not incredibly personal (like the clock) or important or bold or valuable or even the tiniest bit unusual (wherever you go in the world you'll find a store that sells them, for the equivalent of about $500 -- it's the ramen noodles of furniture, the same cheap price around the world.)

What's wrong is being so fucking fussy and anal about every little precious object when they're not remotely precious. You can buy Bette Midler photos bearing here original signature and "Aloha!", as many as you could want, for about $100 a pop or less.

There's no "interior decoration," it's just accumulation. Fine again; it's what most people do with their houses. But don't make like you're Billy Baldwin trying out a novel idea for bookcases.

Stop being so fucking precious about everything. He's not special for his interior decoration skills. He's not even interesting, but I wouldn't mind if he were at all relaxed and modest about showing people around, a little case study of how one man lives in NYC. That could --in theory-- be interesting. It's not interesting to pretend that he's done something unique and special and that he has great advice to offer when he hasn't and doesn't.

I blame the producers of this ridiculous series. Has any subject of the series every opened their door like a normal, relaxed non-amphetamined person? No, every time it's jack-in-the-box popping out with "Hiiiiii! I'm a prissy pretentious queen! Welcome to my apartment!" And then proceeds to waste all kinds of time when 10inutes would have been more than sufficient.

And the series host's voice. It's like chewing glass.

by Anonymousreply 50January 25, 2023 9:12 AM

It’s almost as though he doesn’t stop for breath. Exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 51January 25, 2023 9:17 AM

Well hello, welcome to my foyer.

by Anonymousreply 52January 25, 2023 9:24 AM

Thank you, R48/menluvinguy for that link.

by Anonymousreply 53January 25, 2023 11:53 AM

Big ole queen who sounds like a nice fellow. He does good work (Geffen Hall) and he’s clearly a generous guy. Not really my taste but I live in a similarly small coop that is a mix of family and favorite things over the years: furniture and art. That makes it a comfortable home and one that I like to to share from time to time.

Many people completely start from scratch in a new home especially if they are affluent. I guess it’s old fashioned to inherit and keep, collect and winnow down to favorite items. That’s what I’ve done. I do seek the advice from a best friend who is a terrific designer- and had access to the best (at a discount to me :) when I want something.

by Anonymousreply 54January 25, 2023 1:24 PM

Those aren’t “light bulbs” in the radio, honey.

by Anonymousreply 55January 25, 2023 2:19 PM

I like the concept of that four-poster bed, and since it doesn't have built-in hooks for restraints, I don't think it came from Dungeon Beds. It just doesn't go in his apartment, especially with those end tables.

The "My Queen" antique sheet music framed above the bed wasn't nearly as funny as he thought it was.

by Anonymousreply 56January 25, 2023 2:29 PM

I admire him for keeping his naturally uneven teeth.

by Anonymousreply 57January 25, 2023 2:30 PM

He's friends with another Homeworthy queen, the preptastic Rudy Saunders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 25, 2023 2:39 PM

The jacket on the shoulders trick. Hmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 59January 25, 2023 2:46 PM

I wonder if he would like my Friendly Village service, never used, for 10. No one in my family wants it. I bought it before I moved away from the USA. I recall I selected the more colorful and attractive scenes. It's too heavy and fragile to ship to Europe and the Middle East where I live.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 25, 2023 2:57 PM

r50, you could calm down a little too.

Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 61January 25, 2023 3:07 PM

I chuckled at that too R55 -- While radio tubes are well before his time, he's certainly old enough to remember TV tubes.

by Anonymousreply 62January 25, 2023 4:55 PM

R54 - Why do you say he's "obviously generous"? I'm not suggesting he isn't, I just don't know what about his apartment tour told you that. If you're referring to his job, as a VP at Lincoln Center, I imagine he makes a very good salary; it's not volunteer work.

by Anonymousreply 63January 25, 2023 5:12 PM

You know, I would open my home up if for nothing else than to read the derisive DL comments!

by Anonymousreply 64January 25, 2023 5:16 PM

[quote]You know, I would open my home up if for nothing else than to read the derisive DL comments!

"What a dump!" immediately comes to mind.

by Anonymousreply 65January 25, 2023 5:33 PM

Actually, for NYC he's lucky to have separate areas with a bedroom and windows that look out to nature rather than a brick wall.

by Anonymousreply 66January 25, 2023 5:37 PM

He looks like he has dirty sex.

And I mean that literally. Like, unclean sheets.

by Anonymousreply 67January 25, 2023 8:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!