Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A Texas sheriff will investigate DeSantis' flight of migrants to Martha's Vineyard

Authorities in Texas have opened a criminal investigation into Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' flight last week that took roughly 50 Venezuelan migrants to Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts. Javier Salazar, the sheriff of Bexar County, where San Antonio is located, said in a news release Monday that his office is investigating whether the migrants were victims of crimes ...

Salazar held a Facebook Live news conference over the Bexar County Sheriff's Office page, answering reporters' questions.

"What we understand is a Venezuelan migrant was paid a bird-dog fee to recruit 50 migrants who were then were lured — and I will use the word "lured" under false pretenses — to staying in a hotel for a few days, then taken to an airplane where they were flown to Florida and then Martha's Vineyard under false pretenses of being offered jobs," says Salazar. "For what we can gather, a little more than a photo op, a video op, and then they were left there."

The sheriff continued to explain his anger over the incident and the false promises that brought the migrants onto the plane.

"What infuriates me the most is what we have is 48 people here legally — they have every right to be here and they were preyed upon. Lured with promises of a better life and with the knowledge they would cling anything that was offered for a better life and were exploited and hoodwinked to make the trip to Florida for what I believe was political posturing."

"When you're playing with human lives, people that have every right to be here, that does tend to bother me quite a bit. We are absolutely opening an investigation into this."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188June 6, 2023 6:22 AM

And this will certainly go somewhere!

by Anonymousreply 1September 20, 2022 2:04 PM

I don't expect DeSantis will have to reckon with any real consequences; I doubt he saw all this backlash coming, though. I don't think he'll reap the benefits he was expecting from his stunt.

by Anonymousreply 2September 20, 2022 2:11 PM

R2, there's supposedly another flight scheduled to take more migrants from Texas to Florida to Biden's house on the same plane. Someone posted about the flight plan in another thread.

I hope he gets charged with kidnapping, false imprisonment, illegally moving minors across state lines, and on and on.

by Anonymousreply 3September 20, 2022 2:16 PM

Nothing ever happens to Him.

by Anonymousreply 4September 20, 2022 2:16 PM

good. Texans investigating Floridians.

by Anonymousreply 5September 20, 2022 2:21 PM

a fake brochure promising eight months cash assistance, food, job training/placement, help with housing + more was given to migrants who were lured by @GovRonDeSantis into boarding a flight to martha’s vineyard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 20, 2022 2:24 PM

Currently, both of the top two 2024 Republican frontrunners are under criminal investigation.

So much for the party of law and order.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 20, 2022 2:29 PM

Last Wednesday, two planes landed in Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts, and dropped off about 50 migrants from Venezuela. DeSantis quickly took credit. The migrants were used as political pawns in the hopes of provoking a negative reaction from a liberal community.

"When people are brought to their front door, they go berserk," DeSantis said.

"Their virtue signaling is a fraud." But the people in Martha's Vineyard did not go berserk. Instead, they rallied together to provide shelter, food, clothing, and other necessities for the group.

On Friday, Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker (R) facilitated their voluntary relocation to Joint Base Cape Cod, which is "a safe temporary accommodation appropriate for the specific needs of families and individuals."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 20, 2022 2:31 PM

BREAKING: Florida's Voice has confirmed with Ron DeSantis' office the below brochure was given to migrants who were voluntarily flown to Martha's Vineyard

The brochure contains information directly from the Massachusetts government website

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 20, 2022 2:33 PM

If DeSantis runs in '24, a good campaign will be....Kidnapper, human trafficker in chief. I hope this really bites him in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 10September 20, 2022 2:36 PM

Boston immigration attorney Rachel Self explains all we need to know about the lawful asylum seekers that DeSantis sent to Martha’s Vineyard.

DHS officials gave them falsified U.S. addresses, likely ensuring that they’d be deemed in our country illegally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 20, 2022 2:37 PM

Words cannot express how much I hate this man.

This (gubernatorial) election can't come soon enough for me... OTOH, he'll probably win, and then I'll have to jump off a bridge.

by Anonymousreply 12September 20, 2022 2:39 PM

A woman named "Perla" was the person who enticed Venezuelan asylum seekers onto a plane in San Antonio, using brochures that falsely promised assistance at their destination. This "Perla" was described as a white woman with blonde hair.

This is Christina Pushaw, DeSantis minion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 20, 2022 2:42 PM

So far Arizona has spent $4m on migrant buses to DC.

Texas has spent $12m.

Florida appropriated $12m.

If this is really about “sharing the burden” of cost of absorbing migrants — wasting money on pranks is a strange way to demonstrate state fiscal duress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 20, 2022 2:46 PM

[quote] This (gubernatorial) election can't come soon enough for me... OTOH, he'll probably win, and then I'll have to jump off a bridge.

I hear ya.

But I’m clinging to hope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 20, 2022 2:48 PM

So the person who lured them onto the planes was also a Venezuelan migrant? She was tricked into this too, I'm guessing. It's so vile. I can't believe anyone could do this and live with themselves. Actually, whoever did it probably enjoyed it and has been tickled pink by the results.

by Anonymousreply 16September 20, 2022 2:48 PM

Jesus god r13, what is wrong with that woman's face?

by Anonymousreply 17September 20, 2022 2:49 PM

Twitter describes the expression as a 1000 ft maga stare,r17

by Anonymousreply 18September 20, 2022 2:51 PM

someone who is a republican and has a lot of money is hiring people to talk people into coming to the border. in these awful countries I don't think things are any worse than they have ever been in these countries yet they are flooding this country. they need to stop those people in order to try and get some of this under control. It started with Trump when he accused all the immigrants of awful things and how they were going to be coming here nonstop. Then lo and behold we all of a sudden had a crisis with so many people trying to get in. It slowed down and then Biden was elected and again they are flooding in. This is no coincidence.

I have never hated anyone before but these men and women with money who can never have enough make me sick along with about 90% of our elected republican politicians along with 30% of registered Republicans. I am no longer sure I will live long enough to see this get all straightened out. For money and power they do not care who or what they destroy.

by Anonymousreply 19September 20, 2022 3:30 PM

These weren't people crossing the border, these were Venezuelans who were being processed as LEGAL immigrants who were applying for asylum status.

Someone changed their addresses and information in the government system, per an immigration lawyer working with them, trying to hide the fact that they were asylum seekers.

by Anonymousreply 20September 20, 2022 3:36 PM

If you find this disgusting and live in Florida (you have my sympathies), go vote for Charlie Crist. And if you aren't registered, REGISTER NOW!

by Anonymousreply 21September 20, 2022 3:42 PM

R20. maga doesn't "do" facts

by Anonymousreply 22September 20, 2022 5:27 PM

I live in PA not FL and we are fighting our own battles with Mastriano and OZ. I will be voting against both of them.

I wasn't just talking about the current Venezuelans. I am talking about all that has happened since Trump.

by Anonymousreply 23September 20, 2022 5:30 PM

I hate to be Debbie Downer, but fatso Ron or Hot Wheels Abbott won't be punished. It's like when Chris Christie ordered that bridge to Jersey shut down--they know how to say/do things like a mob boss and not be explicit about it. Just like their leader Trump does. Maybe a few lower level flunkies will be prosecuted, like happened with Bridgegate. The Republican Party is a criminal enterprise.

by Anonymousreply 24September 20, 2022 5:31 PM

Team - These are the barbarians taking money to fly @GovRonDeSantis illegal asylum seeker flights.

@flyUltimateAir

You know what to do. Let's make sure their customers know the type of business people they are using for their charters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 20, 2022 5:33 PM

Sorry to be superficial, but is the woman at r13 really this “Perla” person? And more importantly, why does her face look like the human embodiment of Big Bird?

by Anonymousreply 26September 20, 2022 5:35 PM

"Here’s the thing about @RonDeSantisFL : He’s not ready for prime time. They’ve kept him protected in a safe cocoon taking softballs from the likes of Hannity. He’s easily offended. He’s easily angered. He reacts horribly when challenged. And he has a glass jaw."

Same thing here in PA with Doug Mastriano. He already has bodyguards around him to prevent him from someone who doesn't think he's fucking god.

These "Il Douche" wannabes really are delicate little pussies whose outsized egos must be stroked constantly.

by Anonymousreply 27September 20, 2022 5:35 PM

Repeating "nothing ever happens to them" over and over again is sexually gratifying for maga.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 20, 2022 5:37 PM

Biden moves migrants to Florida. DeSantis moves them to MA. How is there any difference?

by Anonymousreply 29September 20, 2022 5:37 PM

Facts are irrelevant to maga. Only thing their rancid belief system is relevant.

by Anonymousreply 30September 20, 2022 5:40 PM

The San Antonio sheriff is launching a criminal probe into DeSantis’s kidnapping operation:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 20, 2022 5:42 PM

Did President Biden have brochures printed up to lure asylum seekers aboard an airplane for assistance that wouldn't be waiting for them?

If so, provide a link to a credible source.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 20, 2022 5:48 PM

Facts don't matter. Blacks don't matter. Only my feelings matter.

by Anonymousreply 33September 20, 2022 5:52 PM

R16.

Not too difficult to find a diseased prostitute to stand in front of desperate people and lie to them.

by Anonymousreply 34September 20, 2022 5:57 PM

R13 wtf is that?

by Anonymousreply 35September 20, 2022 5:58 PM

Facts are slowly trickling in.

A white female with blond hair lured asylum seekers to board the plane with assurances help would be waiting for them.

It hasn't been confirmed if Pushpaw is that person.

by Anonymousreply 36September 20, 2022 6:02 PM

What the hell kind of name is Pushpaw?

by Anonymousreply 37September 20, 2022 6:05 PM

Not confirmed yet.

Fact= asylum seekers were lured aboard a plane by a white female with blond hair.

Not confirmed Christina Pushaw is the person

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 20, 2022 6:09 PM

I got kicked off Twitter for posting this cartoon to Christina Pushaw's page. She's a con and many believe a Russian asset

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 20, 2022 6:10 PM

"Pushaw" is supposedly a bastardized variant of the French name Pochard, which was already a variant of Bouchard.

by Anonymousreply 40September 20, 2022 6:11 PM

Last night on Fox News, @RonDeSantisFL said that he hired a "vendor" to lure migrants onto charter planes in Texas.

What vendor did DeSantis hire and how much was the vendor paid?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 20, 2022 6:13 PM

The offer must've been tremendous for Pushpaw to manage to lure anyone despite the ongoing situation on her face.

by Anonymousreply 42September 20, 2022 6:19 PM

DeSantis defends Christina Pushaw after report of her registering as foreign agent

Pushaw, DeSantis’ press secretary, worked for the former president of the country of Georgia from 2018-2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 20, 2022 6:20 PM

Lock him up

by Anonymousreply 44September 20, 2022 6:22 PM

Facts. Don't. Matter.

by Anonymousreply 45September 20, 2022 6:23 PM

As I noted last night, a lynching posse came for sheriff within minutes of his press conference.

Criticism will not be tolerated!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 20, 2022 6:27 PM

Goddamn, it's Russians all the way down.

by Anonymousreply 47September 20, 2022 6:31 PM

[quote]The Lincoln Project@ProjectLincoln - Currently, both of the top two 2024 Republican frontrunners are under criminal investigation.

The Manatee and DeWannabe

by Anonymousreply 48September 20, 2022 6:32 PM

It appears that Ron DeSantis is having trouble rounding up more victims in his latest kidnapping spree. Word has spread that his maps and brochures are all lies. The candyman got caught.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 20, 2022 6:37 PM

Doesn't matter, R49. We're talking about a self-styled Mussolini/Mafioso wannabe Republican. He'll herd them up at gun point and force them on the plane, and no one will say a fucking word about it and the MAGAts will cum all over themselves just thinking about it.

by Anonymousreply 50September 20, 2022 6:41 PM

R49:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 20, 2022 7:09 PM

Gov. Ron DeSantis on Wednesday defended his press secretary, Christina Pushaw, after The Washington Post reported that Pushaw this week registered as a foreign agent because of previous work for the former president of the country of Georgia.

The Post report said Pushaw “belatedly” registered as a foreign agent of Mikheil Saakashvili after working for Saakashvili from 2018 to 2020.

The Post quoted Pushaw’s attorney as saying that the U.S. Department of Justice had contacted Pushaw to inform her of a requirement to register under the Foreign Agents Registration Act.

Democrats, including Florida gubernatorial candidates Nikki Fried and Charlie Crist, quickly criticized DeSantis and Pushaw.

But asked about the Post story, DeSantis described it as a “smear” against Pushaw.

“I am not deterred by any smear piece from these legacy media outlets. The only reason they’re attacking her is because she does a great job, and she’s very effective at calling out their lies and their phony narratives. And so, whenever they’re smearing somebody, you know that person is over the target, and so they’re scared of that. I would be much more concerned with my press secretary if The Washington Post was writing puff pieces about her,” DeSantis said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 20, 2022 7:11 PM

VICTORY! The @GovRonDeSantis illegal express canceled the flight from San Antonio to Delaware today! The tucked their tails & fled!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 20, 2022 7:14 PM

Lord, I just can't. I can't believe this is where we are politically and it all feels so toxic and maybe the cruelty is the point. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 54September 20, 2022 7:14 PM

He was just on CNN sayin they should be allowed in and given jobs.

by Anonymousreply 55September 20, 2022 7:18 PM

So, maga is gonna make America great again by handing over the keys to Russia? Is that how this works?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56September 20, 2022 7:18 PM

Republicans love to work for the Russians.

The former head of the NY FBI office's Intelligence department, Charles McGonigle, went to work for Oleg Deripaska and "belatedly registered" as a foreign agent, too, and now he's under investigation for working for the Russians while STILL IN the FBI.

by Anonymousreply 57September 20, 2022 7:19 PM

[quote]the ongoing situation on her face

Very polite.

by Anonymousreply 58September 20, 2022 7:19 PM

R51 ≠ R53

by Anonymousreply 59September 20, 2022 7:20 PM

These people are working to undermine the standard of living in America and free elections.

by Anonymousreply 60September 20, 2022 7:23 PM

Although the state budget provision DeSantis is using to transport these folks required them to be in Florida, DeSantis is now skipping that step altogether. Last week he brought them to Florida from Texas.

Today's flight was scheduled to stop in Crestview, Florida but he changed plans.

Now, spooked by presence at Crestview, FL airport, the flight is skipping Florida altogether heading to Delaware from Texas through Tennessee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61September 20, 2022 7:28 PM

Twitter is a place where accounts try to be first in relaying information, this leads to redundancies and inaccuracies.

This account is a blue check who is connecting the dots about the scheme with accuracy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62September 20, 2022 7:31 PM

The funny and nerdy/hot Seth Meyers explains it all for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63September 20, 2022 7:38 PM

@GovAbbottand @GovRonDeSantis are colluding to traffic human beings. Isn't that RICO?

But today, the people and decent elected officials stood up to both of these monsters.

Their plane turned tail and ran scared back to NJ.

Looking forward to @sheriffsalazar's investigation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64September 20, 2022 7:45 PM

The October Surprise is bound to be a doozy this year!

Stock up on your celebratory champagne, folks. There'll be a run on the wine and liquor stores once the Feds, et al start indicting these bastards.

by Anonymousreply 65September 20, 2022 7:49 PM

Just want to be able to cast my vote and have that vote counted without violence or trouble. Maga does not like this. Maga does not like majority rule. Maga does not like free and fair elections. Maga = I hate the United States

by Anonymousreply 66September 20, 2022 7:54 PM

Make America Great Again? Hire Russian agents?

by Anonymousreply 67September 20, 2022 7:55 PM

Back the blue? Assault and kill fellow cops?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 20, 2022 7:58 PM

[quote] At the White House, press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said the administration was aware of reports that a plane was heading to Delaware and that it had been in "close contact" with Delaware officials. The White House has not been in touch with DeSantis or his administration, she said.

[quote] “Our heads up did not come from Gov. DeSantis because his only goal, as he's made it really quite clear, is to create chaos and using immigrants fleeing communism as political pawns,” Jean-Pierre said. “So it's about creating political theater for him. It's not about getting to a solution.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69September 20, 2022 8:19 PM

Jean Pierre is a light weight.

by Anonymousreply 70September 20, 2022 8:22 PM

Thanks for the link, r69

by Anonymousreply 71September 20, 2022 8:24 PM

This is what I've been thinking.

DeSantis is a bully and, at heart, really weak (and short and fat, but I digress). Casler goes on:

[quote] I use to say DeSantis was Trump with self-discipline but he's become sloppy & cocky and isn't as smart as he think he is, my advice is to relentlessly investigate this stunt. He's sweating under the sh*tty suit.

I've said before that I think he's on a leash held by mainline GOP who stoke the cascade of a firebrand because that is what is getting their agenda passed (at the moment). But those people working in the dark don't have to answer to anyone. As much as they SHOULD care about electoral success, they are more hedonistic and focused on being victorious in their generations long quests (overturning Roe) and spite ("owning" x, y, or z). DeSantis is as disposable to them as Paul Ryan or even the legacy of John McCain.

As someone said upthread, figure out who is spiking the influx of migrants and who is doing the "research" and who is contracting the relocation to fix the problem. I would love to see DeSantis get burned in the process--and I have a bit of hope that this might be just the one or two grains of sand necessary to keep him from getting re-elected--but I suspect thee is a much bigger scandal in the works here. Bigger than the San Antonio Sheriff or even the governors of Texas and Florida.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 20, 2022 8:49 PM

Lawsuit filed:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 20, 2022 8:57 PM

People talk and talk and talk but never have anything to say.

by Anonymousreply 74September 20, 2022 9:08 PM

^ What song is that from? 🤔

by Anonymousreply 75September 20, 2022 9:12 PM

In 2018, Gillum was the nominee of the Florida Democratic Party to be the governor of Florida. He had won the Democratic primary election over a field of five other candidates, including former U.S. representative Gwen Graham and former Miami Beach mayor Philip Levine. In the general election, he lost in a close race to Republican U.S. representative Ron DeSantis.

In 2022, Gillum was indicted on 21 felony counts, including wire fraud, conspiracy, and making false statements, for allegedly diverting money raised during the campaign to a company controlled by one of his top advisor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76September 20, 2022 9:14 PM

Gilliam, a closeted black gay won the gubernatorial election in 18, in the same fashion Clinton won the presidential election in 2016.

Pukes pulled the switcheroo to secure a win for DeSantis.

Pukes don't win elections anymore which is why they are openly embracing fascism, authoritarian and Mother Russia.

by Anonymousreply 77September 20, 2022 9:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78September 20, 2022 9:43 PM

R76 / R77, I said here at the time and I'll say again here, now (and maybe on the "conspiracies only you believe" thread) that the circumstances of Gillum's ignominious fall seemed very, suspicious. Add to that the LACK of gloating from the DeSantis camp.

I always wondered if the destruction of Gillum was a signal from TPTB to keep in line.

Which, actually, ties into my thoughts at R72 about why this may seem like a reckless move by DeSantis and the comments elsewhere about how he's struggling to coherently articulate a gameplan.

by Anonymousreply 79September 20, 2022 9:51 PM

Gilliam, was photographed completely incapacitated and nude.

One of the people in the room with him, cruelly stood directly over Gillium to take photos and his foot is the image.

Isn't it strange that no one else in that room with Gillium was similarly incapacitated?

by Anonymousreply 80September 20, 2022 9:59 PM

t one point, one of the undercover FBI agents offered to contribute money to Gillum surreptitiously on the condition that Southern Pines get favorable consideration in City Hall, the indictment said. Gillum, unaware that he and an unnamed associate were talking to an undercover agent, later lied in June 2017 to the FBI by saying he had cut off contact with "Southern Pines," according to the indictment.

The FBI investigation and the revelations of his hobnobbing with lobbyists helped doom his campaign against DeSantis, who repeatedly described Gillum as “corrupt” and defeated him by less than half a percentage point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81September 20, 2022 10:02 PM

Florida taxpayers already paid $1.5 million for this stunt — they should not have to pay a dollar more.

Ron DeSantis should fund his defense and pay damages through his campaign account.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82September 20, 2022 10:42 PM

If they are illegal immigrants, how could they have legal documents/ IDs to board a plane? That's another lawbreaking issue committed by the DeSatanist gang.

by Anonymousreply 83September 20, 2022 10:45 PM

Lock him up!

by Anonymousreply 84September 20, 2022 10:47 PM

R83, you can have an ID from any country

by Anonymousreply 85September 20, 2022 10:56 PM

Migrants flown to Massachusetts file class action lawsuit against DeSantis and other Florida officials in federal court.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86September 20, 2022 11:55 PM

A Texas sheriff? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I think the "results" of the investigation were already determined before the investigation was announced.

by Anonymousreply 87September 21, 2022 12:10 AM

[quote] Isn't it strange that no one else in that room with Gillium was similarly incapacitated?

That’s not accurate, R80.

[quote] Andrew Gillum, who in 2018 came within 34,000 votes of becoming Florida’s governor, was discovered by police at a South Beach hotel early Friday morning in a room with bags of possible methamphetamine [bold] and in the company of a man who appeared to have overdosed on drugs, [/bold] according to a Miami Beach police report. Police say they were called to the Mondrian South Beach early Friday morning [bold] and found paramedics treating Travis Dyson, a 30-year-old Miami man, for an apparent heart attack. [/bold] They say two other men were in the room: Aldo Mejias and Gillum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88September 21, 2022 12:13 AM

Your tax dollars at work folks. You paid for the blond hooker who lured asylum seekers on the plane, you paid for the phony brochures. You paid for the plane trip and now you will pay for these lawsuits.

Pukes are financial 🧙‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 89September 21, 2022 12:13 AM

R88, curious whose pasty foot is in that pic of Gillum passed out naked.Aldo Mejias ?

by Anonymousreply 90September 21, 2022 12:15 AM

R90, it very well could have been Travis Dyson, the hooker, who took the pics. If I recall correctly, he is the one who called Mejias because Gillum had passed out and Dyson felt quite sick, hence the paramedics treating for a “ heart attack,“ a/k/a a drug overdose, which cost him his job as a nurse.

by Anonymousreply 91September 21, 2022 12:23 AM

UPDATE: In response to the class action lawsuit, DeSantis has released the "consent forms" allegedly signed by the migrants.

But the lawsuit alleges DeSantis and his accomplices went to extraordinary lengths to coerce migrants into signing these forms

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92September 21, 2022 12:33 AM

Despicable DeSantis.

by Anonymousreply 93September 21, 2022 12:37 AM

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL), when asked why the state paid to transport migrants from Texas instead of from Florida:

“The problem is we’re not seeing mass movements of them into Florida … It’s just coming in onesie-twosies.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94September 21, 2022 12:41 AM

Hey R92 - A person cannot "sign away" their basic rights, as much as DeSatan would like us to believe.

This is akin to those School Field Trip Permission Forms that kids had to get their parents to sign in order to go to museums, farms, theme parks, etc. If a student was injured or killed on one of those field trips the school district is still 100% on the hook for negligence and many other potential charges.

Also, these "Adult Permission Slips" open up a whole new slew of charges, including FRAUD.

by Anonymousreply 95September 21, 2022 12:41 AM

They signed consent forms but were deceived by blondie who promised help was waiting for them at the end of the plane ride.

by Anonymousreply 96September 21, 2022 12:46 AM

Trolling is not problem solving or constructive. Republicans are useless.

by Anonymousreply 97September 21, 2022 12:48 AM

Has DeSantis even bothered to give an explanation why the consent form was not fully translated?

That document would be the smoking gun in anything but a kangaroo court.

by Anonymousreply 98September 21, 2022 1:06 AM

R94 is the comment referenced in the tweet at R72.

And it bears repeating: if he knows who/how/when/how people from Venezuela are finding their way from Texas to Florida, then

a) he has a top notch intelligence operation going on that

b) he is not willing to talk about nor

c) take RESPONSIBLE, legal, constructive action to address

by Anonymousreply 99September 21, 2022 1:06 AM

Can that hag Judge Eileen Cannon come to Ron's rescue and stop this whole thing?

by Anonymousreply 100September 21, 2022 1:14 AM

R98 - You rang?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 21, 2022 1:23 AM

What was her previous job? Did it involve a pole?

by Anonymousreply 102September 21, 2022 1:24 AM

[quote] Can that hag Judge Eileen Cannon come to Ron's rescue and stop this whole thing?

No. We haven’t lost that much of our democracy — at least not yet. The crimes are being investigated by the Bexar County Sheriff in San Antonio, Texas and would be prosecuted there. The class-action lawsuit was filed by the asylum seekers in Massachusetts. Cannon has no authority to interfere in either case.

by Anonymousreply 103September 21, 2022 1:31 AM

Not to worry R103, I'm sure there's some corrupt MAGA judge in Texas just salivating over the thought of throwing a monkey wrench in this.

by Anonymousreply 104September 21, 2022 1:40 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105September 21, 2022 1:47 AM

Wouldn't it be the height of IRONY and SCHADENFREUDE if it were discovered that Aileen Cannon entered the United States illegally, was disbarred, and got shipped back to Columbia or Cuba posthaste?!?

by Anonymousreply 106September 21, 2022 1:58 AM

Imma poleeetuhkul preesonuh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107September 21, 2022 2:23 AM

Also note that DeSantis was a history major at Yale...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108September 21, 2022 2:30 AM

Ivies just cranking out the scumbags

by Anonymousreply 109September 21, 2022 2:31 AM

Conservatives are furious that the ELECTED sheriff is a Democrat

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110September 21, 2022 2:53 AM

Am I in hell? Have I just not figured that out yet? Can an elected official of the USA really be this vile, corrupt and just plain evil? The Rethugs aren’t even PRETENDING to not be Nazis now. There doesn’t seem to be a bottom with DeSatan. And the worse he gets, the more his crazed followers eat it up.

by Anonymousreply 111September 21, 2022 4:37 AM

DeSantis won't say why Florida paid his hand-picked vendor Vertol Systems Company $950,000 to charter plane from Texas to Teterboro yesterday with only crew on board.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112September 21, 2022 4:28 PM

I repeat. Let's put the immigration issue aside for a minute. Is this an eligible use of State Relief Funds?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113September 21, 2022 4:36 PM

Sadly. This Democratic sheriff will a ton of shit from deplorables now. Probably even death threats.

by Anonymousreply 114September 21, 2022 5:25 PM

Majewski’s account of his time in the military is just one aspect of his biography that is suspect. His post-military career has been defined by exaggerations, conspiracy theories, talk of violent action against the U.S. government and occasional financial duress.

Still, thanks to an unflinching allegiance to former President Donald Trump — Majewski once painted a massive Trump mural on his lawn — he also stands a chance of defeating longtime Democratic Rep Marcy Kaptur in a district recently redrawn to favor Republicans.

With no previous political experience, Majewski is perhaps an unlikely person to be the Republican nominee taking on Kaptur, who has represented the Toledo area since 1983.

But two state legislators who were also on the ballot in the August GOP primary split the establishment vote.

That cleared a path for Majewski, who previously worked in the nuclear power industry and dabbled in politics as a pro-Trump hip-hop performer and promoter of the QAnon conspiracy theory. He was also at the U.S. Capitol during the insurrection on Jan. 6, 2021.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115September 21, 2022 6:39 PM

I love the name "Pushpaw" for her in place of her real name. Reminds me of Francine Fishpaw.

by Anonymousreply 116September 21, 2022 7:32 PM

DeSantis human trafficking update (day 7)

-$1.565 million paid to Vertol so far by FL from COVID-19 relief interest

-Vertol website still down

-DeSantis under criminal investigation in TX

-DeSantis sued in MA class action

-Empty plane travels from TX to Teterboro skipping FL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117September 21, 2022 10:00 PM

I really hope that crew-only flight to Teterboro is the result of the pilots/crew panicking and not wanting to risk charges, a lawsuit, or just bad publicity for participating.

Biden needs to hit back hard on this. The reason the MAGAts keep upping the ante on the cruelty is because they keep getting away with it.

by Anonymousreply 118September 21, 2022 10:03 PM

You R118 are absolutely correct.

by Anonymousreply 119September 21, 2022 10:05 PM

Is Ron DeSantis a human trafficker?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120September 21, 2022 10:38 PM

Yesterday Ron Desantis paid a private company nearly $1,000,000 in taxpayer money to fly an empty plane to New Jersey for a stunt to deceive the press.

That company has donated tens of thousands to the Florida Republican Party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121September 21, 2022 10:46 PM

So, R121, campaign finance fraud, bribery, and misappropriation of campaign funds as well. Great.

by Anonymousreply 122September 21, 2022 10:51 PM

This link has more about the company alluded to @ r121.

The more I read, the more I question if the horror of trafficking human beings is actually a byproduct of money laundering. The question of WHEN IS MATT GAETZ GOING TO BE INDICTED keeps getting met with a response that his buddy Joel Greenberg is singing like canary and many, many people (including DeSantis) might be implicated)

Lawyering up is expensive and all of the names in this article (as well as others) are connected to Florida GOP, Gaetz's former law firm and past money laundering felony convictions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123September 21, 2022 11:05 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124September 21, 2022 11:07 PM

Desantis is being sued!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125September 21, 2022 11:21 PM

Whatever happened to the old canard of the "Republicans are fiscally conservative" (which was all BS anyway, but at least they gave it lip service).

Do the people of FL care that fatso Ron is wasting millions on stunts? Maybe that money could be better spent fixing potholes or building a seawall around Miami (which will be under water in 20 years).

I guess they could give 2 shits as long as the libs are owned.

by Anonymousreply 126September 21, 2022 11:39 PM

that million dollars can pay market rate rents for dozens of homeless people for a few years

by Anonymousreply 127September 21, 2022 11:46 PM

I spoke to two of my elderly female deplorable neighbors today about DeSantis' recent antics. These are both women I managed to talk into changing their registrations to Democratic and I took them with me when they had early voting for the Democratic primary so they could vote as Democrats for the first time.

They thought what he did was simply hilarious.

I tried to explain to them (it's so hard when people are this s-l-o-w) that FL has plenty of local illegal aliens (I know, I know -- but there's no point in trying to explain the nuances of immigrants seeking political asylum to these idiots) without DeSatan chartering planes to TX (using FL money) to fly Abbot's immigrants to MA, DE, etc.

They still don't get it. And the woman I spoke to today understood that what he did was wrong but she still couldn't stop laughing about it.

I told her if she didn't vote for Val and Crist that I was going to strangle her with my bare hands... Gee...was that wrong?

by Anonymousreply 128September 22, 2022 1:10 AM

[quote]They thought what he did was simply hilarious.

Not surprising. Deplorables are just awful. They simply do not give a shit about how people they think are their "lessers" are treated.

by Anonymousreply 129September 22, 2022 2:06 AM

Yeah, absolutely hilarious that human beings, in America, LEGALLY, in 2022, are so desperate for food that they'll try anything for $10 worth of McDonalds

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130September 22, 2022 2:23 AM

[quote]They still don't get it. And the woman I spoke to today understood that what he did was wrong but she still couldn't stop laughing about it. I told her if she didn't vote for Val and Crist that I was going to strangle her with my bare hands... Gee...was that wrong?

Tell her this is not a circus and a Governor is supposed to be a public official , not a clown from a Stephen King novel running around scaring human beings who have fled SOCIALISM-COMMUNISM, and wasting public money on stupid stints.

If she wants to be entertained, she can watch a show or a movie.

by Anonymousreply 131September 22, 2022 3:17 AM

[quote] For the people at the hotel, there was nothing funny about what DeSantis’s people had done.

[quote] One man had been hoping the flight to Delaware might help get him closer to Washington, DC, where he has a court hearing (may be an ICE check-in).

[quote] Now he’s stranded in Texas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132September 22, 2022 3:32 AM

Link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133September 22, 2022 3:34 AM

DeSantis is trolling reporters, and wasting thousands doing so? WTF. This is leadership?

by Anonymousreply 134September 22, 2022 3:49 AM

Wasting, R134?

More likely, diverting public money into the coffers of buddies. Who's to say that some of this money won't find its way to his PAC?

by Anonymousreply 135September 22, 2022 3:58 AM

[quote] Luigia Colucci was an Italian immigrant who came here in 1917, unable to read or write and thanks to what some on the right might call 'chain migration.' She also happens to be the great-great-grandmother of Ron DeSantis - my commentary on his hypocrisy

Great, great grandmother? How could this be? For a 44 year old, it would only be a great grandmother. Even for Prince Harry, his grandmother was born in 1926 so 1917 would be the time of a great grandmother. How did a whole generation get added in?

by Anonymousreply 136September 22, 2022 4:52 AM

Will they walk back to Venezuela now? I calculate it would take 2.5 months.

by Anonymousreply 137September 22, 2022 4:59 AM

This is one of the most inhumane political stunts I’ve ever been made privy to, via the news.

Of course sane people are shocked by this. But what is even more dismaying, is that it appears that not one single person in DeSantis’ orbit, had the gravitas or gumption, to communicate to him how absolutely depraved this would make him appear, or why.

And what sucks even more is that sociopaths like DeSantis, and his predecessor, Trump, are literally playing to a very small, yet influential base, due to the antiquated and long defunct, Electoral College.

The Electoral College is the thorn in the side of the United States. If we can not dismantle it and make it a thing of the past, we will regularly be exposed to these charlatans, and will continually hold on to democracy by a very bare thread.

Eventually, either Dems turn these areas purple to blue by moving there, or we lose democracy as we know.

Of course, there are other measures to be applied in order to turn this around. However, the problem at hand is that we may not have enough time to do so.

Good luck to us. We’re all gonna need it.

by Anonymousreply 138September 22, 2022 5:34 AM

R136: Luigia might have arrived here a middle-aged mother-to-be in 1917, so her being DeWannabe's great-great-grandmother isn't as far-fetched as we might think.

by Anonymousreply 139September 22, 2022 6:15 AM

Are we sure she didn't arrive as Mafia? It might help to explain DeSantis desire for extensive power based on criminality and nefarious associations...

by Anonymousreply 140September 22, 2022 7:11 AM

[quote] Deplorables are just awful. They simply do not give a shit about how people they think are their "lessers" are treated.

R129 Indeed, and DeSantis's stunts reinforce their prejudices for his political gain.

by Anonymousreply 141September 22, 2022 8:05 AM

[quote] Absolutely hilarious that human beings, in America, LEGALLY, in 2022, are so desperate for food that they'll try anything for $10 worth of McDonalds

R130 Wait, I thought this thread was about DeSantis, not Trump.

by Anonymousreply 142September 22, 2022 8:07 AM

#infightingisfunny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143September 22, 2022 4:30 PM

DeSantis is gaining a lot of weight. He wants to be like Trump that much?

by Anonymousreply 144September 22, 2022 6:47 PM

I honestly dont think he has the temperament to be president. His anger issues will be the reason for his downfall. Yes, he does seem to be getting fatter everyday.

by Anonymousreply 145September 22, 2022 7:57 PM

"I honestly don't think he has the temperament to be president."

And Trump did/does?

by Anonymousreply 146September 22, 2022 8:07 PM

Temperament or the intelligence. Has a squeaky girl voice and is too bitchy

by Anonymousreply 147September 22, 2022 8:07 PM

Florida migrant-moving company gave GOP cash, has ties to DeSantis' immigration 'czar' and Rep. Matt Gaetz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148September 22, 2022 8:15 PM

@r146, "And Trump did/does? "

No, that's why he's no longer President and why no one wants a carbon copy in DeSantis

by Anonymousreply 149September 22, 2022 8:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150September 22, 2022 8:23 PM

So here’s my prediction …this whole thing will end up with Vertol Systems being ordered to pay a fine that will be donated to immigrant charities. DeSantis and Gaetz will skate. Years later, it will be reported in one paragraph that only a fraction of the fine was paid before it was dismissed for some legal/financial reason when nobody was looking,

by Anonymousreply 151September 22, 2022 8:47 PM

How much is this costing Florida taxpayers? I've heard figures between $1.5M and $12M. Crist needs to pound away at it.

by Anonymousreply 152September 22, 2022 8:51 PM

Big guys like Sheriff Salazar are very much my type. Grr.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153September 22, 2022 8:56 PM

He.he.he.... Gets. Away. With. Evvvvvverrrythhiiiing.

by Anonymousreply 154September 22, 2022 9:06 PM

Is this not human trafficking? He lied to them.

by Anonymousreply 155September 22, 2022 9:46 PM

Yale needs to yank that degree back!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156September 22, 2022 11:27 PM

^^^.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157September 22, 2022 11:32 PM

R43 what a hideous disgusting looking bitch, both vile inside and out.

by Anonymousreply 158September 22, 2022 11:40 PM

How tall is this woman and does she own a wig?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159September 22, 2022 11:53 PM

More about R121, r123 & R148:

[quote] NEW: When @GovRon DeSantis needed a company he could trust to fly migrants to Martha’s Vineyard, he turned to Vertol Systems Co., an aviation firm with a private jet, and close ties to his immigration czar, Larry Keefe.

[quote] When Gov. Ron DeSantis’ administration needed a company it could trust to carry out a controversial program to transport migrants to other states, it chose an unusual option.

[quote] For years, Keefe represented Vertol Systems Company in a dozen lawsuits from suing former employees and contractors to seeking damages from a lawn care provider who accidentally damaged one of the company’s helicopters./2

[quote] The company is also a partner in Zeppelin Holdings LLC with Jay Odom, a prominent Okaloosa County developer, which owns a private jet that just happened to travel to San Antonio a week before the flights to Martha's Vineyard, and returned for another trip two days afterwards./3

[quote] On Sept. 5, the week leading up to the Martha Vineyard’s flights, the plane traveled from Destin to Tallahassee, stopped in Tampa, returned to Destin and then traveled to San Antonio where it stayed until Sept. 7. /4

[quote] Keefe’s ties to Vertol Systems are the closest explanation yet for why the state has paid them more than $1.56 million to transport migrants from Texas to Martha’s Vineyard last week. /5

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160September 23, 2022 12:04 AM

R159

Random. Very random

by Anonymousreply 161September 23, 2022 12:43 AM

Another lawsuit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162September 23, 2022 11:21 AM

Shouldn't DeSatan be mouthing off about all those illegal Cubans in his state? Oh, that's right, they vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 163September 23, 2022 12:03 PM

DeSantis’ eyes are like those of Hermann Goering…cold and dead.

by Anonymousreply 164September 23, 2022 2:22 PM

Ron DeSantis is Governor of Florida. These were asylum seekers. They were here legally. They were not in Florida. He used taxpayer money not earmarked for anything close to this. He used massive deception - dehumanizing the vulnerable. Ron DeSantis privately knows he overreached.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165September 24, 2022 12:04 PM

Governor Handsome weighs in

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166September 25, 2022 3:21 AM

And Pete

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167September 26, 2022 2:22 AM

Good night, sweet prince,

And flights of migrants sing thee to thy rest

by Anonymousreply 168September 26, 2022 2:34 AM

Do they have plus sized jails for fat boys like Ron and Trump?

by Anonymousreply 169September 26, 2022 5:34 AM

Stop saying these people are legitimate asylum seekers. They are economic opportunists. They could have easily gone to the first safe country, like Costa Rica. But the US is where the money is.

by Anonymousreply 170September 26, 2022 6:02 AM

[quote] The off-duty officer, Lt. Col. Christopher Hoffman, 51, of the Massachusetts Army National Guard, who recorded his pursuit of the bus on Facebook Live, thought the bus was part of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' effort to bring migrants who crossed the southern U.S. border to Cape Cod. He can be heard praising DeSantis on the live stream video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171September 28, 2022 5:47 PM

Flight Company DeSantis Hired For Martha’s Vineyard Stunt May Have Violated Law Banning Political Donations

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172September 29, 2022 1:50 AM

The woman who lured migrants into Ron DeSantis’s Martha’s Vineyard stunt was a former Army counterintelligence agent named PERLA HUERTA.

[quote] Florida officials have provided little information about the program or how it was engineered. But details have begun to emerge of the clandestine mission that was carried out without the knowledge of even the Texas governor, Greg Abbott, a fellow Republican: flights paid for with state money in possible violation of the state law that allocated the money; a charter airline company with political ties to the Florida governor.

[quote] And, in the middle of it all, a woman with a background in military counterintelligence who investigators believe was sent to Texas from Tampa in order to fill the planes.

[...]

[quote] The pamphlet, reviewed by The Times, also promised “up to eight months of cash assistance” for “income-eligible” refugees in Massachusetts, apparently mimicking benefits offered to refugees who arrive in the United States through the country’s official resettlement program, which the Venezuelans were not part of.

[...]

[quote] “We were tricked in Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Mexico — and then in the United States,” said Carlos Guanaguanay, 25, who was approached by the woman called Perla while strolling the aisles of a supermarket near a shelter where he had been staying in San Antonio. He had told her he was searching for work, and she made him an offer he found hard to resist.

[quote] It had taken him a month and 20 days to reach the U.S. border, he said, with little food and nowhere to sleep, and he jumped at the promise of transport to a place where he would be cared for and offered a job. “We can work at anything,” Mr. Guanaguanay said. “We are here for our families.”

[...]

[quote] Staff members at the community center in Martha’s Vineyard arranged for a migrant named Pablo to call home to Venezuela, Ms. Rolanti said. He appeared broken.

[quote] “My love, we were tricked,” he told his wife, weeping uncontrollably. “This woman lied to us. She lied.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173October 2, 2022 10:47 PM

***Also of note:***

At exactly the same time this is realized by the New York Times, a hit piece against Kamala Harris starts trending on Twitter.

It's only been 23 minutes...

by Anonymousreply 174October 2, 2022 10:53 PM

^ released...

by Anonymousreply 175October 2, 2022 10:54 PM

Trump's administration was good for one thing: it proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that almost all elected officials and wealthy people in fact are above the law.

I used to hear "no one is above the law" as truth and 2016-present proved that was Orwellian brainwashing, telling us the opposite of truth is truth.

by Anonymousreply 176October 2, 2022 11:01 PM

DeSantis inappropriately used state funds in this endeavor. He needs to go to one of his jails and lived there for a long time. His most recent crime is evacuation procedures in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 177October 2, 2022 11:07 PM

Nothing will happen to DeSantis. He's winning points for being the Savior of Florida after the hurricanes.

by Anonymousreply 178October 2, 2022 11:09 PM

How, exactly did he "save Florida". Paper towels? Are all the houses rebuilt? Did he bring the 80+ dead back to life?

by Anonymousreply 179October 3, 2022 2:38 AM

A democrat Texas sheriff will investigate DeSantis' flight of migrants to Martha's Vineyard

Unexpected plot twist

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180October 3, 2022 2:43 AM

[quote] How, exactly did he "save Florida".

By signing the "Don't Say Gay Law". And restricting abortions.

You know, important things.

by Anonymousreply 181October 3, 2022 3:04 AM

R177 Aaron Schock was indicted on 24 (!!!!) counts of stealing federal funds for his own personal use and he didn't get a sungle day in court, much mess jail. He claimed he was a victim on two grounds: First, the anti-gay congressman claimed he was being persecuted because of his sexuality. Then, after the charges were dropped, he went on Morning Joe and told a very supportive and consoling Mika Brzezinski that he did in fact commit the crimes but he was not guilty of anything because he was ignorant of the crimes. He said he was considering running again to pass legislation to protect lawmakers from being unfairly prosecuted when they break federal laws.

by Anonymousreply 182October 3, 2022 10:02 AM

Ignorance of the law is blah,blah,blah

by Anonymousreply 183October 4, 2022 5:43 PM

Puss in Boots

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184October 4, 2022 5:43 PM

Morning Joe and his mistress had candidate dump as a featured guest for hours during the campaign of 2016.

All that lovely airtime gave credence the idea that dump is a real candidate.

"what do ya hafta lose", the twice divorced, "successful" business man with multiple bankruptcies asked as an answer to defend his candidacy.

So now, we know what we have to lose, "everything" is the answer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185October 4, 2022 5:56 PM

[quote]The Bexar County, TX Sheriff’s Office has completed their criminal investigation of migrants flights to Martha’s Vineyard and has recommended criminal charges to the DA against senior Desantis Admin officials.

San Antonio is in Bexar County.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186June 6, 2023 4:29 AM

Scum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187June 6, 2023 4:37 AM

A Texas 𝑑𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑐𝑟𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑐 𝑏𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑒𝑟 𝐻𝑖𝑠𝑝𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑐 sheriff will investigate DeSantis

by Anonymousreply 188June 6, 2023 6:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!