Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Bones & All” Reviews: Meh

Variety: “… a dull ramble.“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458March 29, 2023 2:28 PM

God, he’s fucking disgusting. It’s hilarious that he’s this generation’s matinee idol. Looks like a trailer park methhead. We’ve come a long way from Brad Pitt in Thelma & Louise.

by Anonymousreply 1September 2, 2022 5:23 PM

All I want to know is whether this will negatively impact his career.

by Anonymousreply 2September 2, 2022 5:27 PM

I think Wonka is actually going to hurt his career

by Anonymousreply 3September 2, 2022 5:29 PM

I'm curious about the DP, Arseni Khachaturan. What do the reviews say about the cinematography?

by Anonymousreply 4September 2, 2022 5:46 PM

OP says "reviews" and then only links to one. Guardian, FT, Telegraph, THR have all given good reviews

It's not updated yet, but here's the RT link for when it is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 2, 2022 6:04 PM

Since he has no problem baring his sternum or back on the red carpet, he better show his cock and/or ass in this.

by Anonymousreply 6September 2, 2022 6:06 PM

r5 Wait, what, this takes place in Ronald Reagan's America? I thought it was set in the present day. Now I'm doubly not interested, I fucking hate that time period.

Also, OP's reviewer says the zombie stuff in the movie signifies absolutely nothing. You have a gay director and a seemingly fruity writer, and they couldn't make the zombie stuff be about AIDS, really?

by Anonymousreply 7September 2, 2022 6:13 PM

I didn’t know they were [italic]cannibals[/italic], as in a separate species, like vampires. I thought it would be more a psychological/philosophical study of two damaged outsiders with a compulsion that binds them together - but that’s on me for not knowing the source material!

I’d still like to see it (though not in the cinema).

by Anonymousreply 8September 2, 2022 6:14 PM

I like Luca and I like Timothee but I’m gonna pass on this due to the shock n awe styled cannibal scenes.

by Anonymousreply 9September 2, 2022 6:45 PM

Too early to say how well this will do critically or at the box office. Take reviews coming out of film festivals with a grain of salt. However, neither the film nor him are happening at the oscars.

by Anonymousreply 10September 2, 2022 7:10 PM

Did someone say "Cannibals"? I'm not allowing that!

by Anonymousreply 11September 2, 2022 7:29 PM

Conveniently the OP links to the single bad review out of all the reviews

by Anonymousreply 12September 2, 2022 7:39 PM

91% from 11 reviews on RT now

by Anonymousreply 13September 2, 2022 8:25 PM

How do you eat the bones? Do you grind them up for some kind of soup?

by Anonymousreply 14September 2, 2022 8:35 PM

I (sort of) wanted to see this because I did truly love Guadagnino’s Suspiria remake, and I also like Chloe Sevigny, but Timmy’s involvement gives me pause.

by Anonymousreply 15September 2, 2022 9:07 PM

R1, We shall see, after his public views TC's Paul's late-2023 epic mano a mano combat with Austin Butler’s Feyd-Rautha in "Dune: Part Two."

by Anonymousreply 16September 3, 2022 12:26 PM

Variety dared use the name "James Dean" in the same sentence as Timothee's name? No, TC is not "neo-James Dean," FGS.

He's a squirrel being foisted upon us, a squirrel with a Ginsu knife jawline.

by Anonymousreply 17September 3, 2022 12:33 PM

Luca won Best Director at Venice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 10, 2022 8:30 PM

Seems cannibals are the Hot Kids. Television will soon air Ryan Murphy's latest, a series on Jeffrey Dahmer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 17, 2022 2:19 AM

Was he nominated for best actor ?

by Anonymousreply 20September 17, 2022 2:26 AM

Just reading the review turned my stomach.

by Anonymousreply 21September 17, 2022 3:59 AM

Given Armie Hammer's PR problems with cannibalism (and the fact that they are so intimately linked together in their stans' and former stans' imaginations), Chalamet was an absolute idiot for making this film.

by Anonymousreply 22September 17, 2022 4:06 AM

Trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 29, 2022 4:45 PM

This fug is insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 24October 1, 2022 8:44 AM

How is this rat still getting jobs?

by Anonymousreply 25October 1, 2022 9:27 AM

Surprised that this girl is 28. She looks 18.

by Anonymousreply 26October 1, 2022 9:59 AM

She's the new "It" Girl, don'tcha know.

And cannibalism is the new "It" Thing. This movie, Armie, TV's Jeffrey Dahmer.

Pushing depravity is a game to the 1%.

by Anonymousreply 27October 1, 2022 1:55 PM

He should enter MCU and never come back

by Anonymousreply 28October 1, 2022 2:29 PM

"Ratman: The Subway Pizza Caper."

"Ratman: The Return of the Black Death."

"Ratman: Sabotage in the Sewer."

by Anonymousreply 29October 1, 2022 10:45 PM

Did Luca blow his load too early or too late?

by Anonymousreply 30October 2, 2022 12:33 AM

Is Tim too good looking for this role?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 6, 2022 10:34 AM

I saw the trailer, nope not for me.

by Anonymousreply 32October 6, 2022 10:41 AM

Love love love, Timmy! I will go see it many times! Ding dong!!!

by Anonymousreply 33October 6, 2022 11:13 AM

I'm glad I don't go to the movies anymore.

For so many reasons.

by Anonymousreply 34October 6, 2022 11:33 AM

Movie must be expected to tank if they've already resorted to stripping out to sell it and it's not even out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 25, 2022 6:16 PM

Taylor and Mark Rylance got in at the Gotham Awards but no Timmy and the categories were woke and gender neutral.

by Anonymousreply 36October 26, 2022 12:44 AM

The studio just announced that they're moving Chalamet from supporting to lead. Imagine how awkward it will be on the set of Dune if Austin gets in but Timmy doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 37October 26, 2022 4:23 PM

R37 How and why would that be awkward?

by Anonymousreply 38October 26, 2022 4:24 PM

R38: Because they're both now competing in the lead actor category and as of today Austin is safe for the nomination while Timmy is at best a possibility.

by Anonymousreply 39October 26, 2022 4:27 PM

R38 So? I still don't see how that would make it awkward. Unless both or one of them is a man-child that takes himself and silly awards too seriously

by Anonymousreply 40October 26, 2022 4:33 PM

R35

Snooze-fest Central Interview.

And Tim-Tim always brings back everything to HIM.

Willy Wonka bla-bla-bla Dune 2 bla-bla-bla...

And the reference to her astrological sign is pathetic.

Bitch please.

by Anonymousreply 41October 26, 2022 9:05 PM

Boners & All? By George!

by Anonymousreply 42October 26, 2022 10:55 PM

R41: I didn’t even notice. God he really does have narcissistic personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 43October 26, 2022 11:13 PM

Yes he does.

by Anonymousreply 44October 26, 2022 11:35 PM

Just the description for this movie is unappealing. If I wanted to see skinny cannibals in action, I'd move back to Oklahoma.

by Anonymousreply 45October 27, 2022 12:34 AM

I think part of the problem with his career is that he continues to get miscast. Why would you cast a stick figure like him as some cannibalistic, murderous thug?

by Anonymousreply 46October 27, 2022 2:56 AM

R46 I agree to this so much. The only two roles he actually was fit for was call me by your name and other movies where he might've played as a student. He was miscast in little women as well. How on earth was he cast as Laurie? I mean.. I can bet they didn't take notes from the novel or the old versions of the movie. Does he look like he could play a King? No and yet he did. When he rips his shirt open, all you could see is a skinny body of a sixteen year old, HW is pushing him because he's different, he's not your normal good looking guy with a great physique, woke people love different, having fem mannerisms, being all cute and awkward attracts girls which is understandable but imagine wanting to get boned by that creature, as if there's anything sexy or even remotely HOT about his personality and character.

by Anonymousreply 47October 27, 2022 10:56 AM

Christian Bale was perfectly cast as Laurie.

by Anonymousreply 48October 28, 2022 2:44 AM

As an elderly person, I've become aware of Chalamet only recently and watched a few of his movies. I'm not sure he's brilliant but you can't not pay attention to him on screen. He has that it factor of movie stars. I'm not convinced his brand will stand the test of time but I remember the same about pretty boy dicaprio back in the 90s. And boy has he proven many people wrong. Say what you want about Leo, but he has had the gold standard career for actors.

I'm pretty sure Chalamet's looks won't hold up though. Quirky beautiful boys rarely do. Look at Jonathan rhys Meyers. Even if chalamet avoids JRM's excesses, he has so little fat to soften aging lines.

by Anonymousreply 49October 28, 2022 5:08 AM

Okay now listen, you. Don't compare 90s Leo DiCaprio to Timothee Chalamet ever again. Leo was very beautiful, and has a gorgeous body and face. He was confident and exuded charisma, he didn't have a stick like figure, nor did he sit in interviews awkwardly and laugh nervously having no idea what he is saying which is somehow deemed as attractive nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 50October 28, 2022 5:18 AM

Had a gorgeous*

by Anonymousreply 51October 28, 2022 5:21 AM

I think Chalamet should do some period dramas. Something akin to what Monty Clift did in The Heiress.

by Anonymousreply 52October 28, 2022 5:34 AM

I was hoping the movie wasn’t going to be a gore-fest, but it looks like I’ll have to skip it, as much as I love watching Timmy work.

by Anonymousreply 53October 28, 2022 6:17 AM

[quote]Unless both or one of them is a man-child that takes himself and silly awards too seriously

So, Chalamet then? Read his GQ profile, he believes his own hype and thinks he deserves awards

by Anonymousreply 54October 28, 2022 10:33 AM

I'm not keen on seeing cannibalism on the big screen but I have yet to see Chalamet in the theater so I'm going to give it a try.

I regret not watching Dune in the theater. I'm hoping they re-release it in imax just before part 2 opens.

by Anonymousreply 55October 28, 2022 11:36 AM

I get from both Butler and Chalamet avid ambition. I bet they would sacrifice a family member for an Oscar nomination.

by Anonymousreply 56October 28, 2022 11:40 AM

R56: They both fucked Lily Rose Depp too. That’s gotta be awkward on the set of Dune.

by Anonymousreply 57October 28, 2022 2:49 PM

It was a hookup for butler. Chalamet said he loved her in the gq interview. I'm guessing if there was any angst on set, it was from Timmy.

by Anonymousreply 58October 28, 2022 2:59 PM

Funny how that love evaporated when the promo tour for The King was over.

by Anonymousreply 59October 28, 2022 3:18 PM

Let's call it empheral love, okay?

by Anonymousreply 60October 29, 2022 4:10 AM

R60

You meant ephemeral?

by Anonymousreply 61October 29, 2022 7:08 AM

I'm a college drop-out!

by Anonymousreply 62October 29, 2022 2:32 PM

I go to the dentist, that makes me an old soul

by Anonymousreply 63October 29, 2022 5:05 PM

Society is about to collapse and it's so hard for me to be alive

by Anonymousreply 64October 30, 2022 3:01 PM

I was snubbed for my transformative, brilliant work in Beautiful Boy!

by Anonymousreply 65October 31, 2022 2:24 AM

You can see my hardon in CMBYN.

by Anonymousreply 66October 31, 2022 3:06 AM

As well as my ass

by Anonymousreply 67October 31, 2022 3:09 AM

Well, you can see where his ass should be

by Anonymousreply 68October 31, 2022 2:19 PM

Watched Abbot Elementary last night and one of the characters name-checked TC. And then during a commercial break, ABC aired the Bones and All trailer. Was that a coincidence or a known marketing ploy?

I was surprised to see the trailer during AE. Doesn't seem the audience for the tv show would be the same for the movie? Also surprised by how little the trailer showed TC. Would think he would be the biggest selling point, but the kept it true with Russell as the lead. One last surprise, the trailer was crap. The one with the Leonard Cohen song was better.

by Anonymousreply 69November 4, 2022 12:57 AM

Dud. Timmys fem schtick has gotten very old very fast.

by Anonymousreply 70November 4, 2022 1:32 AM

R70 he has wrinkles all over his cheeks especially when he smiles, he's only 26, Richard Madden does too, but at least he's hot.

by Anonymousreply 71November 4, 2022 9:54 AM

R56, Is "avid ambition" a pejorative for actors, a term of approbation only for politicians and CEOs? Austin in particular probably feels about a decade behind in his career, given he has said (in so many words) that Leo's has been his gold standard.

R52, Can you IMAGINE Timothee in the door-pounding scene? Hahahaha! Paired with the 18-year-old Elizabeth in "APITS"? Oh, my stars and garters! There is, in short, no Montgomery Clift role that Chalamet could handle.

by Anonymousreply 72November 4, 2022 11:52 AM

This movie and Wonka will really test Timothee’s popularity. If he’s truly the movie star of his generation like many peopleinsist he is, both movies should have no problem making money.

by Anonymousreply 73November 4, 2022 7:02 PM

R72 If Austin is ambitious he has every right to be. People were making fun of him for months before Elvis released but he killed it and gave one of the best biopic performances I’ve ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 74November 4, 2022 7:03 PM

people insist*

by Anonymousreply 75November 4, 2022 7:03 PM

Bones and all isn't a big mainstream movie though. It would be unfair to expect it to make 100 million plus. Its budget was 16m. And the subject matter is way out there. I think box office that goes into the 20 or 30 million is a fairer barometer. If it doesn't make back its budget then that would count against Chalamet.

Wonka, I agree, needs to make loads of money. Paul King directed the Paddington movies and they are fantastic. I don't recall if they were blockbusters.

by Anonymousreply 76November 4, 2022 7:10 PM

Timothee still feels too niche for me to accept as a movie star. To be a movie star, people of all races have to accept you. Timothee’s biggest fans seem to be white girls and white gays.

by Anonymousreply 77November 4, 2022 7:10 PM

R77, I agree, it could be he's way too niche for superstardom. It is not yet certain if his social media popularity will actually translate into box office. It really does seem we'll find out within the next year or 2.

If dune 2 is a mega hit, rather than just being successful, it may buy him more time even his other movies do not succeed.

by Anonymousreply 78November 4, 2022 7:19 PM

[quote]People were making fun of him for months before Elvis released

And he deserved it for the way he kept using the accent. It'd be like if Gaga used her ridiculous accent for the House of Gucci press tour.

by Anonymousreply 79November 4, 2022 7:37 PM

R79 He still gave an amazing performance. The Elvis accent thing stopped bothering me once I watched the movie lol.

by Anonymousreply 80November 4, 2022 7:39 PM

It doesn't matter how excellent the performance is, it's a pretentious and awards-baity thing to do and made him look ridiculous. That and him claiming he had to be hospitalised after production ended.

by Anonymousreply 81November 4, 2022 7:41 PM

It was so shit to work with baz, I ended up in the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 82November 4, 2022 7:46 PM

Timothee is going to play Bob Dylan, that sounds even more insufferable to me.

by Anonymousreply 83November 4, 2022 7:46 PM

Speaking of House of Gucci, I couldn't believe the director or producers didn't have a word with Leto. It was like watching an eyetalians sketch on snl.

by Anonymousreply 84November 4, 2022 7:49 PM

r83 Is that back on? Thought it had been scrapped. I hope that woman he broke lockdown rules to go fuck in Cabo gets the part in it, just to piss off his little fangirls

by Anonymousreply 85November 4, 2022 8:47 PM

[quote]Timothee still feels too niche for me to accept as a movie star.

Yet they keep peddling him as the second coming of 90's Leo.

by Anonymousreply 86November 5, 2022 12:35 AM

R77: He is only online and Gen Z famous. I think if you asked 100 random people on the street who he was, very few would have any idea and those that did would be very young or follow celebrity gossip online.

by Anonymousreply 87November 5, 2022 2:12 AM

R85: The Bob Dylan film is all but dead. He needs to let that one go. Apparently his Cabo shenanigans didn't help. I really liked him up until that point. Partying and PR stunting at the height of the pandemic while the rest of us were locked down and certainly couldn't fly internationally. It's like all of a sudden he turned into a massive attention whore and an insufferable one at that.

by Anonymousreply 88November 5, 2022 2:18 AM

I think he was guilty of being completely oblivious but don't think Cabo was actual pr stunt? I mean if it was, why would he choose to do pr that makes look that bad? Just seems like he forgot his crafted humble shy guy image and followed his dick down to Cabo. On a private plane during a pandemic. I think that's the part where he should be busted.

by Anonymousreply 89November 5, 2022 6:15 AM

R89 seen being cozy with an actress once or twice, photos go viral, then we never see them together in the same frame. Yup, that's called a PR stunt.

by Anonymousreply 90November 5, 2022 7:59 AM

R86 When you watch a young Leo you absolutely understand why he became a star. Or when you watch a young Joaquin you understand why he’s so revered. I don’t feel that way with Timothee. I’m willing to have my mind changed but people give him way too much. They’re desperate to make him this once in a lifetime talent and I’m just not feeling it.

by Anonymousreply 91November 5, 2022 11:29 AM

You’ve even got reviewers comparing him to James Dean. I’d take Dean in East of Eden over any Chalamet performance.

by Anonymousreply 92November 5, 2022 11:31 AM

I’m not saying Timothee has no talent btw. He’s talented and has a charming personality. I just wish he wasn’t so overhyped.

by Anonymousreply 93November 5, 2022 11:36 AM

Trevante Rhodes in Moonlight was just as revelatory as Timothee in Call Me By Your Name.

by Anonymousreply 94November 5, 2022 11:37 AM

R29 Timothee is Jewish. Comparing him to a rat is antisemitic.

by Anonymousreply 95November 5, 2022 11:41 AM

The word 'charming' died along with R93 's ability to be relevant.

by Anonymousreply 96November 5, 2022 12:19 PM

He's both talented and overhyped. Time will tell on both counts.

Teeny fandom is feckless. If he's around in 5 or 10 years, then the conversation really starts about his place in acting history.

In the meantime I'm going to enjoy his youthful beauty. We know we'll be bitchy about it when it disappears.

by Anonymousreply 97November 5, 2022 12:53 PM

How many of you were around when Leo was hitting it out in the 90s? I remember a lot of the same things said about him in the mid to late 90s. It's easy to say you knew he was going to be a superstar now but I remember being a little embarrassed as a fan of his. He was a teen heartthrob and I had to defend my fandom by pointing out his performances in what's eating Gilbert grape, etc and move the convo away from Romeo and juliet.

And no he didnt have a great body! He was a skinny kid himself. Nothing wrong with being skinny but he was mocked for not exactly being masculine. Though of course no one is as skinny as chalamet. Dicaprio was skinny, chalamet is skinny with a very narrow build. His head is nearly as wide as his shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 98November 5, 2022 1:08 PM

Romeo + Juliet, Titanic, and Catch Me If You Can were obvious movie star performances. Timothee has yet to have one. Maybe Wonka will be it for him.

by Anonymousreply 99November 5, 2022 1:37 PM

The one and only reason DiCaprio gets first dibs is because his films make money. They don’t hire him for his looks or talent. He’s extremely overrated like little lord cigarette.

by Anonymousreply 100November 5, 2022 1:40 PM

An actor’s movies only make money if people want to watch them and accept them as a movie star.

by Anonymousreply 101November 5, 2022 1:46 PM

Call Me By Your Name was a good performance but it wasn’t a movie star performance. Timothee needs a performance that connects with people of all backgrounds.

by Anonymousreply 102November 5, 2022 1:47 PM

Yeah Wonka and this film are make or break for him. Things like Dune and Don’t Look Up had a lot more going for it than just him. DiCaprio was successful because he appealed to only women but to men as well. I agree the only people that care about Chalamet are teenage girls and Gen Z entertainment journalists. He seems polarizing and divisive whereas Leo was not

by Anonymousreply 103November 5, 2022 1:48 PM

R95 no one calls him rat cause he's JW. they call him cause he looks like one.

by Anonymousreply 104November 5, 2022 1:48 PM

This is a small, arthouse film so no I’m not expecting huge numbers. However, if the hype around him is real, it needs to pull in decent, respectable numbers. The critical and commercial reception will affect him here. We’ll find out if he can put a few butts on seats.

by Anonymousreply 105November 5, 2022 1:51 PM

The trailer for this was really good so I could see it doing well at the box office.

by Anonymousreply 106November 5, 2022 2:05 PM

Cabo, and then he further exposed himself at Cannes for the French Dispatch, where he blanked a PR aide so he could stay in the photos, and was obviously high and attention-seeking on the red carpet

by Anonymousreply 107November 5, 2022 3:11 PM

I think he's interesting and talented enough, but it's the overhyping that ruins it for me and makes me dislike him.

by Anonymousreply 108November 6, 2022 1:06 AM

The original concept for this film was that the male lead was a jock type. Timmy of course changed it to be an awkward emo type, which is more in his wheelhouse.

In hindsight, I think he gave one great performance in CMBYN. Otherwise, I think he is average.

by Anonymousreply 109November 6, 2022 1:22 AM

This review calls him a "thrift shop version of Leonardo DiCaprio in William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Literally, Lee is the poor man's Leo, boasting all the allure but on a budget."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110November 6, 2022 1:33 AM

Hard pass

by Anonymousreply 111November 6, 2022 1:40 AM

R48 I have to disagree. I didn't like how he and Winona sounded - like they were reciting archaic dialogue. Chalamet and Ronan were way more natural, so were Lawford and Allyson.

by Anonymousreply 112November 6, 2022 2:05 AM

He reminds me so much of Anne Hathaway: hateable and I know nothing will change my mind. Punchable face and annoying personality who thinks he's an old soul because he goes to the dentist.

by Anonymousreply 113November 6, 2022 5:15 AM

R113

Do you mean Timothée goes to this « Soul » place for his teeth?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114November 6, 2022 6:29 AM

OCTOBER 2022 ISSUE The Chalamet Effect: Timothée Talks Fate, Fashion And Being An Old Soul

At 26, Timothée Chalamet is already a consummate, cool-as-they-come movie star. As he gets set to become the actor of his generation, Giles Hattersley goes in search of the real boy wonder. Photographs by Steven Meisel. Styling by Edward Enninful.

BY GILES HATTERSLEY

“When Covid hit, it required me to take a step back and be humbled to the idea that the greatest rock star…” panic suddenly crinkles his features. “No, I don’t want to use that word, sorry, sorry. Scratch rock star. But [everyone has to] deal with, like, taxes and the dentist and real adulting, you know? I should have been trying to get my adult feet under myself a little bit earlier than I did,” he says.

“I found myself having to really, you know, be honest with myself that where I’ve been able to get myself to in life was balls to the wall, like throwing everything at [it] at a young age that, by some miracle, got me to where I am. But to then transition to an adulting mindset…”

Taxes and the dentist? He laughs. “I’ve always paid my taxes, I always went to the dentist, but I’m suddenly very aware of that.” It’s classic quarter-life stuff, lived at hyper-speed. “So the ways I feel older than 26 I have always felt,” he says, relaxing. “It’s not like I feel like I’ve had some mental breakthrough that has given me perspective.

The perspective that feels ‘old man’, I feel like I was born with it.” Such as? “The empath thing, the thinking for everyone in the room, the sort of misplaced idea, this sort of illusion, of control based on trying to feel for everyone.”

In Bones & All, reunited with Guadagnino, who directed him to an Oscar nomination for Call Me by Your Name, he wove elements of himself into the character. “With Lee, the illusion of control is based on feeling for no one and not even interacting with anyone.” That Lee’s affliction is cannibalism, not being very famous, perhaps gives some insight into the extreme head-f**k of the latter. “And I guess that’s where I’m at.”

by Anonymousreply 115November 6, 2022 6:45 AM

"The actor of his generation"? IDTS!

by Anonymousreply 116November 6, 2022 7:19 AM

[quote] There is, in short, no Montgomery Clift role that Chalamet could handle.

I think he could handle "Red River", "The Search", and "The Big Lift" now, perhaps the others as he gets older.

by Anonymousreply 117November 6, 2022 7:42 AM

His celebrity always feels forced and inorganic.

by Anonymousreply 118November 6, 2022 1:13 PM

It looks so incredibly pretentious.

I didn’t particularly like Luca’s We Are Who We Are series but I am glad I discovered Tom Mercier through it.

by Anonymousreply 119November 6, 2022 1:19 PM

r115 LOL he actually describes himself as "the greatest" before remembering he's meant to pretend to be humble

by Anonymousreply 120November 6, 2022 1:35 PM

R117 Red River? Hahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 121November 6, 2022 3:38 PM

R117

Timothée looks like a Monty Clift doppelgänger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122November 6, 2022 8:08 PM

Montgomery Clift was and looked like a man.

R117, "The Search"?! Yeah---if he played the BOY.

by Anonymousreply 123November 9, 2022 5:02 PM

Even the ads on Youtube I'm surprised of how little of Timmy is featured. I guess it's really Taylor's movie.

by Anonymousreply 124November 9, 2022 9:03 PM

Timmy still seems like a sickly child

by Anonymousreply 125November 9, 2022 9:21 PM

Who's the audience for this movie?

by Anonymousreply 126November 9, 2022 9:39 PM

That is the $64k question. Art house? Timmy fans? Horror? Maybe they think they cobble together a disparate group of fans and win the box office game.

They are really hard selling it as a romance too.

by Anonymousreply 127November 9, 2022 9:46 PM

I understand wanting to do a favor for Luca but he really shouldn't have said yes to this. It's just one of those films that's not going to do his career any favors.

by Anonymousreply 128November 9, 2022 9:50 PM

Shocked that it's being dubbed a "queer" horror film at r110. Are cannibals now under the LGBTQ umbrella?

by Anonymousreply 129November 9, 2022 9:51 PM

Timmy has a sex scene with a male. In the words of Luca, “he makes him cum and then he eats him”.

by Anonymousreply 130November 9, 2022 10:16 PM

One brief scene where we hear more than see anything and then he makes him cum and they eat him

by Anonymousreply 131November 9, 2022 10:20 PM

Luca said he would not have made the movie without Timothee.

by Anonymousreply 132November 9, 2022 10:44 PM

He likely would not have received the funding without him. Also, it is likely it would have taken longer for Timothee to get a producer credit without Luca.

by Anonymousreply 133November 9, 2022 10:55 PM

R131: That's what I heard. Does he show his ass? Cock maybe.

by Anonymousreply 134November 9, 2022 11:18 PM

[quote]Does he show his ass? Cock maybe.

No.

by Anonymousreply 135November 9, 2022 11:34 PM

Flop

by Anonymousreply 136November 10, 2022 1:15 AM

I never miss a Young Adult cannibal movie....

by Anonymousreply 137November 10, 2022 2:36 AM

Timothee gets eaten in the end. And not in the way I'd like for him to be.

by Anonymousreply 138November 10, 2022 8:48 AM

The intended audience is Timothee fangirls, duh.

by Anonymousreply 139November 10, 2022 9:03 AM

R126 Armie Hammer and the likes of him.

by Anonymousreply 140November 10, 2022 11:48 AM

R136: Short run at the box office and perhaps a psych eval for those attending voluntarily.

by Anonymousreply 141November 11, 2022 5:12 PM

I don’t know about movie star. Every actor has haters but the people that hate him REALLY hate him.

by Anonymousreply 142November 12, 2022 1:28 PM

He seems like the type of person that will make you wait as he tries on clothes. Always has an air of arrogance to him.

by Anonymousreply 143November 12, 2022 1:30 PM

He's wearing pearls now. And is that lipstick? His lips look noticeably darker in the photos of him arriving than they do in the other photos from this event, so either lipstick or he just sucked some dick

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144November 12, 2022 4:27 PM

Do they have a shenis?

by Anonymousreply 145November 12, 2022 4:31 PM

Holy fuck that is one old looking 27 year old male.

by Anonymousreply 146November 12, 2022 5:09 PM

They are so greedy and arrogant. There really should’ve been an accompanying streaming option given the icky subject matter.

by Anonymousreply 147November 12, 2022 8:32 PM

He's not done with the silly outfits. Going sleeveless when your arms are like sticks, those heels, and he couldn't find a pair of leather trousers shot enough to not bunch around the boot?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148November 12, 2022 10:25 PM

Liza is back, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 149November 12, 2022 10:48 PM

r148 This is offensive content.

by Anonymousreply 150November 13, 2022 1:04 AM

I hope that Timothée will remain male.

Don’t want another Tommy Dorfman disaster nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 151November 13, 2022 1:09 AM

I hate this boring ass scarecrow.

by Anonymousreply 152November 13, 2022 3:30 AM

I know the hair is a thing for his fans but he needs to cut his hair. Especially if he wants to transition past teen roles. The curls are cute but he is more handsome with shorter hair.

by Anonymousreply 153November 13, 2022 5:08 AM

Baby boy is a Star now.

With crowd of fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154November 13, 2022 6:56 AM

R153 He looks like a kid in shorter hair, and he doesn't look tall despite being 5"10 ? And please don't use the word 'handsome'. He doesn't even come close to being handsome.

by Anonymousreply 155November 13, 2022 6:57 AM

Taylor Russell?

The only Russell I love is Rosalind and not Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 156November 13, 2022 7:01 AM

R148, The bunched-up cuffs are intentional.

by Anonymousreply 157November 13, 2022 8:48 AM

R154: His PR tells these rags what to write. Just another attempt to hype this extremely overhyped man as the next DiCaprio. Please.

by Anonymousreply 158November 13, 2022 1:21 PM

R158 No it’s real. I guess Timmy is a legit movie star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159November 14, 2022 1:02 AM

Curious about how this will do at the box office.

by Anonymousreply 160November 14, 2022 1:06 AM

R159: There are no movie stars anymore. Even old timers like Nick Nolte and Jennifer Aniston are admitting it now. R160: I'm curious about the box office too. It's an indie film with a tricky subject matter so I don't think there will be huge numbers but it does need to make a decent showing. This and Wonka are make or break for him. Unlike with Dune, he won't have an A list ensemble or other factors to hide behind. The industry will finally be forced to prove the hype around him with evidence and box office receipts. Hollywood will finally be forced to prove whether or not his social media hype is real or not.

by Anonymousreply 161November 14, 2022 1:20 AM

R161 If this and Wonka do well at the box office then Timothee will have to be considered a movie star.

by Anonymousreply 162November 14, 2022 1:40 AM

What’s the audience for this though. A Cannibal movie? She eats him in the end. Seriously

Wouldn’t Gen Zers be especially squeamish about that? I mean I could probably just laugh (but not really).

by Anonymousreply 163November 14, 2022 1:43 AM

Not everything he's been in has been a hit. Beautiful Boy and The King are examples. Granted those were smaller films and he was just starting out but they were intensely pushing him back then too. His celebrity has always felt forced and inorganic. They really do want him to happen on a big level.

by Anonymousreply 164November 14, 2022 1:43 AM

He’s already happened tbh. The question is does he have longevity in Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 165November 14, 2022 2:15 AM

Who knew, Armie was promoting Timothee's movie all along

by Anonymousreply 166November 14, 2022 11:37 AM

The reported budget is $16 million. So I would say it needs to make at least $35 million globally in order to be successful. He seems to be more popular internationally than domestically but the domestic box office matters too. However, his PR is effective and huge so even if it comes up short or disappoints I think they will still somehow try to spin it as positive.

by Anonymousreply 167November 14, 2022 7:49 PM

r167 I'd say $45 million is needed to turn a profit, once you add in the marketing costs

by Anonymousreply 168November 14, 2022 8:51 PM

Yeah the promotional budget for a film of this caliber is probably higher than the supposed reported budget. I could see it doing well overseas but not as strong domestically. If that’s the case, I could see it being deemed disappointing but not a total flop. It will be interesting to see if his social media following and hype translates to success at the box office.

by Anonymousreply 169November 15, 2022 12:09 AM

R159: No Italy that is just bad organization from the institutions. As always. Yes there were a lot of people but not an overwhelming crowd. They underestimated the event, because those who organize it often are a group of ignorant 60-year-olds. His PR tells these rags what to write. We’ll find out if he can deliver at the box office on his name alone.

by Anonymousreply 170November 16, 2022 2:15 PM

[quote]They underestimated the event

That assumes they weren't planning to cancel it all along and get the PR they've been getting about how he's such a big star he draws such big crowds, etc.

by Anonymousreply 171November 16, 2022 2:21 PM

His best bet would be to shop around the Nancy Kulp biopic.

by Anonymousreply 172November 16, 2022 2:51 PM

Rolling out the pr guns now...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173November 16, 2022 4:34 PM

R173: A couple of desperate whores.

by Anonymousreply 174November 16, 2022 4:38 PM

Didn't this movie get panned weeks ago?

by Anonymousreply 175November 16, 2022 4:55 PM

Lost weight to play a cannibal? If he lost any more weight, he'd be dead.

by Anonymousreply 176November 16, 2022 8:11 PM

You’ll all have to bite your tongues when this movie is successful at the box office.

by Anonymousreply 177November 16, 2022 9:14 PM

r177 Define success then. How much business is it going to do?

by Anonymousreply 178November 16, 2022 9:27 PM

Does Variety always write such worshipful articles about actors or did someone get paid very very well to promote the hell out of Chalamet? With publicity like that he can hardly fail. Must be nice. I find celebrity worship to be nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 179November 16, 2022 10:18 PM

R179: He is signed with Sunshine Sachs; the same PR firm that represents Harry and Meghan. Each fawning profile is more cringeworthy than the last. Yes it amazing how they’ve been able to get so many sensitive and gullible teenage Gen Z girls to believe that this talentless, fugly thing is the second coming in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 180November 16, 2022 10:21 PM

Plus his agent has a lot of genuinely high-value clients, so he can call in plenty of favours

by Anonymousreply 181November 16, 2022 10:23 PM

R178: Limited release this Friday and then wide release on November 23rd.

by Anonymousreply 182November 16, 2022 10:24 PM

r182 No, I was trying to get r177 to give a dollar amount on how much this movie needs to do to be considered a success. As we all know that the fangirls will try to spin anything into a success after the fact. Making them give a figure before the fact will stop that bullshit.

In r168 I suggested $45 million for the film to break even. Presumably, r177 thinks it will go more than that, as they claim it will be a success at the box office, which means a profit.

by Anonymousreply 183November 16, 2022 10:27 PM

Here's one take on chalamet and box office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184November 16, 2022 10:40 PM

That article claims he's been in four $100 million films, and yet only Dune and Little Women made more than 100m, so just another article puffing up Chalamet with no factual basis

by Anonymousreply 185November 16, 2022 10:48 PM

There are no stars anymore just falling rocks.

by Anonymousreply 186November 16, 2022 11:14 PM

Sartorially speaking, while the garments Chalamet chooses aren't my cup of tea, the one thing I do give him credit for is he's adventurous, yes, I'll go so far as to say fearless, in his style.

It's the same with Rocco Ritchie. I actually like his latter-day 1940s suits.

And, among other things, what else is being in your 20s for if you can't let your freak flag fly when it comes to clothing?

by Anonymousreply 187November 17, 2022 12:01 AM

It's not his freak flag though, is it? He's just wearing them for the PR attention. It'd be a different thing if it was his actual style, but the way he dresses normally proves it isn't.

by Anonymousreply 188November 17, 2022 12:09 AM

I’m rewatching Call Me By Your Name. Beautiful movie and Timothee is quite attractive in it, but a lot of people were making his performance out to be the second coming of Montgomery Clift and I just don’t see it.

by Anonymousreply 189November 17, 2022 12:57 AM

It’s definitely the best performance he’s ever given. However, while he gave a very emotive performance, I don’t think the role was much of a stretch. I mean wasn’t he just essentially playing himself to a certain degree?

by Anonymousreply 190November 17, 2022 1:01 AM

The article also states DiCaprio and Chalamet earned supporting actor nominations by age 27. Chalamet's oscar nom was for lead actor.

by Anonymousreply 191November 17, 2022 1:47 AM

R183: Oh I’m sorry. Yes I would say it needs to make at least $45 million worldwide to turn a profit and be a success. It’s not just the fangirls. He has a PR that says he’s Daniel Day Lewis, Moses, and the second coming all in one. So even if the numbers come up a little short, his PR will still somehow try to spin it as positive.

by Anonymousreply 192November 17, 2022 2:07 AM

CMBYN earned about 41M worldwide so $45M for BAA isn't out of reach. Of course, the whole cannibalism thing could dampen box office a bit. Who knows though, I'm so out of touch, I don't know what draws people to movie theaters anymore. I plan to watch it so there's $12 there.

by Anonymousreply 193November 17, 2022 2:30 AM

R177: Well if the movie isn't even out yet and they're stripping and posing like desperate whores for Variety, I would say at the least they're not 100% confident.

by Anonymousreply 194November 17, 2022 2:48 AM

I like his personality willing to take risks and he doesn’t give a fck or two about the haters. He’s beautiful btw

by Anonymousreply 195November 17, 2022 4:14 AM

I don’t think he would have so many haters if his fanbase wasn’t as obnoxious and if the media didn’t kiss his ass 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 196November 17, 2022 4:45 AM

Because he’s actually likable and hasn’t really done anything to be hated for. It’s just his fans and the media that ruin it.

by Anonymousreply 197November 17, 2022 4:45 AM

I don’t know about likable. Wasn’t there a blind that alleged he bullied some girl out of LaGuardia?

by Anonymousreply 198November 17, 2022 4:52 AM

Yes the media and especially his fangirls are annoying as fuck but he’s not completely innocent. He’s got a massive ego for sure and thinks he’ll always stay on the A list. Also, for people who hate woke culture I’m sure the jewelry and non-binary outfits make those people think he’s the poster boy for Hollywood wokeism.

by Anonymousreply 199November 17, 2022 4:56 AM

R198 Do you have more info?

by Anonymousreply 200November 17, 2022 5:11 AM

He met a girl at a party, got her number and when they arranged to meet up he basically tried negging her, saying stuff like she wasn't as attractive as he thought she was at the party, etc.

by Anonymousreply 201November 17, 2022 10:28 AM

Here in New York it’s only playing at Union Square and Lowes Lincoln Square. Does the box office matter not matter until it goes into wide release next week?

by Anonymousreply 202November 17, 2022 9:49 PM

I hope this movie makes me understand Timothee hype’s as an actor.

by Anonymousreply 203November 18, 2022 5:16 PM

Has anybody seen it yet in NY or LA?

by Anonymousreply 204November 18, 2022 11:46 PM

Sounds like it’s going to bomb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205November 20, 2022 7:06 PM

I’m shocked it’s going to 2400 screens next week. It sounds DOA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206November 20, 2022 11:08 PM

I saw a preview for this movie this past weekend, and I really wondered, “who is going to see this?”

It is a Stephen King movie without … you know, the horror.

by Anonymousreply 207November 20, 2022 11:13 PM

It sounds extremely gory, pass.

by Anonymousreply 208November 20, 2022 11:18 PM

I loved it but I've loved all of Guadagnino's movies so clearly I'm an outlier on DL, where we hate all successful gay men but then scream about how gay men are being erased.

That said wide audiences are probably not going to like it at all, it's very weird and more about metaphor than being any kind of visceral horror fest

by Anonymousreply 209November 20, 2022 11:32 PM

It should have been a Halloween release

by Anonymousreply 210November 20, 2022 11:32 PM

Looking more and more like a flop

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211November 20, 2022 11:38 PM

I’m sure it’s a good movie but if Timothee really is a movie star then shouldn’t it do better at the box office? Difficult subject matter or not.

by Anonymousreply 212November 20, 2022 11:52 PM

That articles seems to confirm his fanbase mostly comprises of Gen Z and young Millennial women.

by Anonymousreply 213November 21, 2022 12:17 AM

I'm surprised it's not going to play at my neighborhood theater. It used to only show indie fare but with the demise of the 2 big chain theaters nearby, it now shows a mixture of indie and mainstream fare. This movie is actually only showing in the big chains in my area and isn't scheduled for the most popular indie theater in the city.

by Anonymousreply 214November 21, 2022 12:30 AM

I questioned the over the top framing of the movie as a teen romance. It seemed almost like false advertising, luring people in with romance when it reportedly has some gory moments. Enough gore that people were walking out. I'm guessing the older indie cinema fans weren't convinced.

by Anonymousreply 215November 21, 2022 12:34 AM

r209 How is the 80's vibe in this one? I thought that was one of the things Guadagnino nailed in CMBYN.

by Anonymousreply 216November 21, 2022 3:44 AM

r209 Oh fuck off, Luca is so self-loathing that no self-respecting gay man should support him

by Anonymousreply 217November 21, 2022 1:44 PM

r216 it's dialed back a lot - I think it's as good as CMBYN on that front, in that it doesn't call attention to itself. CMBYN probably did even a little more than this. I was a kid in the 80s and there were moments that felt like memories transported from that time, production-design-wise

by Anonymousreply 218November 21, 2022 5:50 PM

I'm not thrilled with the cannibal storyline but as an 80s kid too, I look forward to see how the era is captured in the movie. And the music should be good too.

by Anonymousreply 219November 21, 2022 8:06 PM

I didn’t realize this was his first time as a producer. Not like that bullshit vanity title actually means anything when it’s actors.

by Anonymousreply 220November 21, 2022 8:13 PM

The Thanksgiving release suggests they thought it had a chance at awards season. It was never going to happen at the oscars because of the subject matter and even though they're not going to be nominated the only ones getting any sort of individual notices are Taylor Russell and Mark Rylance.

by Anonymousreply 221November 21, 2022 9:38 PM

Time for another tantrum

by Anonymousreply 222November 21, 2022 9:53 PM

So if this bombs will the media and his fans still insist Timothee is a movie star?

by Anonymousreply 223November 22, 2022 12:20 AM

[quote]I was a kid in the 80s

Me too!

by Anonymousreply 224November 22, 2022 3:07 AM

r223 Of course they will

Funny how r177 still hasn't taken up my challenge to name a figure it needs to do to be considered a success.

by Anonymousreply 225November 22, 2022 12:05 PM

It got several Indie Spirit nominations today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226November 22, 2022 3:10 PM

R226: No acting nomination for TimoTay.

by Anonymousreply 227November 22, 2022 3:15 PM

A who’s who of D-listers!

by Anonymousreply 228November 22, 2022 3:16 PM

Should be called the Woke Spirit Awards.

by Anonymousreply 229November 22, 2022 3:47 PM

A lead actress nom for Taylor and Supporting for Mark Rylance, though.

by Anonymousreply 230November 22, 2022 5:05 PM

Yes, the Taylor chick is being promoted heavily for this movie. Timothee is not.

by Anonymousreply 231November 22, 2022 6:24 PM

Maybe Timmy didn’t want to be held responsible for the film being a bomb.

by Anonymousreply 232November 22, 2022 7:52 PM

The Washington Post called it: "A pulpy grindhouse B-picture tricked out in art house pretensions, counting on the siren call of sex and violence to fleece the rubes." Yikes. Don't be shy. Tell us what you really think. The San Francisco Chronicle called it "conscientiously realized garbage". Ouch.

by Anonymousreply 233November 23, 2022 12:45 AM

Do we think Wonka will flop too?

by Anonymousreply 234November 23, 2022 1:37 AM

They should’ve released this in October and marketed it as a horror movie instead of relying on the festival hype and Timothee’s name.

by Anonymousreply 235November 23, 2022 1:44 AM

R235 there’s a huge disconnect right now between who social media hypes Vs who’s really a star.

The most puzzling thing though, which I wouldn’t have known were I not following this thread, is the wide release. Makes ZERO sense.

by Anonymousreply 236November 23, 2022 1:47 AM

R236 Twitter talks about Timothee like he’s this bonafide movie star when he’s clearly not there yet.

by Anonymousreply 237November 23, 2022 1:49 AM

All you bitter overweight hags are jizzing your panties over Timmy boy behind your insults I see right thru you

by Anonymousreply 238November 23, 2022 1:53 AM

I don’t hate Timothee but if this movie flops I won’t be mad. His fans and his PR machine desperately need to be humbled.

by Anonymousreply 239November 23, 2022 1:57 AM

Why is all the blame going to Timothee Chalamet? Luca Guadagnino deserves most, if not all the blame, if this film flops.

by Anonymousreply 240November 23, 2022 2:06 AM

R240 I believe Chalamet is a producer so they can share the blame.

by Anonymousreply 241November 23, 2022 2:11 AM

R238 He's attractive, but not that level of attractive. He's not even that unusual. And a huge ego is always unappealing. You must be a superfan to have that reaction to him.

by Anonymousreply 242November 23, 2022 2:18 AM

r239 They won't be, they'll blame Taylor Russell, they'll say if Chalamet was the focus it'd have done better, etc

by Anonymousreply 243November 23, 2022 12:50 PM

His ego knows no bounds. Now he’s on Instagram bragging about it being the first movie he’s produced. As if that’s a good enough reason to go out and see it. Bitch please we all know you had nothing to do with the budget or day to day work.

by Anonymousreply 244November 23, 2022 6:50 PM

R244 Or he’s proud of the movie and doesn’t want it to flop lol.

by Anonymousreply 245November 23, 2022 7:17 PM

Smells like rotten turkey 🦃

by Anonymousreply 246November 23, 2022 7:20 PM

r244 Ugh, acting like he actually did anything rather than it just being a vanity title

by Anonymousreply 247November 23, 2022 8:42 PM

United Artists Releasing’s wide expansion previews of Bones and All did $345K as it heads to 2,700 theatres today. Through five days, apart from previews, the Luca Guadagnino directed genre pic has made $146,7K from five theaters in NYC and LA. A single digits five-day take is expected for this flop.

by Anonymousreply 248November 23, 2022 8:56 PM

They’re already making excuses for its poor box office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249November 23, 2022 11:31 PM

I’m starting to think Timothee’s team is paying for these tweets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250November 23, 2022 11:35 PM

As producer. Timmy is to blame. WTF with a cannibal movie during Thanksgiving? Idiot!

by Anonymousreply 251November 23, 2022 11:38 PM

Can the success of Dune really be attributed to him?

by Anonymousreply 252November 23, 2022 11:51 PM

Nope

by Anonymousreply 253November 24, 2022 12:25 AM

That Zoe dame is nothing but a fangirl.

by Anonymousreply 254November 24, 2022 1:33 AM

There's someone on LPSG who posted that people walked out of their screening and a couple fell asleep lol

by Anonymousreply 255November 24, 2022 11:14 AM

r249 What an idiot, funny how she only thinks that now the numbers are coming in. Also, her acting like horror films are niche, as if they aren't one of the most successful genres.

r250 And as for her comment there:

[quote]because he’s one of the rare few who excites the mainstream AND indie crowds equally

What mainstream crowd is that, Zoe? Is she actually daft enough to try and credit him for Dune?

She also replies to someone with:

[quote]Yup - there’s no way a movie like BONES AND ALL gets anywhere *near* this level of attention if it didn’t have him in the lead role.

This level of attention? You mean flop level?

They're so desperate, it's hilarious. I can't wait for the excuses when Wonka flops.

by Anonymousreply 256November 24, 2022 11:50 AM

I'd pay to see Mark Rylance read an energy meter in front of a double-wide trailer home, but, I don't know if this movie is...um, forgive me, to my "taste", so I think I'll skip this course.

What r235 said.

That would have lowered, in a good way, the expectations of this movie, and, with Rylance in the cast, I'd have gone to the theater and forked (get it? a movie about cannibals- "forked") over some money to see it on the big screen.

If that happened, by now, perhaps the discussion would be about how good this horror movie is, and, in the telling of it, achieves deep meaning, however that is defined.

by Anonymousreply 257November 24, 2022 12:14 PM

The tweet the daft fangirl r249 linked to was replying to this tweet from Brent Lang - executive editor of Variety:

[quote]...Timothée Chalamet is supposed to be a star and "Bones" might not top $5 million.

Someone that high up in media journalism posting that is going to scare the shit out of Chalamet and his team. Their carefully constructed facade relies on no-one questioning it.

So Timothee's arrogance is going to bite him in the ass. They could've avoided this by sticking with the 'indie actor who sometimes does big films' story, but no that wasn't good enough for Lil Timmy Tim. He wants to be the next Leo. Beautiful that this will ruin his Thanksgiving.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258November 24, 2022 12:42 PM

At least some people are calling her out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259November 24, 2022 1:06 PM

LOL at the salty fangirl in the replies.

Going to be interesting to see how many of the fangirls are true believers are how many are there just because Chalamet is (was?) the latest fad

by Anonymousreply 260November 24, 2022 2:58 PM

He is a character actor at best. He has an interesting look, but he isn’t attractive. Why is he so popular? Do women think this guy is hot???

by Anonymousreply 261November 24, 2022 3:08 PM

He clearly isn't popular because all his movies are tanking.

by Anonymousreply 262November 24, 2022 3:57 PM

I don't do Twitter, never have never will, but I am heartened to find out that Twitter has a vibrant community of Chalamet haters.

by Anonymousreply 263November 24, 2022 4:13 PM

Most people on Twitter kiss his ass.

by Anonymousreply 264November 24, 2022 4:23 PM

Knives Out 2 is burying such adult fare as The Menu ($1.1M Wednesday, $5M second weekend and $7M 5-day), Bones and All ($921K Wed, $2.4M 3-day and $3.9M 5-day) and Universal’s expansion of Amblin’s The Fabelmans which did $400K at 638 theaters for a forecasted $2.2M 3-day and $3M 5-day.

It’s another Timothee flop.

by Anonymousreply 265November 24, 2022 7:14 PM

The word is his gay hookup scene is underwhelming and there’s not even a Taylor and Timmy sex scene. He can bare his back but can’t be bothered to show his cock. Well anyway it’s the kind of film that will be on digital in two weeks so there’s no point in rushing out to see it in the theater.

by Anonymousreply 266November 25, 2022 1:05 AM

His face looks crooked.

by Anonymousreply 267November 25, 2022 1:06 AM

R265 Knives Out was basically the last big pre pandemic hit so I’m not surprised people are nostalgic for that. Is it as good as the first one though?

by Anonymousreply 268November 25, 2022 1:10 AM

I'm going to guess there are about four people keeping this thread alive.

by Anonymousreply 269November 25, 2022 3:58 AM

It’s very sad for Timothee to have such a failure. They were hoping for a much larger box office.

by Anonymousreply 270November 25, 2022 4:01 AM

[quote]Smells like rotten turkey 🦃

Turkée.

by Anonymousreply 271November 25, 2022 7:23 AM

The Reddit thread has multiple posters saying people walked out of it, and lots of posts saying the ending sucked

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272November 25, 2022 3:43 PM

[quote]The final moments of this movie sent me into an uncontrollable fit of maniacal laughter. As soon as Chalamet said "I want you to eat me" I just absolutely lost it. I couldn't stop, I was crying laughing and then a handful of other people started laughing too and I felt somewhat comforted by that fact, but still very guilty, even though I make no apology for thinking this movie was goofy as all fuck.

[quote]This is one movie where honestly, I totally get it, and fair enough if people enjoyed it, but I can't help but feel a bit like the Emperor has no clothes. The writer and director have absolutely no respect for how fun and deranged a movie about star crossed cannibal lovers could be, and instead just wanted to make a movie about people being "different" and use a shocking taboo to get us to sit up and pay attention. How on earth do you make that boring? Give that premise to someone who actually cares about the horror of it all, not someone who seemingly can't wait to downplay what his movie is actually about in the press.

Complete with a couple of upset fangirls in the replies lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273November 25, 2022 3:46 PM

[quote]Those ticket sales are practically blockbuster results compared to “The Fabelmans” and “Bones and All,” which hardly sold any tickets on Turkey Day. “The Fabelmans” took seventh place with $480,000 from 638 theaters, while “Bones and All” fell slightly behind with roughly $430,000 from 2,727 locations. “The Fabelmans” hopes to end the extended frame with a dismal $3 million. And “Bones and All” looks to finish the five-day stretch with $3.5 million, an even bleaker total since it’s playing in four time as many screens as Spielberg’s latest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274November 25, 2022 5:09 PM

I knew Chalamet was not as popular as the internet wanted us to believe. I finally feel vindicated.

by Anonymousreply 275November 25, 2022 6:03 PM

People are saying this movie was never gonna do well because it’s about cannibalism. If that were the case, why release it in so many theaters? They released it in so many theaters because they obviously wanted it to do well.

by Anonymousreply 276November 25, 2022 6:06 PM

By people do you actually mean fangirls?

by Anonymousreply 277November 25, 2022 6:44 PM

What good are these viral tweets if his movie still flops?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278November 25, 2022 6:51 PM

Another fawning article even though his movie is flopping.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279November 25, 2022 7:25 PM

R279, "Last"? A tad premature, I think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280November 25, 2022 8:14 PM

r279

[quote]Crush-worthy movie stars capable of opening massive films while keeping the young girls squealing used to be so common. But in 2022, Chalamet seems to be the only one standing.

What massive film has he opened? Again, are they really tying to give him credit for Dune? And she actually admits to being a fangirl, how was that piece even allowed to go ahead?

by Anonymousreply 281November 25, 2022 8:41 PM

And while his fangirls try and pretend he's some great intellectual artiste, he actually shows he has basic as fuck taste

[quote]Timothée Chalamet says ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ is his favorite film of the year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282November 25, 2022 8:42 PM

R281 His fans live in an alternate reality in which everything he does is automatically brilliant or perhaps some of the non-stop praise is really coming from his PR team? I wonder if he actually stands to lose money on this, as a producer. If I had money invested in Going Electric or Wonka, I'd be getting nervous.

by Anonymousreply 283November 25, 2022 9:25 PM

No chance he put any money into it.

by Anonymousreply 284November 25, 2022 11:00 PM

It’s possible he could become a box office draw when he’s older like in his 30’s. Leo didn’t become the box office draw he is now until 2010 with Shutter Island and Inception. But I don’t see Timothee ever reaching that level. He’s too niche.

by Anonymousreply 285November 25, 2022 11:16 PM

[quote] Leo didn’t become the box office draw he is now until 2010 with Shutter Island and Inception.

No offense, but are you retarded?

by Anonymousreply 286November 25, 2022 11:58 PM

R286 Titanic was obviously a hit largely because of him, and he had other box office successes like Catch Me If You Can, but he wasn’t a box office draw in the 2000’s. Blood Diamond, Body of Lies, and Revolutionary Road all failed to gross 3x their budgets. It wasn’t until Shutter Island and Inception that his movies started doing very well at the box office.

by Anonymousreply 287November 26, 2022 12:12 AM

How convenient of you to leave out The Departed, The Aviator and Gangs of New York, you dried up tube of cunt paste.

by Anonymousreply 288November 26, 2022 1:01 AM

Gangs of New York and The Aviator both failed to gross 3x their budgets. Only The Departed did.

by Anonymousreply 289November 26, 2022 1:14 AM

R272 The comments are generally positive. That negative review is hilarious though.

by Anonymousreply 290November 26, 2022 1:14 AM

Leonardo DiCaprio is cackling in his dungeon confident in the knowledge that his blubbery expanding waistline will not be usurped.

by Anonymousreply 291November 26, 2022 5:51 AM

Whoever this tweeter is, yay for them:

[quote]yet another blanket statement made as to his stardom without any concrete proof of box office or awards… just bc you’re creating noise on twitter doesn’t mean you’re a movie star 😭 y’all always thrive on vague statements to make a point whenever stats and facts are discussed

Look at the replies and the pathetic arguments the fangirls use to try and prove he is a star. Oscar buzz! "He's pulling more numbers" - erm, what? You're a loser! Haha, they're so upset at this flop

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292November 26, 2022 11:29 AM

R279 imagine how fucked up this generation must be to even consider him a heartthrob. Waiting for Louis Partridge to erase timothees name off the list.

by Anonymousreply 293November 26, 2022 1:15 PM

Grossing three times the budget is some kind of metric now?

Newsflash: almost no movie makes money on theatrical release.

by Anonymousreply 294November 26, 2022 1:42 PM

I'm off to see it today. First showing so I may have the theater to myself.

by Anonymousreply 295November 26, 2022 2:26 PM

If Timothee's favorite movie so far this year has been "TG: M," then why doesn't he pursue such straight-forward non-"metaphorical" action films in his own career? Because he was snarking?

We all know what subliminally drew him to "Bones and All":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296November 26, 2022 3:14 PM

Timmy is more Shia LaBeouf than Leonardo Dicapro

by Anonymousreply 297November 26, 2022 3:14 PM

He could stand to eat a little more boeuf.

by Anonymousreply 298November 26, 2022 3:16 PM

I can see Wonka being a mild hit because it’s a family film. But any talk of Timmy being a box office draw was clearly premature. Dune and Little Women would have been hits if a different actor played the role. He’s still a girl, not yet a woman.

by Anonymousreply 299November 26, 2022 5:22 PM

Well it turns out I was the only person in the theater. The poster asking who was the target audience was barking up the right tree. This is in no way a mainstream movie and certainly should not be in suburban multiplexes.

I can only think that mgm knew this but thought what the heck, let's try to sell it on Chalamet's name. But the business no longer works for indie fare with a bit art house pretentions. This movie may have made some money 20 years ago when movie fans didn't want to wait 6 to 9 months to watch it at home. But of course, there is hardly any waiting to do.

I'm still glad I went to see it. It's not a masterpiece but it has its merits. I found the coming of age/discovery on the road parts engaging enough. As an 80s kid going through a spell of nostalgia, the movie captured 1988 pretty well. The movie was set in poor small town Midwest and it was appropriately more like the early 80s rather than 1988 LA or New York. The cannibal parts are revolting. And they are why I'm not interested in watching it again.

And some of you don't want to read this, but Chalamet is delectable in this, even as a white trash cannibal.

Mark Rylance plays an incel.

by Anonymousreply 300November 27, 2022 1:27 AM

R300 = r295

by Anonymousreply 301November 27, 2022 1:27 AM

How did this film need a $20 million budget?

by Anonymousreply 302November 27, 2022 1:42 AM

[quote]A cannibals’ love story was never meant for a wide audience, but studios need to try to squeeze as many bucks out of these movies as they can, so it’s no surprise that Bones and All isn’t spurring any kind of hunger. The pic went wide fast so that it could monetize its ancillary dollars as quickly as possible. Friday was +92% over Thanksgiving with $835K, and a 3-day at $2.1M and 5 day of $3.4M. The pic was able to achieve out of Venice a social awareness of 116M that ran 13% ahead of drama, horror and romance genre comps, largely spurred by TikTok views at 49.5M and YouTube views at 20.1M per RelishMix. If you’re watching your social media feed, you’ll see Timothée Chalamet and Taylor Russell pumping the movie to their Gen Z demo.

[quote]RelishMix observed Chalamet pushing to his 20.1M social followers, averaging 3.5M clicks per Instagram posts. Russell added 120K new fans on her Instagram in the run up to opening in the last two weeks. B CinemaScore, 72% PostTrak with 56% female leaning, 74% between 18-34 and 53% Caucasian, 19% Latino and Hispanic, 17% Black and 11% Asian/other.

It's almost as if social media doesn't mean a single fucking thing when it comes to the box office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303November 27, 2022 1:45 AM

Or to put it another way - Chalamet is able to get views on social media, but then those same people decide not to go see his film. Some star.

by Anonymousreply 304November 27, 2022 1:46 AM

R302, I asked the same question. It was shot in small rural towns and every thing looked so grubby. The only thing I could think of was the expense of making the 80s look authentic. And transportation of moving to the various towns.

by Anonymousreply 305November 27, 2022 1:54 AM

Last I saw chalamet had about 18m followers. If most of them had seen the movie, the box office would be break 9 digits. Obviously social media following doesn't go much more than liking a post.

by Anonymousreply 306November 27, 2022 1:57 AM

Instagram followers doesn’t mean much. Jacob Elordi has 12.9 million followers in comparison to Timothee’s 18.1 million, and he’s still lesser known than Timothee is.

by Anonymousreply 307November 27, 2022 2:18 AM

I don't understand the point made by the deadline article where it highlighted the social metrics for bones and all. Are the metrics impressive? Do they result in any monetization for the movie, studio, the account owners? We know those millions of clicks didn't result in box office dollars. It's a genuine question, I don't think I got deadlines' point?

by Anonymousreply 308November 27, 2022 2:23 AM

R300 Is it similar to Badlands?

by Anonymousreply 309November 27, 2022 2:31 AM

Never watched badlands. I know I should.

by Anonymousreply 310November 27, 2022 3:02 AM

Deadline is trying to say the “socials” were strong but clearly they didn’t translate to box office. I think Zendaya has the same issue. An internet “star” but can’t open a movie on her own.

by Anonymousreply 311November 27, 2022 4:58 AM

Yeah. I'd say this is the start of a series of stories questioning whether socials actually mean a damn thing, which will ultimately kill off this "Timmy is a movie star" bullshit. But given they'll be fought all the way by every publicist in Hollywood, it'll take a while

by Anonymousreply 312November 27, 2022 12:00 PM

The audience score keeps dropping. It's now 60% on RT. Many people were disgusted or bored, a unique combination of reactions for a movie. I wonder if he could actually lose fans from this. Some images are hard to forget.

by Anonymousreply 313November 27, 2022 2:29 PM

The studio made a mistake putting this into 2000 theaters, I guess they thought they could trick people into it being a straightforward horror movie or YA movie but it's not either of those things, it's somewhere in between. I think it's a wonderful film and it will outlast this box office nonsense.

The clinging to the opinions of mentally-deficient mainstream audiences in here just to take some actor down a notch is quite something though! DL do you

by Anonymousreply 314November 27, 2022 2:33 PM

I remember Dicaprio's 2 movies after Titanic were critical and commercial failures. And they were more commercial fare. And there was the feeling he was going to fall back to being just another lead actor. Actors go through ups and downs, not everything is box office gold. The only way to avoid the waves is to always do safe boring movies. At least chalamet is taking chances. He has the rest of his life to make middle of the road commercial fare.

by Anonymousreply 315November 27, 2022 2:47 PM

A movie about cannibalism is a “wonderful film”? I’m glad you found your tribe.

by Anonymousreply 316November 27, 2022 2:50 PM

r316 there is this thing called "fiction" - it's full of these things called "metaphors" - it's really incredible!

But I don't want to keep you from waiting for Santa Claus to show up

by Anonymousreply 317November 27, 2022 3:11 PM

R316 is a moron

by Anonymousreply 318November 27, 2022 4:25 PM

I loved Call Me by Your Name and I’m sure I’ll like this movie. I’m just tired of the internet and the media insisting Timothee is a bonafide movie star when he’s not there yet.

by Anonymousreply 319November 27, 2022 4:58 PM

R315 The Man in the Iron Mask did well at the box office.

by Anonymousreply 320November 27, 2022 5:00 PM

He uses his public Instagram account primarily to promote his projects and he doesn't follow anybody on that account. His PR management handles his Instagram and I think it's possible that his 18 million followers is not all that legitimate.

by Anonymousreply 321November 27, 2022 5:51 PM

[quote]I wonder if he could actually lose fans from this.

Indirectly, yes. A large number of his fans are just there because he's the latest thing, or so they've been told. This doing poorly could expose that for the bullshit it is, and those fad fans will disappear.

by Anonymousreply 322November 27, 2022 7:51 PM

Booooo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323November 27, 2022 7:55 PM

R317, I taught metaphors for a living, one might say. What, pray, is this film's central metaphor?

Is this movie supposed to be---wait for it---biting satire a la "A Modest Proposal"? Who or what, then, is being targeted?

Or is the cannibalism to be taken literally, the way Armie meant it?

Will Timothee next star in the biopic of Michael Rockefeller?

by Anonymousreply 324November 27, 2022 11:03 PM

The Wonka producers must be shitting their pants right about now.

by Anonymousreply 325November 28, 2022 1:00 AM

His PR will use every excuse to try to rationalize the mediocre box office numbers. Inflation, covid lingering in the background, poor weekend for all movies, he's borderline supporting in the movie, etc. None of that matters. If he really is the actor of his generation with 18 million Instagram followers, then this should've been a slam dunk for him. Yes everybody has bombs and not everything is box office gold but he's had enough time, experience, and fawning profiles under his belt. I don't feel too bad for him. In addition to being completely mediocre, he's an annoying attention whore with a massive ego. To be fair, I don't want to just pick on him. I think all the other "stars" of his generation: Zendaya, Austin Butler, Florence Pugh are all equally overrated and overhyped. After pretty much non stop fawning profiles since September, the movie came in at 7th place with $3.7 million. Whoever said Chalamet and his PR's claim that people are drawn to his looks and talent and that he can put butts on seats depends on nobody questioning it hit the nail on the head. After a week in theaters, the public beyond teenage girls and Gen Z entertainment journalists said no I will not like or support this guy just because you tell me to all the time. Bye bye Timothee Chalamet.

by Anonymousreply 326November 28, 2022 1:43 AM

The fangirls and the media can say it's really Taylor's movie but who are they kidding? His name alone was the main selling point. No other big stars and no built in franchise.

by Anonymousreply 327November 28, 2022 2:32 AM

It’s interesting the press won’t even say it’s a bomb. They keep saying that it “stumbled” in its opening.

by Anonymousreply 328November 28, 2022 2:49 AM

People are saying it was never do well because of the subject matter. It wasn’t even advertised as a gory cannibal movie.

by Anonymousreply 329November 28, 2022 2:59 AM

R328 Yeah, I know she’s hated on here but the press was so quick to turn on JLaw and question her movie star status when her movies disappointed at the box office. Why is Timothee given a pass?

by Anonymousreply 330November 28, 2022 3:00 AM

Timmy will never be Dicaprio ever, in fact no one in this current generation has an equivalent or any real movie stars at all. The fangurls like R315 need to give it up.

by Anonymousreply 331November 28, 2022 3:32 AM

R317= Barbara Thorndike

by Anonymousreply 332November 28, 2022 3:36 AM

[quote] If he really is the actor of his generation with 18 million Instagram followers, then this should've been a slam dunk for him.[/quote] This is ridiculous. It's just one movie. He's only an actor. Is all this really that important?

by Anonymousreply 333November 28, 2022 3:39 AM

R333 The media seems to think he’s that important.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334November 28, 2022 4:08 AM

I won’t write him off completely if Wonka does well. But we’ll see how that goes.

by Anonymousreply 335November 28, 2022 4:10 AM

Not that I feel too sorry for him but I wonder how he’s feeling right now?

by Anonymousreply 336November 28, 2022 12:59 PM

You expressed what annoys me about him perfectly, R326. How does he deserve the cover of Time under the heading of "The leaders of the next generation"? He's a so-so actor. He promotes himself and markets products and clothing for the fashion industry. Does Time think people are that stupid? Does his PR team? It may be time for them to reassess their strategy. It's not working.

by Anonymousreply 337November 28, 2022 2:08 PM

People didn’t want to see a prepubescent looking thing go on a rampage and kill and eat people? I’m shocked.

by Anonymousreply 338November 28, 2022 2:33 PM

Any comment to make, r177? Maybe you're the one who should have been biting your tongue

by Anonymousreply 339November 28, 2022 2:52 PM

He's probably on an angry conference call with his team right now.

by Anonymousreply 340November 28, 2022 3:57 PM

R339 I was joking.

by Anonymousreply 341November 28, 2022 5:31 PM

Sure you were

by Anonymousreply 342November 28, 2022 5:47 PM

Since when has big box office been an indication of talent. Wouldn’t that make The Rock the most talented actor in Hollywood!?

by Anonymousreply 343November 28, 2022 8:53 PM

His people are the one calling him a movie star, not us

by Anonymousreply 344November 28, 2022 9:03 PM

I'm not saying box office numbers is an indication of talent. I know what his talent level is: mumbling mouse. I'm just saying after months of the media saying his name alone can open a movie he didn't seem to get many butts in theater seats.

by Anonymousreply 345November 28, 2022 9:03 PM

I’d love to know what the percentage is of people in this thread is thatve actually bothered to see the movie that the thread is nominally supposed to be about. My guess is like five percent? It mostly seems to be an excuse for like five people who’re more obsessed with Chalamet than any of his most ardent fans to never stop thinking about how much they sure don’t like him, nope not at all, which is why they just cannot stop talking about him and thinking about him and posting about him forever and ever and ever and ever

by Anonymousreply 346November 29, 2022 3:03 AM

I was off today so I decided to see it. Taylor was pretty mediocre and the film was pretty boring. You definitely don’t need to rush to the theater. Wait for it to stream. As for Timmy, I mean whose cock is he sucking? How does he get roles? You can’t understand what he’s saying half the time because he mumbles and he has zero chemistry with every actor except himself. Does he get work just because he promotes products and clothes for the fashion industry?

by Anonymousreply 347November 29, 2022 3:08 AM

I think it's possible it could still recover its total cost of $40 million. However, there would need to be good word of mouth going into digital release. I agree right now it's not a stumbling it's a box office failure.

by Anonymousreply 348November 29, 2022 3:45 AM

r346 is also the idiot who defended self-loather Luca as being a victim of gay men not supporting their own

by Anonymousreply 349November 29, 2022 2:34 PM

It didn’t even do that well in its limited release in New York and LA. You would think he’d have a lot of appeal in those cities.

by Anonymousreply 350November 29, 2022 2:41 PM

Casting Taylor Russell was not a good idea, they needed someone with oomph.

by Anonymousreply 351November 29, 2022 2:44 PM

Crickets from Taylor and Timmy on social media...

by Anonymousreply 352November 29, 2022 3:58 PM

Can I add that this movie also suffers from the current trend of casting light-skinned black actresses and having them speak extremely white. This particular role with the character being raised by a single working class black father in Virginia, it was absurd.

by Anonymousreply 353November 29, 2022 4:00 PM

r352 Really is funny how people talk about how many followers he has on social media, like that's meant to help the box office. And then on top of that, he posted, what, four or five times about it?

by Anonymousreply 354November 29, 2022 4:27 PM

R353 Black people can and do speak any way they want to, a whole range of dialects and accents. There is no such thing as "speaking white". That phrase is offensive.

by Anonymousreply 355November 29, 2022 4:34 PM

She was pretty lackluster. You could tell he hated acting with her.

by Anonymousreply 356November 29, 2022 4:36 PM

Ha, acting alongside someone who is worse than you is a dream come true for a narcissist like Chalamet

by Anonymousreply 357November 29, 2022 4:37 PM

Sorry R355 AAVE is a very real thing and you are racist for not acknowledging it

by Anonymousreply 358November 29, 2022 4:48 PM

Congratulations, you've made this the most boring active thread on my timeline right now. Clicking ignore, signing off. Have fun bitches.

by Anonymousreply 359November 29, 2022 4:55 PM

If you want to make a point about racism, talk about how they only cast biracial women in these roles, never black women.

by Anonymousreply 360November 29, 2022 4:55 PM

r358 Dear god, did you actually just suggest black people can only speak in AAVE? And you're accusing someone else of being racist?

by Anonymousreply 361November 29, 2022 5:21 PM

Timmy is box office poison.

by Anonymousreply 362November 29, 2022 5:25 PM

This disconnect between high social media following and low box office totals is really interesting. Is it just me or do you think some of his followers and likes are bought and fake? I mean he has close to 20M followers and some posts get up to 4M likes but a film in which his name alone was the primary selling point comes in at a distant 8th place and makes $3.6 million worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 363November 29, 2022 9:13 PM

Hard to say if they're bought followers, or if it's just the majority of his fans only like him as a personality (in the thinnest sense of the word) rather than actually as an actor.

by Anonymousreply 364November 29, 2022 10:17 PM

Many people seem to only like him for superficial reasons. What good are viral tweets like these if his movie still flops?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365November 29, 2022 10:25 PM

Remember in the GQ interview he threatened to go into music. That may be hastened once the movie star facade shatters

by Anonymousreply 366November 29, 2022 10:26 PM

Apart from horror movies, I don’t know if social media necessarily translates to going to a theater and spending $25.

by Anonymousreply 367November 29, 2022 10:32 PM

Streaming December 13th.

by Anonymousreply 368November 29, 2022 11:00 PM

They didn't do their research on this. Haha revenge is a dish best served cold.

by Anonymousreply 369November 29, 2022 11:42 PM

At least he’s the latest movie star bullshit has been exposed for the fraud that it is and the media, fangirls, and his PR have been embarrassed thoroughly.

by Anonymousreply 370November 30, 2022 2:50 PM

R346, He's the subject of this thread.

by Anonymousreply 371November 30, 2022 3:05 PM

R366, TC fancies himself a Rapper, no?

by Anonymousreply 372November 30, 2022 3:06 PM

r372 Yes, bragging about his TV appearances getting him blow jobs. So much for the sensitive soft boy image his fangirls want to project on him

by Anonymousreply 373November 30, 2022 3:35 PM

He's got something... but no to the movie. It should have been some sappy romance where he play nerd and dies romantically at the end after whispering sweet nothings to his partner. That's what the audience wants to see. Not red hair and meat crap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374November 30, 2022 6:14 PM

Hated it. No moral compass. A Natural Born Killers - my least favourite Oliver Stone film - of this era.

by Anonymousreply 375December 1, 2022 10:13 AM

R159: Too soon.

by Anonymousreply 376December 1, 2022 5:00 PM

He’s on Instagram again posting pics from Dune 2. No mention of Bones flopping.

by Anonymousreply 377December 1, 2022 9:50 PM

Obviously the internet isn’t the real world. Even if every single one of those fan girls bought two tickets, the movie wouldn’t break even. Social media has a way of overestimating its representation of the real world.

by Anonymousreply 378December 1, 2022 10:11 PM

So far, done just over $2 million internationally lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379December 1, 2022 10:17 PM

One of the comments in the most recent Daily Mail article on him mentioned he's horrible to service people said he even threw water in a waiter's face at one time! OMG. It seems like the stories about him being an asshole in real life became more frequent and damning this year.

by Anonymousreply 380December 2, 2022 4:20 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381December 2, 2022 4:24 AM

R381: I'm not a troll. I'm just pointing out that you can find that reference about the waiter in the comments section of this article.

by Anonymousreply 382December 2, 2022 4:25 AM

Say what you want about him but Timothee is charming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383December 2, 2022 5:04 AM

r380 That's a story from CDAN and so almost certainly bullshit

by Anonymousreply 384December 2, 2022 12:09 PM

If it's on the internet, it must be true!

by Anonymousreply 385December 2, 2022 1:18 PM

I believe the stories of him bullying and insulting women before he was famous, but this water in the face story sounds made up.

by Anonymousreply 386December 2, 2022 1:20 PM

R351, And yet she is being highly promoted as a major talent.

by Anonymousreply 387December 2, 2022 3:21 PM

R314, The "mentally deficient" movie-goers are those who don't care about Chalamet or the unknown Taylor, and/or don't relish the prospect of viewing any revolting scenes of cannibalism....oh, excuse me, scenes of a "metaphor"?

All righty, then. I bow to your mental sufficiency.

by Anonymousreply 388December 2, 2022 3:40 PM

R387: Major talent she is not. She was fucking terrible. Zero chemistry and you could tell he hated acting with her.

by Anonymousreply 389December 2, 2022 3:41 PM

This isn't a spoiler and it has nothing to do with plot but there's a scene where she meets her mother. She is just a plank of wood in that scene.

by Anonymousreply 390December 2, 2022 3:43 PM

This movie sounds kind of stupid

by Anonymousreply 391December 2, 2022 3:56 PM

R294, The operative word's being "almost."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392December 2, 2022 3:57 PM

He has cold and callous eyes. I would feel angry and uneasy around him.

by Anonymousreply 393December 4, 2022 6:04 AM

This movie came and went. Nobody is talking about it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 394December 7, 2022 9:08 PM

$10.8 million so far. Utter flop. Hilariously people were predicting it'd do most of its business overseas - nope, international only accounts for 40%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395December 7, 2022 9:32 PM

I’ll watch it when it’s free on streaming. I don’t want to see that unwashed guy and some unknown woman.

by Anonymousreply 396December 7, 2022 11:26 PM

His first film as a “producer.”

by Anonymousreply 397December 8, 2022 5:25 AM

He really does have the best PR. The Hollywood rags kept saying he could open up big and small movies. This film is a total flop and there’ve been hardly any articles critical of the poor box office. Almost as if the film never even existed. Furthermore his box office or star power is not being called into question.

by Anonymousreply 398December 9, 2022 11:26 AM

The script must be mediocre if he's stripping to hype it up and it's not even out yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399December 12, 2022 5:56 PM

Trying desperately to move the talk on to Dune 2 and away from the flop of Bones and All. Funny how he didn't do anything like this to mark the end of Wonka shooting

by Anonymousreply 400December 12, 2022 8:14 PM

R400: His ego probably got hurt a little bit from the Golden Globes snub. Granted he never had a great chance there but the HFPA nominates just about every major star and for months leading up to Bones & All the Hollywood robots kept saying he was the star of this generation.

by Anonymousreply 401December 12, 2022 8:26 PM

The dad is way more attractive than the son.

by Anonymousreply 402December 12, 2022 8:42 PM

Well, maybe Timothee doesn't regard "Dune: 2" as a metaphor, r400, although as science fiction it might well be!

by Anonymousreply 403December 13, 2022 1:18 AM

The trailer for this is shit.

by Anonymousreply 404December 13, 2022 1:25 AM

Laura Ingraham just eviscerated B&A in her "Depravity Mainstreamed" angle.

by Anonymousreply 405December 13, 2022 2:05 AM

Did she enjoy seeing Timmy on the big screen though?

by Anonymousreply 406December 13, 2022 4:28 AM

R405 Laura Ingraham? So what?

by Anonymousreply 407December 14, 2022 12:25 AM

This movie really disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 408December 14, 2022 7:03 AM

I saw it last night on discount Tuesday at my local Regal (only one show per day, at 9:10pm) and it was ridiculous. I’m not sure if it was satire or a black comedy or just an uneasy combination of soaring love themes and grisly cannibalism, and I scoffed through most of it. But I can’t say that it was boring.

by Anonymousreply 409December 14, 2022 1:09 PM

Me and my baby are watching this and Bowen Yang's "Fire Island" back to back on our movie night.

by Anonymousreply 410December 14, 2022 1:15 PM

It’s available now for rental on Amazon. So glad I didn’t rush out to the theater to see this. He and the black chick have zero chemistry. His hookup with the gay carnival worker was ten times more believable than anything with the female lead. Having said that, his handjob scene was let’s just say underwhelming and there’s not even a butt shot.

by Anonymousreply 411December 14, 2022 1:32 PM

R408: I noticed that as well. Box office bombs like The Fablemans, Till, and She Said are still being discussed but there have been hardly any articles critical of Bones’ box office totals or TimoTay’s supposed star power. Perhaps his PR is really good at covering up the truth. Now they definitely want to move on to the studio sequel Dune 2.

by Anonymousreply 412December 14, 2022 1:44 PM

Why do they keep placing Timothay in gay themed movies?

by Anonymousreply 413December 14, 2022 2:29 PM

Cause he’s gay, Rose

by Anonymousreply 414December 14, 2022 3:23 PM

R412 Those movies were expected to do well since they are the "prestige" films headed for possible Oscar nominations. Bones and All is something right out of left field; a movie that wasn't expected to gain a wide audience, but a niche one. I doubt anyone thought it would get nominations, except for maybe cinematography or script adaptation.

What I can't believe is that Bones and All is doing better than movies like Tar and She Said. I don't think his PR has to do anything because Bones and All, a movie about cannibals, is doing better than movies it wasn't meant to compete with. It's dire out there for movies in general.

by Anonymousreply 415December 14, 2022 4:07 PM

R415: No my point was Bones and All is an utter flop and the media and fangirls alike keep saying he is the star of this moment and of this generation. If so, then this should’ve been a slam dunk for him.

by Anonymousreply 416December 14, 2022 4:20 PM

Saw it at an awards screening last week. There were about 14 people in attendance. I loved it, though. Beautifully directed.

by Anonymousreply 417December 14, 2022 4:29 PM

Cannot stand this ratfaced fuck. He had just one good performance and the rest is media hype.

by Anonymousreply 418December 14, 2022 4:53 PM

Papa Chalamet was hot back in the day! How in the hell did he produce such rat looking children?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419December 14, 2022 8:01 PM

Linky stinky, r419.

by Anonymousreply 420December 15, 2022 12:22 AM

Well then just look at it in the thread for crying out loud

by Anonymousreply 421December 15, 2022 12:24 AM

Guadagnino usually loves nudity in film. I'm shocked he didn't make the two leads bare it all.

by Anonymousreply 422December 15, 2022 3:32 AM

The last shot, R422

by Anonymousreply 423December 15, 2022 4:30 PM

R423: That's from the side and you don't see anything.

by Anonymousreply 424December 15, 2022 4:33 PM

It made Variety's list of the worst films of 2022

[quote]What if they made a cannibal youthquake fantasy and nobody cared? This YA-road-movie-meets-fashion-show, starring Timothée Chalamet and Taylor Russell as flesh-eaters who aren’t zombies (seriously, they’re nice! and sexy! and dull!), came out of the Venice Film Festival like a house of “Twilight” hype on fire. It landed with a thud, because audiences discovered that for two hours and 10 minutes almost nothing actually happens. We have more than enough time to gawk at the oversize holes in Chalamet’s jeans, which reveal a set of bones nearly as bare as the script.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425December 21, 2022 9:36 AM

R425: Even Variety, which used to be one of his PR's most ardent supporters, is now turning on him.

by Anonymousreply 426December 21, 2022 10:54 AM

And the next day variety named it the best horror movie of the year. So there you go.

Hollywood reporter included it in its best of the year and so did the guardian (#15 of top 50). And most relevant, John waters has it in his top 10.

Swings and roundabouts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427December 21, 2022 11:21 AM

Of course it’s the individual critical who ranks it, not the editorial board of variety

by Anonymousreply 428December 21, 2022 2:57 PM

Yeah, well, the worst ranking is also from one critic, owen gliebermen and not the editorial board of variety. He also wrote the bad review cited in the op post.

by Anonymousreply 429December 21, 2022 3:49 PM

There’s not much plot to the story and the second hour in particular really drags on.

by Anonymousreply 430December 22, 2022 6:47 PM

I want to watch this but it costs $20 to rent. Ugh..

by Anonymousreply 431December 23, 2022 12:41 AM

I saw in the movies on a discount Tuesday for seven dollars

by Anonymousreply 432December 23, 2022 4:02 AM

I actually liked Timothee in this. It’s the first time I get his appeal as an actor.

by Anonymousreply 433February 1, 2023 4:44 AM

R431, Now $5.99 to rent, Amazon Prime.

by Anonymousreply 434February 1, 2023 7:53 AM

7/10. I was expecting more considering the hype.

by Anonymousreply 435February 1, 2023 6:58 PM

R122 They look quite alike in "The Search". Similar build. Clift was about 27 at the time the movie was in production.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436February 2, 2023 2:41 AM

^^^ R122 The 10th and 13th picture in the IMDB page show what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 437February 2, 2023 2:42 AM

R437, If in Photo #13 Clift resembles any current younger actor on today's scene, it is not Timothee Chalamet; that slim tall frame and upswept kempt hair go with Austin Butler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438February 3, 2023 11:34 PM

This movie really came and went.

by Anonymousreply 439March 2, 2023 7:54 PM

R439: I know right. His PR really is the best. They quickly buried the bomb and silenced any criticism or scrutiny. Remember they said he was the movie star of his generation.

by Anonymousreply 440March 2, 2023 8:05 PM

R440 After watching the movie I get why it didn’t set the box office on fire, but when you consider how much promotion was behind this movie and Timothee, you’d think it would’ve done a little better.

by Anonymousreply 441March 2, 2023 8:48 PM

I don’t even think the problem was the goriness, it’s the fact the movie felt aimless and boring despite its subject matter.

by Anonymousreply 442March 2, 2023 8:49 PM

Great film, thoughtful, horrifying, incredibly well made (editing, photography, etc.) and the acting is sublime, top to bottom. Chalamet is as compelling as ever, what a star.

by Anonymousreply 443March 2, 2023 11:17 PM

R443 is Chalamet.

by Anonymousreply 444March 3, 2023 12:15 PM

He was a no show at the Independent Spirit Awards and we all know he’s got nothing going on. Since he was a “producer,” he was nominated in the Best Feature category.

by Anonymousreply 445March 5, 2023 12:45 AM

Perhaps box office poison Chalamet didn’t want to be further associated with that stinker.

by Anonymousreply 446March 5, 2023 3:29 AM

Something tells me Timmy won't be working with Luca again.

by Anonymousreply 447March 5, 2023 5:42 AM

A room full of celebrities and cameras and a chance to outwoke Paul Mescal with a gender-bending outfit and he says no. Perhaps he was too scared to face the cannibal jokes at the Spirit Awards.

by Anonymousreply 448March 7, 2023 1:28 PM

And if he had shown up, you would have called him publicity whore.

In any case, I think it's a good idea for him to lay low for the 1st half of 2023. He's got Wonka and dune in the 4th quarter and the pr machine will start months before their release dates. Take 6 months off and disappear. Less is more.

by Anonymousreply 449March 7, 2023 1:42 PM

Ratboy’s days are numbered. The Wonka film is going to flop.

by Anonymousreply 450March 7, 2023 1:44 PM

Ratboy will live in your ugly head until the day that you die Matt

by Anonymousreply 451March 7, 2023 2:39 PM

It may seem obsessive and bitter but I think people are just tired of Timothee’s fans and PR insisting he’s the movie star and best actor of his generation when there really isn’t much evidence for that.

by Anonymousreply 452March 8, 2023 1:42 AM

And I liked Timothee in Bones and All for what it’s worth.

by Anonymousreply 453March 8, 2023 1:42 AM

R449

It makes sense.

And the both of Dune2 and Willy Wonka will be a success.

by Anonymousreply 454March 8, 2023 3:58 AM

R454: No it won’t.

by Anonymousreply 455March 8, 2023 11:55 AM

R455 yes it will

by Anonymousreply 456March 8, 2023 3:24 PM

R456: No it won't.

by Anonymousreply 457March 8, 2023 6:06 PM

Horror films did well in 2022 - Nope, Smile, Barbarian to name a few examples. The truth of the matter is little Timmy is box office poison.

by Anonymousreply 458March 29, 2023 2:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!