Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Extremities movie (1986)

What do you think of it?!

Discuss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 14, 2022 1:28 AM

I mean I actually liked it. Farrah was impressive

by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2022 11:54 PM

I thought it was powerful and disturbing when I saw it. Farrah and Russo were both effective and DL fave Diana Scarweed was annoying. Farrah was in the off-Broadway production and took over the role when Susan Sarandon who originated it left

by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2022 11:54 PM

Farrah did well, though the piece works better on a stage. I saw Susan Sarandon and she was better.

by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2022 11:55 PM

I wanted to have sex with James Russo so bad!

by Anonymousreply 4September 14, 2022 12:00 AM

DONT look up James Russo now !!!

by Anonymousreply 5September 14, 2022 12:01 AM

Good movie. Farrah did a great job.

by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2022 12:06 AM

You ain't got no cum up your snatch, OP.

by Anonymousreply 7September 14, 2022 12:13 AM

Intense

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 14, 2022 12:25 AM

Movie review from LA Times, 1986. I agree with this part:

"We have to understand why these three are roommates; we need the dynamics of their relationship, the depth of their friendship; it might even be helpful to know something about their lives before. But most especially we must know why a friend --faced with a traumatized, bloodied roommate, in a house that’s in shambles after an obvious struggle--would take the assailant’s side. It’s the story’s single most infuriating and inexplicable point.

To be sure, Marjorie’s solution is extreme and irrational: She plans to bury Joe alive in their backyard. You don’t abet your friend in that sort of madness, but you do quiet her, calm her, reason with her, reassure her, even placate her--in short, all the things these women do astonishingly little of. (Woodard is the exception; Scarwid’s antagonism is bizarre, even in light of her melodramatic revelations later.)

That Farrah Fawcett can act is something we all really knew, after TV’s “The Burning Bed.” She is genuine, pathetic and heroic here, by turns. But it is not a performance that grows mightily from beginning to end; it’s on a single sustained note. Most of all, in the crucial difference between the large and small screen, when we look behind her eyes for the thinking behind an action, it isn’t there.

James Russo, who played his role Off Broadway, is best in his early scenes inside the house, full of menace and controlled aberration. Once he is cornered, playing shamelessly on the roommates’ sympathies and/or weaknesses, his act seems far too broad for them not to see through."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 14, 2022 1:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!