Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Celine Dion breaks lengthy social media silence amid difficult health crisis

[Quote]Celine Dion has not posted on her Instagram feed since June, making her emotional message on 8 September even more poignant.

It's all bullshit, of course. It was a message about the other queen.

Should Hello! take the place of our beloved DM?

This is NOT a poll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129December 9, 2022 12:58 AM

Two words.

Karen.Carpenter.

by Anonymousreply 1September 11, 2022 10:05 AM

Looks like she has Somers Farkas syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 2September 11, 2022 6:54 PM

Cancer?

by Anonymousreply 3September 11, 2022 6:56 PM

Judging by the photos at the link, Celine's giving all her food to the family dog.

by Anonymousreply 4September 11, 2022 7:00 PM

She looks like a 1959 Cadillac - all hard edges and metal.

by Anonymousreply 5September 11, 2022 7:10 PM

Rumors are that it is cancer.

by Anonymousreply 6September 11, 2022 9:10 PM

When there's no more fat to consume the body starts eating itself. Unfortunately an IV won't repair the damage to her desiccated muscle mass anytime soon, if ever.

by Anonymousreply 7November 5, 2022 4:47 AM

What a fucking childhood her kids have had to endure. Fuck the material benefits.

by Anonymousreply 8November 5, 2022 4:54 AM

Karen carpenter was chubby right to the end. She died of a heart attack. Celine looks to have a good weight but has been good n the sun too much. Not that much care b/c she is lesbo

by Anonymousreply 9November 5, 2022 4:57 AM

I really hope it isn't cancer.

I love this woman, full-stop. And she was just doing a tour called Courage, FFS, after losing her husband and mother.

I want her to live long, Betty White style.

by Anonymousreply 10November 5, 2022 4:58 AM

r9 = Petula Clark, you bitch!

by Anonymousreply 11November 5, 2022 4:59 AM

R9 are you trying to be funny? KC died because she was an anorexic. Shut up.

by Anonymousreply 12November 5, 2022 4:59 AM

Her electrolytes got all out of whack due to the mass quantities of laxatives she took and gave her a heart attack

by Anonymousreply 13November 5, 2022 5:08 AM

Why didn't she just cut out carbs?

by Anonymousreply 14November 5, 2022 5:09 AM

Why don't you stop criticizing the dead woman who killed herself because of mental illness and the pressure to be thin?

Try that.

by Anonymousreply 15November 5, 2022 5:20 AM

Karen Carpenter died because she was abusing Ipecac syrup which damages the heart muscle with regular use. Her official cause of death was emetine poisoning. Emetine is the active ingredient in Ipecac. She had no idea how dangerous it was to take Ipecac regularly.

by Anonymousreply 16November 5, 2022 5:21 AM

Roughly 70% of anorexics never get better and about one quarter of them die.

by Anonymousreply 17November 5, 2022 5:28 AM

She's balding

by Anonymousreply 18November 5, 2022 5:29 AM

She lost quite a bit of weight after Renee passed, even though she was thin thin thin to begin with. I kept hoping she'd gain some weight for her tour, but instead she got thinner and the narrative was that she "started doing ballet".

Girl needed to start doing BBQs.

I hope she gains 30 pounds. She could use it.

by Anonymousreply 19November 5, 2022 5:36 AM

Lipsyncing burns calories.

by Anonymousreply 20November 5, 2022 5:42 AM

This photo confirms that she's been cast as the lead in the Canadian remake of E..T.

by Anonymousreply 21November 5, 2022 5:47 AM

R20 she still sang live on the Courage tour. Not everything maybe but a lot.

by Anonymousreply 22November 5, 2022 6:04 AM

Celine ONLY sings live now. Ever since the husband/father/svengali died - she is more brave and experimental and imperfect and astounding sounding. She plays and takes risks in her performances. She most famously has always cared for her voice like a real DIVA and knows how to protect her instrument. But because she is in her 50s and not everything can sound absolutely pristine - this has emboldened Celine to sing the way she always could. She has the greatest voice and vocal ability of the last 30 years. Whitney and Celine. There's only two in the trinity.

She looked and sounded great on the tour, before Covid shut things down. Since then - I fear she has been visited by tragedy. This is not an eating disorder. Our most darling girl is not well. Not likely muscle spasms either. If she's lucky - it's long Covid and not cancer.

I love Celine. Full Stop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 5, 2022 6:18 AM

LIVE baby. Her heart and talent is on full display. There is not a sweeter woman or more generous performer than Ms. Dion. She is no longer perfect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 5, 2022 6:23 AM

This is mostly lipsynced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 5, 2022 6:28 AM

AMAZING. She's the real deal. Such gorgeous singing and deep connection at 52 years old. Celine only sings LIVE now. She's the very best. If ever again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 5, 2022 6:33 AM

She never recovered from her husband dying.

by Anonymousreply 27November 5, 2022 6:35 AM

If she gets any thinner…her heart won’t go on.

by Anonymousreply 28November 5, 2022 6:37 AM

She has the longest neck I've ever seen on anyone who isn't a giraffe.

by Anonymousreply 29November 5, 2022 6:44 AM

She is the Anti-Lizzo. She really needs to gain weight. She looks fucking horrible.

Who is her girlfriend? Or does she have a harem?

by Anonymousreply 30November 5, 2022 6:48 AM

🙈 I Feel Your Pain

by Anonymousreply 31November 5, 2022 6:49 AM

She had a walker in recent times, didn't she?

by Anonymousreply 32November 5, 2022 6:49 AM

R27 it was a lavender relationship. U really thought her hubby was straight?????

by Anonymousreply 33November 5, 2022 6:49 AM

She looks great for 65

by Anonymousreply 34November 5, 2022 6:51 AM

She met her manager/husband when she was literally a child, around twelve years old. She swore that nothing ever happened between them until she was eighteen. I've always thought things happened long before that, and René really fucked with her mind.

And her parents? Too busy counting the money?

Anybody watching "A Friend of the Family" on Peacock ?

by Anonymousreply 35November 5, 2022 6:59 AM

🍸She bears a striking resemblance to a young Dot Cotton on EastEnders

by Anonymousreply 36November 5, 2022 7:05 AM

She's ugly. Celine looked 50 at 30. Opposite of DL.

by Anonymousreply 37November 5, 2022 7:05 AM

R30 Sounds like a breath of fresh air.

by Anonymousreply 38November 5, 2022 7:06 AM

Our darling girl - they all sound beautiful and Celine with no rehearsal and not having the song titrated to her key modestly joins in and soars like an angel. She doesn't wan't to outshine the boys. You won't find anyone with a bad word to say about Celine.

Except on DL. of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 5, 2022 7:10 AM

Not even from Rene's previous wife?

by Anonymousreply 40November 5, 2022 7:13 AM

She's a whore!

by Anonymousreply 41November 5, 2022 7:20 AM

How tall is she? She's beginning to look like a Giraffe.

by Anonymousreply 42November 5, 2022 7:30 AM

R29 My apologies. I didn't see you there.

by Anonymousreply 43November 5, 2022 7:31 AM

She really needs to try Crepe Erase.

by Anonymousreply 44November 5, 2022 7:52 AM

The things you see when you haven't got a gun....

by Anonymousreply 45November 5, 2022 7:55 AM

Bow Down. Celine is sharper, wilder, rougher AND as resonant as ever. Her husbands death destroyed her and eventually set her free. Wait for that amazing A#5. Unheard of. She not only hits it - she spins it into outer space. AMAZING.

People here should leave their homes some day. And learn what real artists actually do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 5, 2022 7:58 AM

* G#5.

by Anonymousreply 47November 5, 2022 8:02 AM

[quote]People here should leave their homes some day.

Always such a hilarious DL putdown.

by Anonymousreply 48November 5, 2022 8:30 AM

We should start Photoshopping her to make her look really fat.

by Anonymousreply 49November 5, 2022 8:58 AM

@R39 Orca Winfrey

by Anonymousreply 50November 5, 2022 9:00 AM

I saw her in London prior covid and she sounded great. Her European tour has been postponed at least three years. Hope she’ll get well.

by Anonymousreply 51November 5, 2022 9:01 AM

I've never understood the connection between laxatives and eating disorders. Surely by the time the food reaches the stage where the laxative comes into play all the calories and nutrients have been absorbed by the body. I mean, it's not like they're shitting out a whole cheeseburger. I wonder if it just makes them feel lighter or in some kind of control.

by Anonymousreply 52November 5, 2022 9:07 AM

R33 How do you know?

by Anonymousreply 53November 5, 2022 9:10 AM

"I mean, it's not like they're shitting out a whole cheeseburger."

They kind of are. It's just been liquified.

And depending on how anorexic you are and how explosive the diarrhea is, well, let's just say if you didn't have a skylight above your toilet before...

by Anonymousreply 54November 5, 2022 11:29 AM

[quote] She met her manager/husband when she was literally a child, around twelve years old. She swore that nothing ever happened between them until she was eighteen. I've always thought things happened long before that, and René really fucked with her mind.

I suspect that their relationship was inappropriate when she was a girl. He had children as old as Celine. Her family was very poor and may not have been as protection of her as needed with Rene. However, he did help make her a global star.

by Anonymousreply 55November 5, 2022 12:58 PM

[quote]Karen carpenter was chubby right to the end.

Thank you for weighing in Mrs. Agnes Carpenter, formerly of Downey, CA.

by Anonymousreply 56November 5, 2022 1:05 PM

The AWF troll is all over this thread.

by Anonymousreply 57November 5, 2022 1:19 PM

I adore Celine Dion!

Her voice is just quite something. And, her overall tonality is beautiful when she sings in her native language. She appreciates her voice and has a good sense of discipline in naturally maintaining it.

Sadly, she's very sick with something she's keeping to herself. The poor lady. My guess is cancer. Maybe she thought she could beat it. I don't know. This is obviously pure conjecture on my end.

When Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans she had to go on Larry King's show and speak of donating money and her show and all. Celine Dion was like "The heck with me right now what about everyone in New Orleans! And, where the heck is Bush?" I'm linking to the interview because she just goes for broke in a heartfelt and compassionate fashion and this is basically when I fell a bit in love with her.

She's a good one. I truly hope she gets better somehow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58November 5, 2022 1:34 PM

Regardless, anyone who’s ever met her with tell you how kind she is.

by Anonymousreply 59November 5, 2022 1:49 PM

So is she gay or not?

by Anonymousreply 60November 5, 2022 5:00 PM

There is no question about her exceptional talent and her incredible voice. That's what made her a star. There is no question in my mind that Rene took advantage of a young, naive child. I think that unfortunately for Celine, she still carries a lot of guilt to this day, and has lived with a lot of conflicted feelings because of it.

by Anonymousreply 61November 5, 2022 5:02 PM

She’s probably one of the nicer women in the business, but I am concerned about her health. I hope she is not doing a Karen Carpenter on us. That would be tragic.

by Anonymousreply 62November 6, 2022 5:05 AM

I really think it's anorexia. Celine is no looker, but she can control her weight. There's so much more help than there was in Karen Carpenter's day. But she's got to want it.

by Anonymousreply 63November 6, 2022 5:31 AM

Nah. It's The Big C.

by Anonymousreply 64November 6, 2022 6:11 AM

If it was cancer, she's been stick thin now for years.

by Anonymousreply 65November 6, 2022 6:23 AM

.....she WASN'T stick thin for years now? Um...

I find "muscle spasms" to he a weird cover story for a vocalist. Maybe it IS that, but tied in with something deeper?

I'd prefer to think it was a lavender marriage and that they were both gay and that Renee wasn't predatory...but marrying someone who isn't even in their 20s...who you've known since they were 12?

Yeah that's...implying an improper relationship for sure. Celine has always been fiercely clear it wasn't, though.

I really hope she pulls through and gains weight.

by Anonymousreply 66November 6, 2022 12:43 PM

I feel, after her husband died she realized he totally took advantage of her. She was an insecure child just starting her career and he was predatory. Reconciling that as the husband/father of her children caused a mental health issue.

by Anonymousreply 67November 6, 2022 12:49 PM

^^when they met, she was 12; they married when she was 26. I’m pretty sure she didn’t just get up and marry a guy 26 years her senior at 36. There was probably years of finger banging and blow jobs. The entire thing is creepy by any standards.

by Anonymousreply 68November 6, 2022 12:55 PM

Wow I thought she was 19 when they married....oops.

by Anonymousreply 69November 6, 2022 1:04 PM

They should just cancel the rest of her tour altogether because it's obviously not happening anytime soon - first they pushed the concerts scheduled for 2020 to 2021, then to 2022 and later to 2023.

My poor frau mom (who worships the woman and bought tickets back in 2019) is heartbroken, yet she still refuses to get a refund.

by Anonymousreply 70November 6, 2022 1:09 PM

R60 She has a longtime girlfriend. She is not even bearding with cocksman like Bradelina Cooper. She deserves credit for that.

by Anonymousreply 71November 6, 2022 1:40 PM

I kept hearing what a great guy her husband was but when I looked him up all I could find he did was gamble.

by Anonymousreply 72November 6, 2022 2:16 PM

I lived and worked on the Vegas Strip during her show at Caesers. Celine would cancel shows ALL the time. And it would totally piss off her Canadian fans who would travel all the way there primarily to see her show, only for her to cancel on them. This happened almost weekly.

by Anonymousreply 73November 6, 2022 3:06 PM

R71 Where's the proof that she has a gf? And she can't be that longtime, since her husband was still alive few years back. Also, Bradelina Cooper?

by Anonymousreply 74November 6, 2022 3:47 PM

The reality of the situation is that it doesn’t matter how a person got cachectic. Cachexia a very serious thing no matter what the cause. hopefully somebody will get a clue and give her a feeding tube if her prognosis is at least ok.

I speak from experience because I ended up on a jejunostomy feeding tube after a pesticide spill. My stomach became paralyzed. I was on the tube for three years. I was able to be weaned off of it. When a person gets past the age of 30, the amount of differential diagnoses are in the hundreds

by Anonymousreply 75November 6, 2022 4:01 PM

What is wrong with her neck?

by Anonymousreply 76November 6, 2022 4:05 PM

I don’t know about Celine Dion but her husband was NOT Heterosexual.

by Anonymousreply 77November 6, 2022 4:08 PM

R77 How do you know that? And why did he got together with a teenage girl?

by Anonymousreply 78November 6, 2022 4:38 PM

I hate her music, but her voice live makes me cry. It's the weirdest thing. And her English is so cute. Poor but cute.

by Anonymousreply 79November 6, 2022 6:08 PM

Celine had a kind of affair with Jean-Jacques Goldman. Of the heart. She remained true to her husband, but J-J made Celine a global superstar and wrote so many of her greatest hits. They worked very closesly together and her understood her better artistically and as a woman. Rene was not in favor of Celine singing his songs. At first. $$$

Jean-Jacques and Celine had beautiful chemistry together. She was never prettier. Her voice is so beautiful here. He told her she must stop shouting and learn to sing like she was holding a baby in her arms. These were her French albums. It changed something in Celine when she recorded his orginal French songs. Many which were hits for her in their English versions too.

Celine has the TWO top selling French albums in all history and TWO english albums in the top twenty sellers of ALL TIME.

A lovely woman with a voice to make you cry, R79.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80November 6, 2022 6:30 PM

Celine sings Jacques Brel. Breathtaking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81November 6, 2022 7:07 PM

This is quite awful and her voice doesn't sound so hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82November 6, 2022 7:10 PM

Very sad

by Anonymousreply 83November 6, 2022 7:14 PM

Celine is loved. Beloved. Her talent is immense, her voice is unforgettable and her heart is open. She MUST get better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84November 6, 2022 7:24 PM

She gives me nice person vibes

by Anonymousreply 85November 8, 2022 5:39 AM

This may be a bit much to watch - but yes, Celine is a beautiful person, R85. She did a concert for Quebec's 400th anniversary on the Plains of Abraham. (google it) Historic for everyone. Celine sang many songs - her biggest hits and many duets. The concert program was 31 songs, all with Celine and over 3 hours long. More than half this concert was in French, of course.

Celine's voice got pretty ragged to be honest - her desire to be great was insanely palpable and it was probably the most personal challenge of her career. She was wonderful, but not her best. She sang this song last - with two of Quebecs most famous singers. Ginette Reno IS a legend. A hero to Celine, of course. It's a bit EMOTIONAL and maybe not their best singing - but so full of true excitement and gratitude. For Ginette, Quebec, her heritage and family. In the conversational style of the Chanteuse. With a great swell of emotion. Ginette does not disappoint and Celine is very sweet. It's a bit much. And yet it happened. We went insane. Not only in the audience. I was on the stage.

Celine is not thought to be pretty - but she is a very beautiful woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86November 8, 2022 6:29 AM

BTW in the 70s, before becoming Céline's manager, René was Ginette Reno's manager until she decided to fire him to let her husband manage her career.

by Anonymousreply 87November 8, 2022 7:29 AM

Her accent and pure soprano are not the best complements to Mr. Paganini, but the fuck she is amazing. A miracle vocalist. As celebrated and successful as she is - Celine is still underrated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88November 19, 2022 7:12 AM

What causes the neck thing?

by Anonymousreply 89November 19, 2022 7:38 AM

The neck thing? Celine is a gazelle.

Streisand has been wearing chokers and turtleneck dresses her whole career to distract from her short fat neck and three chins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90November 19, 2022 8:01 AM

R13 This is not factual. The hospital was feeding her at an accelerated rate. This, combined with cumulative damage, placed too much strain.

ED is one of the deadliest disorders/addictions-- really nothing to make light of.

by Anonymousreply 91November 19, 2022 8:29 AM

Wow I just blocked the “our darling girl” troll with his endless stream of videos, and half of the thread disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 92November 19, 2022 8:43 AM

On Thursday the "My Heart Will Go On" singer revealed the release date of her new movie, Love Again, which will be out May 12 according to the Vegas veteran's Instagram page.

"See you at the movies!," added the post, signed "Team Celine."

"Celine is starring alongside @priyankachopra and (DL Fave) @samhueghan and releasing new music for the romantic comedy LOVE AGAIN (new title!) coming to movie theaters May 12 (new date!)."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93November 19, 2022 9:51 AM

lol @dutchie

by Anonymousreply 94November 19, 2022 10:02 AM

R2 Don't make me laugh, I'll crack a rib.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95November 19, 2022 10:10 AM

When there's no more fat to consume the body begins to eat itself. Unfortunately, you can't just replace lost muscle mass with an IV or feeding tube. The majority of anorexics never get better and a significant percentage will die.

by Anonymousreply 96November 19, 2022 10:23 AM

Thank u India

by Anonymousreply 97November 19, 2022 3:08 PM

Googles "ipecac dangers"

by Anonymousreply 98November 19, 2022 9:57 PM

Googles "explosive diarrhea"

by Anonymousreply 99November 19, 2022 9:57 PM

[quote] She's a good one. I truly hope she gets better somehow.

For some reason I always suspected her being a Martha Stewart perfectionist type or like Deborah Vance (Hacks). You know, all sweet'n'cute for the audience and cracking the literal whip up to the point of cruelty backstage. But - I never heard a story in that regard, not one.

by Anonymousreply 100November 19, 2022 10:17 PM

[quote] Wow I just blocked the “our darling girl” troll with his endless stream of videos, and half of the thread disappeared.

What's wrong with posting these links? I blocked lots of posters for trolling or just simply being extremely rude. If every troll or misbehaving poster posted a link to a Celine Dion video instead, this place would be heaven.

by Anonymousreply 101November 19, 2022 10:23 PM

She looks fabulous

by Anonymousreply 102November 19, 2022 11:01 PM

The 9/11 telethon. Shame on you, R92.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103November 20, 2022 2:17 AM

Our darling girl is bombastic and dorky many times. Still, her gift is esquisite and she gives from the heart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104November 20, 2022 2:26 AM

She's lucky she isn't dead, weighing a whopping 35 pounds.

by Anonymousreply 105November 20, 2022 2:43 AM

Celines voice really is so special and unique.

by Anonymousreply 106November 20, 2022 3:07 AM

She'll be dead soon. DEAD.

by Anonymousreply 107November 20, 2022 3:57 AM

How long has she looked unhealthy? In the 90s she was trim but not ill looking

by Anonymousreply 108November 20, 2022 4:28 AM

Celine had some beautiful days. She's a very French Canadian girl. She had a beautiful body, owns her strong features and loved couture fashion. No cosmetic surgery. Great hair and styling and LEGS and shoes. She has had wrinkes, a sharp chin and thin lips forever. But her body was on point. I fear she is very ill now. Eating disorders don't take hold in your late 40s unless you're that neurotic mess lying Jane Fonda.

Celine is a sweet approachable woman who understands her great gift and what's good about her looks too. No one so vocally talented can be unaware of it. She's a great DIVA. In the best way.

When people call Streisand or Whitney or Aretha arrogant - they had ears and eyes too.

Celine's husband turned her into a stage robot but she's nobody fool. She is a very loyal woman who rebelled when she could and found goofy and extravagant ways to please herself. Her wedding in Montreal was grander than Charles and Dianas'. Pretty much a provincial holiday.

Maybe she stopped eating, but I think Celine is ill.

Your comment is disgusting R107. Your fascination with impersonating Liza Minnelli speaks to your own rot.

We're all trolls now!!

I am no Anne Murray fan, but I love that Celine recorded and performed with her. She didn't need to.

Celine looks very pretty here and sounds just right. She soars but doesn't outsing old Anne. Celine's voice is as beautiful and as it is powerful. She doesn't need to belt to impress. She's a goosebump inducing singer with just her tone and clarity and RESONANCE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109November 20, 2022 4:54 AM

Celine is not mean r100. She's French Canadian strong, for sure, and very focused. This career didn't happen by accident. She's disciplined and I doubt wastes any time. But whip cracking? No.

Definitely a fun person, wacky sense of humor, but always aware of her position.

She's Canadian Royalty, make no mistake.

by Anonymousreply 110November 20, 2022 5:09 AM

The 'ancient white fags' troll is all over this thread, his most recent posts are r109/r110. A total loser of a person and completely vile.

by Anonymousreply 111November 20, 2022 5:18 AM

Celine shows her midriff. And Brunette. She sings a very good Diane Warren song that should have been a BIG hit. Go figure.

She is flawless in this song - but it's high up in her soprano and just doesn't quite deliver the emotion that she's known for. A most difficult song to sing. She already had BIG hits by this time - but her look and vocal style was still evolving. What Americans know of Celine is 25% of who she is....

Whitney and Celine were both genius singers - they always worked their vocals out in the recording booth within hours. Then sought to perform it better and more soulfully, LIVE!

My Heart Will Go On was recorded in one take - Celine didn't like the song and it was only a demo. Done very late at night. That's what we hear on the Soundtrack recording.

She recorded it again for her own album, after it became a sensation. Not her best song by a mile. She's wasn't wrong. But as a closing to a pretty great film - it was a haunting love story.

Celine remains a sensation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112November 20, 2022 5:38 AM

We don't like R107.

by Anonymousreply 113November 20, 2022 5:54 AM

[quote]R16 Karen Carpenter died because she was abusing Ipecac syrup which damages the heart muscle with regular use.

I have a low tolerance for anorexics. I know it’s an addiction and a mental illness, but come on, stop putting everyone through hell and simply eat a sandwich.

Especially some privileged white star like Karen Carpenter, who could have done practically anything she wanted to. She threw a hand grenade into her own life and I’M supposed to pity her?? Fuck that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114November 20, 2022 6:06 AM

R111 are you okay?

I'm r110. I did not post r109. We're not the same person.

Really....are you ok? Take care.

by Anonymousreply 115November 20, 2022 6:22 AM

R114 I'm on the same page...but women have it ROUGH when it comes to weight and beauty.

You could just as easily hate someone for smoking or drinking or gambling. There are reasons why they can't just stop.

by Anonymousreply 116November 20, 2022 6:24 AM

But those things are enjoyable! Starving isn’t enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 117November 20, 2022 6:41 AM

🎤 ☠️ 🎶

by Anonymousreply 118November 20, 2022 9:24 AM

What part of "it's a disease" do you not get R114?

by Anonymousreply 119November 20, 2022 12:02 PM

You do get a bit of a rush though

by Anonymousreply 120November 20, 2022 6:23 PM

Celines situation seems unusual. My understanding is that anorexia rarely develops in middle age.

by Anonymousreply 121November 20, 2022 6:27 PM

Could she have gotten thinner after losing Renee because of some diagnosis that was affecting her these last few years?

Kevin Conroy was really thin for years and then died recently because he had cancer. Could Celine have been diagnosed and lost weight...but kept touring?

It was called the Courage tour after all :(

by Anonymousreply 122November 21, 2022 2:29 PM

A gypsy cast a curse on her.

by Anonymousreply 123November 21, 2022 2:30 PM

"Thinner"

by Anonymousreply 124November 21, 2022 2:38 PM

She has stiff person syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 125December 8, 2022 10:12 AM

R125 I just read that…progressive and incurable. Poor Celine.

by Anonymousreply 126December 8, 2022 10:49 AM

R126 yes it's very sad. She's such a talented and gentle lady. Hopefully she gets good meds to deal with the discomfort.

by Anonymousreply 127December 8, 2022 10:53 AM

I thought anyone as skeletal as she appeared in photographs was anorexic and would suffer from muscle spasms. Perhaps she's being mis-diagnosed and is anorexic. At least that's curable. She should get at least a second, third, fourth and fifth opinion. Celebrity doctors are the worst (See Joan Rivers)

by Anonymousreply 128December 8, 2022 11:06 AM

R128 it's quite possible that there is a multiple diagnosis, but with the stigma around eating/food-related disorders they chose to only divulge the rarer condition.

by Anonymousreply 129December 9, 2022 12:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!