Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Amazing Race AXES Non-Elimination Legs

Meaning once you come in last place, you are out

by Anonymousreply 154December 9, 2022 8:13 PM

Meet the cast, starts tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 21, 2022 7:45 PM

You cannot convince me that the guy Lumumba is straight. He's the dude with the giant wife.

by Anonymousreply 2September 22, 2022 2:52 AM

OH, NO! The gay team is the first casualty!

by Anonymousreply 3September 22, 2022 6:04 AM

I guess they want to have fewer episodes.

by Anonymousreply 4September 22, 2022 6:39 AM

This no non-elimination legs rule must be in response to the last partial abortion series when certain teams were saved SO MANY TIMES. It was the worst.

I miss when they had a certain amount of money for each leg and when they made their own reservations on varying routes. Now it's just show up for a seat on vehicles leaving at these three times. This changed way before covid and took a lot of the fun out of it.

by Anonymousreply 5September 22, 2022 12:08 PM

“Find an American with a cellphone” isn’t the most exciting strategy.

by Anonymousreply 6September 22, 2022 2:59 PM

I foresee the female in the motivational speaking couple have a massive meltdown sooner than later. She was frantic and high-strung from the word GO and never seemed to level off. She can't keep up that level of intensity without snapping. I'm going to feel bad for her partner when she loses it and he has to deal with her crap.

by Anonymousreply 7September 22, 2022 5:36 PM

The former NFL coach is so my type. He has the most beautiful teeth I’ve ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 8September 23, 2022 2:03 AM

Those are the fakest veneers that I've seen in a while - he went too white and a bit big. They're almost horse-like.

by Anonymousreply 9September 23, 2022 2:58 AM

Those teeth are startling, and not in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 10September 23, 2022 4:55 AM

Agreed, little homosexual boy/r8

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 23, 2022 8:06 AM

I thought the cast was mostly good overall, but PLEASE stop putting Survivor/Big Brother contestants on the show. At least Derek X and Claire are pretty likable, but enough!

No celebrities either. Rex has the potential to be highly obnoxious; I pray he has mellowed some with age.

Normal people who love the show/love to travel are the best.

by Anonymousreply 12September 25, 2022 7:31 PM

r7, I can tell she’s going to be a pain in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 13September 25, 2022 7:36 PM

The married firefighter is HHHHOT!

by Anonymousreply 14September 25, 2022 7:38 PM

Ha ha ha! The irritating lezzys eliminated first. Ha ha ha!!! Well deserved.

by Anonymousreply 15September 25, 2022 10:13 PM

Next — the high-strung motivational speaker

by Anonymousreply 16September 26, 2022 2:53 AM

There’s no gay male couple this season? Shame.

by Anonymousreply 17September 26, 2022 5:32 AM

One episode in and I already can't stand the motivational speakers. I agree with the posters above who predict their time on the show will be short-lived.

by Anonymousreply 18September 26, 2022 2:50 PM

Least interesting group of racers they've ever had on the show, zero eye candy and no gay male couples. I think I'm going to skip this season.

by Anonymousreply 19September 26, 2022 3:27 PM

r19, I think the firefighter husband is hot but yeah, he’s married to a woman

by Anonymousreply 20September 26, 2022 6:20 PM

The show's budget clearly shrunk drastically to stay on-air and NELs are easy cuts.

I'll watch because I always do but I'm also disappointed we have no gay male couple this season. Or even a good-looking male pairing who are (nominally) straight like Ryan and Dusty.

by Anonymousreply 21September 27, 2022 10:55 AM

So the motivational speakers showed up without one of the hats, and she told Phil that it fell off while she was running and she doesn't know where it is. Phil tells her she needs to go find it, and as they are walking away she says it is in the car and they go and find it in the car. Lie much.

by Anonymousreply 22September 29, 2022 3:02 AM

This show is still on the air?

by Anonymousreply 23September 29, 2022 3:07 AM

Used to be my favorite show. But now there are NO races. No running thru airports. This show was killed by Covid. I think they changed it because it is cheaper. CBS is just slop now.

by Anonymousreply 24September 29, 2022 3:10 AM

If I cared, I'd be devastated.

Are there any gays in this season?

by Anonymousreply 25September 29, 2022 3:15 AM

I expected to hate Rex Ryan but he is a lot more likeable than many of the younger players (looking at you team motivational speakers)

by Anonymousreply 26September 29, 2022 6:39 AM

R24. Airports went away around Season 14. It's been a slow decline in the show since then. COVID just finished it off.

In my view, the last somewhat good one was the one with that green fanboy.

by Anonymousreply 27September 29, 2022 9:52 AM

I wasn't sad to see Rex and his enormous chompers go. Every time he smiled, it reminded me of the episode of "Friends" where Ross bleaches his teeth.

If only it could have been a double-elimination leg that also took out the motivational speakers. Has the male half of that team spoken a single word yet this season?

by Anonymousreply 28September 30, 2022 11:39 AM

[quote]They will be one of 12 teams competing, a cast that also includes long-lost twins

If they couldn't find each other, how will they find Phil?

by Anonymousreply 29September 30, 2022 12:38 PM

LOL@r29!

by Anonymousreply 30September 30, 2022 1:27 PM

Those choppers were something!

by Anonymousreply 31September 30, 2022 11:03 PM

They don’t have to go nuts, just don’t save people every week.

by Anonymousreply 32September 30, 2022 11:18 PM

Didn't the clue state to wear the traditional clothing for the entire leg of the race? If so, why wasn't the motivational speakers penalized instead of just being told "go find your hat" since they didn't follow the instructions of the clue?

by Anonymousreply 33October 1, 2022 3:07 AM

Those two “motivational speakers” are wildly insufferable phonies. I hate them. And I was kind of sorry to see Rex Ryan, his enormous fake white clackers, and his little buddy go….I enjoyed watching them amble good-naturedly through the roadblocks. But you could tell they weren’t going to last that long.

by Anonymousreply 34October 1, 2022 4:49 AM

The cast is very meh. Not only not attractive but not interesting. The fat coach was fun but couldn’t last long. There is now one white male left on the show. I’m ok with diversity bit this seems like overkill. the couples are boring as hell. Rooting for the military bros and the BB team. That’s it.

by Anonymousreply 35October 1, 2022 5:04 AM

Nice to see Phil's big cock featured this week in those tan pants

by Anonymousreply 36October 1, 2022 7:26 PM

The firefighter is hot. So is the white guy with the man-bun.

by Anonymousreply 37October 3, 2022 2:40 AM

I love the radiant Amazon and her pocket-husband!

by Anonymousreply 38October 3, 2022 3:52 AM

Wikipedia has not updated yet, what happened yesterday

by Anonymousreply 39October 7, 2022 4:43 AM

To Be Continued…

by Anonymousreply 40October 7, 2022 5:11 AM

The female half of the motivational-speakers team is so OTT that she's starting to seem like an actor playing a character. Meditating during the Ducati challenge? Clasping hands with Derek to will Claire towards success? *eyeroll*

And her running commentary when trying to keep her partner calm/focused is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 41October 8, 2022 2:37 PM

The motivational speaker is a whacko.

by Anonymousreply 42October 8, 2022 2:39 PM

Are they normal people again, or is it still a bunch of millionaires and eCelebs?

by Anonymousreply 43October 8, 2022 2:54 PM

The motivational speaker is my least favorite racer this season. She’s so annoying.

by Anonymousreply 44October 8, 2022 6:34 PM

The motivational speaker would motivate me to drive the car off a cliff.

by Anonymousreply 45October 12, 2022 2:05 PM

The motivational speaker just says she is giving up and can't do it. I wouldn't hire that bitch as a motivational speaker if she was doing it for free.

by Anonymousreply 46October 13, 2022 2:26 AM

I wanted to give the female motivational speaker a vicious face slapping for her whining, bitching and "I give up" attitude. She needs to quit being a speaker and find a new career. And hubby needs to dump her condescending ass.

by Anonymousreply 47October 13, 2022 2:29 AM

I’m hardly even looking forward to the eye candy beef cake challenge because all the hottest studs have been Philiminated.

by Anonymousreply 48October 13, 2022 2:53 AM

That bitch daughter from the father/daughter team was almost as bad as the motivational speaker chick tonight, which is saying something. "My arms hurt. My arms hurt." Jesus. They haven't even done a really hard challenge yet. That complaining bitch is taking the spot of someone who really wanted to participate. I hope she is ashamed watching the show now.

by Anonymousreply 49October 13, 2022 3:08 AM

Totally, r49. A spoiled daddy's girl who has pulled this shit her whole life, I'm sure.

I don't know what r48 is talking about. If the hot guy who did the "2X the challenges" bit is shirtless, I am all there next week.

by Anonymousreply 50October 13, 2022 12:27 PM

If spoiled daddy's girl had dropped out it would have saved the motivational speaker, so at least I can appreciate her for that.

by Anonymousreply 51October 13, 2022 3:38 PM

Is anyone watching?

by Anonymousreply 52October 13, 2022 11:45 PM

So happy Miss Motivation is gone. I've liked the daughter till now. Hopefully she'll snap out of it, but she can go next as far as I'm concerned. (though I can't stand Luis.)

by Anonymousreply 53October 14, 2022 12:37 AM

I’m watching the most recent episode now. The “motivational” lady really ANNOYS ME!

Luis is HOT! Him and his wife Michelle are a beautiful couple.

by Anonymousreply 54October 14, 2022 5:51 AM

Who in the hell gave this woman a job as a motivational speaker. I get the feeling she probably won’t have a job after her employers see this.

by Anonymousreply 55October 14, 2022 6:51 AM

I love the dad. Too bad he has such a BRATTY daughter!

by Anonymousreply 56October 14, 2022 6:58 AM

[quote]That bitch daughter from the father/daughter team was almost as bad as the motivational speaker chick

I think she (Sharik) was actually much WORSE than the motivational speaker (Dom).

At least Dom is entertaining, but Sharik's petulant, über-negative, defeated behavior -- especially in light of her father's encouragement and optimism -- was infuriating. How many times did she drag her feet around that last challenge saying, "I just want to go home"??? And she even did it right in front of Phil (!), who practically had to wring her arm to stay.

Given how much effort Dom put in right up to the very end/how devastated she was at being eliminated, and how apathetic and reluctant Sharik was to even bother finishing the challenge, I would have loved to see Phil say, "You know what? Sorry, Linton, your daughter's proving she really doesn't deserve to be here anymore. You've both been eliminated. Congrats, Dom and Rich, you're back in!"

by Anonymousreply 57October 14, 2022 12:16 PM

Also, I'm loving the twins, the cheerleaders, and Luis & Michelle.

by Anonymousreply 58October 14, 2022 12:25 PM

Dom was HIGHLY entertaining. What a trainwreck! Did she thing that everybody else were master sculptors? I was howling.

by Anonymousreply 59October 14, 2022 12:59 PM

Does no one else remember these?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 14, 2022 3:44 PM

What’s the point of getting rid of non-elimination legs only to have a “mega-leg” where no one is eliminated after the first hour. It really kills any momentum the show had going to have to go two weeks until we check in with Phil at a Pit Stop.

After four episodes we’ve been to Germany, Austria, Italy & Italy. Not exactly the most wowing or unique places to showcase on TAR after all these years. The challenge have been decent though. I love the twins realizing that none of the challenges are really that hard if you read the directions and pay attention.

This isn’t the worst season of TAR- not by a long shot. It’s hard to compete with the nadirs of the blind date season or the social media “star” season (vine doesn’t even exist anymore!); this is kind of a middle-of-the-road season so far.

They need better destinations. Remember a few seasons back when they wen to the stunt film studio in Kazakhstan? That was fricking awesome. Africa, Asia & South America always seem to be more interesting than North America/Europe.

Survivor fired their longtime casting director a few seasons ago, and the show has been immensely better for it. TAR needs a casting shake up too.

by Anonymousreply 61October 16, 2022 5:00 PM

[quote] Amazing Race AXES Non-Elimination Legs

It axed them what?

Axe me no questions and I'll tell you no lies!

by Anonymousreply 62October 16, 2022 5:05 PM

The family of 4 season and that fairly recent season where that bitchy ass gay couple who formed that bullying alliance with other teams were 2 of the worst seasons.

by Anonymousreply 63October 16, 2022 5:26 PM

Maybe them going to the “kingdom of Jordan” will be interesting

by Anonymousreply 64October 16, 2022 9:54 PM

God, the Family season, what a trainwreck. Featuring the African-American family named ‘Black’, so when they were Philiminated Phil actually said, “Black Family, I’m sorry but you have been eliminated from The Amazing Race.” Classic.

by Anonymousreply 65October 17, 2022 4:55 AM

[quote] I think she (Sharik) was actually much WORSE than the motivational speaker (Dom).

I agree. I would've preferred that the motivational speaker stay over that incredibly bratty and unpleasant daughter. I like her dad though -- he needs a better teammate.

by Anonymousreply 66October 17, 2022 5:09 AM

R60 I DO remember Chip Away! They had various things beside Flintstones to find inside the chip stuff, which was kind of waxy. The paint peeled right off the lil statues. I never had this but my friend did do I got to try it.

During the episode I was trying to remember what the hell this was called. Was it a toy? A craft kit? Minutes of fun!

by Anonymousreply 67October 17, 2022 12:03 PM

And that was the FIRST roadblock the daughter had done - her father had done all of them up until then.

Hoping they go next and I hope she is embarrassed and shamed as she watches her performance, but then again folks like her rarely have the much self awareness.

by Anonymousreply 68October 17, 2022 2:47 PM

I wanna go home.

This is not in my wheelhouse. I can't do this.

You can't help but note the race of these 2 "privileged" girls

by Anonymousreply 69October 19, 2022 9:04 PM

Stop

by Anonymousreply 70October 20, 2022 2:54 PM

Buzz off, r69.

What color was Flo, the most notorious AR quitter of all time?

by Anonymousreply 71October 21, 2022 5:53 AM

Not sad to see Sharik go, but I feel bad for her father. That man is made of patience and understanding.

Her sideline criticisms of him during the metal-detector challenge -- a roadblock she IMMEDIATELY said he should do -- were just as bad as her stomping and sulking in the last episode.

by Anonymousreply 72October 21, 2022 1:53 PM

That daughter was bratty and quite disrespectful to her very nice father. “Let’s go! Let’s go!” Bitch, please! Daddy deserved a better teammate. I actually hope they bring him back for an All-Star season with someone else.

They should do a ‘where are they now’ type special and include some past racers who really showed their ass during their season. I would love to hear what they thought when they saw how ugly they showed up on TV.

by Anonymousreply 73October 22, 2022 10:03 AM

[quote]I would love to hear what they thought when they saw how ugly they showed up on TV.

"It was the editing!"

by Anonymousreply 74October 22, 2022 11:54 AM

I was excited for Jordan and a change of scenery (which truly was beautiful), but the challenges were very uninspired. You go to country the race has never visited before and you have walking around a patch of desert with metal detectors and standing there doing a slide puzzle? Not exactly compelling tv, even if Petra certainly is a stunning location.

At least the cast, minus the bratty daughter, is above average. I may not be rooting for any team, but at least I’m not actively rooting against anyone.

by Anonymousreply 75October 24, 2022 3:01 PM

UH-oh from the previews it seems someone has COVID!

by Anonymousreply 76October 24, 2022 3:11 PM

[quote] Only two teams were absent from the Episode 6 promo, which could be a clue... or a red herring. Former Rams cheerleaders Mattie Lynch and Quinton Peron, as well as high school sweethearts Abby Garrett and Will Freeman, did not make an appearance. We're not going to place any bets on who from these two teams could have contracted COVID-19, because it's a serious virus. However, we do think the producers chose to leave two teams out in order to keep us guessing. More will be revealed in Episode 6!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77October 24, 2022 4:55 PM

That lazy daughter is a cunt. Buh bye!!!!

by Anonymousreply 78October 24, 2022 6:05 PM

On TAR: Canada's most recent season, which ended a couple of months ago, 3 teams contracted COVID (simultaneously) early in the race. All three were suddenly just gone and presumed to be off the show.

Several episodes/eliminations later, those 3 teams just-as-suddenly returned and had to complete a roadblock amongst themselves to see which 2 duos would rejoin the race.

I mention this because TAR may do the same thing -- temporarily sideline a team or two for COVID, but then let them compete to get back into the race later.

by Anonymousreply 79October 24, 2022 8:32 PM

Still anxiously awaiting the exploitational swimsuit challenge. Fortunately, the homeliest remaining team was dispatched due to COVID. Whew! Even though I mostly wanted to see the former NFL coach and Linton in gold lame' trunks, at least I can't see any of the remaining females freaking out over having to go down a waterslide!

by Anonymousreply 80October 27, 2022 6:09 AM

Covid struck - team not coming back.

I wish there was something interesting to look at....you know what I mean.....but I guess I'll slog until the end.

by Anonymousreply 81October 27, 2022 4:27 PM

The challenges were a bit better this week, but a leg where you KNOW no one is getting eliminated is not going to have a lot of drama.

by Anonymousreply 82October 28, 2022 11:49 AM

I always thought the guy on the covid team was hot. Now there's just Luis left.

by Anonymousreply 83October 31, 2022 10:17 PM

What about the homosexual cheerleader? He’s a hottie. lololololololol

by Anonymousreply 84November 1, 2022 1:01 AM

[quote]I always thought the guy on the covid team was hot.

Agreed. I was hoping for a swimsuit challenge to see him shirtless and barefoot.

by Anonymousreply 85November 1, 2022 2:05 AM

Luis and Michelle are my definite favorites. Luis’ a hot man with a beautiful wife and I love their energy. I’m definitely getting some AR, Season 6 Kris and Jon energy from them and those two are my all time favorite team. Also, Luis has some big feet. So hot!

by Anonymousreply 86November 1, 2022 8:00 AM

I'm loving Glenda and Lumumba -- he is so supportive and encouraging whenever she's completing a comp. It's very sweet.

by Anonymousreply 87November 2, 2022 11:57 AM

The hispanic woman needs to be next to go.

by Anonymousreply 88November 3, 2022 7:51 PM

I don't get the love for Luis. He's loud and obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 89November 3, 2022 9:28 PM

I like the ballroom dancers, though I can't remember their names.

by Anonymousreply 90November 3, 2022 9:31 PM

This has got to be the most boring an unmemorable cast ever.

by Anonymousreply 91November 4, 2022 1:03 AM

Luis is the contestant we always say we want! He is a fan of the show and is so appreciative of the opportunity to be on the race. He isn't pouting or complaining. He is having the time of his life and loving it!

by Anonymousreply 92November 4, 2022 11:23 AM

AGREE r92! That’s why he’s my favorite. Racers like Luis tend to be my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 93November 4, 2022 11:28 AM

I obviously made my comment about the ballroom dancers before watching the episode. Yikes, she was annoying.

by Anonymousreply 94November 4, 2022 2:53 PM

I'm still shocked Derek is straight (or at least engaged to Claire. Not sure how he defines himself.) He'd look better without those oversize 80s round glasses. I was really enjoying his nips poking through his shirt this episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95November 11, 2022 7:15 AM

Was there no new episode this week or did my bitch ass DVR not record?

by Anonymousreply 96November 17, 2022 8:13 AM

There was an episode but it was a megaleg (they each got a card saying "megaleg" and then it just stopped and the screen read "To be continued." Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 97November 17, 2022 11:34 AM

And how did they get the Miami hottie in the water without letting us see his tits?

by Anonymousreply 98November 17, 2022 7:32 PM

Luis and Michelle are getting the winners' edit, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 99November 18, 2022 5:08 AM

I got to see Luis’ big pretty feet this week. I’m happy!

by Anonymousreply 100November 20, 2022 7:24 PM

Has an injury ever taken a team out of the race in previous seasons?

I feel like Molly's knee is about to give out completely. How awful would it be to get that far and then have to forfeit?

by Anonymousreply 101November 23, 2022 12:45 PM

r101, I seem to remember a father from a father/son team having to take himself and his son out of the race because a bad knee, leg, or waist went out on him. If I remember correctly, they came back for another season and did very well, somewhere between first and third place.

by Anonymousreply 102November 23, 2022 4:54 PM

Thanks, R102!

by Anonymousreply 103November 23, 2022 6:24 PM

Remember when a woman hit herself in the face with a watermelon? Now that was good TV.

[quote] Dallas pizzeria owners Marshall and Lance became the first team on the show to voluntarily quit the race when Marshall’s knee injury flared up and made him and his brother unable to compete during the Leg 6 roadblock in Egypt.

also

[quote] Dave and his son Connor were running to the Leg 2 pitstop, wasn’t visually dramatic, but it led to inspiring events. After acquiring a medical boot and crutches, cancer survivor Dave raced on a detached tendon to New Zealand and Bali, Indonesia, with he and his son, also a cancer survivor, winning both of those sections of the race thanks to start placement and strategic use of their Express Pass. Unfortunately, they could only push so far, and with the first-place leg-winnings in hand, Dave withdrew in Bali and flew home for surgery the next day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104November 23, 2022 7:46 PM

For some reason I remembered the father/son team who had to leave because of knee injury was director Mike White and his gay dad.

by Anonymousreply 105November 23, 2022 9:11 PM

Claire comes across as so annoying and bratty to me.

by Anonymousreply 106November 25, 2022 8:39 AM

Claire really showed her ass this week.

by Anonymousreply 107November 25, 2022 8:41 AM

Derek had zero interest in comforting Claire when she broke down over the high wire walk. I don’t see them lasting

by Anonymousreply 108November 26, 2022 7:19 AM

He couldn't, R108; she yelled at him to not talk. He can do way better than her.

by Anonymousreply 109November 26, 2022 1:10 PM

I’m shocked that Derek isn’t a homo.

by Anonymousreply 110November 26, 2022 1:47 PM

I feel like more stylish, modern glasses would benefit Derek. There's something very '80s about him (the glasses, the floppy hair, the khakis, etc.), and I keep wondering what he'd look like with a more updated look. Both he and Claire also seem asexual to me -- I get a brother/sister energy from them, not a romantic/passionate vibe.

I was glad to see the twins make it through -- and also realized I misindentified Emily as Molly in my previous post.

by Anonymousreply 111November 26, 2022 2:08 PM

r109, that bitch yelled at Aubrey who was trying to get Claire to encourage each other through the task.

by Anonymousreply 112November 26, 2022 5:19 PM

She was TERRIFIED. Have you never been terrified?

by Anonymousreply 113November 26, 2022 6:03 PM

A better word would be traumatized. She was fucking traumatized.

by Anonymousreply 114November 28, 2022 3:01 AM

That’s two words

by Anonymousreply 115November 28, 2022 6:27 AM

Uhhh…no, it isn’t, R115. Pay better attention next time.

by Anonymousreply 116November 28, 2022 5:04 PM

So now does she have PTSD?

by Anonymousreply 117November 28, 2022 6:20 PM

Claire was a bitch and has come off far more unlikeable than on BB. I was surprised to find out she was with Derek X…Claire is bisexual and I had assumed she preferred women the way she talked in the house. Derek X is goofy and fun.

Luis is hot, hot, hot and seems to be having a blast. His wife also has a wonderful attitude about the challenges (she loves heights!). They are exactly who should be cast on the race. Kudos for finding them.

It’s painful watching Emily hobbling around in obvious pain. The twins have a great story, but they’re pretty dull.

by Anonymousreply 118November 28, 2022 6:38 PM

[quote]Luis is hot, hot, hot and seems to be having a blast. His wife also has a wonderful attitude about the challenges (she loves heights!). They are exactly who should be cast on the race. Kudos for finding them.

Totally agree -- they are casting gold. Likeable, entertaining, fans of the show, and very easy to root for. Someone upthread said they're getting the "winner edit," and I agree with that, too.

by Anonymousreply 119November 28, 2022 6:53 PM

r118, totally agree! Luis and Michelle remind me of my all time favorite team Kris and Jon from Season 6. Competitive but very kind to others and never got so mentally involved in the tasks that they couldn’t appreciate the travel aspect. I really hope Luis and Michelle win.

by Anonymousreply 120November 28, 2022 7:13 PM

I'm just relieved the teams are not allowed to help each other as much as they were. That season where they all did the final tasks as a big team was very boring.

I also am one who really misses the "will they, won't they get flights" aspect of the show and the airport scenes- it's dull knowing they'll all get there.

by Anonymousreply 121November 28, 2022 8:29 PM

Claire’s a lez. Derek’s a gay. Any other questions?

by Anonymousreply 122November 28, 2022 8:34 PM

A fag, if you will.

by Anonymousreply 123November 28, 2022 8:51 PM

r121, after that season with those effeminate gay bitches Will and James from season 32 creating a clique to bully and eliminate other teams while helping each other with tasks, which was hugely unpopular with viewers, AR producers had to make sure that doesn’t happen again. Most of the AR related social media hated that season and those bitches.

by Anonymousreply 124November 28, 2022 9:15 PM

That water in Iceland is spectacular! So clear!

by Anonymousreply 125December 1, 2022 12:06 AM

I've driven a stick shift all my life and tha car confused me. It looked like there were two stick shifts?

by Anonymousreply 126December 1, 2022 2:59 AM

How can you go on the Race without knowing how to both drive stick and swim? You'd also better be fine with heights. I'm amazed every year that there are always people who are not prepared.

by Anonymousreply 127December 1, 2022 3:14 AM

That truck had two gear shifts and four pedals? Can someone explain?

by Anonymousreply 128December 1, 2022 3:35 AM

Yes, what was up with the double gear boxes and four pedals!?

by Anonymousreply 129December 2, 2022 12:34 AM

I’m rooting for Luis/Michelle and the Sisters. I like Derek but I REALLY don’t want Claire to win. She’s such a fucking Karen.

by Anonymousreply 130December 2, 2022 1:37 AM

I'm just curious - is it normal not to learn how to swim in the USA? Over here (NZ) you learn to swim at primary school and everyone has to do it. We are on islands though, but I am wondering if that's not a thing there?

by Anonymousreply 131December 2, 2022 5:30 AM

Learning to swim is completely voluntary in the US and is up to the individual family and usually accomplished by paying for lessons at a public swimming pool. Many people don't do it or ever learn to swim.

by Anonymousreply 132December 2, 2022 2:44 PM

People who grew up poor and/or in cities tend not to learn to swim. Blacks generally are not swimmers.

by Anonymousreply 133December 2, 2022 3:53 PM

Im assuming the second "gear shift" actually changes it from 4-wheel drive to 2.

by Anonymousreply 134December 2, 2022 4:51 PM

[quote] I'm just curious - is it normal not to learn how to swim in the USA?

What's more surprising is didn't David say that his father is a fisherman? You might think he'd be a little more comfy in the water.

I hope the twins or Luis/Michelle win. Please not Derek/Claire (mostly because of Claire).

by Anonymousreply 135December 4, 2022 3:38 AM

Is it settled whether Derek is completely straight?

by Anonymousreply 136December 8, 2022 4:32 AM

I congratulate one half of the winning team and that’s Derek. Fuck Karen!

by Anonymousreply 137December 8, 2022 5:02 AM

I don't think Claire is completely straight either. Probably a manufactured relationship for CBS.

by Anonymousreply 138December 8, 2022 5:08 AM

Did Claire and Derreck even interact in the BB house? I thought he and Chada were closer than Claire. This relationship came as a complete shock to me.

by Anonymousreply 139December 8, 2022 7:04 AM

R133 Shut the fuck up! You can't simply answer a fucking question w/o being racist. Out of all of my Black friends, I think I am the only one who sucks at swimming.

by Anonymousreply 140December 8, 2022 7:10 AM

I inadvertently spoiled myself with the winner, and now disappointed, can skip the finale. UGH at those two reality show brats splitting a million dollars by age 25.

by Anonymousreply 141December 8, 2022 7:14 AM

Claire came out as pansexual on BB. I don’t know about Derek.

by Anonymousreply 142December 8, 2022 8:06 AM

Derek does ping. That’s fine because I think he’s cute and would do him.

by Anonymousreply 143December 8, 2022 8:17 AM

Pfffft. I wanted either of the other two teams to win and was bummed at the results. I was SO rooting for the twins when they got to that last challenge -- I thought maybe they could figure out the sequence faster and then somehow get out/get to the finish first.

It also seemed a bit like all the other contestants were more excited to see the twins and Luis/Michelle than Derek and Claire.

And I was really hoping for some motivational closing thoughts from Dom... but alas.

by Anonymousreply 144December 8, 2022 12:16 PM

I just HATE it when game show contestants win the Amazing Race.

by Anonymousreply 145December 9, 2022 12:09 AM

Yeah, this was pretty much the worst season of the show. They have got to figure out a way to let coming in second or third or fourth on a leg mean something, rather than have everyone start on equal footing at the start of every leg.

And no more fucking reality whores.

by Anonymousreply 146December 9, 2022 12:47 AM

The show needs to bring back things that kept it on the air. Things such as the Fast Pass for those who need or want to take a chance to improve their standings. They need the double U-turn, the airports, taxis, and the non-elimination rounds.

Plus, the need more than 2 damn challenges in a leg. They should go back to four tasks.

by Anonymousreply 147December 9, 2022 7:54 AM

Yeah—what happened to the u-turn?

by Anonymousreply 148December 9, 2022 2:45 PM

Do we think Penn Holderness had a massive dick and low hanging balls? All the signs are there (big nose, big feet, long fingers). But somehow one feels it still might be off-putting, not sure why.

by Anonymousreply 149December 9, 2022 2:51 PM

Now that I have watched the episode...is Claire the biggest bitch or what?

by Anonymousreply 150December 9, 2022 4:54 PM

Such a disappointment that the BB team won. If the twins hadn't made a couple of driving mistakes, they might have prevailed.

I agree with R145 I hate it when reality contestants from other shows win......and R147 should be the new producer of TAR.

by Anonymousreply 151December 9, 2022 6:03 PM

I wish they would forbid them from asking passersby to use their smartphones for directions. MAKE them use an old-fashioned map, I bet most of them wouldn't even know how.

by Anonymousreply 152December 9, 2022 7:28 PM

Agreed. They might as well just let them use cellphones themselves.

by Anonymousreply 153December 9, 2022 8:04 PM

I got the sense that Phil was a bit annoyed by Derek and Claire.

by Anonymousreply 154December 9, 2022 8:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!